Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[World Event] A Fool's ErrandYesterday at 11:35 amHyde Garland[Bio] Kaito TsukiyamaYesterday at 4:36 amKaito Tsukiyama[Rolls] Start me up!Yesterday at 4:08 amRNGesus[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:24 pmGoldmonger[Saga] The Dark Parade - The Diagnosis [Part I] Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:25 pmRowan Roji[Tracker] Tafari LeonidasMon Mar 25, 2024 7:45 pmTafari[Arc] Dreams of Kings and Castles: Part III- Invocation Under StarlightMon Mar 25, 2024 4:56 pmSkoll[Bio] Tafari Leonidas Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:33 pmGray[Bio] Asakura DojiMon Mar 25, 2024 3:31 pmGray
Go down
Anonymous

[Episode] Trouble in the Library, Imposters Empty [Episode] Trouble in the Library, Imposters

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:05 pm
Quest Details:

Issen Hachiyo balanced his short body on the second to top rung of an obnoxiously tall wooden ladder, slanted against the inside of a remarkably sturdy library. So comfortable had he become at scanning the spine of each dusty tome that his neck was starting to get stiff at the ninety degree angle.

"I've found it now!" he declared with some finality, earning the deep sighs of relief from three hurried librarians near the base of the library. With the marine's claim, he slid smoothly down the ladder, landing with a thud much heavier than one might expect from Issen's diminutive frame. "Davy Back Fights: Origin and Perpetuity," he read aloud, satisfied with the niche find.

"Splendid and wonderful, sir," the librarian crooned. Issen could tell the older lady was laying on some thick charm. The sentiment was no doubt some mixture of fear and apprehension by the seagull mark on his uniform. On an island devoted to knowledge, there was a clear anxiety about any representative of the world government making themselves known. For Issen, that didn't mean much. He didn't mind the extra attention. "So it will be this and...?"

Issen waved off her question. He kicked out the chair from under a dozing marine grunt, waking him with a sheer start. "I'm not quite done yet," he told the librarian. Issen didn't bother to look back when he said so, and thus missed the frustrated and disgruntled look she shot behind his back. "Guppy, switch out these new books with the ones in my study." The marine footsoldier nodded hastily, and when Issen turned back to speak with the librarian once more, the marine gave him a similarly hateful glare.

"Where exactly do you keep the more valuable wares?" The lieutenant commander asked the librarian bluntly.

"Is there something specific and exact for which you'll be looking and perusing?"

"No. I'm just browsing for something a little more..." he cast his wide eyes around the cylindrical library. "Obscure. Know what I mean?"

"Dubious and mysterious, of course." The librarian looked off somewhere, avoiding Issen's gaze. Receiving some unseen signal, she smiled nervously. "Right this way lieutenant commander, sir."

Issen followed promptly, genuinely excited for what treasures of knowledge he could discover. The marine made a mental note to make more 'information gathering' sojourns in the future.
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
[Episode] Trouble in the Library, Imposters G7UGK6I
[tracker=/t980-castor-o-nox#4771]
Name : Castor O. Nox
Epithet : Sanpaku | The Azure Pheasant | Duke Of Lvneel | Saint Nox
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 175lbs
Species : Three-Eye Tribesman
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Blockbuster
Alliance : -
Crew : Nox Pirates
Ship : The Wailing Calamity
Crew Role : Captain | Navigator | Book Collector | Pride Sin
Devil Fruit : Goro Goro no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 620,000,000
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (To all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf); +0.10 (Blockbuster); +0.20 (To all allies)
Shop Discount : -20%
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 96,000,000
Balance : [bel] 2,470,815,020
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[dreamsneverdie]]
[[bookworm]][[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

[Episode] Trouble in the Library, Imposters Empty Re: [Episode] Trouble in the Library, Imposters

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:27 am

blur_on

Book Nerd's

Sitting at a smooth oak countertop, a woman dressed in a white skirt and pink top sat reading adjacent from his person. Previously consumed in his own studies, the Pirate Captain adjusted his thick glasses, focusing his available eyes on the title of the book that the woman was reading. Taken aback, Castor garnered her attention with a whistle, maintaining steady eye to follow up the rude salutations.

“Can I help you?” the woman inquired, corroborating his rudeness with a stern tone of her own.

“That book your reading… I read it a few times as a child. Just seeing the cover brings back memories.”
Castor responded.

The woman’s facial expression conveyed her immense doubt in the man’s statement

“Surely you jest? This book is much too complex for any child to understand it’s charm.” The woman stated in condescending manner.

Dressed in a baggy lime-green turtle neck sweater, long black accompanying jeans, and a yellow headband with the word ‘Love’ on it, the man rose from his seated position and began to recite a popular quote from the novel.

“A man who lives by his desires only is cursed. Long live the knave that lives for love. Fights for freedom and dances with spirits in his cup, though, I’ve had a few already!”
Castor recited dramatically.

The woman’s eyes gleamed brightly, the gaze so intense it made even Castor uncomfortable monetarily but it wouldn’t last long. Afterwards, she’d stand up from her seat too and respond with the heroine’s lines.

“A man who has no desire is as good as dead. For even fools have dreams.” The woman declared, completing the quote.

“You certainly know your stuff.” Castor responded grinning.

“You must have been an inquisitive child. Didya know... The Romance of the Four Blues. It’s a series that was written by an incarcerated pirate but it’s content is incredibly surreal. How old were you when you first read it?”
the woman rattled on, intrigued by the man.

“Around 8 or 9. I had access to a pretty vast library. I was always in a race to read as many books as I can.”
Castor responded.

After this, the duo conversed for a bit about the series and various other novels from the same author. At one point, the woman’s voice rose so loud that a prompt ‘SSH’ from other readers and eventually even management, caused her to tone down the fanatical energy a few notches.

“Books are just amazing aren’t they?! It can unite two strangers to find common ground. My name is Fana and yourself?” Fana stated, introducing herself.

“Castor. My family named me after constellations funny enough!” Castor exclaimed nervously, accidently blurting out his real name.

“Mhm. I like that name.” Fana said, nodding herself in approval.

“Well. I have to stop slacking off and get back to work!”
Fana stated, stretching upward before taking up her robe.

“I’m an enforcer for the Oharan Scholars’ Association. I have to patrol the library now. Care to join me? I’ll show you were all the good reads are stashed away.” Fana stated, smiling broadly.

“It’d be my pleasure.” Castor retorted, adjusting his spectacles.

Word Count: 516 | Tagged: @Issen Hachiyo

Notes: The beginning

[Episode] Trouble in the Library, Imposters Empty Re: [Episode] Trouble in the Library, Imposters

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:05 am
Issen Hachiyo followed the librarian down a descending staircase in the center of the tree trunk that functioned as Ohara’s most famous library. By the marine’s guess, they probably descended something close to seven flights of stairs. Along the way it had crossed the marine’s mind a few times that he may be walking into some vengeful ambush. Had he pushed his luck just a little too far? He grabbed the hilt of his sword in preparation for what lay below the stairs.

Even the two guards at the top of the stairs had been unhappy to see him descend like he had. “You must forgive and pardon them,” the librarian pleasantly plead, “they’re very committed to the work to which they’ve been assigned and entrusted. So long as you’re careful with our books, however, you won’t get on their bad and vindictive side.”

“Why should a naval officer be scared of two book guards?”

“Bahaha,” the librarian chuckled, “if you have any affection and fondness for these books at all, then you surely must know the need for extremely powerful guards to protect and defend them.”

“Maybe such a job should be left to the marines, then,” Issen posited, some daring venom in his voice.

The librarian looked over her shoulder, not breaking her stride. She merely glanced to gauge the severity of Issen’s words. “Perhaps and mayhaps. Here we are.” Her lackluster introduction did no justice to the worth of the room. Even a tertiary scan of the books revealed an obviously bountiful collection. A device in the center of the room spewed a very specific temperature of cool air, like walking into a fridge.

“Pardon the cold and chill, the device-”

“Keeps the books at a certain temperature to protect them, I know very well. You can leave me now.” Issen knew he would be there for a while. Already his hand moved towards a tome left out on a table before another man intervened.

Redd Legment:

Bizarre looking and intense, the guy was difficult to look at, even for the worldly Issen.

“I’ll be upstairs if you need anything at all,” the librarian told Issen. “Ohara’s militia captain, Redd Legment, will be keeping a careful eye on the books.”

"Another guard," the marine quietly complained. Even for the worth of these books, this security was intense.

The strange man didn’t let his own hand off the book, putting his other hand towards his temple, clearly deep in thought. "A coincidence! That’s the word! For us to both be in immediate need of this book."

“Took you a while to come up with that word, huh,” Issen replied derisively. Clearly, the comment hit upon a sore spot for the officer, who began sniffling lightly. “I understand your big stuff, but I’m a navy officer, and need to be learning more and more information about the world as part of my job. Taking this book out of my hand will be an obstruction of justice, and nothing less.”

Again, Redd pressed his fingers up to his temple, odd face screwed up in thought. "Okay!" he finally said, hand reluctantly falling away from the book.

“That long for ‘okay’?” Issen reviewed the book, trying to discover exactly what book he'd just faked a crime for which to read. The title read "Underworld History of West Blue - 1710 to Now." Surely, Issen thought, 'to now' was some sort of joke, the book looked incredibly old, but nonetheless it seemed like a valuable read, and Issen happily began browsing for more like it.
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:48 pm

blur_on

Book Nerd's

Shelves upon shelves of books, all categorized alphabetically occupied the first floor of the library. Across the West Blue and the world, the library carried texts from major world events to the odd one off children fable. Following Fana inward, eventually the pair stumbled across two guards carrying spears, crossing them in an ‘X’ fashion to block free passage along the staircase.

“Relax boys. It’s me.” Fana declared, flashing her badge. Immediately the men stood at attention, moving their spears out of the way to allow the pair to pass. Just then, another person had made it to the top of the staircase. It was the librarian he’d saw on his way in earlier, and the two greeted each other in the way two military officers would in passing.

“Oh wow. It’s Fana – The Human Archive.”
One of the guards murmured under his breath, almost star-struck, eyes firmly in awe at the woman’s gorgeous good looks. Her long pink straightened hair, which stretched all the way down to her skirt’s waist and bright peach colored irises added to the woman’s aesthetic.

Chuckling to himself as they’d descend the staircase, the woman inquired the reason behind the man’s merriment. “How does one acquire the nickname of ‘Human Archive’?” Castor asked. Responding with a laugh of her own, “I’ve spent most of my life in this library. I’ve read and remember about 75% of this places catalogue. My part in the army is simple. I remember the condition of every book I’ve ever read. I go through to make sure no rentals or in-house readings lead to damage. If so, we end up finding the offenders and that’s one of the ways the army plays it’s part.” Fana explained.“I see.”Castor responded quickly.

Reaching the end of the staircase, two men came into sight. A broad and buff gentleman with an appearance that wasn’t the easiest on the eyes and a second man who had long flowing black hair, with sky blue eyes, a pretty boy. “Heyo! Legment!” Fana shouted, waving at the odd man. Responding with a shy wave back that didn’t truly suit his appearance, the two army members began to converse. Castor assessed the next stranger who’d be standing behind the massive army member. As he’d gotten closer, the familiar Marine Crest came into view of the disguised Supernova.

Turning her focus towards Castor once again, “This place is where we keep the more obscure texts. I didn’t get to ask you earlier but that book you were reading was an atlas was it not?” Fana inquired.

Nodding his head in approval, adjusting his thick eyewear, “That’s how I make my living after all. I’m a chart designer. A navigator for hire who happens to collect books from all over the world. Though, this time around I came in search of one particular book. The History of Gideon… Any book that documents the Three Eye Tribe home island.” Castor retorted. Grinning, “Well this floor is certainly for you. The history of many nations lie on this level. After all, one of the many collections classes this place is known far is World History!” Fana declared.

Word Count: 522 | Tagged: @Issen Hachiyo

Notes: The beginning

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:49 pm
Issen Hachiyo lazily eyeballed the two newcomers. Clearly this place wasn’t all that secure if just anybody could walk between those two guards. As they began to descend the staircase into the room, Issen flipped through the book he’d just won over from Legment, turning to the more recent pages first. If the book really chronicled all criminality up until the present moment, then the back of the book would be more interesting for law enforcement.

Despite his sound logic, as Issen scanned over the last few pages, they were completely blank. As he flipped back towards the cover, the marine discovered nearly a hundred blank pages, as if there was some mistake in its printing. The last page in the book with any writing was dated at just four days earlier. It read:

“Tonight the Aries Pirates move two hundred pounds of weaponry through the Through Line Currents. The deal that was organized a week prior came to fruition and the Chakram Revolutionary Cell will be delivering payment to the Northern end of Toroa island.

Following this payment, the Aries Pirates will serve twenty percent of the berries collected to marine captain Roshlong at marine base 41 on Ilusia. Marine captain Roshlong hereby commits-”

Issen had to snap the book closed in a fit. He was nearly sweating despite the chilly atmosphere of the room. What he’d read could’ve been a terrifying horror story or a damning accusation of a superstar navy officer. Issen wasn’t sure which he could believe, but something about the look that Redd Legment gave him, something about the suspicious gauging of his strange eyes made Issen feel strangely compelled to believe every word he’d just read.

The staring contest was interrupted by an excitable conversation about history, and Issen opted to play the situation as cool as he could manage. “The Three Eye Tribe,” Issen remarked, cutting into their conversation. “That’s quite the peculiar interest. What prompts it? And miss,” his attention turned to the woman, “I’d like to ask, how long has this particular book been in this library’s possession? Is it a new arrival?”

In his anxiety-ridden state, Issen was careful of every word he said. Suddenly everything about Ohara felt dangerous, from the intense guards at the top of the stairs to the piercing eyes of Redd Legment.

The friendly woman seemed a little upset to be interrupted in conversation but Issen, but she obliged, delicately taking the book from the marine’s hands and examining its spine with no particular expression. “I could be incorrect, but… just kidding! I’m never incorrect about these things. Your book there has been with us two years, four months, three weeks, two days and seven hours.”

Issen instantly relaxed. “Ah, so it’s fiction? That’s a relief.”

“Fiction?” Fana replied. “There’s not much of anything outside of the truth down in this section.”

“Except that book, it seems,” Issen would say, jerking a finger towards the book laying back on the table near Redd Legment. His eyes also seemed more relaxed than they had been before. It seemed the whole situation was paranoia in the marine’s mind.

“Let’s hear more about history instead.”
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:56 pm

blur_on

Book Nerd's

“My interest in the Three Eye Tribe… I guess it started with a wandering family that I became close with on my journeys. I would accompany them to and fro across the seas. They’d always talk about this beautiful island called Gideon. I guess I’m a romantic in a sense.” Castor concluded.

“My dream is to visit that island one day and meet the indigenous people. Maybe unite with that family.”
Castor concluded. Tears streamed from Fana’s eyes at Castor’s story, “Inspirational! I’ll try to be as much of a help as I can be. I actually do believe we have a book on record about the Three Eye Tribe.” Fana stated, scratching her head habitually as she usually would when pondering about where a particular book was filed.

Jumping into mid-air, Fana seemingly danced on the air, launching herself off the ground towards the aisles. Shifting through the various passage ways in between the book shelves, she’d soar from section to section searching for the book in question.

Meanwhile, Legment’s glance kept on a swivel, constantly monitoring the two aliens in their sanctuary. After about ten minutes, Fana returned with an encyclopedia sized book, dropping it into Castor’s arms. The weight of the book sunk the shorty towards the ground momentarily, not expecting it’s weight to be so exorbitant.

Cleaning off the dust from it’s cover, the book’s title read, ‘The History of the Three Eye Pirates’. “Three Eye Pirates?” Castor declared out loud. “Mhm. That books an autobiographical take on the marine who finally brought them in. There time in the New World and personal accounts of their Tribe Land. It’s good read, shy of about seven hundred pages.

Unfortunately, like with all books on this level, you can only read them in the library. Rentals are strictly prohibited.”
Fana explained.

Gashi Gashi Gashi

“I’m a fast reader and besides I have sometime to kill before my next voyage. I might as well invest it in my ambitions.” Castor declared, laughing in his unique manner. “Though. I understand myself being a civilian but not even a member of the marine core can borrow? Sounds like a strange policy.” Castor theorized. Legment and Fana’s face began to sweat uncontrollably, you could tell it was a topic they weren’t the fondest of. Averting their eyes from the pirate, the duo tried to change the course of the conversation.

“It’s against policy to discuss army matters with civilians and we’re trying to keep the marines out of our business.” Fana thought to herself.

“How observant of you. Yes. In the past we did allow marine officials to hold some privileges but due to a change in policy, that no longer is the case.” Legment interjected sternly, noticing that Fana was fumbling for a rebutal.

Word Count: 462 | Tagged: @Issen Hachiyo

Notes:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:40 pm
Issen Hachiyo examined the library’s contents in passing, paying attention to the conversation as it carried on without his direct involvement. Many of the book contained in this section broached wildly niche and peculiar interests. While some he’d only heard tell of, many others of the books were completely alien, especially the collection of a dozen or so books claiming to tell of alien involvement in historical affairs.

For a library to have even a single book on the cosmos was quite impressive, but for the Oharan library in which Issen stood, it seemed no topic was too specific or off-kilter to broach. Though it wasn’t especially interesting for him, the young marine added “True History: Extraterrestrial Affront!” and “Meteors in the Hearth” to a slowly growing stack of rentals he’d add to the books he’d already rented from the inventory upstairs.

Issen grew more invested in the conversation as it drew forward, he politely accepted the other fellow’s answers. When Legment spoke up in a sudden and impactful way, he grew even more interested, especially concerning his new rentals wouldn’t be able to leave the library as he’d planned.

“‘A change in policy’?” he asked brashly. “Were you not listening to me earlier? Any book a marine reads is in service of his work. This means every book I’m reading is being read to help put a stop to criminal enterprises across this ocean and every other sea.” More aggressively, he pressed in close to Redd Legment, “I must ask, would you like to be charged with a count of obstruction of justice?”

Again that feeling of unease began to set in to his head and gut. Legment and the librarian were acting much more nervous than they should given all the security of this library. The policies and the tension made for mystery. Issen had to press further to demystify the present situation.

“If there’s been a case of missing books, or tampered goods, I’m sure I can open an official investigation into this library,” he bluffed. “I can have every marine on that navy ship poring over inch of this place for any sign of foul play. Would that help to assuage any fears you may have about me… and this young fellow renting out some books?”
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:53 am

blur_on

Book Nerd's

As the marine’s threat boiled the blood of the two Ohara Army members, Castor sat at the table scanning the pages of the book that was presented to him. Taking note of the marine’s face and words, “Definitely one of those justice types. I’ll remember his face. Maybe I’ll get to torture him one day.” Castor thought to himself, glancing momentarily in between his examination and the marine’s authority play.

“I don’t know what Branch you cqme from brat but here on Ohara, as long as it has to with anything within in these walls, the only jurisdiction that matters is the Head Liberian and the Ohara Association's own. The chief is a ranked Rear Admiral in the Navy and unlike you… The smell of your mama’s milk doesn’t linger on him or his words.” Legment said annoyed. Reaching to grapple at the man’s collar, Fana interjected between the two. “Ugh. Men. Put your egos aside. Look. Your free to help with the investigation… We have never denied marine assistance. It’s just... the problem is an internal one. The less people that know the better.” Fana elaborated.

Ceasing his read through, Castor shut the book and adjusted his glasses. “If it’s me that’s delaying your divulgence of information, I’ll be glad to leave. I’ve found what I’ve came for… Well. Sort of. This book is a forgery. A pretty good one at that too.” Castor declared, chuckling at the end of his statement as he’d tap his finger on the book's cover. Turning towards Castor astonished by the man’s words, the woman’s usual jovial manner changed to a much more serious one.

“Explain yourself Castor.” Fana stated. “For starters… According to the prologue, this book was published about one hundred years ago… The feel of the pages isn’t akin to that of an older text. It’d say they were printed about three months ago… and possibly soaked in the same chemicals used to preserved older books for authenticity.”Castor explained.“T-that’s impossible!”Fana exclaimed, dashing over to Castor’s position at the table. Snatching the book from the mysterious book nerd, the woman used her trained eye to assess the critique. A dread came over her when some truth to Castor’s word held true.

“Secondly.” Castor declared confidently. “The cover is clamped on unevenly to the pages. The print is fine but design wise, after reading a few lines in the chapter, you begin to notice the inconsistency in the line spacing and paragraphing. It’s just a weird overall positioning considering how thick the cover is.” Castor continued on.“Your right… Even the font size is awkward.” Fana chimed in, her focusing shifting from evaluating Castor’s talents to checking the status of the book.

“Damnit!” Fana screamed in frustration. “This is the third forgery this month!”Fana blurted out. A stern look and frustrated head nod from Legment caused the woman to sink into herself, as she’d just let the metaphorical cat out of the bag. Pausing momentarily, an imitating aura began to ooze from the woman. “Forget what you just heard.” Fana stated intimidatingly.

Gashi Gashi Gashi Gashi

Bursting into laughter with his unique pattern, “How unreasonable. Of course I can’t.” Castor said. “You have a book forger on your hands Miss Fana and if it took little ole' me in less than five minutes is able to assess that book as a dud. Meaning any accreditor will surely be able to in half the time. Your library holds some pretty rare texts that I assume you don’t want floating around everywhere.” Castor concluded.

Word Count: 586 | Tagged: @Issen Hachiyo

Notes:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:36 pm
“Masterful perception,” Issen thought clearly to himself, following the strange man’s analysis of the book. As his words were heard, Issen realized how obvious the forgery truly looked. Like a brilliant lantern, his words shown clearly everything that before was unclear. Even indirectly, his discovery brought out the truth in the librarian.

“Third forgery this month that you know of,” Issen identified. “He just happened to find one, how many more are laying dormant in this library? In this section alone?”

Despite both Legment’s and the librarian’s protestations, it was clear as day as to the problems that were prevalent in Ohara. Even this stranger seemed to be a little too lackadaisical. Laughter certainly wasn’t the reaction Issen was thinking.

“I think the more important thing to consider here is how any forgery of the books would even get created if these books can’t be rented, and if access to them is limited.” Though the official start of his investigation had been blocked, the gears of problem solving and detection were already spinning. “How many people exactly have access to this place,” Issen nodded towards the other guest in the library’s section. “And how many people like him do you let down here to use the books.”

Issen figured the man for possessing a strong eye for books and their condition, but nothing about such a skill made him valuable. Clearly he was a stranger to the situation, yet he’d earned welcome access to a high security location during a time of criminal crisis. He wasn’t likely a culprit, but his opportune timing was a matter of note for sure. There was no intention to antagonize, but Issen’s words had a strange knack for doing just that, unfortunately.
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:24 am

blur_on

Book Nerd's

The marine’s words landed on several sore spots of the associations soldiers, especially their rulings on clearance. Castor couldn’t help agreeing with the Prince, access throughout these levels at least seemed too easy. His remarks shifted to their leniency, especially in regards to allowing people like himself entry into private areas such as this. It’d be at this point that Castor would fall back momentarily and allow the trio to have their social debate.

“As long as a member of the Association is present, even a stranger off the street can have access to our library. Knowledge is meant to be shared not hoarded.” Fana explained.

“Pretty boys like him won't get it Fana. Our books are routinely assessed by some of the best forger investigators in the West Blue.

To make a forgery that can get pass their eyes is virtually impossible. It’s not as simple as implying, ‘Limiting access is the solution.’ If we did that, the forger could just pack up shop and we’d loose several pieces from our catalogue.”
Legment chimed in.

“Each of us have been chosen for our keen sense, that’s what leads us to believe its an inside job. The chemicals, paper and bonding agents needed to create forgeries at this level aren’t common off the shelf items.

The last forgeries were also part of a private collection, so finding one in the public area is a new development.”
Fana stated.

“I guess your senses aren’t keen enough if we’re at forgery number three.” Castor interjected rudely. “Intelligent criminals want you to think your smarter than them. Relinquishing power to appear weaker than you are is a pastime of war. What if, the forgeries in the public section are distractions to throw you off their trail. If I was the forger, as an inside man, it’d do everything in my power to make ya’ll believe that my targets are random.” Castor theorized.

“Just who in the world is this man?”
Legment thought to himself. “Your just a civilian punching above your weight. Maybe I was wrong about you Castor.” Fana responded infuriated.“If my words have offended you, know that wasn’t my intention.” Castor stated, bowing his head in a respectful manner.

“However, I hate people who criticize the short-comings of others but offer no solutions.”
Castor stated, looking in the direction of the marine. “As she said, rentals are no longer a thing… Don’t mean that they didn’t exist before. The number of people who have access to this area is irrelevant if it is indeed an inside job. Instead of playing the blame game…

Maybe you lot should work together, analyze the current forgeries and find some commonality between the hits.”
Castor concluded, rising from behind the desk and walking towards the staircase.

“I’ll be around! Give me a shout when you find the original! I’m staying at a little inn in the town called the Black Cat.”
Castor exclaimed. “Interesting. If I can find this forger before they do… I’ll have the original book all to myself.”Castor thought. With a burst of speed, Fana dashed off ahead of the strange book enthusiast, blocking his exit. “I’m afraid that because of your intel on the current state of events… I can’t just let you leave. Your choice is simple. Help us find the forger or be detained in our custody until-” Fana commanded, until her words had been cut short by the intimidating pressure that oozed from Castor’s person. The Haki made the woman instantly sweat profusely, her knees buckling from the overwhelming aura.

“Eh. You’re going to detain me?” Castor stated smirking. “It’d like to see you try.” Castor declared with the sternest of expressions.

Word Count: 612 | Tagged: @Issen Hachiyo

Notes:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:54 pm
This was it, the breaking point of their little convention. Where before words had been merely charged with insulting tones and brash phrasing, this was the first glimpse of antagonism. Issen had expected the pride of those working with Ohara’s library to cause the most friction, but something about the book enthusiast, Castor, was now grinding any gears of cooperation towards a screeching halt.

“All that interest and all of a sudden you’re willing to remove yourself from the equation?” Issen asked. “You’ve got interest in these books and knowledge of the forgery. Awfully suspicious of you to split all of a sudden.”

More and more, this figure was increasing in suspicion. Issen tried to rack the pace and order of events to decipher exactly what that thread was, but it wasn’t quite coming to him. No conclusion could yet be drawn. However, there was some known unknown in relation to this Castor fellow. He had some sort of agenda that ran close to finding the forger, but not quite parallel to it.

Was he looking to drive out his competition? Was he disappointed at the target of his findings being a fake? Was this a matter of pride, like the librarians? Or, was it some sort of personal grudge born out of a purehearted love for books and knowledge.

Somehow that last hypothesis didn’t seem quite spot on the truth, but failing to find the correct answer wouldn’t halt the marine’s investigation.

“I’m opening an official investigation into the forgeries on Ohara,” Issen declared. “All three of you are special advisors for this operation. You’re all also simultaneously suspects. Your options are to either be detained by the marine ship waiting in Ohara’s docks until I’ve reached a satisfactory conclusion, or you may directly assist in this,” he noticed a nervous look in Redd’s eyes, “discreet investigative pursuit.”

Castor’s powerful aura seemed to be causing the librarian to buckle, but Issen wasn’t so affected. He asked the book enthusiast directly, “What’s it going to be?”
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:21 am

blur_on

A Thief's Motif

The marine’s suspicions about Castor were indeed valid, after all, he was a murderer. However, applying slight intimidation wasn’t enough to rattle the Pirate Captain, if anything the shorty welcomed it. Then the ultimatum was presented before them, join his rag tag investigation squad or be detained in marine custody. In Castor’s mind, the visions of thousands of marine bodies floating in the dockside harbor could be a sight, that he wouldn’t mind transitioning from dreamscape to reality.

Being a much smarter criminal, his sin only permitted him to random acts of violence when enraged, and actually, pretending to be Castor – The Book Collector seemed to bring Nox much more amusement than the latter option. Sighing audibly, “I was hoping to not get involved in this. They are so many books I still want to read. I’ll help out with the investigation. Might be a bit more fun than sitting around in some stuffy jail cell.” Castor declared, repressing his aura and offering a hand of chivalry towards Fana.

Pondering on the current situation a bit longer, Castor lifted Fana off the ground and turned to the marine officer. “If we’re going to get anywhere… We need to know all the details. What are the list of forgeries so far?” Castor inquired. “World History – The Formation of The World Government. Tools of War – Comprehensive Guide to Explosions. The Emperor’s Tally and now, the novel you discovered about the Three-Eye Fable.” Legment explained.

“The Emperor’s Tally? What is that book about?” Castor inquired. “Strange compared to the other three huh? The Emperor’s Tally is a story about a South Blue Prince who was stripped of his power and wealth by a band of travelling Bandits. To survive, he killed one of the Bandits and changed his appearance to impersonate the slain member.

