Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account



Latest topics
[World Event] A Fool's ErrandYesterday at 11:20 pmSabian McQueen[Claims] Devil Fruit ClaimsYesterday at 5:29 pmShingo Riki[Claims] Face ClaimsYesterday at 4:22 pmGray[Rolls] Start me up!Yesterday at 3:47 pmRNGesus[Bio] "Long Limbed" LysanderYesterday at 3:46 pmGray[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsThu May 23, 2024 9:52 pmLysander[Episode] The Sun Will Always Rise Again!Thu May 23, 2024 8:30 pmLysander[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsSun May 19, 2024 8:38 pmGray[Tracker] LysanderSat May 18, 2024 1:14 amLysander
Go down
Kaelan Janus
Kaelan Janus
[tracker=/t2750-tracker-kaelan-janus#17957]
Name : Kaelan Janus
Epithet : Maverick
Age : 27
Height : 6'2 (187 cm)
Weight : 190 (86 kg)
Species : Human
Faction : Cipher Pol
Alliance : N/A
Crew : N/A
Ship : N/A
Marine Rank : N/A
Crew Role : N/A
Devil Fruit : N/A
Balance : 5,050,000
[[improviseadaptovercome]]
Posts : 10

[Episode] First Impressions Empty [Episode] First Impressions

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:29 pm
Quest Details:

"All right, young man, this here's your stop. It's a shame that you lost all your product. It happens to the best of us; I know from experience. Yet, you won't let that bother you too much. You young folk are always surprising people, so chin up and don't do anything reckless for a while. Take a break."

As the small vessel arrived on the southeastern docks of Baterilla, a bustling port city known for its vibrant markets and lively taverns, cutting through the salty sea and dispersing a school of fish, the grizzled fisherman gave his young passenger a wink and salute, a sign of respect for a fellow traveler. With a polite smile, the passenger tosses an adequate sum of belli in a pouch toward the man as the vessel sails off on the lazy currents that brought him here. The architecture, a mix of old and new, towered above him, casting long shadows on the cobblestone streets.

"Appreciated. Have a good day."

The deck creaks slightly as the young man steps off the schooner and onto the boardwalk. Adjusting his tattered cloak, the unfortunate merchant strolls along the promenade and into the town proper. It was towards the middle of the day, maybe an hour past noon, yet the atmosphere was surprisingly subdued. Kaelan had anticipated a bustling energy for a crowded town like this but was met with a stark contrast. The cobblestone paths meandered throughout the place as he stepped past some buildings, his curiosity piqued by the unexpected calm of the town.

Retrieving the yellowed, frayed scrap of a note from his pocket, he again reads over the cryptic contents. It had taken about a week or so to arrive in Baterilla, setting up what he would need for the beginning of this mission and ensuring everything would be on track with his chances of success. The note, a puzzle waiting to be solved, held the key to his next move.

Letter:

Folding the note and shoving it in his right pocket, Kaelan keeps his pace, walking with no true urgency, keeping his image of being unassuming and simply a young man passing through if a bit soaked. While most of the atmosphere he recalled from Baterilla was half of that today, there were still sounds of activity just out of earshot in the immediate vicinity. With this in mind, it was clear to Kaelan that it was more than just quiet; everyone was actively avoiding the town center. A short sea breeze whispers past him, his browned cloak billowing and mixing in with the scent of brine as it does so.

Reports mentioned petty organized gang activity here...perhaps it's not so petty at the moment.."

The agent ponders as he walks, his steps falling into his familiar rigidness. He picks up on this in mid-step and assumes a more relaxed gait. From his observation of Wallace, the man was always seen to be carefree and never without a drink in hand. While he would attempt to avoid taking distracting measures by assuming every habit of his mark, he reminded himself that anything short of perfect with his act and this mission would be a bust.
Meanwhile..



Drip.

Drip.

Darkness was one of the only few friends that one in his position could rely on. This incessant dripping or the stench of sewage and other things, however, he could do without. He never was one to complain.

"Sonny, aren't we gonna make a move yet? I'm getting tired of sittin' down here. It smells and I haven't lost my lunch yet because I'm too scared to eat it now. The stench probably got to it. You ever thought of eatin' a sandwich that smells like shit? A shit sandwich, Sonny! You can't expect me to eat that now!"

He couldn't complain, since someone else was already doing it for him. The mink, Sonny sighs as he turns to his companion.

"Linus, I've already told you. It is only for the time being. We're waiting for someone. They were supposed to be here today. If you can hold out for a while longer...I promise, I'll make it up to you."
Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord