Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[World Event] A Fool's ErrandToday at 10:27 pmMoreau[Claims] Devil Fruit ClaimsToday at 8:51 pmRagnar[Advertisement] [Advertisement] Fate/Shards: AU Fate/stay night RPWed Mar 13, 2024 6:51 pmGuest[Arc] Dreams of Kings and Castles: Part III- Invocation Under StarlightThu Mar 07, 2024 4:24 amDoji[Episode] The Bloody ChamberMon Mar 04, 2024 5:22 pmNoah[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSun Mar 03, 2024 7:52 pmDoji[Tracker] Molly TohvThu Feb 29, 2024 10:47 pmMolly Tohv[Episode] Mink-staken IdentityWed Feb 28, 2024 8:51 amYumiko[Claims] Face ClaimsTue Feb 27, 2024 11:15 amGray
Go down
Karl Friedrich
Karl Friedrich
[tracker=/t1546-karl-friedrich#8615]
Name : Karl Friedrich
Epithet : Venomous Bartender
Height : 6 feet 1 inch (1.85m)
Weight : 176 lbs (80kg)
Species : Human
Faction : Pirate
Crew : Red Wing Pirates
Ship : Emilia
Crew Role : Bartender
Devil Fruit : Doku Doku no Mi (Venom-Venom Fruit)
Bounty : [ber=r] 10,000,000
Quality Score : B
Balance : [ber] 133,726,643
[[childofdestiny]][[masterchef]]
[[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Episode] Another stop, another bar to tend. Empty [Episode] Another stop, another bar to tend.

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:55 pm
Summary:

It is yet again another warm and sunny day on a tropical island of Baterilla, in Beach Hope town. The coastal Townside beach is filled with people, local port is filled with ships and the town is as lively as ever, full of locals as well as travelers. The tourist attraction business is blooming, that includes all sorts of sightseeings, local stores, dining places and not to mention, bars. Included in this business booming was also the bar that Karl happens to be working.

The bar has quite a decent amount of people. A lot of chattering going on. All kinds of people would be in the present, some who look like common folk, some who look almost like boarderline criminals, and yet, it is somehow quite peaceful there.

Clients are being served by waiters. All sorts of food and drinks are being handed out. Kitchen is busy, and so is Karl, who is one of the two bartenders, being tasked to serve both clients in normal tabels, aswell as clientes by the bar counter. "Oh boy I love those busy workdays!" The old man said out, with extremely bland voice. This voice happened to belong to Karl's Co-bartender with who he worked side by side. Karl looked at him for a moment, with extreme confusion, unsure was it a sarcasm or true enjoyment on his part. He would shrug then and keep silent, moving to fill up another jug of beer for another client by the counter.

"You aren't much of a talker, are ya, new kid?" the co-bartender asked Karl on the same time he was wiping the small spills of drinks from the counter top, doing it quite fast and skillfully, to keep the counter available for new clients if they ever so wish to come there. After Karl had served the beer for another client, he moved to quickly go and grab new freshly washed shot glasses and jugs and move them over to the bar, on the same time, finally answering to co-bartender's question with a low but still a hearable tone through all of this chatter: ""It was somewhat of a confusing topic. Hard to say anything to this."

The co-bartender gave out a hearty chuckle at Karl's statement, with a following answer, "Ya have to forgive me son, I've done this work many years already. Such moments offer ya a chance to meet all sorts of new and interesting people. Just you watch." the co-bartender gave a hearty nudge to Karl and then proceeded with his work. The answer did not mean much to Karl, but it somewhat stuck with him for another good few minutes, thinking about the words while on the same time, he also kept his work going. A reason for that is unknown for him as of yet. Perhaps it was worded somewhat different? Or perhaps, he had heard that somewhere before in his life?

Last edited by Karl Friedrich on Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:32 pm; edited 8 times in total

Volo Rosso
Volo Rosso
[tracker=/t2130-volo-rosso-airheart#12332]
Name : Volo Rosso Airheart
Epithet : Red Wing Volo
Height : 6'0"
Weight : 190
Crew Role : Captain
Devil Fruit : Moku Moku no mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 30,000,000
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [ber] 85,378,125
[[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]][[punchoutguru]]

[Episode] Another stop, another bar to tend. Empty Re: [Episode] Another stop, another bar to tend.

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:10 pm
Emilia's hull creaked as it puttered through the coastal waters of sunny Baterilla, the salty breeze filling the young mans nose. The local port filled with dozens of small fishing boats, causing the unusual vessel to stand out even more than it already tends to do as its engines hummed their way into the docks. The workers stopping and staring as the engines cut off and the fusion of metal and wood slowed to a screeching halt.

Breaking from their disbelief, several dock hands scattered with ropes to tie down the unusual vessel, doing their best to be the first to inspect the strange hull and metal skeleton above it. Volo emerged from the shadows of the ship, making his way down towards the dock masters hut on the nearby dock. Flicking a gold coin to each of the dock hands who had assisted in tying up the ship.

"Ayye pal!" The young pirate shouted out as he got closer, "Do me a favor, huh? Make sure nobody touches nothin on that ship, okay? Got alot of stuff that'll, well, you know.. explode if you don't know what you're doing with it." With a smile and a wave, the pi(lot)rate was already on his way, leaving the poor man without a chance to respond.

"Baterilla, eh?" Volo mused as he rustled a white carton from his jacket pocket, flicking out a cigarette and placing it between his lips. "Not a bad little spot, smells nice and.. now where the hell..." His words slowed to a mutter before stopping completely as he frantically patted down his pockets for something that clearly wasnt there. "Maannnnn...." Tussling his teal hair in frustration he stomped off towards the local tavern, looking for a light and a beer.

293/5,000

Last edited by Volo Rosso on Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Karl Friedrich
Karl Friedrich

[Episode] Another stop, another bar to tend. Empty Re: [Episode] Another stop, another bar to tend.

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:03 pm
"Oi! Ya hear me?! Fetch me a beer will ya!" a sudden shout came out of one of the customers who stood by the counter, aimed at Karl, which made him snap out of his minutes of thoughts he had. "Ya deaf or somethin'?!" an older rough looking man shouted at Karl again, which lead Karl to sigh, moving over to grab a freshly clean glass from the counter and then move over to the beer barrel's faucet and start filling up the glass with beer.

"And fill it up to the brim will ya! Don't want no foam only ya hear me?!" the man shouted again at Karl, to which he this time even responded something with a lower yet hearable tone, "I hear you, mate, stop shouting all the time.. Karl finished filling up the glass with beer, did a hundred and eighty degrees turn and brought the glass back to the counter to pass it over to the customer.

"Ya coming to tell me how to act boy?! I shout if I want and when I want!" shouted the customer with somewhat of angered tone, looking at Karl with also somewhat of angered face expression and reddish face, as if he was both angry but also already a bit drunk. The man grabbed rudely the glass from the counter and took a big sip of beer from it, then shouting out at Karl again, with some beer and saliva spouting out from the mouth, "I can drag ya out and wipe the god damn floor with you right now pal!".

Karl looked at the old rough looking man with a blank face expression, behind the counter, hidden from the sight, he clenched his fists a bit. It was then that the co-bartender stepped in. The shouting had already caught some attention of the other customers inside the bar. "Right right, break it up now. Kid's new here mate, he doesn't seek any fights." the co-bartender went to Karl and began to reason with the customer who was shouting around.

"Yeah yeah, ya got lucky your employer was here, pal." the customer then turned around with the beer glass in his hand and started to stumble back to his table. Karl loosened his clenched fist behind the counter. "Some guys think they can shout everything. Got to keep a cool head with those." The co-bartender said to Karl with a somewhat calming tone. Karl let out a sigh as he then moved over to another set of customers who arrived by the counter to fill their orders. While he did so, with the corner of his eye, he kept his sight at the customer who had just recently been on a shouting streak at him.

Volo Rosso
Volo Rosso

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:33 pm
The floorboards creaked as Volo hopped up from the dirt roads and onto the deck of the tavern, continuing like a melody with every step his large boots made. The smell of vomit lingered in the air as he stepped into the backwater bar and very little could be heard over the rambunctious screaming of the drunken horde. "Ahhhh, now this is my kind of place!" His finger running under his nose as he grinned ear to ear snickering.

Making his way to the bar Volo expertly knife his way through the immediate crowd and came to a clearing in the masses. Thud...crash! The sounds echoed out, silencing the bar as all eyes focused on Volo's six foot frame covered in spilled beer and shards of glass scattered across the floor as a drunkard looked on angrily. "W-hat...?! Wh-..hic.. do you think you are p.. p-punk?!" The man shouted, doing his best to stay upright as he swayed back and forth. "I just..hic.. bought that beer!"

"Ahh man! My bad, let me grab you anot-...!" The pi(lot)rate started to respond before being interrupted by a haymaker to the jaw, sending him tumbling across the bar, crashing into an empty table as the patrons scattered before impact. Shouts rung out from the crowd, mocking Volo and cheering on the aggressor as he stumbled towards the crash site.

"I-I..hic.. said, that w-was my..buuuuuurrrrrrp... beer!" Then man shouted again, "D-do you e-even.. hic.. know who I am..?!! I work for the Moosebella crime family!!" His words having an obvious effect on the locals as the slithered down in their seats and looked away as the thug repeatedly kicked Volo in abdomen before taking a bystanders beer and dumping it on the battered boy. "L-lets...hic..go, this place is a dump...Nothing but trash here." Signaling to a posse of the snickering bystanders as they exited the bar together.

As soon as they left, Volo sprung up much to the suprise of those had started to gather around and check on his well being. "Ahhh man.."He groaned, plucking a cigarette from the carton and flicking it into his mouth. "The hell was that guys problem, huh?" A wide and innocent grin plastered on his face as he stood up and made his way to the bar, taking a seat in front of the younger bartender. "Aye man, you ain't got a light by chance, do ya?"

401/694/5,000

Last edited by Volo Rosso on Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Karl Friedrich
Karl Friedrich

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:25 pm
Karl kept his eye on the loud man he had just a bit ago served, on the same time focusing on serving other people aswell.  The two customers infront of who Karl was ordered two shots of vodka each. Karl moved his hand under the bar counter, grabbing the bottle of vodka that was in reach with one hand, and four shot glasses with other hand, placing them infront of the customers. Holding the vodka bottle with one hand, he would remove the cork with the other hand and then skillfully starting to pour the shot glasses full of vodka. All vodka glasses get filled without spilling a single drop over it.

He had just about closed the bottle again and was about to put it away, but his attention was then drawn away by the ruckus that was happening. He looked at the direction where the ruckus was happening, only to then find that same man who had just yelled at him, and one tall newcomer. He would sigh, shaking his head slowly as it all first started off as a normal shouting, with the new comer being calm. It only took few seconds before it turned into violence.

"Should I.. Go in between them?" Karl leaned a bit towards his co-bartender, asking with a whispering tone.  The co-bartender shook his head softly, "I'm afraid that might bring more trouble for us.. We are still a respected place here." he said with the same lowered tone. After he had said that, Karl could hear loudly the specific name "Moosebella". The whole bar then somewhat more silenced after hearing the name. Clearly this waterhole customers had heard of the name, one of them also being Karl, who is still very new in that place.

After the loud drunk man had left with his company, the co-bartender would look at Karl. "Now you might understand what I mean.", moving then away to tend other customers by the bar counter, but before he does so, he would motion at one of the waiters to go and clean the mess up. Karl would nod slowly and understandingly, moving back to the counter, pulling a towel off from his shoulder and then starts to wipe the bar counter.

After a minute or so, the same tall new comer who was involved in the "beating" was standing infront of him and had asked Karl a question. He would look up at him, sighing softly then. "I don't usually like it when people smoke inside, but no rule says other wise. Besides, you deserve one after that." he said to Volo, moving his hand into his backpocket, taking out a flip lighter from there and reaches it out for Volo to take so he could use it to light up his cigarette. As he awaited for his lighter to be returned by Volo, he would eye him up and down for a moment, not noticing a single bruise on him, which he considered as quite a surprise considering such kicks and punches should surely leave some mark. "Want something to drink, stranger?" he asked, Volo, trying to create some form of conversation as the person infront of him. Knowing Karl, that is actually a rather unusual thing.

Volo Rosso
Volo Rosso

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:08 pm
Sparks danced on the flint as a flame erupted, sizzling the cigarettes paper as Volo nursed the newborn ember, inhaling deeply. The smell of nicotine wafted through the air as a trail of smoke poured off the burning tobacco. He flicked the metal lighter closed, and shot a smile back towards the bartender. "Thanks, mate. Names Volo." A smoke cloud much to large for a normal cigarette billowed as he spoke, causing those nearby to cough. "Uhhhh...Something dark." The air pirate responded, peering over the mans shoulder at the row of beer taps at his back.

Waiting for the beer, Volo attempted to use the tiny bar napkins to dry the beer from his hair and goggles before it turned sticky. "Eghh." Disgusted as he crumbled up napkin after used napkin onto the bars countertop, soon depleting the entire stack. Shaking his head like a dog once he was done, flinging droplets onto the nearby customers, some even landing in their drinks. "Ahhhh much better!" Volo snickered as he strapped his eyewear back onto his forehead.

"So uhh, you know where a guy can find a blacksmith or even just a metal shop? Had abit of a bumpy ride outta Black Drum and my ship could use a few repairs." Volo inquired before feeling a hand on his shoulder.

"Yo man, unless you wanna get your ass kicked again you need to fucking apologize and buy us new drinks!" A young man shouted as he pointed to another person seated at then bar, a young girl with a furious look on her face she puffed her cheeks out and pointed to her martini, now decorated in strands of teal hair.

"Ohhh, uhhh, hehehe...." Volo stammered nervously, "Woops hahaha, guess that's my bad. Aye uhh, bartender, do me a favor and get these guys new drinks on me!."

"Tch.. yea, whatever, I dont need one.." The man snapped, slamming his teal haired beer onto the counter, spilling it onto the mound of napkins. "I'm outta this shithole!" Shouldering Volo as he stomped off towards the door.

"What a dick.." Volo muttered as he turned back towards Karl.

The rest of the bar had returned to normal, their minds long passed the incident with the Moosebella gang. Though, the same could not be said for the other parties involved

"Awww c'mon, Ichigi, let it go!" Ashu pleaded as the pair walked down the now dimly lit street.

"Let it go?!" Shouting as he gripped the other mans lapel, "You wanna tell the boss we let some backwater hick in south blue disrespect his name and we let him go?!" Ichigi screamed in Ashu's face as spit rained down upon the mans skin. "Sure, be my fucking guest! You know what the boss does to cowards, remember Maku?! Course ya don't, no one does, that's the fucking point, capice?!"

"I-I.. got it, y-you're right.. We gotta t-teach that kid a lesson..." Ashu responded meekly, prompting Ichigi to gently place him back on the ground, patting the mans coat free of wrinkles after doing so.

"There we go, now then, let's go have a drink before we whack this guy. What do ya say?"

530/1,224/5,000

Last edited by Volo Rosso on Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Karl Friedrich
Karl Friedrich

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:17 am
After having handed his lighter to Volo, which he used to light up the cigarette, he got the desired order from him, which lead Karl to turn around and move over to where the beer glasses are aswell as the barrels with beer. Having heard Volo's request for something dark, Karl looked at the beer barrels. The dark beer aint that big of an order due to it's specific taste, so there was only one barrel of it. He moved the glass under the faucet and began to have the dark fizzy beer flow into the glass.

While he did so, it had appeared that Volo had managed to cause some trouble again, this time with his hair, which had caused another bad air around the bar counter. Karl couldn't help but let out a sigh as it was happening. On the same time though, the co-bartender stepped in and looked at the clients, "Hey knock it off. No fights by the counter, this here a sacrate place of the bar." It seems like this was enough to have the man who seeked some 'trouble' to leave, leaving Volo alone again, negating his order he had given out to the bar.

Karl would finally turn around, moving over to serve the beer glass to Volo. The glass contained dark fizzy beer, topped off with whiteish yellowish foam. When he was serving him, he would hear Volo's mutter about the specific client that was just by the counter. "Not paying attention on them too much, that's an art on it's own." he replied to Volo, which earned Karl an approving nod and a smile from the co-bartender who now was around the rest of the counter, cleaning up some of the mess Volo had caused.

After about half a minute had passed, Karl remembered he had handed his lighter to Volo to light up the cigarette. Being he considered the lighter as his lucky charm, he reached his hand out a bit to Volo, "If you don't mind, mate, I'd take my lighter back please." he said to him with calm and not demanding tone. It was clear the lighter was important to him and getting it back from Volo was his main goal at the moment.

Volo Rosso
Volo Rosso

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:51 pm
Volo nodded with a smile as he snagged the glass from Karl's hand, immediately chugging the entire glass of motor oil like liquid. "Ahhhh!" Slamming the glass down onto the counter belching as he did so. "Oh right, lighter.....lighter.....lighter...." Mumbling as he frantically patted himself down before investigating the immediate area, tumbling the mountain of napkins onto the floor as his eyes darted all around.

"Sooooo.... yeah...hehehe.." Volo muttered nervously as he tussled his real hair, "about that whole lighter thing.... yeah, I don't have it...." Tapping the table rapidly, "Hey, can I get another one of these..?" Refering to the beer.

"E-excuse me sir...." A meek voice called out from behind him, Volo spinning around on the stool to respond. "I th-think this is yours..." meekly pushing a leather wallet with the mans picture sewn onto into his chest.

"Huh..? Where did you...?" Volo stuttered confused.

"Th...that man dropped it on his way out..!"

"Man...? Wait, that guy?!" Remembering the man who had bumped him about the drink just alittle while ago. "Hey! He took all my money too!!"

Elsewhere

"Shishishi..." Muso chuckled to himself as his geta cracked with every step, "Outta towners like him make the perfect scores..." Counting the beli he had lifted from Volo's wallet as he made.his way towards the safehouse in town.

219/1,443/5,000

Last edited by Volo Rosso on Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Karl Friedrich
Karl Friedrich

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:22 am
Karl reached his hand towards the beer glass, sliding it away from Volo, but not going to move it for a refill. Instead, it seems like he is moving it away simply. "Sorry mate. I will unfortunately need to cut you off, atleast until you find my lighter." he looked at Volo with a fairly serious face expression. It was obvious he was serious about this whole ordeal about the lighter. For Karl, it wasn't just a simple lighter. For him, it had its own meaning.

"I don't like it when my things are borrowed and lost." he said to Volo. He was about to mention something else when a man walked behind Volo to say something to him. Karl saw him holding up a leather wallet, which belonged to Volo. Seconds after it was returned to Volo, he heard that all the money had been taken from inside the wallet. A theft had happened in the bar. For such a watering hole, it was nothing too new, but it was still an unpleasent sight.

Karl shook his head, letting out a sigh. "Where did you have your wallet? In your pocket?" he turned his head to Volo again, looking at him as he asked the question from him. He had asked that for a reason. Maybe the pocket that had Volo's wallet also was where Volo had put the lighter, and maybe it was with the man who had stolen the money. Karl clenched his fists a bit, clearly finding the situation very troublesome for his own taste. For now, he was waiting for to see what Volo plans to do. Will he plan on going to get the money that was stolen from him? And perhaps also the lighter that was taken.

Volo Rosso
Volo Rosso

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:37 pm
Volo stared blankly at Karl for a moment, attempting to register the words he had just heard, "cut....off...?" Volo muttered to himself as he blinked rapidly, still staring blankly back at Karl. With a sigh, the young pi(lot)rate hung his head and apologized to the barkeep, having realized the lighter meant abit more than just a normal object. "Ahh my bad, man." Volo said as he hopped over the counter, grabbing his glass and placing it under the tap. "After this beer, I promise I'll head and look for the guy!" He nodded as he spoke, giving a reassuring smile to Karl as he continued to fill up his own beer.

Catching the attention of the second barkeep, the voice called out behind the young man, "Oi! You cant be back here! Karl!" The man shouted as he quickly closed in on Volo.

"Uh-oh!" Volo shouted with a smile as the second bartender shot out his hand in an attempt to grip the pi(lot)rate by the shoulder, only to end up with a handful of smoke. Prompting the young man to transport himself back the otherside of the bar almost instantaneously via a smoke cloud. "Sorry about that!" He snickered as he reformed on top of the stool he had originally sat upon, "I just cant have ya cutting me off after just one drink, wahoohahahaha!"

Volo guzzled down the black liquid, leaving a foam mustache above his lip once he was done. "Ahhhhhh! That's the stuff!" Whiping the excess from his mouth, he turned back towards Karl, "So whaddya say, pal, wanna go find this fella? Hes got my money and your lighter, seems like we both got a bone to pick."

283/1,726/5,000

Last edited by Volo Rosso on Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Karl Friedrich
Karl Friedrich

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:48 pm
"What the heck do you think you are doing?" Karl asked that as he looked at Volo climbing over the bar counter and heading for the beer glass. From his tone, it was clear that he was surprised. He has never seen nor even expected anyone to do what Volo had just done. His moment of surprise was broken the moment his Co-Bartender had shouted and called out his own name. He was about to approach Volo himself but the old fart of a bartender he was working with was faster in this matter.

That same 'surprised' moment returned to Karl right at the moment Volo was grabbed. At first, he thought his eyes were deceiving him. He saw Volo turn into the smoke right at the place where he was grabbed. But that was not the end. He looked at Volo as he turned into a cloud of smoke and transported himself back to the front of the bar counter. For a good couple of seconds, his mind tried to comprehend what he had just seen happen. It felt strange as if he had seen something similar in his life.

It was then at this moment when he moved his hand, to cover his face with his palm. Even if he had not said anything out loud, he felt quite stupid. He himself is the guy from who he had seen something similar happen, but never like it was with Volo. He couldn't turn into the smoke as Volo did, nor could he travel like that instantly. He snapped out of this moment of surprise and self-thought and looked at Volo. "You should respect the bartender's word and their workplace. Was very unkind of you."

He shook his head slowly, clearly not having enjoyed the whole ordeal, but it was clear that he was ready to overlook it the moment he had heard Volos offer about going to retrieve items that belong to them. "Honestly, it should be you who goes to fetch them alone.." he sighed softly after having said that, realizing that he might not see his lighter anymore if Volo went alone. He didn't know the guy enough to trust him to do it alone. "Very well. I shall help you out. But when we get our things, you shall pay up for the drinks."

"You better return fast, and with my money. We are already way understaffed. And if he won't return, this will go off from your pay!" the co-bartender looked at Volo and Karl with a stern facial expression. Reluctantly, permission to leave was given to Karl. He nodded his head in gratitude and removed his towel from his shoulder, placing it on top of the bar counter. With a hand gesture, he motioned to Volo then to be on his way with him, beginning to move towards the exit of the bar.

Volo Rosso
Volo Rosso

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:58 pm
Volo sighed as he listened to Karl nag and complain, "Aww c'mon, dont be like that, Karl." He said with a familiarity people generally reserve for those they have known for more than ten minutes. His bright green eyes radiating innocents as they stared into Karl's, all the while using his powers to lengthen his arms and reach the tap once more. "You know me, I respect you tons, its just I only had one beer and ya cut me off, cant have that now, can we? Wahahaha!" He laughed as he refilled his own beer and quickly returned back to his normal form. Glug..glug...glug.. "Ahhhhh!!!!! Alright Karl! Let's roll!" Volo shouted as he dramatically spun out of his seat and made his way towards the door, his scarf trailing behind him.

Just as he hit the doorway, Volo froze and patted down his pockets once more, removing a lighter from his goggle band. "Oh shit..." Turning back towards Karl he waved it in the air, "Check it out man, I found my lighter! Isnt that awesome!?" Pulling out a cigarette he lit up smiled at his new pal Karl, excited for the adventure to come.

Elsewhere

"Jackpot!" A women shouted as the slot machine vomited coins info her lap, triple sevens reading across the screen as the lights flashed. Her newfound fortune catching the eye of the players around her as they played their own machines in hopes of earning their own gamblers dream.

"Muso!" A rather large, suited man shouted, breaking the attention of a thin man in gets.

"A-ah! I'm coming!" The weasel scurried through the casinos crowd as he approached a door marked "authorized personnel only", with three large men stationed outside. "Y-yes, m-Mr. Sakura..?"

"The boss will see you now." The largest of the three men responded as he ducked through the doorway and disappeared into the shadows. Pausing for a moment, Muso was unsure as to follow or not, though the longer he lingered the more.furrowed the brows of the guards got.

"Ehhh..!" Muso squeaked as he scurried through the door and into a dimly lit room, his hair raised on the back of his neck and with every step his body screamed to turn around. "Y-you...w-wanted t-t-to see m-me....?" Muso stammered nervously as he approached a desk, his eyes drifting towards the giant moose head decorating the wall behind it.

"Come, sit." A voice called out from chair seated behind the desk.

409/2,135/5,000

Last edited by Volo Rosso on Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Karl Friedrich
Karl Friedrich

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:39 am
"Of course I can cut you off. You don't have a wallet. Highly likely don't have enough to pay either then. It's only a business mate." he responded to Volo while they walked out from the bar. He looked around the open street, moving his left hand to stroke his chin while in thoughts. "Where should we even start the search?" he asked lowly but hearable from himself.

His thoughts were scattered again the moment he heard Volo mention the lighter. He had hoped that it was the lighter of his own. Oh boy was he wrong. That slight excitement level dropped immediately as he heard that it was Volo's own lighter. His facial expression becoming full of disappointment. He shook his head and looked back at the street. "You know my name already, would be nice to know yours too, then." he asked Volo while he looked around, trying to find any kind of hint about the person... Until it snapped in his mind.

"Moosebella.." he said with a lower yet hearable tone. His left hand moved into his left vest pocket, taking out a small notebook from there. He began to search the notebook, flipping the pages now in silence. "That name was mentioned just some moments ago, how could I forget that hint so fast."

He motioned towards Volo to step closer. He had finally found something from his notebook. "When I arrived on the island, I had a small encounter with some Marines on the payroll of some organization that contained the name of Moosebella.." he explained to Volo with the same lowered tone on why he found the need to show the notebook. He then pointed with his finger at three separate lines of text. They seemed to be the locations. "I took it upon myself to learn something about them while also collecting money to keep on traveling. Anyway, a story for another time. Look." he snapped out from the storytime mode to focus on the matter at hand once more.

"I have heard of rumors of three businesses being run by an organization bearing that same name in it. he then moved his hand at the very first of the location names, "'All you can Get Groceries', apparently a grocery store on the west part of the city.", sliding the finger down to the second name, "A casino which name I don't know in the east." and lastly, the finger slid down to the third name, "'Knowledge Bookstore' which apparently is a bookstore, as the name suggests located in town center.".

He shut the notebook and placed it back in his vest pocket for its safekeeping. Looking at Volo, "They all seem fishy if it's a criminal organization, they are all a front for something shadier. But back to the matter at hand. Where do you think we should begin our search?"

Volo Rosso
Volo Rosso

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:37 pm
"Karl, c'mon, good friends like us? Who needs monetary things like money, am I right? Wahahaha" Volo bellowed out laughing, smoke clouds forming with every breath.

His laughter cut off by Karl's nagging tone, "Oh, well, yeah I guess you got a point, my names-.." Cut off again by his newfound comrade, who abruptly mentioned the name 'Moosebella'. "No...? its Volo, if you'd let me finish, you would know that." Volo huffed as he lit another cigarette with his lighter, the one he owns, not Karl's.

Noticing the little black book Karl flipped through. "You write down cocktail recipes in there or something?" He quipped sarcastically, peering over his friends shoulder to see what he was muttering about.

After listening to the explanation, Volo gave his partner a reckless smile and started off towards the direction of the grocery store Karl had mentioned. "Might as well check em all while we are at it, ya know?!" He snickered.

All you Can get Grocerie

"You got any fives?" A guard mumbled to another, "Nah, go fish." His partner said in response as they sat at a table playing cards inside of the enterance to the grocer. "Hey, you think we ever get the chance to show the boss what we are made of...?" The first spoke up once more. "I dont know man, I just wanna get paid and go home, it's your go" The later said in response. A few moments went by before the first spoke again, "Yeah, but like, this place ain't had a fuckin customer in months, it's all just a money front.... I just... I got more to offer than this, ya know?! I can really be somebody if I just got the chance, ya feel me..?" Pausing for a response before speaking once again, "ya know..?"

"Man will you leave that shit alone and just draw a fuckin car-...! [/b]BOOM![/b] The explosion rupturing the wall, blasting the pair backwards and burying them under debris.

"Wahhooooo hahahahah!" The laughter bellowed out from the smoke cloud as a figure emerged, removing his goggles, "Never fear, Volo is here!" He shouted out, noticing the two men buried and injured under the rocks.

From the burning rubble that was once All you can Get Groceries, Volo emerged with the two men over his shoulders and surrounded by smoke, ghost before reforming into his human shape, glancing over at Karl who had tagged along behind him. "Oh hey Karl, so I checked it out, I don't think they are here. But, while I was in there did save these two guys that got stuck somehow. But we should probably head over to that bookstore and check that out."

457/2,592/5,000

Last edited by Volo Rosso on Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:36 am; edited 3 times in total
Karl Friedrich
Karl Friedrich

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:53 pm
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" Karl shouted out at Volo who had just gotten out from the burning building. He looks up at the building which was burned, which shortly after spread over to the buildings next to it. "WHY WOULD YOU SET THE DAMNED BUILDING ON FIRE?!" he asked with another shouting tone to Volo. This time it really seemed to be a nagging that Karl was doing, but it was a valid one at that. Not only did Volo possibly do some senseless killing, he probably caught some innocent people in the process.

While Karl kept arguing with Volo on the spot, a crowd began to gather around them. Some men even began to run towards the burning buildings, trying to open the door and possibly enter to go and save who they can. Karl felt the guild flowing in him. He felt he had to do something. He was just about to rush for the house himself until he heard an elderly woman shout out. "I..Itsh thos twa!", while her finger was pointing at where Volo and Karl stood. Out of this entire crowd, both Karl and Volo seemed to be the most suspicious duo... Not to mention they stood right in front of the 'All you Can get Groceries' store, making them seem like the prime suspects... Which they were.

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE YOU TWO!" another shout was sent at the two. This time it wasn't from the old lady. Instead, it was a group of marines. They had their sight set at Volo and Karl, and they began running towards them. "But I didn't do a thing!" but Karl's plea of innocence was not taken into an account. The marines drew their sword and swung them at Karl and Volo. Karl dodged the attacks. "Son of a.." he mumbled while dodging the attacks, proceeding then to take off from the scene of action, motioning to Volo to do the same then.

He began to run, using his long posture and long legs to try and get away from the marines, using the alleyways of the town as his advantage to shake them off. He knew his next destination, which highly likely, was also Volo's destination... The book store from his list. To get there, Karl had to be careful, using dense crowds and alleyways, to go as unnoticed, as possible. Who knows where he could meet more marines who had personal description handed to them through the Den Den Mushi.

(Word count of post = 417)
(Total word count of thread = 3530)

Volo Rosso
Volo Rosso

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:55 pm
Volo stared blankly back at Karl, the bartender barking angrily at him for rushing head or something like that, most of it went in one ear and out of the other. "I think we got the wrong place, your lighter wasn't inside." Diregarding the early part of what Karl said, "Oh yeah, look at that, it did catch fire."

His attention being brought back by the elderly woman and the marines, "Hey, you think they will help find the lighter? I mean, I was robbed after all." Posing the question to Karl, turning to see he had already taken off running as a blade passed right through Volo's smokey composition. "Uhoh! Wahoo-hahahaha!" He shouted, taking to the skies as smoke billowed out from his lower body, twisting and turning as he ascended, leaving graceful trails of gray and white in his wake.

"Karl!??!" Volo shouted as he raced through the sky above the streets, "Karl!!! Karl where are you!!" The pi(lot)rate shouted, his voice and smoke trails drawing every marine to his every changing location as he continued to shout his new friends name. "Hmm" His thoughts moved as fast as he did, realizing the best place to look would most likely be one if the places on the list.

Hanging a hard right, Volo jetted off towards the center of town where the bookstore was located. Unknowingly bringing the entire marine brigade with him.

235/2,827/5,000

Last edited by Volo Rosso on Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Karl Friedrich
Karl Friedrich

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:07 pm
"Lost... Them.." he mumbled in between huffing for air. He leaned against a wall in an alleyway on the street corner, looking up at the street sign which was on the building. He let out a sigh of relief. He had successfully made it to the right street, and it only took him one try to do so. After a few seconds of catching his breath, he took a peek around the corner, with an intention to check if any of the marines were around.

Once he had confirmed that the air was clear of the immediate threat, he took a step out from the alleyway, straightened himself up, and began to move towards the bookstore. Upon entering the building, he was greeted by a rather large looking man with a very serious facial expression by the counter. Upon closer inspection, as Karl took a small stroll around the store, there was not a single soul in sight. It was just him, and the store clerk.

While he was out of sight of the store clerk, he took a quick glance at his notebook. Besides the locations having been described there, there was also something else written in it. He nods slowly to himself and began to move over to the store clerk after he had put the notebook back into his pocket.

He stood there, looking up at the relatively tall man, he said with a blank facial expression, being fairly sure in his information, "Leather covers over paper covers.". It was the codeword Karl had written up in his notebook from the "accidental" eavesdropping while on duty. After this, a silence occurred, and not a short one at that.

"You are not a regular here." The clerk broke the long silence. It seems like this confirmed that the codeword was correct. He shook his head at the clerk, "No I am not. I was told you can get.. Substances that normal pharmacy doesn't sell.". Everything seemed to quite well... Too well in fact...

"That was the code two weeks ago..." Karl was revealed, a painful truth, at a gunpoint now, which was grabbed swiftly from under the counter. He slowly raised his hands up as he was aimed at with the gun, a sign of surrender. "If you had gotten the code from actual sources, you would also know that the code changes every week.". The clerk grinned. It seems like he is about to have another fun time, creating holes in another misinformed fool.

(Word count: 417)
(Total word count of the thread: 3947)

Volo Rosso
Volo Rosso

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:51 pm
*Ding a ling* The door chimed as the tall youth popped his head into the bookstore, "kaaaaarrrllll?" Volo questioned, stepping into the establishment only to witness the bartender now held at gunpoint by the counter clerk. "Well shi-..!" Cut off by the sound of gunfire, the clerk having unloaded three shots into the pi(lot)rates face. The bullets ripping through his etheral body and shattering the glass in the door behind him. The lit cigarette that dangled from his mouth fell to the floor as the top half of Volo's face had been reduced to a misshapen smoke cloud.

"Ffffffuuuuuuccckkkkk...!" Volo exclaimed with a sigh of relief as his face reformed, "Holy shit man, I just saw my fucking life flash before m-...!"*Bang Bang Bang The final three shots from the revolver type weapon pierced the mans chest, all three grouped dangerously close to the heart. Though, once more the bullets ripped through the young mans smokey body.

"Wh....what the fuck are you?!" The clerk shouted, his gun hand shaking furiously as beads of sweat ran down his oily face. "What the fuck are you?!?!" Tossing the gun as hard as he could before taking off into the back of the bookstore. Leaving Volo frantically patting his chest just to be sure the fruit did its job. The problems with being a flesh logia, right? Can take abit to get over that natural fear.

"Hey, Karl." Giving a relieved smile to his newfound friend, "Find anything interesting?" Walking towards the door the clerk had slipped through, "Oh, well would you look at that." He said waving Karl over to point out the escape hatch to the underground tunnel the clerk had slipped into. "Wonder where it goes..." Volo mumbled as he peered into the darkness.

Sniff sniff Volos nose twitched as he looked over to Karl, "is something... burning?" Leaning around the door frame to see the books in the front catching flame one by one, erupting into a wild blaze. "Ahhh fuck."

Just then, the sound of shouting came from outside the building, "We know who you are and we have you surrounded. I repeat, come out with your hands up!"

"SighDouble fuck."

364/3,191/5,000

Last edited by Volo Rosso on Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Karl Friedrich
Karl Friedrich

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:28 am
Would let out a sigh of relief. Although it ain't his first time he has been at the gunpoint, it sure was the first time though, when he had no plan B to save himself. Thankfully, Volo had arrived at the right time to save him by his seemingly masterful distraction techniques. "Well.. It seems like it is the front of an illegal pharmacy here." he responded to Volo's question about if he had found something after the front desk man had made his escape through the hatch that Volo mentioned.

He was about to move towards the back door to open it and do some more research about the bookstore they were in until his plan got ruined once more. His attention was caught by Volo's remark about something burning. "What?" he looked at Volo as he asked that, ending up sniffing the air around him. It was then when he also felt that something is burning. "What did you do?" the question was thrown in the air, only to be then somewhat answered. The books were catching fire from an unknown source. What could have caused such a thing?

"Is there any place where mayhem won't follow you?!" he began to look around a place of exit to leave the bookstore. The front exit was covered in flames, leaving no place to use to exit. The backroom also lacked any form of the exit door. It seemed that goods were delivered through the front door with the utmost discretion.

His search for an exit was interrupted by a shout coming from outside. It seems that while Karl was working hard to shake off the marines chasing him, Volo had done the complete opposite. He had dragged the marines and possibly all of their allies to the now burning bookstore location. "Case in point..." he mumbled at his own remark about Volo having mayhem following him.

He closed his eyes to breathe slowly, in, and then out. Losing himself now, in this case, won't achieve them anything but more trouble. An angry mind is a narrow mind, something Karl has learned from his actions in the past, and still fails to sometimes remember in very key situations. His sight shifted towards the hatch which was used by the store clerk to make his grand escape. That's it! Their way out!

The hatchet was opened and they were introduced to a wide enough hole to climb down into a tunnel, which leads out somewhere. He left the hatchet open for Volo to follow him, beginning then to run towards the unknowingness.

(Word count: 431)
((Total word count of the thread: 4378)

Volo Rosso
Volo Rosso

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:27 pm
Once more, Volo turned back to realize his newfound friend had been one step ahead of him when it came to running. Karl seemed to have a nose for when to fold his cards and cut his losses, a quality Volo tended to lack. “Hey, Karl, wait up!” But thankfully this wasn’t one of those times as he took off after his friend, billowing through the air as his legs became a smoke stream. “Heads up! He shouted, scooping up Karl as he flew by, “Need a lift? Wahooo hahahahaha!”

The pair raced down the tunnel, quickly gaining on the store clerk who had fled on foot ahead of them. “Wahh!” He grunted, diving to the ground to avoid being close lined by Volo and Karl as the came up behind him, “Hey watch it, ya freaks!- uhh Ah!!” Shaking his fist in anger at the pair, that is until he noticed the sticks of dynamite Volo left behind for him floating in the air.

The explosion resulting in the collapse of the tunnel behind them, which inadvertently caused a sinkhole in the town above ground, collapsing part of the main roadway and the surrounding buildings. The faulty planning in the original placement of the tunnel playing a major role in why it happened, however the terrorist who bombed the bookstore strikes again in the eyes of the public. Having been located directly underneath the major business in town, each one using a subterranean access to pay dues to the moose. With Volo unknowingly dropping the dynamite having been dropped at the center meeting point of all the tunnels.
The citizens hustled to one another’s aide, scrambling with med kits and makeshift ladders to reach the bottom of the hole. Prompting the encroaching marines to stop and render help of their own, further stalling their chase of the Air Pirate captain and Karl.

Reaching the safety at the end of the tunnel, the pair returned to the surface and exited a tool shed across from the casino. From there, the disaster that was Volo was in full view as large portion of the towns market now laid at the bottom of the crater that was the tunnel.

“Oi!” One of the civilians shouted, “ain’t that them bomber boys you lookin for..!!” Pointing at the pair exiting the tool shed. The marines breaking their necks to catch site, “Its them! Get em!” A marine confirmed the local man’s initial statement, the marines dropping their current objective to continue the chase. Ding their best to hastily exit the sinkhole without tumbling back down.

“We should probably get inside, yeah..? hehe..” For once, Volo would get the drop on Karl, having taken several steps back, doing his best to slip off towards the casino before someone noticed his presence. “C’mon Karl!” Billowing off towards the Casino, blasting through the doors, drawing the looks off confused old people at penny slots.

Once Karl made it inside, “You uhh, think we got the wrong place…?”

500/3,691/5,000

Last edited by Volo Rosso on Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Karl Friedrich
Karl Friedrich

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:33 am
"Wait, what are you...- Aah!" he got swooped up by Volo and now was carried by him. He let out a heavy sigh only to then accept the fact, that Volo is now his "taxi carriage".  The race was now on at full speed. Gaining up to the store clerk at what seemed to be an incredible speed, given the tight tunnel location they were at.

When Volo flew past the clerk, he couldn't help but question why Volo hadn't stopped? Why did he keep on going? "Hey we are supposed to capture him you kno...- No no no no no no!" his questioning manner immediately turned into somewhat of frantic panic as he had realized what the situation is now. Volo had done it again. He had thrown another dynamite. This time, however, it set them also in quite a dangerous situation. The duo was racing away from the explosion that caused quite collateral damage to the ground above, its people, and its buildings. All of it was looking to crash on top of them.

Was it through luck, or pure skill and calculation, the duo had managed to make it into safety. "Have you ever not blown something up?! he asked as he was patting his clothes clean from the dust and straightened them up. Where they stood now, he could see the Casino. Surprisingly, they had made it to their last destination on the list. Besides the casino, he could also see all the damage that had been done, not being able to help but feel quite some guilt. Even if he didn't cause all of that damage, he was with the person who had done it, and what's worse? By each passing moment, he seemed more and more like the accomplish to Volo and his crimes.

His look at all the damage was disturbed by the shout of people. Seems like they had been found once more. After a while, he agreed with Volo. They had to keep running. He followed Volo to the Casino, entering through the door that he had busted through, closing it after him, or whatever of it was left at that point. He looked around, being met by the eyes of many old people. "Not like the Casino I had imagined, with a lot of glamour and what not.. But the machines and tables are there.".

Despite being the current "attraction" to look at by all the bystanders, he looked around him, trying to locate doors that could lead to back rooms. There simply was no way the usual owners of this institution would just hang around by the common clientele. "We don't have much time. We have to find the man fast and get out of this place." he looked at Volo with a serious facial expression. He was not joking nor was he keen on being captured by the marines. Even if he had not done anything wrong, they won't believe a word he says, especially not after such terrorist-like actions.

(Word count: 502)
(Total word count of the thread: 4880)

Volo Rosso
Volo Rosso

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:17 pm
The youthful pair stuck out like a sore thumb in this gambling den for senior citizens. Was this really a mafia front, a hideout for the Moosebella crime family? The answer to that question was yes. It was. “It’s them!” An old man shouted as he pulled himself up with his cane, “Get em!” Spit flying out as his false teeth seemed to bounce around with each word. Suddenly, the droves of old people jumped up ready for battle, brandishing cane swords and weaponized wheelchairs.

“My my my, what do we have here? You must be the young whippersnapper’s they warned us about.” A granny snickered as she mounted a Gatling gun onto her walker. “We are an Elite Assassination unit of the Moosebella crime family, the C.O.L.D. (Crotchety Old League of Death) and you happen to be interrupting our vacation...” The metal clanked as a belt of ammo was loaded into it, “Any last words, dearies?”

“Uhhh.... Karl...” Volo stammered nervously as he fumbled backwards, hoping to find the door they came through. Preferring the hordes of marines to weaponized nursing home candidates.

“Lock it down! They are trying to escape!!” Pulling the lever on a nearby slot machine, air tight metal shutters dropped down from the ceilings, sealing off the exits even for a smoke man like Volo.

“Well shit...Looks like we ain’t got any other choice then, eh pal..?” Slipping a stick of dynamite into each of his fists, the pi(lot)rate detonated himself into smoke, filling the room up a with a dark gray cloud and an intense smell of nicotine. “Always did trouble with respecting my elders..hehe” Lighting a cigarette with his lighter before cracking his neck in anticipation.

“Kill them!!” The women with the Gatling gun shouted as she began to spray bullets indiscriminately into the dark gray cloud. The bullets ripping through the dense air like butter, only for the holes to fill back up soon after they were made. Like ninjas, the cane sword wielding warriors descended into the hazy shadows. Their vision robbed from glaucoma already, the smoke did little to dim their abilities to function. Like a true ambush predator, they waited silently for their moment to strike.

“Wahoooooo Wahahaha!” Volo’s voice echoed through the room as the smoke cloud began to swirl as he reformed in the air at the center of the room, his fist cocked back with a bundle of dynamite clenched in it. “Ruuude Ram BOMBER!” He shouted as he launched a smoke powered fist at the floor, creating a wooden shrapnel explosion that decimated the casino floor room, launching slot machines in every direction and clearing away the smoke. Causing confusion for friend and foe alike.

Snickering as he reformed his right arm, Volo failed to notice the three cane sword fighters surrounding him as they appeared in the air around him. Their blades sliced through his ethereal body like ribbons, streams of gray smoke carrying with the blades as they continued their strokes. Shocking the blind swordsmen, realizing they had cut nothing when there should have been something.

Outside the Casino | Marines

“Sir!” A marine officer shouted as he flashed a pair of bounty posters before the captain, “I have the documents you requested. Sir.”

“Ah, mmm, yes.. good, very good.” An elderly marine mumbled as he stroked his pointed beard. “These are the two then, is it? Mmm, yes....good...mm..very good...hmm..” Mumbling to himself once more, “Karl Friedrich, hmm... 7,737500 beli....hmm... wanted for attempted murder of a marine Lieutenant, ehh...? Hmm, which one was it...?”

“Lieutenant Fredrick Bacon, Sir.”

“Ahh.. Yes, yes, mmm.... Bacon... was that the young fellow with the intense look..?”

“No, Sir. That is Rear Admiral Charlemagne, Sir.” The marine responded. “Lieutenant Bacon had the large hammer, Sir.”

“Ahh...mmm yes, quite right... my mind isn’t what is used to be these days. Hohohohoho...” Captain Marion bellowed out before refocusing his attention back to the posters. “Then there’s this boy... hmmm... yes, Volo Rosso.... Airheart....? Hmmm....Yes... yes, If I do recall, there was a young lad on his crew with the same name... Interesting... Very interesting...” Stroking his long white beard with a smile on his face, his eyes directed at the bounty now, “Hohoho, 16,700,000 beli, eh? These two are just little frogs, aren’t they.. hmm... shame to stamp out such young flame just yet, don’t you think..? Hohohoho.”

728/4,419/5,000

Last edited by Volo Rosso on Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Karl Friedrich
Karl Friedrich

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:07 pm
"Cold?" he asked lowly from himself almost immediately the nice elders had introduced themselves. A soft shiver went through his spine when he had heard the cling from the machine guns, indicating the loading of them. "Oh so that's what they mean by cold..." It obviously was not what they had meant with that nickname. He looked at Volo when his name was mentioned, only to then be separated from him by the barrage of bullets that were shooting down on them now.

With an aim to save his own rear, he immediately stumbled away from Volo, who had flown away himself. This entire situation gave Volo such a huge advantage compared to Karl himself. Right now the best he could do was to find cover behind nearby pillars and slot machines, be in constant movement to avoid getting hit by the countless bullets that flew around in this small casino.

"Come on grannies! We can..." he was interrupted when a bullet flew just past his face, missing it by few mere inches. This leads him to lower his head as low as he could. Plan! Yes! He needs a plan! When in the face of danger, Karl does not hesitate to do what he needs to come on top of things... But this was a weird dilemma. How can he go and hurt those elderly ladies?! Even though they are extremely deadly...

In this dire situation and action-packed fast situation, he had resulted to try and think of the dilemma... And what best way to do so other than flipping a cigarette between his lips and have a swift smoke... IF ONLY HE COULD DO THAT! DAMNED VOLO! No time to think now. Even if he was covered from the bullets, that did not stop for another unit to leap over the slot machines. This Cold unit was different... Elderly, with dark glasses covering their eyes, swung their blades at Karl... Truly a way to put him in front of another dilemma... THESE ONES WERE OLD AND BLIND!

He couldn't help but get away from the incoming blade swings, doing his best to keep dodging them, but while doing so, his shirt and vest suffered minor cuts on them... Lucky enough, no skin contact. It was time to make up his mind. After his final leap, the feet began to leave droplets of purple oozing poison trail, which eventually began to spread, creating a pool of it. This was used to stop the assailants from approaching Karl, if only they had followed it. Karl also used this to his advantage, using the poison to almost ice skate on it, increasing his mobility and speed. BRING IT ON YOU ELDERLY COLD HEART KILLERS!

Words: 453
Total: 5333

Volo Rosso
Volo Rosso

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:01 pm
“Tch!” The would be Alzheimer’s Assasins mumbled as they regrouped and surrounded the duo, now with their fruit abilities on full display. “W-we have a problem!” A Geezer shouted, “The marines got this joint surrounded, we gotta split!” His raspy tone accompanied by a painfully slow speech pattern as he struggled to get his point across. “Gather up and go!” Another shouted to the rest as they scurried into the back of the building before turning back towards Volo and Karl, “We will settle this another time dearies, this isn’t over, not by a long shot!”

“Come out with your hands up!” The booming voice called from outside of the casino, taking their attention away from the fleeing elderly marauders. “We have you surrounded, there is no escape for you this time.”

Disregarding the marines orders, Volo gave chase to the escaping elderly assailants, however he was met with an airtight plate of steel preventing them from following. “Aww man, I wanted to kick more old people ass.” He moaned.

Outside of the Casino

“Hmmmmm...hrmmmmmm....mhmm.....yes....” Marion mumbled to himself.

“What is it sir..?” The marine beside him questioned, though she was met with no response.

“Hmmmm....mmmmm....hmmm.....mhmm......shhh...mm..” Marion continued to groan.

“Captain Marion....sir...?” She asked confused as he leaned over and glanced the captains face, realizing that he had been mumbling in his sleep as a large snot bubble changed size with every breath. “Ahem.... CAPTAIN MARION, SIR!”

“Wha... wha...?!” The elderly man exclaimed as he snapped his back and forth, popping the snot bubble as he awoke. “Yes...hmmm.. Yes, yes, I am here, now then, where were we...?”

“Yes, of course you were.” She snickered before debriefing the forgetful man of the situation once more.

“Yes, yes... Quite right..” He said as he tipped his cap and gave the girl a smile, “Now then, I do believe this is a job for you miss Noda.” Smiling as he nudged her along, “Oh, and you might be needing this... hohohohoho...” Tossing her a sword with a blunted green blade. “Now then, I think I’ll take a nap if you don’t mind...hmmmm....yes, that sounds nice. Oh, and take Kine with you for the other fellow.... Good luck...hmm yes, good luck... ohohohohoho.”

She gripped the wooden blade, if it could even be called that, in her hand and stared at in a confused manner as she glanced back to her real blade that already hung from her waist. Though, before she could ask its purpose, the Captain had already wandered off. “Tch. Fine, keep your secrets old man... Hey! Kine, lets go! Have your men take up positions in those houses there, and there! My company will provide support from the flanks. Got it?!” Her commands were met with a unified, “Sir, yes sir!”

Back Inside of the Casino

“This ways a dead end.” Volo said as he came from the back room, “Looks like the only way out is those doors there.” He snickered as he cracked his knuckles and then his neck. “Those old folks were a good warm up, but I’m still raring to go!” Smoke emitting off his now excited body like steam coming off freshly cooked food.

529/4,894/5,000

Last edited by Volo Rosso on Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Karl Friedrich
Karl Friedrich

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:20 pm
From one problem into another. First, it was the elderly crazy people with guns and other sharp weapons... Now it's marines at the door. Granted, Karl was aware that they had chased them down. Honestly, it ain't even a surprise the casino was surrounded and they were now the number one criminals in it... They, well, Volo, had just blown up an entire street block... With Karl in the passenger seat, and without a wheel to steer the course of action.

Karl would simply be standing in the buddle of purple oozing poison, looking at the Alzheimer group make their grand escape in time, leaving just him, and Volo there. On one hand, though, it's a good thing, at least he doesn't need to set out and fight against them... Moral dilemma avoided! This fact seemed to 'sadden' Volo though, who was eager to keep kicking their butts.

But back to the matter at hand... Marines, yes... And how to escape them. The most reasonable course of action, of course, was to check the back room. Where else would there be a visible emergency exit door than the back room? Oh, boy were they wrong at that. This appeared to be one of those back rooms... Without the back door... Oh, what a tragedy that was. But that was also a perfect moment to try and find what he came to look for in the first place... The lighter.

He swiftly moved over to all the tables, shelves, and even drawers, starting to hastily search through them. Perhaps that was a bad idea, to do this hastily. Things tend to slip past one's sight when doing something hastily. Maybe that was the case why he was unable to find the lighter... Or perhaps, it wasn't there... Either way, there was no time to waste in the back room. The whole building was surrounded, soon to be raided... And no exit in sight... Leaving only one 'reasonable' exit, which Volo of course seemed to plan to take.

Yes of course... It was time to run into another trouble, possibly getting himself captured, heck even killed... As if he wasn't already living through those things... But, somehow... Some way... It seemed to be more 'reasonable' to exit through front doors and take the fight outside rather than in a tight spot like inside... Especially when against such an amount of Marines. "Till this very point... I ask myself how did I get into this... Shouldn't have lent it to you... Ever..."

Words: 419
Total words: 5752

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord