Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Bio] Kaito TsukiyamaToday at 4:12 pmGray[World Event] A Fool's ErrandYesterday at 11:35 amHyde Garland[Rolls] Start me up!Yesterday at 4:08 amRNGesus[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:24 pmGoldmonger[Saga] The Dark Parade - The Diagnosis [Part I] Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:25 pmRowan Roji[Tracker] Tafari LeonidasMon Mar 25, 2024 7:45 pmTafari[Arc] Dreams of Kings and Castles: Part III- Invocation Under StarlightMon Mar 25, 2024 4:56 pmSkoll[Bio] Tafari Leonidas Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:33 pmGray[Bio] Asakura DojiMon Mar 25, 2024 3:31 pmGray
Go down
Anonymous

Devil Fruits Empty Devil Fruits

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:21 pm
Hello guys.

I have been poking around this forum, and I have to say I love what I am seeing so far. It really looks well put together! I've been looking around for a One Piece site for a while now, one that isn't too complicated, dead, or full of toxic people, and this site looks well. I have no real issues with it other than it having banned devil fruits.

I can understand where you're coming from with certain fruits needing to be banned, and why, but it just doesn't seem right to have any canon fruits from the anime banned. It might help with activity if those fruits were removed from the ban list, and the staff instead works with whoever decides to pick up one of those fruits when they make a skill set. Perhaps move some, or if not all of the fruits currently on the ban list to Event Only? Other than that, the site is fine, and I would love to rp here. Also why are the Kage Kage, Ito Ito, and Mira Mira used as examples, but not banned?

Gray
Gray
The Conqueror / Black Fist
[tracker=/t131-tracker-gray-starks#504]
Name : Gray
Epithet : "The Conqueror"; "Black Fist"
Height : 10'2" (310 cm)
Weight : 1043 lbs (473 kg)
Species : Cyborg Human
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Lurking Legend (Former Yonkou)
Crew : Black Fist Pirates (Destroyed)
Ship : Sangria's Vane (Destroyed)
Crew Role : Captain (Former)
Devil Fruit : Pressure-Pressure Fruit
Bounty : [ber=r] 5,000,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.20
Shop Discount : -30%
Balance : [bel] 25,000,000,000
[[strollingdeath]][[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[childofdestiny]][[freakofnature]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

Devil Fruits Empty Re: Devil Fruits

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:26 pm
Hello there, fellow One Piece lover!

Welcome to Revival Dawn, I'm glad to hear that you like most of what you see! I can completely understand your concerns regarding the banned devil fruits, but believe me when I say this that there has been a lot of consideration put behind the banning of these particular fruits. Allow me to justify.

Let's get the Yomi Yomi no Mi out of the way first. That one is banned for a very simple reason: it holds great importance for the plot of the site (the site isn't called "Revival Dawn" for just one reason!)

Now, onto the other three canon fruits that have been banned outright:

Giro Giro no Mi's core ability is far too close to meta-gaming. It will give whoever uses it, an utterly unfair excuse to read people's mind or to see actions far away and leap bounds over otherwise exciting storytelling obstacles and player conflicts.

Soru Soru no Mi's most attractive ability, of course, is the ability to take away the lifespan of living things and transfer it. This would be fine in a one-track world, where the fate of all the characters was already designed. But, in a player-driven RP, where each character has their own soul (forgive the pun), we can't allow such an OP ability. Now, I did argue at first that you could simply restrict these abilities, but it was pointed out to me by a few players that it is the main attraction of the fruit, and without it, it becomes a mostly meaningless fruit.

Ope Ope no Mi.... Where do I even begin with the OPEness of this fruit. I mean the name itself admits it's OP! (I'm assuming this is the particular banned fruit that upset you, as it has many players before you.) While your argument is very solid that I could just as well try to police this fruit when its skillset is being created, but the fact that I find most of its canon abilities to be unsuitable for a player environment is what keeps me from allowing its inception in the first place. Allow me to use a few abilities as an example:

Shambles - Teleportation-ish, which is an ability that would not work well in a stat-defined PvP battle. (I say this from experience)
ROOM - A type of AOE that allows the user, in a sense, free manipulation of anything he even grazes with his flying slashes. This ability is highly OP, and would create a complete imbalance of power even between evenly leveled characters.
Takt - This ability, while having a limited area of effect, is too much like Fuwa Fuwa no Mi. But, I actually find it to be even more overpowered, considering the fact that the user doesn't even actually need to touch said object to levitate it.

So, such abilities are what prevent me from even allowing someone to choose Ope Ope no Mi. Don't get me wrong, these abilities are what make the fruit awesome in canon, and Law certainly uses them more cleverly than a character on our site might, but that still doesn't change the fact that its core abilities are all inherently OP, no matter how much I try to nerf them.

Onto Energy-Energy fruit, which I realize is not a canon fruit and therefore not the main subject matter of your post. But, just so we've covered all of the banned fruits, here it is. This particular fruit supposedly allows the user to convert any form of energy into any other form of energy, including potential energy. 'Nuff said because I'm sure I don't need to explain why this sort of fruit should be unfeasible for a potentially PvP environment.

Now, the Kage Kage no Mi, Ito Ito no Mi, and Mira Mira no Mi are used as examples but not banned is because most of their abilities are acceptable and allowable for a PvP scenario. Only specific abilities that pertain to that fruit (which are mentioned in that post) are what are banned from use.

I hope that answers all your questions in a satisfying manner, and if you do decide to join us, welcome again! If you have any questions, you can always PM me! You might not see anyone around in the chatbox these days because Forumotion is having some issues with their default chatbox code, which seems to be affecting a lot of the sites hosted by it, including ours. But, if you do join, and would like to jump into our Discord server, just shoot me a PM requesting an invite!

Good luck on your adventures!

Sincerely,
Gray
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:11 pm
Fair enough.

I actually don't want any of the fruits n the banned list (Though I do understand that a lot of people might have wanted that ope ope xD) The fruit I want actually belongs to one of your NPCs currently lol. But I don't really need a fruit. It just feels weird having some of the fruits seen in the anime/manga just taken out like that to me. Could have at least gave them to NPCs, but not claimable if they are killed, so that they could still be a part of it in someway. I'm terrible sorry. I can be very petty at times.

I would still love to rp here, but I might need to get some things together first. ^^
Gray
Gray
The Conqueror / Black Fist
[tracker=/t131-tracker-gray-starks#504]
Name : Gray
Epithet : "The Conqueror"; "Black Fist"
Height : 10'2" (310 cm)
Weight : 1043 lbs (473 kg)
Species : Cyborg Human
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Lurking Legend (Former Yonkou)
Crew : Black Fist Pirates (Destroyed)
Ship : Sangria's Vane (Destroyed)
Crew Role : Captain (Former)
Devil Fruit : Pressure-Pressure Fruit
Bounty : [ber=r] 5,000,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.20
Shop Discount : -30%
Balance : [bel] 25,000,000,000
[[strollingdeath]][[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[childofdestiny]][[freakofnature]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:20 pm
Potential New Guy wrote:Fair enough.

I actually don't want any of the fruits n the banned list (Though I do understand that a lot of people might have wanted that ope ope xD) The fruit I want actually belongs to one of your NPCs currently lol. But I don't really need a fruit. It just feels weird having some of the fruits seen in the anime/manga just taken out like that to me. Could have at least gave them to NPCs, but not claimable if they are killed, so that they could still be a part of it in someway. I'm terrible sorry. I can be very petty at times.

I would still love to rp here, but I might need to get some things together first. ^^

Oh absolutely. Don't be sorry! I completely understand. And I did apply this technique to some NPCs, where I used up certain devil fruits that might have been far too troublesome for me to police for NPCs. And this could eventually become the case for the currently banned fruits too, but that's only if I can think up appropriate NPCs to give them to.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord