Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[World Event] A Fool's ErrandToday at 7:46 pmVolo Rosso[Bio] Othello DuvalToday at 10:48 amGray[Claims] Face ClaimsMon Apr 29, 2024 8:36 amGray[Episode] Mink-staken IdentitySun Apr 28, 2024 11:14 pmPikasso[Rolls] Start me up!Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 pmRNGesus[Episode] A unusual meet upSat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 amLavender[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:01 amMaxwell[Episode] [Transportation] A Grand OpeningMon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 pmSkoll[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSun Apr 21, 2024 11:24 pmGray
Go down
Sabian McQueen
Sabian McQueen
[tracker=/t1159-sabian-t-mcqueen-s-tracker#6173]
Name : Sabian T. McQueen
Epithet : Lockjaw
Height : 6'3"
Weight : 220lbs
Species : Human
Faction : New Revolutionary Army
Crew : L’Aube Du Monde
Crew Role : Painter | Second In Command
Devil Fruit : Ryu Ryu no Mi (Dragon-Dragon Fruit), Model: Allosaurus
Balance : [bel] 56,200,000
[[jurassicbark]]

[Saga] [Black Drum Island Conquest] The Bottom Line  Empty [Saga] [Black Drum Island Conquest] The Bottom Line

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:38 pm
Part I::

[Saga] [Black Drum Island Conquest] The Bottom Line  Img_1310

Sunflower (向日葵)

The nameless ship arrived off the coast of Black Drum around midnight. Noah and Kathy had taken their turns to get some rest, while Sabian and a few operatives sat under the moonlight, taking in the fresh ocean air.

They were set to dock in Black Drum’s famous Fishing Port, known for its variety of seafood goods and products. It was one of the four remaining councils collaborating with the Revolutionaries territories, providing the crew political shelter. However, NRA had established bases scattered throughout Drum for missions like this.

As the ship pulled into the port at the dead of night, Sabian was shocked to see so much life still bustling on the outskirts. Black Drum had a culture of late-night partying and a nightlife like no other. The rhythm of unique music scuttled across the airwaves, a fusion of jazz and soul radiated.

Sabian nodded for a bit, but soon the rest of the men recruited Noah and Kathy to the deck. From the shadows, their welcome wasn’t hospitable. Three hooded figures emerged in black hoods and white masks, concealing their identities.

The armed men leaped onto the boat, withdrawing three katanas and circling the remaining crew on the dock. Without hesitation, Sabian leaped into action, still a bit groggy from his conflict with Jacq. Firing off a Hasshoken kick towards one of the assailants' midsection, Sabian launched the masked man meters backward into the water.

“What a warm welcome,” Sabian declared sarcastically. Without a second to waste, another masked assailant removed a blow dart and fired a tranquilizer into Sabian’s neck.

The blonde’s gaze became foggy, and after a few tumbles, he dropped like a sack onto the floor. The most burly of the attackers strapped Sabian over his shoulder, and the duo attempted to escape into the night, taking no time to save their brother in arms from drowning in the freezing cold sea bath.

@Noah

Word Count: 314 | 1,899/20,000

Sabian’sTracker

Last edited by Sabian McQueen on Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Noah
Noah
[tracker=/t2666-tracker-noah-lacroix#17180]
Name : Noah Lacroix
Epithet : Red Falcon
Height : 1.88m
Weight : 86Kg
Crew : L'Aube du Monde
Crew Role : Captain
Devil Fruit : Tori Tori no Mi, Model: Falcon
Quality Score : B
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 15,000,000
Balance : [bel] 100,029,821
[[childofdestiny]]
[[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Saga] [Black Drum Island Conquest] The Bottom Line  Empty Re: [Saga] [Black Drum Island Conquest] The Bottom Line

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:58 pm
Their travels were quiet and rather uneventful, which allowed the crew to rest in shifts. Shortly before the ship should reach its destination, it was Noah’s time to rest, but he soon got active shortly before the ship docked. When the Fishing Port started to stretch over the horizon, the buzzing of the town quickly disturbed the quietness present on board. Townspeople walked the streets enjoying the night, music echoed through the streets, while different lights made orientation easier, and the scent of caught fish mixed with the cooking of different food stalls.

Noah just wished to shout commands, signalling the crew to properly dock their vessel, when three hooded figures stepped onboard. Without wasting any words, they unsheathed their swords. Sabian was the first operative to properly process the situation, managing to immediately take one of the hooded figures out. "All hands on deck, we’re under attack!", shouted Noah, before he moved himself.

The redhead heard movements coming from below but did his best not to waste any time. In the few seconds this skirmish lasted, enough had happened already. Sabian might have managed to send one of the attackers flying, but one of those returned the favour, tranquillizing the blonde. Before the teen managed to close the distance, the bulkier of the figures proceeded to kidnap Sabian. Without hesitation, they started to flee.

"Oh no you won’t!" Noah leapt forward, managed to close the gap, and prepared to strike. The attack prompted the second man, who still had his hands free, to block the blow. Steel clashed on steel, forcing both swordsmen into a dance- a dance in which Noah tried to take the lead, did the best he could do to overpower the obstacle in his way, while the foe focused on blocking as many of the attacks as he could to waste time. Only when Noah calmed down, switching his attacks to a Feint Attack did he manage to overpower the distraction.

"Bring him under deck and treat his wounds. We’re going to interrogate him later- I want to know what the hell is going on here later!" With enough time wasted already, Noah switched back to running. At this point, he just hoped the third man had not vanished within the crowd yet.

WC: 378 | 2,447/20,000
Sabian McQueen
Sabian McQueen
[[jurassicbark]]

[Saga] [Black Drum Island Conquest] The Bottom Line  Empty Re: [Saga] [Black Drum Island Conquest] The Bottom Line

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:19 pm
[Saga] [Black Drum Island Conquest] The Bottom Line  Img_1311

Sunflower (向日葵)

Returning to the realm of consciousness, Sabian lay on the floor of a dirty cell. As moonlight illuminated the dark cramped space, voices on the outside of the cell huddled around to inspect the latest prisoner. It wasn’t often that a man was allowed into their establishment, after all.

The twin girls tossed stones at the sleeping man, who had been snoring so loudly it woke them up from their chambers. Deflecting the stones in his sleep, the man rolled around from one end of the cell to the next, avoiding the stones by a stroke of luck. Finally, knocking his head on the bed frame’s leg, Sabian started yawning with a grumpy expression, peeping at the two girls with half-opened eyes.

“Ah! He’s awake!” one of the twin girls chimed in.

“Yes. Yes. We need to inform Big Sis!” the other twin girl commented.

“Hey. Could you not throw stuff at me? I’m trying to sleep…” Sabian commented, as per usual not acknowledging the severity of the situation.

Both girls let out a squall in fear and dashed off to inform an adult of the situation. Finally shaking off the tranquilizer’s effect, Sabian was confused about where in the world he actually was. The last thing he remembered was getting jumped on the ship.

His hands shackled by a pair of iron chains, attached to a matching set latched against his feet, Sabian wobbled around before managing to return to a standing position, only to fall back onto the dirty bed provided.

After a few minutes, one of the assailants, still dressed in all black, returned on the outside of the cell, accompanied by the two twin girls huddled around her thighs. Removing her mask, a beautiful purple-eyed, blonde-haired woman dressed as a ninja stood confidently on the outside of the cell.

“I see you’ve finally come back to your senses. Sorry for such an abrupt greeting. T’was following the instructions of our head matron,” the ominous woman declared.

“Doesn’t matter to me. Food. The least you can do is feed me after kidnapping me and tossing me into this dusty cage,” Sabian inquired.

Pondering for a bit, she’d shake her head in disbelief, “You're a strange one. How are you able to think about food in a situation like this?” The woman inquired.

“Bihalalaaa… My captain’s a pretty capable guy. He’ll find me in no time. Besides, even if he doesn’t, I never turn down the company of a beautiful woman,” Sabian announced with a hearty laugh.

Pondering for a bit, “Beautiful? Me? Do you not see the scar on my face?! How could damaged goods like me be beautiful?!” The woman shouted, the twins tugging at her garment to comfort her. Something about the man’s word rattled at her usual calm demeanor.

“Art is in the eyes of the beholder. In one appraiser's eyes, a painting might be meaningless. It’s up to the person who examines the art to assess the value! You’re a beaut. Be proud of that. Scar and all. It’s actually quite charming,” Sabian declared with a warm smile.

Pondering for a bit, this time with a blush, the woman stormed off.

“Ah! He’s upset sissy!” one of the twins declared.

“Yes. Yes. It seems he’s shot right at her heart,” the other twin declared with a nod, chasing after her two sisters.

The Red Light District - Black Drum Kingdom - The Harlot Rose. A strip and area dedicated to the nightlife scene on Drum. Drugs, women, and provocative activities filled the strip, with a variety of brothels and pleasure houses that fulfilled the weirdest kinks. It was truly funded by the former nobility of the island, who spent most of their days squandering their wealth in revelry.

As Sabian sat in the basement of the most famous brothel in the area, The Honey Cove, the head matron and clergywoman who helped rule in the Black Drum Alliance, Baby Doll. However, in the political world, she was referred to as Medusa, due to her stone-cold gaze.

In her office, smoking on a pipe chalked full of tobacco, the ninja reported on Sabain’s condition.

“He’s awakened, madam,” the woman reported.

Nursing her pipe against her plump lips before she spoke, her dark red lip gloss stained the pipe’s stem, “Good job Viola. Sorry for calling you in on such short notice. I just like to nip these things in the bud before they become issues,” the Head Matron commented.

“No problem, anything for you, my Queen. The other two remain aboard their vessel. Unfortunately, the other two hired hands may be compromised,” Viola reported.

“That’s fine. We may have hired them, but they don’t know anything about our organization. After all, I was told to kidnap the blonde-haired one specifically. He seems to be the troublemaker of the lot. The red-haired boy seems to go by the name of Noah, and their other crewmate is known as Kathy. Just have the locals be on the lookout for them,” the woman instructed.

“Yes. Will do. As you command, my Queen,” Viola bowed in agreement.

“And Viola. Have you turned over those twin brats to the brothel yet?” The Queen inquired whimsically.

“Ummm…” pondering for a bit, “I’ve been taking good care of them, I promise!” Viola exclaimed.

“Viola. My love. You can’t take care of anyone. You’re a murderer. A machine used to do my biddings. You don’t need foolish things like feelings. Dispose of brats by dawn tomorrow. Either turn them over to the brothel or abandon them to the streets. We have enough mouths to feed around here; I need worker bees who can bring in the honey,” The Queen commented.

Biting her lip until it bled, “Yes, ma’am.”

@Noah

Word Count: 945 | 2,844 /20,000

Sabian’sTracker
Noah
Noah
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:50 pm
When Noah moved into the crowd in front of him, he soon realized what he had feared had happened. The last remaining hooded man managed to get away, putting Sabian who knows where. The redhead turned around, tried to find any lead, but just managed to look into the puzzled eyes of the citizen. Noah still carried his sword in hand- something usually not done in the nightlife. "Damnit!" His shouting made him just more suspicious.

Unable to think straight, Kathy shortly after managed to calm him down. "Get a hold of yourself, Captain! The last thing we need is more attention. Put your damn sword away before someone calls the guards and start to use the bloody head on your shoulders already!" With wide-open eyes, he looked at Kathy in surprise. She was right.

Noah shook his head, freeing his mind, and put his blade away. "Thanks, just what I needed." With a quick gesture, he signalled Kathy to follow him back on board. They needed a plan, and they needed it fast. According to his information, NRA operatives should be relatively safe in this port, so he doubted any marine would arrive any time soon, specifically targeting him or his crew. Whoever had attacked would probably belong to one of the organizations operating in the slums of the island, if the teen had to guess.

"Status report." Noah talked matter-of-factly to the first of his men who passed by. [npc=revo]”Yes, sir! No other casualties, only the abduction of Sabian to report. The assailant is still being treated as best as we can here!”[/npc] The teen nodded, returning under deck to look into his documents and pack some belongings. Before he left, though, he ordered to increase the number of lookouts.

The following moments were calm and the operatives did not have to fear another ambush. For a moment Noah thought about hastily relocating to one of the NRA’s bases, but thinking that this might be what the enemy wanted to achieve, he instead did his best to calm down. He would consider relocating whenever the captive was stable enough.

A few hours later

Noah was now sitting in one of the bases his allies were maintaining. Since their arrival, Noah had ordered to redeploy their vessel out of precaution, while he accompanied most of the operatives, as well as the captive, to where they are now. Attempts to question him were fruitless: either he could not talk more about what was going on for lack of knowledge or he was loyal enough not to tell on his employer. Or he was too scared to.

With no other lead for now, Noah decided to rest and clear his mind. Right now, there are too many uncertainties. Was Sabian in a slum? A marine base? A drug lord’s base? Or was some important figure involved Noah was not thinking about? For now, he would be waiting until operatives would return with new rumours or newspapers would spread the newest gossip. Even if Noah might have no idea right now where he should look, he was sure that he could crack this case sooner or later.

WC: 525 | 2,972/20,000
Sabian McQueen
Sabian McQueen
[[jurassicbark]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:49 pm

Sunflower (向日葵)

NRA Base | Undisclosed Location

As Noah sifted through the documents in the case file, a sharply dressed man in a lavender suit entered the facility, accompanied by a pack of purple-masked men. On his suit, a proudly displayed pin was the emblem worn by each elected Clergyman to distinguish themselves.

Bowing his head to Noah, he said, "My deepest apologies. I truly didn’t calculate for your compatriot to be kidnapped like that. I have my people looking into the incident as we speak," the authority figure explained.

Extending his hand for a handshake, he added, "Mind my manners. My name is Ultear. I’m the head of the Minister of Agriculture and Produce on Black Drum. The port your boy was nabbed in is under my guard, and I’m truly embarrassed," Ultear explained.

One of his guards leaned in and whispered into the man’s ear, “Oh! Yes! Could you turn over the assailant you captured to my guard? I’m sure they’ll be way more persuasive than you lot. After all, us farmers are the proud kind. You gotta weed out the bad eggs early or the whole crop will go to nothing,” Ultear commented.

Red Light District | Honey Cove

Spread out across the dingy bed, Sabian was beginning to become bored of the dreary setting. Screaming at the top of his lungs for food, finally, a tray arrived with a silver bowl of goop in it. It looked like a mixture of leftover stew with some kind of mystery meat.

Of course, without hesitation, the revolutionary gobbled down the appetizer. The woman who served Sabian the food was cute. All the women in the brothel wore traditional kimono garb and had their makeup done up to hide any scars or unwanted beauty marks.

They all looked like dolls for the most part. It was hard to gauge expressions or emotions when interacting with each of them, but he could tell most of them would be elsewhere if they had a choice. After a few hours, Viola returned, as per usual, with the twin girls at her rear.

“Ah! Finally! A familiar face! Welcome back!” Sabian announced with a wide grin. The woman was still a bit shaken from Sabian’s earlier statement, so her countermeasure was to administer the silent treatment. The twin girls, however, pinned their faces against the cell and began to ask the blonde questions about his origins and who he was.

Sabian explained he was from a Kingdom off in the distance called Briss, and he was a Revolutionary Army Agent whose goal was to liberate the people from the tyranny of the World Government and the oppression of the nobles. The kunoichi scoffed at the lanky painter’s ideals.

“That’s impossible. No one organization can overthrow the World Government. Even now, our country is fighting its hardest to not fall back into their grasp. Many of us remember how it was under the nobles' reign,” Viola explained, shivering as she’d remember a torturous childhood.

“Nothing is impossible. Even the most majestic butterfly starts off as an ugly caterpillar. Nature takes its due course in time. Or at least, that’s what my Shifu would say. I just see it like this. The World Government is a bunch of hypocrites, and I’mma punch my way through all of them so the Big Boss could bring forth the Revolution,” Sabian declared.

“Eh. Someone like you who was easily captured by a woman and a few hired hands,” Viola commented sarcastically.

“Look! I wasn’t 100% alright! I’m still nursing some wounds here, give a fella a break!” Sabian barked in rebuttal to the woman’s taunt.

“I’m in charge of watching you. That’s all. I don’t have time to go back and forth with the ramblings of a delusional old man,” Viola declared, frustrated at how idealistic Sabian was.

“O-O-Old man! I’ll have you know I’m only Twenty-Eight! I ain’t even thirty! I'm brimming with youth, lady!” Sabian shouted. The blonde’s face and ears were now cherry red in annoyance at the woman’s scandalous claims. For the first time, the twin girls stared in amazement as their Big Sister was smiling and laughing.

“She never smiles in public, ever,” one of the twins commented.

“No. No. Never,” the other twin explained.

“Wait a minute! I never got any of your names. My name is Sabian T. McQueen. What’s your name?” Sabian inquired.

“We don’t have names, silly.”

“Yes. Yes. We’re orphans. Our parents died before they could name us. We don’t have any of those.”

Sabian sat in silence for about a minute, diverting his gaze between the two. He’d examine the girls' matching ponytails; the one who repeated herself sported various pins and needles in hers, while the other girl fancied ribbons and bows. Both had silky black hair, akin to that of a doll, and they were neatly plaited.

“I’ve decided. Chloe and Zoe. That’ll be your names from now on!” Sabian declared.

The twin girls looked around in confusion at first, but after a few moments, each of their faces was flushed. No one had ever taken the time out to name them, not even Sissy or the other girls in the brothel.

“Stop giving those girls false hope!” Viola shouted, drawing her katana from her sheath, sliding the blade through the cell door’s crevices to rest the blade against Sabian’s neck. “In our culture, naming a slave is akin to purchasing them or adopting them into your home! Are you willing to take on that responsibility?!” Viola shouted in a fit of pure anger.

Without hesitation, “Yeah. You bet. The Army takes in brats all the time. What’s the alternative? Leaving them to become hostesses at such a young age? I’m sure there are nobles who’d pay top dollar for that, but not on my watch!” Sabian shouted.

Pressing his neck against the blade until it ripped open his skin, “Go ahead. Do it. If showing compassion is a reason to be killed, I’d die a million and one times. But just know, I’ll come back every single time, even as a ghost I’ll see the day that everyone who's ever been oppressed can be truly free!” Sabian shouted with stern eyes.

Something in Viola shook to her core; suddenly, tears flooded to the woman’s eyes. The twins had already beaten her to the punch; they’d been truly moved by the blonde stranger's words, no, their new Big Brother’s words.

“Big Brother!” Chloe and Zoe shouted, their pronunciation muffled from a combination of emotion and snot.

@Noah

Word Count: 1,089 | 3,933 /20,000

Sabian’sTracker
Noah
Noah
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:14 pm
Time went by in which Noah passed away for intervals of only a few minutes each, giving him just a bare minimum of rest. When the newspaper arrived, though, any traces of tiredness in his body were soon repressed. Now, he had something to occupy his mind with. Skimming the different articles first quickly made him aware of one story in particular which caught his interest.

The ‘Crimson Burglar’ strikes yet again! According to various reports, many citizens fell victim to this mysterious figure last night. As has happened in the past, no property was damaged and no signs of breaking in were found. Authorities ensure us that the case continues to be of utmost importance, but upon further inquiry, they refuse to give us any status update. This begs the question if they really can solve this mystery or do they wish to bury the truth instead? As the number of break-ins increases, so does the support the figure has within the population. Our ongoing investigation into this persona will continue, so stay tuned for our future reports! If the authorities are unable to solve this mystery, professionals will have to take over!

Noah put the newspaper away and sighed. As fun as this story sounded, it was nothing which really helped the redhead right now. Well, other than temporarily distracting him. [npc=revo]”The ‘Crimson Burglar’, huh?”[/npc] One of the operatives nearby saw the newspaper lying in front of Noah. When he saw how the redhead frowned, an explanation soon followed. [npc=revo]”I forgot you’re not from here, sorry. This ‘Crimson Burglar’ is a mysterious figure who appeared a few months ago. Basically, they break into peoples’ homes, robbing them. This might sound bad, until you learn how they only break into the homes of the richest people the island has to offer, stealing whatever they can easily turn into money, and leaving no traces behind. For whatever reason, they only strike during waning moons, and whenever they do strike, they leave a single crimson feather behind.”[/npc]

The operative paused for a moment, moving next to a map. There, he pointed to where a slum was. [npc=revo]”While nobody can say for certain who this burglar is, the feather they leave behind makes some belief that they have ties to the ‘Crimson Crows’- an organization stationed in these slums who actively work to improve the livelihood of the people there. Incidentally, what started as an insignificant organization at first, seemed to have gotten better funding as soon as the burglar struck, thus quickly spreading in influence. Legend has it they cooperate, but nobody has found any proof as of yet.”[/npc] This story, meanwhile, managed to catch the teen's interest.

"And I don’t suppose these Crows are willing to cooperate?" What little he had heard made him see those as potential allies, as some of their organization’s ideals seemed to align. When Noah saw the sighing, he could already guess what the answer would be. [npc=revo]”Alas, so far they denied any talks with us. As they put it, they ‘don’t want any help from some know-it-all who has yet to prove itself’”.[/npc] While this would make their terms clear, Noah still saw at least some potential for cooperation in the future, if there ever would be a need for it. He would keep this rumour in the back of his head for the time being.

Noah thanked the operative and just thought of taking another look into the newspaper when yet another event caught his attention. A group of men, one in a lavender suit, the rest with purple masks, stood in front of Noah’s desk. As they entered through the main entrance and Noah had heard no signs of a sudden attack, he decided this was no sudden raid. The redhead was cautious but soon reassured when his allies did not bat an eye at this sudden change in scenery. For now, he just listened to what the spokesperson had to say. "Noah Lacroix, but I guess that’s a detail you already know?" He stood up to respond to the handshake.

"Yes, you could say that." The man smiled and Noah tried to remember what he had read in the documents he was given. An Ultear was indeed listed among the allies, though Noah would like to re-read that section later. When he heard the request, the boy agreed. "Sure, go ahead. Whatever helps the course. Any rumours I should know about?" Shortly after Noah listened to what his vis-à-vis had to say, but was yet waiting for the breakthrough where he should be looking. There had to be some lead somewhere- he just had to find it.

WC: 776 | 3,748/20,000
Sabian McQueen
Sabian McQueen
[[jurassicbark]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:13 pm

Sunflower (向日葵)

"Eh," Sabian sat with a confused expression on his face as the women cried. He wasn't really good with women crying; it put him in a very uncomfortable place and brought up memories of his long-lost childhood friend. "No need to cry. Just tell me what you need, and I'll get it," Sabian explained in a very calming voice.

After a few more minutes of bawling their eyes out, Viola explained the situation to Sabian, primarily about how her boss had instructed her to either turn the children over to the brothel or set them back into the streets.

"I don't understand why either of those things are options! Aren't they like orphanages here?" Sabian inquired.

Sniffling, Viola said, "The orphanages in Drum are known slave traffickers. People in the underground know it, but the general public has no idea. Haven't you noticed there aren't any homeless people anywhere on Black Drum? That's because anyone who can't afford to pay taxes or rent a home is 'taken in' by the Amity House," Viola explained.

"Alright. You're going a bit fast for me. Slow it down. Amity House?" Sabian inquired.

"Yeah. It's a charitable organization that owns a foster home and a homeless housing project. However, the walls are always empty. They claim they find better lives for their adopted children outside of Drum, but us in the shadows know the truth! Slavery! Most of its occupants are sold off," Viola explained.

"Which means suggesting abandoning them is akin to selling them into a life of servitude. Your boss is quite the witch!" Sabian exclaimed.

“Mhm. Indeed I am.”

The smell of the pipe filled the room first, and then, shortly afterward, a purple miasma filled the entire jail cell area. Seemingly appearing out of nowhere, the woman stretched her long lanky arms around Viola, caressing the woman's bust with one hand and gripping her pipe with the next.

"I wanted to lay my eyes on the prisoner, but I didn't know we were having a little bonding session. Don't stop on my accord! Witch?! I haven't been called that one before!" The Queen Bee exclaimed. The woman was a tall Amazon, voluptuous curves and figure; she'd wear an elegant kimono that was clearly tailor-made, and on her chest, the crest of an elected clergyman shone proudly.

"Demon. Harlot. Prostitute. I've been called a lot of things in my time, but these days, I'm referred to as Queen. Nice to meet you Sabian McQueen. My name is Vespa Da Silva. I'm the head matron at this lovely business known as the Honey Bee. I'm also one of the elected council women that help run this fine city," Vespa introduced herself.

Viola and the girls froze in fear; the woman's stone-cold gaze was akin to that of Medusa's own. She seemed to have a hold on people. Without hesitation, Viola sheathed her blade and fell to her knees in an apologetic gesture.

"Now now Viola. I've trained you better than that. I won't discipline you in front of strangers. No no. That's just bad manners. We'll talk about this later. Return to your chambers," Vespa commanded.

Without even uttering a word, the life in Viola's eyes faded, and she'd just nodded in approval. Turning away from the girls, Chloe and Zoe went to chase after her but before they could've even extended their arms, Vespa wrapped her arms around the munchkins.

"Big Sister Viola is gone on timeout. Auntie Vespa will help you ladies find a great home or occupation. And since Viola didn't have the nerve to follow instructions! I'll leave the option up to your two! Become understudies at my brothel or report to the Amity House immediately! Your choice!" Vespa exclaimed, in a blissful manner, as if she'd been enjoying every moment of the series of events that took place.

"Oi! Viola!" Sabian shouted.

The woman's robotic advance seemed to halt at the blonde's piercing voice.

Shooting a smile in her direction and winking at the twins, "You don't have to do anything she says anymore. Just say the word. Tell me what you want and I'll save you!" Sabian exclaimed.

Vespa broke out into uncontrollable laughter.

"I don't think you're aware of your position in this scene right now, eh, Mr. McQueen. You're my prisoner! How can you help my plaything-,"

The woman's words were interrupted by the sound of the shackles around Sabian's feet shattering from the vibrations of the Hasshoken.

"It seems the tranquilizer has finally worn off!" Sabian exclaimed.

"She's crazy strong Sabian. Amongst even the Royal Guard of Drum, each of the twelve council members has a champion or group who fights for them; she doesn't have one. She doesn't need one. She's one of the strongest on Black Drum. That's who Queen Bee is," Viola began to explain almost as if it was a script in her brain.

Rising to his feet, "I don't fight women anyway! So if she's strong or not! Doesn't matter to me. I told you to tell me what you want! I'll make it happen! Just believe in me!" Sabian shouted.

"I don't fight women… Oh, you're done now Mr. McQueen. Officially, you've pissed me off," Vespa declared, breaking away from the girls and hovering over to the entrance of the cell, keys in hand.

"Save me," Viola whispered; the words came out before her body couldn't even react to silence her.

Vespa froze for a moment, turning her gaze to Viola.

"What was that?! You ungrateful wench!" Vespa shouted.

"Say it again but louder! I can't hear you!" Sabian exclaimed with a smug look on his face.

"I said! Save me! You idiot!" Viola shouted. "You better take responsibility for us now!"

"Bihalala! Okay! It's about to get rocky here! So hang tight!" Sabian exclaimed.

Before Vespa's very eyes, the cage was demolished. Sabian transformed into his full Zoan Form, scooping up Viola and the twins in one swift motion. Now, in the middle of the Red Light District, a gigantic hole permeated the Honey Bee brothel house, and now, sitting on the shoulders of the dinosaur, overlooking the city, Sabian gave out a mighty roar.

"I'm sorry Noah! I promised I wouldn't break anything until we had a solid plan but, I couldn't exactly sit around and let that witch have her way! Now! Hang on tight!" Sabian shouted, before bending his reptilian knees and lunging from the debris that destroyed the brothel.

The local newspapers would read the next day, 'Dinosaur Destroys Popular Pastime in the Red Light District! Honey Bee Pleasure House Left in Ruin!'

Leaping away from the scene of the crime, after two jumps, Sabian would revert back to his human form and conceal himself within the shadows of nearby alleyways. Propping on Viola for assistance, "I gave us enough room to run. We just need to find my buddies whereabouts and then I can update him on the situation! Is there anywhere on the island that her reach can’t get to us?!” Sabian inquired.

“Yes. Clergymen aren’t allowed to enforce their authority in another clergyman’s district without a council vote! If we return to the Fishing District, we might be able to reunite with the organization that was originally supposed to house you and your friends!” Viola explained.

Securing Chloe and Zoe underarm, “Alright lead the way!” Sabian shouted, dashing off in a random direction without awaiting Viola’s instructions.

“The other way, McQueen! We’re heading South! We’re currently in the North!” Viola shouted, starting to regret her decision.

@Noah

Word Count: 1,257 |5,190 /20,000

Sabian’sTracker
Noah
Noah
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:09 pm
Lost in his thoughts again, Noah tried to narrow down who the mastermind behind the abduction might be. The easy answer would be the marines, but Noah doubted they were responsible in this case. He simply found it highly unlikely that they would be content with capturing just one sole revolutionary when they had the chance to imprison a complete crew instead. Capturing just Sabian might be easier, but it felt too atypical for Noah.

"Ultear, I’d like to clarify one thing. You know the officials, as in the World Government, stationed on the island better than I do, of course. I have yet to hear of any marine capturing somebody so discretely while focusing on just one individual. So, I’d assume they would act similarly here too?" The man moved over to Noah’s desk, seating himself opposite the redhead. "Well, corruption isn’t uncommon here amongst officials. Let’s just say if an influential figure manages to bribe some guards, they would do it." He paused for a moment, looking as if he thought about something. "But yes, I’d have to agree with your intuition. They wouldn’t just capture one of you, they’d attempt to haul in all of you. Even if they would have only use for Sabian, they’d deal with the rest of you in some other way."

The teen did not feel like thinking about what this ‘dealing’ would entail, but ultimately, he could imagine everything ranging from execution to prison to slavery. But the more he thought about this, the more he had to imagine that Jacq was somehow involved. Well, technically not Jacq himself, but the network which had been backing him so far. However, while this thought started to feel like the elephant in the room, Noah disliked saying it aloud, at least for now. Somebody within the organization must have leaked information, either willingly or somehow unwillingly, about his crew’s arrival and in case it happened willingly, Noah did not feel like announcing his suspicion already. If a double agent would be around, the teen wished to keep those in the dark for now- especially if he could end up using those for his purposes later.

"Would you mind telling me something about the slums? Do they have some figure who’s influential enough to conduct such an abduction?" Ultear barely wasted any time before responding. "You’re better off focusing on other people. While those poor souls who attacked you may very well stem from the slums, being employed by some outside force, they normally act differently. Vast portions of the slums are ruled by gangs and those would rather wage war amongst each other for predominance than try to deal with the outside world. If some of these groups would’ve kidnapped your friend, they would’ve already sent you their ransom demand."

After a short pause, he continued. "Though I wouldn’t fully rule it out that whoever captured him would hide him there. Law enforcement does its best not to have to step into the slums, as its gangs don’t fear them and mostly have its citizens’ backing. So, if somebody would have the slums’ support, accidentally running into your friend would be highly unlikely, as is information gathering there for us."

What Ultear said sounded plausible. Noah might not have had any contact with the slums yet, but what little he had followed more or less a similar narrative. Slums and towns tended to mind their own business, only interacting when absolutely necessary. Or when one side could exploit the other. As much as he would love to learn more about those parts of the island, he still had another responsibility to fulfil.

"So, what about the-" just when Noah wanted to end his question with ‘other Clergymen’, Kathy hurried in front of Noah, a new piece of paper in hand. Noah could think of two other possible players having their hands in the abduction: some influential criminal or criminal organization, one of the Clergymen, or finally an overlap of both possibilities. Noah could see either of those as powerful enough to fit into the puzzle, especially if they would have ties to Jacq.

"Noah, look at this! This special edition has the lead we need!" Kathy carried a new newspaper in hand, quickly placing it in front of her captain. When Noah looked at the headline, he could not quite believe his eyes. 'Dinosaur Destroys Popular Pastime in the Red Light District! Honey Bee Pleasure House Left in Ruin!' A sigh of relief left Noah’s lips, superseded by some cheering soon after. Unless dinosaurs were not extinct on this island or another suitable devil fruit user was on the island, the redhead was pretty sure that said dinosaur was Sabian. While the article might not give away the exact whereabouts of the blonde, it gave Noah at least enough hints to know where he had to look.

"That’s the creative measures I’m talking about!" Without wasting much more time, Noah articulated a few more orders and gathered a few volunteers. With a few search troupes formed, they could start looking for the blonde whenever the signal was given. Just when Noah let the first volunteers leave, Ultear stopped him and Kathy. "You two aren’t from here, so you might not know it. The ‘Honey Bee’ belongs to Vespa Da Silva, another of the Clergymen. Be careful, it might be best if you wait here-"

Before his ally could finish the sentence, Noah cut him off. "Thanks for your concern, Ultear. I really appreciate it. But if somebody threatens my friends and allies, I’m not holding back. If she thinks it’s okay to capture the people put under my watch, I don’t hesitate to cut her head off if need be." Noah’s gaze wandered over to Kathy, who signalled that she had the quickest route in mind to their destination. Ultear wished them good luck once more and the duo was soon on their way. Dressed in cloaks in an attempt to hide their identities, Kathy and Noah hurried through the streets, doing their best to move through less populated areas. If possible, they wished to move incognito as long as possible, especially as their way would lead them through the slums. If the slums’ citizens really were so unfriendly to outsiders would be something Noah could soon learn for himself.

WC: 1,057 | 4,805/20,000
Sabian McQueen
Sabian McQueen
[[jurassicbark]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:28 pm

Sunflower (向日葵)

North District - 'Pleasure' Grove

The Red Light district was one of the many attractions available in the Northern part of the island. Gamble Houses, Private Sittings, and Restaurants; the North section of the island was essentially an aristocrat’s dream. Honestly, Sabian, Viola, Chloe, and Zoe truly stood out like a sore thumb.

Within seconds, they’d come into contact with a few guards who served the Black Drum Alliance. Viola and Sabian brushed past the posse of four, creating a clear route as they dashed through the streets of the area.

“I think we’re drawing a bit too much attention to ourselves,” Sabian commented.

“Huh?! You think! Says the man who transformed into a giant dinosaur! How did you even do that?” Viola shouted.

“Do it again Big Bro! Do it again!” Chloe shouted.

“Yes. Yes. It was quite exhilarating!” Zoe chimed in, nodding in approval; both of the twins snuggled firmly beneath Sabian’s arms.

“Stop wiggling around! That tickles!” Sabian shouted. “Long story short - I ate a weird fruit, and now I can turn into a Dinosaur! If you need more info, ask my Captain! He’s better with these things than I am!” Sabian declared.

Making it to the parameters of the North District, the party arrived at their next roadblock, a stone fixture that physically separated the areas. The wall stood fairly robust in the sky, and in Sabian’s Dinosaur form, he’d probably stack up a quarter ways in height.

However, transforming and protecting the kids would be extremely difficult, considering his size and control over the fruit. The guards also seemed on high alert, as if they’d been looking for someone. In actuality, it wasn’t Sabian’s posse but the bell had been rung about the Crimson Burglar being in the area.

Hiding in a nearby alley, ten pairs of eyes peeped out at the guard post. When the party noticed the other man’s presence, they all let out a squeal, only to be shushed by the crimson masked man.

“Shhhhhh, you're gonna attract the guards, you idiots!” The strange man garbed in a red attire beckoned. Strapped on his back was a giant backpack of stolen goods; statues, gold ornaments, and jewels could be seen protruding from the bag's interior.

“Looks like you’re hiding out too old man,” Sabian declared.

“Oh. Really? What makes you say that?” The Crimson Burglar inquired in a sarcastic manner.

“Well, for starters, the bag of stolen goods on your back!” Sabian shouted. Lunging from his inferior height position, the man slapped his boot against Sabian’s face. “Pipe down! You're gonna get us killed!” Crimson Mask shouted. Sabian and the man rolled around in the alley scuffling.

Within seconds, the guards had them surrounded.

“Looks like he had some accomplices this time! Freeze, Crimson Burglar, on behalf of the Clergywoman Vespa, we’re arresting you and your accomplices for questioning!” The guard with the highest authority announced.

“See! You got us caught, old man!” Sabian shouted.

“Old! I’m the spring age of eighty-two, you dumbass,” the Crimson Burglar announced with pride.

Launching into mid-air, Sabina, Viola, and The Crimson Burglar made quick work of the grunts.

“Look. As much as I’m enjoying our little comedy skit… If that brat’s personal guard catches up with us, her assassins will have our heads!” The Crimson Burglar explained.

Tugging on the man’s collar, “Then lead the way, gramps. We're humbling in your service.” Sabian started smirking. Before he could rattle up another argument, the twin girls joined in and also tugged on his guard with big gooey eyes that screamed ‘Us Too!’

Melting at their cuteness, huffing and puffing, The Crimson Burglar led the party of escapees through a nearby underground tunnel network that only the eldest of Black Drum knew about. They’d successfully escaped the North District.

The Next Day…

In the slums of the South District, where the famed Crimson Crows street gang resided - Sabian, Viola, Chloe, and Zoe sat in a dusty ragged home, drinking out of very fancy tea cups and pots. The contrast between the fine china and the housing was immensely jarring.

They didn't have much to offer; Sabian had taken the scraps they did have and spent the day frolicking through the nearby forest areas to cook the slum kids and elders an outdoors stew. An army man’s survivor pot! As they waited for the stew to take its natural course, Sabian leaned back, staring at the ceiling of the dingy house.

@Noah

Word Count: 745 |5,935/20,000

Sabian’sTracker
Noah
Noah
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:33 pm
Still rather early in the morning, Kathy and Noah could move through the streets without much disturbance. Many of Black Drum’s citizens were just about starting their days, which made them pass barely anybody. And if they did walk past somebody, this person more often than not hurried along their way, looking as if they had places they needed to be. Luckily, they did not run into any guards as far as the redhead could tell. As such, the duo could reach the slum they had to pass without any interference. However, their passing should not be as peaceful here as it had been beforehand.

The two youngsters were just about to enter the road leading into the slum ahead, when a bald man, towering over Noah, suddenly blocked his way. [npc=misc]”Hey, buddy, if you want to pass, you’ll have to pay a road toll.”[/npc] The man smiled, presenting some gaps between his teeth. [npc=misc]”Though, fair warning, pretty boys like you have to pay extra. But that’s self-explanatory, right?”[/npc] Intuitively, Noah’s hand rested on Kanshou’s handle, ready to strike at a moment's notice.

Before Noah had time to answer, another man approached from the shadows, grappling Kathy’s arm. [npc=misc]”Oh, boss, she looks like a fine lass. She should easily cover the extra toll, don’t you think? She looks like she’s in need of some real men, not such a milksop.”[/npc] The second man was smaller and thinner than his boss, but the way he salivated over Kathy made a shiver run over Noah’s back. He now got a could idea why people avoided these parts of the island as best as they could.

As one could imagine, Kathy disliked being treated in such a manner. While she screamed at first out of surprise, she soon did her best to break free, which just seemed to encourage her offender more, who proceeded to grab her second arm and push her against the next wall. "Hey you creep, let me go!" Kathy struggled as best as she could but quickly reached her limits when the man was all over her, ignoring everything she said. Noah had seen enough and leapt forward.

Just when Noah was about to draw his sword, though, the man who acted as their boss punched him. Lying on the ground after the impact, Noah fiercely glanced at the man, grinding his teeth. [npc=misc]”Hey, milksop, resistance costs extra.”[/npc] Presenting the gaps in his teeth anew, Noah now started to snap. With a quick roll to the side, which allowed Noah to dodge the next kick, he managed to stand up and draw Kanshou in a swift motion. Before the man could properly process what had happened, Noah cut him down already. Wounded, though not too gravely, the man crawled on the ground, whimpering from pain. Ignoring him as best as he could, Noah leapt forward full of rage, hitting the second man, who paid Noah no mind, with the hilt of his sword as hard as he could. After the man slumped down, the teen stabilized Kathy so that she could catch her breath. "Are you okay?" Only shortly after those words left his lips did he realize how stupid they were. After she managed to compose herself again, she replied. "Y-Yes, I’m fine. Th-Thanks."

After Kathy somewhat caught her cool again, Noah turned back to his first victim. Looking him up and down, he seemed to wear something akin to a uniform. "Which gang do you belong to?" Noah mostly asked out of curiosity. He did not feel like learning everything he could about the local gangs. Right now, he mostly wished to know which grunts he could cut down upon first sight without it gnawing at his conscience. As the response took the man too long, Noah started to lose some of his patience and stepped on the man’s wound, slowly putting more weight behind it. Between some screams, he ultimately managed to express a [npc=misc]”Si-Silver S-Swords”[/npc], satisfying Noah’s curiosity.

Upon further inspection of both men’s uniforms, he could find an emblem resembling a silver sword, so the teen was inclined to believe this response. Just when Noah was worrying about Kathy and if he should send her home to properly rest, another uniformed gentleman arrived after all the commotion. The man shouted for backup to arrive and decided to attack Noah, but Kathy furiously intervened, knocking him out and letting off some steam as a result. "Oh, no you won’t!" Backup slowly arrived, giving Noah the answer to the question he had yet to ask. "I guess that settles if you’re fit enough to continue. I’ll take the lead, you’ll have my back, okay?" Kathy simply nodded and soon both moved forward.

Slowly but steadily, more of the Silver Swords arrived, though they only had limited success. Noah did not cut those down as precisely as he had done with the first two, focussing more on quickly getting past them, but it nonetheless created a bigger commotion. Soon, the citizens started to throw hateful gazes towards the revolutionaries and not long after they stood in front of a larger group of grunts. Passing those would be hard.

Just when Noah thought about turning into a falcon and flying away with Kathy, a man wearing a crimson crow-shaped mask appeared near an alleyway Noah hardly realized was there. “If you want to get out of here unharmed, follow me!” From the getup alone, Noah just thought that he run into one of the Crimson Crows responsible for some of the commotion happening in the news. With nothing to lose, Noah decided to follow the figure's lead. Moving past who knows how many turns, the redhead would be sure of one thing: he would be totally lost here alone. A few moments later, the footsteps of their pursuers slowly died down, though the trio hardly lost any momentum.

Only when they arrived at something resembling a base they stopped. “Tch, you city dwellers always have to create a ruckus down here, huh?” Noah could easily hear the man’s annoyance. “But I have to give you credit for standing up to those bastards, I guess. Anyways, welcome at the Crimson Crow’s base. Better keep what you see here a secret if you know what’s good for you.” Trying to catch his breath, Noah did his best to ignore the passive-aggressive tone his saviour presented, while expressing his thanks. It looks like he got the appointment with the Crows earlier than he would have imagined mere hours ago.

WC: 1,088 | 5,893/20,000
Sabian McQueen
Sabian McQueen
[[jurassicbark]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:37 am

Sunflower (向日葵)

As Noah entered the slums' base, a quite familiar face lurked in the shadows, watching their arrival.

The children pretty much played in the streets, while the mothers in the community focused on finishing up the household duties around their respective residences. The disparity between rich luxurious houses in the North end and those in the slums was quite jarring.

Many homes had broken roofs, shattered steps, and hanging flutters that couldn’t even withstand the lightest of rains. As the masked figure escorted them through the area, the terrain became more militant, guards and lookouts escorted them through various checkouts.

Stepping outside to check on his soup, Sabian’s eyes locked with Kathy’s first. The woman broke away from the pact, tears in her eyes, and lunged into Sabian’s arms. “You idiot! You made us worried sick!” Kathy shouted, wailing in tears.

“Bihalalala! If this is what I need to do to get this kind of response out of you, I’d get kidnapped more,” Sabian smirked at the woman’s touch. As her embrace broke, the twin girls huddled by Sabian’s legs glaring at the new entry for Sabian’s attention. Viola laid back in the shadows; after all, she’d been the reason he’d been kidnapped in the first place.

Noah and Sabian’s eyes met next. Taking their time, the two exchanged a handshake and a brief embrace. As per usual, Sabian locked his hand around Noah’s neck and playfully ruffled the redhead’s hair. “Sorry for being grabbed so easily, Capt’n! However, at least I got some rest, and I’m raring to go. There’s a few details I need to fill you in on! You’re usually the man with the plan. Something isn’t adding up,” Sabian explained.

As they moved from inside to outside, the reunited group huddled around the fire. Kathy took over the cooking portion; after tasting the base Sabian had conjured up, it was close but not up to her standards. She’d be close enough to the group conversation, though.

Sabian would explain now where he’d been the last few days, who grabbed him, and what he’d been exposed to in the North District. It’d been a total of four days since they’d arrived on Black Drum. Noah exchanged his information, and Viola's ears perked up at the information that they’d been in Ultear’s care.

“Ultear? In the South District? That’s impossible. Ultear is the Black Drum Alliance’s minister of finance. He introduced himself as the Agriculture Minister; that title belongs to a chipper lad by the name of Mr. Bibbons. He’s the owner of that port y’all docked four nights ago,” Viola explained.

“He’s probably been lying to you a lot to keep tabs on you. From our intelligence, more and more Clergymen are going missing as the days go by,” The Crimson Burglar chimed in.

“What do you think of this situation, leader?” The Crimson Burglar inquired, addressing the youthful masked man who escorted Noah and his party there. Removing his crow-shaped mask, a teenager with bright energy assessed the situation.

“I’m usually not up for discussing our business with outsiders, but seeing that y'all are NRA, you might be the perfect contacts to have. My name is Simon, and that old brat - ‘The Crimson Burglar’ is our chief, Jenga. From the sounds of it, someone within the Black Drum Alliance found out about Mr. Bibbons' deal with the NRA and has been actively trying to probe y’all for information,” Simon theorized.

“If that’s the case, then Lady Vespa is definitely involved. Vespa and Ultear have been childhood friends since adolescence, and Ultear’s one of the stronger forces in the East District,” Viola chimed in.

“Sounds like y’all been getting played like some chumps!” A voice called out from the shadows who’d been listening in.

“Considering your history, I’m surprised you're revealing yourself at this time, Jacq,” Simon stated.

“These punks messed up a counterintelligence job that took me several months to put in motion! I still have mad beef with Blonde!” Jacq shouted.

“We’ll come over here lemme finish smashing your face in, prick!” Sabian shouted.

“Enough.” The Chief stepped in quelling the argument with a single word. “Jacq, despite your history with him, is a native to Black Drum. We’ve been housing him here for the NRA. It was us who have been interrogating him and extracting information for the movement,” Jenga explained.

Sighing, “Look at all the pieces, you stupid kids. You’re looking at it all from the wrong angle,” Jacq said, turning to Noah, as he’d later found out, he was the true brains behind their success and operations.

@Noah

Word Count: 766 |6,701 /20,000

Sabian’sTracker
Noah
Noah
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:02 pm
As Noah now had a chance to properly process the scenery he was in, he started to realize how run-down a large portion of the slums were. What seemed to be the Crimson Crows base, if the masked man’s words could be trusted, was the only part Noah saw which was decently in shape. Whatever the redhead otherwise gazed upon seemed to be in dire need of repair and work. Damaged walls, holes in the rooftops, or broken doors appeared to be the norm otherwise. Yet, the civilians he saw were surprisingly cheerful.

Shortly after Noah started to smell how somebody was cooking a soup, but needed some time to properly pay attention to it. He still tried to take in more details of the slums, furthering his dislike of how the authorities could let people live in such misery. Only when he noticed how Kathy suddenly moved away from him did he return to the here and now. Just when he wished to shout after her he saw how she embraced Sabian. It looked like fate favoured them today.

Noah gave the two a chance to properly reunite and as a result, moved somewhat slowly over to them. After Kathy eventually let go of Sabian, it was Noah’s turn to express his welcome back. "Well, if you plan to get kidnapped again, please do us the favour to send us a hint earlier next time, okay? That’s better for the stress levels of us all." He smiled from ear to ear for a moment, before turning serious again when he heard what Sabian had to say.

Noah had had the feeling that something was off on the island and hearing a similar thought from Sabian was reassuring. As the blonde started to report what he witnessed, the picture he had of Vespa was not getting any better. When it was Noah’s turn to express what he lived through, Viola stopped being silent and chimed in. What he now heard created a whole new picture. "I knew it. Something is off here!" Just to make sure they were talking about the same man Noah proceeded to describe the man who had visited him, just to learn that Ultear did indeed mix a few crucial details up. The documents he was given had been lying to him, which just further fed his suspicion that they had a mole or leak among their rows or superiors up the hierarchy. It was just too convenient to surprise them just when they arrived on the island.

"Could you do me a favour?" Noah now turned to the two men talking for the Crimson Crows. "I wouldn’t be surprised if you doing already are doing this, but please check the area for me. If somebody of our operatives followed Kathy and me here, we might very easily learn who was leaking and manipulating the intel we are operating with currently." Simon nodded and Noah could hear some sudden movements behind him. For now, he continued to listen again. If the Crows would succeed in capturing an operative before he found out who was double-crossing them, Noah would not be complaining.

When he heard how two of the Clergymen Noah had heard stories about so far were friends, Noah started to get a hunch about how the whole situation could end. "So, to make sure I get that right: Vespa is in charge of the north, Ultear of the East, whereas Bibbons, our actual ally, governs the South, but given how he did not manage to greet us, is probably missing? Not to mention all of the other Clergymen disappearing over the past few weeks looks awfully suspicious."

Out of nowhere, Jacq appeared. Noah should be surprised, but after everything he had learnt since stepping on Black Drum, seeing his former enemy, if he could qualify as such for Noah had not really run into him as opposed to Sabian, standing here, hardly managed to faze him. Though it probably helped that Noah was not alone now. During the quarrel between Sabian and Jacq, the redhead kept quiet, thinking about all the pieces he learnt so far. "Wait, there are four cardinal points, we’ve talked only about three so far! The west is missing, who is in charge there?"

Noah should probably wait for an answer before continuing his train of thought, but he felt like the words had to leave his lips. "Whatever is going on, we need to look west, right? Based on what I heard, Vespa and Ultear might be powerful and influential, but do they have enough resources to take on the whole island? Not to mention that if they wanted the island for themselves, they would need to take on the World Government. Well, I haven’t heard about another organization ambitious enough besides us to do that in these seas. At the same time, they dealt with Bibbons, as well as other Clergymen who were opposed to their ideals. If I had to guess, they would try to support us- a faction which could back them. So, let me guess: whoever is in charge of the west has some ties to the World Government and tries their best to strengthen the ties they have to it? Probably allowing the other two to profit in some form or shape?"

WC: 887 | 6,780/20,000
Sabian McQueen
Sabian McQueen
[[jurassicbark]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:52 pm

Sunflower (向日葵)

"Bingo. The last piece is in the west. The clergyman who's been making a killing this last year financially, a former noble, a man by the name of Leonardo. They call him the 'Miracle Worker'; he’s an extremely skilled doctor who is rumored to have the cure for almost any disease," Jacq explained.

"Whether that’s propaganda or truth, the public accepts it as the latter. Even amongst us in the Southern Slums, he's favored, especially by the Silver Swords," Jenga chimed in.

"And what’s worse is the thugs he has in his retainer. He’s saved a few pirate crews from rare diseases, and now they live in the west almost like kings in exchange for his protection. If there’s anyone who's behind this, it must be him," Simon added.

Before Viola could’ve added to the conversation, three masked assailants descended from the roof. Instantly constraining the woman in a rope bind, the other two created a shield as the leader tried to extract Viola from amongst the slums.

Jacq and Sabian’s response times in snarling and transforming into their Zoan forms were countered by a smoke bomb dispersed by the leader of Vespa’s assassins. However, the bomb offset Jacq’s nose, but Sabian powered through, stomping onto the other two women and pinning them to the ground.

"Captain! Don’t let her get away!" Sabian shouted, as he watched the woman swiftly dash from rooftop to rooftop, avoiding the Crimson Crow’s land-ridden men.

Meanwhile, in the West District

Puru Puru Puru….
Puru…. Clank!

"You didn’t tell me I’d be dealing with a Zoan user, Leo!" Vespa annoyingly shouted into the phone.

"Hm. Well hello to you too, Vespa my Love. It seems you’re having a rough twenty-four; I read the newspaper! It was a real page-turner!" The voice on the other end of the line teased.

"Don’t you get smart with me, Mr. Miracle Worker," Vespa retorted.

"Relax. Albeit, the files I received didn’t say anything about his Devil Fruit abilities, my apologies. Much less, a dinosaur. I just need you to hold it down a bit longer until I find out where this rat Bibbons has been hiding out," Leonardo explained, as his servants pampered him behind the scenes, clipping away at this stress with each second of their multi-person massage.

"Tch. Always so calm and collected. I hate that about you. Ultear informed me he’s also lost the other revolutionary brat. Their last reported location is near Crimson Crow territory," Vespa stated.

"I have a few of the Silver Swords' elite on my payroll. I’ll have them look into it. I just need you to handle your little slip up. The girl from your camp, ugh, Viola was it? Take care of it, Vessy!" Leonardo demanded.

"The remaining council meets in literally a few days. If we can hold out until then, I have the marines promising full World Government backing," Leonardo reported.

"Great. Cuz we’ll need it if the Revolutionaries are involved," Vespa concluded, hanging up the phone abruptly.

Scoffing, "Tch. She’s so opinionated for a prostitute. Now. How do I play this next card?" Leonardo whispered to himself.

@Noah

Word Count: 520 |7,221 /20,000

Sabian’sTracker

Last edited by Sabian McQueen on Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Noah
Noah
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:10 pm
Noah was quiet for now, mostly taking in whatever the natives of the island had to share. He felt reassured that his guess seemed to be correct, though he was not happy with the way everything appeared to turn out. Their superiors were right in their assumption that something was wrong on the island. The disappearance of the Clergymen finally made sense: somebody wanted to see them gone, capturing or outright assassinating them if need be.

The redhead was just thinking of joining the conversation when some more assassins decided to try their luck. Another trio arrived, though as far as the teen could see now all women, which both Jacq and Sabian immediately faced. Noah would follow shortly after. "On my way!" Before leaving his place, Noah transformed into his hybrid form and soon spread his wings. The redhead jumped as high as he could without moving, using the momentum he could create in this way to take flight. Showing his powers so openly might not be the wisest option- if he had to guess their enemies would have some watchful eyes around. Additionally, it might prompt their opponents to take the revolutionaries seriously for a change.

From up in the air, he had no problems pinpointing the assailant carrying Viola, as the smoke bomb could not reach him there. Without wasting more time, he charged forward, using the falling to create some extra momentum. "Too slow." When Noah closed the distance to the assailant, he pinned her down and grabbed her by the neck, while simultaneously trying his best so that Viola would not be hurt anymore. Before his target could muster a counterattack, Noah already returned to camp.

As soon as he stepped foot there, he threw the perpetrator in front of some Crimson Crows’ feet. "If you don’t mind? You’re better equipped for housing prisoners, I assume." Afterwards, he carefully put Viola down and changed back into his human form. "Are you alright?" After the bumpy ride, Viola just managed to say a short [npc=misc]”Th-Thank you.”[/npc]

Before the redhead got back to business, he looked around, making sure that nobody else would suddenly decide to try another kidnapping attempt. "Where were we? Right, the ‘Miracle Worker’. Sounds to me like he shouldn’t gain too much influence. Or, well, not grow any stronger than he already is." He paused for a moment, thinking about the next step. The fact that pirates in particular were bolstering his forces left a bitter taste. He doubted that they were as loyal as a regiment of marines would be, but if Noah was wrong, they could easily be bad news.

"I assume the Silver Swords are the other major players in the slums here?" The Crow’s leader barely wasted any time to answer this question. “Yes, they are. The two of us are the most influential groups with the biggest standing and funding. With them gaining increasing support from Leonardo, they might eventually gain the upper hand.” To undermine his words, he was spitting on the ground in front of him. This summed up what Noah had thought and maybe hoped for. Remembering his experience with them, he was not yet done with them.

"Very well, this should work. I still have a score to settle with them, so I can do this now rather than later, right? Like this, Leonardo might start to panic when he loses hold of some of his precious pieces. While I do my best to subdue them, some of you can start looking for Mr. Bibbons. I’m sure you already have some rumours regarding him?"

WC: 600 | 7,380/20,000
Sabian McQueen
Sabian McQueen
[[jurassicbark]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:37 pm

Sunflower (向日葵)

Thanks to Noah’s swift movements and quick thinking, Viola was safe. Usually wearing an emotionless expression, tears welled up in the woman’s eyes as she and the twin cried into Sabian’s garments. “Whoa! Hey! Calm down, you lot! As long as Kathy, the Captain, and I are here, you’re safe! We’re rebels, after all!” Sabian exclaimed with a hearty belt.

Fidgeting with his nose, “Those had to be Vespa’s spies!” Jacq announced. “Calm down, Jacq,” Simon declared. “As for locating Mr. Bibbons, you can leave that task to me,” The Crimson Burglar, Jenga, chimed in. “I know the routes through all the districts, and catching me is almost impossible. Simon and Jacq will attract too much attention anyway!” Jenga exclaimed.

“If you’re going into Silver Sword’s territory, leave me out. I’ll stay here and guard the girls. We have a few underground bunkers. I’ll lead them there in the interim,” Jacq exclaimed.

“To be honest… I don’t really trust you, Jacq. After all, just a while ago, we were ripping each other's necks apart! However,” Sabian declared, pausing midway through his sentence to bow his head. “If you could look after these girls in my stead, I’d gratefully appreciate it.” Bowing his head respectfully, the man dropped onto one knee.

“Ha. Arise, McQueen. I’m not doing this for you. Anything to piss off that witch Vespa, I’ll gladly volunteer for. She and I have some bad blood. I don’t exactly agree with her way of doing business,” Jacq explained, waving away the blonde’s chivalric actions.

Shooting the girls a grin, Viola, Chloe, and Zoe followed Jacq to the barricaded perimeter within the slum’s plains. Walking up next to his Captain, Noah and Sabian now stood shoulder to shoulder. “I’ll go with Old Man Jenga so I can keep y'all up to date via Den Den Mushi. I got a few from the warehouse we were being held at,” Kathy chimed in.

Tossing a transponder to both Noah and Sabian, Kathy bid the party goodbye and scurried off, dressed in ninja clothing much like the Crimson Burglar. A new legend was born, the Pink Mask, the beautiful seductive assistant to the Crimson One.

“Well, Noah. I guess it’s time to do what we do best. Let’s beat our way through some hoodlums and gather some information!” Sabian exclaimed, gung ho for a fight.

@Noah

Word Count: 392 |7,613 /20,000

Sabian’sTracker
Noah
Noah
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:38 pm
Noah caught the Den Den Mushi and quickly stored it away. With that out of the way, everybody could soon focus on their respective tasks. "Just don’t hesitate to contact us if things turn dire on your end, okay?" Noah turned to face Kathy, making her the main recipient of this message. However, Kathy and the Crimson Burglar were not the only ones Noah wished to include.

"The same is true for you as well, Jacq. We may not have had the best start, but I guess there is a bit of truth in the old saying ‘the enemy of my enemy is my friend’. Well, at the very least I guess I should thank you for taking care of everybody while we’re gone!" Before the newfound ally could respond, Kathy was the first to speak.

"Well, enough with the sentimentalities now, okay? Don’t be too reckless yourselves, got it? Just remember that whatever you said is true for you as well: Whenever you two need an extra pair of hands, call us!" With these words out of the way, Kathy, now in her new outfit, and the Crimson Burglar were already on their way.

"Alright, we better get going ourselves, right? We still got a feud to settle!" Just when Noah finally wished to depart as well, Simon stopped the boy by throwing a map in his way. “You probably won’t have the time to memorize all routes through the slums, so here. I marked how you two have to walk so that you don’t get lost around here.” Another round of thanks later, the redhead could finally depart.

As Sabian and Noah were walking, the captain quickly uttered a final round of warnings. "Just as a heads up: As soon as we reach Silver Sword territory, be careful. The last time Kathy and I ran into them, they loved to ambush us. Let’s just say I wouldn’t be surprised if they would attempt the same strategy again." With that said, Noah kept looking around as best as he could while traversing the streets but so far, he did not manage to find anything suspicious. But then again, they had yet to reach enemy territory.

A few moments later, they ultimately reached their destination. Or, rather, the first few grunts were soon blocking their way. "Great, just who I’m looking for. I’ll let you decide how we’ll proceed: Will you let us voluntarily pass and lead us to your superiors or should we cut you down and search for ourselves?" While he would not mind setting the score with this gang, finding a peaceful situation would at the very least save time and spare energy. Thus, Noah awaited their response, but as one of his hands was already resting on Kanshou’s hilt, the redhead was nonetheless ready to strike.

WC: 470 | 7,850/20,000
Sabian McQueen
Sabian McQueen
[[jurassicbark]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:30 pm

Sunflower (向日葵)

Inside the Silver Swords Hideout:

The hoodlums nestled themselves around a pile of berries on the ground, gambling away their daily earnings from extortion and similar petty crimes, to say the least. The Silver Swords hideout had a dojo layout, with one main entrance guarded by a few lackeys, but much of its surroundings were covered by greenery. Strange, even in the slums, the forest remnants seemed to tell the story that settlement here was always once common.

Stuck on the toilet, the Silver Sword’s leader took a daily dump while reading the newspaper’s shocking article about a rampaging dinosaur.

“Tch. These politicians and their propaganda,” the Boss murmured to himself.

Suddenly, in a projectile manner, a human body came firing through the outdoor restroom, crashing through the cushy pinewood door. The grunt found himself unconscious at the feet of his half-naked boss.

Discarding his paper to the ground and finishing his toiletry duties, the Captain nursed his pipe once more and went outside to assess the situation.

Five Minutes earlier at the entrance to the Silver Swords Base:

After Noah’s introductory statement, their slum-like hospitality took form as the duo guards clutched their spears. A wicked smile plastered Sabian’s face. With one pumped-up kick to the solar plexus, Sabian sent the guard's body flying through the dojo’s entrance several meters into the base's hive.

“Bihalalala! Negotiation isn’t the kind of language you speak to these types, Captain. Allow me to lead the ‘talks,’” Sabian declared as he extended his long limbs in violence, swiftly sending the second guard to follow suit. Sabian charged into the estate, only to be surrounded by a pack of about fifty to sixty grunts in total.

Taking a deep breath, “My name’s Sabian McQueen. Sunflower of the Revolutionary Army. This here’s my Cap'n Noah. We’re here to unite the slums against the tyranny of the country!” Sabian shouted.

“Sunflower? Is this guy nuts?” one of the thieves murmured.

“He looks like some aristocrat brat! Maybe he got lost playing make-believe boys!” another of the Silver Swords chimed in.

The group chuckled in a timely manner, similar to the exchange between a stand-up comedian and his crowd.

“How do you plan to unify us, boy? With violence? Doesn’t seem quite diplomatic,” one of the thieves chimed in.

“Bilahahaha! I never said I was a politician. Diplomacy is a bit above my paygrade soft skill-wise, sorry. I propose a simple wager. Two of your best guys versus two of ours. The winner does what the other says,” Sabian explained.

One of the men fired off his pistol at Sabian’s left foot, “And what’s stopping us from just gunning you both down where you stand huh?” one of the thieves declared impatiently.

Lunging towards the marksman in a spider-like manner, Sabian scaled the walls of the dojo, arriving on the second floor where the sniper stood. With a combination of elegant moves, he disarmed the sniper using the tip of his boots. One quick flare to the hand, another stomp to his foot, and the last movement saw Sabian’s shoes rest firmly against the man’s jaw, now pressed against the floor.

“You don’t have enough men or lead for that approach!” Sabian declared, grinning in a happy-go-lucky manner.

“Enough of this farce. This chivalry act is gonna make me barf,” a voice extended from one of the closed rooms.

Sliding the door open, a man dressed in a blue kimono emerged with a katana at his waist, alongside a mountain of a man who smoked on a pipe.

“My name’s Hiroshi. And this here is our Boss, Kenpachi.”

As Hiroshi did the introductions, Kenpachi, still pissed that his morning shit was disturbed, had a menacing scowl on his face.

“Hmm. You wish for a scuffle, little man, but what’s in it for us? What if I simply decline your offer and we fight to see if you can back up those words, all sixty-something of us versus you and your Captain?” Kenpachi inquired with a hint of bloodlust.

“Aren’t you tired of selling away your lands and freedoms to these corrupt representatives? What’s in it for you is obvious, a chance at an actual clean start—”

“Stop right there! I’ve been around a long time. I’ve lived through the World Government’s reign and the Black Drum Alliance Era. Everyone promises you the world at the beginning, what makes the revolutionaries any different?” Kenpachi inquired.

“Ha. I’m not qualified to answer that question! You go, Noah!” Sabian shouted.

@Noah

Word Count: 750 | 8,363 /20,000

Sabian’sTracker
Noah
Noah
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:40 pm
Before the grunts had a real chance to answer, Sabian moved and sent the first one flying. Naturally, Noah should have anticipated his partner’s action, so he should probably be upset. Surprisingly, though, for a change it did not bother him too much. The redhead came here with the resolve to fight and as such, the plan only partly changed.

With Sabian’s entry, all eyes were clued to the blonde, which allowed the redhead to slowly move forward. His hand was still resting on Kanshou, Noah’s eyes moving through the increasing eyes of grunts who wished to see what all the fuss was about. Noah was searching for somebody in particular, somebody he might have to address directly if he wished to resolve this dispute without escalating it too much. Just when he started to give up on his little idea, he finally found who he was looking for: one of the grunts who crossed Kathy’s and his path not too long ago. With this man’s location kept in mind, it was his time to enter the stage.

"I could start by telling you how the NRA wishes to put the citizens of an island into a position to fend for themselves, aided by the revolutionaries, but I’ll spare us all this tale, okay? I’m sure that’s nothing you want to hear." As Noah raised his voice, more and more eyes were upon him. Simultaneously, he let go of his sword’s hilt so that he could gesture more freely while talking. "Instead, let me ask you a question: What makes you believe that Leonardo will be the better choice? He hired you to do his bidding. I wouldn’t be surprised if he regards the lot of you as nothing more than a disposable force."

“How do you know of him?!” Given that question, Noah seemed to have struck a nerve. "We are on an island under the World Government’s influence, which means both the revolutionary army and its allies operate here. Naturally, information gathering is just day-to-day business under those circumstances." Noah walked around a bit and just shrugged. Now, it was time to increase the pressure.

"As you can imagine, we don’t want Leonardo to gain any more influence. So, we are here to do exactly this: Make sure that Leonardo doesn’t gain new allies. Really, take it as a gesture of our goodwill that we’re not already bashing your heads in." As Noah felt how the Silver Swords slowly turned hostile, he acted swiftly and pointed at the man whose position he had memorized.

"And in case you think numbers are enough to deal with us, ask your friend over there." As Noah had hoped, more and more eyes were now staring the grunt down. At the same time, the man looked increasingly distraught. "He already ran into me and did not manage to subdue me. Not even when he had backup. And if you think that was all I am capable of, think again." Noah heard mumbling but did not feel like letting go of the momentum and continued talking before anybody else could cut him off.

”Don’t forget my friend over there. Would you think we’d be foolish enough to enter your home turf if we weren’t ready to take you on?" In a swift motion, Noah drew his sword, raising it towards Kenpachi’s position. "So, let me ask you my friend’s question again: Do you want a duel or an all-out brawl? We just want you out of the equation. Ideally, we win you as our allies, but if you decline our offer, so be it." He had said what he wished to say. As far as he could tell Kenpachi looked enraged, but this was to be expected. Now, the leader of the Silver Swords had to pick the side he wished to be on.

WC: 641 | 8,491/20,000
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord