Revival Dawn is a role-playing forum set in an alternate universe of canon One Piece.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
The Halloween Contest is here! And with it comes the recruitment of quest graders! If you're interested in sharing a spooky story and/or becoming a quest grader, go sign up here! Happy spooking!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
Gray
[Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane I_vote_lcap[Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane I_voting_bar[Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane I_vote_rcap 
NPC
[Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane I_vote_lcap[Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane I_voting_bar[Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane I_vote_rcap 
Castor O. Nox
Deku
Baltroy
Wren
Shiro O' Lantern
Mysti
Erik Dubois Jr
Cody
Discord Server
Vote for Us
Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

[Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Miku E. Sato

Miku E. Sato

[Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane Rowdy_10
Tracker

Name : Miku Etsuko Sato
Epithet : Rowdy Rascal
Race : Human
Faction : Pirate
Crew : Meddling Kids
Ship : The Scorned Lady
Crew Position : Captain
Haki Level : 2
Attack (ATK) : 265
Defense (DEF) : 105
Reflex (RX) : 170
Willpower (WP) : 185
Level : 25
Experience Points : 2500
Bounty : 32,500,000
Berries : 55,000
[Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane Child_11

[Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane Empty
PostSubject: [Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane   [Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 10:22 pm

[ seize life with your own hands ]

The sun was barely setting over the ocean, turning the sky a mix of hues that create an almost deep purple that is tinged with pink on the horizon. Silhouetted against the setting sun is a small island surrounded by several anchored ships of varying sizes and styles but all have one thing in common. Different variations of a jolly roger sailing from their main mast. This small island was simply known as Pirate’s Refuge, a small unmarked island only discovered by accident or passed between pirate crews. The Meddling Kids Crew was of the former, having found the island by mistake and simply investigating.

Now the entire crew, minus two left behind for watch, were at an outdoor ramshackle tavern run by whoever had decided to set up in such a remote location. Miku and her crewmates all sat around two tables, enjoying their evening and drinking merrily with one another. It seemed some of the guys at their second table were all getting rowdy and had begun to challenge one another in games of strength, chance, and sleight of hands.

Miku simply leaned back in her chair and smiled warmly at them, the smile hidden in her mug which she had brought up to her lips. It wouldn’t do to look too happy around her, plenty of troublemakers were here besides her own boys. Not that anyone noticed she was a woman yet. Something that she always found annoying despite the fact she was intentionally dressing as a young man. A sigh escaped her lips and looked at her only other companion at her table, Kon. The monkey man had joined her crew after their misadventure on Karate Island. He wasn’t the strongest yet but she saw a lot of potential in her monkey boy.

Miku’s eyes drifted from him back towards the rest of the patrons scattered throughout the many tables set up on the dirt with simple torches lighting the whole area. There seemed to be an unspoken rule to not bring up any old grudges or cause any problems on this island. A sort of permanent parley, as some would say. The idea seemed implausible but it was obviously working out and she chuckled lightly. “Who said there was no honor amongst thieves?” The short captain said out loud.

Trackers:

Gray

Gray

[Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane Cool-t10
Tracker

Name : Gray Starks
Epithet : The Conqueror (Formerly "Black Fist")
Race : Human Cyborg
World Position : Super Veteran (Former Yonkou)
Crew : Black Fist Pirates (Destroyed)
Ship : Sangria Vane (Destroyed)
Crew Position : Captain (Former)
Devil Fruit : Pressure-Pressure Fruit
Haki Specialization : All
Haki Level : 9
Attack (ATK) : 750
Defense (DEF) : 600
Reflex (RX) : 655
Willpower (WP) : 600
Level : 100
Experience Points : 10000
Bounty : 2,500,000,000
Income Multiplier : +10%
Berries : 25,000,000,000
[baneoftheweak][childofdestiny][windcaller][punchoutguru]
[endgameboss]

PostSubject: Re: [Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane   [Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 1:59 pm

The soothing sound of the gentle tide climbing up the shore awoke him that evening. His afternoon nap had been so peaceful it had near turned into a full day's sleep.

He awakened on a lonely shore of Pirate's Refuge. It was a quaint little island, despite the many volatile personalities who visited it daily. The place was rarely a long stop for anyone, but vestiges of Oga's last holiday here remained.

That rowdy Yonkou had set up one of his base of operations here not more than a few months ago. His stay had brought commerce to the island, and it seemed some of the prosperity lingered after the Thunder Thunder Pirates returned to the New World.

His tranquil rest had managed to starve him. A loud growl from his empty belly prompted him to abandon the comfortable sand. When he was on his feet, a small shockwave was released with the gentle giant at its centre. Animals had their ways of shaking off sand and moisture, and he had his.

He strolled to the populated bits of the island, whistling to himself as his robotic arm wheezed and winced now and then to add to the tune. His whistles were not like others'. The notes carried abnormally far, and the melody filled one's ears as if it were coming from within. It was one of the many tricks he had mastered through the use of his devil-gifted abilities.

The lack of accessibility on civilized islands had often been an issue for this lone traveller, what with him being ten feet tall. Most buildings barely allowed him through the door. Fortunately for him, Pirate's Refuge was an "open-concept" sort of place. Business was conducted under the scorching sun or drenching rain. Though a good few merchants did have the sophistication to erect some form of shade.

The dining options on Pirate's Refuge were few and far between. But the cyborg had never been picky. He stopped at the very first restaurant - if one could call it that. A derelict wooden structure served as the indoors of an otherwise outdoor eatery. The tall man had no complaints. At least I can eat without worrying about putting a hole through the ceiling.

His size, his regal cloak and fur scarf which contradicted his scruffy appearance, and most of all, his advanced robotic arm; these were often a source of attention (and occasionally conflict). The patrons of the tavern stared at him with a mixed expression of caution and intrigue. He had been the target of many-a-pirates' spunky adventures in brawling.  He hoped this evening wouldn't add to that count of failed adventurers.

He sat on a grassy spot a few feet away from the farthest of tables. A mousy little red-head, no older than ten, attended him. Despite her quiet nature, she seemed to be at ease addressing him. Must be my kind smile. He smiled to himself. One after another, he listed drinks. Each one of them was unavailable or unheard of. In the end, he settled for a barrel of red wine from Baterilla, which, the little girl served as if she were holding a small tray. "You are one strong young lady! That is very impressive. Thank you." He offered a shiny gold coin which summoned a wide grin on the waitress.

While awaiting an order of twenty grilled tuna, he chugged wine straight from the barrel, pausing only to release burps that made the nearby tables shake. Of course, he wasn't so crude-mannered as to not follow those burps with an "Excuse me, please."

TRACKERS:

Emi Roromiya

Tracker

Name : Emi Roromiya
Epithet : Smiling Slayer
Crew Position : Navigator
Devil Fruit : N/A
Haki Level : 1
Attack (ATK) : 110
Reflex (RX) : 105
Willpower (WP) : 105
Level : 10
Experience Points : 1000
Berries : 8,050,000

PostSubject: Re: [Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane   [Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 8:03 pm

@Miku E. Sato @Gray
been a long time waiting
Prove yourself and RISE RISE

Her journey had only just begun and she had already stumbled upon what appeared to be a secret island. She had doubled checked all the maps that she had stowed away on her fishing boat and it was not charted on a single one. It didn't really come as a surprise to her due to there being a vast amount of islands that had to be charted in all the blues. In fact, it was more exciting that she had discovered an island that hadn't been charted or at least not officially yet. She soon realized that it had yet to be charted for a very good reason but this only seemed to excite her more.

This would be her first actual encounter with pirates after officially becoming one herself. She had minimal interaction with them before back on her island and on the island that she trained her swordplay on. She had always been curious and watched them from afar as that was usually the closest she had been allowed to be to them. Her mother's stories about her father's adventures had been the biggest factor for her taking up the skull and crossbones. But the snippets of life that she saw from afar had also brought the girl excitement and encouraged her.

So here she was docking on a secret island that looked to be a hub that pirates could meet at. She looked around at the different colors that were flying on each ship in awe. It was amazing how many different crews were on this little island. She took the time to make sure her little fishing boat was secure before moving onto the island. It was but an ant among giants. Despite the odd looks, her smile remained ever-present on her face.

As she ventured further onto the island, she found the outdoor tavern that appeared to be the only thing actually present on the island. So this was just a place where pirates could come to have a drink and not worry about the marines showing up. That was really nifty! The smell of the food as it entered her nose only prompted her stomach to growl in hunger and she knew what she needed to do first. She found herself a table to sit at and as she waited for a waitress she looked around at the rowdy lot with a grin on her face. She wondered as she looked over each and every crew if any of them were in a need of a swordswoman or navigator or even just a new crewmate in general. After a minute or two, she ordered herself some food, even though the decision was very difficult to make due to everything sounding delicious.  

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Make'em remember you, RISE

coded by heroin of gs and adox

Miku E. Sato

[Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane Rowdy_10
Tracker

Name : Miku Etsuko Sato
Epithet : Rowdy Rascal
Crew Position : Captain
Haki Level : 2
Attack (ATK) : 265
Reflex (RX) : 170
Willpower (WP) : 185
Level : 25
Experience Points : 2500
Bounty : 32,500,000
Berries : 55,000
[Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane Child_11

PostSubject: Re: [Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane   [Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 10:19 pm

[ seize life with your own hands ]

As the night continued Miku got deeper into her mug, to the point that she definitely needed a refill. The Rascal had raised her mug and slammed it on the table, the universal signal for a refill among the riff raff of the world. “Hey! Can I get another over here?!” The young woman was grinning as she handed the young waitress her change when a sudden loud noise was accompanied by a large rumbling that shook all the nearby tables.

The tables occupied by the Meddling Kids didn’t even notice as they were being a rowdy bunch of troublemakers over there. However, their captain at her table was very aware of this as her recently delivered mug of rum was spilled all over her shirt and in her lap. Her face quickly turned red from a mix of anger and embarrassment as the cold drink seeped through her clothing and into the bandages that bound her chest. “Aaaaaahhh” The young woman moaned as she felt the drink seep and cause chills to run down her back. Her blush only increased as a few of her own crew and even patrons heard her and looked with raised eyebrows. “What the hell are ya’ll lookin at?!” She growled at them which quickly caused them to look away.

The now drenched Captain was quickly looking around the bar to find the cause of the rumbling and zeroed in on the giant man who had just uttered a pathetic “Excuse me, please.” With her target in view the Rascal quickly scooted back her stool and started to march over to the man. A few whispers and worried looks passed through the patrons of the outdoor tavern as Miku made no attempt at hiding her approach towards the man. Her fists were clenched, eyes were narrowed, and her shirt soaked and slightly transparent. Damn, why did she choose to wear one of the lighter colored shirts she owned. Should have stuck with the usual dark blues she loves to wear.

When she finally reached the man’s table she stood in front of him with a massive scowl on her face and settled him with a glare. “What the hell was up with that shitty burp ya bastard?” Miku demanded as she slammed a fist on the table, not breaking it but obviously angry. “Your burp caused the table to shake and knock my drink all over me!” At this she pointed at her chest before realizing she was directing his attention there and quickly crossing her arms as if she was simply angry, not hiding her chest. “I think you owe me a free drink at the very least.” She uttered these words with less venom but she was still obviously still upset. “Oh, and you’re definitely not excused.”

Trackers:

Gray

Gray

[Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane Cool-t10
Tracker

Name : Gray Starks
Epithet : The Conqueror (Formerly "Black Fist")
Race : Human Cyborg
World Position : Super Veteran (Former Yonkou)
Crew : Black Fist Pirates (Destroyed)
Ship : Sangria Vane (Destroyed)
Crew Position : Captain (Former)
Devil Fruit : Pressure-Pressure Fruit
Haki Specialization : All
Haki Level : 9
Attack (ATK) : 750
Defense (DEF) : 600
Reflex (RX) : 655
Willpower (WP) : 600
Level : 100
Experience Points : 10000
Bounty : 2,500,000,000
Income Multiplier : +10%
Berries : 25,000,000,000
[baneoftheweak][childofdestiny][windcaller][punchoutguru]
[endgameboss]

PostSubject: Re: [Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane   [Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 9:01 pm

Chug. Chug. Chug. Each gulp the middle-aged cyborg swallowed could've filled an average drunkard's flagon. Twelve gulps without a pause for breath and he'd emptied another barrel. The flagrant boozer burped again, violating whatever stability the other guests had maintained of their utensils after the first few gassy interruptions.

Only after the last traces of that long belch had left his stomach did he realise that he'd 'better-out-than-in'ed directly at a blue-haired ruffian.

Wiping the foam moustache grown above his lip, he lowered his head in response to the young lady's barking. A benign smile curved his bearded mouth. "Ohhh, ojou-chan! Please accept my humblest apologies for interfering with your meal." Even the most sceptical cynic would struggle to find any hint of contempt or condescension in his apology.

The giant waved at the reticent redhead, his blissful grin encouraging her to address him before those who had waited longer. The little tyke was single-handedly serving the unruly patrons of the nameless watering hole. Despite the distinct lack of staff, there were few to no vocal complaints about the delays in service. Any critics were quickly silenced by the freckled lass' diligence and inhuman brawn.

The cloaked man presented the waitress with three gold coins. "What's your name, little lady?" He asked, diverting his attention from the blue-haired challenger briefly. The bashful redhead twirled one of her short pigtails around her finger before squeaking a quiet word. "Wendy."

The cyborg's grin widened as he placed the promised coins in Wendy's expectant palm. "Thank you for your hard work, Wendy-chan~! I'm Gray. It's truly a pleasure to meet you! May I ask you to bring me another barrel - this time your most intoxicating saké? And bring my guest here a barrel of whatever she likes." He gestured towards the round-faced blue-hair, giving no thought to the inconvenience of being served alcohol in a barrel.

With a half-nod, Wendy made the coins disappear into her petticoat swifter than an illusionist. She scuttered off once (and if) the bitter woman had ordered.

Gray turned back to his offended guest and introduced himself as if he hadn't just done so in front of her. "My name is Gray. I hope you'll accept this drink to make up for the one I spilt." He stretched his flesh hand, offering a handshake (though his hand was likely too big in comparison for the offer to be considered polite by the average person).

The hungry colossus then retrieved a juicy red skewered-tuna from the pile placed next to him and bit into it sloppily. Chewing like a two-year-old—with crumbs falling out of the corners of his lips—he spoke barely legible words. "Bot bringz ju to Biratez Refuge? Ard ju a birate? Iz dat jur crew ober der?" The cyborg waved over to a rowdy bunch staring at them with a vested interest. He was near certain the blue-haired lady was in their company when he'd arrived.

Gray could only hope that this volatile scene wouldn't escalate into a gang of misguided delinquents venting their frustrations on him through unnecessary violence.

Tags: @Miku E. Sato, @Emi Roromiya
Notes: Apologies for the wait!

Emi Roromiya

Tracker

Name : Emi Roromiya
Epithet : Smiling Slayer
Crew Position : Navigator
Devil Fruit : N/A
Haki Level : 1
Attack (ATK) : 110
Reflex (RX) : 105
Willpower (WP) : 105
Level : 10
Experience Points : 1000
Berries : 8,050,000

PostSubject: Re: [Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane   [Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 2:43 pm

@Miku E. Sato @Gray
didn't take nearly as long this time
Prove yourself and RISE RISE

Emi took in the smell of the food that she ordered once it was placed in front of her and it only made her smile widen more. Back in her home village, her smile was something that she had been known for whether people thought she was weird or whether it was contagious was dependent on who was asked. If there was on thing that could truly make her happy besides drawing up charts and her swords, it would be food especially the kind that made her mouth water. That was what the plate in front of her was currently doing. It had been a while since she'd had any meal that was on par with what had been set in front of her.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" To say she was excited about the delicious food in front of her would probably be an understatement as she thanked the red haired waitress. She didn't hesitate to start scarfing the food down after the waistress had kindly excused herself as soon as she had accepted Emi's thanks. All she had been consuming as of late was whatever burnt to a crisp food she managed to cook. Her mother had always told her that she was better with a pair of swords or a pencil in her hand than cooking utensils. No matter how hard her mother had tried she just couldn't teach Emi how to cook anything but burnt to a crisp food.

As Emi happily devoured the delicious food in front of her, she looked at the different groups around her once more. Observing the conversations and interactions between them all. She couldn't wait to be a part of a crew and have fun like the lot of them all seemed to be having. It was as she was chewing her food to prevent herself from choking that she observed a blue hair pirate getting huffy and another huge pirate. She had noticed his belches, which were more like mini earthquakes, but paid no mind to them because they hadn't affected her. However, they seemed to have caused some problems for the ruffian who was now confronting him about it.

It was really exciting to watch the encounter unfold before her and she kept stuffing food into her mouth as she watched. She didn't want to be nosy but it was interesting to know just what would come as a result of this interaction. The giant pirate had clearly apologized for belching and no one else seemed to have minded but this one shorter pirate had minded very much. The green-haired pirate made sure to take a drink of her ale to wash down the food as she continued digging into her plate. She watched the exchange between the two pirates with obvious interest while other all the other pirates didn't show any almost as if they were used to this type of thing.
Make'em remember you, RISE

coded by heroin of gs and adox

COMBAT TRACKERS:

[Social] Flea-Bites and a Hurricane
Page 1 of 1