Going from riches to rags, it’s a story set with several twist and turns. Ultimately, the Prince challenges the Bandit Boss to a duel for control of the group.

Once successful, he systematically places the Bandits in scenarios where they are fated to lose.”
Fana stated.

“Chapter Five… In the Three-Eye book, it’s called The Bandit’s Deal. Maybe we can find some clues due to the obvious overlap in themes. In the meantime, this place is surrounded in Den Den Cameras. We should divide into two groups, Research and Investigation. Fana knows these books inside out, and I have the sharpest eye for detail. What do you think, Marine Prince?”
Castor inquired in a jovial manner.  

Word Count: 415  | Tagged: @Issen Hachiyo

Notes:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:25 am
Another sudden change in attitude came from the book enthusiast. Perhaps Castor realized the suspicions his actions may arouse, and doubled back on his decision. It was also possible that his decision was in some part informed by Issen's threat, but the way he so casually exerted his power over the librarian, such a thing seemed unlikely. What before was just careful caution was steadily evolving into growing concern.

What was most important however, was that he seemed onboard with helping the investigation. In truth, coming back to the ship with a new mission while the crew was meant to be spending their time on Ohara on reprieve wouldn't have gone over well with his contemporaries, his subordinates or his superiors.

With Fana and Redd on board for Issen's investigation as well, the marine had retaken some semblance of control back over the crushing of whatever criminal element existed. This would be good for him. "I'm perfectly fine with such an agreement, however, you might be acting a touch inconsiderate towards the woman you just threatened, no? Perhaps a few of my men keeping watch over you both wouldn't be a poor idea."

"Don't speak for me, marine," Fana interjected. "I'm not so helpless as to need more of your type scrounging around this place. I'll be fine."

The marine was disappointed by the librarian's bravery. In truth, a few sets of trustworthy eyes would do him well in maintaining his newfound control. It was a relief to know someone so strong willed would be with Castor, but that wasn't much considering how dominating his presence had been towards her.

"Fine then, Redd, the visual transponder snails then?" Redd Legment seemed like if he had more time, he might conjure up some excuse or series of explanations as to why such a thing was unfeasible. With the marine and civilian jumping into charge, however, his natural authority was lost, even on his own home turf. Redd felt compelled to stand and wordlessly lead the way back up the stairs.

Before departing, Issen paused and fished something out of his coat pocket. Tossing it towards Fana, the least suspicious of the two, the object's nature would become clear. "A baby transponder, it's related closely with my own, so please give us a ring should something happen." He showed a similar device on his own arm, a standard military issue. With that lifeline extended, Issen followed Redd up the stairs and away from the books.
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:38 pm

blur_on

A Thief's Motif

Returning the books to their rightful positions on the shelves, a meek man with not much presence to him worked. He was one of the oldest members of the Ohara Army, and one of the most trust worthy. This man’s name was Regal Cutting, a local journalist who had dedicated his life between working at the library and working at the local newspaper. Without any real motivations of his own to be a novelist or a full-time journalist, he’d found joy in the simplest of actions.

Printing, research, editing and formatting, when it came to the tasks people tend to avoid the most, he’d adore it. However, Regal had a skill that nobody aside from his late wife knew about, and it was the ability to create copies of anything he’d truly understand. Especially, items such as books and small trinkets, as long as he’d understood their inorganic make-up, copying them became easy. Like magic, an almost exact copy would be placed before him, of course, with the right materials.

Suddenly, the man who’d been known for nothing but being average was unique. This ability awakened a desire within Regal to be more than his meek persona. It wasn’t the money he’d started selling the forgeries for but the fame. Whether it came from his business associates or his underworld contacts, the man who worked among timeless relics had the ability to create the perfect knock-offs.

The sound of his Black Baby Den Den Mushi went off, hoisted several hundred meters off the ground, secluded in his usual working space, Regal answered the call.

“Great job on the last work, DiCaprio.” The ominous voice announced.

“T-Thank you sir.” Regal stuttered.

“I take it no problems on your end?” ominous voice inquired.

“No sir. They’ve noticed the forgeries but in terms of my connection… None the wiser. After all, I’m just an old man.”
Regal stated.

“Superb. I have your next mission. At your request, I got you a little more time. Fourteen days this time. The drop off point will be the usual spot. Do you have all the materials you need?” the mysterious man inquired.

“Y-Yes! The newspaper is always fully stocked and the chemicals from the Library I’ve been stealing them readily awaiting your next call.”
Regal declared nervously.

“Vahahaha… Excellent. This next one’s called the Treasure of Alabasta. They’re paying a top dollar for this and any other texts you might have that gives any incite into the countries inner workings.”The man declared.

“Ah. Great taste. I know exactly where that particular book is too.” Regal declared, breathing a sigh of relief.

“Well get to work DiCaprio. Remember… If you run into any complications… Call me immediately. Oh. I also have received news about some marines new to the town. Don’t worry, I have my spies among their ranks. If they interfere, I’ll make sure to handle them.” The man stated, chuckling afterwards.

“A-Appreciate it, Eden. Fourteen days then.” Regal stated before hanging up the phone.

Clutching on tightly to the Baby Den Den Mushi, Fana sat next to Castor as he’d began to read the corresponding chapter in hopes of finding any similarities thematically between the other forgeries. “You don’t have to be nervous around me. I might have startled you with a bit of my hidden nature earlier but it was only to test your will and the will of that marine brat.” Castor stated, the former calmness of his persona’s voice stripping away by the minute.“Who are you really Castor?” Fana inquired, still slightly bewildered.“I’m just a humble book collector.” Castor stated grinning.

Word Count: 600 | Tagged: @Issen Hachiyo

Notes:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:23 pm
“Are you sure it’s alright to play the videos this quickly?”

“As long as I see everything, I remember it, and can think about it later.”

Monitors before Redd Legment and Issen Hachiyo played a dozen or so different vantage points, playing their video feeds at an exceptionally fast pace. For normal human eyes, accumulating any information from such a feed would be impossible, but Issen’s particular cyborg augmentations made it a reasonable feat for his focus.

Whereas Issen’s blinks were planned carefully so as to not miss anything. Redd had been watching Issen watch the monitors for a few minutes. His expression initially was of incredible nervousness, but now his face had relaxed and his body reclined into a deep chair. He was comfortable in the surveillance room, clearly where at least some of his work was being done.

But, Redd wasn’t earning much of any of Issen’s focus. Issen hoped that some more progress was being made on Fana and Castor’s side of the investigation, as the marine’s only lead was a single old man that seemed to fit a few of the qualifications of this forgery business. Creeping towards an hour of work, Issen finally relented, letting out a deep breath, he slapped a button on the monitor system.

“It’s no good. I’ve only got one more suspect.”

“That so? Maybe we should watch them more slowly.”

Issen was insulted at the implication his abilities were sub-par. Going over the footage again in his head, there was detail missed. He recalled everything. Not wanting to possibly lose out to the strange book enthusiast, he elected to phone in his findings, however meager. The marine fished around for his transponder snail.

Redd broke from his comfortable lounging, “What are you doing?”

“Relax, it’s just the snail,” Issen assured him, cocking an eyebrow.

“But… what do you plan to do with it?”

Now Issen’s concern was really piqued by the strange looking man. “The old man, I’m gonna tell them I’ve got my fourth suspect in this investigation. We should at least look into him.”

Redd looked about strangely, tapping his fingers together. The man didn’t offer any sort of verbal response and so Issen pressed the button on the snail.

“Fana, can you-”

“Origami Rod!”

The snail vanished from Issen’s hand. Redd caught the small creature, now hanging at the end of some white fishing pole, seemingly made out of paper or some other thin material.

“That’s too bad you guessed so right.”

“My suspicions are hardly ever wrong.”

“Perhaps after you’re black and red all over… you’ll simply depart here with nothing but your books.”

Issen drew his sword, intent on defeating this strange man and earning back that snail. “Don’t think some party tricks will help you beat an officer of the marines!”

Redd pressed the button on another transponder snail, which began buzzing loudly. A signal transponder snail. Sometimes for morse code, the animal was discreet and could transmit over long distances, but only a simple buzzing sound. Whomever Redd just alerted had also been rope into this mystery.

“Seems I’ve got a time limit too… I’ll have to fight seriously from the get go! Spirit and Iron Overheating with Passion!” [HT Self Stat Morph +75% RX] Steam filled the area surrounding Issen, like a billowing fog, his wide eyes began to strain and hurt. Already the transponder snails had worked him hard, and now he was trying to push that part of him even further than before.

Redd didn’t wait for any sort of turn and swung down with his strange paper construct, sending Issen to one knee with brutal ferocity [UT CRIT against Issen -12 HP]. The marine reacted by swing out his arm in a horizontal slice, drawing a shallow splash of blood. [UT against Redd -3 HP] In anger, Redd swung again with his rod, this time clutching its handle with both fists. The extra moment gave Issen the opportunity to maneuver himself out of its warpath. [LT MISS against Issen]

Surprised at the marine’s speed, Redd changed strategies, ripping paper out of some book he held and folding it with fine, practiced movements. The rod he was holding began to change shape. “Origami Blade - Truthbound!” New weapon in hand, Redd swung the sword down again, Issen expect to cut through the joke of a weapon, but his sword was stopped and pushed backwards, throwing Issen against the hard stone floor. [LT against Issen -12 HP]

“I thought it was just paper…” Issen groaned, picking himself up from the floor.

“Rayaya, you mean you don’t know of Haki? Let me educate you one last time- Ugh!”

“Overwhelming Meteor Missile Striker! [LT against Redd. -6 HP] I’ve learned enough for one day. All I’ve got left to learn who it is who you signaled!”

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Issen Hachiyo on Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord