Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Rolls] Start me up!Yesterday at 12:06 amRNGesus[Episode] Mink-staken IdentitySun May 05, 2024 4:03 amYumiko[Tracker] Othello DuvalFri May 03, 2024 4:30 amOthello Duval[World Event] A Fool's ErrandWed May 01, 2024 7:46 pmVolo Rosso[Bio] Othello DuvalWed May 01, 2024 10:48 amGray[Claims] Face ClaimsMon Apr 29, 2024 8:36 amGray[Episode] A unusual meet upSat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 amLavender[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:01 amMaxwell[Episode] [Transportation] A Grand OpeningMon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 pmSkoll
Go down
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes
[tracker=/t2150-amadeus-rhodes#12427]
Name : Amadeus Rhodes
Epithet : Deadman
Height : 6'2"
Weight : 224 lbs
Species : Cyborg
Faction : Bounty Hunter
Alliance : N/A
Crew : N/A
Ship : N/A
Marine Rank : N/A
Crew Role : N/A
Devil Fruit : N/A
Quality Score : A
Balance : [ber] 136,064,286
[[improviseadaptovercome]]

1 - [Episode] Iron Will Empty [Episode] Iron Will

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:34 pm
Episode:

"OK so milk, cheese, bread, beef, chicken, and three cartons of cigarettes," the plump woman behind the counter murmured as she tallied up the total of the groceries before her, "That's going to be 36 beli." Eloise Lombarda smiled and nodded, pulling out her wallet and handing over the money. "Thank you." The woman smiled and took the money. "You know, you should tell that Dr. Fizzeti to get his own groceries for a change. Last I'm checked, you're his student, not his servant." Eloise gave a sheepish chuckle as she rubbed the back of her head, taking the bag of groceries with one arm, "Oh, it's alright. Really. He gets so busy at times he sometimes forgets to eat. I really don't mind."

Eloise Lombarda:

The woman's smile turned a little sad. "Sure, but such a nice, polite girl like you. I just wish you were being taught by someone more...respectable." Nobody wanted to say it out loud. Dr. Fizzeti was a mafia doctor, which as one could imagine did his reputation no favours. Eloise gave her an appreciative smile. "It's ok, really. Dr. Fizetti was the only one willing to teach me, and I'm learning a lot from him. There's no need to worry." The clerk nodded, but still looked worried. "Well, if anything happens, you know where to find me." Eloise nodded, "I know. Thank you." She gave a small wave as she turned to leave the store.

As she walked down the streets, heading back to the clinic, the white haired young woman thought quietly to herself. When she first decided she wanted to be a doctor, she never expected to end up working with someone like Dr. Fizzeti. But medical school was expensive, and the more respectable doctors wouldn't take on an inexperienced apprentice. Still, the doctor was a good teacher, and it didn't mean she had to become a mafia doctor herself, right? This was just a temporary thing.

She was pulled from her thoughts by something up ahead. A figure, off in the distance, coming the other direction. It was too far away to tell, but it did seemed to be stumbled, supporting itself against the wall. That in and of itself wasn't odd. She had seen drunks walking around before. It was more the fact that everyone else seemed to be avoiding him. Moving to the other side of the street, trying to pretend they didn't see them.

When she got closer, what she saw caused her to pause in shock. "Dear god..."

It was a man, dressed in rather rough and tattered purple clothing, his black hair a disheveled mess. But what was really horrifying was the large metal spikes that were stabbed into his body. Dark blood stained his clothing, with some even dripping onto the pavement as he shambled along.

Eloise's groceries fell to the ground as she ran over to him, just in time to catch him as he stumbled and fell forward. The spikes were in pretty deep. She was a bit surprised that he was still standing. She almost called out for help, but the words caught in her throat. These people were ignoring him. Of course nobody would help him! But what was she to do?

Her mind finally fought through the panic to remind her she was heading for a clinic. And judging by everyone's reaction, she had the feeling a more upstanding doctor wouldn't see him. "Th-This way. Come on!" she said, adjusting herself so she was better supporting him. The man was quite heavy, and she found herself mentally guilty cursing the unfeeling bastards watching as she led him along.

Post Word Count: 606
Total Word Count: 606

Last edited by Amadeus Rhodes on Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes

1 - [Episode] Iron Will Empty Re: [Episode] Iron Will

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:36 pm
Doctor Fizzeti sat back in his seat, smoking one of the last of his cigarettes. It was a relatively quiet day in the clinic. Seemed like the mafia were taking better care of themselves. Still, whenever one stupid mobster did get themselves hurt, the pay was good. So he wasn't bothered by all the free time. What he was bothered about though was the lack of smokes he had left. Eloise was normally pretty prompt when it came to the groceries. Where was she?

Doctor Fizzeti:

From the next room, he suddenly heard the door burst open. "Doctor!" The doctor quickly rose to his feet. Eloise was normally a level headed girl, so hearing the panic in her voice rose alarm bells. He headed for the doorway, stopping just in time to keep from colliding with the girl, as she was carrying someone in. "You have to help him!" she cried out. Fizzeti looked at the man. His clothes were heavily stained, and those spikes... "Sweet Jesus," he muttered to himself. He wasn't even sure if he should be bothered. He looked pretty much like a corpse already. But he couldn't do that in front of his student. "Get him on the table. Quickly!"

Eloise nodded and hurriedly guided the man over to the table, as Fizzeti grabbed a surgical mask and gloves. He tossed some to the girl as well as he pulled his tray of surgical tools over. He grabbed a pair of surgical scissors. "We need to get those clothes off of him before we-" he stopped mid sentence, pulling a hand away from the man to notice the dark liquid that had gotten onto his fingers. It was dark. Far too dark to be blood. Is this...?

"Doctor?" Eloise asked, confused. The doctor set down the scissors and reached for one of the spikes, buried into the man's shoulder. Without warning, he tore the spike out, earning a shocked squeak from Eloise as there was some light sparking from the wound. "What the!?" Dr. Fizzeti didn't pause in his examination. He quickly leaned in to inspect the hole left behind. There was indeed flesh and bone, but he was also seeing stuff that shouldn't be there. "Metal?" Eloise murmured, looking over his shoulder, "Some sort of prosthetic?" Fizzeti shook his head, "I believe it's much more than that. Hand me a scalpel."

Eloise passed him the blade, biting her tongue as he cut away his clothes, before carefully cutting the man open. She had seen organs before, particularly in text books. But what was inside that man, was no like anything she saw. Instead there were mechanical components, almost as if to replicate organs. "What is he?" she breathed quietly to herself, "some sort of robot?"

"The term you're looking for is cyborg," Fizzeti corrected, "The muscle tissue and bones are genuine, but everything else...Guess it explains why he isn't dead yet. Some of these parts are still functioning. We have a chance." Eloise looked up at her teacher, "What can we do?" The older doctor gave a gruff sigh, "It won't be easy. This is equal parts medicine and mechanics. We have some old equipment in the back. I can maybe use some parts to jerry rig some repairs. Quickly now!"

Eloise nodded, quickly rushing off to the back, as Dr. Fizzeti looked over the unconscious cyborg, trying to plan out how to do this.

Post Word Count: 568
Total Word Count: 1,172

Last edited by Amadeus Rhodes on Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:20 pm
"Erm, boss? We got someone 'ere to see ya."

Don Leo Morati looked up from his meal, instantly spotting the man in purple standing before him. Despite being surrounded by his men, all armed, the Amadeus appeared completely calm. Don Morati's beady eyes studied him. "So," he muttered, swallowing down the piece of meat he was chewing, "You're the one I've been hearing about, poking your nose around. And what do you want? Looking to pick a fight?"

Amadeus' face remained still. "I'm only looking for one man. Grigory the Flail." Don Morati paused, now curious. "Oh? And what's your beef with him?" "The man is a former pirate with a bounty of twenty five thousand belis. I'm here to collect." Morati stared at him for a moment, before his fat face split in laughter. "That's it? Just here after a bounty? Oh man, you've got some balls, I'll give you that." His laughter died down to a superior smirk, "But you see, Mr. Grigory works for me now. So that means he's off limits, got it?"

"Boss," came a raspy voice from the dark, "If he wants a fight, why not give him one?" Amadeus turned to face the voice as Morati laughed. "Eh, why the hell not? I could use a show to go with my meal!"

Amadeus braced himself as there was a clank of machinery, and then something long, sharp, and metal shot out right at him.

-----@^@-----

Amadeus' eyes snapped open, only to be assaulted by the bright light shining down on him. He let out a small groan, before he heard a gasp. "Doctor!" As Amadeus tried to move, a large shadow appeared over him, a pair of hands gripping his shoulders to keep him down. "Keep still!" The man instructed, "Damn, I thought he would be out a little longer!" As his eyes adjusted, he could see the man was a doctor. A gruff looking one, but a doctor none the less. Beside him was a very worried young woman with white hair. "I-I'll get some anesthetic!" she said, clearly shaken by all this.

"Don't worry," Amadeus replied, his voice unnervingly calm for someone laying there, cut open, "I cannot feel anything." Both of them paused, staring down at him. "Nothing?" Eloise asked softly. Dr. Fizzeti just shrugged. "Well, guess that's one thing I don't need to worry about. Just try to keep still, ok?" "I can do you one better," Amadeus lifted his head, seeing his now opened up torso, "Now that I'm awake, I can help you through the repairs. This isn't the first time I've had to do something like this myself."

Eloise and Fizzeti looked at eachother. "Well, I'll take all the help I can get," the doctor conceded, "Though I'll admit, it's wierd getting surgical advise from someone as I'm operating on them." Amadeus nodded before looking at Eloise, "Can you help sit me up? It will be easier if I can see more clearly."

Post Word Count: 496
Total Word Count: 1,668
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:54 pm
Amadeus had plenty of experience repairing his own systems, which inevitably required having to cut himself open to do it. That being said, it was nice to have someone else who could see the internals from a better angle helping him. Though at the same time, he could understand the doctor's unease at doing such an unusual task. All the while, Eloise stood to the side, occasionally handing over tools and watching with fascination.

So many questions were going through Fizzeti's mind. How did he get like this? Who made him like this, and why? The sheer scope of the modifications made to the man were intense. Just what had this man been through? And those weapons. Finally, he settled on something he thought was a more simpler question. "So, how'd you get like this?" He asked, gesturing to the bloody, iron spikes he had removed from him. Amadeus closed his eyes. "I was after a man. Grigory the Flail."

Well, so much for simple. "Shit." Fizzeti muttered. Eloise tilted her head. "Grigory the Flail?" "The man is a former pirate," Amadeus explained, "The crew he was in had been causing problems for the region. Recently though they were brought down by the marines, but Grigory managed to escape." "And shacked up with the Morati Family as their new enforcer," Fizzeti finished, "Probably using them to hide from the marines. Dammit, why did I have to get tangled up with someone who picked a fight with the Moratis?" "I apologize," Amadeus said, looking over at the doctor, "Once we're done here, I'll be on my way. You won't have to deal with me again." Fizzeti nodded. "That would be for the best. If I were you, I'd get the hell out of Baterilla fast."

Amadeus closed his eyes. "I would, but I still have a job to do." Fizzeti sighed and shook his head. At least the repairs were coming along smoothly. Amadeus' help had proven very useful.

At that point there was a loud knocking at the door. Fizzeti let out an annoyed grunt. So many interruptions. "Eloise, help him out will you? I'll get see who it is." Eloise nodded as Fizzeti left the room, heading for the door. Whichever idiot got himself hurt would gave to wait. Though as he opened the door, well, things just got a lot more complicated. 

"Well shit."

Post Word Count: 396
Total Word Count: 2,064
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:51 pm
A group of men were waiting outside Fizzeti's door. Despite their well dressed appearance, the doctor recognized them as a pack of thugs, working for the Morati Family. But there was no bigger give away than the man they were accompanying. A tall, gaunt man, clad in a skin tight suit and a mask covering his nose and mouth, what caused him to stand our was the massive piece of armor he was wearing. Spherical in shape, numerous spikes protruded from it.

Grigory the Flail:

"Grigory the Flail," Fizzeti muttered. Behind his mask, Grigory smirked. "Ah, doctor. Good to see you're in. I was almost afraid I brought us all the way here for nothing." "Cut the pleasantries," Fizzeti said bluntly, "What do you want?" Grigory chuckled. "Straight to the point huh? Fair enough. I got a little banged up and I need you to patch me up a bit." Fizzeti glanced over him, noting the bandages around his torso, leg and arms. Oh, he got rough up alright. And the man that did it was laying on his operating table. "Looks like you did some of the work yourself. Either way, you're going to have to wait. I already have a patient at the moment."

Grigory's eyes narrowed. "Last I checked doctor, the Morati get to the front of the line. And as one of their enforcers, that especially applies to me. So you can just dump whatever trash you have in there into the back alley to rot, and get to work." Fizzeti gave Grigory a harsh glare. "Now listen here. I may have to work with you low lifes, but I'm still a doctor dammit! And that means I have a duty to my patients. So you can just sit back and wait, since you seem well enough to haul around that ridiculous armor of yours." Grigory's face twisted into a snarl as he growled. "You sunova-!"

-----@^@-----

"So, like this?" Eloise asked, tentatively working on one of Amadeus' internal systems. She had some knowledge of machines, but nothing like this. Fortunately, Amadeus' directions were helping her along. There was a small 'click' as something shifted into place. "Yes, that's about it," Amadeus replied, shifting one of his arms to teat its movement. "I'd say that about does it, for now at least." Eloise tilted her head, "Are you sure? Some of these parts look a bit banged up." "I can tend to those later. I can at least get along fine, and I've intruded on your time long enou-"

Suddenly, there was a sound outside. A loud bang, followed by a thump, and a familiar voice crying out in pain. Eloise's eyes widened in panic. "Doctor!" Amadeus moved to get up, only for Eloise to push him back down. "W-Wait. I'll be right back!" It wasn't good for Amadeus to move just yet. The man still had a hole in his torso after all. She quickly dashed from the room, running outside to see what was happening.

Outside, Fizzeti was sitting back against the wall, gripping his shoulder which now had a large metal spikes jammed through it. Eloise gasped in horror. "Doctor!" Grigory the Flail chuckled cruelly. "If I didn't need you, that would have gone through your head. Now then, are you going to cooperate?"

Eloise turned and snarled at Grigory. "You monster! How could you be so cruel? We're just trying to help someone in here. Can't you see that?" "Well, now you're helping someone actually worth it," Grigory retorted, "So now, do your job doctor. It would be a shame if something happened to your lovely assistant here." Eloise hadn't seen the man coming up to her until he grabbed her arm. She tried to pull away in a panic. "Let go of me!" "Dammit!" Fizzeti barked out, "Let her go you bastard!" Grigory laughed. "Or what? You better get on your feet doc. I think some of the boys would love to have a little fun with her, right guys?" The others started to laugh too.

Then, a gunshot rang out.

The thug holding Eloise fell to the ground, clutching his bleeding knee. "Fuck! My knee!" He cried out. "The hell!? Where did that come from?" Grigory barked. All eyes turned to the doorway as Amadeus stepped out. Bandages were wrapped tightly around his body, and Eloise could see where he had hastily closed himself back up. Grigory's eyes narrowed. "You. Still alive huh?" Amadeus never took his eyes off of Grigory. "Eloise, get the doctor inside."

Eloise nodded and quickly hurried Fizzeti inside as the pirate and bounty hunter stared eachother down. "You know, I didn't expect you to make it past the door," said Grigory, "That's at least worth a little something. So I'll give a chance to walk away." Amadeus' eyes narrowed. "After all this? You know I can't do that." Grigory smirked. "I had hoped you'd say that. Take a step back boy's. This time I'm smashing this idiot into  a pile of pulp!"

Post Word Count: 833
Total Word Count: 2,897
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:33 pm
Amadeus Rhodes uses:
Overclock - Toggle on self
Bomber Knee - MT at Grigory the Flail 
Gear Change - LT on self
Bang Punch - LT qtat Grigory the Flail 
UT at Grigory the Flail 

Grigory the Flail uses:
LT at Amadeus Rhodes 
LT at Amadeus Rhodes 
UT at Amadeus Rhodes

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Amadeus Rhodes on Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

Name : Variable
Epithet : Variable
Height : Variable
Weight : Variable
Species : Variable
Faction : Variable
Crew : Variable
Ship : Variable
Crew Role : Variable
Devil Fruit : Variable
Bounty : Variable
Balance : Variable

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:33 pm
The member 'Amadeus Rhodes' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 1, 4, 6, 2

--------------------------------

#2 'Reflex Check' : 2, 11, 15
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:22 pm
Amadeus and Grigory stared eachother down, the air still as the former pirate's goons moved back to give them space. They didn't seem too worried. After all, Grigory had brought the bounty hunter down before. There was no reason to believe that things would go any different.

Grigory made the first move. With a mighty leap, the Flail shot upwards. He curled his legs up into the massive ball of spikes and steel, shooting down towards Amadeus like a meteor. Amadeus jumped backwards just in time to avoid the attack, Grigory crashing to the ground, cracking the pavement. As the pirate quickly regained his footing, there was a click and a bang, as one of the spikes on Grigory's armor shot out, catching Amadeus in the shoulder. As he stumbled back, Grigory pressed on his offensive. He lunged forward, crashing his large metal frame into the cyborg and slammed him against the wall. It was only by Amadeus pushing back against the spiked metal that kept him from being impaled.

Grigory leaned in, grinning wickedly. "Bet you wished you slipped out the back door while you had the chance, huh?" Amadeus grunted, pushing back. "A bit to soon to gloat, don't you think?" There was a click and Grigory jerked back, just I time to avoid the knee coming up at him. The projectile that followed shot straight up, exploding overhead.

The extra space allowed Amadeus to counter attack. Drawing his arm back, a burst of flame erupted from his elbow as he swung a punch. Grigory turned his body, the fist slamming into the metal of his armor, though the force at least pushed him back a bit. Amadeus pressed on, delivering a sharp kick to push him back further.

Grigory regained his footing, before giving a confident laugh. "You think that's gonna be enough? You've barely even dented my armor last time. What makes you think this fight will be any different?" Amadeus stood up tall, cracking his neck. "I do notice one big difference," he said, Grigory raising an eyebrow in confusion, "You're slower. I guess our last fight left a bit of an impact on you."

Grigory gave a low growl, mainly because he wasn't wrong.

Post Word Count: 370
Total Word Count: 3,267

Last edited by Amadeus Rhodes on Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:52 pm
Amadeus Rhodes uses:
Unrelenting Machine - MT on self
Palm Shot - LT at Grigory the Flail 
UT at Grigory the Flail 

Grigory the Flail uses:
LT at Amadeus Rhodes 
Lt at Amadeus Rhodes 
UT at Amadeus Rhodes 

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Amadeus Rhodes on Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:58 pm; edited 8 times in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:52 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 1, 17, 16

#2 'Reflex Check' : 18, 18, 11

---------------------------------
Gray struck out an extra roll from #1.
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:35 pm
Grigory was a rather prideful man. He relished in the fear his new position caused in others. It made him feel big, powerful. Which was why this man's words stung so much. He was still feeling the pain from their last fight, and him pointing it out like that, it made him seem...weaker. and that he could not stand for!

"You lot!" He growled, glaring at the men around him, "Get in there and grab that damn doctor! I'll deal with our suicidal friend here." The goons nodded, trying to make their way towards the door. Amadeus turned, holding out a hand as a gun barrel showed itself. "Hold it!"

However, that momentary distraction proved costly. A spike fired from Grigory's armor, catching Amadeus in the arm, his own shot going wide. Grigory let out a laugh. "I knew it! You damn heroic types are all the same! You're so damn predictable." The men chuckled, running for the door. Amadeus tried to turn, but a second spike caught him in the leg, bringing him down on one knee. Grigory just continued to laugh, striding over to him. "I'd be more concerned about yourself if I were you."

Amadeus growled, spinning and throwing a punch at Grigory, only for his fist to hit metal. "Pathetic," the ex-pirate taunted, responding with a kick.

-----@^@-----

Eloise had gotten Fizzeti back into his office and the spike removed from his shoulder. They had just finished bandaging it up when there was a loud banging on the door. Eloise jumped. With all the commotion going on outside, there was no doubt who was on the other side of the door.

"Eloise."

Eloise looked over at Fizzeti, who was giving her a grave look. "Under my desk, there's a small compartment. Get it." Eloise nodded as he headed for the desk. Surely enough, there was a small trapdoor in the floorboards. She knelt down and opened it up, her eyes widened. "Doctor..." Fizzeti sighed. "I'm sorry. With my shoulder like this, I can't use it. It's going to have to be you. I'm sorry to make you do this."

Eloise looked at him with wide eyes. "Doctor, I cant-!" "You're going to have to! They're going to get through that door, and all the while our mechanical friend out there is fighting for his life! And it will be all for nothing if we left them get in here." Eloise had no words. How could she respond to that?

Biting her lip uneasily, she looked down at the object before her.

Post Word Count: 424
Total Word Count: 3,691

Last edited by Amadeus Rhodes on Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:16 pm; edited 5 times in total
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:37 pm
Amadeus Rhodes uses:
Pirate Buster - HT at Grigory the Flail 
Bayonet Rush - LT at Grigory the Flail 
UT at Grigory the Flail 

Grigory the Flail uses:
LT at Amadeus Rhodes 
LT at Amadeus Rhodes 
UT at Amadeus Rhodes 

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Amadeus Rhodes on Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:18 am; edited 5 times in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:37 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 11, 5, 19

#2 'Reflex Check' : 10, 2, 9
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:09 pm
Grigory gave a mad cackle as he delivered a kick to Amadeus' side, stopping the man from getting back up. "You know, I was honestly hoping for a little more than this. Not sure why. You went down like a damn chump last time we fought. Guess I was just getting my hopes up." Amadeus sneered up at him as Grigory's goons continued to hammer on the door. 

Grigory leaned in, smirking coldly, "Maybe I won't kill you just yet. Maybe I should make you watch what we do to that pretty little girl, huh? Won't that be fun?" "You bastard!" Amadeus growled, resulting in Grigory throwing back his head and laughing. With one final heave, one of Grigory's men forced the door open.

Bang!

Everything went silent as the man fell back, bleeding heavily from his stomach. Everyone froze, all eyes turning to the doorway. Inside, Eloise stood there, back against the wall, trembling. A whisp of smoke rose from the barrel of the rifle she was holding. Everyone stood there, stunned by the sudden turn of events.

Except for Amadeus who acted first.

A leg shot up, kicking the distracted Grigory in the sternum. The former pirate grunted, taking a step back before attempting to fire a spike at point blank range. Amadeus rolled back, springing to his feet as a blade extended from his wrist. He lunged forward, Grigory twisting his body just in time for the blade to hit his armor, jamming through the tiny gap where one of the spikes protruded out of it. "You thought that was going to be enough to break my armor?" Grigory laughed, aiming to shoot the spike out at him. However, the blade jammed in there caused the spike to shoot wide, Amadeus swinging back in time for it to only graze him. "No, but this might!"

There was almost a roar, as a fire burst from his elbow as he swung his fist. However, this wasn't like last time. This punch packed a hell of a lot more power. There was a loud crash as Grigory was sent sliding back, Amadeus pulling free. Grigory barely managed to keep on his feet as he came to a stop. "Ha! You think that's going to...do...anything?" As he turned to look at his armor, his eyed widened, mirroring the expressions of his goons. A large portion of his spherical armor had been caved in by the blow.

"Tell me something Grigory," Grigory's eyes snapped back to Amadeus as he straightened himself up, "Is this what you were hoping for? Because I have plenty more for you!" Grigory could only splutter in shock.

Post Word Count: 442
Total Word Count: 4,133

Last edited by Amadeus Rhodes on Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:12 pm
Amadeus Rhodes uses:
Fury's Eye - HT at Grigory the Flail 
Bang Punch - LT at Grigory the Flail 
UT at Grigory the Flail

Grigory the Flail uses:
LT at Amadeus Rhodes 
LT at Amadeus Rhodes 
UT at Amadeus Rhodes 

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Amadeus Rhodes on Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:19 am; edited 2 times in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:12 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 7, 6, 19

#2 'Reflex Check' : 17, 6, 19
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:47 pm
Minds were going a hundred miles a minute. Eloise stood there, trembling as she came to terms that she just shot, and possibly killed a man. Grigory's goons were caught between the frightened woman with the rifle, and the fact their superior just took one hell of a hit. Wheels were spinning in Grigory's mind. Sure, Amadeus had landed some hits on him last time, but those were lucky shots that slipped past his armor. But this...was he always capable of doing this?

The only one to keep any sort of focus was Amadeus, who charged towards Grigory. The pirate snapped out of it just in time to reflexively turn to catch the following punch in the dented half of his armor. Thank goodness it wasn't another power punch like before. With a loud yell, Grigory suddenly lunged forward, effectively tackling Amadeus to the floor and bringing his armored weight down upon him. Lifting himself up, Grigory brought his body down atop of him with a painful crunch, using his whole body like a hammer. Grigory's men relaxed. This was more what they were expecting. That big hit must have been a fluke.

As Grigory reared up for another blow, Amadeus rolled to the side just as he came crashing down. He kicked Grigory in the side, causing him to stumble slightly as he rolled along the ground. He brought himself up to one knee, and in one fluid motion tore the eyepatch covering his left eye. Grigory saw a red glow and instinctively moved to block.

Many things had been expected in this fight, but a laser beam was not one of them. The super heated beam of light crashed into Grigory's armor. It seemed to be holding up. But his eyes widened as he watched the battered metal go from black to red, to yellow, and then to a glowing white.

Then, in a burst of heat and shrapnel, the armor exploded. Grigory screamed out as flying bits of shrapnel cut into him, but mostly out of shock. One half of Grigory's armor had been completely destroyed, only leaving the half circle on the other side.

He sat there, frozen, shocked by what was happening. He had utterly pulverized this guy before and now, now he was doing this!

And all the while, Amadeus rose to his feet, still glaring at him as the glow around his dark eye faded.

Post Word Count: 402
Total Word Count: 4,535

Last edited by Amadeus Rhodes on Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:48 pm
Amadeus Rhodes uses:
Overcharge - AoE at Grigory the Flail 
UT at Grigory the Flail 

Grigory the Flail uses:
HT at Amadeus Rhodes 
UT at Amadeus Rhodes 

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Amadeus Rhodes on Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:48 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 2, 11

#2 'Reflex Check' : 7, 3
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:11 am
Grigory stood there, trembling in shock and barely contained fury. During his entire career as a pirate, his armor had made him a force to be reckoned with. No man had been able to break it. And even now, as an enforcer for the Morati Family, it was a symbol of fear. And this man, this man broke it!

He just stood there, waiting for the next move. If he were taunting him, it would be bad enough, but the distinct lack of gloating was even more infuriating. It was like it was beneath him, like HE was beneath him!

His face twisted into a hideous snarl. "Damn you!" he hissed, "DAMN YOU!" He swung the remaining half of his armor around, pointing it right at him. "If you think you can just stand there, thinking you're better than me, then you can just! DIE!" He let out a roar of fury as every spike on that half sphere shot out, shooting towards Amadeus. With so many attacks coming at him, there was no way he could dodge.

And he didn't. Bracing himself, electricity crackled around him as Amadeus threw back his head and let out a roar of his own.

It was like a localized lightning storm. Arcs of electricity came off of Amadeus in waves. The spikes, shooting through the air, veered off course, burying themselves into the wall behind him. Grigory's goons cried out as they were caught into the storm, shocked through. Inside, Eloise screamed as she dove to the floor, stray bolts of electricity shooting overhead. Grigory's armor was the only thing keeping the ex-pirate from behind hit too.

As quickly as it started, the torrent of lightning ended. Grigory's goons collapsed to the floor, unconscious as silence hung around the area. Grigoey himself was trying to make any sense of what was happening. First lasers, now lightning? What was up with this man?

As he looked around his armor at him, his eyes widened. The burst of electricity had burned away the bandages covering Amadeus' body, exposing the barely closed wounds he had. Through small openings, Grigory could make out the tell tale signs of machine. "What...the hell are you!?"

Post Word Count: 336
Total Word Count: 4,871

Last edited by Amadeus Rhodes on Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:23 am
Amadeus Rhodes uses:
Quick Repairs - MT on self
Bayonet Rush - LT at Grigory the Flail 
Palm Shot - LT at Grigory the Flail 
UT at Grigory the Flail 

Grigory the Flail uses:
LT at Amadeus Rhodes 
Lt at Amadeus Rhodes 
UT at Amadeus Rhodes 

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Amadeus Rhodes on Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:07 am; edited 5 times in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:23 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 2, 11, 5, 11

#2 'Reflex Check' : 3, 8, 4
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:59 am
"I often wonder that sometimes myself."

Grigory blinked in confusion as Amadeus looked over himself. Most men in his condition shouldn't even be alive, let alone standing and fighting as they are. "I should be dead, but I'm not. Is there still a part of me that's human? Or am I simply a machine draped in flesh. It's often hard to tell at times, to be completely honest."

Grigory was having a hard time processing this. Not only was this dead man walking beating him in a fight, he was taking the time to get all philosophical on him. He was a feared pirate dammit! Where was the respect? "I'll tell you what you are," he snarled, "a damn dead man!" With no more spikes to fire, he charged at Amadeus, attempting to bash him with what was now just an oversized shield. As he charged, Amadeus lept into the air, affectively rolling over him and getting behind him.

Landing on his feet, he spun, gun barrel protruding from his palm and fire. Grigory, for all he had taken, was fast enough to take the shot in the armor, rather than his body. "That's where you're wrong," Amadeus spoke calmly. His calm tone just enraged the man further as Grigory charged for him again.

Instead of going over, Amadeus rolled underneath Grigory's attack, springing up right in front of the man himself, hidden blade sliding from his wrist. Grigory couldn't move in time to avoid the slash across his chest, drawing blood. Amadeus followed up with a kick, sending Grigory sliding back and falling to one knee.

"I'm THE Deadman!"

Grigory was panting heavily, clutching his chest, heaving in rage. Rising to his feet, he let out a deranged shriek. "What does that even mean!?" "Nothing really," Amadeus replied, his gaze hardening, "Just an attempt at a witty one liner. But I guess I'll just get back to kicking your ass."

Post Word Count: 321
Total Word Count: 5,192

Last edited by Amadeus Rhodes on Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Amadeus Rhodes
Amadeus Rhodes

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:01 am
Amadeus Rhodes uses:
Bracing - toggle, active
Overclock - toggle, deactivate
Bomber Knee - MT at Grigory the Flail 
Change Gears - LT on self
Bang Punch - LT at Grigory the Flail 
UT at Grigory the Flail 

Grigory the Flail uses:
LT at Amadeus Rhodes 
Lt at Amadeus Rhodes 
UT at Amadeus Rhodes 

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Amadeus Rhodes on Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker