Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Today at 7:01 amMaxwell[Episode] A unusual meet upWed Apr 24, 2024 1:33 pmRaysha Valentine[Episode] [Transportation] A Grand OpeningMon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 pmSkoll[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSun Apr 21, 2024 11:24 pmGray[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsSun Apr 21, 2024 11:19 pmGray[Episode] The Bloody ChamberSun Apr 21, 2024 12:31 pmNoah[World Event] A Fool's ErrandSun Apr 21, 2024 6:44 amYumiko[Market] [Trade] Trading ForumSat Apr 20, 2024 5:47 pmGray[Episode] Ancient Blood ArisesSat Apr 20, 2024 4:11 pmNaoki
Go down
Anonymous

[Episode] New Coal For the Steamer Empty [Episode] New Coal For the Steamer

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:16 pm
Icy crystalline spires jut out of the hills, intersecting above a well-bundled Ohm like the steepled hands of a buried giant. The naturally fortified pattern creates a yawning expanse into the open sea where a cold wind blew past the group of five freshly trained greenhorns as they stood before the massive vessel dubbed “The Grand Steamer.”

There was a time that Ohm was grateful of his assignment to the Guardian Knights. It was clear that their M.O. had really fit with Ohm’s own mentality and they even had a whole island in one of the blues as a bonus, which was not relatively far from a home he loved.

Yes, it all seemed perfect until Ohm felt his bones rattle from winter’s first kiss. Coming from an island that was more on the tropical side of West Blue, snow was something of an anomaly. Did it get cold on Ishmoth? Of course; but to the point of hail and snow? Not at all and thus his studies were about the only thing that kept him from straight up complaining outright.

Well – that, and the Marine acumen beaten into his brain like the ensign was a nail to a hammer. Ohm stepped up the wooden ladder that was lowered down to the port before he took his first steps onto the ship before taking a look around along. One of the seniors, a burly and grizzled with bare, bulging arms whistled and the new recruits all assembled into a line with their hands saluting the chief officer.

“Marines! You will soon be accompanied by a Rear Admiral! Anton La’Croix is the Captain of this fine vessel and deeds are said to be enough to eclipse the sun. Therefore I expect all of you to show your new Captain his due respect! Do I make myself clear?”

“Sir, yes sir!” The ensigns said in unison.

“Good. Then I shall leave you in capable hands.” The senior stepped to the side to give way for the Captain’s entrance. Ohm’s looked towards the direction where Captain La’croix was supposed to make his grand entrance. Given what it took to get to this point, Ohm couldn’t help but shudder at the thought of how much of an absolute pain this rear admiral was going to be.

[379]

Last edited by Ohm V. Ga'ran on Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yūgo
Yūgo
[tracker=/t2328-shirogane-yugo#14061]
Name : Yūgo Shirogane
Height : 5'5
Weight : 185 lbs
Species : Human
Faction : Marine
Crew : Guardian Knights
Marine Rank : Seaman Recruit
Devil Fruit : Suigin Suigin no Mi
Quality Score : A
Balance : [ber] 1,625,000
[[untouchable]]
[[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Episode] New Coal For the Steamer Empty Re: [Episode] New Coal For the Steamer

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:04 am
A pair of brown leather knee lenght tabi boots squealed ever so slightly as the young ex-shinobi stood on the ready in line with the other newly formed recruits and ensigns to be introduced into the regiment of read admiral De la Croix. Yugo was quite curious to meet his new would be leader, after his sudden introducton to ths world of the Marines by a rather...temperamental weasel. It was his safest bet to get back home, however, or at the very least the most honest way to use his prior training and gain the funds necessary to make the trip back home. Not like he had many other options after getting lost at sea far from home. Nlt like he could swim back anyway, given what he was told about the weird fruit he had consumed just to survive.

He had not really much to say or do outside of standing ready for orders. He had to wonded if others around had powers like him. His were considered...special or something? He couldnt quite understand the entire thing about it. The recruiter seemed surprised when he pointed the fruit out from a picture book. Still, the guy jotted something on his recruitment file starting with G... or was it L? And then sent him on his way. Probably some Marine code he did not know yet. He was the last arrival, and being slightly late to it all had Yugo trying his best not to stand up too much. He knew attracting attention wans't good for the health.

Last edited by Yūgo on Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 258 Words)
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
[tracker=/t544-anton-la-croix#2124]
Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Crew Role : Captain
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 1,472,069,543
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[bookworm]][[childofdestiny]]
[[berryprinter]][[punchoutguru]]

Turf : [turf="/t299-turf-details-minion-island#1113"]Minion Island[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:17 am
The door to the interior of the Grand Steamer opened. Out stepped a lanky man with bright red hair, a regal, green coat hanging off of his shoulders as he approached the line of fresh recruits.

"Alright ya wankers!" he bellowed out, a wide grin on his face, "This ain't the little leagues anymore! Yer all part of the Guardian Knights now! We ain't yer usual marine crew, but yer expected to bust yer asses like the rest of us! Do ya understand me!"

"Greed, what are you doing?"

This new voice, though nowhere near as loud, cut through the air like a knife, causing the first man to freeze, his boisterous smile now frozen in place, as all eyes slowly moved towards the door. A new man had stepped out. Like the first, this one had red hair, though unlike the wild mohawk of the first, this one had his hair more neat, rolled into a pair of buns on either side of his head. His features seemed softer as well, though his face was now giving the man a flat stare. Behind him was a much shorter woman with black hair, dressed in white, and currently giving a glare that could melt steel beams.

Greed turned, his smile turning sheepish as he rubbed the back of his head. "Oh, nothin' boss. Just, um, welcomin' the new troops so to speak." The new man quirked an eyebrow. "Well, I appreciate that, but I can take it from here." "Oh, erm, right boss. I'll leave them to ya then." "Oh, and Greed?" "Yeah?" "My coat, please."

Greed paused, quickly taking off the green coat and handing it to the man, who took it and slipped it on. It seemed to fit his lithe frame better anyway. Greed quickly scurried off. A few of the crewmen nearby, watching the display, shook their heads, some of them chuckling.

The Rear Admiral, the REAL one, sighed and turned his attention to the line of recruits before him. "Sorry about that. I am Rear Admiral Anton La'croix," he gestured to the short woman beside him, "And this is Commander Celia Stanson. Allow me to welcome you to the Guardian Knights. As you may have noticed, this isn't your typical marine crew. We're currently trialing the Pirate Rehabilitation program, so many of the men and women you will be working with are actually former pirates, looking to repay their debt to society. Any questions so far?"

He looked along the line of recruits to see if anyone spoke up.

Post Word Count: 424
Total Word Count: 424
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:25 am
A boorish bellow brought Ohm tiredly lowered his eyelids in quiet contempt. As if the ensign didn’t have enough screaming going on from training camp to the point that it ravages his very dreams but now there was likely to be more of it to come. That is, until another voice pierce through the noise like the tip of a rapier. This caused the young Ohm to look to the man he overheard was called “Greed” and then back to the door.

Who stepped out was no rugged and brutal giant but instead a slender, aquiline being that Ohm was sure was much shorter than he was yet with his vermillion silk locks that flowed in the cold wind from off this rear Admiral’s crown.

Ohm’s eyes widened captivated by the presence that emanated from this being. After addressing Greed, the rear Admiral turned his attention to the line of new recruits causing Ohm to tense. Such tension from the moment distracted the Ensign from the cold about him and when Admiral La’croix spoke, introducing himself and his Commander then it felt as if time began to slow down to a shuddering halt.

A question appeared in Ohm’s mind although just as quickly, his better judgment wailed against his will to ask for to speak something that was out of turn could risk censure for him or even worse. If this was any other inquiry than the Marine Ensign would have relented but this was a matter of creed.

So while mustering about his courage, the devoted knowledge seeker would part his lips. “…Is it because we are marines..?” After the words fell from him, Ohm immediately realized that he had to clarify on his meaning. “What gives us the right to rehabilitate former pirates or any one for that matter? Is it because we are marines?” The youth elaborated as he stepped forward from the line, keeping his salute pristine even in the midst of his rising anxiety.

Post WC: [329]
Total WC: [708]
Yūgo
Yūgo
[tracker=/t2328-shirogane-yugo#14061]
Name : Yūgo Shirogane
Height : 5'5
Weight : 185 lbs
Crew : Guardian Knights
Marine Rank : Seaman Recruit
Devil Fruit : Suigin Suigin no Mi
Quality Score : A
Balance : [ber] 1,625,000
[[untouchable]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:46 am
Yugo turned his eyes towards the small man. It was probably ironic that most people with power did not need an imposing look. He remained on the ready. The smooth soles of his tabi boots squeaked only when he had to turn to face a brash recruit questioning the motives of the higher ups. On his old life, Yugo knew that questioning things was a good way to get yourself in a bad spot. Especially so if you do it in the open and right after meeting a man that can have you thrown off the ship in the water in a second because you looked at him funny. Who even cared if people here were former pirates, as far as he was concerned his job description did not include trialing people for the crimes they committed or sentence the punishment. He was there because his new abilities were apparently special and the work he could do there was similar to his own old escapades. As long as he was being paid regularly and he could eventually get the means to go back home then it was all fine in his book.

He would await the first commotion to die down before fixing the scarf around his neck, pull it down so that it wouldn't hide his face (as much as he hated it, he couldn't hide himself from his boss, it would sour relationships. Even if he didn't trust the guy yet.) and kept a hand up to wait to be allowed to speak. He didn't have question about his duties or what he was going to be doing. His doubts were about something else, stemming from his clear lack of knowledge regarding certain new concepts that had been broken up to him right after his shipwreck.

"Sir, I was picked because of a special power I have. Are all the recruits here also with... uuh... Logia powers, sir?" He ended with a question, was that the right term? He rembembered some people at the recruitment centers pointing at him and saying that, but he had no clue what that meant. He knew about the weird fruits and the fruit powers. He did not know the names. "Is this a place where we train logia powers sir?" He would ask. He was clearly oblivious of the possible big target he had just painted in his head, but if there was another thing he needed to do before getting back home was finding a way to get his new abilities under control, or he risked losing another hand as it melted off like last time...

WC: 435
TWC: 673
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
[tracker=/t544-anton-la-croix#2124]
Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Crew Role : Captain
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 1,472,069,543
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[bookworm]][[childofdestiny]]
[[berryprinter]][[punchoutguru]]

Turf : [turf="/t299-turf-details-minion-island#1113"]Minion Island[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:10 pm
Anton paused, blinking in mild confusion at the young man's question. His mind quickly worked to identify the young man. Ohm he believed his name was. But right now he was trying to work out just what the young man was asking about? The right to rehabilitate people? "I'm not sure I understand the question Mr. Ohm," Anton replied curiously.

"My boy, you make it sound like Mr La'croix here is brainwashing us or something."

Anton and Celia looked over as a wizzened old man in a standard marine uniform approached the line. The old man's dark eyes looked to the Rear Admiral. "Forgive me sir, but I feel I can answer the young man's question." Anton gave a polite nod. "Of course Cicero, go ahead."

Cicero smiled, looking back to the marine before him. "Young man, you make it sound as if the Rear Admiral is making us do this against our will." he gave a chuckle, "Far from it. When we were captured, Mr. La'croix offered us a choice. Prison, or to work off our debt to society in the marines. No other marine would give us a choice like this, offer us a second chance. We all CHOSE to be here young man. And we're grateful to him for giving us that opportunity."

Anton smiled and nodded. "Well said, thank you. Mr. Ohm, I'm the sort to believe that everyone deserves a second chance. People can't change, so why not give them the opportunity to do so?"

At that point another of the recruits, a young man with white hair, spoke up. The young man apparently was a Devil Fruit user, more specifically a logia type. At the mention of the word, a few of the crewmen froze in place. To some of them, especially former members of the Big Top pirates, the term 'logia' was going to bring up some very bad memories.

However, Anton knew that this young man wasn't like the man who tortured them for years on end. "I'm afraid you are the only one on this ship to have a logia type devil fruit," Anton answered, "You will find that logia users are quite rare. While my fruit is different compared to yours, I can try to assist you in harnessing your abilities to the best of my ability."

Anton tilted his head to the side, looking at the young man in front of him. "Hmm, you're Yugo, correct? You were the one Yumiko brought here the other day.  My apologies for not seeing you sooner. You have arrived at a rather...turbulent time."

Post Word Count: 431
Total Word Count: 855
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:03 pm
Ohm stood as he awaited his answer, with enforced discipline keeping him from adverting his eyes anywhere else yet his ears picked up that he was not the only neophyte here with questions. The voice that would speak after him sounded innocent but honest in his questioning.

That question was on whether the Guardian Knights were a crew specialized in training those with Logia-class devil fruits. Scribbles of such a fruit flashed in the back of Ohm’s mind. Any devil fruit was not easy to combine and apparently the Logia were sought after as the finest of the lot but to the young Ensign, which just sounded like more trouble.

All Ohm could do with his fruit was to make people speak gibberish and it has caused him more grief then he could scoff at so who knows what his fellow newbie went through to get one and what trials he’ll have to endure in the years to come. The Rear Admiral’s attention first turned to Ohm, who immediately felt his gaze upon him, which caused him to flinch, as he was certain his next trip was down into the freezing waters for what can easily be perceived as impertinence.

Instead, Anton outright said that he didn’t understand Ohm’s inquiry. The honesty caused Ohm’s eyes to narrow somewhat in suspicion. Was this some sort of test? The Rear Admiral didn’t force him to drop and do some push-ups and even more surprising, he outright said that he didn’t know?

There was no way someone that high up in rank couldn’t be at least a little more ironhanded or at least that was what the young Ensign thought. A new, much louder voice would encroach upon the moment. Another marine, a veteran by the looks of it, would address Ohm’s question.

For this veteran was a former pirates as well and he said that everyone on the ship chose to either become a marine or a prisoner. Only prideful idiots would choose the latter. Ohm wanted to see if Anton thought himself a hero or some kind of savior because he gave that choice to others but thanks to that veteran, it may take some time before the ensign can figure that out. “Understood, sir.” Ohm capitulated as he swallowed any further questions he had and await for his next orders.

Post WC: (391)
Total WC: (1099)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord