Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Episode] Mink-staken IdentityYesterday at 11:38 pmPikasso[World Event] A Fool's ErrandYesterday at 10:27 pmMoreau[Claims] Devil Fruit ClaimsYesterday at 8:51 pmRagnar[Advertisement] [Advertisement] Fate/Shards: AU Fate/stay night RPWed Mar 13, 2024 6:51 pmGuest[Arc] Dreams of Kings and Castles: Part III- Invocation Under StarlightThu Mar 07, 2024 4:24 amDoji[Episode] The Bloody ChamberMon Mar 04, 2024 5:22 pmNoah[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSun Mar 03, 2024 7:52 pmDoji[Tracker] Molly TohvThu Feb 29, 2024 10:47 pmMolly Tohv[Claims] Face ClaimsTue Feb 27, 2024 11:15 amGray
Go down
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
[tracker=/t544-anton-la-croix#2124]
Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
Species : Human
Faction : Marine
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Crew Role : Captain
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 1,472,069,543
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[bookworm]][[childofdestiny]]
[[berryprinter]][[punchoutguru]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]
Turf : [turf="/t299-turf-details-minion-island#1113"]Minion Island[/turf]

[Social] What a Beautiful Crew Empty [Social] What a Beautiful Crew

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:51 pm
Anton sat at the end of the long meeting table, looking at the three officers that had been gathered here for this staff meeting.

"First off," he began, "Let me say how proud I am with you all and the progress you're making, both with your assignments and Minion's rebuild. And it seems the higher ups have noticed too. That's why we've been ordered to start heading out into the Grand Line."

Celia spoke up. "Anton, while I think we can really do some good out there, what about Minion? Who's going to be overseeing it?" "That would still be me," Anton replied, "I'll be relaying orders and receiving reports via correspondent."

He turned to the others. "HQ has assigned us a navigator to help us through the Grand Line. She's with Doc Black now, getting her physical. They'll join us shortly."

Post Word Count: 142
Total Word Count: 142

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Yumiko
Yumiko
[tracker=/t1347-yumiko#7408]
Name : Yumiko
Epithet : Kamaitachi
Height : 5'5'' / 165 cm
Weight : 128 lbs. / 58 kg
Faction : Civilian
Devil Fruit : Ita Ita no Mi, Model: Kamaitachi
Balance : [bel] 2,278,965,048
[[baneoftheweak]][[dragonheart]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

[Social] What a Beautiful Crew Empty Re: [Social] What a Beautiful Crew

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:42 am
Sitting on the right side of the table, as usual, the samurai kept quiet and listened to her Master’s words keenly. Arms folded and head held high, she could’ve passed for a lifelike statue. Yet her grip on her arm kept tightening, until her knuckles were white, in a futile attempt to keep the nervous jitters away. She didn’t like this table... Whenever they gathered together like this, it meant some shocking reveal.

And clearly today was no exception.

Two bombshells were dropped in quick succession: a new assignment and a new crewmate. Yumiko’s lips tugged towards a frown. She had to bite her tongue in order to not blurt out anything... defiant. Interrupting was most rude after all.

However, the very instant a pause presented itself, the swordswoman sprung up from her seat. She slapped her hands against the table to punctuate a sudden declaration. “I do not accept this!” Her instincts and manners were screaming at her. Not only did she dare to defy the master, but to speak so informally too... Shameful. Yet, to stay silent on the matter would have been far more disgraceful.

Leveling a stern stare at the Rear Admiral, the Commander collected her composure. “Master... The Grand Line is incredibly dangerous. ‘Tis called the ‘pirate’s graveyard’ for how many lives it has claimed.” Everyone knew the horrific reputation of the long and treacherous stretch of sea. Deep worry glimmered in those icy eyes. “Thou could lose thy life, or worse, thy honor.” One was clearly worse than the other. Her voice wavered, before she caught herself.

“I cannot... Will not allow it.”

However, far be it from the Samurai to disrespect her Master by disagreeing without at least suggesting an alternative. “As the Shogun of Mini Oni, thou should send thy vassals instead.” She held a hand to her chest, speaking from the heart. “We will gladly die for thy sake.” Yep, that was a plural right there. She was sure the other ‘vassals’ would agree with her.

[335]
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai
[tracker=/t1576-ryoichi-ayugai#8716]
Name : Ryoichi Ayugai
Epithet : The Boxing Bear
Height : 6 feet 1 inch (1.85m)
Weight : 198 lbs (95kg)
Faction : Marines
Crew : Blue Fist Academy
Ship : SSS Rocky
Marine Rank : Rear Admiral
Crew Role : Grandmaster
Devil Fruit : Kuma-Kuma no Mi (Bear-Bear Fruit) Model: Polar Bear
Quality Score : A
Income Bonus : +0.15 (Rear Admiral); 0.20 (to all allies)
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 50,000,000
Balance : [bel] 485,600,807
[[baneoftheweak]][[dreamsneverdie]][[childofdestiny]][[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:54 pm
With the hands behind his back, back straight, looking at the table, standing formally, the petty officer known as Ryoichi was standing there... Frankly speaking, it was weird. What is a Petty officer doing in the same room with other officers who were higher ranked than him? Yes, he had been on a mission before with just the Commander and Rear Admiral himself, but this felt a bit more formal thing... Hence why he out of all, simply was standing there. Nevertheless, he took this moment to listen to what they had to say.

Rather interesting news entered his ears. A new member and they would be leaving one of the blues. Off into the lands that are contained within the Grand Line. Sounds quite exciting, while also dangerous. But it is a challenge Ryoichi was ready to take on. One of the members of the crew, however, did not seem to be so eager. Weirdly though, he wasn't that surprised that it was Yumiko who expressed this concern.  While he agreed that it's dangerous, he knew that this trip had to be taken on at one point.

A grin however appeared on his face when he heard something interesting from Yumiko. While it wasn't her intention, it did feel like she compared the marines to pirates. "Commander Yumiko, last time I checked we are not Pirates.". But this was just Ryoichi being a bit nit-picky. He was perfectly aware that the Grand Line has taken plenty of marine lives aswell... It was just a fun moment to poke Yumiko, that's all. "I am quite sure Rear Admiral's honor isn't that fragile." he also added to the remark that followed the Pirate remark from Yumiko.

[285]
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:09 pm
Anton was, honestly a little surprised when Yumiko of all people spoke against the idea of them going into the Grand Line. Though her following statements made perfect sense, at least coming from her. She was concerned about HIM, and while he appreciated it, he didn't exactly like her suggestion of him sending thrm off into the Grand Line instead.

Fortunately, Ryoichi spoke up on his behalf, quite wittily as well. Anton couldn't help but give a small smile before turning to Yumiko. "If I was so fragile as to sit back here, I would hardly be deserving of my rank, now would I?" Indeed, effectively conquering an island put into perspective just how much Anton had grown in strength. "Besides, as Ryoichi says, we're not exactly going in alone. As part of the marines, we have their resources at our disposal."

Celia looked over at him. "I'm honestly a little surprised. You're taking this rather well Anton." Anton gave a small, rueful chuckle. "Well, I figured by this point I'm just gonna keep getting ordered into these situations. Why fight it?" There was the Anton we all know, now resigned to the life of danger he was thrown into.

A knock at the door drew everyone's attention, and the masked face of Julius Black poked his head in. "Sorry for the interruption, but our new navigator is ready to meet you all." Anton gave a small smile and a nod. "Of course. Bring her in."

Dr. Black stepped inside, giving a flourish now expected of the eccentric doctor. "Presenting to you all, all the way from Amazon Lilly, Lieutenant Melanie Adder."

The woman who stepped inside was tall, with an almost enigmatic allure about her. What was really eye catching was the dress she wore. Quite stylish and formal, she looked more dressed to be lounging in a parlor, enjoying a fine drink, than to be here in a crew meeting.

Melanie looked over the gathered people, smiling like a cat who had seen something she liked. "My my, what a beautiful group of people here."

Post Word Count: 347
Total Word Count: 489

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:40 am
The poke proved outright armor-piercing. When Ryoichi provided his brief, but undeniably accurate counter-argument, Yumiko only managed to give him a baffled stare. But, but... Her empathy sputtered and stammered. But what? Her honor asked. The man was absolutely right in his assessment. She raised a finger and opened her mouth, like a gasping fish on dry land, only to hesitate and withdraw her hand.

Reminiscent of a deflating balloon, the samurai slumped back in her seat and hung her head. “Thou are right, of course. I apologize for mine foolish outburst.” Shame burned like embers on her pale cheeks. She buried her face in her hands. How could she blurt out something like that without thinking? Far too often the words just flooded her mind until they spilled onto her tongue... Utterly disgraceful.

Fortunately, the worried woman didn’t stew in her doubts for long. Another distraction presented itself in the form of a familiar mask. The doctor clearly had mastered the divine art of timing, at least in her opinion. Closing her eyes, she focused on her breathing. In... Out... In... And out... There, much better.

When the new navigator stepped in, the swordswoman took a moment to study the peculiar person. The rather imposing height was one thing, as the woman stood taller than even Ryoichi. As for the second... Her cold gaze narrowed, studying the odd attire closely. Standard issue it was most definitely not.

Pushing the thoughts aside for now, Yumiko stood up from her seat and marched around the table. She stopped before the tall woman, staring firmly into her eyes. There was an oddly intense silence, until... “Hail and well met, Melanie of Adder.” Dropping to one knee, she bowed her head. “This one is Kamaitachi no Yumiko, a samurai. ‘Tis an honor to meet thee.” The fact that she outranked the newcomer meant nothing to her. She was pretty much like this around Ryoichi too.

Words: 322
Total: 657
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai
[[baneoftheweak]][[dreamsneverdie]][[childofdestiny]][[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:31 pm
Ryoichi couldn't help but smile as Yumiko was blushing bright red from what he had said. "It's okay, commander Yumiko. I myself may have gone too far aswell." he said with an apologetic manner, which followed with a gentle head bow. It was clear that he was nothing but a bit playful with his comrade and meant no personal harm or an attempt to really sting anyone's feelings.

But it is quite possible that his apology may have flown out of the room with the incoming distraction that was Mr. Plague doctor... Who actually brought some rather good news. No, it isn't that another plague got released... No, that would be bad news. The good news was that the new member of their crew had arrived and he himself introduced her.

When he saw the tall and frankly, quite beautiful and elegant lady enter the room. He couldn't help but have a broad smile on his face. Yes, another lady who has an alive fire burning in her. But there was no time to admire the beauty... Atleast for now. He immediately moved his right hand to perform the salute as the lady had entered the room.

While Yumiko was performing her greeting... Which of course, involved kneeling, he himself took the moment to move over to one of the free chairs, placing the hands on the backrest and very gently pulled the chair out for Melanie. While doing so, he of course, introduced himself to the lady who hopefully would take up to his kind offer of pulling out the chair and seating her. "Petty officer Ryoichi Ayugai, a pleasure to meet you, and at your service."

[280/565]
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:20 pm
Anton was a little surprised by his new crewmate's statement, regarding them all, before his brain quickly caught up. She was of the Kuja, so when she said someone was beautiful she meant... Fortunately, it seemed like the others either didn't catch the statement, or simply ignored it. They were accepting her into the fold well enough.

Anton took a deep breath. "Miss Adder here will be our navigator, and our guide through the Grand Line. Being from the Calm Belt herself, I'm certain she's used to dangerous seas." he watched as the tall Kuja gave a small, polite bow to Yumiko. "A pleasure to meet you. Modesty is a good virtue to have, but there's no need to be so formal dear." She gracefully walked past her to the chair offered by Ryoichi. She leaned down to get a look at him. "Thank you. Chivelrous, AND handsome to boot. And I get the feeling you will only get better from here."

Anton cleared his throat. "I'm glad you approve of the strength of this crew Miss Adder, but let's save that for later, shall we?" Melanie's eyes lit up as she smiled. "Ah, I see you know of our ways. Not many people catch that." Anton nodded. "Indeed. I've made it a point to read up on a lot of things. Helps prevent any unpleasant surprises. Now then, there's one more matter to address."

He looked over at Ryoichi. "Ryoichi Ayugai. In light of your service on Flevance, as well as on other assignments, we've come to the decision you're due for a bit of a change in position. From now on, you are one of my officers, and are to be promoted to the rank of Lieutenant." He gave Ryoichi a smile. "Congratulations."

Post Word Count: 295
Total Word Count: 784

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:23 am
Blissfully ignorant of most foreign cultures, Yumiko was mostly puzzled by the new navigator. No need to be formal...? Nonsense! “‘Tis simply proper manners.” She insisted coldly. Only when the newcomer stepped past her, she finally raised her head again.

While the others talked, the Commander carefully snuck back to Anton’s side. She quirked a brow at the Petty Officer’s odd gesture. A chair...? Could the woman not get one herself? Was there a deeper meaning to it...? She cupped her chin and studied the boxer with her usual, intense stare. He had never done anything like that to her...

The biggest thing, though, was the tall woman’s way of dressing. In the reserved Wano Warrior’s eyes was... erm.... eye-catching, the samurai eventually decided. Polite and neutral enough. Since neither Master nor Sir Ryoichi seemed to find a problem with it, then she wouldn’t judge either.

However, the puzzlement only continued to grow as the swordswoman listened. Beautiful... Handsome... Peculiar and rather superficial word choices to describe fellow soldiers. She quickly shook the thoughts out of her head. Nay, it was not her place to judge.

In a less shocking turn of events... A promotion for the worthy! Now that got an approving nod out of Yumiko. Perhaps even a smile? Well, something kind of like a smile briefly visited her features, before she hid it behind the icy mask. “Congratulations, Sir Ryoichi.” She bowed her head. “I look forward to seeing thou climb to further greatness.” Naturally, she expected the man to aim even higher. Why wouldn't he?

Words: 259
Total: 916
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:46 pm
"That is flattering to hear, miss Lieutenant." he smiles as he gently pushed the chair closer to the table with the Lieutenant now sitting there. He then moved back to his previous spot, moved the hands behind his back, taking back in the "at ease" stance. Waiting for other news... And boy were those some news...

"I'm sorry, what now?" did he hear this right? Ryoichi? A lieutenant? Now that is something odd to hear... For him at least. It's been too little time of service for that, right? There is no way he is ready or even deserving of that rank for now... Although it does make him happy to hear that he is up for something like that... Nevertheless... It had to be said.

"With all due respect, sir, I have to decline the promotion and remain as the Petty officer." His voice was serious, he wasn't joking about what he said. It is quite a jump, from petty officer to Lieutenant... Are we sure Anton isn't making any mistakes?

[172/737]
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:44 am
Both Anton and Celia blinked in response to Ryoichi's decline. Hearing someone turn down a promotion was, honestly, surprising. Granted, Anton had been surprised by his own promotions, but he still had accepted them.

Anton gave Ryoichi a warm smile. "If that's your decision, then I'll respect it. That being said, I still want you here on staff meetings. I do believe you'll achieve great things. And, when the time comes, I'll put the offer up again. So don't think you just torpedoed your career or anything."

Anton sat back in his seat. "OK, What else is there? Grand Line, Melanie, Ryoichi's promotion (except not)..." He thought for a moment, trying to think of what else there was to discuss. "Any issues any of you wish to address?"

Post Word Count: 128
Total Word Count: 912

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:28 am
Akin to a mighty mallet kissing a gong, Ryoichi’s sudden refusal shook Yumiko to her very core. The stoic expression cracked. She recoiled from sheer shock. Her long hair bristled like fur, standing up on the ends.

While the Rear Admiral took the defiance in good jest, the Commander did not agree... Immense worry flared in her heart. To refuse a promotion was nothing short of insubordination. It meant he questioned his superior’s judgment. Such actions would bring dishonor! Dishonor on Sir Anton, dishonor on his cow... If he owned any, at least.

Faster than most eyes could follow, the samurai vanished from her spot and appeared before the boxer. “Sir Ayugai... Ryoichi...” Suddenly, her hands reached for his shoulders, trying to grab on and shake some sense into him. “I implore thee to reconsider.” Shaking intensified.

Much like a mother big sister fussing over her child little brother who refused to study, Yumiko pulled Ryoichi closer. A little too close actually. Her hushed whisper wasn’t as subtle or, well, hushed as she thought. Promotions are a great honor. Think of thy future. Thou have potential for greatness, please do not squander it. She paused briefly to lick her thumb and try to wipe something off the man’s cheek. Food crumbs, she guessed. With some hasty pats, she then tried to smooth out any wrinkles her hands-on approach had caused.

Once the worried woman was satisfied, she stepped back and turned to face their superior. She nearly slammed her head against the long meeting table, with how quickly she bowed. “Master, I deeply apologize for Ryoichi’s careless and disrespectful answer. Please find it in thy heart to let him reconsider.” She could only believe in his kindness.

Her previous captains would have thrown her out by now...

If the Petty Officer didn’t catch the hint, the Commander would soon give him a gentle nudge. ...In the form of an elbow to the ribs. Ryoichi, thou should bow as well. She hissed beneath her breath. It was the proper way to beg for a second chance.

Words: 343
Total: 1259
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:55 am
Ryoichi couldn't help but blink as Yumiko then got fairly close to him, simply to perform the talk with him, which was followed by intense shaking. Ryoichi kept himself fairly loose, which made it seem like Yumiko was shaking a ragdoll in front of her. A fairway to talk sense into someone? "Commander Yumiko. I hear you..." he tried to talk while shaking, which slowly and eventually ended.

Finally, he could have a word himself. While Yumiko made perfect sense with her sentence, he had another idea, perhaps it was something to do with his personal desire? "Promotions are a great honor, no doubt about it, and perhaps someday I feel ready to accept one. But right now, just a bit ago I graduated from marine school. To be given the label of Lieutenant could raise some red flags perhaps? Someone receiving such rank so early may make it seem a bit bad to Rear Admiral, some form of favoritism perhaps?"

He took a moment to take a breath, only to then continue for a bit more. "Me being a petty officer does not mean I cannot serve the people and navy exactly as I have always had. Perhaps me remaining that rank can even be considered an advantage for us. No one would expect a Petty officer to manage something." he would smile as he tried to explain... But it really didn't seem to hold water, right?

Yumiko, however, seemed to be stubborn, even making Ryoichi bow, which he of course did then. He wasn't going to argue about it with Yumiko. "If it really means so much to you, I'll accept it, but in the end it is Rear Admiral's decision."

[283/1020]
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:37 pm
As Anton watched Yumiko's reaction to Ryoichi's refusal, Melanie couldn't help but give a small chuckle. "My my, I didn't realize you inspired such fear in your officers Mr. La'croix." she smiled in a teasing matter. "I don't," Anton replied, "Yumiko just comes from a...different culture." One he had several issues with. But that was for another time. "Yumiko, if Ryoichi doesn't feel ready for the position, than it is within his right to. I can understand that he doesn't want to let me down, as I know you don't either. As I said, I respect your wishes Ryoichi. If you wish to stay at your current rank a little longer, that's fine. Humility is a virtue after all."

With that matter hopefully settled, he looked over everyone in the room. "Now then, anything else anyone wish to discuss? If not, I believe we should get ready to depart. The Grand Line is waiting for us, whether we like it or not."

Post Word Count: 162
Total Word Count: 1,074

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:32 am
Yumiko was left utterly baffled, both by Ryoichi’s reaction and Anton’s agreement. Her wide-eyed stare darted between the men. She... didn’t understand... After the explanations, her head drooped. A grim shadow lingered over her eyes. Slowly, her hands curled into trembling fists. A pained grimace painted her features, as she gritted her teeth.

How foolish...

Something about the boxer’s earnest words resonated deep within the samurai. They stabbed right through her heart. To feel ready to accept one’s rank... Of course. How foolish, how blind had she been until now... She had mistaken thoughtfulness for thanklessness.

The Commander steeled herself with a deep breath, to stop the roiling emotions from overflowing. Clearly Sir Ryoichi understood the importance of one’s rank far better than she did. He was considerate not only of Anton, but his own limits. Such sagely wisdom!

“Then...”

Yumiko lifted her gaze and focused it onto Ryoichi. “I respect thy will. Thy words have opened my eyes. Thank you.” She shifted her unflinching stare onto Anton. Another deep breath sharpened her focus. “Thus I humbly request a demotion to the rank of a recruit.” Despite the drastic demand, her conviction was as solid as steel.

Over the past few weeks, the samurai had learned the Rear Admiral had some strange ideas concerning honor. He wouldn’t allow her the final honor of seppuku, for instance. So she knew she had to convince him. Fortunately... The words flowed naturally from her heart to her lips...

“Over the past weeks... I have utterly failed to uphold mine duty. I have fallen against foes I should have beaten, lost criminals I should have captured, even tried to arrest an innocent civilian... For that, I cannot atone enough.”

Though the trembling returned, the Commander only squeezed her fists tighter. “Mine comrades act strange around me. In their eyes, I can see the reluctance to follow mine orders. In their whispers, I can hear their doubts towards mine abilities.” She still recalled the shameful events of a night where she had been fooled by a deviously forged letter from the local base commander.

The samurai folded her arms and closed her eyes in contemplation. “Many rumors claim that thou only promoted me to get into mine pants. That I am only fit to warm thy bed.” Her blunt tone didn’t even waver as she shared the questionable accusations. “While I do not quite grasp the meaning of these claims, I understand the sentiment behind them.” She hung her head in shame.

“I have been measured... And found wanting.”

With a dramatic flourish, the samurai dropped to her knees and practically slammed her forehead against the floor. “Master, please strip me!” The dramatic declaration roused muffled snickers from the other side of the door. “Of mine ill-gotten uniform and rank! For I truly am unworthy!” The clarification didn’t really help. It was only more fuel for the rumor fire.

Words: 484
Total: 1743
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:32 pm
Ryoichi couldn't help but smile at Yumiko as she had finally accepted his decision aswell, which was followed by a deep head bow and the formal salute followed after that. "Commander Yumiko, thank you for understanding me. It means a lot to me.". The smile and words were genuine. Deep down, it felt like a small rock had lifted from his heart. He had not known her nor Anton for long, but them accepting his decision sure meant something to him.

His smiling face however did a full '180 degree' turn. The smile quickly turned into a frown. What he had heard from Yumiko was, to say the least, surprising. Losing against foes is something one cannot always control. There's always someone stronger than you, sooner or later, so that did not bother him. Failing to always capture someone, also not that huge of a deal... However, an attempted arrest, on the innocent, as she claims them to be?

"Commander Yumiko? What... Whe... Why?" the words just couldn't come out of his mouth. With the combination of her requesting for demotion and the incident, he was baffled. He wanted to say something, he knew she had acted wrong, and it had to be pointed out... But the words... They didn't come out.

But that was not all. Oh no. She kept on revealing the rumor mills. Admittedly, he had heard some trash talk about the higher-ups... That's one of the 'joys' of those who are lower ranked, but never had he himself participated in them... The rumors, though, only having heard some, but those that Yumiko had just now revealed... Whispers... Labeled as a bed warmer... Ryoichi knew what all of that meant, and it was probably all false. Rumors were impossible to avoid, but ones with such disrespect... Unacceptable.

The vision, for a brief moment, went dark. Ryoichi had to shake his head to regain it. The fists clenched, he turned his head side to side, letting some cracks escape his neck. A shiver went through his body. It felt, as if the anger was building up within him... And oh it only had increased, once his enhanced hearing picked up the sneaker... Outside of the office, nearby.

A quick turn was performed, and swift steps were taken towards the exit of the room with the door slammed open. "Come out where ever you are!". His shout was to call out the officers and recruits... Some explaining was to be done.

[412/1432]
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:47 pm
Anton was glad that Yumiko relented in pushing for Ryoichi's promotion. However, this soon led to something both unexpected, and yet one he should have expected. Yumiko requesting to be demoted.

Anton's expression fell. He knew she had been struggling, that she been having difficulty not only adjusting to her new role, but also the world around her. Her mindset was stuck firmly in Wano, foreign to the rest of the world.

But then she mentioned the rumors. Anton's breath caught in his throat. People had been saying that!? Celia briefly looked shocked before her expression hardened, while Doc Black's mask did nothing to hide the distaste the man was feeling. Anton's own shock turned to a burning rage as his face turned grave.

Especially when he picked up sniggering behind the door. Ryoichi seemed to beat him to it, bursting the door open and roaring at those on the other side, much to the surprised screaming of those caught out. "Bring them in," Anton spoke, though his voice remained calm, there was no denying the sheer anger radiating from those words.

Anton turned his attention back to Yumiko, his face softening to a sad expression. "I fear you might be right Yumiko. I had thought one who was assigned as my second in command should have an appropriate rank. But I didn't stop to think if you could handle it. I put too much upon you and did you a disservice as a result. I hope you can forgive me." He took a deep breath. "As such, I am granting your request. However, I will not demote you to recruit. Despite how you feel, you ARE better than that rank. I will instead bring you down to the rank of Petty Officer, the same as Ryoichi." He looked over at Celia, "Would you be able to handle Yumiko's duties in the meantime?" The shorter woman nodded, though her expression made it clear she wished it hadn't come to this.

He looked back at Yumiko. "I do believe you have great potential Yumiko. I really do. I just hope this gives you a chance to realize it." All the while, Melanie watched quietly.

Post Word Count: 363
Total Word Count: 1,437

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:30 am
Bitter...

Failure, disappointment, the tears choked back... It all tasted so bitter. Yumiko stubbornly gritted her teeth, trying and failing to keep it inside. Drip, drop, salty sorrow stained the floor. And she fought back, one wavering breath at a time.

A samurai did not show weakness.

Meanwhile, Ryoichi’s sudden outburst went without an answer, but not unnoticed. The swordwoman’s ears twitched and hair bristled at the violent slam. She understood his disbelief, his anger, for she had let him down. The realization twisted her stomach, threatening to turn it upside down.

Surprised screams echoed from the hallway, accompanied by racket and ruckus. Perhaps some punches and choice words were flung around too. Only the boxer knew what exactly was happening there... But it was safe to assume it wasn’t exactly a calm and civilized debate on the topic of spreading rumors.

When the Rear Admiral, against all expectations, granted the disgraced officer’s request, she raised her head only enough for a firm nod. “As is thy will, Master.” And back to the floor she went. All her problems had begun with arrogance, a foolish belief in her own worth. She knew better now.

Thus Anton’s kind sentiment was met with a frigid reception. “Thou are mistaken, Master.” Yumiko’s voice found an eerie calmness, like a frozen pond in the middle of the night. Cold... And dark. “This one is a blade. This one cuts what mine master wills to be cut. That is the true essence of samurai.” She had always been a samurai first and a marine second. Only now she truly saw it. Her eyes were finally open.

The freshly demoted Petty Officer remained on the floor. She had no intention to rise until given a clear permission. From this moment onward, she would follow orders, even if it killed her. ...Especially if it killed her.

Words: 309
Total: 2052
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:48 am
"What the hell are you on about? We have done nothing!" the group of recruits, mixed with some petty officers and seamen without hesitation began to defend their position. Ryoichi slammed his right fist into his right palm and cracked the knuckles. "For the last time, go and step into the office. Rear Admiral's orders." the orders had reached Ryoichi's ear just after he had exited the room.

"Who the hell do you think you are to tell us what to do? Punk, you are nothing but a petty officer here." the group remained to defend their position, stooping so low as to mock one's rank. Perhaps at this point, his rank of Lieutenant would have come in handy... No matter. "We won't come anywhere without the Rear Admiral telling us. Now go rub off.". Disrespect for Ryoichi seemed to increase. Despite all his efforts as the marine, his simple one-time burst of anger here had played it all away. Perhaps him gently trying to defend the former Commander had done that aswell.

Ryoichi's hand extended out towards the back turned petty officer and placed on his shoulder. Last chance to talk some sense into the main spokesperson of the current gossiping group. "Ah so she has climbed into your bed... Sorry... Hammock aswell? Considering you have defended her in the past and tried to win our favor.". Bam! A fist into the face of the petty officer, which followed by a couple more into the faces of the marines who tried to defend their spokesperson. Ryoichi was no ordinary Petty officer... He was head and shoulders above them in terms of strength

"For someone who talks some mad shit... You certainly aren't able to land a hit. ANYONE ELSE?!" he looked at the small group of marines that he had caught. Crickets were chirping. Ryoichi grabbed a hold of the petty officer and then motioned at the rest. "Pick the other two up and follow me."

Off they were, back to the big office where the other higher-ups were sitting. "You people never learn. Respect matters a lot, and you did not make it easier for the Commander. If you get caught with your bullshit, be ready to admit it. Be a man." he sighed, feeling a small regret of having to raise his fist against them. It was the wrong thing to do... But deep down, he was ready, for whatever punishment. And oh the marines were ready to rat on him... Oh, they were ready, the moment they got through the door. "Read Admiral sir! Petty Officer Ayugai raised his fist against us and beat three of our members to the pulp for no good reason!". Ryoichi let out another sigh as he placed the knocked-down marine on the ground. He was conscious, but a bruise could be seen on his cheek.

As calm of a tone as he could have, Ryoichi responded. "I admit I raised my fist. But the group from behind the door is here." "You brought us here with a lie! You said the rear admiral ordered us!" an immediate fire was shot back.

[512/1953]
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:36 pm
Anton's expression fell further when he heard Yumiko's response. That was the woman he knew. Considering herself less than human. "Oh Yumiko," he sighed sadly. He just wished there was some way to reach her.

However, that would have to wait as Ryoichi dragged in the offending crewmen. It had seemed that Ryoichi had to get violent with them, as they tried to defend themselves, claiming Ryoichi had lied to them. "I did." Anton's voice was immediately followed by silenced as they realized their mistake. They sat there, trembling as Anton rose to his feet and walked over to them.

"It has come to my attention that there have been some disgusting rumors floating around my ship, regarding Yumiko here." His eyes narrowed as he spoke, keeping the boiling anger inside him in check. "First of all, you may be interested to know that Yumiko has voluntarily stepped down to the rank of Petty Officer, while Ryoichi here just turned down a promotion to Lieutenant." Hopefully learning of such humble acts would make thrm realize what jackasses they had been. But Anton wasn't done.

"And second, I want to make this perfectly clear. I did NOT promote her to have sex with her. I have NOT had sex with her. And frankly, I'm fairly certain she doesn't even know what sex is!" He didn't want to embarrass anyone by being so blunt, but it seemed like the only way to get this across. "So these rumors stop NOW! Understand?"

He took a deep breath as he turned to Ryoichi. "Ryoichi, while personally I approve of you giving these miscreants a good punch to the face, you did commit violence against them and there are rules. As such, I'm confining you to the brig for our voyqge into the Grand Line. I hope you understand." He personally didn't want to, but rules are rules, and Anton couldn't afford to play favorites right now.

Post Word Count: 322
Total Word Count: 1,759

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:55 am
Violence was never the answer. It was a question and Ryoichi’s answer was ‘yes’. While his methods may have been questionable, his efficiency was top notch. The bleating sheep were quickly herded into the beast’s den.

Anton’s scathing scolding left the snickering soldiers speechless. Their attitudes deflated like leaking balloons. The blunt comment was met with a range of reactions, from wide-eyed shock to skeptical stares. None dared to disagree, however.

Yumiko, meanwhile, hesitated before the overwhelming presence. Embarrassment burned like hot coals against her cheeks. “This one... is ashamed to admit such a glaring gap in mine knowledge, but ‘tis true. The meaning of that word is lost on me.” She eventually confessed.

Trying to piece the puzzle together proved pointless. The swordswoman’s best guess was that this ‘sex’ was some manner of food or drink. How else would one ‘have’ it with someone? Yet neither of those had any connection to pants or warming beds. How strange...

Coming from a culture of rigid morals was only the part of the reason why the samurai was so puzzled by the peculiar word. Her curse had cut parental support short. Constant training and deployments had kept prospective teachers away. Even the almighty Marine Code didn’t explain the word.

The admission was enough to spark the last lecherous flames. One of the mouthy soldiers leered at the kneeling woman. “Heh, we can teach you what it means, right boys? Ahahahaha!” His dirty chortle slowly faded away, when he realized none of his buddies were laughing. “Hah.. hah... Right...?” Briefly he wondered if he just heard someone crack their knuckles again...

And dearly hoped that it was just his imagination.

Words: 278
Total: 2329
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:58 pm
Bluntness was... Certainly appreciated, but at this moment it felt like it could have been a bit less blunt, some beating around the bush perhaps. Either way, it had to be said, and the gossip had to be put down by the rear admiral himself, and boy did he do that. Ryoichi had retaken his at-ease stance while listening to the scolding... Until it was his turn to tell at.

A soft sigh escaped him after he had heard about his punishment... But frankly, it did not come as a surprise to him. What he did went against everything he had learned in the marine school, even if he did not agree with the absolute justice system. "I... Understand, I come in peace." he extended his hands, indicating his willing surrender and to be cuffed.

All the things that Anton had talked about didn't seem to reach everyone... Especially the loudest of the current gossiping group. He felt a soft vein throbbing around his forehead when he heard the vulgar suggestion right in front of all the higher-ups, and Yumiko with Ryoichi himself. His surrendering extended hands swiftly moved and the cracking sound of knuckles could be heard once more. "I have heard of rumors about a certain level of Impel Down. It had this interesting common activity... What's it called... Ah yes, the regular soap-dropping contest. Certainly poppycock but... One can wonder... Perhaps we should send you there to find it out?"

Ryoichi aimed his piercing gaze and a warning at the loudmouth of a marine for even suggesting anything so vulgar, but he did not move to raise his fist at him, as the hands were then yet again set at the surrendering position, with them in front of him and ready to be cuffed. That certainly must've silenced him finally, right?

[304/2257]
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:10 pm
Anton glanced at Yumiko with a sympathetic look. Her not knowing about sex explained so much. In fact, remembering her actions and her world view, that statement had other, more unsettling implications. Just what did Yumiko know about the world? He gave a small sigh. At least Ryoichi wasn't arguing about going to the brig. A show of character that further convinced Anton the man deserved a promotion.

Then, one of the seamen just had to open his mouth.

Anton slowly approached the three. The offending man in question. His eyes were bugging out, a part of him trying to fully grasp what this guy just said, as the doomed man's comrades tried to put some distance between them and him.

"Seaman Bowork, was it?"

The man flinched. It was bad enough getting chewed out by your boss, but it was worse when said boss knew your name off the top of his head. "I had JUST explained how these filthy rumors are to stop," Anton said, slowly leaning towards him, "And the first, the FIRST thing you do is sexually harass Yumiko, in FRONT OF ME!?" Everyone was bracing for it. Being yelled at by someone with the word "screaming" in their epitaph was not something people wanted.

Instead, Anton stood up and took a deep breath. "Celia, see to it that these three are put on cleaning detail, until we get to the Grand Line." Bowork flinched under Anton's glare, "except for Seaman Bowork here, who's to remain on cleaning detail until I say so!" Celia nodded as she got up to herd the men from the room.

He looked over at Yumiko. "Yumiko, please escort Ryoichi to the brig. Thrn report to Doc Black. There are things he needs to teach you." Doc Black nodded, getting up to leave as well.

Anton slumped back in his seat. "Dismissed."

Post Word Count: 311
Total Word Count: 2,070

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:06 pm
Two-fold scolding was enough to make even the rowdiest troublemaker shut his trap. Good thing too. Even a peep more from him and someone would’ve snapped. Whether that would’ve entailed bruises or shattered eardrums remained, thankfully, a mystery.

Yumiko, meanwhile, quietly concluded that something had been wrong with Seaman Bowork’s generous offer to teach her. She didn’t dare to ask, however. Never before had she seen her superior this upset. What was this sexy-ally and how did one harass it?

When the command came, the Petty Officer finally rose from the floor. “As is thy will, Master.” She got a pair of handcuffs from Celia, to fulfill her duty. As expected of the Staff Officer. So reliable.

With a soft click, the cuffs tightened around the boxer’s wrists. The samurai moved like a clock, machine-like precision trained to a routine. “This way, Sir Ayugai.” She spoke softly, before walking away with the man in tow. This... All of this... Was just a formality. She felt no hostility from him, no intent to rebel.

This was simply something they both had to do...

The brig was, perhaps, the dampest and murkiest part of the ship. Thick steel doors were meant to keep even the rowdiest criminals at bay. Now they turned against an ally. A friend. Yet Yumiko had nothing to say. Her mind was fully focused on completing the task.

Without so much as a word, the Petty Officer directed her comrade into the cell. Another soft click freed his hands from the cuffs, the only piece of mercy the protocol allowed. As she stopped to close the door, she hesitated briefly. Her lips parted... Yet words refused to come out.

The door closed with a grim thud.

Yumiko took a brief moment’s rest at the exit. A couple of deep breaths. Perhaps... It was a good thing she had to report to Doctor Black... For she felt sick to her stomach. As for what she would learn from him, well...

Only time would tell.

Words: 335
Total: 2664
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:34 am
A smile crept on Ryoichi face as Yumiko cuffed his hands, for absolutely no reason. He did not mind it one bit that he is being cuffed and taken to the brig, he didn't resist the arrest nor rebel. He simply followed Yumiko as she was towing him away.

The silence ensued on their way to the brig, which Ryoichi couldn't take. He was about to enter into the room full of silence for a good few days anyway. He tried to kill the silence with some whistling... Then some humming... And then he tried to speak. "You really are the silent one, warden.", a smile followed that, only to not get any response from Yumiko herself. Saddening, but understandable. For all he could know, she probably thinks of him as a criminal right now.

He shrugged it off and got himself ready to be locked up. A nice added mercy bonus was that his handcuffs were removed right before he stepped into the cell. A couple of steps in and he turned around to face Yumiko, giving her a small smile and waves with his hand, "See you soon.". The door slammed shut... The smile faded.

"So this is where it begins.". Knuckles were cracked, neck aswell. Arms and legs were warmed up... Imaginary opponent showed up. It was time to face it... It was time, to strengthen his will and determination, to his duty... And come out a better man.

[242/2499]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord