Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsYesterday at 10:41 pmSkoll[Market] [Trade] Trading ForumYesterday at 10:35 pmSkoll[Crew] Skoll's Rescue & RaidingYesterday at 10:24 pmSkoll[Bio] Aya "Pikasso" RuizWed Apr 17, 2024 1:28 pmGray[World Event] A Fool's ErrandTue Apr 16, 2024 2:00 pmAnne La Tene[Episode] Ancient Blood ArisesTue Apr 16, 2024 1:25 pmLavender[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsMon Apr 15, 2024 8:30 amGray[Saga] [Black Drum Island Conquest] The Bottom Line Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:40 pmNoah[Crew] The Vintage HordeSun Apr 14, 2024 3:04 pmOrion Montgomery
Go down
Yumiko
Yumiko
[tracker=/t1347-yumiko#7408]
Name : Yumiko
Epithet : Kamaitachi
Height : 5'5'' / 165 cm
Weight : 128 lbs. / 58 kg
Species : Human
Faction : Civilian
Devil Fruit : Ita Ita no Mi, Model: Kamaitachi
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 2,278,965,048
[[baneoftheweak]][[dragonheart]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Saga] [Part 4] Black as Tar - Page 2 Empty Re: [Saga] [Part 4] Black as Tar

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:53 am
Eventually, the weasel woman managed to burrow out of the bottle pile. Her head was still spinning, as she struggled to find her bearings. The events from the past few minutes flashed through her skull, accompanied by twangs of pain. She had forgotten how hard her former Captain could hit... Worse yet, she could tell when someone was holding back. The biggest bruise was left on her pride.

The samurai clutched her gut and hobbled along weakly. She could feel her stupor fading... And the creeping sickness following in its wake... She would retreat to the ship for now and get some rest before the next trial. No matter what, she could not allow her crew to see her in such a shameful state. Quietly she cursed that damned poison... And her own weakness to its siren song.

As the warrior snuck past another beer tent, a sudden shout assaulted her hearing. “Bitchass motherFUCKER! She clamped her hands over her ears. The voice reverberated through her skull like a wrecking ball. Every glass and bottle nearby quivered, like they might shatter at any moment. Weakly she managed to peek at the commotion.

A badly bruised fishman was laying on the floor, surrounded by Misfit Pirates. Eyes rolled back, he sputtered blood and strange black muck. His twitching hands clutched a broken fishing harpoon.

The other half of the weapon was currently lodged through the stomach of Greed Nay, the loudmouthed punk captain. Despite the grievous injury, he was still laying an absolute beatdown on the unconscious foe. “Stupid fuckin’ twat! You wanna start somethin’, huh?! HUH?!” It took five crewmates to pry him off.

Whispers were passed back and forth, but the weasel’s ears were ringing too much to catch any of them. Rather, her attention focused on exchange between familiar faces. Six, the fierce girl almost as loud as her captain, grimaced at the wounds. “Boss... Shit, that got you bad...” Banishing the hesitation, she barked commands at her comrades.

“Oi fuckfaces! Quit gawking and get Doc Ramones here! NOW!”

Greed grabbed the jagged spear and tore it out without even flinching. “Bitch, please. A botched piercing hurts more than this weak shit.” Cracking a weak grin, he snatched a bottle of strong, clear booze and poured it all over himself. “First that armor bastard and now this... Somethin’s fucked...” He mumbled beneath his breath, marching back to his seat.

Yumiko’s cautious gaze drifted from the punk pirates onto the floored fishman. Something about that... thing... sent shivers down her spine. Despite the horrific injuries, the creature still looked so... animate. Like it might get back up any second now. Disgusting.

Pushing the thoughts aside, the warrior hurriedly hobbled away. The ship. She had to get back to the ship. No matter how she tried, she couldn’t quite ignore the punk pirate’s mutter. Something strange was going on here...

Words: 480
Thread Total: 2229
Saga Total: 27 926

Last edited by Yumiko on Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai
[tracker=/t1576-ryoichi-ayugai#8716]
Name : Ryoichi Ayugai
Epithet : The Boxing Bear
Height : 6 feet 1 inch (1.85m)
Weight : 198 lbs (95kg)
Faction : Marines
Crew : Blue Fist Academy
Ship : SSS Rocky
Marine Rank : Rear Admiral
Crew Role : Grandmaster
Devil Fruit : Kuma-Kuma no Mi (Bear-Bear Fruit) Model: Polar Bear
Quality Score : A
Income Bonus : +0.15 (Rear Admiral); 0.20 (to all allies)
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 50,000,000
Balance : [bel] 485,600,807
[[baneoftheweak]][[dreamsneverdie]][[childofdestiny]][[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:43 pm
"Me?" a loud echoing chuckle left the humanoid octopus-cyclops-longarm hybrid of a creature, blowing away even the clouds that were up in the air. "Call me the one who rules this world. This world, of YOURS."

As the last word was said with a menacing tone, the large light pink tentacle bust through the fluffy cloud floor and immediately wrapped around Ryoichi, taking him closer to the creature's large eye to stare right into his soul with it.

"Urgh... Ruler, huh... And what does an ugly creature like you do at a beautiful place like this?"

Amused, and yet insulted at the same time, the creature squeezed the tentacles of his around Ryoichi harder, so hard in fact that some of the cracks echoed through the sky, leaving Ryoichi to scream out in pain.

"So you got jokes. Very funny. You bafoon have no idea what you have gotten yourself into. But no matter... I am a generous god after all, and will let you know that this is the end."

"Tsk... God... End of... What? For a generous... God... You make zero sense." through the pain of the body being crushed, Ryoichi spoke with a less audible tone.

The tentacle that was gripping around Ryoichi was raised up together with Ryoichi himself. "Fix your trusting... Deep down, you know why you are here... But I shall let you leave this forsaken place that you call a paradise in your own right. Keep living."

And with that, the creature who referred to himself as god tossed Ryoichi, breaking through the pillowy surface, and sending him flying down into the darkness that awaited him below the surface.

In the world of the living

"Clear!"

Melanie shouted out louder than the den den mushi could manage to keep beeping. It was to notify Doc Black that Ryoichi was ready to receive the medication... And the medication Doc Black sure did give him.

With both hands holding onto the syringe, Doc Black brought the needle down, tearing a hole into Ryoichi's skin, breaking into the chest to inject the medication he had prepared to combat the man's racing heartbeat and ease the fever.

"Hang in there. We'll get through it" Doc Black said assuringly to Ryoichi who did not hear a thing, but Melanie did. It did not take too long for the medicine in tandem with the antidote to do its thing, and the Den Den Mushi was the indicator of it with the beeping, stabilizing.

"He seems to be stabilizing... Thank goodness." Melanie remarked to Doc Black who nod his head and took a step away from Ryoichi. "Now it's the waiting game once more."

Outside, off the ship

"Hey, who do you think you are messing wi...- WOAH!"

From between the festival area tents, a mass horde of people was emerging. Those who stand in their way get tossed aside, or worse... The loud-mouthed one faced the less harsh of those options... But not all were that lucky.

On the surface, it looked like just your regular old "civilians" and other pirates acting like they were out of their minds as if the people were zombies themselves, but they did not look like how they have been described in the massive world of fantasies. Only the forces above knew what they were thinking right now or why they even decided to act as they were.

It did not take long for them to start targeting various ships, included among them was the "borrowed" ship of the pirates looking like the fairies themselves.

"The ships are under attack! Everyone, defend the ship!"

The shouts echoed off the multiple ships, all with similar messages, some even tried to leave the shores, even succeeding at that... The marines dressed like fairy pirates were not amongst the latter group... In fact, their ship seemed to be the main center of the horde for some reason. Coincidence? Or an orchestrated ambush and others simply are caught in the crossfire?

[664/2185/25 685]
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
[tracker=/t544-anton-la-croix#2124]
Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
Faction : Marine
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Crew Role : Captain
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 1,472,069,543
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[bookworm]][[childofdestiny]]
[[berryprinter]][[punchoutguru]]

Turf : [turf="/t299-turf-details-minion-island#1113"]Minion Island[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:26 pm
Anton glared up at the monstrous clown up above, who in turn gave an amused chuckle. "Ah yes, the typical sneer of a hero. So defiant, and yet so helpless." Anton didn't feel helpless, though he figured he was at a disadvantage without his swords. Plus, it was clear that this man had some sort of Devil Fruit. Perhaps a Logia type? That certainly made things difficult. "What do you want?" he asked, "Why are you doing this?" Loko gave a laugh, "Oh, that should be obvious Rear Admiral. I'm just here to add a few more additions to my crew." his twisted smile seemed to widen, "Though, I believe I have much bigger ambitions than most of the folks here."

He gave a small wave of his hand. Suddenly, one of the Big Tops beside Anton jerked, their limbs jerking like a puppet while all the while whimpering in fear. Their eyes were silently pleading with Anton to do something. Anton took a step back as Loko chuckled. "Impressive, isn't it? The Tar Tar fruit can be surprisingly versitile when one puts their mind to it. Most people would treat it as simply a sticky Logia. But, I've always been more of the creative sort. It's amazing what a little tar and the proper imagination can do." Anton snarled, looking back at Loko. "How could you do this. Aren't they your comrades? Aren't they your friends?" "Comrades? Friends?" Loko chuckled cruelly, "Merely words. No, the correct term your looking for is slaves." Anton sneered. "You're a monster."

Loko threw back his head and laughed. "Exactly! And this is a world where monsters rule! Surely you know that by now?" he looked Anton straight in the eyes, "The Yonko that rule the New World, the Celestial Dragons who rule you from on high. If you're big enough, strong enough, frightening enough, you rule. Hell, your government even rewards that sort of thing. After all, isn't that what the Shichibukai system is?" he gave another laugh. "And soon, I'll be up there with them! With the powers of the Tar Tar Fruit, I'll have a powerful army to carve out my own kingdom in this world. One that would only continue to grow!"

Anton could only imagine. He remembered what he did to Sturm. If he could sieze control of people like that, imagine if he got his hands on some really powerful people. Helpless to do anything but be weapons for this demented madman. "You need to be stopped." Loko grinned. "A typical response. Though I think you'll find that's a lot easier said than done."

Slowly, ropes of black tar started to descend from the top of the tower. As they came closer Anton could make out several figures wrapped up in the black ooze. Alcibiades, the various hosts, and... "Lune! Sol!" Anton's eyes widened in horror, seeing the two women hanging there in a daze. Loko chuckled, "Ah yes, your two little sweethearts. Caught them snooping around. Such a shame really. All that power at your disposal, and you can't do a thing for them." Anger boiled up in Anton as he snarled at Loko. "You bastard!" "Yes yes, I've heard that one before. Shame, I was hoping for something a little more creative." he shrugged and gave a small sigh, "Now, as much as I love to have this little chat, I'm afraid I have some business to attend to."

It was at that point that Anton started to hear it. Screams and the sound of chaos echoing out from the distance. Both he and Nero looked over. "What's going on?" Loko grinned wickedly, "the recruitment process has begun." He raised a hand and snapped his fingers. Suddenly, the Big Tops began to convulse, letting out muffled screams as the tar that simply held them in place began to spread and cover them. Soon, they were nothing more than humanoid shapes of tar, turning to look towards him. Even the encased Barnaby was now moving as well. "And I believe it's time I brought you into the fold, Mr. La'croix."

Anton and Nero backed up into eachother as they found themselves surrounded by the tar covered pirates. This was bad. Sure, Anton could try and use his Devil Fruit abilities to escape, but that would involve abandoning Nero, Lune and Sol. He simply couldn't allow that. Plus, he knew beneath that tar were a bunch of helpless people, unable to control their actions. Could Anton really allow himself to harm them?

Dangling above it all, Sol let out a small groan, as she slowly drifted back into consciousness. Lune groaned and squirmed as her hot blooded sister slowly opened her eyes, seeing Anton surrounded down below. "Anton..."

Loko laughed. "What's the matter Mr. La'croix? Afraid to hurt a bunch of pirates? After all, you're a marine aren't you? Beating down on pirates is what you do. Don't tell me you've gone soft. Surely you got your rank somehow." "He's not...like that..." Loko blinked, his smile fading for a brief moment before looking over at the source of the voice. Everyone looked up as suddenly, the tar rope holding onto Sol burst into flames. Loko found himself recoiling before the young woman, now free, fell to the floor. Beside her, the tar holding Lune suddenly broke free and fell to the floor, the now frozen tar shattering on the ground. A few of the tar pirates fell back, allowing Anton to run over to them. "Sol! Lune!"

Loko now gave a small snear. "Cold and fire? Guess that was more than just special affects. This can be a bit problematic." That twisted grin spread across his face, "Oh well, I'll just kill them then!"

One of the tar pirates lunged towards them, before a sharp kick from Anton sent them sprawling back. "Nero!" Anton yelled out, "Get them both out of here, now! I'll hold them off!" Nero paused, a little surprised by this. "What? Are you serious?" Loko was right. Anton was a marine. So why was he willing to put himself in danger to help him? "Yes! Now grab them and get out of here!" Nero glanced at the two women. They were only barely conscious and were in no condition to run or fight. He nodded at Anton as he quickly scooped them up.

Anton quickly turned, switching into his hybrid form and firing a blast of air at the incoming tar pirates, knocking them aside and clearing a path for Nero. "Go!" As Nero ran through the opening, Loko laughed. [b]"Playing the hero are we? I should have thought as much. Very well then. It's not like they have anywhere to run anyway!

-----@^@-----

Meanwhile, things were devolving into chaos at the ship. The crew were in a panic as they were under attack. In the med bay, Celia's eyes suddenly snapped open. The woman started to convulse, coughing and hacking, as she started to cough up black...

Post Word Count: 1,182
Total Word Count: 3,577
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:17 am
ROUND 1
Yumiko uses:
[Toggle] Mythical Form
[Haki] Busoshoku Haki
[HT] Weasel's Claws on The Horde
[LT] Weasel's Tail on The Horde
[UT] on The Horde
(Rolled one dice too many. Disregarding the last die.)

The Horde uses:
[MT] on Yumiko
[LT] on Yumiko
[LT] on Yumiko
[UT] on Yumiko

Mini-Boss defeated.

---

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Yumiko on Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:17 am
The member 'Yumiko' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 13, 9, 9, 7

--------------------------------

#2 'Reflex Check' : 17, 12, 8, 4
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 am
Within moments, the joyful carnival turned into a waking nightmare. One after another, the dreadful pirates started vomiting and leaking murky sludge. In unison, their hollow eyes began to burn with evil intent. Reminiscent of puppets dangling from invisible strings, they lurched and flailed at anyone not like them.

Yumiko found herself surrounded. Grasping hands reached for her, snatching her by the limbs and hair. Her sword slipped from her grasp, clattering against the ground. The shambling, violent mass closed in relentlessly. She was buried beneath the dogpile.

A cold wind whispered...

Suddenly, the whisper turned into a howl. “Away with thee!” Several slashes tore the air apart, sending shimmering wind blades across the area. The shambling pirates were thrown back.

From the center of the chaos burst forth a mythical beast, the Kamaitachi herself. White patterns decorated her black fur like brush strokes. Her monstrous claws were like scythes, reaping through foes. Dust danced in the winds circling around her.

Yumiko’s cold glare cut across the crowd, focusing on the familiar ship in the distance. While she couldn’t fathom what was going on, she could see the fiends swarming the vessel. Her comrades were in danger. She had no choice.

“Thou are in mine way...”

With the icy snarl as her battlecry, the weasel woman rushed forward. The shambling horrors responded in kind, trying to bring her down again. Her focus sharpened. A peculiar power began to bloom in the heat of the battle. It clung to her claws, making each slash feel effortless. Blades broke and armor parted like cardboard under the supernatural assault.

The mythical beast carved her way through the crowd. As she reached the ship, her nose twitched. Comrades... Where were her comrades? Following the trail of familiar scents, she leapt over the remaining stragglers and squeezed through one of the doors. The narrow hallways proved no challenge for the furry noodle.

“Sir Ayugai! Sir Black! Lady Adder! Lady Stanson!”

Yumiko’s voice echoed through the vessel. Quite the lungs on her. Soon enough, she poked her head through the med bay door. ...Just in time to witness a harrowing transformation. “No!” Reflexively, she lifted a claw, only to hesitate. She couldn’t... Not like this...

Even as the infected gunslinger rose to attack her allies, the samurai found herself frozen. There wasn’t enough room to call for the winds. And a careless attack would carve right through... No. Absolutely not. There had to be a way to pacify her. They needed a knockout...

They needed... a champ.

Words: 421
Thread Total: 2650
Saga Total: 28 347
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai
[[baneoftheweak]][[dreamsneverdie]][[childofdestiny]][[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:16 pm
Like a meteor falling from the sky at an abnormal speed, Ryoichi landed in a bed... Metaphorically of course, because in the reality, he already was in bed, in a coma. Upon crashlanding, all he could see was darkness and hear what sounded like whispers... Turning into shouts... And growls.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh... Braaaaaaaains...."

"GET THE HELL AWAY!"

A couple of explosions echoed in the background of it all.

"Who do you think you are?!"

"Sir Ayugai! Sir Black! Lady Adder! Lady Stanson!"

"No!"

"W...What is going on?" Ryoichi asked himself as he was facing the darkness, only to finally then see the light at the end of the tunnel. It was his animalistic hearing finally kicking in, as he was returning back to the world of the living... And finally, his eyes opened.

He was met by the gentle light that was still shining through the window, casting shadows all over the rest of the room which had the candlelights extinguished. Ryoichi rested his hand on his head, feeling the dizziness. Waking up was but only the first step to full recovery.

Initially, the room seemed empty, it was hard to exactly see what was going on through all the shadows and thus, Ryoichi planned on standing up to go and see what is going on. As he was doing so, he could hear a familiar sound... Growling. Not that of an animal even... It was odd, he was on the ship... He was not in his bear form.

He turned his attention to where the sound came from and slowly began to move towards it. With the still rather weak body, he combed his way through the dim room and placed his hand on something... Or rather someone's shoulder.

"Hey what is going on? What the?"

It was a familiar figure, that being Celia herself... But she did not look like the typical Celia he knew. The clear indication of it was the leaking murky sludge with hollow eyes... And the fact that the moment he touched her shoulder he wanted to bite her.

"Hey... Stop this." Ryoichi remarked on her freaky behavior right after he had managed to avoid her usually beautiful teeth. But she was relentless, going as far to keep on trying to tackle him, bite him... Punch him... Or even, shoot him.

Luckily for Ryoichi, these creatures were an easy pushover... It felt like they were just ragdolls moved by a couple of strings... And it did not take much but give a slight jab in Celias face and throw her down on the ground.

"Ugh... What time... Is it? Where are we?" he asked with a weak tone from himself, looking around to spot something... Only to have the panting voice enter his ear. "Who's there?"

A step closer finally revealed who it was.

"Yumiko? Is that... You? Are you okay?"

[476/2661/26 161]
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:08 pm
"Put us down!" Sol struggled against Nero's grasp as the large man ran through the chaos, trying to make his way back toward the Red Cap Pirates' ship. The entire island was in utter pandemonium, with controlled pirates attacking others, trying to spread Loko's tar and his control over to them. The once bright, carnival-like atmosphere had been replaced from something in a horror story.

A part of Nero was wondering why he was doing this. He knew that 'Puck' was really a marine, so why help him? Why not run back to his old crew and assist his father and brother. He could even see some of the Centurian Pirates amongst the possessed and controlled. Anyone else would have just abandoned the marines at this point.

But no, Nero had been raised better than that. Anton had shown to be rather honorable, and even now was risking his life to give them a chance to flee. If Cicero had instilled anything into Nero, it was a sense of honor, and Nero now had a debt to pay.

"If I let you two go back, you'd only be a distraction to him," Nero replied, keeping a firm grasp on the two struggling women. The two had managed to fully regain consciousness and were not happy at leaving Anton to face that mad clown alone. Lune attempted to bite down on Nero's arm, with limited success. The man's muscles were almost like rock. "But he's alone! And unarmed!" "Yes, and think of how much more of a handicap it would be if he has to worry about protecting you too!" Both girls paused, looking down in dismay. He was right of course, but they certainly didn't like it.

As they approached the ship, Nero could see that the chaos had reached them too. Was nowhere safe on this island? He found himself tightening his grip on the two women as he charged towards the fray. Despite all the deception, he was a part of this crew, and dammit he would fight to defend it!

-----@^@-----

Anton lashed out with a kick, forcing one of the tar zombies away from him, quickly shaking the encrouching tar off of his leg before jumping back to prevent another one from grabbing him. No matter how many times he hit them, they would just get back up and keep coming at him.

But that was the worst part, wasn't it. They weren't getting back up on their own. Underneath that tar was a poor soul, being puppeteered by that demented clown watching from the tower wall. They weren't in control of their actions. Hell, Anton could probably kill them and they would still get back up. That thought was causing Anton to pull his punches, to try and hold back. But there was so many of them, and they kept coming at him.

The tiny form of Lane lept from the crowd, landing onto his back. Anton struggled to throw the possessed dwarf off, some of that tar sticking to his back and starting to spread. At the same time, another tar zombie made for a grab, getting more of that creeping ooze onto him. He couldn't shake the stuff off forever, and in the end, he knew simply beating him wasn't Loko's goal.

Watching from his position on the tower wall, Loko let out a laugh. "Look at you! Can't you hear them? Can't you hear this whole island crying out? The sweet cries of panic, of fear? They're all in danger you know. Your crew, the very men you led here. In the end, they'll end up just like the rest. Puppets for me to control." He chuckled cruelly, "And here you are, not even giving your all to protect yourself. Imagine what they would think if they could see you now."

One of the zombies lept forward, grabbing hold of Anton's leg. The Rear Admiral kicked them off, but now that tar was starting to creep over his body. His leg was stuck to the floor as it started to cover him. He was finding it hard to move, to fight it all off.

Loko leaned in, his neck extending out as he brought his face close, his twisted grin spreading unnaturally across his face. "After all, they're just pirate scum, as you like to call them. Why stick your neck out to save them?"

The question of the century. Why was Anton holding back? These people were all criminals. It was Anton's job to remove them from society, to put a stop to them. Why show any mercy?

His mind went back everything over everything. The look of fear and terror on the Big Top's faces as Loko took control of them. Hearing Cicero's story, and how he and his men's lives were destroyed by a mad tyrant. To his meeting with Greed. It was easy to see them as just ruthless criminals, but these last few days had shown another side. It had shown they were human.

"Not everyone is inherently bad, be it marine, pirate, or even revolutionary."

"A good question to ask yourself is, "why did these people become pirates I the first place?" Sometimes the answer isn't as you might think."

All of a sudden there was a powerful shriek. The sheer force of it threw Loko back against the tower, the tar zombies thrown back as the black ooze covering Anton was torn away from him. Even the ground beneath his feet cracked under the sonic force.

And as soon as the shriek occured, silence instantly followed. Anton slowly stood up, panting heavily. "You want to know why?" he asked slowly, "Because in the end, I don't care if someone's a marine, a pirate, a revolutionary, or a civilian. If someone is in trouble," he shot a hard, determined glare at Loko, "Then I'm going to save them! Because it's the right thing to do dammit!"

Loko's face split into a wide grin. "Oh? Fancy yourself a hero do you?" "In all honesty, I never considered myself one. Hell, I didn't WANT to be one," Anton stood tall, "But now, that changes today. And the first thing I'm going to do, is bring you down! It's time for this little horror show of yours to end!"

Loko let out a cruel laugh. "Is it now? Well then, you're more than welcome to try. Come at me 'Hero'! It's time for the climax to begin!"

"Showtime!"

Post Word Count: 1,084
Total Word Count: 4,661
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:04 am
Much to the warrior’s immense relief, a champion rose to the challenge. A single strike dropped the puppeteered crewmate. She nodded eagerly at the astute observation. “Yes, ‘tis I!” Oddly, the last question went unanswered. Well, she didn’t want her comrade to worry. And a samurai did not lie. So, she said nothing.

Sadly, the relief was short-lived. As the adrenaline rush died down, the lingering sickness caught up again. “Urp...” The weasel woman clutched her gut and clamped her mouth shut. “C-curse that foul poison...” Her insides were threatening to unravel. She fought against the feeling with all her focus, struggling to find the words.

“Sir Ayugai, please listen, for our time grows short. We are under attack. This wicked corruption has seized countless souls, some of our own among them. There are dear comrades and fellow warriors out there, whom I do not wish to harm, but...”

Yumiko hesitated. Her black gaze fell onto the scythe claws. Despite her best attempts at being careful, they were leaving ugly scratches on the floor. “Mine blades are only fit for death and destruction. A tempest cannot save anyone or protect anything...” Her voice wavered.

“Those foes, I... I cannot hold them off alone. I am... not strong enough...

Legends told of swordsmen who could cut anything... And nothing, if they so wished. In their grasp, the same blade that carried the power to cleave a boulder was able to leave a palm leaf unharmed. She was no legend. Not even worthy of being called a swordsman. The realization tasted bitter.

However, there was still hope. Yumiko gathered her focus. She pushed the roiling sickness and regret back to the bottom of her stomach. “Thou have the strength to take down any foe with thy bare hands. To spare and save lives.” As much had already been proven.

Taking a deep breath, the weasel woman curled her long back and bent down. Her forehead hit the floor with a painful-sounding thud. “Thus, Sir Ayugai, I beg of thee... Please, lend me thy strength!” The fact that her huge frame even bent into the elaborate bow was proof of her determination. ...And flexibility.

Words: 361
Thread Total: 3011
Saga Total: 28 708
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:36 pm
"What's... Wrong? Need me to get you something?" with a low, weakened, and yet concerned tone Ryoichi asked Yumiko as she seemed to cover her mouth with her hand as if trying to stop something, but the brave weasel seemed to try and brush off what she called poison.

The word poison did not bowl well with Ryoichi though. Even having that word enter his ears made his head hurt and make him collapse down on his butt and lean his back against the wall. "Poison.. What exactly... Happened to me?" he asked lowly from himself. But his self-inquiry could only last for a very short time since Yumiko had finally begun to tell what was going on.

With one hand on his forehead and eyes closed, he kept listening to what Yumiko had to say, the whole story of it. "Under... Attack? Corruption seized?" for now that was all the questions he could muster out. It was clear, that Yumiko had a lot to get off her chest, her insecurity and something she for herself considers a weakness.

The unloading of Yumiko went so far that she even pulled a move Ryoichi had seen from her before, but one he was not particularly happy to see. She got on her knees, even slamming her forehead down on the floor. It was her way, or more specifically, her people's way of asking for help, and help she indeed did ask.

"Strength... Heh..." he lowered his hand from his forehead down on the ground, the head leaned back a bit so he could look up at the ceiling. "That makes... Two of us... Yumiko. My body... It is still, aching... I don't know... What caused this all..." a heavy sigh followed the weak-toned Ryoichi. It did not quite sound like Ryoichi at all.

With how he was feeling right now, nay, even with how he was looking like now, how can anyone even trust him to be able to achieve something right now? A brief moment of thinking lead him to remember something he had heard not too long ago. "Trusting... Fix... Ugh..."

He groaned as he felt a throbbing pain in his head while trying to help himself up to his feet. "Yumiko. I can help... You... But..." he stopped mid-sentence as he saw something... A key item that might help them both out in this situation.

He stumbled slowly over to the corner of the room where was a small shovel, and next to it, a broom. A lightbulb lit up in his head. It could be some of the most genius he had been thinking combat-wise. The hand flickered towards the broom, grabbing it, and immediately after it was snapped in half on top of his knees.

"Something told me... Where ever I was, to fix my trust. I trust you. I also trust you are able to substitute your blades... With these. I cannot promise... Victory. But these might ensure it, for us." he handed over two sticks that were snapped from the broomstick, each about half a length of a normal Katana.

Wether Yumiko took the sticks or not, Ryoichi was ready to head out for battle, the momentary hesitation was gone, but even he was sure this all sounded like a suicide mission... But he did not plan on going down without a fight.

[559/3220/26 720]
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:37 am
Anton La'croix uses:
Molting - toggle active
Survival Instinct - MT on self
Fast Hopping - LT on self
Hopper Kick - LT at Loko
UT at Loko

Loko Perriot uses:
MT at Anton
LT at Anton
LT at Anton
UT at Anton

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:37 am
The member 'Anton La'croix' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 16, 4

#2 'Reflex Check' : 5, 4, 7, 14
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:55 am
Anton La'croix uses:
B-Flat - AoE at Loko
UT at Loko

Loko Perriot uses:
MT at Anton
LT at Anton
LT at Anton
UT at Anton

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:55 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 14, 10

#2 'Reflex Check' : 16, 20, 12, 17
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:07 pm
Anton La'croix uses:
Soul Shriek - HT at Loko
Grind Slash - LT at Loko
UT at Loko

Loko Perriot uses:
HT at Anton
LT at Anton
UT at Anton

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:07 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 14, 1, 19

#2 'Reflex Check' : 15, 6, 5
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:20 pm
Anton La'croix uses:
Sonic Cannon - HT at Loko
Cavitation Kick - LT at Loko
UT at Loko

Loko Perriot uses:
MT at Anton
LT at Anton
LT at Anton
UT at Anton

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:20 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 12, 3, 14

#2 'Reflex Check' : 14, 13, 19, 17
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:34 pm
Anton La'croix uses:
Mighty Leap - HT at Loko
Pitch Bullet - LT at Loko
UT at Loko

Loko Perriot uses:
MT at Anton
LT at Anton
LT at Anton
UT at Anton

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:34 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 17, 1, 14

#2 'Reflex Check' : 5, 9, 12
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:36 pm
Extra roll for Loko's UT
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:36 pm

'Reflex Check' : 19
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:49 pm
Anton La'croix uses:
Great Spear - MT at Loko
Shed Skin - LT at Loko
Hopper Kick - LT at Loko
UT at Loko

Loko Perriot uses:
AoE at Anton
UT at Anton

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:49 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 1, 6, 6, 4

#2 'Reflex Check' : 4, 2
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:07 am
Anton La'croix uses:
Pirrouete - MT at Loko
Grind Slash - LT at Loko
Treble Kick - LT at Loko
UT at Loko

Loko Perriot uses:
MT at Anton
LT at Anton
Lt at Anton
UT at Anton

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord