Revival Dawn is a role-playing forum set in an alternate universe of canon One Piece.

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
Francis Charlemagne
A Surprise Assignments [Minion Island: Contestation Arc - Part 1] I_vote_lcapA Surprise Assignments [Minion Island: Contestation Arc - Part 1] I_voting_barA Surprise Assignments [Minion Island: Contestation Arc - Part 1] I_vote_rcap 
Gray
A Surprise Assignments [Minion Island: Contestation Arc - Part 1] I_vote_lcapA Surprise Assignments [Minion Island: Contestation Arc - Part 1] I_voting_barA Surprise Assignments [Minion Island: Contestation Arc - Part 1] I_vote_rcap 
NPC
Anton La'croix
Miku E. Sato
Henry Connivis
Vikrum Belmont
Yumiko
Aoi Ravenport
Melon
Discord Server
Vote for Us
Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

A Surprise Assignments [Minion Island: Contestation Arc - Part 1]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anton La'croix

Anton La'croix

Tracker

Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
Race : Human
Faction : Marine
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Crew Position : Captain
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
Haki Level : 4
Hitpoints (HP) : 240
Attack (ATK) : 300
Defense (DEF) : 300
Reflex (RX) : 300
Willpower (WP) : 280
Level : 46
Experience Points : 4619
Income Multiplier : +30%
Berries : 51,955,000
[bookworm][hardboiled][berryprinter]

A Surprise Assignments [Minion Island: Contestation Arc - Part 1] Empty
PostSubject: A Surprise Assignments [Minion Island: Contestation Arc - Part 1]   A Surprise Assignments [Minion Island: Contestation Arc - Part 1] EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 12:31 pm

Spoiler:

"WHAAAAAAAT!?"

The marine commander almost fell back in his chair from Anton's sudden reaction, the red haired marine looming over the desk across from him, eyes bugging out of his skull. Anton's reaction to the news had been just as unexpected to him, as the news itself was to Anton. And why not? Anton certainly hadn't been expecting it.

They were told that a couple more upcoming marines had been assigned to Anton's crew, which was why they were here. Julius was outside, waiting for them to arrive, leaving Anton, Yumiko, his first mate, and Celia, his staff officer, in the base commander's office, when this massive bombshell got dropped on them. "I-It's just like I said. Orders from the top." he said, a little unsure how Anton was going to react. "I-I figured that, but REAR ADMIRAL!?" Why was he so shocked about this. Most marines would be overjoyed. "Congratulations sir."

Celia was just as stunned. "Sir, we're grateful for the news, but may I ask why? Yes, Anton's highly capable, but it wasn't so long ago that he was promoted to captain. Why the sudden jump to Rear Admiral?"

The commander gave a small, sheepish smile. "Bit of an interesting story actually. You remember Commander Maddox, right?" Anton's expression almost glazed over. "How can I forget? He was the one putting me through training. The man who put me through hell for months on end. He just would not stop. He wouldn't let me stop!" The commander realized he needed to move on quickly. "Erm, yeah. And after the incident which gave you your Devil Fruit, you were moved into advanced training. Fast track to command if I recall."

Anton paused and blinked. "Wait, command? But...I was made a petty officer." The commander nodded. "Erm, yeah. That's where things get interesting. Turns out Commander Maddox had been intentionally holding you back, blocking any promotions for you. Kept saying you "weren't ready". Honestly, with your record, you should have made captain a long time ago. They were only able to force the promotion through recently because Maddox couldn't prolong it anymore. Well, cue the incident in Loguetown, and the higher ups suddenly took notice to you. They figured it was time to fast track you into the Rear Admiralty."

Celia blinked. "Wait, so Anton's own superior officer was stonewalling his advancement the whole time? That snake!"

Anton flopped back into his chair, looking up at the ceiling. "You know, I will never claim to be an ambitious marine. Rank never really bothered me that much. Granted, I didn't see myself as a good marine to begin with, so whether I was promoted or not was irrelevant." he said calmly, "So...can someone please explain to me...WHY DOES THIS PISS ME OFF!?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yumiko

Yumiko

Tracker

Name : Yumiko
Epithet : Kamaitachi
Height : 5'5'' / 165 cm
Weight : 128 lbs. / 58 kg
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Crew Position : First Mate
Devil Fruit : Ita Ita no Mi, Model: Kamaitachi
Haki Level : 2
Hitpoints (HP) : 175
Attack (ATK) : 180
Defense (DEF) : 70
Reflex (RX) : 150
Willpower (WP) : 150
Level : 16
Experience Points : 1638
Berries : 30,910,000
[baneoftheweak][dragonheart][childofdestiny]

PostSubject: Re: A Surprise Assignments [Minion Island: Contestation Arc - Part 1]   A Surprise Assignments [Minion Island: Contestation Arc - Part 1] EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 11:43 am

Behind the freshly appointed Rear Admiral, exactly three steps behind in fact, stood a stern figure. Yumiko still carried the deep wounds of her recent failure. Heavy layers of bandages peeked from beneath her concealing outfit. Her arms were wrapped up to the wrists. One of her eyes was hidden behind the white bindings. Yet again she was defying the doctor’s orders to simply rest and recuperate. Despite her rough condition, however, she stood unwavering and retained an air of icy calmness. Like a frozen lake on a winter morning. Silent and serene... Outwardly anyway.

Behind the steely gaze, the sam... The swordswoman was constantly trying to silence the whispers of shame. Not being able to drink made it worse... So she channeled her entire focus on protection duty. Self-imposed. Ever since she had been able to walk, she had shadowed her superior’s every step. During daily routines... Training sessions... Meals... She even had briefly insisted on bathing alongside him, just in case. Luckily, the suggestion had been swiftly withdrawn when she realized it might give her superior the wrong impression. So she had chosen to stay behind the door instead. While it had been peaceful lately, she refused to drop her guard. That was exactly what their enemies wanted. They wouldn’t get the drop on her ever again.

Though Anton took the wonderful news somewhat... passionately, Yumiko allowed herself a small smile. The cold chime of her voice drowned beneath all the shouting. “Congratulations, Master.” She offered the appropriate amount of applause as well. Five claps and no less. As outlined in the Marine Code. This promotion was only further proof that her master was worthy, not that she needed it. He had proven himself on the battlefield. She was glad beyond words that she could serve as his weapon.

Meanwhile, the Petty Officer herself had not received any accolades or official recognition. Of course not. She had nearly gotten herself killed through her own ineptitude. If anything, she could count herself lucky her only punishment had been writing ‘I shall not disobey my superior’ a thousand times. ...Also self-imposed. She had, of course, suggested a traditional ritual seppuku. Several times in fact. But for some reason her master opposed the idea vehemently... he hadn’t given her any sort of punishment for her failure either. Local traditions were so very strange.

When a suitable silence presented itself, the swordswoman cleared her throat. “Sir, if I may speak freely, I believe thy sensei must have his reasons.” Her hand reached for his shoulder, offering gentle comfort. “Our superiors are infallible. We simply must have faith.” She underlined her unshakeable conviction with a firm nod. Of course, her faith applied to Anton as well. In her mind, his word was absolute. ...Except when he implied he might be anything less than a shining example of leadership. That was utterly untrue, so... It had to be a test, yes. A test of her judgement. “Perhaps thou are angry because thou are receiving glory thou never sought. Might thou consider it frivolous?” Hm, yes, that was definitely it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobunaga

Nobunaga

Tracker

Name : Ryoma Nobunaga
Height : 6'6"
Weight : 175 lbs
Haki Level : 1
Hitpoints (HP) : 153
Attack (ATK) : 50
Defense (DEF) : 150
Reflex (RX) : 100
Willpower (WP) : 105
Level : 10
Experience Points : 1000
Berries : 50,000

PostSubject: Re: A Surprise Assignments [Minion Island: Contestation Arc - Part 1]   A Surprise Assignments [Minion Island: Contestation Arc - Part 1] EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 1:52 pm

A Surprise Assignments [Minion Island: Contestation Arc - Part 1] Bd88950f823fd3d6d331a39b9cc2db1138d96807_hq

The crack of dawn was a wake-up call for most of the Marine force on the island. If they missed the call, they would be made to never miss it again. It was to get marines accustomed to waking up early or in the middle of the night should something happen. Ryoma was already used to waking up at the crack of dawn due to his heritage. His eyes sharply opening up showing his brown eyes, it took a bit for his eyes to get used to the darkness but once that was achieved he was up and ready to start the day. Tying his boots and heading outside to the courtyard where dummies were practiced on and other sorts of training were held. Ryo would greet the marines who were guarding in the night and they would greet back, respect was a powerful thing to grasp from other people. Ryoma was known as quite a dependable person and a resilient fighter.

Ryoma would walk over to one of the longer training sticks that were basically a bo staff and would grip it firmly to test its strength. He would listen closely to hear any cracks or inconsistencies within the wood was smirk when he heard nothing by solid wood. "Now dat's what I call wood!" Ryoma would swing the wood at his side to get his juices flowing, finally putting the wood in front of him to begin strike when he heard someone call out to him. This usually meant Ryoma was on early parol duty, which Ryoma didn't mind but wasn't fond of. The samurai would turn around a solute his superior awaiting his 'at ease'. The man would finally at ease Ryoma and would smirk, knowing that this news would incur a reaction in Ryoma. "Ensign Ryoma, you have been assigned to a new destination. A new crew to be precise!" The man would hand Ryoma the paper that told him where to go and who was his new superior.

Ryoma with a smirk on his face that maybe not even his mother could love wouls solute and would quickly begin gathering his things. His items weren't many but they were bulky and caused a bunch of noise that woke up the other Marines sleeping in the room. Ryoma would begin laughing as he was finally able to get off his rock and start making changes in the world. Quickly making his way down to the docks where he would begin to search for the ship he was given the description of on the paper. Getting excited at some of the ships that he saw but once he started to piece it together his smirk would turn in a frown. This....ship? Was what he was going to be stationed on? He needed to conduct a bit more than just a little work. After walking up close to the ship Ryoma would inhale greatly...

"OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

Ryoma would bellow a yell so loud he thought he saw the ship shake.
" Heh Heh, dat should get em up and out er' "
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A Surprise Assignments [Minion Island: Contestation Arc - Part 1]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Revival Dawn - One Piece RP :: Roleplay :: The Blues :: North Blue :: Minion Island-
Jump to: