Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Episode] Mink-staken IdentityYesterday at 11:38 pmPikasso[World Event] A Fool's ErrandYesterday at 10:27 pmMoreau[Claims] Devil Fruit ClaimsYesterday at 8:51 pmRagnar[Advertisement] [Advertisement] Fate/Shards: AU Fate/stay night RPWed Mar 13, 2024 6:51 pmGuest[Arc] Dreams of Kings and Castles: Part III- Invocation Under StarlightThu Mar 07, 2024 4:24 amDoji[Episode] The Bloody ChamberMon Mar 04, 2024 5:22 pmNoah[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSun Mar 03, 2024 7:52 pmDoji[Tracker] Molly TohvThu Feb 29, 2024 10:47 pmMolly Tohv[Claims] Face ClaimsTue Feb 27, 2024 11:15 amGray
Go down
Kabetogama
Kabetogama
[tracker=/t1942-cygnus-kabetogama-s-tracker#10581]
Name : Kabetogama Cygnus
Height : 9’4” | 285 cm
Weight : 720 lbs. | 327 kg
Species : Human
Faction : Bounty Hunters
Devil Fruit : Choko Choko no Mi (Chocolate-Chocolate)
Balance : [ber] 36,050,000
[[punchoutguru]]
[[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Episode] Burning the Spiders Web Empty [Episode] Burning the Spiders Web

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:32 pm
Quest:

Spider Miles, The city itself is one giant factory but as Kabe walks through the large  marketplace he can barely keep track of all the various foods and spices he smells around him. Compared to his home back in Mapleshire this bustling market full of food and busy looking people seemed very panicked and chaotic but somehow just a little bit familiar.

Unexpectedly, It wasn’t the occasional pickpocket of Spider Miles that caught his attention. A ways in the distance Kabe  could see a short looking old man standing in front of a large cart. About a dozen men stood around the front half of the cart, All of them wearing dark suits. As the knight walks towards the cart he can see that it holds various exotic looking fruits, with the most noticeable one being a large bluish green watermelon.

Kabe approaches the cart slowly, careful to not bump anything as he squeezes through the crowd of smaller people. By the time he is about 25 feet away he can feel the eyes of the suited men on him, The largest of the guards staring at him more intently than the others. The old man on top of the cart however was much more friendly in comparison. The man was small in stature, about 4’6” tall and looked surprisingly toned for his age. The old man cracks a smile and makes eye contact with Kabe, “Hey there son! I bet a large man like yourself needs to eat a lot of food, Why don’t you look around and see if you want to buy anything”

Kabe stayed silent for a moment before laughing, “Grororo, Alright I guess I can look around just a little” The guards that were gathered around the cart created an opening for the swordsman to take a look at the cart. Cygnus picks up the blue melon that caught his eye earlier and asks the man, “How much is this thing? I've never seen any fruit like this before”. The old man reaches into his pocket and puts on a pair of gold colored glasses before responding, “That is one of my favorite products! I brought these watermelons all the way from the South Blue. I can’t go lower than 8 million berries on one of those, They are very rare”.

Upon hearing the price Kabe is shocked and tries to put the watermelon back but unfortunately in his haste he hits the melon on the edge of the cart, Causing it to fall on the ground. Cygnus, immediately feeling dread and anxiety build up tries to apologize to the old man.

“Hey listen man that is my ba---”

And a second later Kabe feels immense pain in his stomach before he is sent catapulting into the shops of the neighboring merchants. As Kabe tries to collect himself he hears the sounds of screaming and people running from the area. Confused, He looks up and sees about half of the merchant's guards running towards him, With the other 6 men walking away with the old man. The knight thinks to himself, “It seems I won’t be able to talk my way out of this, Maybe I should back off and think of a plan”. That plan lasted a solid second before Kabe thought of a better idea, “Ah who am I kidding? There are only six of these guys, One of them has to be able to explain what just happened”.

After deciding to stand his ground against the grunts who are currently running towards him he draws one of his swords and takes a defensive stance.

Word Count:

Last edited by Kabetogama on Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:22 am; edited 5 times in total
Anonymous

[Episode] Burning the Spiders Web Empty Re: [Episode] Burning the Spiders Web

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:56 pm

OOC: (-eh is a cough; -ee is a weeze)

In order to further bond with his crew, Brood took one of his newer crew-members, the ever ravishing Erudite L. Graves, the Hangwoman, with him as he took a tour of his homeland. Brood always hated growing up on Spider Miles personally, but his love for the people there had always been on the stronger side of things.

That was the primary reason that he allowed himself the opportunity to trek it back home and inject a little cash flow into the economy. While his original goal was to take this land over and rule it, it didn't fit into the larger schemes that Brood needed to undergo in order to form his criminal empire.

As a result, this was the very next best thing. Brood had to learn to focus on the things that truly mattered to him and as it sat right now, the only thing that mattered was eating.

He had spent all morning with the woman and it was starting to get to the point in which they were if they didn't eat, they might succumb to hunger pains. Which was not the kind of situation you'd want a ravenous candy man rumored to engage in cannibalism to be. He had a very simple goal in mind, send off this woman to do his bidding while he tried to find a nice place for the pair to eat.

As a result, Erudite found her way to the food stalls the very moment the large knightly fellow found himself being hit in the stomach. As the man seemed to make his last stand against what appeared to be local ruffians, Erudite decided it was in her best interest to just hang back and watch.

Though she didn't exactly appreciate the idea that this seemingly innocent fellow was about to be jumped by a force much larger than he was.

Perhaps that is what spurred her into action, or perhaps it was just a way to relieve her boredom after being forced to endure the shenanigans that her captain put her through. With a sparkle in her eye, she immediately pulled out her braided leather whip and cracked it at one of the six no-good beatniks that tried to impose their will upon the just hero.

The whip hitting one of the men with enough force to send him crashing into the very food stall that they seemed to have protected. She'd run up, standing beside the large young knight and flashed her own fangs at him momentarily. The tattoo on her forearm being that of the Primetime Pirates.

"We don't usually work for free, but you seem like you really need the help. Name's Erudite. My Captain is around here somewhere." If this man was knowledgeable about the North Blue, he'd know.

Because everyone up North knew of Brood X. Bach.

"I hope you know how to use those swords. Especially if you're picking a fight here. You never know who is backing who on this shit stain of an island." She cracked her whip and brought it over her head, letting it twirl around like a lasso all the while.

She really hadn't enjoyed her time here just yet and she was more than likely capable of determining what potential this man had, if any. It was clear that they came to this island for another reason beyond merely fixing the economic struggles of the people, or attempting to live through Brood's glory days. They needed to find a brand new shipwright.

Especially since Desmond didn't understand a damn thing about the Dead Air and how complex all of its functions were. She didn't want that knucklehead fucking around with her baby anyway.

It had been made clear to the woman early on that if she found anyone who could fight, however, to bring them along as well. They needed to recruit more grunts and this place was full of rowdy lowlifes looking to make it out of perpetual poverty.

She wouldn't assume that this mysterious man fit that bill, but he wasn't completely unarmed and he did drop into a stance that was indicated that he was trained in some way. Whether he was trained by his own hands or not, was a different situation. All that mattered now was surviving this onslaught and hoping that no reinforcements showed up.

Erudite was a hell of a fighter, but she was also extremely lazy. She just wanted to sit around and get plastered all day. That was the life she dreamed of. This was fine at least.

At some point the patience of the attacks wore thin and they charged yet again, though this time she'd target two of the remaining men, leaving three for her newfound furry friend to deal with.

Using her specialized whip, she'd toss it at the ankle of the man nearest to her, jerking it back and causing the man to fall backwards, who instinctively reached out for his ally causing the pair to both tumble to the ground. She'd then cartwheel forward, slamming her feet down equally upon the crotches of those men that charged her.

A smirk befell her face and she'd stifle a laugh, before looking over to see how the knight dealt with his own opposition. She had to analyze him anyway, so it was a good thing that she was just that much faster than he was. Not that she'd always be this superior.

{ 908 | 908 | 5000 }

Last edited by Brood on Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Kabetogama
Kabetogama
[[punchoutguru]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:32 pm
As Cygnus stood on guard, waiting for the small group of men to attack, He heard an extremely loud cracking sound followed up by a set of lighter footsteps compared to the men directly in front of him. As the blue skinned woman stood next to him he noticed the tattoo on her forearm. While Cygnus had only been in the North Blue for a matter of weeks, everyone in the North knew of Brood X. Bach and the Primetime Pirates.

After hearing that the help he was receiving would not cost him any money he let out a small sigh of relief. The question about his swordsmanship made him realize he doesn’t even know what he is capable of. But as soon as he opened his eyes again the woman had already brought up the lasso again and was twirling it above her head.

In the short time between Erudites words to Cygnus and the second wave of attacks the young knight thought to himself about the opportunity that had just presented itself to him. For someone like Cygnus being a part of a large crew is a dream come true, Especially one where he is allowed to have as much fun as he wants.

The big man also thought of how wrong this entire situation had gone. Cygnus could not believe that he destroyed something that he cannot fix. If it had just been the cart he destroyed he could have built an improved one in an hour or so. But then again, maybe if he hadn’t destroyed the rare watermelon he would have never met a member of the Primetime Pirates.

In the final seconds before the attackers began to run at him again Cygnus stabbed his sabers into the ground and took off his short cloak, which he would then wrap around his waist, revealing his face and physique to anyone that was left in the vicinity. Cygnus wanted all of the men who inconvenienced him to remember exactly what he looked like. The knight would then pick up the sword to his right, holding it in a reverse grip as he prepared to throw it towards one of the three men that were focusing on him.

As he watched Erudite attack the two men his eyes could just barely make out the sudden movement. This display of speed gave Cygnus an idea and he readied himself to attack. As he threw the sword it traveled like a dart through the air despite being so large, It hit an attacker right above the knee causing him to fall over and let out a pained scream. When the other two men looked back for a second Cygnus picked up his second sword and sprinted towards his remaining two opponents. While running it was now apparent that Cygnus was going for the kill on most of the men.

Although the final attacker had just seen all of his coworkers completely outmatched he was still showing absolutely zero signs of backing down. All this did for Cygnus was make him even more excited, This must have been the man who was able to send him flying so far. Seeing that the final guard was approaching him unarmed The man sheathed his remaining sword and remained completely still, waiting for an attack.

When the man reached him mere seconds later Cygnus still did not move as the man yelled loudly and punched him. Immediately after being hit however, Cygnus’s entire mood changed. The once happy looking knight suddenly looked angry at first but then a look of sadness and disappointment was clearly visible in his eyes.

“You created all of that buildup for an attack like that?” Cygnus said with pure amazement, “You ought to be ashamed of yourself.” Cygnus reared his arm back before punching the overdramatic man as hard as he could in the abdomen, a loud cracking sound could be heard as the man flew into the wooden cart, destroying it completely.

Cygnus caught his breath while walking over and recovering his first sword, which was still stuck in the first guards leg. As Cygnus took the sword out he unsuccessfully tried to whip the blood left on his blade. After a few swings the knight gave up and sheathed his sword before looking over at Erudite, “I don’t suppose it will be easy to identify these men from the other gangs in Spider Miles?”

While it would indeed be hard for someone like Cygnus to identify the gang there was a clear symbol found on the bands all of the members wore on their left legs.

Word Count:

Last edited by Kabetogama on Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:59 am; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:44 am

OOC: (-eh is a cough; -ee is a weeze)

She watched the knight in action and his movements were sloppy, though not amateurish. He had a long way to go if he was going to be a great swordsman in this world. Which, given her over-all strength, was something that she could easily speak on, not that she'd tell him directly about such a observation.

She didn't know the knight personally and he also didn't come across as being the most friendly of individuals given that he didn't even acknowledge his own name to her. The lack of honor wasn't all that strange though, she was a Pirate after-all. Might have been a bad idea to tell her his name this early on. It was a situation that she found to be totally forgivable, even if it did irk her to a small degree.

Granted, they were a little hard pressed given the current situation that was playing out between the pair and the aforementioned thugs.

As the man posed his questions to Erudite, she flourished her braided weapon with a finesse reserved for professional entertainers, whipping out with unrelenting force as the knotted end of the whip came smacking right into the closest goon's stomach. She had accomplished this feat so fast that the following three swings of her wrist might have seemed to be one fluid motion. Allowing for her opponent to be hit in several more locations, leaving a combination of welts and bruises on the opponent just moments before the other reached her.

She managed to hop back, narrowly avoiding the diagonal descent of her opponent's weapon. Looking over at the man with a look of pure elation. Raising her fingers out towards the man, she snapped her finger, causing the water in his body to send him flying backwards, head over heels.

"Why, bless your heart. I reckon I don't know much 'bout the gangs on this here island, darling. What I do know, however, is that our enemies should probably be laid out before any idle chit-chat." She'd give a wink towards the youth and it was clear that her accent suggested that she wasn't your average Fishwoman.

The strangeness of how she talked was likely attributed to her past, though it wasn't something easily discerned by those who had yet to travel the vastness of the world. For she spent most of her natural born life in the Ballywood Kingdom. Though what she did there and why she ended up here in Spider Miles was a story for another time. For now, she wanted to make short work of her opponents that stood before her. A task that she achieved handedly moments before. She didn't help the knight with his foes, however.

He didn't pay the fee so, she merely watched after kicking her opponent's asses.

The moment that he either won or lost his short engagement with these scrubs, she'd smile towards him once more, showcasing the fangs that she held in her mouth before she pushed her long hair out of her face, tucking it behind her long pointed ear.

If he had known his races, he could tell she had human features despite being a fishwoman and that would indicate to the good boy that she was a mixed breed.

"Now the best way to figure out which of these gangs has you on their shit list, we have to just ask the right people. which means you oughta head on down to the one place where shot-callers like to gather. The marina. Granted, that's all you'll get from me. I do wish you luck." She'd wave at the man with a large smile on her face. A final smile showcased itself on her face as she knelt down to loot the bodies of the men she injured.

She had to get paid somehow.

{ 635 | 1543 | 5000 }

Last edited by Brood on Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Kabetogama
Kabetogama
[[punchoutguru]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:21 pm
Cygnus’s ears perked up as he listened intently to the Fishwoman, Was his temporary ally a member of the Fishman Tribe? The man had never seen one before so he could only theorize to himself. But right when the friendly knight thought to ask her for himself he remembered what had happened to the previous men who had angered her. Not to say that Cygnus was overly afraid of the women but after spending some time out of Mapleshire he had definitely become more cautious and wary of strangers.

As the young man got ready to set his sights on the marina he turned around a final time and spoke to the fishwoman, ”Thank you for all the help Erudite”. The knight would take a few more loud steps before turning around and remembering his manners, “Oh since I think you are trustworthy I should probably tell you my name”. Cygnus looked up to the sky and smiled to himself before continuing, “My name is Kabetogama, I am a warrior and shipwright from Mapleshire”. After the knight was finished speaking he would begin jogging down to the Marina.

While Cygnus made his way to the marina he could not help but wonder if any of the other members of Erudite’s crew were on the island, surely they all traveled in one big group like most pirate crews. Cygnus did not have too much time to spend wondering about the logistics of a pirate crew that he was not even apart of however, especially since he was still upset. It was unusual for the swordsman to hold grudges like this but after being suddenly attacked even after giving an apology he was at his limit.

The man did not even notice that he was at the marina until he stopped to smell the air. Cygnus kept his nose to the sky for a couple seconds as he discerned what exactly had caught his attention. The smell that had caught the knight by shock was in all actuality just a standard pastry shop. Due to how strong the smell of freshly baked food was to Cygnus it seemed likely that the establishment was right across from one of the docks that made up the large marina.

The man's stomach now growled, “I suppose a little snack never hurt anyone, I mean it’s not like that gang is going anywhere”. While the knight began to stomp over to the source of the food he saw another small group of men with the same emblem on their legs. One of the men turns around as Cygnus’s footsteps get louder, “Hey that's the fool who destroyed the boss’s fruit, let’s bring him back and get paid!” Cygnus almost didn’t even notice the three new attackers until they were right in front of him. The happy-go-lucky knight suddenly stopped as one of the men unsheathed a small knife, Snapping back to reality Cygnus picked him up as though he was a bag of garbage and began to absentmindedly swung the man around, hitting the remaining two goons in the process.

Cygnus smiled as he walked up to the entrance of the shop and looked for an open table, but unfortunately it had seemed that the place was absolutely packed with people. It seemed that everyone else in the area had the same idea as Cygnus and he was just a little late to the party.

Word Count:

Last edited by Kabetogama on Wed May 24, 2023 6:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:28 pm

-⁂-

She decided it was in her best interest to merely follow the man for a time. To ensure that he didn't get in any more trouble. She came to this conclusion due to the fact that he finally introduced himself and it seemed as though his laid-back attitude was a refreshing change of pace when paired up against the rest of the members of her crew. She hadn't been a crew member all that long, but she most certainly had it in mind that she'd like some variety aboard her baby, the Dead Air.

She took her time tracking the man down, of course. Observing where he was going and what he was doing. Making sure that no one was harassing the poor man on his way to apparently get some grub. She heard he was a shipwright and such knowledge was good to know, especially since the big dumbass Desmond decided that he wanted to stop working on ships and start working on music.

This left their ship without anyone to do repairs and given that this big knight was capable of handling himself against people that didn't seem all that weak themselves, she wanted to see just how far that strength went.

It could lead to a potential alliance.

Seeing the man rag-doll more thugs brought a smile to her face. She figured that she'd go and eat with him now that he cleared the way and followed him after a short while. Much to her shock, he was too large to fit inside of the ship. Which caused the female to stifle a laugh. Approaching him, she waved to get his attention.

"Now there is a problem lots of fellas don't have sugah." She'd giggle momentarily before placing her right hand upon her hip, which she popped out for emphasis. She'd look the man over before sighing to herself. "If'n you're hungry, we can stop on down by the open grill to the south. But you're fixin' to need to deal with your problem as soon as you can sweetie."

She figured he was smart enough to comprehend exactly what she meant by that. If he didn't deal with his issue he'd cause more criminals to target him. Since it would make him appear as though he was nothing more than easy prey. She didn't often do things pro-bono, it was against the crew motto. But she could work something out with this man if he was willing to put in both the time and the effort. It was their job to make deals, especially when they didn't get contract work in. Given that the captain had yet to set up their crew as an official privateer service... taking these on the fly contracts were the only way they made any money.

They weren't pirates after-all.

"Say... I reckon we could strike up a deal honey. You come fix up my ship for a little while, and I'll help you get rid of your little gang problem once and for all. Might be a bit sudden, but if you're really from Mapleshire, you must have built...or been on one hell of a vessel to make it here alive." She beamed a smile at the man and smacked her hands together.

Looking over towards the horizon, she could do naught but smile as she thought of where she could go with her ship. The places they would see and the chaos they'd bring for the sake of her crew. Those were the things that drove her forward. It had been so long since the last time she set sail with a crew. Joining up with Brood gave her peace... but she had more ambitions to uncover. If she could follow this path, then perhaps it was best to pay it forward to someone whom she saw potential in.

"You don't need to go decidin' on an empty stomach now. Let's catch a bite first." She'd lower her hand towards the larger man, to help him stand regardless of if he needed the help or not.

She wasn't even sure if her hunch was good or not. This guy could have been just another joker making his way to mediocrity.

{ 701 | 2244 | 5000 }

Brood's color: #4F94AE - Laugh: Eeeheheheh!
Erudite's color: #75ca9b - Laugh: Splishlishlish!
Desmond's color: #9900ff - Laugh: Pervavava!
Jackson's color: #840a35 - Laugh: Dieyiyiyi!
Sunflower's color: #d98301 - Laugh: Slashuashuashu!
Peytor's color: #bb8598 - Laugh: Businessnessness!

Last edited by Brood on Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:17 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Image)
Kabetogama
Kabetogama
[[punchoutguru]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:38 pm
The big man was only allowed to sulk for a moment, Cygnus heard footsteps slowly getting closer and as he looked up he saw the friendly fishwoman, Erudite. The knight listened surprisingly attentively, After all it was only natural that he should pay attention to someone that helped him out. When the woman mentioned that there was an open grill south of where they were the man's face formed into a very apparent smile.

More importantly, The swordsman had to concentrate heavily when Erudite gave the knight an offer. The deal seemed very fair to Cygnus, and in some ways appeared to even be a no brainer, which was convenient for the slower witted young man.
Back on Mapleshire, Kabetogama had always been naturally talented at building things, whether it was weapons and armor or even small boats the knight had studied all of it closely before he attempted to sail in the New World. But after his near death experience after only two days of sailing the seas he took the first chance he could to leave and flee to the Blues. In a lot of ways the swordsman was more talented at creating than just mindlessly swinging his blade.

During the two weeks it took the merchant’s ship to reach the North Blue Cygnus was given the opportunity to learn more about ship building and maintenance. The old merchant’s head bodyguard had happened to be a former shipwright. With the resources Kabe had coupled with the fact that he was unable to leave the lower decks of the ship due to Marines escorting the merchant the warrior vastly increased his knowledge related to repairing large ships.

And the man's new skills did pay off. Following Kabe’s arrival in the North Blue the swordsman did make almost all of his money through selling equipment, be it weapons or small fishing vessels. In a way it was amusing to think that one of the few times his clumsiness showed itself would lead to him meeting some of the biggest names in the North Blue.

Kabe looked up from the ground, making eye contact with his potential crewmate. The swordsman takes Erudite's hand, allowing himself to be helped back up to his feet. “Hmmm. I like your thinking, No one should ever make decisions on an empty stomach! Grororororo!”

After standing up fully, Cygnus looked back down at his new friend with an embarrassed smile on his face, "Uh you wouldn’t happen to know what way south is would you?”

Word Count:

Last edited by Kabetogama on Wed May 24, 2023 6:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:16 am

-⁂-

Erudite sassily switched hips, popping the left one out as her hand came to rest upon it. Her eyes fixated on the man before her and she could tell he was young. But he didn’t seem all that inexperienced in the world. It was dangerous out here if you didn’t know who to talk to or even understand basic navigation techniques. Still, she had a soft spot for wayward souls and this boy was as wayward as they come.

”Alright, suge. You needn’t worry. The south is that way. Follow me.” She gave a rather cute chuckle as she raised her hand to the left, pointing with assured confidence.

She was a fishwoman so who would know better than her.

She let her hands fall behind her back, with her right palm clasped firmly against her left wrist. “What exactly do you want out of life, sugah?” Her head was slightly tilted as she began to head in the direction of the grill.

She needed to know what kind of man she was dealing with. Understanding the ambitions of those around you was an invaluable tool that made navigating interactions with them easier in the long run. The kind of people that would work well with her family was not universal. Her captain took recruitment issues very personally and if she brought someone unworthy onto the crew she’d never hear the end of it. She just had to suss out how helpful he would end up being over-all.

That being said she wasn’t even sure she knew the answer to her own question. The only reason that she took to the seas was due to an intense sense of wanderlust that overwhelmed her. Perhaps her time back on her home island had shaped her to be the kind of person that wanted to see the world. But she didn’t know. It wasn’t exactly the easiest thing in the world to learn about. But she did have ambitions.

Chief among them was to see all this world had to offer.

Brood promised her that and so far that had been the case. Though she was starting to get a little bored of the way things were being handled here. All she had to do was suck it up, however and then she’d be blessed with that sense of adventure again. But the method in which that would take form would be something she hadn’t anticipated or expected.

Still, even now she was fine with just walking with the man and eventually the pair made their way to that grill. Where they’d get inside and get a table and the food was ordered. She bought the roasted hog platter, cause she just loved her meats. She was curious about so much when it came to this stranger. Perhaps she’d relate to him.

”Hmm… I wonder… What do you believe in, kid? Do you like the World Government?” It was a straight to the point question, a follow up to the previously posed.

{ 500 | 2744 | 5000 }

Kabetogama
Kabetogama
[[punchoutguru]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:25 pm
The swordsman slowly got up to his feet and stretched, groaning dramatically before he followed Erudite towards the restaurant. Kabe had been traveling alone for far too long since he reached the North Blue. So the new friend was entirely welcome in his eyes.

The Mapleshire native rested his hands on his sabers while thinking of a response to the fishwoman’s question. “Hmm, I want a lot of things. But I want to fight strong guys and make a lot of money.”

The young man flashily unsheathed his blades and started twirling them around while he explained his answer. “I want to fight just ‘cause it’s fun. And I like having lots of money, it makes me feel safe, I don’t even want to spend any of it.”

Throughout the rest of the trip towards the outdoor grill, Kabe noticed that plenty of the members from the same gang were present in the area, but they had either not heard of the brawl that took place earlier, or they were just biding their time. Not that Kabe was the type to worry, if these small-time mooks were as embarrassingly weak as the ones from before then there was truly nothing to fret over.

Pyramid Dream, Spider Miles

A scrawny, rat-faced man anxiously stumbled his way through the side entrance of a well-known bar. The inside was dark, with a few old lanterns littered haphazardly across the wooden tables of the establishment's break room.

In the center of the room, a short old man sat at the head of one of the aforementioned tables. The boss was dressed in a strangely luxurious green suit for the region, given the brand comes from a semi-famous fashion designer in the Grand Line. The man was surrounded by large bodyguards dressed in similar, but cheaper designer garments.

The small, elderly man took a long puff of his cigar before holding it out, prompting one of his men to take it away from him. “You came back without the boy. Why?”

The scrawny grunt nervously shifted in place, not taking his eyes off of the bodyguards, “I swear boss, I sent a bunch of our men out but I haven’t heard back from any of them, I don’t know what else to do!”

Getting up from his seat, the boss dropped down to the ground and walked past the grunt. “Fine, I’ll take care of it.”

The door opened and closed again, leaving the grunt alone inside. Just before he was about to leave himself, he noticed a paper on the table. The grunt picked up the wanted poster and held it up to a nearby lamp.

Jim “Scheming Jimmy” Billiams | 4,700,000 Beli Bounty

Outdoor Grill, Spider Miles

Kabe let Erudite handle the talking until they were seated on the grill, when it was time for the pirates to order Kabe excitedly ordered a monstrous three burgers, all of which had so many added ingredients that a person would have to unhinge their jaw like a snake to even hope of taking a proper bite.

When Kabe was issued another question his head started to hurt even more than the last time. The swordsman was a “let your actions speak louder than your words” type of person. “Funny story, I tried to join the marines on the way to Spider Miles. But I got to this small marine base, and they were all a bunch of douchebags so I killed them.”

The knight shrugged and continued talking, “But I don’t mind the World Government all that much. If it wasn’t them it would just be a different, but similar group in charge of everyone anyways.”

Word Count:
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:51 am
"Brood" uses [Satō Kingyosō - HT] on Boss 1
"Brood" uses [Satō Botan - LT] on Boss 1
"Brood" uses UT on Boss 1

"Desmond" uses MT on Boss 1
"Desmond" uses UT on Boss 1

Boss 1 uses MT on "Brood"
Boss 1 uses LT on "Brood"
Boss 1 uses UT on "Brood"
Boss 1 uses UT on "Desmond"

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Brood on Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:51 am
The member 'Brood' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 13, 7, 12

--------------------------------

#2 'Reflex Check' : 8, 5

#3 'Reflex Check' : 1, 6, 4, 18, 10
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:30 am
ROUND 2

"Brood" uses [Rajikarukishirōsu - MT] on Boss 1
"Brood" uses [Orokana Katō - LT] on Boss 1
"Brood" uses [Seki Seki - LT] on Boss 1

Boss 1 uses MT on "Brood"

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Brood on Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:30 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 5, 16, 15, 9

#2 'Reflex Check' : 15, 10

#3 'Reflex Check' : 12, 1, 14, 9, 14
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:53 am
ROUND 3 - "BROOD" WINS

"Brood" uses [Shīto-eh - MT] on Boss 1
"Brood" uses [Furēbāpoppu - LT] on Boss 1
"Brood" uses [Satō Himawari - LT] on Boss 1

Boss 1 uses HT on "Brood"

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Brood on Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:53 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 5, 17, 9, 3

#2 'Reflex Check' : 8, 16

#3 'Reflex Check' : 4, 6, 9, 14, 2
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:50 am

-⁂-

She was not surprised that, given his youth, he'd have a rather simplistic outlook on the world.

But even still, Erudite could find no fault in his logic, especially since nothing he said seemed to house any biases whatsoever.

If not the World Government, it was the Yonko. If not them, it was the Revolutionaries. Though she had heard they were rather hands-off with the islands that they liberated. Outside of occupying them at the very least.

She had no personal opinion of that particular faction at least. They didn’t seem to align with her particular M.O. and so she left them to their own devices.

But the Marines… she had no issue with those sorts. Even despite the fact that she was a fishman. She had no doubts they’d be a thorn in her side… but she was well aware that her Captain was already working on a way to solve that particular little issue.

Not that the Primetime Pirates would ever fully trust the Government.

Still, it did not wound her pride at all to potentially work with, or even for, the Marines as a whole.

She didn’t have the same upbringing as most of her people. And that showcased itself in her feelings on that very subject.

But it was good that this youth didn’t have a problem with them either.

Nor did it seem he had a problem killing them if needed.

With that in mind, she reflected on the other words that he had spoken. He was a very straightforward kind of man. The kind that liked to get his hands dirty just for the sake of doing so. His love for combat… for conflict. It was something that she felt fit the crew very well.

He wasn’t aware, but he was already acing this interview.

That being said, she took stock of their current situation as she continued to consume her meal. This man crossed someone on this island. But she didn’t recognize those fodder-ass henchmen at all. Perhaps whoever was in charge of this operation had yet to truly consolidate a faction of their own.

But there were at least enough men for this gang leader to be a person with a bounty.

Why they had that bounty, was a mystery. To Erudite specifically, it didn’t matter. She was rather strong herself, but she had yet to really gain a bounty. At least, not one attached to her name.

But there would be time for that soon.

Taking a moment to truly soak in this pleasant dining experience, she spoke up. With the same confidence that she had always displayed, even in the direst of circumstances.

“I get that ya like ta fight strong people… but do ya actively go out of yer way to cause conflict? I mean, what was all that back there anyway? Do ya usually have a bunch of strange men chasin’ ya ‘round?” She chuckled as she imagined the man constantly fleeing and fighting every island he went to.

She’d cover her mouth, regaining her composure after a moment lost among her thoughts.

“No judgment, suge. Just wanted ta make sure ya weren’t one of those, take the wheel sorts of fellers.”

Given how quickly those men had organized before, she had no doubt that before long they’d make their way here. But she had no intentions of running away. This was all going to be part of the test.

She needed someone with moxie, a person that wasn’t a cowardly chickenshit just because they were outnumbered.

Numbers meant little to the real monsters in this world. One guy, seven guys? You should be able to take them all on without issue. And if you can’t?

Well, all you had to do was buckle down and get stronger.

“Not that it’s a bad thing ta resolve yer conflicts in the manner ya find most tolerable. If’n you’re a fan of violence, then I say give those rascals the beaten of their lives.” She rose up the small cup of sake that came complimentary with her food.

Guzzling it down, she’d make a sound of satisfaction before her eyes fixated on Kabe once more.

“Though, I will say. Ya might want to take better care of ya sword there, suge. That thing looks… well for a lack of better words… thirsty. Gone ahead and unsheath that puppy fer me.”

She wasn’t clear on what she meant, but she could tell that this man didn’t pour his haki into his weapon often. Or at least not to the point in which the blade would begin to really attune to his body. She knew some people with weapons that really imbibed haki. His were close, but no cigar.

"I can see ya have the potential ta use a little thing called Haki... but I don't think yer drawing out enough of it to be anywhere near effective with it. If yer gonna go around fighting with a blade... yer goin' ta need it. So listen ta me closely..."

And with that, she'd begin to explain to him what she knew of Haki and why it mattered. How he could train it and how to use the little bit he had now far more effectively than he had. She didn't bother explaining everything, there was not going to be enough time for that. But she could at least teach him enough for the battle that awaited him.

The battle that neither was aware of, one that would be approaching soon.

{ 918 | 3662 | 5000 }

Kabetogama
Kabetogama
[[punchoutguru]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:21 pm
Kabe uses Maple Blade: Sunset Stance on himself - HT
Kabe uses Freshwater: Penalty Kill on Jimmy - LT - Hit
Kabe uses UT on Jimmy - Hit

Jimmy uses LT on Kabe - Hit
Jimmy uses LT on Kabe - Miss
Jimmy uses UT on Kabe - Miss

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Kabetogama on Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:21 pm
The member 'Kabetogama' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 14, 6

#2 'Reflex Check' : 14, 9, 7, 1
Kabetogama
Kabetogama
[[punchoutguru]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:13 am
Round 2
Kabe uses Maple Blade: Crazed Charge on Jimmy - HT - Hit
Kabe uses Maple Blade: Dash Cut on Jimmy - LT - Hit
Kabe uses UT on Jimmy - Hit

Jimmy uses LT on Kabe - Miss
Jimmy uses UT on Kabe - Hit

Kabe wins!

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Kabetogama on Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:13 am
The member 'Kabetogama' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 9, 16, 4

#2 'Reflex Check' : 6, 17, 18, 10
Kabetogama
Kabetogama
[[punchoutguru]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu May 25, 2023 1:04 pm
“Hmmm, I wouldn’t say that I pick all my battles on purpose, but I haven’t backed down from any fights since I came to the North Blue. I couldn’t call myself a swordsman if I ran away from my problems!”

The blonde swordsman looked up and continued. “I bet I would have a little more luck if I didn’t just roll with the punches though. A good chunk of these conflicts are probably my fault, not that it matters if the other side is weaker than me. You know, sometimes it feels like my swords are the ones leading me to conflict! Grorororo!”

After answering Kabe continued eating his oversized burgers, only stopping to agree with Erudite when she mentioned how badly the fodder had been beaten. “I’ll say! Makes me wonder which one of them was able to even hit that hard in the first place. Only idiots start with their strongest attack unless they know it will get the job done! Grororororo!”

Kabe’s ears perked up when Ms. Erudite asked to see his blades. Shoving his mountain of food away, Kabe unsheathed the twin sabers and placed them on the table. “You can tell they are incomplete?” Kabe sat confused for a few moments while the fishwoman continued. “Haki… I think that is what some of the knights on my island told me to use…”

Kabe picked up his swords and inspected them during Erudite’s lesson on what exactly Haki was and how it worked. While it was a little confusing and hard for the young knight to wrap his head around, Kabe felt like he had the gist of what Haki was. But of course, experience was the best teacher, and the swordsman had a feeling he was going to test out this “Haki” very soon.

Smiling, Kabe looked at his swords. “But if Haki uses a person’s willpower. Then I will have to make a stronger weapon!”

Outside the Grill

“Boss!”

“Boss!”

“Boss, I know you can hear us!”

A group of suspicious-looking men tailed Scheming Jimmy, though the old gangster didn’t pay them any mind. If they weren’t of any help before then it would fall onto his shoulders, as usual. Steam began to pour out of Jimmy’s ears as he thought about his former status as an underboss of an actual crime family. To think that just a year ago the old man had it made and was living the easy life.

Oh well.

Jim Billiams knew that his rise to infamy was coming any day now. Once the scheming senior had enough men he would begin to start taking more territory, and he would be able to live out his golden years relatively peacefully again. Suddenly, a hand grabbed Jimmy’s shoulder. Spinning around, the wannabe crime boss jumped up and slapped the goon to the side, sending him flying through some poor souls' open window. His wrinkled face turned red as Jimmy faced the remaining thugs. “Since you all insist on being here! Surround this restaurant! That hungry bastard probably went here after he destroyed that Mane Grove Watermelon!”

The old men stood near the entrance as his men spread out. Looking down at his watch, sweat began to cascade down his face. “Why did this have to happen today of all days? I am going to be late if I don’t wrap this up.”

Word Count:
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:49 pm

-⁂-

Erudite sat there, one leg crossed over the other with her elbows placed down atop the table. Hands resting gently underneath her jawline all the while. She focused on the youth who seemed so distracted by his meal that he could barely form a complete sentence but she found herself surprised when he was able to respond to all that she had told him.

It seemed that despite his demeanor, he truly was listening. And this brought the corners of her lips to an upward curl. Her focus sharpened as she realized she could take him seriously. The crew had been lacking someone who had the ambition to master the blade.

Especially since Brood found himself taking a liking to cleavers more. Though, he never claimed to be a swordsman.

At least not anymore.

Kabe’s statement about not starting off with your strongest attack caught her off guard, which caused her to push her knuckles up against her lips in her attempt to stifle a laugh.

She found this lad amusing and knew that the others would feel the same. Especially since he seemed to have the exact opposite philosophy of Captain Bach. He seemed to be driven by the will of his swords and to that end she wondered what his goal was. She had only taken such a strong interest in him because he did have raw untapped talent that was evident to see.

From the way he held his swords to the way he breathed. It all just needed refinement.

If he garnered enough experience in the field, then it would no doubt be a boon to everyone involved. But he spoke of making a stronger weapon and that grabbed her attention.

“Do I reckon ya have sum sorta expertise in blacksmithin’, darlin’? That’s a lil’ bit different than bein’ a whiz with boats, ain’t it? How’re ya plannin’ to make a stronger weapon?”

Perhaps he was being metaphorical, but she highly doubted it. She had no desire to shoot down his dreams, however. So she listened to him closely. If he did have some sort of talent outside of his admitted experience with ships, that would be helpful in the long haul.

Especially since Brood’s plan overall seemed to be the creation of a singular, solitary company.

“If’n yer deadset on that, my Cap’n will be more than happy ta help ya source the materials. Should ya prove yerself worthy of hire, ‘course.”

She was not against the idea of skipping a few stages in this vetting process. Anyone could hire a shipwright, anyone could hire a brute. But he was checking multiple boxes. The kind that put berry signs in her head. She could get this man under her wing if she played her cards right. It was only right to mentor the youth and steer them in the right direction.

Of course, she expected him to answer these questions after he was done dealing with the intruders outside. Whom she had sensed approaching a bit ago, but paid them no mind because they were in no way a threat to herself.

“It seems like yer pals are here... Sort'em out on yer own. Consider this yer physical exam. I'm gonna order me a coffee an make a call.”

{ 544 | 4206 | 5000 }

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord