Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[World Event] A Fool's ErrandToday at 10:27 pmMoreau[Claims] Devil Fruit ClaimsToday at 8:51 pmRagnar[Advertisement] [Advertisement] Fate/Shards: AU Fate/stay night RPWed Mar 13, 2024 6:51 pmGuest[Arc] Dreams of Kings and Castles: Part III- Invocation Under StarlightThu Mar 07, 2024 4:24 amDoji[Episode] The Bloody ChamberMon Mar 04, 2024 5:22 pmNoah[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSun Mar 03, 2024 7:52 pmDoji[Tracker] Molly TohvThu Feb 29, 2024 10:47 pmMolly Tohv[Episode] Mink-staken IdentityWed Feb 28, 2024 8:51 amYumiko[Claims] Face ClaimsTue Feb 27, 2024 11:15 amGray
Go down
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
[Episode] Why No, I Don't Dance But When I Do, It's Almost Criminal - Page 3 G7UGK6I
[tracker=/t980-castor-o-nox#4771]
Name : Castor O. Nox
Epithet : Sanpaku | The Azure Pheasant | Duke Of Lvneel | Saint Nox
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 175lbs
Species : Three-Eye Tribesman
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Blockbuster
Alliance : -
Crew : Nox Pirates
Ship : The Wailing Calamity
Crew Role : Captain | Navigator | Book Collector | Pride Sin
Devil Fruit : Goro Goro no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 620,000,000
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (To all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf); +0.10 (Blockbuster); +0.20 (To all allies)
Shop Discount : -20%
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 96,000,000
Balance : [bel] 2,470,815,020
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[dreamsneverdie]]
[[bookworm]][[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

[Episode] Why No, I Don't Dance But When I Do, It's Almost Criminal - Page 3 Empty Re: [Episode] Why No, I Don't Dance But When I Do, It's Almost Criminal

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:08 pm
Round 5:

Castor O. Nox uses [AOE]Divine Flicker Pheasant on Minerva
Castor O. Nox uses UT on Minerva

Minerva uses [MT] Hidden Sword II on Castor O. Nox
Minerva uses [LT] Swarm II on Castor O. Nox
Minerva uses [LT] Willow Shoot II on Castor O. Nox
Minerva uses UT on Castor O. Nox

Tracker

Name : Variable
Epithet : Variable
Height : Variable
Weight : Variable
Species : Variable
Faction : Variable
Crew : Variable
Ship : Variable
Crew Role : Variable
Devil Fruit : Variable
Bounty : Variable
Balance : Variable

[Episode] Why No, I Don't Dance But When I Do, It's Almost Criminal - Page 3 Empty Re: [Episode] Why No, I Don't Dance But When I Do, It's Almost Criminal

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:08 pm
The member 'Castor O. Nox' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 9, 11

--------------------------------

#2 'Reflex Check' : 5, 17, 18, 4
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
[Episode] Why No, I Don't Dance But When I Do, It's Almost Criminal - Page 3 G7UGK6I

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:29 pm

blur_on

A Change of Plans

“Now now… Scum’s pretty harsh. What’s this about your family?” Castor inquired. Jousting towards Castor’s third eye, the man would simply shift to the right, avoiding the attack. “My personal life’s none of your concern Sanpaku!” Minerva shouted, panting loudly from the wounds sustained in the conflict.

Climbing onto the containers, the Giant would extend his humongous figure, clutching his fist to smash it against the storage room’s ceiling. Shooting his arm off like a rocket, the impact would create a small crack at first but after a few strikes, the crack transformed into a massive crack in the ceiling. With the Dance Powder secured, the man began to scale to the upper level waiting room the men had first arrived in. As soon as the opening came into focus, Castor covered his hand in a jet black coat of Busoshoku Haki, extending it towards the same direction as Stannis surfaced. Shooting past the man’s position, he’d break through to another ceiling, his arm storming to the heavens. Merging with the clouds above the deserted area next to the farmlands, the sky signaled a glorious clap of thunder greeted the lightning denizen’s touch.

Retracting his arm, Castor’s awkward body position left for an easy target for Minerva. With two quick punts, the woman’s blade sunk into Castor’s chest cage and throat, aiming for a fatal hit. [2 LT - Successful] As the man’s blood filled the storage room’s floor, with his free hand, Castor would reach for Summer Rain once more, slashing the woman against her thigh to create distance. [UT - Castor]. On the outside, Castor’s lightning storm had commenced, several bolts of electricity showered down upon the entrance to the waiting room below, opening holes in the ceiling, revealing the ‘cave’ they’d entered into a covered building. At Castor’s command, the bolts showered through the hole in the ceiling, and clapped against Minerva’s skin, electrocuting the woman’s snow white pigment to a raspberry red. [AOE] [Divine Flicker]

Stannis bushed off the falling debris like a mosquito bite, continuing his rampage above until sunlight came into focus. Picking up Minerva’s almost unconscious body, Castor tossed the woman over his shoulder, too exhausted to protest with actions, “W-W-What are you doing Imp?! Put me down!” Minerva commanded. “Minerva was it? I’ll be having you and Stannis join my crew. I foresee that for Paradise, I’ll need as many allies as I can rally up. My loss to that Dinosaur relic proved that much.” Castor declared. “Join? Your not making any sense! I refuse! I’m a hunter! I’ve forsaken pirate life for a long time now!” Minerva shouted. “What about your family? You’ve clearly lost here. At this point, can you protect them on your own? I don’t know your situation but if it was me, you’d be dead.” Castor retorted.

A silence came over the woman, the Gorilla Man was truly the only obstacle left in their path. The spiders were destroyed by the collateral damage from Richard’s and Castor’s respective fights. Meanwhile, Dandy watching the entire scene from the scraps of his spider’s head, reached for his Baby Baby Den Den. After a few rings, Juice anxiously answered the call. “What is it now Dandy?” Juice inquired calmly, careful as to not show much emotion around his buyers. “Listen to me carefully. The brat’s defeated Minerva. Only Congo’s left. He won’t last very long. How long will it take you to get to their position?” Dandy inquired, in a panicky fashion.

Taking a deep breath, and exhaling heavily, “I’m walking with the buyers. If I increase my pace, that’ll make them very uncomfortable.” Juice whispered. “If Boss finds out we mucked around in a small sea like this… and lost to a rookie. That’s our heads. Remember we only came to the West Blue-” Dandy shouted, petrified for his life. “Enough. I’ll handle the situation. At this point… The auction is compromised.” Juice stated, starting to unbuckle his button up dress shirt as he’d walk. “You’ve received the payment, yes?” Juice stated, shortly after. “Yessir.” Dandy responded, gulping loudly, as he'd know exactly what would follow next. Hanging up the Den Den Mushi, Juice would cease his advance.

Tapping his feet against the ground with great finesse, the Dressrosa native began to dance. Stunned by the man’s odd course of action, the auction buyers stood in awe, watching the man’s smooth movements. In an instant, Juice’s body disappeared, in seconds, the only person from the lot left with their heads on, was the New World Pirate, who teased him earlier, however, he was fatally wounded, blood gushing from his throat. “What’s the meaning of this… Juice?” the man looked with a darkened expression as his body began to permeate a dark aura. “I underestimated my rodent problem… Now I need to cover up my losses as a Broker. I can’t have my record ruined. I’m going to blame this incident on the Nox Pirates and Richard Maxwell… Tell our boss they killed you all, stole the merchandise but we managed to recoup the money. Then, I’m going to put their names on the Under World’s hit list. They’ll make it back to Paradise sometime. It’s only a matter of time.” Juice explained, cracking his neck to release the tension from the incident.

“You think you can beat me… Old Man. Things aren’t the same as they were back in Black Fists time… The seas are filled with hungry rookies like myself.” the New World Pirate barked. “Hunger? Ambition and Power are two different beasts.” Juice declared, beginning to dance once again, nodding his head side to side in disappointment. “To some tribes… Lions are the mightiest beasts in the Kingdom… but to us… The World we exist in…. Lions are flies compared to monsters of myth.” Juice concluded grinning.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Word Count: 946

| Tagged: @Maxwell

Notes:

Last edited by Castor O. Nox on Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

[tracker=/t139-richard-maxwell#516]
Name : Richard Maxwell
Epithet : Plague Rat
Height : 6'0" / 183 cm
Weight : 160 lbs. / 73 kg
Species : Human
World Position : Supernova
Bounty : [bel=r] 243,000,000
Quality Score : S+
Income Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Shop Discount : -10%
Balance : [bel] 1,217,129,125
[[bookworm]][[firstaidkit]][[berryprinter]]
[[identitytheft]][[identitytheft]][[improviseadaptovercome]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:43 am
Round 6

Richard uses HT Malpractice on Gorilla Face Greg.
Richard uses LT Leg It on himself.
Richard uses UT Heal on himself.

Gorilla Face Greg uses AoE Last Resort on Richard.
Gorilla Face Greg uses UT on Richard.

NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:43 am
The member 'Maxwell' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 9, 18

#2 'Reflex Check' : 5, 4
Maxwell
Maxwell
[Episode] Why No, I Don't Dance But When I Do, It's Almost Criminal - Page 3 Vk6odI4

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:27 am
Richard struggled back onto his feet, rubbing the back of his aching head. That was going to be a nasty bump tomorrow. What had he ever done to deserve this? ...A rhetorical question and one that would go unanswered, as he saw the giant eyeing the ceiling ominously. He grabbed his hat and legged it, fleeing from the falling dust and debris. [LT - Leg It] [UT Heal] One was bad for his suit and the other for his health. He shot a panicked glance at the giant. “Not to sound ungrateful here, but would you please watch- eeeeeht?!” He leapt away as actual lightning flashed down into the storage room. At this rate he wouldn’t be surprised to see it raining actual cats and dogs soon. These people were all monsters.

While the rat was busy trying to find a proper opening to flee, a familiar voice sent chills down his spine. “Tch, I can’t believe it has come to this...” He turned his head very reluctantly, finding the badly wounded bounty hunter sitting against a chunk of rubble. In his hand was an odd, small device, about the shape and size of a bike’s handlebar with... a big, red button on top... Oh no. “Hasta la vista, rat.” [AoE - Last Resort] [UT] Feeling cornered, the crook moved without thinking. “Oh, no you don’t!” He tackled the monkey man, his grabby hands reaching for the device. “Give-! Give me that! Ow! Would you kindly just die already?!” While struggling for dominance, he resorted to every dirty trick in the book. [HT - Malpractice]

After a brief, but fierce struggle, the criminal managed to steal the device. He chucked it far out of reach before backing away himself. His battered foe fell unconscious again, having suffered significantly in the cheater’s hands. So much for that Do No Harm... Then again, he had always considered that mentality naive at best. Taking a moment to catch his breath, he reloaded his weapon. A satisfying series of clicks confirmed the return of its lethality. He grabbed his suitcase as well and shifted his attention back onto the other two... make that three? ...escapees. Seeing the strange, young fellow carrying his beaten enemy raised several questions, but he knew better than to ask.

Words: 366
Total: 9746

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Maxwell on Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:31 am; edited 2 times in total

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:37 pm
Round 6:

Castor O. Nox uses [MT]Kwane on Minerva
Castor O. Nox uses [LT]Celestial Barrier on Minerva
Castor O. Nox uses [LT]Decagon on Minerva
Castor O. Nox uses UT on Minerva

Minerva uses [AOE] Goriila Man's Planted Bomb on Castor O. Nox
Minerva uses UT on Castor O. Nox

Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:37 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 7, 8, 19, 11

#2 'Reflex Check' : 7, 5
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:06 pm

blur_on

A Change of Plans

As Castor waited for the giant to fully surface, his body disappeared completely into the hole above. Turning his attention towards the conflict with Richard and Gorilla Face once more, the bounty hunter’s persistence was impressive. As he’d attempted to detonate the first bomb and failed, the second bomb that’d been placed on Minerva’s body secretly began to activate. As the ticking noise became louder, the curious Imp ripped the sleeves of the woman’s dress apart, where the sound seemed to be coming from. “W-W-What are you-” Minerva’s pleas came to a halt, as her body was banged up from the fight, she barely had enough energy to talk, let alone stay awake. At first glance, at the woman’s bare back, it’d be as if Castor had aggressively undressed the woman for no reason. Reaching for his spear Iris, Castor would extend his logia hand in a grappling fashion, retrieving his spear.

Using his radar’s frequency detection to isolate the point, Castor would use his Kenbunshoku Haki to zero in on the exact position of the bomb in her shoulder. Shoving the blade inward, Castor released a miniature electrical surge, the sparks resembling that of a bird’s flapping wings, short circuiting the bomb, and rendered Minerva unconscious. [MT][Kwane] [LT] [Decagon]“How did… that bastard know about the bomb I placed in her shoulder?!” Congo, the gorilla man shouted. Smirking at Congo, Castor summoned another electrical bird which he’d hop on top of, ascending towards the ceiling a slow creep. “Richard. Finish off your fight. I’ll watch from the skies. It seems that today Lady Luck’s on our sides. Someone’s holding Juice back for us from the sounds of it all.” Castor informed.

Meanwhile, approximately, a half mile or so away from the robbery, Juice engaged the New World Pirate in a heated battle. However, the squabble would soon come to an end. The unknown pirate had sustained a broken arm, several ribs, and fractured his neck, all from Juice’s unique style. “I was like you when I first went out to the seas. I thought the Yonko we’re just a bunch of old men sitting on their thrones. Unsure about the waves occurring around them, however, I was wrong. Once I met Thunder Ogre’s crew I understood my place in the world. I’m a soldier. You my friend… aren’t even that.” Juice concluded, cornering the retreating pirated into an alleyway between two containers, with nothing at his back but a stone wall. Reaching at his waist, the martial artists would reveal a double barrelled pistol, aiming it’s mouth towards the injured man. “Adios.” Juice declared, firing off two shots from the gun.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Word Count: 437

Notes:

Last edited by Castor O. Nox on Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:56 am
Round 7

Richard uses MT Energy Steroid on himself.
Richard uses LT Sucker Punch on Gorilla Face Greg.
Richard uses LT Lights Out on Gorilla Face Greg.
Richard uses UT on Gorilla Face Greg.

Gorilla Face Greg uses MT Death Rattle on Richard.
Gorilla Face Greg uses LT Rocks Fall on Richard.
Gorilla Face Greg uses LT Rubble Rains on Richard.
Gorilla Face Greg uses UT on Richard.

NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:56 am
The member 'Maxwell' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 1, 20, 11

#2 'Reflex Check' : 20, 20, 2, 6
Maxwell
Maxwell
[Episode] Why No, I Don't Dance But When I Do, It's Almost Criminal - Page 3 Vk6odI4

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:00 am
Willpower was a terrifying thing. Despite Richard’s string of... polite requests... the badly battered opponent simply refused to roll over and die. Some people just had a knack for making things needlessly difficult. Hearing the ever so helpful advice from above was simply salt on the wound. He donned his friendly tone like an ill-fitting mask and glanced upwards with a smile. “Thank you for that ingenious idea, friend. Didn’t even cross my mind. Here I was still thinking we could settle our differences over a nice cup of tea...” If sarcasm had been a substance, it would’ve dripped from his every word and corroded marks onto the floor.

Unfortunately, the moment of distraction proved costly. While the rat was busy venting his frustration through snarky dialog, the wounded bounty hunter twitched. It couldn’t really be called a conscious action anymore. No, it was more of a final, defiant reflex, a death rattle given physical form. [MT - Death Rattle] A mighty fist swung, like the trashing body of a headless snake. It slammed against the rat’s back, sending him sprawling against the floor. Something cracked from the sheer whiplash. In the worst possible set of dominoes set off by Lady Luck, a huge chunk of stone fell from the shaky ceiling.  [LT - Rocks Fall] [LT - Rubble Rains] [UT] It came crashing down on the downed salesman, another heavy blow against his body, pride and suit.

Stars twirled around the crook’s head as he struggled back onto his feet. Polaris, Sirius, Betelgeuse, even some fellow with hair fashioned into horns for some reason... He shook the twinkling hallucinations away. Everything ached... His smiling mask cracked, as he cast an outright venomous glare at his dying enemy. Right. One more loose end... He rifled through his deep pockets, until finding a familiar injector. This one was ever so slightly shaped from the rest, resembling more a bullet than a bottle. The needle pierced his skin and sent a rush of heat through his veins. [MT - Energy Steroid] His muscles bulged unnaturally, straining against the fine fabric holding them back. Gritting his teeth, he suppressed an angry growl trying to crawl from his throat. This was precisely why he loathed using this particular concoction... The looming loss of control... Felt dangerously addictive.

Marching over to the soon-to-be corpse, the doctor pulled a pair of medical gloves from his pocket. Unlike his foe, he had no snappy one-liners to dispense. With a merciless kick, he launched the limp body against the hallway wall. [LT - Sucker Punch] [UT] One hand grabbed the target by the throat, while the other slowly pulled back and tensed. [LT - Lights Out] There was a wet thud... A small splatter of red painted the floor.

Words: 435
Total: 10181

COMBAT TRACKERS:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:07 pm
Interrupting Richard's Fight - Gashi Gashi Gashi... PART 2

Round 7:

Castor O. Nox uses [HT]Vritra on Congo
Castor O. Nox uses [LT]Summanus's Luna on self
Castor O. Nox uses UT on Congo

Congo uses [LT] Banana Bombing on Castor O. Nox
Congo uses [LT] Slip Up! on Castor O. Nox
Congo uses UT on Castor O. Nox

Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:07 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 16, 8

#2 'Reflex Check' : 2, 1, 16
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:15 pm

blur_on

Flawless Escape

As the steroid raging doctor went ape on Congo, Castor watched from the skies annoyed at the tenacity of the bounty hunter. Summoning a second electrical bird, the winged beast would descend at lightning speed, picking up Richard by his collar and ascended sky bound. Whether or not the man chose to be grappled by the bird was his choice, of course. Extending the free hand which wasn’t busy keeping Minverva’s body in place, “This might be a bit excessive but I don’t have much time to waste here.” Castor declared, shooting his right arm off like a bolt of lightning. The electrical blast expanded, transforming to first the body and then, manifesting the head of a dragon’s own. Still groggy from being slammed into the wall, the Gorilla face staggered to his feet, only to be met with the sight of a massive electrical mythical creature seconds away from swallowing his entire body.

The gorilla man’s jaw dropped in a cartoonish fashion, wide enough that if you’d look closely, one would think it’d be touching the ground… but that’d be an exaggeration. Eyes popping out of his socket like a jacket in the box figurines, an endless stream of drool and snot dripped slowly from the crevices of Congo’s mouth and nose respectfully. Reaching for a pair of sunglasses in his fitted suit's pocket, the man would place them over his beaded eyes and confess, “I guess… This is how… the banana splits.” Congo thought to himself, as second’s later his body became the main course to the electrical beast’s stomach. The large mass of electricity clapped against the floor, the dragon’s image fading and in a heap of blackened soot remained. Pupils dilated, and tongue hanging from his mouth in a buffoonish manner, The Plague Rat’s opponent was reduced to smut. The heated air caused an explosion during impact that left the man’s body sunk into a giant crater. The noise could’ve been heard from a distance off, as the floor of the building shook from the impact.

Severely wounded, Juice gave up the chase, he’d switch to Plan B, blaming the entire incident on the Nox Pirates, and implicating the Plague Rat as a co-conspirator. However that was a story for another day. As the rookie floated through the hole in the ceiling, in seconds they’d be above the farm lands. Dance Powder secured, the posse would retreat towards the dock, where Castor’s massive Wailing Calamity waited. Finally, the moment would soon be upon them, the final task of the day, who took the biggest cut of the powder.

Meanwhile, back at the auction site, Dandy and his mechanical army of spiders came to Juice’s rescue, as the two men fled the container to a submarine secluded in a private port. Entering into the vessel, the two men retreated into the deep sea, very rich from the auction. Buyers from across the Paradise blacklisted Castor O. Nox as a top mark for various Underworld Brokers.

“You're such a crude man Juice. What’ll you do when they open those crates and realize you were pulling a fast one on the auction buyers too?” Dandy inquired.

“Not my concern. A good merchant always checks his product before either purchasing or ‘commandeering’. Those rookies will learn a simple lesson, in the Underworld, it’s con, be conned or be in a position where conning you means certain death.” Juice grinned, breaking out into laughter as he’d count the massive haul.

At the docks, the two rookies cracked open the barrels, in search of an amicable split. Little did they know, they were both in for a big surprise.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Word Count: Total Count: 12,373

Notes: Page 1: 7,929 | Page 2: 2,491 | Page 3: 1953 | This Post: 523

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:38 am
Before the bloodied doctor could continue bashing the wounded foe, someone, something grabbed him by the collar. He staggered against the yanking motion, flailing furiously. His immediate instinct was to snatch his suitcase, then his hat. He always had his priorities in order after all. Only then he bothered to glance up at what was pulling him. He gave the crackling bird a blank stare... Rubbed his eyes with his free hand... Then looked again. Much to his surprise, the impossible creature was still there. And the sensation of the ground fleeing from beneath his legs felt far too real to be a hallucination.

Richard shifted his attention towards the only possible culprit. Never one to complain about a free ride, or someone else doing his dirty work, he accepted the help with a polite nod. “Agreed. Time is money, see, and I’d rather not lose more of either.” However, his idea of excessive was clearly different from the fearsome captain... The raw, rising voltage crackled as static in the air. Even the old smoker could smell the sweet, pungent aroma mixing with burnt cloth, the telltale scent of ozone. With a brilliant flash of light, the young menace accomplished in seconds what the dishonest doctor had struggled with for a good while.

“...!”

Reminiscent of a broken mirror reflecting the bounty hunter, sheer shock stunned the rat as well. It felt like time itself slowed down, perhaps to watch the spectacle. Surprise washed over his features like rising tide. First his mouth opened impossibly wide with a scream that got stuck in his throat. Two matching globs of snot hung from his nostrils like rubbery strings. The bloodshot eyes bulged, while the spiral pupils shrank into mere pinpricks. Even his eyebrows contorted towards the skies, as if trying to flee his face. For the finishing touch, droplets of fearful sweat decorated the twisted features.

By the time the crook managed to reel his jaw back up, they were already high above the farm lands. The flight took them towards the dock and something grim that resembled a floating corpse of a monstrous fish. Swallowing nervously, the rat only now realized he was dangling between heaven and earth. People like him had no business up in heaven, so that kind of narrowed down the options. Weakly he tried to get his voice heard. “Sooo, uh... You... can just set me down wherever is convenient. I... really don’t mind walking...” He chose his words carefully, as asking the devilish youngster to drop him somewhere would’ve probably ended... Well, pretty much exactly as he feared.

However, never let it be said that Richard Maxwell learned his lessons. On the contrary, his greed was still sitting on his shoulder, whispering venom into his ear. All that money he had paid to enter this whole mess... Gone... His chance for rare loot... Also gone... So the only thing left was... The powder. He wasn’t going to leave empty-handed.

Or so the ever optimistic rat thought.

Words: 500
Total: 10681

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:54 am

blur_on

A Fool's Pride

After about an hour of flight, the duo came upon the unofficial docking area for Castor’s Wailing Calamity. Honestly, if it wasn’t for the giant, they'd 've arrived in a much speedier fashion but Castor was prepared for the delay, nursing his wounds from his squabbles with Minerva. Keeping an ear out for any pursuers using his radar, the small posse of four landed by a rocky coast where the Full Rigged Vessel ominously drifted against the waves. “Look at my ship. Ain’t she a beaut?” Castor declared proudly, puffing out his chest to Richard and Stannis. Stannis' face was less than impressed, he was a super religious man, and something about the boat gave him heebie jeebies. As Stannis began the Giant’s Prayer, the pirate captain began to negotiate the terms of the Dance Powder split. Removing his katana, Castor would slice open one of the barrels for Richard to inspect the product. “So. It’s the real stuff right Senor Brown?” Castor inquiring, teasing the man by his former alias. Castor was on a high after escaping from someone much stronger than himself. Pride for him didn’t always mean triumph in combat, it was something much more existential, it was victory by his own terms - what a laugh. Especially with what was about to happen next.

“I decided. I’ll take all of the Dance Powder. If I remember correctly, The Good Doctor told me it summons rain. Might be useful for times in the future when we’ll be chased by marines. In exchange, I’ll trade you a ride to any island you desire, and about 150,000,000 Million worth in treasure. How about it Maxwell? Deal?” Castor inquired. Somewhere, Newport was certainly turning in his sleep about this stupidity off this deal, and Dax will be pissed once he finds out Castor traded a portion of the treasure he’d stolen from Las Camp. As the men conversed, the news of Castor and Richard’s exploits travelled through the underworld. Some brokers found the men to be gutsy, and have balls to try to rip off dealers from major cartels, others still found gripe with Juice for being the coordinator but at the end of it all, unknown enemies lurked in both men’s futures.

Guzzling alcohol at an unknown location in the North Blue, the white pupil genius received information from his spy network about the incident on Toroa. “I’ve been keeping tabs on you, Nox. The next island after Lvneel is realistically Flevance. I hope you don’t disappoint. After all, I’ll be using it to get to the next stage. I’m going to make you an offer you can’t refuse.” Red Devil commented, tossing photographs of Castor’s estranged mother onto his laboratory’s work table.

Word Count: Total Count: 12,825

Notes: Page 1: 7,929 | Page 2: 2,491 | Page 3: 1953 | Last Post: 523 | This Post: 452

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:40 am
Time had an incredible ability to stretch. While the flight lasted an hour at most, for the frightened rat it felt like several. His request fell to deaf ears, so his only option was to cling to his belongings and pray to whatever deity was bored enough to listen to the old sinner. Understandably, his prayers went unanswered. It was almost like the uncaring heavens thought he deserved this or something. Worse yet, his berserker brew was beginning to wear off. As adrenaline abandoned his system, fearful shivers followed in its wake. He was turning paler by the moment. ...And a little green. Flying agreed neither with his head nor his stomach.

The landing came not a moment too soon. Richard collapsed to his knees and kissed the ground feverishly. Safe, safe, safe! However, he quickly scampered back onto his feet as Castor presented his vessel. His skeptical stare shifted between the ship and its proud captain. “...Absolutely.” He lied. The last time he had heard anyone calling anything ‘a beaut’ was this one energetic foreign bloke referring to an alligator. Similar sort of dread crept down his spine this time as well. In his professional opinion, that ship gave him the creeps. He counted himself lucky that he wouldn’t ever have to set a foot on it. Or so he thought.

While the swordsman went to open a barrel, the conman brushed the dirt from his mouth and whiskers. He stepped closer to the barrel and peered carefully at the shining powder. Taking some in his hand, he scrutinized it closely before letting it cascade through his fingers. The composition, the weight, even the color... Yep, there was no doubt about it... This was a laughably lazy forgery! Indignation bubbled from his very core. Had these people no shame, trying to scam their customers with this? At least his fake powder seemed real until actual chemical tests. This was just... Gah, he didn’t even know what to call this...

However, Castor’s comment snapped Richard out of his thoughts. He was lucky that his poker face was well-practiced, because that nearly broke him right there. Right, his business partner here had no idea what Rain... Hrm, Dance Powder actually looked like. And the old man wasn’t around to interfere anymore. It sparked an idea... An awful, wonderful idea. The only way for him to feel more devilish would’ve been to sprout horns and a spade-tipped tail. Stuffing the venomous thoughts deep into the depths of his mind, he simply nodded. “Mmhm, as real as it gets. You have a fortune on your hands, my friend.” Even his wicked heart played its part, keeping its pace calm and steady. ...Or maybe it was just winded from hammering like mad throughout the flight. Either or.

The rat struggled to hide his glee when the naive captain actually offered to take all of the worthless barrels. Upon hearing the amount, his swirly pupils seemed to twist, taking the shape of money itself. Just a trick of the light, right? Right. For the finishing touch, he feigned quiet disappointment. “You sure drive a hard bargain, friend... We both know this haul is worth far more than that...” He reluctantly stopped to consider. Turning down the best offer of the day would’ve no doubt roused suspicion. “But I do suppose I owe you one for saving my tail back there. And I do have some... business on a nearby island called Ilusia anyhow, so your offer is perfectly timed.” He politely offered his hand, a shake to seal the deal.

“Fine then. It’s a deal.”  

Words: 600
Total: 11281

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:48 pm

blur_on

A Fool's Pride

Accepting Richard’s gesture, Castor grappled the man’s hand firmly in agreement to the trade. As Castor would board the vessel, he’d notice that Stannis hadn’t moved an inch from his former position. “You getting cold feet on me, Ship Sinker?” Castor inquired. “I’d like to put a hold on our agreement. I have some business I must conclude in these seas before I can go gallivanting around the world with you.” Stannis declared. “Very well.” Castor responded without little thought. “My crew’s all about true freedom. Live life as you wish. Just know, if you need me one day, you can always reach out.” Castor declared, starting to grin. “And the same goes for me.” Stannis agreed, as the ship would pull away from the coast under Castor’s direction from the coast. “Ilusia. Then I have one more stop before I head towards the North once again.” Castor concluded, digging through his kimono to reveal a note from fellow Super Rookie - Brood X. Bach. “The West Blue has proven very eventful. I wonder what this meeting will bring.” Castor thought to himself.

As the ship edged away from Toroa’s coastline, the salty sea welcomed the gloomy looking vessel to its embrace. One day, these two men will meet again, will it be a pleasant meeting… only time will tell. “I’m glad that our trade went well, Maxwell. The last merchant I tried trading with scammed me, and I had to wipe his existence from the world. Gashi Gashi… I guess you’ll live a long life if you keep making deals like this with me.” Castor concluded steering the ship blissfully. As clueless as a prepubescent scribbling away with his crayons, sheltered from the realities of the cold… cold world.

Word Count: Total Count: 13,112

Notes: Page 1: 7,929 | Page 2: 2,491 | Page 3: 1953 | This Post: 287

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:42 am
Against everyone’s better judgement, Richard boarded the eerie ship. Just setting a foot on it sent shivers down his spine. However, beggars couldn’t be choosers. He had to leave before the underworld’s bloodhounds caught his trail. Really, there was no better time to flee than right now. Unlike that giant, he had nothing binding him to this lousy island. Abandoning some of his wares in exchange for a quick getaway was a fair trade in his eyes. Heading to Ilusia would do him some good. Nothing ever happened in Ilusia.

While the captain discussed with his fresh recruit, the rat went ahead and found himself a cozy spot under one mast’s shadow. He leaned against it and started idly digging through his pockets. One hand produced a carton of condensed cancer, while the other revealed a shiny, silver lighter. A small flame flickered, once, twice, before puffs of smoke started forming. Soon gray wisps circled with him every breath. His gaze wandered onto the horizon. Well, even if the ship was ominous, he could still appreciate a peaceful sea voyage. One of the reasons he had left Loguetown in the first place was to just... get away from it all. Unwind a little, you know.

Unfortunately, Lady Luck decided that winding down would have to wait. Approximately until the next island anyway. Richard flinched at Castor’s sudden comment. He almost dropped his cigarette, as his vivid imagination painted a crimson picture inside his head. Hrm, he really could’ve done without that mental image... Still, he managed to find his usual, friendly smile. “Oh, I think this will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship...” He lied till the very end. As the rising wisps of smoke escaped into the wind, one adventure ended...

And another waited just beyond the horizon.

Words: 300
Total: 11581

The Conqueror / Black Fist
[tracker=/t131-tracker-gray-starks#504]
Name : Gray
Epithet : "The Conqueror"; "Black Fist"
Height : 10'2" (310 cm)
Weight : 1043 lbs (473 kg)
Species : Cyborg Human
World Position : Lurking Legend (Former Yonkou)
Crew : Black Fist Pirates (Destroyed)
Ship : Sangria's Vane (Destroyed)
Crew Role : Captain (Former)
Devil Fruit : Pressure-Pressure Fruit
Bounty : [ber=r] 5,000,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.20
Shop Discount : -30%
Balance : [bel] 25,000,000,000
[[strollingdeath]][[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[childofdestiny]][[freakofnature]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:12 pm

GRADING

COMMENTS

Castor O. Nox:

Richard Maxwell:

REWARDS

Castor O. Nox:

Richard Maxwell:

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord