Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[World Event] A Fool's ErrandThu Jul 25, 2024 8:35 pmVolo Rosso[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:57 amMaxwell[Episode] Corruption of BloodSun Jul 14, 2024 3:51 amYumiko[Episode] Mink-staken IdentityThu Jul 04, 2024 6:28 amYumiko[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSat Jun 29, 2024 9:00 pmGray[Episode] Now, where am I?Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:56 pmGray[Episode] Waking MonstersSat Jun 29, 2024 12:00 pmGray[Abandoned] [Arc] [Tequila Wolf Conquest] The Rotten Lie of Tequila WolfTue Jun 25, 2024 3:23 pmGray[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsSun Jun 23, 2024 5:11 pmGray
Go down
Anonymous

[Episode] Fools Call It Magic Not Science - Page 2 Empty Re: [Episode] Fools Call It Magic Not Science

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:49 am
The storm starting to rage up above fit the mood perfectly, as things were going from bad to worse for poor Richie. His idol, the man who he desired to take after, was now trying to murder him, going full feral on him. His punches didn't seem to be doing much in this case, forcing the homeless kidnapper to get desperate. He scrambled back onto his cart, trying to reach for another barrel to heft at the mad doctor.

And it was at that point that the doctor pulled out another vial, and popped the cork. Suddenly, dark vapors began to fill the air, surrounding both the doctor and Richie. His eyes widened as he felt the vapors going down his throat, starting to choke him, starting to burn him. He could barely breath. In desperation, he grabbed the nearest barrel and launched it at where the doctor had once been. Unfortunately for him, the clawing smog made it difficult to see, and he could only hear the barrel hitting the ground harmlessly. (Toxic Vapors - AoE - hit) (Richie's LT - miss)

Through the toxic mist, seemingly unharmed by the poison, Victor strode towards the cart where Richie was clawing for breath. A low growl of anger emerged from him as he closed in, all this chemically induced anger focused on the poor scapegoat. The man had the audacity to imitate him, and to make things even worse, imitate him BADLY. His toxic fumes were already a death sentence for the poor man, but now, Victor wanted to make him suffer.

Through teary eyes, Richie spotted the form of the doctor approaching him. He quickly grasped another barrel, and with all his might hefted it at the doctor. This time, Victor couldn't react fast enough, the barrel crashing into him. There was a cry of shock as the body within, still alive, spilled out. The unfortunate man would then start coughing and choking on the poisonous smog. Victor was knocked onto his back, and before he could get back up, Richie had pounced at him, desperately trying to beat the doctor down and escape. (Richie's LT - hit) (Richie's UT - hit).

Victor grunted from the pain, but right now his anger was overriding it. As Richie tried to scramble out of the toxic cloud, Victor's arm shot out, grabbing hold of his ankle and ranking him to the ground. Richie fell face first with a thud, his head connecting with the stone floor knocking some teeth loose. (Victor's UT - hit)

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
[Episode] Fools Call It Magic Not Science - Page 2 G7UGK6I
[tracker=/t980-castor-o-nox#4771]
Name : Castor O. Nox
Epithet : Sanpaku | The Azure Pheasant | Duke Of Lvneel | Saint Nox
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 175lbs
Species : Three-Eye Tribesman
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Blockbuster
Alliance : -
Crew : Nox Pirates
Ship : The Wailing Calamity
Crew Role : Captain | Navigator | Book Collector | Pride Sin
Devil Fruit : Goro Goro no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 620,000,000
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (To all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf); +0.10 (Blockbuster); +0.20 (To all allies)
Shop Discount : -20%
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 96,000,000
Balance : [bel] 2,470,815,020
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[dreamsneverdie]]
[[bookworm]][[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

[Episode] Fools Call It Magic Not Science - Page 2 Empty Re: [Episode] Fools Call It Magic Not Science

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:27 am
Castor O. Nox uses HT(Indra's Rage) on Blitz
Castor O. Nox uses LT(Volt) on Blitz
Castor O. Nox uses UT on Blitz

Blitz uses HT(Crimson Rose) on Castor O. Nox
Blitz uses UT on Castor O. Nox

Tracker

Name : Variable
Epithet : Variable
Height : Variable
Weight : Variable
Species : Variable
Faction : Variable
Crew : Variable
Ship : Variable
Crew Role : Variable
Devil Fruit : Variable
Bounty : Variable
Balance : Variable

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:27 am
The member 'Castor O. Nox' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 16, 8, 10

--------------------------------

#2 'Reflex Check' : 17, 3
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:52 pm

blur_on

The Scarlet Rose

Like a comet shooting from the sky, the loud thump of Blitz's body falling one story onto the floor was gut wrenching. Shattering several vertebrae in the man's spine, it was a sickening sound. Following was a stream of profanity; the man cursed the Three Eye's very existence with every foul racist slur he could muster. Through pure willpower alone, Austin screamed at the top of his lungs, increasing the size of the white aura that enshrouded him, returning to his feet. His body barren of its former glory, armorless, Blitz's desire to crush Castor multiplied. Descending towards Blitz, Castor used his abilities to create an electrical field around himself that hoisted him from walking, drifting leisurely to the Knight's position.

"When I was younger, I read tons of books about men like you. Heroes who wear big shiny armour and swing massive swords... Vanquishing beasts and tyrants alike. Until one day, I realised. To humans, I'm the beast. I'll never get to be the hero. Neither my circumstances nor personality permitted it. Then it dawned on me... Like a vision as clear as a prophets own. I want to be the monster. I want to hunt people like you. Humans... No... Any race from which a hero is born... I want to rewrite the fables to read - 'The monster slayed the hero'" Castor declared, concluding his long soliloquy.

Chuckling to himself at the pirates words, "I guess we're more alike than you think. I used to read those very stories... Except, I always visualized myself as the hero. Common born scum such as yourself aren't allowed dreams. Especially an extra eyed freak like you." Blitz retorted.

Changing the pace of his breathing, Blitz focused solely on regaining his composure.His body would randomly convulse, vision becoming blurry and aside from his spine, he'd managed to avoid sustaining any damage that would prohibit him from fighting. In his mental image, there was only one end to this conflict, and that was him coming out victorious. Once Castor was within in jumping distance, the man leaped a remaining forty meters to intercept Nox's descent, viciously cutting open Castor's abdomen. Pushing the force inward, Blitz would slam Castor's body into the floor, pinning him down. (HT)[Black Rose]

The man's jet black longsword caused Castor's blood to pour ounces upon ounces onto the surface, wedging his blade deeper as Castor attempted to reject the alien object with his own Busoshoku. Hand firmly clutching onto his spear, Castor managed to break away from the man's hold, transforming into his element, spinning Iris. The wind generated from his spear's perpetual motion meshed with his own electricity, immersing the Knight in a miniature tornado.

Tossing him from side to side, Blitz's body lashed about in the eye of the tornado, each time it'd crashed onto the opposite side of the natural disaster, the spear's tip waiting to puncture the man's spine. Discharging sharp electrical bursts to further cause damage along the man's spinal cord. (HT)[Indra's Rage] As the motion subsided, the final moments of the disaster's strength concluded with Blitz's body being violently slapped against the floor.

Menacingly towering over the knight, Castor began to fire in rapid succession bursts of lightning bolts into the man's shoulder. Much like a pistol, round after round riddled the man's body, electrocuting him with every volley. (LT)[Volt] A cold sweat came over the denizen of lightning, frozen, Castor clutched at his mid-section. His body began to feel weak suddenly, and after examining the rosary red color of his palm, Nox knew the reason why.

The room was riddled with the bodies of prostitutes and debris caused by the still looming thunderstorm. With the ceiling destroyed, it left an open air feel to the estate for the two combatants whose brawl left the building's architecture in shambles.  

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Word Count: 623  | Tagged: @Victor Abio

Notes: Act II

Last edited by Castor O. Nox on Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:25 pm; edited 4 times in total

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:19 pm
Richie gagged and caughed. His lungs were burning. His vision was becoming blurred by tears, and now his face was hurting from the fall. He tried to scramble to his feet, but his muscles were starting to give out. The poor man started to drag himself across the floor, trying to find some means of escape. Everything had been going so well, and it went wrong in almost an instant. With each second, strength was leaving him. He could barely go on.

With his strength giving out, Richie rolled onto his back, his bloodshot eyes looking skyward. There, he saw Victor standing over him. The same man he had idolized, was now the man killing him. Richie could barely get a word out, before his eyes rolled back into his head. With one last wheeze, the last of Richie's life left him. All that remained was a corpse, sitting in the middle of the street.

Victor took in a deep breath. The chemical concoction in his veins was still pushing him towards anger, but he was starting to calm down. Well, he had managed to find the copy cat and take them down. And the barrels of bodies was all the proof he needed. Now, just to talk to Mr Bastion. He slowly turned towards the brothel, where the sounds of fighting had intensified. Something told him that Bastion was in the middle of all of this.

Well, everyone could use a doctor now and again.

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:31 pm
Castor O. Nox uses LT(Luna's Kiss) on Blitz
Castor O. Nox uses LT(Impale) on Blitz
Castor O. Nox uses LT(Drill) on Blitz
Castor O. Nox uses UT on Blitz

Blitz uses MT(White Rose) on Castor O. Nox
Blitz uses LT(Thorns) on Castor O. Nox
Blitz uses LT(Scarlet Rose) on Castor O. Nox
Blitz uses UT on Castor O. Nox

Tracker

Name : Variable
Epithet : Variable
Height : Variable
Weight : Variable
Species : Variable
Faction : Variable
Crew : Variable
Ship : Variable
Crew Role : Variable
Devil Fruit : Variable
Bounty : Variable
Balance : Variable

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:31 pm
The member 'Castor O. Nox' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 8, 12, 6, 15

--------------------------------

#2 'Reflex Check' : 3, 4, 6, 9
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:58 pm

blur_on

The Scarlet Rose

Both men were in need of immediate medical attention, however, one of them wouldn't be receiving it. For only God could resurrect the deceased, and as Castor ominously hovered over the now crippled Knight, the conversation between The Almighty and Blitz would come shortly. Whether or not he'd make it, back to this world would be a decision out of his hands.

Unable to feel below his torso, a stream of tears began to flow from the Knight's eyes. This was the high that Castor lived for, the moments where a long hunt had come to a close. An instinct he'd hone in the wild on Minion Island, a preditor's pleasure that no woman or alcohol could provide him. Adding a spinning motion to his spear, Castor would thrust Iris into the man's shoulder causing him to screech out in pain. Whimpering, Blitz's undergarments sullied with excretions of all kinds, the Knight's consciousness began to fade. (LT)[Drill)

Plucking the spear from his shoulder blade, the sensation of the blade being removed awoke the Knight to an alertness in his senses once again. Panting for breath, "Mercy. From one warrior to another... I give my word. Anything you need... Money... Connections... Power. Vana can become our safe haven! Don't you grow tired of being a wanted man on the seas?!"Blitz belted, his calm and reserved personality faltering him in his final moments.

Sinking the spear's tip into the man's kidney region, blood gushed from his mouth like information from a freshly ruptured cyst. (LT)[Impale] The look on Castor's face was spine-chilling, it leaves the mightiest warrior in the coldest of sweats. What made it even more horrific was the fact that throughout all the man's begging for mercy and partnership, a seemingly permanent smirk, broad in nature from chin to chin was displayed proudly on his face.

"And the mighty knight... No matter how much he begged... The monster couldn't understand his language. For his language was that of violence."Castor stated, speaking in his native Three Eye Tribesman tongue. The words would come off as mad ramblings to Blitz but it solidified one fact in the Knight's mind, there would be no reasoning with Castor.

As the executioner's blade left, it's sheath, Nox covered it's likeness in surges of electricity. Raising the blade above his head, the pirate captain froze.

"Even if I die here... The young master will avenge me. Kill me! The moment my life ends... You'll be wanted by every shield! Ouroboros will hunt you down! Murder everyone you have ever loved and cared for!" Blitz shouted aggressively with his final lung full of breaths.

Continuing to speak in his native tongue, Castor's blade swung horizontally, releasing an electrically charged arc of the wind which picked up Blitz's body and sent him flying through the brothel's door into the street. (LT)[Luna's Kiss] Landing only a few inches from the building's entrance, the Knight's body was riddled with gashes and scratches from head to toe. Walking to the outside, Castor removed his spear from the Knight's shoulder. The streets emptied, no one wanted to be anywhere near the lightning storm. Every building for up to a block was deserted, everyone in Vana valued self.  
"The monster rejoiced. After ages of books being written about heroes slaying beasts. The beast had slain the hero."Castor declared in his native tongue.

The knights of Vana evacuated all the citizen's in effort to defend against the natural disaster that descended on Ryker's Street. The only persons remaining in the eye of this madness were Victor and Castor. Sheathing Summer's Rain, the exposed pirate in his traditional kimono and torn hakama wear shot a grin toward's Victor.

"If you haven't guessed by now... I'm not actually a Knight."Castor declared, switching back to common tongue so Victor would understand him. Falling to his knees, the Pirate Captain began to pant rapidly. Body covered in perspiration, Castor's consciousness was wavering in and out due to the blood loss. With a giant bright red stain in his white kimono, the oozing blood from his abdomen region made it imminent that the fight between the Knight was not easily fought or won.

Gashi Gashi Gashi

Trying to apply as much pressure as he could on his own, Castor called out to the Doctor. "I'm in need of a doctor and a place to lie low. If I knew this fight would have ended so messily, I wouldn't have burned down your clinic." Castor said chuckling, falling onto the ground, still conscious but too weak to walk.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Word Count: 784  | Tagged: @Victor Abio

Last edited by Castor O. Nox on Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:34 pm; edited 4 times in total

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:35 am
Victor walked through the door to the brothel, the toxic smog following behind him. He had arrived just in time to see the aftermath of the battle. So, it seems the two knights were fighting it out, while Victor was dealing with Richie. And it seems the false knight was the winner. At the three eyed man's comments, Victor gave a small smile. "That's alright. I admit I'm not much of a doctor myself. I more consider myself a scientist." He approached the bleeding man, kneeling down as he pulled a syringe out of his coat pocket, "That being said, I do consider myself somewhat competent." He jammed the syringe into 'Bastion's' arm. The pirate would feel his body starting to recover somewhat from his fight. Nowhere near full health, but still, it was something.

With his 'patient' stabilized, Victor hefted him up onto his shoulder. He gave a small chuckle at the comment about his clinic burning down. "Oh, don't worry. I'm a man that's good at improvising. But for now, I think it would be best if we left this place." He started to carry him outside of the ruined brothel. Thankfully the mist was starting to dissipate. He looked over, seeing Richie's cart sitting there. Well, it certainly made things easier than just carrying him. He carried 'Bastion' over to the cart and set him down, before his eyes fell onto the body of Richie.

Hmm, if he was to 'clear his name' as it were, he needed Richie to hand over to the authorities. He moved over to collect the poisoned body, before carrying him over and flopping him into the cart. But then there was the matter of the other knight. A dead knight would cause problems. Perhaps there was a way to turn this to their advantage.

"I'll be right back," Victor said to Bastion, turning to head back into the brothel. Moments later, he was carrying out the bloody corpse of Sir Blitz, dumping his body right next to Richie's body.
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:01 pm

blur_on

Vana's Lordship

Fleeing Ryker's Street, the phony Knight and Doctor duo hoisted their assortment of 'trophies' and fled the scene of the crime. Over the next seven days, the following events unfolded.

Ryker's Street was reopened, meteorologists in Vana tried to analyze what had caused the weather phenomenon but to no avail. The act was dubbed an omen, summed up as Black Magic by neighbouring states and others who called it from a more atheist stance, said what it really was, an act of nature.

After which, a District wide search began for the Masked Knight Bastion and the Dazzling Knight Blitz who had been investigating the kidnappings in the area. They were spotted on Ryker's Street the day of the incident and have been missing every since.The incident at the Scarlet Rose would be dubbed The Black Storm Disaster, a tragedy that took the lives of fifty-two prostitutes and sixteen bystanders.

Five Days After The Black Storm Disaster | At Home Clinic

Shortly after securing their hideout, the family members of this particular home were placed into a deep slumber. Resting on a patient bed, Castor had been patched up along his abdomen by Victor, the wounds still fresh, the pain wasn't unbearable but it hindered quick movements. Bed ridden, the Pirate Captain used his electric radio to listen into the gossip on the streets outside of the clinic's walls. Five days worth of rumours, news reports and statements from the Kingdom stayed jumbled in his mind.

"How long before this heals up Doc?" Castor inquired, clutching at his abdomen. "The longer we stay missing, the harder it will be to clean this up. However, I have a plan as long as you're wiling to play ball. I need you to develop a poison and an antinode. If you already have one in mind, that'd be super."Castor declared. Pacing his speech, it'd take awhile before Castor would be able to elaborate the entire plan due to his injuries, it'd become a task to even speak.

"The plan is simple. We'll inject them with a poison that deteriorates both their bodies rapidly. The story is we discovered the kidnapper and his victims... His base of operations was the Scarlet Rose. By time we made it there, he'd already destroyed the evidence and attempted to use a poisonous gas to eliminate both Blitz and myself.

I managed to strike him down but by time the fight concluded, Blitz was in critical condition from the toxin. That's when I turned to you, the new doctor in town for help. Miraculously, you developed the cure, but it was too late for Blitz. His wounds from the struggle with the kidnapper and added affects of the poison killed him in the end.

You get to be the hero who saved me, the Masked Knight Bastion of Jotun and developed a cure for poison he had been testing on the populous unknowingly to the court... That last part is key. We need to make it feel as though the effects of his crimes are still a prevalent issue."
Castor concluded.

Word Count: 512  | Tagged: @Victor Abio

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:25 pm
Once he had gotten Bastion, or who he learned later, Castor, somewhere secluded and safe, things quieted down for a bit. Tending to Castor's wounds hadn't been too difficult. Regular injections of his medicine had helped with his recovery. Still, it was best to ensure he reached full recovery, and gave things time to cool down. After all, so many people had died during the 'storm', and two knights had gone missing, one of which was in a bed recovering, and the other laying dead in another room.

As Castor asked him how long it would take, Victor was giving Castor another injection of medicine. "It shouldn't be much longer. Thankfully your body's recovering quite quickly. Honestly, you're more able to get on your feet right now if you so wish." And then, Castor spoke of his idea. Make it seem like they were poisoned. Well, with Richie, it wouldn't be too hard. Victor had poisoned the bastard to death. With Blitz, it certainly wouldn't be hard to fake a poisoning. "I have just the thing. Just give me a few moments, and both bodies will be ready for our little cover story." Victor smiled, heading into the next room.

It look a little bit. He needed the 'poison' to work its magic through Blitz' corpse to show the ravages of toxic poisoning. An antidote was then applied to stop the toxin, but not before it did irreversible damage to the knight's body. Now for Richie. Several stabs with a scalpel to simulate war wounds, making it seem like he was killed in a fight, rather than simply choking to death on toxic fumes. Once he was done, he walked to the room where Castor was waiting. "Our corpses are ready. Shall we get going, 'Sir Bastion'?" he chuckled.
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:17 pm

blur_on

Vana's Lordship

During last remaining days in the week after the ordeal, Castor spent it hunting around the town for a blacksmith who could replicate his trademark mask. Since it was made of gold, it'd cost a pretty penny but money wasn't much of a problem for the pirate. Castor and Dax had made a killing working in Jotun and Asgar as Knights for hire. On the seventh day, the mask was complete. Wrapping the bodies of the two deceased men in bandages, embalming fluid was used to prevent any further decay, Victor loaded Richie's cart with the cargo.

Castor returned to the Vana's stronghold in the Castle Vert to report his side of the incident that transpired over the last week. Escorted into the Castle's Hall's, barren of his usual golden armour, the imp was forced to wear a steel set in the interim. The only thing gold on him was his mask, which covered his entire face as usual, leaving gaps for sight, breathing and speech. The mask carried no unique features it was blank, plain smooth gold with no frills are markings on it.

Traversing through the castle's halls, on the wall pictures of all of Vana's previous leaders, even former King's of Lvneel were hung. The final portrait before the entrance to the main hall was the Late Vassal Lord, Bolden Senoir's son. The oak doors with golden trims forming Vana's sigil creaked open, as the light from the stained glass in the room illuminated the dreary ambiance. Sitting on the Throne was a small preteen, probably no older than thirteen but definitely over the age of ten, from the looks of him, his age was incredibly hard to discern.

At his side was the man of the hour, the real person he'd have to convince. Sir Oliver Bolden, first of his name and council to the Vassal. A decorated war veteran who'd made a name for himself in Lvneel's initial squabbles with neighbouring Kingdom's like Flevance in his youth. A man whose intimate gaze made the weakest of souls confess their deepest truths. Elderly in appearance, the man kept proper care of his body and even his facial hair, always keep a clean trim and line up at all times. Protocol was his sport, and penalities was his reward, an event he'd win gold medals in every time.

Sitting in the throne, shaking his feet back and forth, fiddling with a metal puzzle, the challenge of the day presented to him by his uncle, the Lord played his small part and continued fidgeting away.

"Sir Bastion - The Masked Knight of Jotun. I hereby turnover oversight of this ordeal to my council, Sir Bolden Senior." Raphael Bolden declared with his prepubescent voice.  

"Amusing." Castor thought to himself, as he'd watch the torch of authority being passed around so flagrantly.

Clearing his throat, "Sir Bastion. This week has been filled with many a hurdle. Lord Waldon is also wondering about your whereabouts... You choose quite an interesting time to go missing... Any words?" Bolden inquired, shuffling through layers of documents that were being passed to him for his approval even during the hearing.

Laughing audibly, "You'd be incorrect in that assumption Mi Lord. I did not 'go missing'. If that was my intention, this meeting wouldn't be happening and I'd be back in my lord's care far before any of your court would know. Two barrels deep in Vana's finest wine and several sessions of passion worth in Jotun's wildest brothel. However, I refrain from these pleasures... as I mourn." Castor stated eloquently.

Raising his brow and his head to now make eye contact with the Knight.

"Oh?" Bolden inquired. "Who is it that burdens your heart?" Bolden Senior inquired.

Changing his facial expression and body language on cue, Castor's knack for acting shone in this moment. The man's body winced as a mother's own would during labour pains and his eyes began to water, visibly shedding tears which streamed onto the floor from beneath his mask. It was only because of the whimpering that the men present were able to tell that he was crying, as Castor's face was concealed but when playing a role, the pirate through his entire being into the part.

"I regret to inform his lordship that Sir Austin Blitz... has passed. The reason I have been missing for the last few days is because I watched him perish." Castor declared, smirking beneath his mask, a quick guilty pleasure that faded immediately with a single dip of his head towards the floor, raising his head once more, to display the frown through the gap in his mask.

The Knights in the room went into a frenzy.

"What do you mean you watched him die pipsqueak!?"one of the Knights heckled. With one signal from his hand, Lord Bolden returned order to the room.

Calmly, "Your words are like a serpent's coil. Explain yourself." Lord Bolden Senior declared

"I mean exactly what I said. I watched Sir Austin die right before my eyes and if it wasn't for the Good Doctor. I would be dead as well."
Castor declared, planting the seeds he'd need to manipulate the situation in his favour.

"The good doctor? You're mincing words again Sir Bastion. Speak openly. Analogies will only lead to futher misunderstandings. I'd do well that you remember where you are."
Sir Bolden Senior stated sternly.

"I will speak openly. Once the doctor arrives. I'll show you for yourselves how Sir Blitz passed. I'll even present you his murderer right at your feet. The culprit caught both of us off guard." Castor retorted

"Seal all the exits. If any doctor appears at our doors within the hour. Welcome him with open arms. For if this explanation isn't to my liking... I'll have your head." Bolden stated calmly.

"I assure you Mi Lord. Once you see the bodies, the issue that we have to tackle even now will become much more urgent than punishing his murderer. There's no need to beat a dead dog." Castor concluded.

Murmurs filled the room with distrust for the Masked Knight, the way he carried himself and spoke left many on the fence. He was neither declaring himself as the culprit or proclaiming that he wasn't, which left the court's opinion crazed. Sir Bolden and Sir Blitz were great friends, so the news was extremely unsettling to the old geezer who saw Austin as the future.

Word Count: 1086 | Tagged: @Victor Abio

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:46 pm
Castor had gone on ahead of him as he headed to the palace, to prepare the place for the doctor's arrival. Meanwhile, Victor had to pull along the cart that contained the bodies of both Richie, his unfortunate copycat, and the late sir Blitz, who had been murdered by his new associate. He kept the cart covered, in order to prevent a panic from the people of the town. Thankfully, Victor's size allowed him to pull the cart with relative ease, though he'd be lying if he said it didn't attract his fair share of stares.

Before long, he reached the palace. The guards, caught a little off guard by his appearance, moved to stop him. One of them even pointed his spear at him. Such nerve! Victor kept his calm though, looking the guards in the eye. "I am Doctor Victor Abio. I do believe Sir Bastion told you to expect me," he said, keeping calm. the guards paused, hesitating for a moment, before stepping aside to allow Victor passage through. As the gates opened, Victor strode in, pulling the cart behind him.

The castle was quite spacious, so it wasn't too difficult to get the cart inside and towards the throne room. Castor had told him where it was, and had given him directions. As he stepped into the room, all eyes turned to the large doctor. But victor's eyes fell on the masked face of Castor. He smiled and gave him a nod. "I'm glad you were able to prepare them good sir," he said to the 'knight', before bowing to the king and the others. "Your majesty, fine gentlemen. My name is Dr. Victor Abio. It pains me to have to bring this news to you." He turned to the cart, pulling the tarp away to reveal the two bodies.
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:58 pm

blur_on

Vana's Lordship

Gasps filled the courtroom as the Knights present murmured among themselves at the barely recognizable body of Sir Austin Blitz. Purple discolored veins pulsated across the knight's body, now clothed only in a loincloth, made ascertaining his condition easy.

The other man Richie was in much worse condition, due to the mixture of chemicals pumped in his body by Victor during their fight, his already naturally round stomach enlarged. If any thoughts of piercing the stomach would come to mind, buckets full of discharge would ooze, gushing onto the floor, accompanied by the foulest of scents.

Sir Bolden took a minute to compose himself. The history between Sir Austin and him was one of a master and student. He’d known very well what the Knight was capable of, especially, the lengths it’d take to kill him.

Before the Lord could even muster the words to inquire about his friend’s death, Bastion began to articulate his snake oil salesman pitch.

“The man beside Sir Bastion was the serial kidnapper plaguing the streets of Vana!

Austin and I tracked him down, but we played right into his trap. Both of us we’re afflicted with a poison that inhibited our skills.

After vanquishing him, our lives were dwindling quickly. It was a suicide attempt on his part to kill all of us that day in the Scarlet Rose. Not only the poison but the elements wasn’t in our favor!

That’s when Doctor Victor Abio came and saved my life. However… The wounds from our fight were much worse in Sir Blitz case. By the time treatment was administered it was too late.”
Castor stated, making sure to choose his words wisely.

Sir Bolden simply listened, pulling his beard as a coping mechanism to suppress his anger. Only one point streamed through his mind, he wasn’t the kind of man who doubted each and every word people presented to him.

Obvious loop holes in stories kind of jump out at him, and failing to provide sufficient information to his interrogation resulted in execution on the spot or becoming a toy in his favourite hobby in torture.

“So. You and this doctor… Want me to believe that two Knights such as yourselves in the peak of physical condition lost to an overweight half-pint like this abomination in the cart before me. Don’t insult my intelligence.” Sir Bolden declared, signaling to his knights to apprehend the men.

Encircling the duo, the hungry guards desperate for action, followed the Lord’s command as instructed, but their advance was frozen by an overwhelming pressure that weighed them down even more so the closer to the Masked Knight they got. It was an ominous feeling, as if any further steps in would result in their heads being severed from their bodies.

“It’d hope that you would offer me the same respect. Of course this pathetic obese commoner could never have bested Blitz or me!” Castor barked, the noticeable anger in his voice. The man’s manner of speech was so unhinged, it took even Bolden aback.

“You claim the impish man was the murderer. Now. You say he isn’t. Your words are filled with lies!” Bolden exclaimed.

“And your ears are filled with sand! Like I said…The poison and the elements were against us! His accomplice was who did this to us both! Look at the blade wounds on our bodies!” Castor shouted, bringing attention to Blitz’s body as he began to strip down to his undergarments, leaving his upper and lower body naked.

Across Castor’s body, several scars from various fights over the years were displayed but as the man began to rip off the bandages from his most recent injury, he revealed a deep gash bounded together by a plethora of stitches. Along with his abdomen, injuries to his chest and shoulder were also noticeable, none of which were any less painful looking than the other.

“The man responsible for this and accomplice to the kidnapper was Castor O. Nox! The Super Rookie who has been spotted across Lvneel!

It was not only his abilities that injured us but caused the natural disaster on Ryker’s Street!”
Castor exclaimed.

Chaos broke out in the court once again. After the incident in Asgar, Castor’s name had become a buzz word for misfortune. Not to mention the pirate had openly targeted Lord Stein, mentioning the man’s name caused Lord Bolden’s eyes to expand widely.

Raising his hand to silence the murmurs once more, “Doctor Abio. Can you confirm this man’s words?” Lord Bolden inquired, his face now visibly disturbed at the revelation.

What terrified Bolden truly wasn’t the rookie’s name, all pirates were the same to him, scum. However, anyone who had the balls to mess with Stein’s operation was someone he wanted nothing to do with and everything to know about. Unknown to the court or even the young lord, Bolden had discovered many unsettling details of the Vassal Lord’s operation.

The shield was weak now with an infant as it’s Lord and for the time being, Bolden prioritized any information he could use involving Stein for the upcoming storm that seemed to be on the horizon. To him, the only duty in his interest was the young lord and Vana itself.

Word Count: 870 | Tagged: @Victor Abio

Notes: Act III - Fin

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:36 am
At first, it seemed like Castor's little plan was about to have a disastrous outcome. Indeed, the others were having a hard time believing that the homesless Richie would be able to take out a knight and wound another. The poison had been the key to this little story, but it wasn't enough. Victor had seen the flaws to begin with, but had been hoping the knights and nobles were complete fools. So much for that possibility.

However, Castor then broke out his trump card. That Richie wasn't alone, and that they were attacked by the Supernova Castor Nox. Quite an interesting move. He had heard rumours of the pirate on the island before this encounter, but paid them no mind. But blaming a Supernova for the death oif a knight. Well, that wasn't too far from the truth. And it was a much more believable story as well, as the guards paused in their advancement, and Lord Bolden asked Victor is this was true. time to put on his best acting.

"I did not see the man myself, but the evidence does seem to suggest so." He looked back at the two corpses before looking back to the Knight. "Castor Nox has been rumoured to cause environmental disasters whenever he strikes, and there was a vicious thunder storm on the night in question. The wounds inflicted on both Sir Blitz and Sir Bastion here, also suggest someone with capable skill with a blade. It certainly would seem that someone like Castor would be possible of such a feat."

He looked at the bloated corpse of Richie. "As Sir Bastion says, I believe our bloated friend here was one of his cohorts. The poison I believe was his doing, but his carelessness resulted in his own death. A pathetic man following a monster of a pirate." How ironic, considering he was now following said monstrous pirate. He turned his attention back to the gathered knights and guards. "It would seem though, that since the encounter, the disappearances that had been occurring have ceased. It seems our bloated friend here had been doing it on behalf of Castor."

Now, here's to hoping that they bought it.
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:43 pm

blur_on

So The Story Goes

Lord Bolden took into account the Doctor’s statement. Had the man been too zealous in his support of Bastion’s testimony, Bolden would opt to believe this whole story was indeed a rouse.

Leaning over towards the Young Lord, Bolden began to whisper into Raphael’s ears. After about ten minutes, standing from his seat on the throne, the young Lord addressed the court.

“Your testimonies today has been taken in good favor, Sir Bastion. Sir Victor. Unfortunately, this last week has left us as a Shield shaken up. My regards to Lord Waldon for this interrogation process but of course, given the timing, we had to cover all of our bases.”Raphael spoke elegantly.

Clapping his hands together, “Sir Austin Blitz will now be awarded the Golden Sigil of Vana for his work as a Knight to the Veil!

Sir Victor Abio! For your talents in the medical field, I, Raphael Bolden appoint you Chief Head of Medicine at our General Hospital. In the event that a poison so heinous ever rears it’s head in Vana again, we’ll have your talents at our disposal. Of course, you’ll be given your own ward to do with what you please and an adequate salary!”
Raphael exclaimed.

Plopping back onto his throne, Sir Bolden Senior would pat the young lord on his shoulder.

“As for you Sir Bastion. In speed of our fallen, it is under my authority as acting Senior Advisor of Vana’s Court to appoint you the mission of investigating Castor’s purpose here in Vana.

Though you’re Waldon’s Knight, from now on when you are in Vana , you work for me directly. Since Doctor Abio was responsible for creating a solution for Castor’s accomplice’s poison, I assume he’ll be looking to get his hands on an adequate replacement.

Until I can setup permanent guards for him, for the next 30 days while Dr.Abio adjusts to his new position, you’ll be his personal guard.”
Bolden commanded.

Dropping onto the court’s floor, the kneeling Knight tilted his face towards the ground in respect, at least, that’s what Bastion the Knight believed to be appropriate in this situation.

“Yes Mi Lord.”
Bastion responded.

The room was asked to be cleared. Even the various high ranking Knights in the court was excused. In the chamber, Bolden, Raphael and the Head of Knights in Vana, a man by the name of Gryphon remained of the living. Of the deceased, Blitz and Richie’s bodies were ordered to be left behind.

“What say you Gryphon?” Bolden inquired.

Twirling with his mustache, the Knight dressed in purple tinted adamant armor commented on the incident that came to pass.

“Let our doctors examine their bodies and do a full autopsy...There’s something strange about that Masked Knight. The doctor was a good acquisition. If anything, it’s the only positive outcome of this whole ordeal. Ouroboros lost a good man.” Gryphon concluded.

“I’ll look into this pirate Castor myself. If he’s someone I can use against Stein in the long run, it might be worth capturing him. I’ll break him into my own little slave.”
Sir Bolden concluded, licking his lips perversely.

“Uncle… I’m bored. Teaching Time?! Can we get right into today’s lesson?!” Raphael shouted in glee.

Smiling sadistically, “Of course. I have the perfect subjects for today’s session. All of the failures who patrolled Ryker’s Street during the Black Storm… We’ll be teaching them what happens to those who aren’t capable of fulfilling their duties.” Sir Bolden concluded.

Escorting Victor throughout the castle, a small posse of Vana knights guided the duo back out towards the entrance. Once there, a carriage was called to escort Castor and Victor to the general Vana hospital called Saint Frigg’s General.

The hospital was stretched along a massive estate, similar to the one Sir Blitz possessed. It was outfitted in the latest of medical equipment and featured several talented doctors who migrated from Flevance in search of bigger salaries and an easier life as Lvneel wasn’t often raided or troubled by pirate activity.

As the carriage pulled into the compound, the horse carriage rider turned over a letter bearing Vana’s Lord seal of approval. Inside contained a parchment indicated Victor’s new position in the hospital.

Guided to the former chief’s room that cried buckets of tears as he was being removed from his office. Through brute force nonetheless, the Knights shuffled around removing his possessions. Victor was shown around, giving light to the variety of facilities he’d now have at his disposal.

Traversing the hallway, finally alone, “I assume they are only appointing me to guard you, in the event my claims don't pan out. What are you going to do now that you have a whole hospital at your disposal? More experiments?” Castor inquired smirking beneath his mask, turning his to peer up towards the massive Doctor.

Word Count: 801 | Tagged: @Victor Abio

Notes: Act III - Fin

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:24 pm
It appeared that Victor's testimony did indeed pan out. Good. Victor didn't consider himself much of an actor, but he knew how to lie when the situation called for it. And to make things even better, the man was now being given control over a whole hospital! A smile stretched across Victor's face. "My lord, you honour me," he said, giving him a deep bow in respect. Before long, the meeting was disbanded, and Victor was being led to the hospital in question, with the disguised Castor being appointed his bodyguard.

The hospital did indeed seem like the perfect place for a man such as him. Even better, he was being given a whole ward especially for him. To do with what he saw fit. It was almost too perfect! When he was alone with Castor, the pirate theorized that they were only kept together, in case his claims didn't pan out. "That may be. Though if it doesn't pan out, it seems you'll be in more hot water than I am. I mean, I doubt they would do all of this for a suspect." Thankfully, Victor's own testimony had given him plausible deniability in that regard.

When the question came of what they would do next, Victor chuckled. "In time. Though it might be prudent to lie low a little longer. Help build up a reputation before continuing with me experiments. What I'm curious about though is what you plan to do. I'm quite curious as to why a famed pirate, such as yourself, is running around impersonating a knight. Especially when you don't seem to have any trouble with killing the others."

As the two entered Victor's new office, he walked calmly behind his desk and took a seat. Quite nice for someone of his new position, though he would need a bigger chair ordered for him. He looked to the disguised Castor and grinned. "I get the feeling you're planning something big. And, as a scientist, I'm quite interested in seeing the outcome." Indeed, this was going to be an interesting partnership indeed.
Gray
Gray
The Conqueror / Black Fist
[tracker=/t131-tracker-gray-starks#504]
Name : Gray
Epithet : "The Conqueror"; "Black Fist"
Height : 10'2" (310 cm)
Weight : 1043 lbs (473 kg)
Species : Cyborg Human
World Position : Lurking Legend (Former Yonkou)
Crew : Black Fist Pirates (Destroyed)
Ship : Sangria's Vane (Destroyed)
Crew Role : Captain (Former)
Devil Fruit : Pressure-Pressure Fruit
Bounty : [ber=r] 5,000,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.20
Shop Discount : -30%
Balance : [bel] 25,000,000,000
[[strollingdeath]][[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[childofdestiny]][[freakofnature]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:35 am

GRADING

COMMENTS
I have yet to actually read through this quest, however, since it has been over two weeks since you submitted this for grading, I will be granting you the "~" quality bonus as per the rules in the questing guide. Once I've completed reading the quests, the rewards may be updated accordingly. (Don't worry, the rewards cannot decrease after the "~" grading is granted.)

Castor O. Nox
Grading Pending...
Victor Abio
Grading Pending...

REWARDS

Castor O. Nox
Difficulty Bonus: +25% (+1)
Quality Bonus: +25% (~)
Length Multiplier: 0.125 (0.25 * [(15 written posts / 10 required posts) - 1])

EXP: 85 [50 + (25%*50) +  (25%*50)]*1.125
Berries: 21,093,750 [250k*50 + 25%(250k*50) + 25%(250k*50)]*1.125
Bounty: TBD | {}
LEVEL UP! Castor has leveled up to level 57. Please let me know how you'd like his +20 stat points distributed.

Old balance:  9,800,000
Updated balance: 30,893,750‬

Victor Abio
Difficulty Bonus: +0% (+0)
Quality Bonus: +25% (~)
Length Multiplier: 0.125 (0.25 * [(15 written posts / 10 required posts) - 1] )

EXP: 71 [50 + (25%*50)]*1.125
Berries: 351,563 [250k*1 + 25%(250k*1)]*1.125
Bounty: TBD | {}

Old balance: 50,000
Updated balance: 401,563

Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato
[Episode] Fools Call It Magic Not Science - Page 2 Rowdy_10
[tracker=/t600-miku-e-sato#2421]
Name : Miku Etsuko Sato
Epithet : Rowdy Rascal
Height : 5'2"
Weight : 122 lb
Species : Human
World Position : Supernova
Crew : Meddling Kids
Ship : The Scorned Lady
Crew Role : Captain
Bounty : [ber=r] 105,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Shop Discount : 10%
Balance : [bel] 221,877,500
[[baneoftheweak]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[barrelcrazed]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:19 pm

GRADING

COMMENTS
Castor O. Nox
+ Great dialogue, enjoyed the characters
+ Nox’s plan is clever, risky, and a thrill to see succeed
+ While I understand your need to pull Victor into the plot, it felt a bit forced and on the nose. A more natural hook could have been used.
+ While I enjoyed it all I felt Nox’s story and role in this was a little too overwhelming, causing Victor to really feel like a side character.
Victor Abio
+ Your character’s personality and nonchalant attitude the whole time gave me chills. So calm and cool. Thumbs up.
+ Your fight was a fun parallel to read against Nox’s bombastic fight. So gritty, personal, and ended poorly for lil Richie. To my delight.
+ I would like to see Victor step forward and show a little more initiative next time. While he was calm and handled the discovery well, it seemed like he really started following Nox’s every order without much input or hesitance.  
+ Also in your Combat Tracker, please add a / whenever a stat is changed with the original value being on the right side. Example, HP: 50/100, RX: 78/55 (Boosted), ATK: 80/120 (Debuffed). Also be sure to include what is causing the values to be affected in your spoiler as well!

REWARDS

Castor O. Nox
Difficulty Bonus: +25% (+1)
Quality Bonus: +50% (A)

EXP: 99 [50+(25%*50))+(50%*50)]*1.125
Berries: 28,054,688 [((57*250k)+(25%*57*250k)+(50%*57*250k))*1.125
Bounty: +20,000,000 | {For the Murder of Sir Austin Blitz, property damage, and assault of innocents}

Old balance: 37,893,750
Updated balance: 44,854,688

Victor Abio
Difficulty Bonus: +0% (+0)
Quality Bonus: +25% (B)

EXP: 71 [50 + (25%*50)]*1.125
Berries: 351,563 [(1*250k) + (25%*1*250k*)]*1.125
Bounty: +0 | {You got away scot free!}  

Old balance: 401,563
Updated balance: 401,563

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord