Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Bio] Kaito TsukiyamaToday at 4:12 pmGray[World Event] A Fool's ErrandYesterday at 11:35 amHyde Garland[Rolls] Start me up!Yesterday at 4:08 amRNGesus[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:24 pmGoldmonger[Saga] The Dark Parade - The Diagnosis [Part I] Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:25 pmRowan Roji[Tracker] Tafari LeonidasMon Mar 25, 2024 7:45 pmTafari[Arc] Dreams of Kings and Castles: Part III- Invocation Under StarlightMon Mar 25, 2024 4:56 pmSkoll[Bio] Tafari Leonidas Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:33 pmGray[Bio] Asakura DojiMon Mar 25, 2024 3:31 pmGray
Go down
Anonymous

[Episode] Hungry like the Wolf Empty [Episode] Hungry like the Wolf

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:14 am
Quest Request:

Denver sat at the end of a bench outside the gates of the hospital in the main part of the city. With a whetstone and his sword out, he continued sharpening his sword, focusing on the task at hand. He was on a small break, waiting to be assigned to a branch as his time was starting with the marines. The boredom was getting to him, and he was starting to feel anxious. The world was still moving while the government took its time to decide where it was best to set him. Denver was at the point where he wanted to take things into his own hands. As he finished sharpening, his reflection stared back at him as he noticed a fellow marine walking towards him.

[npc=navy] "Denver! You gotta come out with us tonight, now that we have a night off let's go loosen up a bit."[/npc] The man started waving him over. Denver slid his sword back into the sheath and started heading over to his fellow marine. [npc=navy] "Bet you I'll drink more than you tonight!"[/npc] The battle of the drinks had started before even making it to the bar. The competitive side started seeping out of Denver, as he had a silent smirk on his face.

Making it to the bar, he saw some familiar faces. The night began as a normal night, setting up many drinks and enjoying the time together. Denver felt the anxiety start to be relieved as he ale settled in his stomach.  Four drinks in, the marines had let their guard down and felt relaxed. The noise level in the bar started to raise as new patrons entered the bar, looking out of place in a bar full of marines. Denver looked them over, they seemed to have heavy legs as they sat down. Their bodies lumped forward towards the table as though they had a long day, Denver assumed they had just returned from sailing.

[npc=pirt]"Oi, can we get a pint?"[/npc] The heavier one said, trying to be louder than the marines in getting the attention of the shop owner. Denver started ignoring them as the owner filled their cups and they settled down.

[npc=navy] "Hey Denver, I got some news for you. I hear there is a pirate in town from Hail's old crew. Thought you may want to look into it."[/npc] As the marine whispered this over to Denver, it felt as if a glass wall shattered in front of him and he fell into silent thought.

"Where? Why didn't you say this earlier?" His eyes felt like they were sending daggers towards the marine, he was stuck on revenge. This wasn't some trivial thing to him. The marines were a path to the end of his revenge, and once that was done, who knows where he would be. "Speak up, let's talk."

Denver got up and motioned for the marine to follow, as the two at the table watched them leave. The rest of the marines waved them off as they walked out to the streets that still seemed somewhat light from the color of the buildings. They made their way over to where they were staying as they waited for their ships. Denver was almost running, this was some of the first information he has received about the man who almost killed his mother and ruined his family's business. It was time to start the hunt.

WC

568 / 568 /  5000
Anonymous

[Episode] Hungry like the Wolf Empty Re: [Episode] Hungry like the Wolf

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:53 am
The evening sky went overlooked as Denver was focused on his own inner thoughts. The hunger he felt in wanting to give revenge back to a pirate that changed his life forever was overpowering. Each footstep felt faster than the last, rushing towards a more private area than an open bar. The two low-ranking marines went to a quiet area outside, closer to the docks. It was quiet on the docks, with most people getting ready to close their shops for the night. After Denver saw the lack of people in the area, he turned with a grin on his face, "So. Tell me about this pirate. Where is he?"

[npc=navy]"I heard that he just came in port. I'm not sure what made him come. I did overhear that the ship had Hail's flag flying."[/npc] The marine seemed to watch Denver, making sure that he wasn't showing any signs of worry. Denver felt he had to hold back excitement, he finally was going to be able to start chasing a string that would have a way to end. It wasn't some dead-end hope.

"How long ago did they get here?"

[npc=navy] "A few hours, I haven't seen them myself. I just overheard from some of the ensigns that there were some pirates sneaking around the city. Sounds like they were going to wait and try to arrest them as they were heading back to their boat."[/npc]

"So the ensigns have a small plan to catch them? Whatever. I'm going to catch them first. I'll see if they can get past me..." The cocky attitude started to come out, making the other marine uncomfortable.

[npc=navy]" Yea? Guess we better try and get them. Just, don't do anything stupid." [/npc]

Denver nodded. He had to think about how to catch some pirates. He could lay a trap at the dock and wait for them to run to their ship, but it sounded like he would be late to catch them. He needed to find another way to do it. Before he got to do that, he needed to figure out who the pirate was. He decided to go asking around the shops before they closed. The two marines set off to ask around the shopowners. After talking with a few of the shopkeepers, they got a description of a tall slender man with a tattoo on his forearm of an icepick. The two marines decided to split up and go around the town searching for the man. From the discussion, it sounded like the pirate was a grunt in Hail's crew.

As the two went their separate ways, the marine went back near the bar they originally discussed. Denver was a lot more invested in finding the pirate. He spent around an hour speaking with different people on the dock, trying to slyly offer bribes or favors to get information on the pirate and see if anyone overheard what the pirates were doing. He kept hearing contradicting information until someone who had a marine flag hanging in their shop told Denver that he overheard the pirate saying he was meeting someone to get a map. Following the directions given by the man, he went to a different side of the city than his friend. He had to think about the time it would take to go back and get the other marines, but he felt he needed to go quickly so he could make sure to catch them.

Denver decided to move forward in searching through the city, peaking through store windows and areas that he would think about having a meeting in. After what felt like two hours, it was time to call it and hide out and wait to see them heading back. He sat down in a public street, pulled out his sword, and started sharpening it. This pirate would regret coming here.

WC

641 / 1209 /  5000
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:54 am
As Denver sat down with his sword, he felt eyes watching him. Peeking towards where he walked from, he noticed one of the shop keepers had kept watching him. He felt like something was off, the shopkeeper seemed jittery as if having a member of the marines around him made him worried. He turned the sign on his door from open to closed and started slowly closing the blinds, as another man walked up. Denver recognized him as the bigger man from the bar, with a new bag that looked full. Further behind was Denver's friend who peeked around the corner. They nodded at each other, they had a potential lead on the pirate.

The marine convened with Denver as they began to plan on how to make the best action to catch them.

"So, we have two options. Follow in and break up this meeting, or wait till they come out and surprise them. The second option is only if they come out the front door, however..."

[npc=navy]"This is up to you, you're better at this than me."[/npc]

Denver was uncomfortable leading, he felt like he was still too new to do anything, but this could change his rank. If he could get some traction on tracing down more pirates, he could start getting his promotions faster.  "Then we go in, follow my lead." He had to act fast before the lead was gone. Even if this wasn't the lead, he could tell something was going on. He made his way towards the door of the shop. The shop seemed to be a basic wares shop, mostly clothing and accessories in the windows. Denver stood in the door in such a way that his tall figure would block the marine hiding behind him. He knocked loudly on the door, making sure someone would hear him.

[npc=misc]"Hello?"[/npc] A shaky voice responded, seeming close to the back of the store.

"Hey! Yes, I know I am a few minutes late but I am here to pick up a custom-tailored pair of pants! Please, you must open up!" Denver tried to mask his voice as best he could without sounding too fake. It made him feel uncomfortable, but he needed the owner to come open the door. He heard rustling in the store as someone came close to the front.

[npc=misc]"oh. Well, give me just a moment! I will be right there!"[/npc]

Denver smirked and prepared to pull the man out of the door once the door opened. As he thought about it, he whispered back to the marine, "Go around back. Make sure they don't sneak out. If they are, yell. I will come running." The marine quietly nodded and started sneaking around the side of the building. Denver had faith in the marine but was worried if it was a two versus one situation.

[npc=misc]"Coming!"[/npc] The voice seemed to get closer, but the voice was still shaky. As the door creaked open, the man seemed to have a smile that faded as he saw the marine. His eyes opened wide and Denver quickly reached out and grabbed him, pulling him outside. Denver then shoved the door open to see in the back of the shop three pirates. The heavier man had the bag open with what Denver assumed was stolen goods. A man who was cleaning a pistol, long hair, and a skull tattooed on his neck. The third was a tall slender man that had a diamond tattooed on his arm and an icepick on the other. Denver smirked as he stood in the doorway.

[npc=pirt]"Oh com'on. Can't be patient can ya?"[/npc]

"Why be patient when I can take some scum and throw them where they belong? I only need one of you to tell me what I need, so I guess the other two of you can take the easy way out." Denver said with confidence and boisterously trying to let the marine hear him outside, hoping it would encourage him to open the door.

[npc=pirt]"Then what do you need? We have some time on our hands and we want to enjoy ourselves"[/npc] Denver finally got a good look at the bag as the pirate with the ice pick tattoo showed the bag. The bag was full of different bottles of ale and some maps. [npc=pirt]"We wanted to get sailing in the mornin. We want to get rich."[/npc]

"Well. That won't happen. So instead, you can put that down and we can talk. I want info."

[npc=pirt]"You aren't even offering a deal? You are terrible at this. By the way, name's Giovan. I am one of Hail Bells' pirates. So, why don't you just turn and leave? I would hate to embarrass you in your own city..."[/npc] Giovan smirked and disrespectfully waved Denver away.

"Call me Denver and why make a deal when I'll just capture you and get what I need from you by force?" As he finished the sentence, the back door slammed open as the marine ran in. The pirates turned to look at the back door and Denver ran forward toward Giovan. It was time to make his move.

The two pirates turned and ran towards the marine, the bigger one pushing the marine out of the way and running out the back door with the bag in hand. The one who was cleaning the pistol jumped straight to fight the marine. The pirates quickly showed where their loyalty lay within seconds of the door opening. The marine and pirate seemed to wrestle over the weapon for a second before the pistol shot into the ceiling. Quickly the marine turned the corner elbowing the pirate in the face and attempting to pin the pirate. He looked up as the fight between Denver and Giovan started. Denver pulled out his sword and smiled a crooked smile as his hunger for a fight started to boil over. Giovan lifted his hands up, [npc=pirt]"Well come on then. Put your sword where your mouth is. I doubt you'll leave two marks on me."[/npc]

WC

1005  /  2214 /  5000

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:09 am
Round 1:
Denver
Toggle Hunger of the hunter -20% def for +20% reflex
HT Aura Change (self)
LT Howling Slash hit
UT Hit

____

Giovan
HT Crit
UT Hit

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Denver on Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:09 am
The member 'Denver' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 3, 6

--------------------------------

#2 'Reflex Check' : 20, 14
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:58 am
Denver took his time releasing his sword from the sheath. His breath came out slowly as he focused his breathing and prepared himself. A black aura almost seeping out of him, a dark presence came around. The marine looked over in shock, worrying that the fight he was about to witness was out of his strength. "So. Let's do this" Denver said as he rushed forward toward Giovan.

Yelling, Denver pushed himself forward and aimed to slash through Giovan. The sword cut through with ease leaving a cut open down the left side of his body. Denver turned and did a quick slash up Giovan's back and smirked before Giovan turned and quickly uppercut Denver. His body went into a shock as pain shot through his chin and his body stiffened. A second shot went into his gut as Denver fell on his hands, it was an unexpected shot. He stood up, quickly to not let another shot come through.

[npc=pirt]"What? Already giving up? Ya pathetic puppet."[/npc] Giovan spit towards Denver's feet. The disrespect to the marines angered Denver. His blood began to boil with anger towards Hail's crew. Giovan pulled out an ice pick from his pant leg and licked the tip of it before stabbing it into Denver's shoulder. The blood seeped out. Denver felt the blood trickling down the front and back of his shirt as it was pulled out. He winced in pain staring at Giovan.

"Wow. An ice pick? For Hail? You guys aren't creative at all." He said trying to keep the attacks pointed at him. He readied himself for the next attack.

[npc=pirt]"Said a basic swordsman. We barely started and you already look like you're ready to fall to the floor. How pitiful are you?"[/npc] Giovan snorted as the pirate under the marine started flipping him back over. Denver looked over as the marine kept fighting to remain on top. They had the jump on the pirates and were still looking bleak at the moment. He had to think fast.

wc

337 / 2551 / 5000
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:47 am
Round 2:
Denver
MT - Night Ambush - to attack//buff
LT - Chasing Food - to reflex//buff
LT - Wolf Bite - Hit
UT  -hit

____

Giovan
LT - debuff to defense (-25%) : Miss (needed 13+)
LT - flat : Hit
UT Miss (needed 11+)

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Denver on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:07 am; edited 2 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:47 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 4, 4

#2 'Reflex Check' : 2, 15, 1
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:49 am
With a crooked smile, Denver stood up straight as the air around him seemed to get darker. He wasn't controlling anything, it was as if his body was having shadows surrounding his body. The shadows looked like they made his hair longer, his arms looked darker, and even his teeth seemed sharper. He let out a bellowing laugh, "Qwaqwaqwa! We barely started and you think you're better than me. Fine, I'll end this quick then."

Denver stared up and down the body of Giovan, looking for a weak point. It was hard to find any opening in Giovan's defense due to how patient he was being. Denver had to play dirty, he quickly ran as if he was going to go take out the other pirate.

[npc=pirt]"Where do you think you're going!?"[/npc] Giovan fell for the trick and turned to run and cut Denver off. Denver used that to his advantage and took the time to jump over a counter in the shop and keep bringing Giovan closer. Giovan began to chase, landing a small kick to Denver as he jumped the counter as well. Having waited for Giovan to jump over, Denver had readied a strike. In preparation, he had gotten closer to the ground and when Giovan jumped over the counter, lunged. The sword sliced the right side under his arm. Both had been bleeding heavily, and it was a quick fight.

"What was that about being pathetic? You have to answer for your crimes. I'm going to make sure Hail does too, but it starts with you." Denver had the weirdest showing of glee in his eyes talking about making sure this crew would be taken down. The two stared at each other, playing chicken to see who would go next. Giovan sliced the air in front of Denver with the ice pick, trying to catch his face. It went wide and instead cut a chunk out of the counter. Denver used the opening to use a front kick and get Giovan in the chest.

"Where the hell is Hail?! Your pathetic captain doesn't want to show himself again? I can't wait to show off to him that we took one of his crew down with such ease!" Denver continued to taunt. He was enjoying himself, and Giovan was getting furious. Hearing ill of his captain made him start to lash out, but it only backfired on him as he kept missing Denver.

[npc=pirt]"We aren't done fighting! You don't get to talk about him. I'm your opponent, and you'll never see him again. He is on the grand line, I'm sure he'll be a Yonkou before you see him again. Worthless world government slave."[/npc] Denver laughed again, the thought that Hail would make it anywhere near close to a Yonkou was outrageous.

"I doubt he will ever make it there. Especially with me following." His cockiness got the best of him and he winked as blood continued to trickle down his left side from the ice pick wound.

WC

501 / 3052 /  5000
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:57 am
Round 3:
Denver
HT Darkness Swipe - Hit
LT Howling Slash - Hit
UT - Hit

____

Giovan
LT Buff to defense 25%
LT Flat - Hit
UT - Miss

____
Fight End //
- Denver 5 HP left
- Giovan - 87 Hp *knocked out*

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Denver on Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:04 am; edited 2 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:57 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 10, 8, 8

#2 'Reflex Check' : 18, 7
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:50 am
Denver swayed back and forth, his right arm getting heavy as the blood continued to come from his shoulder. Giovan had blood begin to show through his clothing as the cuts began to open. The heavy breathing coming from both showed that the fight would be over quickly. Denver readied his blade as Giovan struck forward. Denver swayed out of the way and quickly jabbed the sword hilt in the back of Giovan's head. Giovan slipped past Denver and got into a defensive position, hoping to hold himself up.

"What? Can't hold yourself together? I thought that I was some pitiful opponent." Denver said as he jumped forward slicing the sword forward through the blackened aura and slicing down the front side of Giovan's body. He then let out a scream of pain as he used his left arm to grab the sword and slash through Giovan's right shoulder. Giovan fell to his knees as the second slash connected, his eyes rolling back into the back of his head as he fell onto his stomach. "Hope you enjoy being behind bars."

BANG

Denver felt pain in his right leg as he turned to see the marine fighting the other pirate still on the ground as the pistol was shoved out of the pirate's hand. Denver walked over and smacked the pirate on the head with the butt of his sword. "You have respect for your leaders, but you need to learn when the fight is over. I won." The pirate stared up at Denver, with anger and fear in his eyes.

[npc=pirt]"We will get away! You marines always think you can hold us. It won't ---"[/npc] The marine shoved the pirate's face into the ground and the pirate attempted to continue talking, but it was inaudible. Denver walked back over to Giovan and lifted him onto his shoulder. It was time to take him somewhere more private, he still had questions that needed answers. He wasn't satisfied with what he had heard about Hail.

Walking out of the store, it was a dark night that seemed it still had a lot of light. The reflections from the white buildings kept the night feeling brighter than normal, or at least that was how it felt to Denver. The marine was trying to keep the other pirate quiet as they took them to the other side of the city. His cut was still open and felt like it was dripping onto the street as he walked. It didn't bug him, he was finally getting answers and was then going to be able to turn in a pirate to the higher marines. His pride was at a high and a smile was stuck on his face. The marines slowly and quietly made their way through the town, as the muffled talking of a pirate speaking through a cloth trying to anger the marines. They made their way to the house that was being rented by the marine.

[npc=navy]"Are we sure we have to use my house?"[/npc]

"Look, Geki. I know you feel uncomfortable with this, but I need to get more information. We are going to turn them in. First I just need to know what Hail is doing in the Grand Line, and how long he is going to be there. It won't be long, but he needs to wake up. Think of how bad the image was just of us walking through as we look." Denver gestured at himself and the blood that was staining his clothes. Geki nodded but was actively showing their anxiety about the situation.

Denver tied up the two pirates in chairs in a backroom, hidden away from windows. As he waited for Giovan to wake up, he went and cleaned up and taped off the stab wound he had in his shoulder.

WC

635 / 3687 / 5000
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:55 am

Denver sat with his sword twirling on the ground. His patience was wearing thin as the pirate lay on the ground, his legs tied up and his hands clamped together. Geki was showing how uncomfortable he was with the situation, and Denver was starting to feel guilty. Almost felt as if he was betraying himself and breaking his own rules and felt like he was corrupting himself and Geki. He tried to take a deep breath and allow himself to think through his questions.

After almost an hour of waiting, Giovan started to wake up. [npc=pirt]"What the...LET ME GO"[/npc] He yelled, flailing his tied-up appendages around in a way that he would get free. Denver stood up and walked over to him, putting his hand to his own lips as he tried to hush Giovan.

"Let's talk and we will see. I need answers, and you want the chance to go free right?" Denver said, trying to persuade Giovan to open his mind to potentially having a more open conversation. Hail wasn't going to be free forever, and Giovan didn't need to hold on to his information.

"I need to know what Hail is doing. I want to catch him off guard and stop him. You don't need to go down with him. So, talk."

[npc=pirt]"You pathetic little as--"[/npc]

"Shut up. Answer my question." Denver interrupted him by stabbing his sword down in front of Giovan. His anger was easy to read on his face, his patience wearing thin as he sat and waited for Giovan to wake up. "He talks a lot. I know him. Tell me what he is doing, now. Or else."

Giovan smiled and cocked his head. Happily keeping his mouth shut, trying to anger the marine. Denver out of rage punched Giovan in the gut. "I beat you once, I can do it again. Answer me, you worthless pirate!"

[npc=pirt]"Fine. He is looking for a rare sword. Wanting to steal one of the best swords and sell it to someone. Sounds like his connection back to you is still going. Just like when he used your dad and mom...oh how is she by the way?"[/npc] Giovan laughed a bit as he pushed the pain away from his stomach.

Denver lifted his sword and cut along Giovan's leg. Purposefully, in an attempt to show his disdain towards him. He lifted his sword above his head and aimed, holding himself back from swinging at full force and ending the pirate. It wasn't worth it. He heard Geki, [npc=navy]"Denver, Don't do it!"[/npc] Geki had raised his voice, but to Denver, it was but a whisper. He had to fight himself to stop. It was the closest form of revenge he had.

WC

453 /  4140  /  5000
Gray
Gray
The Conqueror / Black Fist
[tracker=/t131-tracker-gray-starks#504]
Name : Gray
Epithet : "The Conqueror"; "Black Fist"
Height : 10'2" (310 cm)
Weight : 1043 lbs (473 kg)
Species : Cyborg Human
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Lurking Legend (Former Yonkou)
Crew : Black Fist Pirates (Destroyed)
Ship : Sangria's Vane (Destroyed)
Crew Role : Captain (Former)
Devil Fruit : Pressure-Pressure Fruit
Bounty : [ber=r] 5,000,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.20
Shop Discount : -30%
Balance : [bel] 25,000,000,000
[[strollingdeath]][[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[childofdestiny]][[freakofnature]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:31 pm
Archived upon request.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord