Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Episode] Mink-staken IdentityYesterday at 11:38 pmPikasso[World Event] A Fool's ErrandYesterday at 10:27 pmMoreau[Claims] Devil Fruit ClaimsYesterday at 8:51 pmRagnar[Advertisement] [Advertisement] Fate/Shards: AU Fate/stay night RPWed Mar 13, 2024 6:51 pmGuest[Arc] Dreams of Kings and Castles: Part III- Invocation Under StarlightThu Mar 07, 2024 4:24 amDoji[Episode] The Bloody ChamberMon Mar 04, 2024 5:22 pmNoah[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSun Mar 03, 2024 7:52 pmDoji[Tracker] Molly TohvThu Feb 29, 2024 10:47 pmMolly Tohv[Claims] Face ClaimsTue Feb 27, 2024 11:15 amGray
Go down
Maxwell
Maxwell
[Episode] Sea Anemone of My Enemy - Page 2 Vk6odI4
[tracker=/t139-richard-maxwell#516]
Name : Richard Maxwell
Epithet : Plague Rat
Height : 6'0" / 183 cm
Weight : 160 lbs. / 73 kg
Species : Human
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Supernova
Bounty : [bel=r] 243,000,000
Quality Score : S+
Income Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Shop Discount : -10%
Balance : [bel] 1,217,129,125
[[bookworm]][[firstaidkit]][[berryprinter]]
[[identitytheft]][[identitytheft]][[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Episode] Sea Anemone of My Enemy - Page 2 Empty Re: [Episode] Sea Anemone of My Enemy

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:28 am
Before the rat could retort or retaliate, the enraged octopus lifted all of its eight tentacles. [HT - Octo Rampage] He barely had time to squeak before the first one came down. “Eep.” Grabbing his hat, he ran for dear life. [LT - Leg It] The street shook beneath heavy impacts. Screams and yelps echoed across the canals. Among them was a rather polite string of exclamations. “‘Scuse me, pardon me, coming through.” The frightened rat had gotten pretty good at elbowing his way through crowds. Most of them were too stunned to stop him, but a couple of them managed to shove back. [UT]

The crook came to a skidding stop, when he reached the scene of the candyman taking on two foes at once. With the tentacled terror hot on his heels, he quickly figured that using his only ally around here as a meatshield would probably end badly. For both of them. So instead, he swallowed the clump of fear in his throat and turned to face his foe. Sidestepping several slams, he snuck closer like it was a dance. Waltz to be exact. Jana’s favorite... Brushing the thought aside, he pulled out something small from his sleeve. A sharp blade shined in the sunlight. With a swift and unceremonious motion, he stabbed it right into the monster mount’s eye. [HT - Backstab] [UT] It recoiled with what sounded far too much like a pained scream.

Finally the wounds and the poison caught up with the octopus. The trashing tentacles fell limp, as the beast collapsed. It even caught the pirate captain off-guard. “Fifi, nooo!” His beady eyes burned with fury as they turned onto the culprit. “You damned rat... You’ll pay for that!” Brandishing two long blades, he postured and fumed. “I’m gonna drag you down to Davy Jones’ locker! You’re gonna have a little bit of Captain in you! I will-!” The rest was much of the same, including a vivid description of how he would defile the rat’s corpse. Thankfully there were no children present.

While Salty Sam was busy shouting creative threats, Richard dared to turn his attention towards the fearsome Mushiba. He dug into his deep pockets and produced the tiniest vial of clear liquid. If glass bottles could be cute, this was definitely up there. “Heads up, friend!” He promptly chucked the vial to his partner in crime. “Drink it.” He ducked beneath an angry swing from another fishman before muttering beneath his breath. “...Or don’t. Your funeral.” What his cryptic comment meant was that a lot of people were about to find out his epithet... If the candyman caught the vial and opened it, he would find it held a stinging, sterile stench that brought the interior of a hospital to mind. Rest assured, the taste wasn’t any better. Antidote wasn’t supposed to taste good, you know.

Words: 464
Total: 3811

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Maxwell on Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total

[Episode] Sea Anemone of My Enemy - Page 2 Empty Re: [Episode] Sea Anemone of My Enemy

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:24 pm
Brood uses AOE[Marutōsu no Fukkatsu] on Scaly Shane and Seafloor Sid.
Brood uses UT on Scaly Shane and Seafloor Sid.

Scaly Shane and Seafloor Sid uses MT on Brood.
Scaly Shane and Seafloor Sid uses LT on Brood.
Scaly Shane and Seafloor Sid uses UT on Brood.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Brood on Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:49 am; edited 3 times in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

Name : Variable
Epithet : Variable
Height : Variable
Weight : Variable
Species : Variable
Faction : Variable
Crew : Variable
Ship : Variable
Crew Role : Variable
Devil Fruit : Variable
Bounty : Variable
Balance : Variable

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:24 pm
The member 'Brood' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 10, 6

--------------------------------

#2 'Reflex Check' : 10, 15, 9, 5
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:32 am
Brood uses MT[Satsujin-tekina Musukobādo] on Scaly Shane and Seafloor Sid.
Brood uses LT[Kyūban Satsujin] on Scaly Shane and Seafloor Sid.
Brood uses LT[Furēbāpoppu] on Scaly Shane and Seafloor Sid.
Brood uses UT on Scaly Shane and Seafloor Sid.

Scaly Shane and Seafloor Sid uses MT on Brood.
Scaly Shane and Seafloor Sid uses UT on Brood.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Brood on Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:56 am; edited 3 times in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:32 am
The member 'Brood' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 9, 6, 15, 4

#2 'Reflex Check' : 15, 11, 8, 9
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:23 pm

OOC: (-eh is a cough; -ee is a weeze)

Brood had prepared to end this fight, but found himself being called out to by a familiar voice. The Plague Rat tossed him something strange within a vial and without hesitation Brood drank down the mixture. If it was the intention of Maxwell to betray Brood, he'd have done so easily given how trusting Brood happened to be towards people once they struck up a contract.

It was the privateer way to never question one's assets or employers. Without having trust and faith in those meant to watch your back, you could find yourself being mauled, murdered or otherwise massacred by the enemy forces. It was just a flaw that Brood had uniquely for himself, something that he never had much exposure too in his past. Everyone that he associated with held loyalty as one of their primary tenets. Anyone who showed duplicity would face a swift and terrible death.

Perhaps such a belief was why Brood didn't seem to believe in sparing innocents on jobs. He figured that if you cohabitated with one another, your loyalty meant you had to stand by your fellow man. That was why whenever he was hired on a job to sow fear into a nation, he'd make a grand gesture of it by electing several hundred of the denizens of any given place to be thatched to candy cane crosses.

It was a great display of unity for his victims and for that he must have come across as some sort of heroic figure to the world. At least in his own mind. Brood never did much without there being some greater meaning behind it.

Many people thought him a wild animal with anger issues and those people would prove to be half correct in such an assertion. in truth, Brood was a very methodical individual. He liked the showmanship of being a pirate.

That was one of the reasons that he respected the style that the Rat had. That marine that was here with them earlier didn't have any style or substance at all. Which was why he was nowhere to be seen. It was a shame really, Brood could have swore he saw potential in the man. But Brood had been wrong in the past, so it was no big deal now.

It was likely a bad idea to even take the time to think of these things in the middle of a fight, which might have explained why Brood felt a pain in his stomach.

Apparently the opening created by the rodent calling out to him provided the space needed for Shane to drive the heel of his boot right into Brood's sternum, causing the candy coated colossi to roll backwards like a ball of dough. Brood didn't spit out any blood despite the free hit, however. The attack might have landed solid on less observant individuals...

But many didn't realize that Brood was a master of Observation Haki. He had been for quite some time in his life, though he could never properly utilize in a manner that he'd rely on. Though who knew what the future would hold for him. For now, he had caught the opening before any real damage could be inflicted upon himself. Luckily, his opponent didn't hide any blades in their shoe. Or that might have ended badly for the savior of sucrose.

Brood rose up to his feet shortly after, predicting the incoming attack from the Sid and his meaty seashell club. Brood couldn't move out of the way in time and therefore had to throw up both of his arms to block the incoming blow. Which caused the candy man to cursed underneath his breath as he felt the strain on his forearms. Luckily, he was able to stop the attack right in its tracks long enough to get his wits about him.

As Shane seemed to try and close the distance once more, the fructose fiend gathered a great deal of sugar around his feet and erected a pillar upwards that let him push the conch shell out of the way, while also providing him with a temporary vantage point.

He didn't stay aboard the large construct for long, however, as he immediately caused the construct to lose it's structural integrity and collapse downwards like a wave over Sid, washing away the fishman and removing him from the fight temporarily.

Brood knew that he'd have to take on each of these individuals one-on-one if he wanted to truly put them down in a manner that wouldn't cause any permanent scars on him. That chainsaw pike wasn't any joke and while he didn't have any concerns about the fat one, his strength would be a problem if Shane created a good enough opening in Brood's defense.

The time for talking had long since passed, but Brood knew that if he could get rid of these idiots quickly, then he'd escape before the Marines sent anyone of strength here.

He'd call out, without looking at the Plague Rat, addressing the man with a voice that was calm yet strained. "Aim for his gills, I know you're not opposed to fighting dirty." It was a bit of advice for the man to follow, though he didn't have too. Brood was certain that he fought on a more regular basis than the Doctor. So he gave him a bit of aid as repayment for whatever the hell this serum happened to be.

{ 907 | 5586 | 5000 }

Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:54 am
Round 4

Richard uses AoE Fumigation on Salty Sam.
Richard uses UT on Salty Sam.

Salty Sam uses MT Damn You on Richard.
Salty Sam uses LT Slice on Richard.
Salty Sam uses LT Dice on Richard.
Salty Sam uses UT on Richard.

NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:54 am
The member 'Maxwell' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 19, 3

#2 'Reflex Check' : 1, 13, 14, 5
Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:27 am
Much to the chemist’s pleasant surprise, his ally actually drank the concoction on the spot. The fellow didn’t even ask any intrusive questions like 'what’s in this' and 'is this toxic'. It was good to see that there were still people out on these seas who would put their trust on a complete stranger. If only everyone could be so trusting... His trade would’ve been far easier.

When the grim man offered some combat advice, Richard took note. “You call it fighting dirty, I call it fighting smart.” He liked the way this fellow thought. The advice was solid too. He could imagine that jamming a finger, or something sharper, into their gills would cause quite some pain... Sadly, his shaking legs were still voting for a retreat. The steroid was wearing off and his unnatural strength was rapidly fading. Getting into a melee right now didn’t sound too appealing... So of course, in his haste he backed right into a wall. The pirates swarmed around him like fish before feeding time, while their leader was still ranting about killing him so hard that he would die to death, or something along those lines. Honestly, he had stopped listening by now.

Surrounded and out of escape routes, the rat tugged the brim of his hat lower. A dark shadow hid his features. His hand dipped into his pocket and grasped a flask much bigger than the rest. Pitch black liquid sloshed ominously in its transparent prison. “Now now, gentlemen... Let’s all just take a deep breath... With the shrill sound of glass shattering into countless shards, a cloud of thick, dark gas suddenly swallowed the area. A chorus of confused gasps and coughs slowly twisted into bloody hacking and wheezing. Disgusting splatters of yellow and red mixed together stained the ground. Several pirates collapsed on the spot, while the sturdier and smarter retreated back into the water.

By now, the candyman would learn the true effect of the dubious potion he had just downed... The antidote protected him completely from the cloud of grim toxins lingering in the air. While the air held the distinct taste of death and disease, like walking through the slums of any unfortunate island, it wasn’t any harder to breathe. Even his vision wasn’t all that clouded from the smokescreen. In stark contrast, the weaklings all around him stumbled with teary, bloodshot eyes, like they were fumbling in the dark. The only other person who remained unaffected was, naturally, the rat himself.

Even the fearsome captain of the fishy crew was clutching his gut weakly. Every breath burned, sending scorching pain from his gills all the way to his heart. “Gah... What kind of sick disease is this...?!” His angry, breathless question was met with a curt correction. “Poison.” He could only stare back blankly. “What.” The utterly flat disbelief was taken as a question regardless. “It’s a poison, not a disease. A small, but important distinction.” His ratty foe clung to the terminology insistently. Unfortunately, the fishman was in no mood for technicalities. Summoning impressive strength from his dying muscles, he lunged at the foe and swung his cutlass twice. “Die!” The blade sliced and diced, drawing blood, shredded cloth and panicked yelps with each swing.

Words: 542
Total: 4353

COMBAT TRACKERS:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:09 am

Shane and Sid seemingly recovered during the brief window in which Brood had paid no attention to them, though their visage was now far more different than he had recognized earlier. The pair seemed to have their faces contorted in such a manner that it showcased wicked smiles on either of their faces and as the pair encircled Brood, he prepared for the worst.

He noticed something very strange about the pair, something that he had not paid attention too in the past. Their weapons where not the same as they had been before. In fact, it appeared as though each one was covered in the same black darkness that Brood could make his arms look like from time to time. Although he was not aware that they were utilizing armament haki alongside their natural predatory fish enhancements, Brood cautiously raised his fists, as he was now ready to deal with the incoming assault from these

Brood's eyes narrowed momentarily, feeling his own observation haki run out. In that moment, his opponents were upon him. He felt the crack of the weight shell right against his calve, causing Brood's eyes to widen in pain. He hadn't predicted the attacks of his opponents, perhaps it was due to all the hesitating that he had done only moments before? He didn't have a chance to contemplate the factors of his own downfall.

His body was launched away from the current location by a shoulder tackle from the lankier fishman, Shane. Brood couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of dread creep into his mind as his body rolled backwards like a bowling ball. Only to have Sid appear behind him and swing the conch shell like some sort of golf club. The loud cracking noise from shell to spine could be heard as the sugar-man was sent flying off into the great blue yonder. But before he could gain enough distance to clear the buildings, he found himself being grasped by the collar. Shane had managed to leap up and grasp hold of him, sending him plummeting straight down into the earth.

The resulting crash into stone cobbled streets below caused blood to spurt from the corners of Brood's mouth, though he wasn't out of the woods just yet. Hearing the revving from above, he quickly rolled out of the way from the chain-saw pike, as it was driven straight into the ground. These boys weren't playing around with him anymore.

"So.. you arrogant bastard... How do you like our feeding frenzy?" Shane stated with arrogance in his voice. Reflecting on his ability with a gleeful tone to his voice. A voice which now sounded far more gravely than it had been before.

Brood held his ribs all the while, looking up at his two opponents with a thousand mile stare. Though to them it likely appeared to be nothing more than a glare.

The chunky boy was behind him yet again, swinging down his hammer-like instrument downward, in an attempt to crush the skull of Brood and leave him on the floor as nothing more than a pile of memories. But Sid overestimated his own abilities, not paying attention to the poison released from the rat deviant.

Immediately the bulkier man clutched at his own gills, allowing Brood the opportunity to roll out of the way before the hammer came down. He'd use the spreading infection to his advantage, by combing the poison with the sugar that he had already infected his foes with. Causing Sid to bleed from his eyelids. A sight that caused great panic within Shane himself.

Shane rushed over towards his blood brother, being somehow immune to the poison, likely due to his own great amount of haki forcing it out of his system. He'd put his hands upon his friend's shoulders, looking him over panicked.

Brood took this moment to rest up, building a great deal of sugar in his right hand and looking over towards Maxwell. Seeing if the man was about to pull some miracle out of his ass against these Fishman.

Brood closed his eyes shortly thereafter. Thinking back to the last time he was this outclassed.

{ 694 | 6280 | 5000 }

Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:03 am
Round 5

Richard uses MT Blunt Trauma on Salty Sam.
Richard uses LT Lights Out on Salty Sam.
Richard uses LT Sucker Punch on Salty Sam.
Richard uses UT on Salty Sam.

Salty Sam uses MT Shocker on Richard.
Salty Sam uses LT Stabby on Richard.
Salty Sam uses LT Stab Stab on Richard.

NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:03 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 15, 7, 15, 9

#2 'Reflex Check' : 16, 19, 3, 20
Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:04 am
Much to Richard’s growing dismay and disbelief, his stubborn foe continued to defy death. Instead of simply collapsing, as was the proper response, the eel monster kept coming. Of course the doctor was familiar with the legends of how fishmen were ten -or even twenty, depending on the source- times stronger than any average human... But they were supposed to be just legends! This felt like a horror story come to life. Panic bubbled inside his mind and surged through his veins like paralyzing poison. His movements slowed and reactions dulled. Instincts took over and flailing arms failed to keep the approaching attacker away.

Fear... was the worst kind of venom.

With every step shared, the waltz grew more violent. The fighters traded dirty, desperate blows. Punches against slashes, kicks against slices. Streaks of crimson painted the ground at their feet. A single slow reaction led to the eel fishman snapping forward with a massive bite, his teeth digging into the rat’s hide. Electricity crackled. Sparks flashed. The painful shock left the rat’s hair and whispers rather frizzled. In a vindictive response, he delivered a nasty sucker punch that must’ve resonated through the fishman’s swim bladder. At least the pained groan suggested so. Both combatants staggered, coughing and gasping. There was nothing graceful about this bloody brawl.

Richard was the first to recover. He brought both hands to the handle of his heavy suitcase and twisted his body like a golfer preparing a swing. A hefty blow sent the eel skidding backwards. That should have left a concussion... But he wasn’t about to take any chances. Slowly, carefully he closed the gap between them. While his foe writhed weakly, feigned politeness slithered through the air. "Would you kindly...” Looming over the weakened enemy, he lifted his blunt instrument like an oversized brick.. “...just die already?" The suitcase came down with all the force and fury the cornered rat could muster. ...Which admittedly wasn’t a lot. Still, that definitely left a concussion.

Wounded and winded, the old doctor took the chance to catch his breath. He cast a glance at his ally, hoping the eerie fellow was having better luck. However, upon seeing the candyman struggling, he quickly decided that ignorance was bliss and averted his eyes. Nope, he had most definitely not seen his only ally outclassed to the point of spurting blood from his mouth. No sirree. Everything was just fine and dandy over there. Maybe if he kept repeating that inside his head, eventually he would start believing it. Positive thinking was all the rage nowadays, right? Right.

Words: 430
Total: 4783

COMBAT TRACKERS:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:01 pm

Brood did his best not to allow the memory of his past to flood into his mind. Yet he could not combat the nostalgic feeling that started to enter his body. Of a time before he ever had the abilities that he did now. Back when he had to rely on his own physical prowess to defeat his opponents. Something that seemed to be essential to defeating the foes before him now. He couldn't rely on his fruit... he had to rely on himself...

As the cool waves of the endless ocean restlessly pounded away against Brood's flesh, he could do naught but look over to his gang's leader, Datto Azernaw, with a look of relaxion. Brood's handsome and unmarred face showcased why he was starting to be called Koibito (Sweetheart) by the many women that lived here in Spindly Point, and his skill as a bandit was higher than most his age. His hair was so long that it flowed down to the back of his knees and his body was lithe yet muscular. He truly appeared to be gorgeous by all accounts.

To put it bluntly, few individuals living today could achieve as much as Brood could, not that he cared all that much.

What he did care about, however, was how Datto was squandering all that the group had achieved here in this port town. Resting on his laurels without aiming higher in any capacity. Such stagnation brought a feeling of disgust to the fashionably wicked youth, though he knew he couldn't challenge Datto. The man had been like a father to Brood. He'd die for him, that much was for certain. No matter how annoyed he got with the antics of the group that he found himself hitched to.

"Don't think I won't be bringing up your little outburst later, Xaldin. You are still green. You have no right questioning how I run this organization, especially in front of my top guys. You're lucky you earn a lot for us or I'd hav-" He found himself cut off by a rather lifeless reply from the bitter boy, "Breeewhaha, don't make me laugh Datto-kun. I'm the strongest man on this entire island. You shouldn't threaten your star player. I live a simple life. I fuck, I fight and a I fuck some more."  

Brood paused as he looked over towards his boss, eyes narrowing momentarily as he spoke in a more serious tone. "You're not going to do a damn thing. Because you need me. The rest of these guys would topple over to a small breeze. You'd see that if we just left this fucking island behind and expan-" As if it were an act of supreme karma, he found himself cut off by Datto. Signifying the struggle for power between these two entities.  

"You little shit, don't you get smart with me. I might value you, sure. But I'm not afraid to cut your fucking tongue out and have you walk around here like some small mute bitch stealing shit in a desert. Things where better when you didn't bother to show up to the meetings. Your actions reminded me why that is. I will NEVER promote you. Do you understand me you fucking overconfident, overly talkative prick. NEVER."

A moment of silence washed over the area as Datto went back to drinking his brew. Brood found himself speechless for the first time in a long time. Taking in the words from his father figure before and audible '-tch' left his lips and he slid his hands behind his head. He was the strongest around for miles. He deserved more in life. Fucking around with these low-tiered, low-ambition assholes was a waste of time. It just fueled the anger deep within himself that he never unleashed, for it was messy and disgusting.

Brood closed his eyes, contemplating on what it would take to finally be somebody in the eyes of Datto. To matter more in the grand scheme of things. His life was pretty sweet, but he was sure that he could be outright spoiled rotten if they left this island. The comforts of the high life were all that he needed. But he'd never achieve such grandiose and lofty ambitions if he was stuck playing games here. He needed a change. But unfortunately today would be like any other.

Or so he thought.

Campbell and Hobbs found themselves running down the docks at full speed. Breathing heavily before Hobbs cried out in pain and toppled over. His back slicked red with a massive scar seeping blood from the wound. Campbell continued to run as fast as he could. shouting out at the top of his lungs that an intruder had breached their makeshift base, which was a large factory refurbished to hold the entire bandit crew. Acting as their epicenter of power. All of the groups officers were here and each was alerted to the noise.

Though Campbell didn't have much time to elaborate on what he said, as a hissing noise rang out and silenced the incoming ally. One of the lower-ranked grunts came running out of the back of the factory. Where there was a long pier. It was on this pier that Datto sat drinking down his grog, while Brood wafted in the water on the beach nearby. The grunt explained that an intruder managed to break through the entrance of the building, but hadn't made a move against the group just yet.

Astonished and half drunk, Datto raised his large frame up from the small chair that held him up, causing an audible squeak of the wood as he turned and rubbed his potbelly. Something he hadn't had back when he first took Brood underneath his wing. "C'mere boy. Time to go see what all this commotion is about. Don't drag your goddamn feet."

Brood lurched forward, yawning all the while, not bothering to dry himself off as he headed up the beach, grasping the handle of the ax and the sword that he had. Keeping both weapons out as he lazily followed his boss, though he kept the same smug smirk on his face. Showcasing that Brood was very full of himself and confident in his ability alone to repel whatever force showed itself towards him and his gang.

As Datto and Brood entered the factory, they saw a lone individual standing opposite of their entire gang. A man with a sickly attractive smile and a lithe body. With hair longer than Brood had ever seen on a man, wielding two rapiers that were completely pristine. He could have swore he heard hissing from the blades, but he didn't have time to observe the man any closer.

Datto barked his orders quickly, "Alright men, lets see how our all-star handles this intruder, the rest of you go out and search for any stragglers." Datto moved himself to one of the nearby loungers, taking a load off as they say. Making sure to watch Brood with what appeared to be a hint of disdain behind his eyes. While true the pair hadn't gotten along in awhile... Brood never paid too much attention to the signs that Datto was... different now-a-days.

Brood's smile widened as he walked forward. The hunter before him didn't even bother to react towards the men that rushed past him and out of the door. Instead he walked forward to face Brood in one on one combat. Feeling overwhelmed and with the spotlight planted firmly on him. Brood did his best not to look intimidated by the man before him. He'd never show his back to an opponent, though he was not afraid to play dead should things go the wrong way here.

"I feel so bad for you. Of all the straws you could have drawn, you picked the shortest one. I suppose I should tell you know that no one will ever find your remains. If you have any loved ones, I do hope that you told them goodbye before you sailed out here today. The pain you shall experience will be euphoric and will last for quite some time." Brood droned on and his opponent allowed him too.

"I won't end this fight quickly, I want you to embrace the suffering that comes with defying our family. For I, Brood Xaldin Bach, shall give you an education unlike anything you've ever had in the past. In fact, if you get on your knees and beg right now. I shall let you join our group. Despite the fact that you've wronged our people. It will be the most complete display of dominance over another person." The unnamed hunter began to chuckle softly.

"You laugh, but know that I am the hero of this story. You are but a footnote and I shall make sure you are forgotten. Some may call me arrogant, but I am the greatest man on this island. I am goin to become the King of Bandits someday, just you wait. My nakama here with me will be avenged. Hell, I'll even allow you to choose how I avenge them. Do you want to be cut in half? Minced? Crushed? So many options for you to pick from." Brood began to get low into a stance, one that would let him swing with full force.

"A man should always act with decisiveness and speak when it's suitable to the situation. Otherwise..." The last thing that Brood would see was the blades extending towards him. A flash of bright light followed by a sanguine darkness, his body falling backwards before a loud crack filled the air. His vision impaired, his breathing slowed and his hearing becoming deafening. He could not even feel his own muscles as blood poured from his face.

"A shame. Now for the rest of you."

Brood's eyes ripped open as he heaved heavily. He realized, that what he needed to do wasn't related to his swordsmanship or his ability to use an axe. He was a nobody before he had his devil fruit. An arrogant little prick that couldn't take the time to figure out the best course of action in any situation. No... he was different now. He definitely needed to rely on his fruit more than he needed to rely on himself.

He was stronger now. He was the bomb. In fact... these fishy fucks were also bombs. The time for fucking around had finally come to an end. Raising up to his feet, he threw his hands upwards over his head and screamed out like a banshee. The veins in his eyes pulsating right before the...

Pop.

A devastatingly large pink flamed explosion filled the area and took with it not only the two opponents that he designated as his prey, but a large swath of the fishman that challenged him. Brood stood in the epicenter of the explosion, his eyes focusing on the Rat that was seemingly adverting his gaze away from Brood. It was the proper response... looking away. Brood would never be weak now that he had his fruit. He could avenge his loss now. Not through martial arts, but through the power of his sweet abilities.

As the pink inferno raged all around him, Brood grew a crooked smile over towards his ally and approached him in a hobble. Like some sort of madman with a bad hip.

"Come, we need to find a place to hide out until the Marines mop up the rest of these...fried frish."

Brood made his way over towards the Doctor, wiping blood from his mouth. his body seemingly repairing itself... somehow as he approached. If Richard was observant, he'd notice that from the corpses that littered the area, Brood drew in an abundance of sugar from them. Reducing them to withered and shriveled husks. "This way..." He spoke calmly, moving towards one of the buildings that were charred by the flames he conjured. He made his way through the complex and out the back. To a street that was untouched by the mayhem happening on the road they left behind.

"I was meaning to ask you, what brings a man like you here? You don't seem the type to need a ship. Why come to Water 7 at all?" Brood was talking in a measured way. So that he didn't overly do it. Though he did have his curiosities, which were going to figured out before he left this island. One way or another.

It was time to get to know his fellow supernova.

{ 2,088 | 8368 | 5000 }

Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:39 am
Round 6

Richard uses nothing and instead waits for the poison to finish the job.

Salty Sam uses AoE Last Gasp on Richard.

NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:39 am

'Reflex Check' : 14, 4
Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:05 am
A massive, pink explosion shook the street. The shockwave painted the white walls of the nearest building with streaks of crimson, like stripes on a gigantic candy cane. Richard flinched as he felt something splatter against his jacket. Trembling like a deer before a predator, he ever so slowly shifted his gaze back towards the source of the carnage. Much to his dismay, there was a smile... Of course there was always a smile... Desperate to escape eye-contact, he glanced down. ...Where corpses were withering away. Lovely. If he were to guess, this was the result of a cursed fruit. Well, that or some sort of demonic power. Same difference, really. Both were born from a deal with the devil, no?

The coward snapped out of his fearful pondering when the madman... made a good point, actually. He adjusted his tie out of nervous habit. “Right, right, a capital idea, friend. The best one of the day, really.” However, as he went to follow, something suddenly latched onto his ankle. Tightly. A raspy, blood-dripping voice sent chills down his spine. “Not... so... fast...” He recoiled with a very high-pitched shriek. It was almost impressive. His flailing arms nearly dropped the precious suitcase while trying to use it as a shield.

...Against an attack that never came.

With one last gasp, the beaten captain fell limp. The toxins running through his veins finally squeezed the final beat out of his heart. Yet even in death, his scaly claw clung onto the foe. It took much tugging and shaking to slip free. The fearful rat backed away and already reached for his gun, half-expecting the enemy to get back up one last time... His rational mind reminded him that nothing, not even vengeance, could bring back the dead. Such occurrences were just misdiagnosed heart-attack patients and silly horror stories. Still, he couldn’t help but feel that the corpse was glaring at him... And rigor mortis didn’t set in that quickly...

Richard took a couple of steps backwards... Swallowed the clump of fear clinging to his throat with an audible gulp... And quickly scurried after Brood. He caught up quickly enough, on the account of his pace being anything but calm. Exiting out to the street, he reflexively glanced back and forth before tugging the brim of his hat lower. Each old habit was etched deep into his subconscious. More than one nervous glance was cast towards the candyman as well. He shuddered to imagine what manner of twisted thoughts went through that monster’s mind.

However, the gentleman never turned down an opportunity for small-talk. In fact, the distraction was much appreciated. It almost made this maniac seem human. ...Almost. “Well, you aren’t wrong with your assessment. I much prefer stowing away on a ship that isn’t mine.” The irony wasn’t lost on him. “But ships are still the key, see?” He lifted a pointing finger, gesturing towards some lavishly dressed folk. One gentleman wore a suit and a tophat at least twice as expensive as anything he owned, while the lady next to him glimmered like a christmas tree decorated with jewels. “Everyone knows that the best shipwrights all come from here. Where there are great ships, there are wealthy buyers.” And where there were wealthy buyers, there was the self-proclaimed entrepreneur.

Not that he would admit that last part out loud.

While the duo walked and chatted, the doctor took the opportunity to slyly tend to his wounds. Every now and then his free hand would dip into his pocket for something or the other. A couple drops of disinfectant, some gauze and bandages, an injection of something green... The motions were masked as him adjusting his torn suit or idly brushing his whiskers. “So, you could call this a business trip. People to meet, deals to make, that sort of thing.“ His words kept flowing naturally as well. If there was one thing he was good at, it was talking. “How about you then? Here for business or leisure?” He had his guesses, but it was not polite to assume.

Words: 680
Total: 5463

COMBAT TRACKERS:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:46 am

Brood listened with the intensity of a man that looked like he was one wrong word away from snapping and killing someone with an icepick. That was to say the he was listening attentively to the Rat. It was one of the skills that Brood prided himself on having at any rate. So there was no reason for him to interrupt the man. He even paid attention to the fact that there were plenty of rich bitches around here to make deals with.

Richard was proving to be someone far more useful than Brood had first anticipated. So far, Brood had merely meandered across the sea causing wanton destruction to wherever he went. He wanted to establish a business of some sort in the blues, but he never had a solid idea before. But he was starting to put two and two together.

It was all thanks to Richard of course! That man was just chalked full of brains. It really offset the cowardice that would have otherwise caused Brood to consider using the dapper man as a light of flesh. Regardless of those ill thought thoughts, however, Brood could do little beyond beam his shiny teeth towards the plague-born soldier.

"I came here to resupply before heading deeper into the Grandline. But you've given me a great idea. If there are people here that are rich, they will likely be the target of grifters, charlatans, brigands and other unsavory types. Perhaps..."

He started to do high level math, but he was always just a pretty face. Math was for losers and Brood... well baby Brood was a winner... and a chad.

"There must be plenty of cowards out there whom need other people to do the heavy lifting for them. Perhaps I can provide some aid there. Helping you today coupled with this conversation has given me many things to mull over." He could imagine it now... becoming the top mogul of helping people out that couldn't help themselves.

Such a thought was enough to cause Brood to salivate. wait... how long had he gone without coughing again?

Brood held his stomach and doubled over, falling onto one hand and his knees. Immediately he started to throw up profusely, causing a large glittery rainbow of sugary throw-up to come pouring out of his mouth. It smelt fantastic, like fresh fruits picked right off their vines.

Mushiba was clearly in pain however, attempting to hold back from passing out due to the sheer volume in which he was producing. There was a reason he decided to often just deal with all of the coughing. When he went for too long a period without coughing... this often happened. The salivation became overbearing.. and he had to just let it all out in one big go. There was no way he was going to just keep making this same mistake in the future. Right?

Without skipping a beat, Brood rose back up and started to talk to Richard as though nothing had just occurred.

"Why are you-ee a pirate anyway, Mr. Rat-eh. Eh-You strike me as more of an Underworld-ee kind of guy." Brood was well aware of the underworld given that he had always had a hand in it. Never as a player, but he had enforced for people involved in that world in the past.

He didn't even know what it was that the supposed good doctor utilized in his trade. He knew that he drank down some strange liquid shit earlier that didn't do a damn thing. But beyond that, Maxwell was a fucking mystery to the sugary saint.

"That and... I hope you are selling-ee something more useful-eh than whatever it was you gave me earlier...Eh." He could imagine it now... becoming the top mogul of helping people out that couldn't help themselves.

Brood nodded to himself. Marveled at how well he was making small talk with a complete stranger. One that he didn't have to threaten to disembowel. One that he didn't have to torture. This was a major breakthrough in his personal quest of becoming somebody in the wider scheme of the world.

Actually, this might have been a good chance to make a strong bond with the doctor. He was too much of a pussy for Brood to even entertain the idea of inviting him to the crew. But he was fucking stylish and that was pretty damn cool in Brood's book over-all. Cool enough to warrant the man a large number of free passes on little things that would normally trigger Brood into a violent rage.

Maybe they could team up again in the future.

{ 771 | 9139 | 5000 }

Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:55 am
Physical wounds and illnesses were easy to treat. Mental ones on the other hand... Well, there was no cure for cowardice. Even alcohol was just a temporary measure. So Richard was forced to simply tough it out after patching himself up physically. His best bet was keeping his eyes ahead, his attention on the conversation and his hand near his trusty gun... To call his new acquaintance an utterly terrifying maniac would’ve been an understatement, with or without adding ‘fucking’ as an adjective in there somewhere. His dangerously vivid imagination was busy painting horror pictures of the fellow simply snapping and... W-well, best not to think of that.

Fortunately, the talk of business was a welcome distraction. The rat listened closely, always eager to... appropriate good ideas for his own use. This one wasn’t exactly his style, but that didn’t make it a bad idea either. “Heh, I like the way you think. You’re right. See, the rule of supply and demand can be applied to many things...” Briefly distracted by a shiny, his eyes were drawn to another walking money bag with emerald earrings. Oh and the lady herself was fine as well, he supposed. “When protection is in high demand, you supply it to the highest bidder...” His smile sharpened. “And if people start thinking the seas are safe enough for them to sail alone, well, it would be a shame if something happened to those poor, defenseless souls, no?” Protection racket was a classic that manifested in many forms.

The doctor snapped out of his greedy pondering when his acquaintance suddenly keeled over. He watched with cold, clinical composure as the man promptly unloaded everything onto the sidewalk. An oddly sugary smell filled the air, like someone had stomped on a fruit basket. The colors didn’t quite match the usual stomach contents either. He hadn’t seen anything this fascinating in ages. Old habits did die hard, so his mind immediately went to leaf through the medical records in the shelves of his memory. Considering the constant coughing and wheezing, along with this display... Some form of pneumonitis, perhaps... The inflammation of lungs could be caused by any number of things, from diseases to injuries and even overexposure to certain things. But without actual tests, he was just theorizing.

Meanwhile, another part of the criminal was silently wondering where the fellow kept his money pouch... You know... In case anything unfortunate happened. “Sooo... Are you okay or...?” However, as soon as he had voiced any sort of concern, the sturdy guy stood back up like nothing had ever happened. “...Alright then.” A regular occurrence, judging by the quick recovery. He reached into his pocket and dug out a carton of condensed cancer. Slipping one stick between his lips, he rummaged his pockets for his favorite lighter. Silver gleamed in the sun. A quiet click trailed in the air... Another... Third... Yet no spark. Had it gotten wet in the fight?

When Brood brought up the p-word, Richard briefly paused his attempts and immediately protested. “Entrepreneur.” His bitter, defensive mutter was practically a reflex at this point. After managing to finally light his cigarette, he clarified his stance on the rather slanderous accusation. “I believe the term you were looking for is entrepreneur.” Breathing out a puff of smoke, he brought a hand to his heart. “I’m a perfectly honest businessman, see.” He lied without a shred of remorse. Taking another drag, he mumbled quietly to no one in particular. “Doctor for twenty years and nobody remembers... But steal from one guy...” Life was unfair like that. He let out a deep sigh of gray haze.

“Anyway...”

The rat let his gaze keep wandering the busy streets. An Underworld kind of guy... Eh? The idea had passed his mind many times. And then kept walking. This time, however, it did stop to at least present itself properly. “Usefulness is a matter of opinion. Make no mistake, friend. Everything I sell is useful to someone. And I sell all sorts of things.” At least when it wasn’t just colored sugar water. “I could even sell you something for that little... breathing problem... of yours.” He left the thought hanging in the air, giving it a chance to linger. Making business was a lot like growing crops. You had to plant the seeds at the right time.

Returning to the topic of the Underworld, the criminal cast a suspicious glance over his shoulder. Another old habit. His voice turned into a hushed whisper. “As for the Underworld... Well... Let’s just say that connections are everything. Not what you know, but who you know, see?” To make it big in those shady circles, you had to know big players. “And while I do know plenty of folk... Some of those folk might not necessarily be happy about knowing me if you catch my meaning... Even that was putting it lightly. Turns out that stealing from important figures and big players was a great way to find enemies. Go figure.

Words: 836
Total: 6299

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:18 pm

Did this man just say that he wanted Brood to preform some sort of disturbingly homoerotic service for him? Brood would have to decline should it come to that. Though he knew better than to just jump to conclusions immediately.

He wasn't some weird ass creature that liked to garchu people or anything like that.

He listened carefully and realized quickly that Richard was probably some old ass person that was old and shit. This was observed rather astutely due to this wave of knowledge that Richard laid down on young Brood. Which hurt Brood's head. This man had been around the block for awhile, that much was for sure. He didn't look it though. At least not to Brood. Rich only looked about 30 years old in his opinion.

Brood began to laugh, though it merely sounded like he was having an incredibly powerful coughing and wheezing fit. "Eheheeeheeehehee." He wiped a tear from his eye and flicked it off to the side, causing a small indent once it landed against the floor. He couldn't believe what he heard. This Richard character was quite the wild card. Being able to solve his coughing problem? How preposterous.

"Perhaps-ee if this was onset by-ee sickness, but its merely-eh the eh-downside to my eh-power as an ability-user-ee. I either-eh have to drool to-eh release all that ee-excess sugar... or I eh-end up coughing-ee if I restrain the eh-urge-ee to drool. I can eh-hold back both the drool-ee and the coughing-ee, but then I'll-eh throw-up." He couldn't help but smile towards Richard. The man was nicer than he assumed that someone called a Rat would be.

Not that being nice was a weakness. Quite the contrary. It showcased that he had a good mind for business. One both needed a firm hand yet a gentle one in order to establish relationships with clients and potential partners alike. Brood was well aware of this.

"But more to the point. You're right." His drooling was rather intense now, as he chose to stop restraining the need to drool. "It is all about connections. But if you have some people that wouldn't like to see you... rise through the criminal underworld. I suppose I could always deal with those people for you. That is the basis of my new business idea anyway. I want to be a privateer." He puffed his chest out a bit as he thought about it. He wasn't just some hulking criminal that liked to cause destruction for no reason.

He wanted to create a paradise for his Nakama.

"I will set up a base of operations in the North Blue, on an island called Notice. If I can set up a base there, I should be able to fund this new role. That island is known as a popular vacation spot." He shared all of these things with Richard because Richard chose to aid him in a situation where Richard could have ran away. For Brood that was enough of a gesture to garner some form of trust. Just like it had with most members of his actual crew.

Maybe Brood would go ahead and offer Maxwell free lodging on Notice if he ever stopped back over that way.

He'd look over the sharply dressed man with his own smile fading away. His sugar-high finally wearing off and the taciturn nature that was a staple to brood slipping back into his being. He'd snort for a moment and then cross his arms. Leaning up against the wall behind him and smiling towards Maxwell. "Do you have a base of operations? Or are you more like a mobile merchant?"

He didn't know shit about Richard now that he thought about it. The way the the News Coo talked about him made the man come across as a big shot pirate, but if he really was just a businessman then how the fuck did he even end up where he was now.

Such a thought seemed to weasel it's way into Brood's mind stronger than any other. To the point in which he found himself almost having an anurysm because it wasn't his job to think about things of that nature. Brood was more of the kill first ask questions never kind of guy. But that always seemed different whenever he was engaged with a person who interested him. Of all the Supernovas of this current generation, there were only two with any real value on their name. Castor Nox and Richard Maxwell. So far the good doctor didn't live up to the title.

Outside of kicking the Captain of that fishy fucking crew's ass, of course. That was incredibly impressive.

But his living up to what Brood defined a Supernova to be wasn't a problem. In fact this was all the better. If Richard could defy the stereotypes of his role, then Brood could do the same. He'd be able to become a Privateer instead of a Pirate. Which was something that Brood prided himself on more than anything else. He wasn't exactly trying to go after pirates specifically, but he liked doing people favors in exchange for money. That was a very fun and lucrative method of doing business.

Rich was definitely mentor material. He said he knew a great deal about business. Which meant that he was probably duplicitous as fuck. But Brood wasn't worried about being backstabbed by his fellow pirate. Richard wasn't stupid or anything. Far from it.

".....eh"

{ 911 | 10,050 | 5000 }

Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:24 am
The doctor’s itch of medical curiosity was scratched surprisingly soon. A quizzical brow rose at the explanation. “Excess sugar, you say...” He repeated idly. A couple more puzzle pieces suddenly found their place. Together they depicted a much clearer picture of this man known as Brood X. Bach. He had always known those cursed fruits came with hefty drawbacks. Having to constantly expel excess sugar fit the bill. Now that was indeed something he couldn’t simply solve with a chemical concoction... Well, not without gutting the man’s powers in the process. Sure, there were suppressants for all sorts of bodily functions, drooling included, but... Well, that would inevitably lead to vomiting again. It was a fascinating conundrum, one that itched more and more as he tried to scratch it through pondering...

Fortunately, greed trumped curiosity. Richard was far more interested in business talk than medical talk. “Privateering, eh? Now there’s a profitable idea, especially for a man of your...” He wanted to say lethality, but opted for something more polite. “...talents.” His friendly smile sharpened. The spirals in his eyes twisted until they resembled a certain symbol again... Until he blinked. Maybe it was merely a trick of the light? “I’ve never been to Notice, I must admit, but I’ve heard good things about it. A lot of money flowing through there.” As was the case with all tourist traps. The three most important aspects of setting up a business were location, location and location. And this fellow was nailing it.

The rat let out another gray sigh, looking far into the horizon. “I used to have a clinic back in...” His voice trailed off briefly. A familiar face flashed in his memories. The sharp smile vanished, replaced by the hollow imitation of one he often wore. “...You know, it really doesn’t matter. I am, in fact, a mobile merchant, as you so aptly put it.” No, he didn’t have a home anymore. He thought about admitting that, before shrugging and dressing the thought up nicely. “I travel wherever the winds take me.” And wherever angry mobs wouldn’t chase him. Luckily, the vast seas held countless fresh islands.

Breath by smoky breath, the coward’s quivering nerves calmed down. The idle chatter made him almost forget he was talking to a dangerous madman. Well, almost. Some fear still lingered in the back of his skull... But fear was good. Healthy. It stopped him from trying anything incredibly... stupid. Because a well-behaved rat was still a rat. ...Despite his constant protests to the contrary. He was still a slave to his bad habits. Had the fearsome Mushiba shown even a moment of weakness, things might have gone... differently. Like a wallet going missing, or something similar... However, the man behind the terrifying reputation had already earned some semblance of respect, professional courtesy, if nothing else.

Richard still mulled over the nuances of this opportunity. His attention trailed down the sloping side of Water 7 and onto the docks. He hadn’t forgotten that the fellow had promised to buy him a couple crates of coffee in exchange for his help... But why stop there? The young pirate had big aspirations, so why should he settle for anything less? “Say... After you buy me those coffee crates...” He was a man brimming with ideas on how to make a quick beri. “How about we strike another little deal, hm? A favor for a favor sort, see?” More than money though, right now he needed connections. Mister Bach here could be one such connection.

The sleazy salesman started his pitch by gesturing broadly at the infinite horizon. “I’ll spread the word of your new business on my travels, nudge clients your way and such. Wherever I go, people will hear good things about a professional privateer who can keep pirates in check.” As for what he wanted in return, well, his new business partner had already brought it up a moment ago. “And in return, if any of my... competition... happened to meet an unfortunate accident on Notice, well, it would make my life a whole lot easier.” He wasn’t much of a fighter, he knew that better than anyone. Having an expert on bloody murder in his corner would come in handy.

Words: 708
Total: 7007

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:58 pm

So... the Plague Rat was legitimately a doctor in the past, huh? Having his own Clinic in some vague part of the sea was assuredly intriguing to Brood. Though he didn't know much about medical check-ups. He often just went into a room with Serephina and she worked her magic on him. She wasn't the best doctor that he knew and if he was being honest a lot of his own abilities were probably better at patching himself up than she was, but she was learning. He had high hopes that she'd be one of the best in the entire sea. A feat that he was more than sure that she'd accomplish.

This man was speaking Brood's love language, that much was for certain. Already right out the gate with his new business model and now he had his first client? That was fantastic. Brood had honestly forgotten about buying the crates of coffee, but a deal was a deal. So he'd buy those crates with the best currency that Brood had. His overwhelming violence. That was the kind of discount that could be applied at just about any merchant. Of course, Brood realized that he'd need to keep his more drastic measures to a minimum.

"D-ee...Deal." He lifted up off the wall and extended his hand out towards the plague rat. Still confused as to why the man even went by that moniker. He figured that was a story for another day. For now, it was important that he come to an understanding with his newfound nakama.

He did think on the fact that Maxwell didn't seem to follow any of the things that made a pirate... a pirate. In fact he didn't even seem to have his own ship, which was less understandable than him not trying to have his own island.

Though with a brief stint of thinking, Brood figured that a man in his business was likely better off not traveling around willynilly in a recognizable vessel.

Would make it all the more easier for the man's enemies to find and... dispatch of him.

"You'll have to come with me after we escape." Brood crossed his arms as he entered a more contemplative stance. It was good to get to know the man, but it might have been better served if he didn't hold these conversations in the middle of what was to be an investigation.

Not that there was one going on right this moment... but it was only a matter of time before the Marines put the rest of those fishy fucks out of their misery.

Though their misery definitely should have been prolonged in Brood's opinion.

"We can't get the coffee crates here with all of the Marines in high alert. But we can get some crates easily on one of the other islands along the trainline." It was a clear-cut logistical statement based on Brood's pension for strategic analysis. It was his role on his crew for a reason. There just was no proper way to acquire the coffee without immediately drawing attention towards themselves.

While Brood would love to get into a fight with some strong guys here in the Grandline, he had already felt the effects of having some of his crewmates drop like flies.

It wasn't exactly the tastiest cherry that he had ever popped in his mouth.

"...Then I can drop you off on whatever island you want." He began to drool again given that he restrained himself. Sometimes it was just faster to get the information out quickly.

Brood allowed himself to analyze all of the options that were laid out in front of them. He would truly be a good person to have run the kind of business that he was trying to set up. He always took so many factors into account before he made a move.

Then in a moment his bloodlust triggered. Like an overbearingly dense fountain of cruel intention spewing up from every pore in his body. Brood thought about just exactly what he could do to make sure their escape would be smooth. Though he was sure that the Rat would... not like what was about to happen. The smile on Brood's face showcased clearly that he was just as deranged as he had been from the moment he was first scene to now.

"Say... what's the worst crime you've ever been caught doing?"

Oh the plan was there... and soon he'd put it into action.

{ 745 | 10,795 | 5000 }

Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:04 pm
Deal. The salesman’s smile sharpened at the mere mention. Was there a word more wonderful? Well, free, perhaps. Or gems. Anyway, it still ranked up there, definitely in the top three. The promise of profit tickled his whiskers in the best of ways. “Excellent. I have a feeling this will be the beginning of a beautiful partnership.” He offered his hand to seal the contract with a firm shake. Even if the sweet murderer declined, he wouldn’t hold it against the fellow. See, there was something to be said about shaking a poor, sinner’s hand...

Unfortunately, Lady Luck had a twisted sense of humor. Evidently she decided that since Richard was so eager to make deals with devils, then it was only fair he would have to spend time with one. His grin took a noticeable hit, shattering down to a small, hollow smile, when the maniac mentioned they wouldn’t be parting ways quite yet. His first instinct was to politely protest. However, the words got stuck in his throat when something far more startling happened... The madman... Actually made perfect sense. Now that was worrying. Yet the professional criminal couldn’t disagree... Trying to steal something while the blue wasps were buzzing about was just asking to get stung. He took a deep drag, making the end of his quickly shortening cigarette crumble into ash.

“Right. A fair point, well made.”

The restless rat glanced around. His nervous hand brushed against the hidden holster near his heart. Well, as beautiful as Water 7 was, the weather was starting to feel too hot for his liking. Maybe he could come back once the heat died down... “The worst crime I’ve been caught doing?” He repeated the odd question with his usual kind of cadence. As always, it was a small, but important distinction. “Depends on the perspective, I suppose.” Inside his head, the imaginary flasks started bubbling with quiet pondering. Eventually they distilled a thought that dripped onto his tongue. “Tax Evasion.” He stated flatly.

Only now the distracted doctor shifted his eyes back onto his partner-in-crime. Shivers immediately ran down his spine. He could almost see pure, concentrated bloodlust flowing from the man like black poison violently boiling over from its vaguely human-shaped flask. Well, maybe that was just the coward’s imagination playing tricks. Still, his instincts were screaming at him to get away. He mistook the murderous aura as the fellow not liking his answer. “...D-don’t give me that look. I think it’s ridiculous too, but the Government is fiercely protective of their ill-deserved cash flow. Taxation is theft, yet they have the nerve to call me a thief...” In all honesty though... He had no idea where he was going with this whole rant. His mouth just kept running when he was scared.

As the cigarette burned down to a mere stump, Richard cast it aside. “Look, the point is that my... criminal reputation... is wildly exaggerated. Mere conjecture perpetuated by the sensationalist journalists, you know.” He had to pause to swallow nervously, lest he trip over his own lies. “Even that epithet the boys in blue printed on my poster is insultingly inaccurate.” The creeping fear kept loosening his tongue, for better or worse. He started counting with his fingers to punctuate his point. “First off, it was not a plague, technically. Second, they can’t prove I let it loose in that base. Thirdly, every time they tell that story, they embellish it further and...” And his mouth just kept running... He would be at this for a while, if Brood didn’t tell him to shut it.

Words: 600
Total: 7607

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:37 pm

Everything around the candy curator seemingly slowed down once the answer to his question was presented. Brood found himself losing all of his bloodlust the moment that he had heard the words 'Tax Evasion'. Not due to the fact that he found such a concept to be silly, but because he had no fucking idea what the hell a tax was. Apparently it had something to do with cash flow? So he basically robbed someone?

Okay that was fine, but there was no reason to freak out over burgling from the World Government this much... right?

Fuck...he is talking a lot... what the hell...

Brood had never felt pressure like this before. For some reason... no matter how much the rat talked... the more nervous the man seemed... the more put off Brood managed to become. Was this the Rat's Pace? It seemed overbearing in ways that he could not have understood. Such... a need to not be painted by someone else's narrative... to the point in which one entered a level of rambling that could bring a political assembly to it's knees within a filibuster. This was... the true final boss at the end of the infinite blue.

Brood felt a sickness wash over him casually looking from his left to right, as though he had been the one to make the mistake when it came to inviting this rambling old coot aboard his ship. Brood made a mental note to never ask Richard a personal question while sober... ever again.

It was a harsh lesson to learn, but one that he would internalize.

Brood took a deep breath, speaking in a very neutral tone. "Calm down....eh. You don't-ee have to explain-eh yourself to me like eh-that." He took the time to peer past Richard so that he could locate nearby haki signatures, not that he was aware that he was doing such a thing.

"Okay-ee... Well... Let's look-eh!" Brood moved towards the Rat, as though he had deflected all incoming information. Preventing it from being stored within him for fear of it corrupting his own internal hard drive.

Brood took a moment to give Richard a look that showcased his pure displeasure in having to endure that psychotic breakdown. Lifting up from the wall and moving past Richard with a shiver running down his own spine. Brood didn't fear death, but he did fear being driven even more insane than he already was. He never thought such a thing could be possible... yet it seemed the good doctor was quite the miracle worker.

Brood made his way towards the back entrance to the building, opening the door slowly and peaking his head outside momentarily. He took a measured account of all the positions that were on the next street. It seemed as though the Marines were still busy going after Fishman specifically. Which meant that the duo had a chance to truly make their exit now.

So long as Richard showed Brood mercy.

"How many times have you been to Water 7?" Brood asked the man in a very cautious tone. He didn't want to hear any brand new horror stories about how Richard ran away from this island before because he might have accidentally stolen a man's ship, repainted it and then sold it back to the man... only to have that same sailor realize the scam and come after him.

It was just far too much for Brood to deal with right now

"If you know-ee a good route to take so that we can make-ee it to-eh one of the canals and ride that down-eh to the sea." He tucked his head back into the doorway and then closed the door. Looking over towards Richard with a genuine smile on his face.

"I will go eh-ahead and give a message-ee to my crew to meet us out by Scr-ee-ap Island, so eh-that all we need to do is go there-eh and then climb-ee aboard." Brood rose an eyebrow as he spoke.

He'd extend his right arm, forming a small sailing ship inside of his palm that looked as detailed as a collectable modeled ship, though of course it was smaller due to the fact that the kind of boat he was making seemed like one that could fit in the canals directly.

"From what-ee I saw earlier, the eh-canals would be the fastest-eh route to get down there." There was a reason that Brood was the strategist for his crew... he wasn't as dumb as many people assumed.

Usually...

{ 754 | 11,549 | 5000 }

Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:45 am
Much to Richard’s immense relief, the overflowing bloodlust quickly subsided. He thanked his lucky stars and the Lady by the same name that this madman could still see reason. The neutral comment was met with a hasty nod. “Ah, good. Good...” It actually took effort to clamp his mouth shut there. The sensation was quite similar to forcefully closing a rusty valve. Fortunately for everyone involved, he succeeded.

Taking an instinctive step back, the coward gave his frightening friend plenty of room to maneuver. In his eyes, the fellow was acting a bit strange... -er. What was with that sudden look of disapproval anyway? Was it something he said? While he wasn’t quite sure, he refused to take any unnecessary risks. Never knew what could set these people off...

The rat followed the tactician’s lead, first by gaze, then by actual steps. His fear was slowly fading away, enough to keep him coherent. “Let’s just say I’ve been here enough times to know a route or two.” He peeked out, not unlike a rodent peering from its hole. His gaze darted between the buildings and hurried from one street corner to the next. Yes, this place looked familiar. It was around here where he had sold a stolen and repainted ship to a guy who... He shook the thought out of his head. Not the time for that kind of reminiscing.

While Brood relayed his plan, Richard rummaged through the imaginary maps in the corner of his mental library. It didn’t help that every major sector of this island was named simply Dock and a running number. Were they on Dock 2 or Dock 3? They both looked the same to him... At the same time, he tried to pay attention to the course of action. Luckily, multitasking was another thing he had learned over the years.

After a moment of pondering, the schemer nodded. “You’ve got that right... See that canal past the hardware shop over there on the left?” He aimed a sly point down the street. “It leads directly to the nearest Water Gate Elevator.” He had also heard stories of the local shipwrights simply jumping down and landing onto the rooftops below, but that didn’t sound exactly safe. “From there, it’s just a quick ride to the stone bridge that connects to the Scrap Island.” He left it at that, letting the strategist do as he wished with the information.

Words: 404
Total: 8011

You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord