Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsYesterday at 10:41 pmSkoll[Market] [Trade] Trading ForumYesterday at 10:35 pmSkoll[Crew] Skoll's Rescue & RaidingYesterday at 10:24 pmSkoll[Bio] Aya "Pikasso" RuizWed Apr 17, 2024 1:28 pmGray[World Event] A Fool's ErrandTue Apr 16, 2024 2:00 pmAnne La Tene[Episode] Ancient Blood ArisesTue Apr 16, 2024 1:25 pmLavender[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsMon Apr 15, 2024 8:30 amGray[Saga] [Black Drum Island Conquest] The Bottom Line Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:40 pmNoah[Crew] The Vintage HordeSun Apr 14, 2024 3:04 pmOrion Montgomery
Go down
Anonymous

[Episode] A Titanic Mistake Empty [Episode] A Titanic Mistake

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:04 am
Marissa sat in the local bar at a small round table waiting on the barmaid to return to her with her drink...well that and waiting to hit on said bar maid since she did happen to have quite a nice chest on her. Around her sat other men and women gambling and discussing various topics like politics, current events or attempting to start a fight with one another. The bartender did little in the way of stopping bar fights as he had barmaids go to tables and serve people along with making drinks for the people at the bar, a popular spot to sit if you wanted to be near any action that happened. Marissa had to throw back coins that landed on her table from drunkards haphazardly throwing their money around after winning a bet. She was a revolutionary yes, but a thief? No, never. She tried to follow as many laws as she could when she wasn't attempting to dismantle the government's authoritative control in fact.

When the barmaid finally arrived she was almost knocked over by a very drunk and very violent man fighting with some other poor soul, the more aggressive man having rough black hair with a thick beard. He'd punched out the man he was fighting before drunkenly shambling backwards right in front of the poor woman trying to do her job. "Ye wan' to go too?!" He'd aggressively snarl at her,  as the barmaid shrinks up and starts to cower and fall backwards. Marissa gets up and steps in front of her, looking the man dead in the eyes as she catches the falling woman, holding her safely. "Hey there man, you're getting a bit too drunk. I think you need to calm down." She says firmly with no fear being evident in her entire being, as if this brute was a mere insect to her despite the fact he was taller than her.

This would prompt a flintlock to be pulled out, aimed squared at Marissa's head. "Don' tell me what I need to do! I'll blow your 'ead off!" Panic started to spread, the bartender about to call the marine base as others started to egg on the man as well as Marissa like they're gladiators in a Colosseum about to fight for some big match. Things looked like they were starting to get really bloody really fast as an uncomfortable crunch filled the air after Marissa kept her face firm and serious. The barmaid looked up in horror at first thinking Marissa had been shot in the head only to see Marissa's hand morphed into what looked like a cybernetic hand designed off of a battleship crushing the barrel of the gun as it fired into it, her smirking very slightly like she knew she was the superior one here. The man was paralyzed by fear for a split second before scurrying away, the woman seeming to emanate a dominant aura that could rival that of even the most confident men.

The bullet was smashed like a tin can with the gun barrel being dropped after being reduced to nothing but scrap metal. Everyone there knew that she was a devil fruit user, someone to be seen as a demon that only brings death and destruction wherever she goes. Oddly enough, some seemed to be relieved that she ended this situation regardless, the barmaid blushing as Marissa pulls her closer. "Are you ok dear?" Her voice was deep and mature, but smooth as silk. The barmaid's blush grew and could only manage to nod, placing the drink down on the table. "If you're available later come see me at the hotel across the street tonight. I'll be in room 3." She whispers into her ear before she leaves, smirking as it becomes clear that she's being completely serious about this.

There was no response from her as this particular woman was the shy type it'd seem, the bartender letting out a hearty laugh at what he just witnessed as she presumably tells him. It became obvious to Marissa that what had happened in the span of the last couple minutes was a new one to all parties really though she figured it would be seeing as she tended to cause a stir wherever she ended up no matter what. It kind of came with the job, but it made her happy that things seemed to be calming down now at least. Of course people were still talking about it, but it wasn't as tense as when the imminent danger happened.
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato
[Episode] A Titanic Mistake Rowdy_10
[tracker=/t600-miku-e-sato#2421]
Name : Miku Etsuko Sato
Epithet : Rowdy Rascal
Height : 5'2"
Weight : 122 lb
Species : Human
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Supernova
Crew : Meddling Kids
Ship : The Scorned Lady
Crew Role : Captain
Bounty : [ber=r] 105,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Shop Discount : 10%
Balance : [bel] 221,877,500
[[baneoftheweak]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[barrelcrazed]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Episode] A Titanic Mistake Empty Re: [Episode] A Titanic Mistake

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:57 pm

[ seize life with your own hands ]

A short petite cowl covered figure could be spotted moving amongst the crowds of people walking the streets. It wasn’t too suspicious as Black Drum Island’s weather often prompted it’s residents to wear layers of clothing but this particular figure was dashing from shadow to shadow in an almost exaggerated fashion. Most of the crowd brushed it off as a child possibly playing about, others a teen ‘running’  away from home. In reality, none other than the Rowdy Rascal herself going incognito for a solo mission away from the ever watchful eyes of her own crew. The mission in question, get a drink at the local bar.

The woman actually sighed to herself as she realized how pathetic it was to need to sneak away from her own crew for something so simple. Sure, after the incident with Gray that one time, and that other time with Babs, then that one other with Kon… “I am not cursed! I can go to bars without getting into trouble!” Miku yelled in the middle of the crowd as if she was challenging the gods themselves to prove her wrong. After a moment she realized she was drawing attention and drew her cowl in closer in on herself and continued searching for her goal.

Eventually Miku heard the familiar rowdy noise of a lively and functioning bar that was her destined destination. As she approached a gunshot was heard and all the noise in the bar stopped causing the Rascal to worry perhaps she was cursed. Then a man scampered out while whispering about a devil woman. Miku let him walk by with no hassle and simply shrugged as the noise inside the bar returned to normal. It seemed as if nothing bad had happened and she decided to not let her mission go incomplete.

Miku walked into the establishment and took a deep breath as she pulled back the hood on her cloak revealing her face along with her signature cap on her head. An excited smile was on her lisp as she brushed past several patrons who all muttered words she ignored as she headed straight towards the bar. The barkeep sauntered over, surprisingly jolly for having a gunshot go off in the establishment just moments ago. “I’ll take an ale and keep em coming.” Miku said dropping a few berries on the table along with a rather decent tip. She grabbed a stool and sat herself on it, turning on it to take a sweeping look at the rest of the bar. There were quite a few interesting individuals but she didn’t want to start any trouble. Curse be damned. A freshly poured ale was set before the Rascal and her attention quickly was drawn to it.

The Rascal grabbed the mug and took a nice long drink from it that satisfied her craving perfectly. A loud satisfied sigh escaped her lips and she leaned forward on the bar beginning to relax properly. Nothing had happened yet and she was going to make sure she avoided all trouble no matter what came at her.

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:34 am
Black Drum Island was a big deal, or so Horus had been told.  A coalition of people, all sitting on their asses in some giant game of politics and checks and balances.  Nothing ever got done, which was apparently far better than the alternative, where things -very clearly- got done, and those who had it done to them had no question as to who was to blame.  There was a sort of neatness to tyranny that Horus could appreciate; when a king told his subjects that they were going to be skipping a meal tonight, that was one thing.  He'd seen the agonies firsthand when he'd left his island, and while the people were miserable, there was a sense of...solidarity in suffering, one could say.  Everyone knew that if they weren't the king, then they shared at least one thing, this being a seething hatred for the king.

But this city?  This was bleak, taken to a completely opposite extreme.  When he saw the haggard men at the tavern, drinking away their worries, there was nothing there.  In his wife's hometown, the talk of the day was always about whatever new silly edict had been passed, or what the king's new wallpaper was.  Everyone rolled their eyes, let out a groan of understanding, and returned to their own gripes of the day.  It was safe, in a way; if you ever spoke the blackened king's name, you immediately knew that you'd find a receptive ear.  Even if, in some cases, that receptive ear happened to be connected, in a distant and far-off manner, to the king's own.

But there was no chatter or attempt at connecting in this tavern.  Everyone drank like it was a professional sport, and they were going for the grand prize.  Which, given their demeanor up to now, would probably be a nice glass of water and an extremely dark room.  There was an air of sullen, almost weary acceptance in this place.  Horus entered, looking around the place for a few moments, and then brushing off his jet-black suit; a few strands of fuzz had gathered on it, and he was a bit concerned it would damage his appearance somehow.  He sucked at his teeth noisily while he entered, scanning the room for anything that could be called a happy face, and found only the employees.  Here, everyone was in their own little world.  A room full of strangers, all exuding their personal space into an area so large it felt dizzying.

He navigated his way through several of the people to approach the tavern, and rose a hand in a lazy gesture of acknowledgement, before drawing out a bill.  He held it out between two fingers, but failed to relinquish it as the bartender grabbed onto it.  She let out an irritated sound, and reached out with her second hand, before Horus finally spoke in a tiny murmur, his gaze deadlocked onto the form of a very small girl that had just taken a sip of ale.  He spoke, in a voice almost heavy with incredulity.

"Did...someone bring their kid in here?  Is that juice?  I -really- hope that's juice.  Tell me that's juice."

The bartender followed his gaze, before giving a weak laugh and shaking her head.  Horus relinquished the bill as he made a beeline towards the girl, his movements suddenly far more focused.  His own personal space bubble had expanded to the space of the entire tavern, and a few steps beyond, so everyone present suddenly had the very unpleasant premonition of a broken nose or a swallowed molar as he brushed past them, heading straight for the girl.  He crouched down, still standing taller than most men present, and spoke in a slow, almost painfully warm tone.  It was almost immediately apparent as the sound of an Adult being Responsible.

"Are you waiting for someone?  Did a friend go to the bathroom or something?"

Before she could even reply, he turned and rose to his full height, hands dropping to his side.  He spoke to himself, more in a whisper than a real attempt to communicate, but it wouldn't have been hard for her to make it out all the same.

"Well, since it looks like this place doesn't have a bouncer, it once again falls on me to..."
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:29 pm

The ale was nice and cool, the burn a comfortable level that the Rascal had grown used to long ago. It was a nice sweet blend that really satisfied Miku’s unrefined palate but it was quickly soured when she heard a voice ask if someone had allowed a child in. The woman ignored it and managed to convince herself that the man was obviously talking about someone else in the bar. Obviously. The Rascal took another swig of her drink to aid her in blissful ignorance. At least she did until that same damned voice originated from just behind her followed by a whisper that simply infuriated her even more.

Miku slammed the drink down on the counter in front of her and immediately stood up causing the stool to scoot back slamming it against the man behind her intentionally. She then turned around and looked back up at the soon to be dead man with a fiery anger in her eyes. He was a middle aged man with gray already streaking his hair. This caused her to grow even more annoyed and her face slowly became a light shade of pink.

“Look, old man, I don’t know who the hell you think you are but this is none of your damned business.” Miku said looking straight up at the man while her hands clenched into fists and her face to grow even pinker . “So how about you go bother someone else and leave me the hell alone, I’m not some snot nosed brat. If your vision wasn’t so poor from your old age you’d realize I’m a fully grown woman.” Miku said while mentally repeating the phrase ‘avoid all trouble no matter what’ to herself as if the mantra would actually cause it to come true.

With that said Miku grabbed the stool back, spun in place while placing it beneath her and sitting, and took as ip from her mug before spitting it back out. “Another one, this one’s leaving a bad taste in my mouth.” The Rascal was trying her best to reign in her temper and was back to ignoring that bastard who thought he knew best.

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:19 am
There was something in the way the kid replied, so reflexively and immediately, that it actually made Horus feel a tangible pain in his chest for a second.  He had to stop his reflexive desire to clutch at his chest, instead just balling his fist, and putting on the most boring expression he could muster.  She started her tirade, and he reacted as if she were just reading off of a sheet of paper, as if she weren't even speaking to -him-.  He finally tilted his head to the side, causing a painful-sounding crack to emit from the joint there, his hand resting on his neck for a second or two.

"Nice little tirade, sounds like you've rehearsed it a good long while.  Let me guess, there a lot of adults you want to try those lines out on?  I'll let you in on a secret.  I don't know who you are, and I really don't have much interest outside of the obvious.  You're no snot-nosed brat, but you still put the 'young' part in 'young adult'.  Sure as hell too young to be in the same room as people like this if you had a choice.  So who's keeping you here, of all places?  You could go to Weenie Hut Jr. and no one'd think any less of you.  Except for maybe yourself."

He rose a hand, waving off the bartender as they returned with another mug of alcohol, his expression turning dour, drawn.  He kicked a seat towards them with a long leg, settling into a position across from Miku, and folding both hands under his chin, looking at her with a gaze that was now halfway between bored and appraising, like he was trying to find some soft spot to probe at; for a second or two, it was unsettlingly quiet, as the intensity of his focus on Miku led everyone in the room to glance in that direction, and pause their conversations.  They resumed, but Horus himself still didn't talk for almost a full minute before he finally did.

"Whiskey.  Strong stuff.  If she's able to complain about the taste, she's no grown woman in my book.  Proper alcohol you don't -drink-, you just feel the fumes as they hit your sinus.  You -are- in fact my business, and you are also what most people would call a curiosity.  So please, have a round or two on me.  And while we're doing that, you can set the record straight.  Before you decide to get...rowdy...might I suggest you instead try besting an adult in their field of expertise for a change?"

He let his emphasis on the word dangle as best he could in the circumstances, his expression giving nothing away. Even so, the bounty poster of the Rowdy Rascal was one that never had a chance to get too tattered on the job boards he'd run across in the past. There was an extremely good chance she would get the hint right away, and there was -no- chance whatsoever that he could take her in a fight. Even in this crowded place, where he could try to get a few people to join him in blocking an escape, the best outcome would be buying time for the marines to come and take her into custody themselves.

Consider this experience for the inevitable conversation he'd be having in the next year, then. If he couldn't at least get through to Miku, how could he call himself a dad?
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:58 pm

The bee man’s retort struck Miku like lightning, as she had in fact rehearsed that exact response. A memory  passed through her head at that moment of Emi coaching her on how to deal with aggressive men in situations like this. Of course the Rascal wouldn’t admit to that openly but she did look distraught at the fact that she was pegged so thoroughly.

The end of the response also bothered her as he obviously still believed her to not be here of her own volition. His question, while absolutely condescending held a nugget of wisdom. Why did she keep returning to places like this so much? She simply felt so used to these kinds of environments that she radiated to them. Did they remind her of home? The thought was definitely a shocking one that made her eyes widen and caused a strange feeling to fill her. All these thoughts swirled in the young woman’s mind as she tried to come to terms with the fact her subconsciousness was obviously telling her what she already knew. She wanted to go back home.

It was when the bee man finally spoke up again that Miku was shaken out of her thoughts and turned her head to him. His offer, while still condescending, wasn’t something she was going to refuse but she already didn’t like him. The man put her on edge and made her uncomfortable in ways that most people have never been able to do so far. In such few words too, what a right bastard. “Sure, I’ll take that drink then.” ‘Especially since my last drink never came.’ Miku thought to herself as she had been too deep in thought to notice him intercepting its arrival.

Bee Man’s hint at knowing who she was didn’t mean much to her, she was plenty wanted after what she took part in back at Las Camp. Though it did mean he had some confidence in his own strength if he openly taunted her while knowing who she was. Though the rumor that she started most of her fights was still a prevailing reputation that she was annoyed by, despite accepting that it’s probably what she’ll always be known for.

“I’ll have you know that people tend to get… rowdy… around me rather than me getting rowdy. I’m sure if we stay here long enough you’ll see what I mean.” The Rascal said with a frown as she leaned forward on the counter with her head being held on her head as she looked at the Bee Man. “Hey, I don’t like you or anything but I don’t want to keep calling you ‘Bee Man’ in my head either. You obviously know me, who the hell are you?” Miku said through lidded eyes while waiting for her drink to arrive . “And why the hell am I your business now? I don’t recognize you and I doubt I’ve done anything to anyone you know. Contrary to popular belief, I don’t just start bashing heads in at random.” ‘Plus I’m pretty sure I’d remember a family of people dressed as giant bees.’

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:35 pm
Horus waited for the bottle to arrive, before pouring a shot of alcohol, and then sliding it towards her.  The other one he left in front of himself, his smile bloodless, almost grim.  There was something almost...sadistic there, you could say?  It was unnerving to see on someone who was dressed so oddly, for sure.  Did Horus even know what he looked like right now, as he contemplated all the snide remarks he could make towards the pirate sitting across from him?  If he could see himself in a mirror, would he like that look in his eyes?  That fatherly spark he was so sure he had was buried deep down, and right now it was his mouth running the show.

"You're my business because I am an independent contractor.  You know what I mean, so let's not make this worse by saying it out loud.  Because you asked a question that doesn't warrant an actual answer, take a shot.  That's how adults do it, in case you didn't know.  When you speak without thinking, there are penalties."

He paused, grabbing his own glass and looking into it, swirling around the contents.  He knocked back the entire shot without much more than a single muffled cough, and then placed it upside-down on the bar, right in front of her.  He seemed to be spending a lot more time thinking about her question than was reasonable, as if he hadn't even heard her.  It took almost a full minute for him to finally reply, his tone neutral, about as dismissive as it was possible to be.

"Horus is my name.  If you want to call me Bee Guy that's fine by me.  I won't bother saying the cliches, but...do I really need a reason to want to grab you by the ear and drag you through the streets?  It's the way of the world.  Like...I see a mess, and I want to clean it up.  That kinda thing, you get what I'm saying?  You're a mess, and I don't feel bad at all saying that one, kid.  Your clothes, your face?  Looks like you haven't had a good night's sleep or a healthy meal in a few months."

Horus shrugged one shoulder, doing his best to affect an air of nonchalant boredom.  There were a lot of hard types in the room, at least four or five that he could pick out, and all it would take is one little outburst to make this entire situation a wash.  He needed to keep Miku right here, and take as long as he needed to pound it into her head that all the fighting and screaming in the world wouldn't change the simple fact that she was in over her head.

"Let me guess.  You're heading for the Grand Line in the morning?  All the time, you see it.  Bunch of people who can barely tell when a storm cloud's rolling in think they're ready to brave the biggest, baddest ocean.  It's all that freedom, right?  Goes to your head, makes you feel immortal.  Like you're untouchable.  Must be nice to be young enough to think you'll never die."

Horus could still remember his first trip onto the high seas, in a boat barely big enough to hold one person. An absolute, abject failure, one wherein he sailed right back home before dinnertime, bawling his eyes out when he realized just how -big- the ocean was. Had it been like that for Miku? For his own kid? Or was there just something defective about him? He heard people talking about it, all the time; their dreams, the amazing things they wanted to do or see happen. Was it so wrong to just want to live a quiet life with his kid, in the end? Was there even anyone who'd have his side if she tried running off again?
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:28 pm

The Rascal kept resting her head on her hand and lazily looking at Bee Guy, she was still annoyed and it showed but the promise of free drinks was keeping her temper at bay for now. Plus she was refusing to allow the curse to win tonight. As she waited and even eyed the bottle that was being placed before Horus as if it was the one she was actually talking to. The glass that was slid towards her was stopped by her free hand and she gently raised it to her nose. She took a quick whiff and wrinkled her nose at the strong aroma emitted from the small glass of whiskey. It was strong. Very strong.

As Miku contemplated the glass before her, it’s amber liquid slowly swirling in the glass, the Bee man explained why she was his business. However the way he said it caused her to snarl at him a bit with furrowed brows but she left her chin resting on her palm. As he told her the shot was her ‘punishment’ for not thinking she narrowed her eye. ‘I’ll play your stupid game then, old man.’ Miku thought as she eyed the glass before taking it and tossing it’s contents to the back of her throat. The burn was instantaneous and she clenched her eyes shut as it went down, the burn familiar and not as bad as her first experience with strong beverages when she had first set out.

The young woman actually coughed after trying to fight the burning sensation and losing to it, she wasn’t as experienced with strong drinks as she tried to act like but she would be damned to refuse to take the shot. After fighting down the coughing fit she returned the glass to the counter and slid it back to Bee Man for another eventually. The bastard seemed to be handling it very well, obviously from years of drinking like the dead beat he looked like. Old Bee Bastard.

Miku’s dark bitter thoughts were interrupted by the man finally introducing himself, however she still wanted to refer to him as Old Bee Bastard, but Horus was easier. Of course his simple introduction couldn’t simply be that as he continued lecturing her about how he didn’t really need a reason even with her bounty because she was a ‘mess’ on top of it. A pirate she may be but no woman wanted to be told she was a mess by some middle age crisis bastard dressed up as some weird bee. His lecture had her gritting her teeth again and glaring at him but she was simply trying to ignore him and focus on the fact the burn was no longer so intense and the warmth that was blooming in her core.

Horus continued his lecture which was nearly impossible to ignore because the words angered Miku deeply unlike his previous ones. All his previous remarks were unbelievably condescending and could be applied to anyone who was a pirate. His last statements however really pissed Miku off. “You’re dead wrong, asshole.” The Rascal said as she finally lifted her head off her palm and turned in her seat towards him. “I could care less about the fuckin’ Grand Line. Got no reason to go there. Our navigator is top notch and hasn’t steered us wrong since joining. We’ve never been lost at sea because several of my crew mates have experience sailing.”

At this point she was looking up at the man easily twice her height with a severe frown and a fire in her eyes. “You don’t know anything about me or my crew so shut the hell up about us. You don’t know what life was like for us before we set out to sea. What life has done to any of us. What we had to do to survive. You shut the hell up before I fucking knock all the teeth out of your mouth for speaking about any of my Kids like you know what any of us have gone through.”

At this point Miku realized she was standing on the support beams of her stool to reach closer to the man’s face as she was talking. She promptly sat back down and ducked her head to lessen the attention that was probably on her from around the bar now. This wasn’t the first time she had started ranting about her life in a bar like this and she should have caught herself.

After a few moments to calm herself, Miku took a deep breath before tilting her head and speaking again. “Another shot. I spoke without thinking… asshole.” She said with a resigned tone. “Ask whatever you want, don’t make assumptions about my crew or myself at least. Got no reason to lie to an ‘independent contractor’. Not like I got anyone for you to use against me besides my own crew.”

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord