Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Go down
Anton La'croix
Tracker

Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
Species : Human
Faction : Marine
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Crew Role : Captain
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
Haki Level : 5
Hitpoints (HP) : 270
Attack (ATK) : 360
Defense (DEF) : 340
Reflex (RX) : 380
Willpower (WP) : 340
Level : 58
Experience Points : 5807
Income Multiplier : +43%
Berries Berries : 187,640,000
[[bookworm]][[hardboiled]][[berryprinter]]
[[atkt4]][[atkt3]][[deft3]][[rxt3]]
Turf : Minion Island;
View user profile

[Social] What a Beautiful Crew Empty [Social] What a Beautiful Crew

Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:51 pm
Anton sat at the end of the long meeting table, looking at the three officers that had been gathered here for this staff meeting.

"First off," he began, "Let me say how proud I am with you all and the progress you're making, both with your assignments and Minion's rebuild. And it seems the higher ups have noticed too. That's why we've been ordered to start heading out into the Grand Line."

Celia spoke up. "Anton, while I think we can really do some good out there, what about Minion? Who's going to be overseeing it?" "That would still be me," Anton replied, "I'll be relaying orders and receiving reports via correspondent."

He turned to the others. "HQ has assigned us a navigator to help us through the Grand Line. She's with Doc Black now, getting her physical. They'll join us shortly."
Yumiko
Tracker

Name : Yumiko
Epithet : Kamaitachi
Height : 5'5'' / 165 cm
Weight : 128 lbs. / 58 kg
Marine Rank : Commander
Crew Role : First Mate
Devil Fruit : Ita Ita no Mi, Model: Kamaitachi
Haki Level : 3
Hitpoints (HP) : 220
Attack (ATK) : 300
Defense (DEF) : 120
Reflex (RX) : 250
Willpower (WP) : 240
Level : 34
Experience Points : 3438
Income Multiplier : +13%
Berries Berries : 10,896,000
[[baneoftheweak]][[dragonheart]][[childofdestiny]]
[[atkt3]][[deft1]][[deft1]]
View user profile

[Social] What a Beautiful Crew Empty Re: [Social] What a Beautiful Crew

Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:42 am
Sitting on the right side of the table, as usual, the samurai kept quiet and listened to her Master’s words keenly. Arms folded and head held high, she could’ve passed for a lifelike statue. Yet her grip on her arm kept tightening, until her knuckles were white, in a futile attempt to keep the nervous jitters away. She didn’t like this table... Whenever they gathered together like this, it meant some shocking reveal.

And clearly today was no exception.

Two bombshells were dropped in quick succession: a new assignment and a new crewmate. Yumiko’s lips tugged towards a frown. She had to bite her tongue in order to not blurt out anything... defiant. Interrupting was most rude after all.

However, the very instant a pause presented itself, the swordswoman sprung up from her seat. She slapped her hands against the table to punctuate a sudden declaration. “I do not accept this!” Her instincts and manners were screaming at her. Not only did she dare to defy the master, but to speak so informally too... Shameful. Yet, to stay silent on the matter would have been far more disgraceful.

Leveling a stern stare at the Rear Admiral, the Commander collected her composure. “Master... The Grand Line is incredibly dangerous. ‘Tis called the ‘pirate’s graveyard’ for how many lives it has claimed.” Everyone knew the horrific reputation of the long and treacherous stretch of sea. Deep worry glimmered in those icy eyes. “Thou could lose thy life, or worse, thy honor.” One was clearly worse than the other. Her voice wavered, before she caught herself.

“I cannot... Will not allow it.”

However, far be it from the Samurai to disrespect her Master by disagreeing without at least suggesting an alternative. “As the Shogun of Mini Oni, thou should send thy vassals instead.” She held a hand to her chest, speaking from the heart. “We will gladly die for thy sake.” Yep, that was a plural right there. She was sure the other ‘vassals’ would agree with her.

[335]
Ryoichi Ayugai
Tracker

Name : Ryoichi Ayugai
Epithet : The Bear
Height : 6 feet 1 inch (1.85m)
Weight : 198 lbs (95kg)
Faction : Marines
Marine Rank : Petty Officer
Crew Role : Gunner
Devil Fruit : Kuma-Kuma no Mi (Bear-Bear Fruit) Model: Polar Bear
Haki Level : 2
Hitpoints (HP) : 175
Attack (ATK) : 155
Defense (DEF) : 140
Reflex (RX) : 160
Willpower (WP) : 150
Level : 18
Experience Points : 1822
Berries Berries : 13,223,000
[[childofdestiny]]
[[atkt2]][[deft2]][[rxt2]][[wpt2]]
View user profile

Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:54 pm
With the hands behind his back, back straight, looking at the table, standing formally, the petty officer known as Ryoichi was standing there... Frankly speaking, it was weird. What is a Petty officer doing in the same room with other officers who were higher ranked than him? Yes, he had been on a mission before with just the Commander and Rear Admiral himself, but this felt a bit more formal thing... Hence why he out of all, simply was standing there. Nevertheless, he took this moment to listen to what they had to say.

Rather interesting news entered his ears. A new member and they would be leaving one of the blues. Off into the lands that are contained within the Grand Line. Sounds quite exciting, while also dangerous. But it is a challenge Ryoichi was ready to take on. One of the members of the crew, however, did not seem to be so eager. Weirdly though, he wasn't that surprised that it was Yumiko who expressed this concern.  While he agreed that it's dangerous, he knew that this trip had to be taken on at one point.

A grin however appeared on his face when he heard something interesting from Yumiko. While it wasn't her intention, it did feel like she compared the marines to pirates. "Commander Yumiko, last time I checked we are not Pirates.". But this was just Ryoichi being a bit nit-picky. He was perfectly aware that the Grand Line has taken plenty of marine lives aswell... It was just a fun moment to poke Yumiko, that's all. "I am quite sure Rear Admiral's honor isn't that fragile." he also added to the remark that followed the Pirate remark from Yumiko.

[285]
Anton La'croix
Tracker

View user profile

Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:09 pm
Anton was, honestly a little surprised when Yumiko of all people spoke against the idea of them going into the Grand Line. Though her following statements made perfect sense, at least coming from her. She was concerned about HIM, and while he appreciated it, he didn't exactly like her suggestion of him sending thrm off into the Grand Line instead.

Fortunately, Ryoichi spoke up on his behalf, quite wittily as well. Anton couldn't help but give a small smile before turning to Yumiko. "If I was so fragile as to sit back here, I would hardly be deserving of my rank, now would I?" Indeed, effectively conquering an island put into perspective just how much Anton had grown in strength. "Besides, as Ryoichi says, we're not exactly going in alone. As part of the marines, we have their resources at our disposal."

Celia looked over at him. "I'm honestly a little surprised. You're taking this rather well Anton." Anton gave a small, rueful chuckle. "Well, I figured by this point I'm just gonna keep getting ordered into these situations. Why fight it?" There was the Anton we all know, now resigned to the life of danger he was thrown into.

A knock at the door drew everyone's attention, and the masked face of Julius Black poked his head in. "Sorry for the interruption, but our new navigator is ready to meet you all." Anton gave a small smile and a nod. "Of course. Bring her in."

Dr. Black stepped inside, giving a flourish now expected of the eccentric doctor. "Presenting to you all, all the way from Amazon Lilly, Lieutenant Melanie Adder."

The woman who stepped inside was tall, with an almost enigmatic allure about her. What was really eye catching was the dress she wore. Quite stylish and formal, she looked more dressed to be lounging in a parlor, enjoying a fine drink, than to be here in a crew meeting.

Melanie looked over the gathered people, smiling like a cat who had seen something she liked. "My my, what a beautiful group of people here."
Yumiko
Tracker

View user profile

Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:40 am
The poke proved outright armor-piercing. When Ryoichi provided his brief, but undeniably accurate counter-argument, Yumiko only managed to give him a baffled stare. But, but... Her empathy sputtered and stammered. But what? Her honor asked. The man was absolutely right in his assessment. She raised a finger and opened her mouth, like a gasping fish on dry land, only to hesitate and withdraw her hand.

Reminiscent of a deflating balloon, the samurai slumped back in her seat and hung her head. “Thou are right, of course. I apologize for mine foolish outburst.” Shame burned like embers on her pale cheeks. She buried her face in her hands. How could she blurt out something like that without thinking? Far too often the words just flooded her mind until they spilled onto her tongue... Utterly disgraceful.

Fortunately, the worried woman didn’t stew in her doubts for long. Another distraction presented itself in the form of a familiar mask. The doctor clearly had mastered the divine art of timing, at least in her opinion. Closing her eyes, she focused on her breathing. In... Out... In... And out... There, much better.

When the new navigator stepped in, the swordswoman took a moment to study the peculiar person. The rather imposing height was one thing, as the woman stood taller than even Ryoichi. As for the second... Her cold gaze narrowed, studying the odd attire closely. Standard issue it was most definitely not.

Pushing the thoughts aside for now, Yumiko stood up from her seat and marched around the table. She stopped before the tall woman, staring firmly into her eyes. There was an oddly intense silence, until... “Hail and well met, Melanie of Adder.” Dropping to one knee, she bowed her head. “This one is Kamaitachi no Yumiko, a samurai. ‘Tis an honor to meet thee.” The fact that she outranked the newcomer meant nothing to her. She was pretty much like this around Ryoichi too.

Words: 322
Total: 657
Ryoichi Ayugai
Tracker

Name : Ryoichi Ayugai
Epithet : The Bear
Height : 6 feet 1 inch (1.85m)
Weight : 198 lbs (95kg)
Faction : Marines
Marine Rank : Petty Officer
Crew Role : Gunner
Devil Fruit : Kuma-Kuma no Mi (Bear-Bear Fruit) Model: Polar Bear
Haki Level : 2
Hitpoints (HP) : 175
Attack (ATK) : 155
Defense (DEF) : 140
Reflex (RX) : 160
Willpower (WP) : 150
Level : 18
Experience Points : 1822
Berries Berries : 13,223,000
[[childofdestiny]]
[[atkt2]][[deft2]][[rxt2]][[wpt2]]
View user profile

Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:31 pm
Ryoichi couldn't help but smile as Yumiko was blushing bright red from what he had said. "It's okay, commander Yumiko. I myself may have gone too far aswell." he said with an apologetic manner, which followed with a gentle head bow. It was clear that he was nothing but a bit playful with his comrade and meant no personal harm or an attempt to really sting anyone's feelings.

But it is quite possible that his apology may have flown out of the room with the incoming distraction that was Mr. Plague doctor... Who actually brought some rather good news. No, it isn't that another plague got released... No, that would be bad news. The good news was that the new member of their crew had arrived and he himself introduced her.

When he saw the tall and frankly, quite beautiful and elegant lady enter the room. He couldn't help but have a broad smile on his face. Yes, another lady who has an alive fire burning in her. But there was no time to admire the beauty... Atleast for now. He immediately moved his right hand to perform the salute as the lady had entered the room.

While Yumiko was performing her greeting... Which of course, involved kneeling, he himself took the moment to move over to one of the free chairs, placing the hands on the backrest and very gently pulled the chair out for Melanie. While doing so, he of course, introduced himself to the lady who hopefully would take up to his kind offer of pulling out the chair and seating her. "Petty officer Ryoichi Ayugai, a pleasure to meet you, and at your service."

[280/565]
Anton La'croix
Tracker

View user profile

Yesterday at 1:20 pm
Anton was a little surprised by his new crewmate's statement, regarding thrm all, before his brain quickly caught up. She was of the Kuja, so when she said someone was beautiful she meant... Fortunately, it seemed like the others either didn't catch the statement, or simply ignored it. They were accepting her into the fold well enough.

Anton took a deep breath. "Miss Adder here will be our navigator, and our guide through the Grand Line. Being from the Calm Belt herself, I'm certain she's used to dangerous seas." he watched as the tall Kuja gave a small, polite bow to Yumiko. "A pleasure to meet you. Modesty is a good virtue to have, but there's no need to be so formal dear." She gracefully walked past her to the chair offered by Ryoichi. She leaned down to get a look at him. "Thank you. Chivelrous, AND handsome to boot. And I get the feeling you will only get better from here."

Anton cleared his throat. "I'm glad you approve of the strength of this crew Miss Adder, but let's save that for later, shall we?" Melanie's eyes lit up as she smiled. "Ah, I see you know of our ways. Not many people catch that." Anton nodded. "Indeed. I've made it a point to read up on a lot of things. Helps prevent any unpleasant surprises. Now then, there's one more matter to address."

He looked over at Ryoichi. "Ryoichi Ayugai. In light of your service on Flevance, as well as on other assignments, we've come to the decision you're due for a bit of a change in position. From now on, you are one of my officers, and are to be promoted to the rank of Lieutenant." He gave Ryoichi a smile. "Congratulations."
Yumiko
Tracker

View user profile

Today at 5:23 am
Blissfully ignorant of most foreign cultures, Yumiko was mostly puzzled by the new navigator. No need to be formal...? Nonsense! “‘Tis simply proper manners.” She insisted coldly. Only when the newcomer stepped past her, she finally raised her head again.

While the others talked, the Commander carefully snuck back to Anton’s side. She quirked a brow at the Petty Officer’s odd gesture. A chair...? Could the woman not get one herself? Was there a deeper meaning to it...? She cupped her chin and studied the boxer with her usual, intense stare. He had never done anything like that to her...

The biggest thing, though, was the tall woman’s way of dressing. In the reserved Wano Warrior’s eyes was... erm.... eye-catching, the samurai eventually decided. Polite and neutral enough. Since neither Master nor Sir Ryoichi seemed to find a problem with it, then she wouldn’t judge either.

However, the puzzlement only continued to grow as the swordswoman listened. Beautiful... Handsome... Peculiar and rather superficial word choices to describe fellow soldiers. She quickly shook the thoughts out of her head. Nay, it was not her place to judge.

In a less shocking turn of events... A promotion for the worthy! Now that got an approving nod out of Yumiko. Perhaps even a smile? Well, something kind of like a smile briefly visited her features, before she hid it behind the icy mask. “Congratulations, Sir Ryoichi.” She bowed her head. “I look forward to seeing thou climb to further greatness.” Naturally, she expected the man to aim even higher. Why wouldn't he?

Words: 259
Total: 916
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord