Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Rolls] Start me up!Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:22 pmRNGesus[Arc] Shadows of the Past Part 2: A Shocking HauntingWed Jun 12, 2024 1:40 amAnton La'croix[Episode] A unusual meet upThu Jun 06, 2024 1:55 pmRaysha Valentine[World Event] A Fool's ErrandWed Jun 05, 2024 6:09 pmNoah[Arc] Shadows of the Past: Part 1 - Demon's RevoltWed Jun 05, 2024 9:13 amAnton La'croixDevil Fruit Ideas CenterTue Jun 04, 2024 11:31 amSyareooPH93[Advertisement] Black Clover: Shattered GrimoiresMon Jun 03, 2024 6:59 pmGuest[Bio] Ayden YentsSun Jun 02, 2024 7:22 pmAyden Yents[Claims] Devil Fruit ClaimsThu May 30, 2024 11:37 pmShingo Riki
Go down
Lysander
Lysander
[tracker=/t2823-tracker-lysander#18710]
Name : Lysander
Epithet : "Long Limbed"
Height : 10'
Weight : 115 kg
Species : Human (Long arm/Long Leg Hybrid)
Faction : Civillian
Devil Fruit : Hiso Hiso no Mi (Whisper Whisper Fruit)
Balance : [bel] 50,000
[[childofdestiny]]
[[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Episode] The Sun Will Always Rise Again! Empty [Episode] The Sun Will Always Rise Again!

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue May 21, 2024 7:56 pm
Quest Request:

___________________________________________________________________________________

Bliss. Pure bliss was what Lysander experienced as he stretched his unusually long limbs and strolled along the beach. He could feel the warmth of the sandy pebbles beneath his feet, a welcome change after the interminable hours, days even, spent in the cramped rowboat. Lysander was an extremely tall man, his limbs elongated, a feature that often drew curious stares but also served him well in his many travels. The sensation of space and freedom was intoxicating, as he circled around the shore, like a hamster set free from its cage.

For the first time in what felt like ages, he allowed himself to drop his usual cautious and calculating demeanor. Instead, he enjoyed every step, his eyes closing momentarily as he inhaled the fresh, salty air. The sunset painted the sky in hues of orange and pink, casting a warm glow over the tranquil scene. He walked along the shore, entranced, until he felt sufficiently refreshed.

As he turned his attention to the island itself, if its size even allowed it to qualify as such, he was struck by its quaint beauty. Before him stood a singular, cozy-looking wooden hut, nestled against a backdrop of a small forest. The trees were lush and green, their branches heavy with bright, blooming flowers. It was as if he had stumbled upon a little slice of paradise. It had a nostalgic feeling, reminding him of his home—the forest not the hut.

As Lysander turned his gaze towards the island itself, he was struck by its quaint beauty. Despite its diminutive size, it exuded a certain charm that captivated his senses. Before him stood a singular, cozy-looking wooden hut, nestled against the backdrop of a small forest. The trees, adorned with lush green leaves and vibrant flowers, swayed gently in the breeze, casting dappled shadows across the landscape. It was as if he had stumbled upon a hidden oasis, a sanctuary untouched by the chaos of the outside world.

The sight stirred a nostalgic longing within Lysander, reminding him of his own home—the dense forests of his childhood, where he had spent countless hours exploring and communing with nature. The forest beckoned to him now, its call echoing in the depths of his soul.

Driven by curiosity and a desire to reconnect with the natural world, Lysander took a few tentative steps towards the forest. But as he drew nearer, he couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss. The usual symphony of forest sounds—the melodic chirping of birds, the rumbling purr of felines, the lively chatter of woodland creatures—was conspicuously absent. In its place hung an eerie silence, thick and suffocating, like a heavy blanket draped over the land.

"[plyr=misc]Odd...[/plyr]" Lysander murmured to himself, his brows furrowing in concern. He had never known the forest to be so eerily quiet, devoid of its usual vitality and energy. It was as if the very heart of the forest had been silenced, leaving only an empty shell in its wake.

Suddenly, a sharp cry shattered the silence, jolting Lysander from his thoughts. "No! Do not say that, my beloved grandchild!"

Turning sharply towards the source of the sound, Lysander's gaze fell upon an elderly man with a weathered face and kind, yet sorrowful eyes. He watched as the man tended to a bedridden boy lying outside the hut, his frail form almost lost amidst the heavy blankets.

Despite his ailing condition, the boy wore a serene smile on his face as he gazed at the sunset, his voice barely above a whisper. "It's beauty is striking, Grandfather," he said, his words filled with warmth and gratitude. "I am grateful I have been blessed by the Lord with the opportunity to see it with you. If this is the last thing I see, in your beautiful company, then I can leave this world with no complaints."

The elderly man, namely Eldric Thorne, looked upon his grandson with a mixture of love and sadness, his hands trembling as he smoothed the boy's hair. "Stay strong, Milo," he whispered, his voice thick with emotion. "We will get through this together."

Moved by the poignant scene before him, Lysander felt a pang of empathy stir within his heart. He knew all too well the pain of watching a loved one suffer, the sense of helplessness that came with it. Despite his hesitation, he felt compelled to offer his assistance, driven by an innate need to help those in need.

“[plyr=misc]Excuse me,[/plyr]” Lysander said softly, his deep voice gentle. “[plyr=misc]I couldn’t help but overhear. Is there anything I can do to help?[/plyr]”

Eldric looked up, surprise flickering in his eyes at the sight of Lysander’s unusual height and elongated limbs. But his expression quickly softened. “You’re a kind soul, stranger. My grandson, Milo, is very ill. We have most of the ingredients for his remedy, but we are missing one crucial component—the Moonflower.

“[plyr=misc]The Moonflower?[/plyr]” Lysander asked, intrigued by the mention of such a rare and mystical plant.

Yes,” Eldric replied. “It’s a rare flower that blooms deep within the forest. But the forest has become dangerous. Strange occurrences—eerie screams and rumblings. I’m too old to venture there, and Milo is too weak.

Lysander’s resolve hardened. He had faced many dangers in his life, and a troubled forest did not deter him. “[plyr=misc]I will find this Moonflower and bring it back.[/plyr]”

Eldric’s eyes filled with gratitude. “Thank you. Be careful. The forest is not what it once was.

Lysander nodded, his mind already shifting to the task ahead. The forest, his old friend, was now a place of mystery and danger. He would need all his skills and instincts to navigate it.

"Wait! young man!" Eldric called out, his voice tinged with urgency. "Before you go, may I ask your name?"

Lysander paused, regarding the old man with a curious expression. "[plyr=misc]I am Lysander,[/plyr]" he replied, his voice steady and determined, with a hint of excitement for the adventure ahead.

"Lyasander... I will remember this kind act untill the day I die young man! I am Eldric Thorne," the old man said, his voice quivering with emotion. "Years ago, tragedy befell our family. Milo lost his parents in a heart-wrenching affair, and since then, life has never been the same. I had to abandon my livelihood, my dreams, everything I held dear, to care for him." He took a deep, measured breath. "Now, all I have left is Milo. Please, if you could undertake this quest for me, you cannot fathom what it would mean."

In that moment, Lysander knew that he could not turn away, could not ignore the call of compassion that tugged at his heartstrings like the siren's song. With a solemn nod, he clasped Eldric's trembling hand in his own, a silent vow passing between them—an oath forged in the crucible of shared sorrow and boundless love.

"[plyr=misc]I will do everything in my power to help,[/plyr]" he promised, his voice firm with determination. "[plyr=misc]For Milo's sake, and for yours.[/plyr]"

"Thank you, my friend," he said, his voice filled with gratitude. "May the spirits watch over you on your journey."

With a final nod of farewell, Lysander turned towards the forest, his heart heavy with the weight of the task ahead. But as he ventured into the darkness, he knew that he carried with him not only the hopes of Eldric and Milo but also the resilience of the human spirit in the face of adversity.

Word Count:

Last edited by Lysander on Fri May 24, 2024 4:20 pm; edited 6 times in total
Lysander
Lysander
[[childofdestiny]]

[Episode] The Sun Will Always Rise Again! Empty Re: [Episode] The Sun Will Always Rise Again!

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed May 22, 2024 7:12 am
As Lysander ventured deeper into the forest, he was immediately struck by the devastation around him. The once-thriving woods were now a graveyard of broken branches and fallen trees, their splintered trunks jutting out at odd angles like the limbs of forgotten giants. Leaves, drained of their vibrant hues, blanketed the ground in a brittle, colorless carpet that crunched beneath his feet, the sound resembling the snapping of bones.

The eerie silence was unsettling, a stark contrast to the usual symphony of forest life. There were no birds singing, no insects buzzing—only the hollow echo of his footsteps and the occasional rustle of dry foliage stirred by a ghostly breeze. The air was thick with the stench of decay, and Lysander's keen eyes caught sight of several dead animals, their lifeless forms a macabre testament to the forest's recent turmoil.

Everywhere he looked, he saw signs of a violent upheaval. Trees that had stood for centuries were now reduced to splinters, their branches scattered like kindling. The forest floor was a chaotic tangle of debris, making progress slow and arduous. Lysander's long arms pushed aside thick foliage, his steps careful and deliberate to avoid the treacherous roots that jutted out like skeletal fingers, eager to trip the unwary traveler.

As he moved deeper, the light grew dimmer, the dense canopy above blocking out the remaining daylight. Shadows stretched and mingled, giving the forest an almost otherworldly feel. Lysander couldn't shake the feeling of unease that gnawed at him, the unnatural quiet amplifying his sense of
isolation. The forest, once his ally, now felt like a haunted, hollow shell of its former self.

Hours passed with no sign of the Moonflower. Lysander's mind wandered to the old stories he had heard about such mystical plants. The Moonflower was said to bloom only under the light of the moon, its petals absorbing the lunar glow to create a remedy powerful enough to heal the gravest of illnesses. Its rarity made it a coveted treasure among healers and adventurers alike. Yet, amidst the death and decay, Lysander pressed on, his determination unyielding. Each step forward felt like a silent prayer, a plea to the forest to reveal its secrets and deliver him to his goal.

Lysander then heard a rustling and turned around cautiously, only to see an eagle perched on a low-hanging branch. This was no ordinary eagle; it was slightly larger than average, with feathers that shimmered a unique silver-gray under the dim light. A prominent scar ran across one of its sharp, golden eyes, giving it a fierce and noble appearance. Its beak, long and pointed, glinted menacingly, while its high-pitched voice broke the oppressive silence of the forest.

"Stranger," the eagle began, its voice a blend of curiosity and wariness. "What brings you to this forsaken place?"

Lysander, slightly surprised by the eagle’s appearance, replied, "[plyr=misc]I seek the Moonflower. Do you know where it might be found?[/plyr]"

The eagle scrutinized him for a moment before speaking again. "Normally, I would not trust an outsider intruding upon our forest. But desperate times call for desperate measures. If you help us solve the problems plaguing our land, I will guide you to the Moonflower."

Lysander nodded thoughtfully. "[plyr=misc]That sounds about fair. What must I do?[/plyr]"

The eagle's keen gaze softened slightly. "Follow me, but we must move quickly and quietly. This forest is no longer safe."

As they began their journey, the eagle introduced itself. "I am Aeron, one of the leaders among the forest's animals. This place was once a sanctuary, but it is now engulfed in turmoil."

Lysander followed Aeron through a maze of bushes and trees, the path narrow and winding. The trees lining the trail were void of leaves, their gnarled branches sharp and unwelcoming, almost as if warning intruders to stay away. The ground was strewn with brittle twigs and dry leaves that crunched underfoot, filling the air with a persistent, unsettling crackle.

They traversed the forest as silently as they could. Aeron occasionally glanced back to ensure Lysander was following closely, their path weaving through the skeletal remains of what was once a thriving forest. The deeper they went, the more the forest seemed to close in around them, the oppressive atmosphere growing ever more suffocating.

Suddenly, they reached a trail that stood in stark contrast to the desolation around them. This path was bathed in a soft, ethereal glow, the foliage here still lush and vibrant as if untouched by the surrounding decay. Flowers bloomed in radiant colors, and the air was filled with a sweet, calming fragrance. Lysander's heart quickened at the sight of such beauty amidst the ruin.

As they moved further along this enchanted trail, Lysander's eyes were drawn to a luminescent bloom in the distance. The Moonflower. It stood alone in the middle of a small, serene pond, its petals shimmering with a silvery glow that seemed to pulse gently in the dim light. Lysander was entranced, his breath catching in his throat at the sight. The flower's delicate petals unfurled gracefully, absorbing the moonlight and casting an ethereal glow that illuminated the still water around it.

A gentle rain began to fall, each drop sending ripples across the pond's surface, adding to the otherworldly ambiance. Lysander's gaze remained fixed on the Moonflower, the rain dampening his hair and clothes, but he hardly noticed. The flower's beauty held him captive, its light a beacon of hope in the midst of the surrounding darkness.

"Hurry," Aeron urged, breaking the spell. "We must move—"  

Before he could finish, a loud, aggressive noise echoed through the forest: a guttural, resonant bellow, like the violent tearing of fabric—"WRRRROOOOAAAHHH!"

The gentle rain transformed into a vicious downpour, the sudden intensity of the storm adding to the sense of impending danger.

Word Count:

Last edited by Lysander on Thu May 23, 2024 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lysander
Lysander
[[childofdestiny]]

[Episode] The Sun Will Always Rise Again! Empty Re: [Episode] The Sun Will Always Rise Again!

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu May 23, 2024 7:02 pm
Before Lysander could fully process the sound, a massive boar charged into the clearing. Reacting on instinct, he dodged to the right, barely escaping the creature's lethal tusks. His heart pounded as adrenaline surged through his veins, every muscle in his body tensed for action. Aeron soared to the
left, letting out a cry of shock.

The boar, undeterred, let out a grunt and wheeled around for another attack. It charged again, its tusks slashing through the air with deadly intent. Lysander managed to evade the first swipe, and then the second, but the third tusk caught him across the arm, leaving a painful gash. He staggered back, clutching his wound, as the boar prepared for yet another assault.

The boar charged again, its beady eyes fixed on Lysander with murderous intent. Lysander barely managed to dodge, each near miss sending jolts of adrenaline through his body. He was heavily on the defensive, every move dictated by the need to stay alive.

Seeing the dire situation, Aeron swooped overhead, his keen eyes searching for something to aid in the fight. Spotting a large rock, he grasped it in his talons and flew back towards the boar. With a mighty effort, Aeron released the rock, and it fell with precision onto the boar’s head.

Stunned, the boar looked up, momentarily distracted. Seizing the opportunity, Lysander pulled out his staff. He whirled it around, gathering momentum, and brought it down hard on the boar's skull. The boar staggered, clearly affected by the blow. It shook its head vigorously, trying to clear the dizziness.

Regaining its focus, the boar redirected its rage towards Lysander, who had dealt the most damage. With a renewed sense of ferocity, the boar faced Lysander again, its eyes blazing with anger. The beast seemed to realize that Aeron, now soaring high above, was out of reach, leaving Lysander as its primary target.

Lysander tried to communicate with the boar, his voice steady but urgent. "[plyr=misc]Stop! I don't want to hurt you! We can find another way—[/plyr]"

The boar, however, saw only red, its rage consuming all reason. It charged at him once more, tusks gleaming in the dim light. Lysander dodged to the side, his movements swift and precise. As he moved, he landed a grazing hit on the boar's side with his staff, dealing minor damage.

The boar let out an angry snort, its irritation palpable. It saw that Lysander had been cornered against a cluster of trees. Advancing on him, the boar began stomping with its massive hooves, each impact shaking the ground. Lysander felt the sweat streaming down his face, mixing with the heavy rain as the boar approached, its eyes filled with fury.

Lysander narrowly dodged the first stomp, jumping back just in time. He performed a cartwheel to evade the second attack, but as he was rolling, the boar's third hoof came down beside him, causing the ground to tremble violently. The shockwave threw Lysander off balance, sending him flying into a nearby tree. He slammed into it hard, the impact dazing him. His vision blurred, the wind knocked out of him, and he slumped against the tree, unable to move. The rain pounded against his ears, its relentless thudding adding to his disorientation. His staff lay far from him on the forest floor, leaving him vulnerable and unprotected.

The boar let out a mighty roar, the sound reverberating through the forest as it began its approach towards Lysander. Pinned against the tree, Lysander’s mind was suddenly flooded with flashbacks—moments of agony from his past. He remembered being prone, feeling intense pain, helpless and vulnerable. The memories were fragmented, but the sensation of suffering was all too vivid, a haunting echo from a time he tried desperately to forget.

Word Count:
Lysander
Lysander
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu May 23, 2024 7:34 pm
As Lysander lay exposed against the tree, The boar's massive form loomed closer, its eyes filled with bloodlust, preparing to land a fatal blow. Lysander, lost in his trance, was unaware of the impending danger.

Just then, a piercing screech cut through the air. "Lysander, move!" Aeron’s voice rang out, sharp and urgent. The eagle came diving at top speed, its wings a blur against the rain-soaked sky. With a fierce cry, Aeron plunged its beak into the boar's eye.

The boar screeched in pain, blood squirting from the wound. It swung wildly in its rage, catching Aeron with a powerful swipe and slamming the eagle into a nearby tree. Aeron fell to the ground, dazed and vulnerable. The boar, now half-blinded and furious, turned its attention back to Lysander, who had just begun to shake off the haze of his memories, his senses snapping back to the present danger.

Aeron's brave attack bought just enough time for Lysander to get up and steady himself. He ripped the sleeves of his tunic off, feeling the fabric tear away, and took off his hair band, letting his soaked hair fall over his face, obscuring his eyes. A menacing energy radiated from him as he stood there, his chest heaving with raw intensity. With a deliberate motion, Lysander swiped part of his blood onto the back of his hand, bloodying his fists as his primal instincts took over.

His rage from the past surged through him, merging with the present moment. The pain and helplessness he had once felt were now fueling a fierce determination. The energy of his rage seemed to match the boar's own ferocity. The boar, unsteady from the loss of one of its eyes, turned back to face Lysander, its advance slower but no less menacing.

Lysander and the boar locked eyes—one set filled with primal fury, the other with bloodied, vengeful resolve. The air between them crackled with tension, each recognizing the other as a formidable opponent. The boar began to advance again, and Lysander, driven by the haunting echoes of his past and the desperate need to survive, prepared to meet it head-on.

Lysander then threw a small pouch from his belt, and as it hit the ground, it exploded, sending a strange plant dust mist everywhere. His dark silhouette, with his green eyes glowing through the mist, disappeared into the swirling cloud.

Blinded and enraged, the boar charged headlong into the mist, its massive form slicing through the thick haze. With a thunderous crash, it slammed into a massive tree, its tusks becoming wedged in the sturdy trunk. The force of the impact cut a clear gap in the mist.

Lysander emerged from the fog behind the boar, a low, chilling laugh escaping his lips, "[plyr=misc]Ke-ke-ke.[/plyr]" He spoke, his voice cold and measured, "[plyr=misc]Isn't it ironic? The Lunar Tree, source of Moonflower seeds—a symbol of hope in darkness. Now, it's the instrument of your downfall when all hope seemed lost.[/plyr]"  

With a swift motion, Lysander leaped into the air, his long legs propelling him high. For a moment, he seemed to float, his body illuminated by the moonlight as if a spotlight was on him. He began his descent straight at the boar, which was still stuck against the tree.

"[plyr=misc]Let's see how you handle this,[/plyr] " Lysander muttered, his eyes glowing with determination.

He stretched out his arms and started spinning rapidly, calling out, "[plyr=misc]Limb Tornado![/plyr]" He spun so fast, his body became a blur, and as he landed, his fists pummeled the back of the boar's head with incredible speed and force. Each punch landed with a resounding thud, like a series of gunshots, causing the boar to grunt in pain.

Then, in the same motion, Lysander used the boar's head as a springboard, bouncing onto the tree in front of the boar. With a powerful kick off the tree, he launched himself back towards the boar, delivering a devastating knee strike to its face. The impact was so forceful that it dislodged the boar from the tree, breaking off a piece of the trunk and snapping part of the boar's tusk.

The boar, now even more enraged, opened its mouth to reveal massive sharp teeth, its tongue lolling out as saliva poured from its jaws. It looked as if it wanted nothing more than to bite Lysander's head off.

"[plyr=misc]Now, are you hungry? Too bad,[/plyr]" Lysander taunted.

Just as the boar lunged, Lysander slid under it, avoiding the snapping jaws. He delivered a powerful kick upward, closing the boar's mouth with a snap and causing it to bite its own tongue. The boar writhed in pain, letting out a guttural cry.

Lysander rolled backward and landed smoothly on his feet. He quickly pulled a plant shaped like a stick from his pouch and placed it in his mouth. "[plyr=misc]Nothing like a herbal resurgence to finish off a tough battle,[/plyr]" he said, chewing it lightly. As he chewed, he felt a warm, invigorating sensation spread through his body, his wounds beginning to heal and his energy returning. His posture straightened, and his eyes regained their sharp focus. Once he felt sufficiently refreshed, he snapped the stick in half with his teeth. Half of it flew to the ground, while the other remained clenched between his teeth.

Cracking his arms, Lysander fixed his gaze on the boar. "[plyr=misc]It's time to put this beast out of commission[/plyr]," he declared, his voice filled with unwavering resolve.

The boar fixed its one remaining eye on Lysander and, for the first time, spoke a single word that encapsulated all its rage and fury: "Die!"

Taking a few steps back, the boar gathered itself, its gaze never wavering from Lysander. With a sudden burst of speed, faster than it had moved at any point in their battle, it charged. This time, Lysander did not dodge. Instead, he stood his ground, his hands poised and ready.

As the boar hurtled toward him, Lysander’s right hand reached for the left side of its head, and his left hand gripped the right side, forming a powerful, vertically stretched X with his long arms. The impact was immense. Lysander’s feet dug into the ground, trying to halt the boar’s momentum, but the force was like a ship descending Reverse Mountain, unstoppable and overwhelming.

He skidded backward rapidly, the ground beneath him tearing up in clumps of grass and dirt. The boar’s relentless charge pushed him back until he collided with a tree. The impact was so forceful that a large chunk of the tree splintered away, forming an outline of Lysander's body. The herbal resurgence he had been holding flew from his mouth, lost in the chaos.

Pain exploded through Lysander's body as he felt the raw power of the boar’s attack. Despite the agony, he held on, every muscle straining as he tried to push back against the beast's relentless force. The boar snarled, its tusk still buried in the tree, inches from Lysander’s face, its hot breath washing over him.

Despite the tremendous impact, Lysander did not let go of his grip on the boar's head.
“[plyr=misc]I-I-I’m not d-done…[/plyr]” he spluttered, then spat out a mouthful of blood. He closed his eyes, breathing deeply, trying to stay focused.

The boar, seeing him in this weakened state, struggled desperately to break free from Lysander's grasp. However, Lysander's grip only tightened. The boar felt trapped, as if ensnared by seastone chains.
Lysander opened one bloodied and bruised eye, giving the boar a triumphant look and a sly smile. “[plyr=misc]I got you,[/plyr]” he said, weakly but with unwavering determination.

His grip tightened further, veins bulging like the intricate branches of a gnarled tree. He whispered quietly and slowly, “[plyr=misc]Crossroads Crush.[/plyr]” With a final burst of strength, Lysander's hands flew in opposite directions, each returning to its original side, twisting the boar's neck with a loud, sickening snap.

The boar collapsed to the ground, crushing the twigs and leaves beneath its massive weight. It lay there motionless. Lysander stood over the fallen beast, panting heavily, the reality of his victory slowly sinking in. He watched quietly, unsure if he was at a loss for words due to the enormity of his triumph or simply too exhausted to speak.  

Word Count:
Lysander
Lysander
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu May 23, 2024 7:40 pm
As the rain continued to pour down, Lysander remained standing, the storm washing away the blood and grime, the forest around him eerily silent in the aftermath of the brutal battle.

Suddenly, Aeron flew beside Lysander, surveying the lifeless body of the boar. The eagle let out a triumphant cry, its piercing call resonating through the forest. The sound echoed like a victory fanfare, reverberating through the trees and stirring the silent woods to life.

Within moments, the forest began to stir. Tigers and other large felines emerged from the shadows, followed by packs of wolves and solitary foxes. Monkeys swung down from the treetops, while gorillas beat their chests in solidarity. Rabbits hopped out of their burrows, rats scurried from their hiding places, and insects buzzed excitedly. Even a giraffe and an elephant appeared, their giant forms adding to the surreal scene. The forest floor came alive with the movement of countless creatures, all converging towards Lysander and the fallen boar.

The animals gathered around, first looking at Lysander, then at the boar, and finally at Aeron. A sense of recognition and gratitude seemed to pass through the assembly. One by one, they began to pick up Lysander, lifting him gently yet firmly, supporting his battered body.

As the forest erupted into a cacophony of animal noises, the once silent woods were now alive with a symphony of calls, growls, and chirps. The vibrant chorus celebrated the defeat of the boar and the return of peace.

Lysander, cradled by the creatures of the forest, didn’t resist. Instead, he closed his eyes for a moment, absorbing the sounds and sensations around him. He felt a deep sense of fulfillment and whispered to himself, “[plyr=misc]Now this is the forest as I remember it.[/plyr]”

The rain continued to fall, but now it seemed to cleanse rather than burden, washing away the remnants of the battle and heralding a new beginning. The forest, once shrouded in fear and silence, was alive again, vibrant and full of hope.

Word Count:
Lysander
Lysander
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu May 23, 2024 7:46 pm
Eldric stood by the edge of the campfire, his eyes darting nervously toward the direction of the forest. The cacophony of animal noises echoed through the trees, a stark contrast to the oppressive silence that had previously enveloped the woods. He strained to make sense of the sounds, his heart pounding with anxiety. Were they cries of victory or of defeat?

He glanced down at Milo, who lay on a makeshift bed of blankets. Milo’s face was alarmingly pale, a sickly sheen of sweat covering his brow. His breaths were shallow and erratic, and dark circles framed his closed eyes. Eldric crouched beside him, pressing a hand to the boy’s forehead. The fever had worsened. Lysander had to return soon, or else...

Eldric spoke aloud, more to himself than to the unconscious Milo. “Come on, Lysander, where are you? We don’t have much time left.” His voice trembled with a mix of worry and frustration. The forest noises continued, a relentless reminder of the unknown fate that hung over them.

He glanced around the small clearing where they had set up camp. The surrounding trees seemed to loom closer, their branches swaying gently in the rain that still fell in a steady, persistent drizzle. The fire crackled weakly, struggling against the dampness. Eldric added another log, hoping to keep the fire burning brightly. It was their only source of warmth and comfort in this forsaken place.

The sounds of the forest were growing louder, more intense. Eldric felt a chill run down his spine. He stood up, pacing around the campsite, unable to sit still. His thoughts were a whirlwind of worry. “What if something happened to Lysander? What if he couldn’t find the Moonflower?” He shook his head, trying to banish the negative thoughts. “No, he’ll make it. He has to.

Eldric’s gaze returned to Milo, who looked even worse than before. The boy’s lips had taken on a bluish tint, and his hands twitched occasionally as if in pain. Eldric knelt beside him again, taking one of Milo’s cold hands in his own. “Stay with us, Milo. Just hang in there a little longer. Lysander will be back soon.

A particularly loud roar echoed through the forest, causing Eldric to jump. His heart raced, and he clenched his fists in an attempt to steady himself. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. “Come on, Eldric. Keep it together. Panicking won’t help anyone.

He thought back to their journey, the countless challenges they had faced together. Each step had brought them closer to their goal, but now everything hinged on Lysander’s success. Eldric couldn’t shake the feeling of helplessness that gnawed at him. All he could do was wait, and hope.
As the minutes dragged on, the rain began to let up, but the sounds of the forest persisted. Eldric felt a glimmer of hope. Maybe the noises were a good sign, an indication that the battle had ended and Lysander had triumphed. He tried to hold onto that thought, drawing strength from it.

Eldric spoke softly to Milo, his voice filled with determination. “You’re going to be okay, Milo. Lysander will be back any minute now, and he’ll have the Moonflower. We’ll get you better, I promise.” He squeezed Milo’s hand gently, willing the boy to hang on just a little longer.

The forest around them seemed to hold its breath, the air thick with anticipation. Eldric stood vigil by the fire, his eyes scanning the darkness for any sign of Lysander’s return. The night was far from over, but Eldric refused to give in to despair. He would keep watch, keep hoping, until Lysander emerged from the shadows with the cure they so desperately needed.

Word Count:
[/color]

Last edited by Lysander on Sat May 25, 2024 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lysander
Lysander
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu May 23, 2024 7:57 pm
Lysander, now accompanied by the animals, made his way back up the trail. The eagle led the procession, soaring gracefully above, while Lysander followed closely behind. The path was illuminated by the soft glow of the moon, casting a magical light on the surroundings. The forest, once silent, was now alive with the sounds of footsteps and rustling leaves.

As they walked, the badger, the leader of the animals that lived in the caves and burrows underground, began to speak. "I saw the boar's children get trapped," the badger said. "The cave they are in is filled with ancient traps and runes. We tried to help, but our efforts were in vain. The boar's rage came from his desperation."

Lysander nodded, understanding the situation better now. "[plyr=misc]Why didn't more of you help[/plyr]?" he asked, his voice a mix of curiosity and concern.

A lion, walking nearby, spoke up. "We regret not assisting. We feared for our own safety, but seeing the boar's plight, we should have done more."

The path they were walking on was narrow and winding, surrounded by towering trees whose branches formed a natural canopy overhead. The moonlight filtered through the leaves, casting intricate patterns on the forest floor. Fireflies danced in the air, adding to the enchanting atmosphere.

A bear added, "I always avoided hibernating in that cave. Something about it always seemed off. Now I know why."

Lysander kept his eyes on the path ahead, listening to the animals' stories. He felt a sense of responsibility growing within him. These creatures had suffered, and he was in a position to help.
The badger continued, "Many of us neglected helping the boar, thinking it wasn't our problem. Those who did try were too weak. That's what led to the boar's rage."

As they navigated through the maze of trees and undergrowth, Lysander caught sight of a familiar, ethereal light. The soft glow of the moonflower beckoned him forward. The group followed the light, their steps quickening in anticipation.

Finally, they arrived at a small clearing where the moonflower bloomed in all its glory. Its petals were a radiant white, glowing softly in the moonlight. The ethereal pond nearby shimmered like liquid silver, its surface reflecting the flower's light in a dazzling display. Lysander stepped forward, captivated by the beauty of the scene. He gently plucked the moonflower, feeling a wave of energy and refreshment surge through him as he held it. He immediately felt revitalized.

The badger, sensing the urgency of their mission, asked, "Lysander, will you help free the boar's children? They are almost extinct, and saving their offspring is of utmost importance to us."

Lysander looked at the badger and the other animals, with a condemning gaze. "[plyr=misc]Or maybe avoiding their rage is,[/plyr]" he replied. "[plyr=misc]You should've done something from the start.[/plyr]"

The animals showed visible signs of regret and sadness. The lion bowed its head, and the bear let out a sorrowful sigh. Even the eagle, perched on a nearby branch, seemed to lower its gaze.

Lysander then addressed them with a resolute tone. "[plyr=misc]Promise me that after this, you will all work together and always be there for each other. This forest must never fall into such despair again.[/plyr]"

The animals, moved by Lysander's words, promised solemnly. A newfound sense of unity and resolve filled the group as they prepared for the task ahead.

Lysander, feeling refreshed and determined, looked at the badger and the other animals. "[plyr=misc]Let's go save the boars,[/plyr]" he said, a renewed sense of purpose in his voice.

With this sense of newfound camaraderie, they began their journey towards the cave, determined to save the boar's children and restore harmony to the forest.  

Word Count:
Lysander
Lysander
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu May 23, 2024 8:11 pm
Lysander and the animals arrived at the entrance of the cave. The looming darkness inside made everyone feel a bit nervous. Lysander took a deep breath and addressed the group. "[plyr=misc]Alright, everyone with dark vision, pair up with two other animals. Stay organized and keep an eye out for traps.[/plyr]"

The eagle perched on his shoulder, and a small red fox took the lead in their group. They ventured into the cave, the darkness swallowing them.

As they moved forward, the fox suddenly stepped on something that felt out of place and immediately realized his mistake. "Wait! Tripwire!" he yelled. Lysander reacted instantly, grabbing the fox and pulling him back just as spikes shot out from the walls. The eagle, trying to dodge, got grazed on the wing by one of the spikes. Although the injury looked concerning, the eagle insisted, "I'm fine. Just a scratch." It continued to fly despite Lysander’s offer to carry it.

They continued deeper into the cave and soon encountered a room filled with pressure plates. The fox carefully navigated around them, but they weren't entirely successful. A misstep triggered a pair of swinging blades that came rushing from the walls. Lysander, with lightning reflexes, straightened his body between the blades, avoiding injury.

Moments later, another pressure plate gave way beneath the fox, causing it to fall into a small body of water below. The eagle, with its powerful wings, swooped down and rescued the fox, who commented dryly, "What a useless trap."

"[plyr=misc]I don’t think so[/plyr]" Lysander muttered under his breath, looking at the body of water with the slightest sign of fear in his eyes. He knew exactly what the person who set these traps intended that one for. The eagle and the fox didn't seem to notice, too focused on navigating the treacherous cave.

Eventually, they reached a collapsed passage, hearing faint sounds from the other side. "[plyr=misc]That must be the boar's children,[/plyr]" Lysander said, formulating a plan. He called the animals together and explained the strategy.

"[plyr=misc]The biggest animals will move the large boulders first. Then the medium-sized animals will handle the smaller rocks, and finally, the smallest animals will clear the remaining debris. We must do this quickly and in succession to avoid another collapse.[/plyr]"

The animals nodded, determined. They executed the plan swiftly, but the sheer quantity of rocks made it difficult. As the last rocks were being cleared, a mini avalanche began. Lysander, seeing the imminent danger, dove through the opening, pushing the boar's children to safety. The fox, anticipating the danger, also leapt in to help.

Inside, the young boars cried, scared by the noise and commotion. Lysander comforted them, whispering soothing words. Suddenly, he heard a click and saw the fox slipping through a hidden door. Handing the boars to some of the other animals, Lysander followed.

They entered a room filled with ancient chests. The room was dusty, with cobwebs hanging from the ceiling. As Lysander and the fox checked through the chests, they found most of them empty or containing useless items. One chest even held a skeleton, causing the fox to bellow out. Lysander, thinking it was something important, rushed over only to start laughing heartily when he saw it was just bones. "[plyr=misc]Ha-Haa![/plyr]" he laughed, the sound echoing in the cave.  

Just as Lysander was about to give up, the fox sniffed the air and motioned him towards a dusty chest hidden in the corner. Lysander opened it, revealing a tattered map inside. As he carefully unfolded the fragile parchment, he turned it over and spotted a symbol etched into the back. His eyes widened in recognition—it was the same symbol he had seen in a cave on his home island. Though he did not reveal its significance, he knew this was no ordinary map. He tucked it carefully into his pouch, his mind racing with possibilities.

The fox, curious, asked about the find. Lysander waved it off, "[plyr=misc]Just another useless item,[/plyr]" he said, tucking it into his pouch.

They returned to the main group to find the animals entertaining the young boars. An elephant juggled rocks with its trunk, a monkey performed acrobatics, and birds sang melodious tunes.
With the boar's children safe, they headed back to the spot where Lysander had defeated the giant boar. Upon seeing Lysander and what appeared to be an army of animals, the boar, still too weak to stand, let out a weak growl. But when it saw its children with Lysander and the other animals, it managed a tearful smile. "Thank you," it whispered, before fainting again.

Lysander gently placed the young boars beside their father. Turning to the eagle, the fox, and the rest of the animals, he thanked them for their help. "[plyr=misc]Remember the promise we made,[/plyr]" he reminded them. Pulling out the moonflower from his pouch, he looked at it for a moment. "[plyr=misc]I have something to take care of,[/plyr]" he said, then sprinted out of the forest. The animals watched him go, their eyes filled with admiration and reverence.  

Word Count:
Lysander
Lysander
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu May 23, 2024 8:16 pm
Eldric sat, nervous and twitchy, his eyes constantly scanning the forest's edge. Suddenly, he spotted Lysander walking towards him, the moonflower held triumphantly in his hand.

Without hesitation, Eldric leaped up, snatched the moonflower, and quickly began a ritual. He placed three candles around Milo, forming a triangle, and dipped the moonflower into each flame. At first, it seemed to catch fire, but after the final dip, the flame transformed into a small, glowing sphere of blue light at the tip of the stem.

With great care, Eldric opened Milo's mouth and placed the flower inside. Blue light erupted from Milo's mouth and eyes, blinding them momentarily. When their vision cleared, Milo appeared unchanged. A heavy feeling of despair settled over them as they waited in silence. Eldric fell to his knees, tears streaming down his face.

Lysander, awkward and unsure, placed a hand on Eldric's shoulder. He had seen death before, many times, but comforting someone was a skill he had never mastered. When he lost people he loved, there had been no one to comfort him. He felt the weight of blame pressing down on him. "[plyr=misc]I'm so sorry...[/plyr]" he whispered. "[plyr=misc]If only I wasn't so slow.[/plyr]"

Eldric seemed lost in his grief, too defeated to register Lysander's words or presence. Lysander stood there, feeling helpless and overwhelmed by the weight of the situation. The silence stretched, heavy and suffocating. Just when Lysander thought the despair would consume them both, they heard a faint cough. At first, it seemed like a cruel trick of the wind, but then it came again, more pronounced.
Milo's chest rose and fell with increasing vigor as he suddenly burst into a fit of coughs. Eldric, jolted from his despair, hugged Milo tightly, tears of relief streaming down his face. " Don't ever scare me like that again, boy!" he cried, holding him as if he would never let go.

Milo, still very weak, tried to speak, but no words came out. Instead, a small, warm smile appeared on his lips as he closed his eyes, comforted and relieved from both the pain and the fear of leaving his grandfather alone.

Watching this scene, for the first time in what felt like an eternity, Lysander felt a warm tear trickle down his cheek. He had done it. He had saved Milo. He began to recount all the things he had experienced that day: the fierce battle with the boar, saving the baby boars, and most importantly, saving Milo's life.  

Word Count:
Lysander
Lysander
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu May 23, 2024 8:30 pm
A month had passed since Milo had been given the moonflower. He had not only returned to full health but was in even better condition than before. The forest had flourished in the time since Lysander's arrival, and the bond he had formed with its inhabitants was stronger than ever.

As the sun began to peek over the horizon, Lysander stood on the deck of his new ship, clutching the torn map in one hand, his friend the eagle perched on his shoulder. The eagle let out a high screech, its call echoing through the forest as a final farewell. The ship itself was a masterpiece, crafted with Eldric's skill and Milo's assistance. Eldric, a skilled shipwright in his past, had trained Lysander in basic navigation, ship repair, and helmsman skills during their time together.

The ship was stocked with a generous supply of food, money, and various tools and supplies. Eldric and Milo had insisted on this, despite Lysander's protests. "You've saved Milo's life and brought peace to our forest," Eldric had said firmly. "You deserve this and more."

Now, Eldric, his face illuminated by the soft morning glow, stepped forward to bid Lysander farewell. "My dear friend," he began, his voice carrying the weight of their shared experiences. "You arrived on this island when the sun was setting, much like our hopes were fading into the dusk of despair. But you, Lysander, you emerged like a ray of hope, like the moon casting its gentle light upon us in the darkest of nights."

With a solemn nod, Lysander listened intently, absorbing Eldric's words with gratitude. Eldric's initial speech was heartfelt, a reflection of the bond they had formed during Lysander's time on the island. Afterward, Eldric presented Lysander with a small bundle of moonflowers, a symbol of the hope and renewal that he had brought to their lives.

Milo, his eyes shining with admiration, stepped forward to embrace Lysander. "Thank you for everything," he whispered, his voice tinged with emotion. "I'll never forget what you've done for us. When I saw the sun set that day, I thought I'd never see the sun rise again "

Lysander returned the embrace, feeling a pang of sadness at the thought of leaving his newfound friends behind. "[plyr=misc]The sun will always rise again!,[/plyr]" Lysander told him. "[plyr=misc]And you've been like family to me,[/plyr]" he replied, his voice soft with emotion. "[plyr=misc]I'll never forget the time we've spent together.[/plyr]"

As they bid their farewells, Lysander noticed the animals of the forest lined up along the shore, their eyes filled with gratitude and admiration. The boar, now standing tall and proud, let out a triumphant roar, promising to protect the island and its inhabitants with all his might. The fox, with a mischievous twinkle in his eye, urged Lysander to be safe and watch out for traps on his journey.

Amidst the chorus of farewells, Milo stepped forward, his gaze earnest and determined. "Lysander," he said, his voice steady with conviction, "One day, when I'm ready to set out on my own journey, to find my parents, I'll come find you. And when that day comes, I hope you'll be there to accompany me once again."

Lysander's heart swelled with pride at Milo's words. "[plyr=misc]I'll be waiting,[/plyr]" he promised, his voice filled with warmth and encouragement. "[plyr=misc]And until then, take care of yourself, Milo. You have a bright future ahead of you.[/plyr]"

With one final wave to his friends and the island that had become his home, Lysander boarded The Rising Moon, his heart filled with hope and determination. As the ship set sail, leaving the island behind in the glow of the rising sun, Lysander looked forward to the adventures that awaited him on the horizon, knowing that wherever his journey took him, he would always carry the memories of his time on the island and the bonds he had formed with its inhabitants.

Word Count:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord