Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[World Event] A Fool's ErrandThu Jul 25, 2024 8:35 pmVolo Rosso[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:57 amMaxwell[Episode] Corruption of BloodSun Jul 14, 2024 3:51 amYumiko[Episode] Mink-staken IdentityThu Jul 04, 2024 6:28 amYumiko[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSat Jun 29, 2024 9:00 pmGray[Episode] Now, where am I?Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:56 pmGray[Episode] Waking MonstersSat Jun 29, 2024 12:00 pmGray[Abandoned] [Arc] [Tequila Wolf Conquest] The Rotten Lie of Tequila WolfTue Jun 25, 2024 3:23 pmGray[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsSun Jun 23, 2024 5:11 pmGray
Go down
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
[tracker=/t544-anton-la-croix#2124]
Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
Species : Human
Faction : Marine
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Crew Role : Captain
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 1,472,069,543
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[bookworm]][[childofdestiny]]
[[berryprinter]][[punchoutguru]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]
Turf : [turf="/t299-turf-details-minion-island#1113"]Minion Island[/turf]

In the Dead of Night [Arc Part 2] Empty In the Dead of Night [Arc Part 2]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:59 pm

Of all the situations Anton La'croix had found himself in, this had to be one of the worst. What had started as a battle between marines and pirates, had ended up with him trapped on an island, in the middle of a battle royal, and forced to team up with the same pirate who got him trapped here in the first place. Which wouldn't be so bad if she didn't insist that she was the victim of all this. There was really so much Anton could take. So, right now, he was focusing on simply getting out of this situation alive.

After their initial fight in the cells, the pair had made their way outside, finding themselves in a dense forest surrounding them. The sun had already started to set, giving them little opportunity to check their surroundings. Anton's jumping ability gave him some check of the surroundings. There seemed to be a tall tower like building in the center of the island, but not much else. Of course, with the sky darkening quickly, Anton and Miku had been forced to at least form some form of encampment for the night.

And so, here they were, sitting across from eachother, a fire in between them, glaring at eachother. Well, Miku might have been glaring at him. Anton, honestly, couldn't care by this point. He was already thoroughly done with this. And it had been some time since they had anything to eat. The fighting earlier had distracted Anton from this fact, but all the exertion had now made things even worse for him. He was trying to ignore the hunger pains within him, forcing his eyes to remain open as he stared at the pirate sitting across from him.

Honestly, this situation couldn't get any worse if she suddenly decided to try and jump across the fire and throttle him. He even wouldn't be surprised.
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato
In the Dead of Night [Arc Part 2] Rowdy_10
[tracker=/t600-miku-e-sato#2421]
Name : Miku Etsuko Sato
Epithet : Rowdy Rascal
Height : 5'2"
Weight : 122 lb
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Supernova
Crew : Meddling Kids
Ship : The Scorned Lady
Bounty : [ber=r] 105,000,000
Shop Discount : 10%
Balance : [bel] 221,877,500
[[baneoftheweak]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[barrelcrazed]]

In the Dead of Night [Arc Part 2] Empty Re: In the Dead of Night [Arc Part 2]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:37 pm

[ seize life with your own hands ]

‘This sucks…’ Miku thought to herself as she continued glaring right across the fire at the marine sitting there. From what she had gathered he was fairly straight laced, hadn’t made any suspicious moves, and seemed to be just as upset about the situation as herself. With enough time passing as well her temper had cooled significantly causing her to, slightly, regret the way she had been treating him. She disliked the fact that she owed him and her weak attempt at clearing that debt earlier was pitiful in retrospect.

The Rascal grit her teeth and looked into the fire contemplating how to fill the awkward tense silence between them. She still didn’t even know the guys actual name she realized with slight surprise. The woman lifted her gaze and took a deep breath to calm and steel herself for what was sure to be a frustrating conversation.

“So do you got a name? Cuz I can only call you ‘bug bastard’ or ‘marine boy’ so many times before I get sick of it.” She said while looking over the flame at him. “I’m sure you know me by now after our last bout but lets pretend you don’t. I’m Miku E. Sato, captain of the Meddling Kids.” Miku said the last sentence with a grin on her face that showed pride at what she had accomplished, she never got tired of saying it.

Her grin however quickly faded as she grimaced and forced out what she was really going to say the whole time. “Oh… and I suppose a thanks is in order… you did save me back there, as much as I hate admitting it. So there, thank you.” She said petulantly while maintaining eye contact despite wanting to look away. “Don’t expect me to say it again though and this stays between us.” She quickly added before looking back to the fire to wait to see what he would say in response.

Anton La'croix
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:18 pm
Anton was quiet as the pirate across the fire from him finally spoke up, breaking the silence between them, asking for his name. Oh, that was right. He had never once given out his name to her. "Anton La'croix," he replied, "Captain of the Guardian Knights." Granted, he wasn't much of a captain. He barely had his commission, and here he was, trapped on a death island with a pirate who had tried to kill him not too long ago. Well, at least she was being civil now, so that was a plus.

What she said next surprised him a little. Was she...actually thanking him for what he had done earlier? He didn't expect that from someone like her, who had been giving him complete crap earlier. "You're welcome," he replied, looking over the fire at her, "I mean, I couldn't simply sit by and let him strangle you." Curse his nice guy nature. When she told him to keep quiet about it, he chuckled lightly. "Don't worry. I doubt my superiors would like the idea of me rescuing a pirate either." He blinked when the realization hit him. He HAD gone and saved a pirate, and was now effectively working with one. Oh, he was not looking forward to reporting this after it was all over.

He broke eye contact, looking at the forest around them. The place seemed quiet, except for the wind in the trees and the crackling of the fire. Fortunately, it seemed like nobody was around. At least, for now. But that could change at any minute. And then there was the whole issue of getting some sleep. He looked back at Miku. "Well, at one point, we're going to need to get some rest. We need to take turns keeping watch," it was a pretty obvious plan. The problem was determining who was going on the first watch. Not an easy task considering they were technically enemies.
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:34 pm

The Rascal could at least let the corner of her lips curve upwards a bit at Anton’s, nice to have a name to the bastard, acceptance about keeping it from his own superiors. “Yeah, I’m sure the old men that hold your leash wouldn’t be happy with you sharing a fire with the likes of me.” Miku said this teasing Anton. There was no real bite behind her words but it wasn’t like she considered all marines as dogs anyway, especially from what she’d seen in her short life.

His idea of watch wasn’t insane, but it was one that required more trust than she had of him. Miku wouldn’t feel comfortable slipping into sleep with him to watch, he hadn’t earned that yet. “I’ve stayed awake for longer than a day before, you can go to sleep if you want. I’m not sleeping until I’m sure I’m safe.” Miku’s eyes simply looked into the fire, remembering all the times she was alone as a kid, wondering if she closed her eyes that night would it be for the last time. This was especially true on those harsh winter nights where you could feel your toes and fingers going numb from the extreme colds.

“I won’t do nothing to ya, if that’s what you’re worried about. If I wanted you dead I’d have tried finishing you off in the cell block, you were worse off than me after our fights.” Miku said trying to appeal to his sense of logic. “Plus I don’t like the idea of killing the man who saved me that same day.” She added with a glance away from the fire, hating to admit it out loud. “So if you want some shut eye go ahead, I’ll be a proper lady. I’ll even tell you a bedtime story if you’d like.” Miku added with a smirk as she looked back across at Anton.

Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:54 pm
Anton gave a small chuckle at her remark about spending over a day awake. He could relate. "Try going through marine training." Anton replied, "You never know when your commander's going to burst into the room and scream at you to do some more training. Sleep be damned..." His eyes glazed over as he remembered his training. It...had not been pleasant. And yet, here he was, captain of a ship. Well, a captain currently trapped on a death island. And how was anyone expected to sleep through all of this anyway. He gave a small sigh. "Doubt I could sleep even if I wanted to right now." Man, he could really use some tea right now.

At that point, there was something. A sound, coming from the corner of his senses. It was feint, but Anton picked it up. And thankfully, that was all Anton needed. His inherent sense when it came to danger did the rest. "Look out!" he yelled out, jumping back. Just in time too, as suddenly crashing out of the brush came a large tree, launched like a javelin, crashing into the fire between the two of them. What possessed so much strength as to throw a tree like that!?

"Oh shoot!" came a deep voice, "So much for my little ambush."

Anton looked over in the direction of the voice, seeing through the damage through the trees to see just who had attacked them. Though their fire had been damaged, there was enough light for Anton to see just who had attacked them. A large form, much larger than Anton. And that...just made the horror all the more easier to spot.

Jolene:

Anton's face sank, as his eyes were locked on the...thing before them. It was like a train wreck. You simply couldn't look away. "Miku..." he said, "Please tell me I'm not seeing what I think I'm seeing..."
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:32 pm

The Rascal listened with some mild interest when Anton began talking about reminisce about his time training for the marines. Despite describing an obviously unpleasant event she could hear to fondness in his voice and recognized the look in his eyes as one of fond remembrance. At his admittance that he couldn’t sleep either Miku simply leaned back with her arms behind her to support herself. The sky was twinkling with stars and she couldn’t help but admire the beauty of it.

Miku’s thoughts wandered aimlessly until Anton suddenly yelled a warning causing her to immediately jump to her feet. Where Anton was once sitting now stood a large muscular… Woman? Antons disbelieving tone wasn’t unique to him and Miku simply narrowed her eyes and began looking at the sharp angular facial features that were definitely masculine along with the defined musculature of the woman’s body. However the frilly dress, ample chest, and make up all screamed otherwise.

“What the hell do ya want? If it’s a fight then you’re in for a world of hurt.” The Rascal said as she quickly rolled up her sleeves and snapped on her Knuckles. “That ambush of yours was the best chance you had of evening the odds, so I suggest ya move on or you’ll regret it.” Miku growled as she glared at the mysteriously masculine woman. She wasn’t going to judge considering most people confused her for a young man herself.

"Don't let her feminine wiles affect you Anton!" Miku yelled at the marine, unable to resist needling him after seeing the look of dread on his face. "You represent all of your marines right now and losing to a pretty face is a poor showing." Miku then smirked, "Though I suppose you already have a track record of losing to beautiful women last we met as well." The Rascal mentally imagined Emi praising her for that line along with a enthusiastic and well earned high five.

Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am
The large woman(?) known as Jolene didn't seem intimidated by Miku's response. In fact, she(?) simply cracked her neck in response. "Oh sweetie, I don't think you get it. I only decided to ambush you to try and make things quick and easy. I so dislike getting my hands dirty. After all, a woman's got to keep up appearances." Anton wasn't sure exactly how someone of Jolene's stature can do that, but he wasn't going to say anything. Not with this large person starting to walk towards them, cracking her knuckles. He could make out the muscles underneath her dress. And he did NOT want to think of what else might be under there.

Miku's snide remark at him at least broke some of the tension, and allowed Anton to take his mind off of the hulking woman approaching them. "Funny, according to reports, didn't you have to get dragged off the battlefield afterwards?" Indeed, their battle at Las Camp had been a rather close one. "And you had help as well I might add."

Anton gripped his sword tightly, eyes locked on Jolene. "So, how are we doing this?" he muttered softly, "Go from each side, attack her head on?" He honestly hoped Miku's plan didn't involve her running away and leaving him at the mercy of the large woman. Jolene smirked as if she heard him. "Here's how it will go down sweeties." She reached for a nearby tree, her large fingers almost digging into the bark. With a low grunt of exertion, Anton's eyes widened as she suddenly pulled the large tree out of the ground, gripping it in her hands like it was a club. Just how strong was this woman!?

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:51 pm
Miku uses Kenbunshoku Haki.
Miku uses MT A Lady’s Kick on Jolene. Roll 1A.
Miku uses LT Phantom Right on Jolene. Roll 1B.
Miku uses LT Bum Rush on herself.
Miku uses UT Punch on Jolene. Roll 1C.

Jolene uses MT on Miku. Roll 2A.
Jolene uses LT on Miku. Roll 2B.
Jolene uses LT on Miku. Roll 2C.
Jolen uses UT on Miku. Roll 2D.

NPC
NPC
Tracker

Name : Variable
Epithet : Variable
Height : Variable
Weight : Variable
Species : Variable
Faction : Variable
Crew : Variable
Ship : Variable
Crew Role : Variable
Devil Fruit : Variable
Bounty : Variable
Balance : Variable

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:51 pm
The member 'Miku E. Sato' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 9, 8, 2

--------------------------------

#2 'Reflex Check' : 20, 15, 9, 10
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:39 pm

Miku wasn’t intimidated in the slightest by this large woman even as she approached them menacingly. Though she agreed that women should keep up appearances, such as not stooping to ambushing others instead of fighting. “I would agree with you but ambushes aren’t very lady like, if you had any class you would have approached us openly.” The Rascal said while moving slowly away from Anton so the two weren’t too close to one another, it would force the woman to split her attention hopefully.

Anton’s remark about her getting dragged off wasn’t exactly wrong as Emi practically refused to let her jump into any other fights. So she simply narrowed her eyes at him and let out a low growl to let him know she didn’t appreciate his comment before snidely remarking, “Been keeping an eye on me, Anton? I didn’t realize I’d left such an impression on you.” Miku tossed back at him in an attempt to not let him get the final word in their banter. When he offered his idea of a plan she nodded and kept moving away from him slowly. “Great minds and all that, Marine boy!” The Rascal teased Anton as she was already thinking the same thing, however before she could call for them to rush the woman tugged a tree straight from the ground roots and all.

“Show off.” Miku said before activating her Kenbunshoku Haki and rushing in towards the large woman. [LT - Bum Rush] “Let’s see how well you handle this!” The bluenette yelled as she suddenly windmilled kicked straight up between the woman’s legs. [MT - A Lady’s Kick] The large woman actually managed to push down a scream much to Miku’s surprise but left enough of an opening for her to swing a right hook straight at the woman’s head. [LT - Phantom Right] The Rascal tried to follow up with another jab but was suddenly blocked by a massive forearm that suddenly appeared in her view.

“Wha-” Miku yelled before she was suddenly sent flying to the side when the woman swung the giant tree right into Miku’s side with surprising speed that caught the Rascal completely off guard. [MT - Crit] Miku hit the ground hard and kept crashing through a few other trees due to the sheer force of the blow. [LT] The Rascal finally stopped when one particularly sturdy tree halted her body's motion rather suddenly and painfully. [UT] The young woman groaned and could feel blood trickling out of her mouth. Pain wracked her body but she forced herself up and glared death at behemoth of a woman who was cockily smiling at her.

“You definitely hit like a girl.” Miku said out loud as she began stumbling back towards the pair she was just sent flying away from. “That wasn’t shit compared to what that curly haired bastard did though!” Miku yelled in hopes of keeping the attention on herself.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:05 pm
Anton La'croix uses
Great Spear - MT at Jolene
Fast Hopping - LT on self
Iron Exoskeleton - LT on self
UT at Jolene

Jolene uses
MT at Anton
LT at Anton
LT at Anton
UT at Anton
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:05 pm
The member 'Anton La'croix' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 10, 18, 5, 14

#2 'Reflex Check' : 8, 19, 6, 4
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:47 pm
This battle was already off to a rough start. Miku's attacks didn't seem to have any effect on the large woman, and then she was sent flying through the trees with a single swing from that tree trunk. Holy hell that woman was strong! Sure, Miku was able to call out some trash talk afterwards, but Anton was pretty sure that shot had done a number on her.

And now, Anton was left alone with this thing. Jolene laughed at Miku's insult. "Why thank you. This figure of mine doesn't come naturally after all." And then she turned her eyes on Anton. "And now for you pretty boy." Digging her heals in, she swung the massive trunk, aiming to take him out along with Miku. Anton let out a yelp, suddenly jumping straight up, moving faster than expected as the tree trunk swung underneath him. [Fast Hopping - LT active] [Jolene's MT - miss]

Jolene blinked in surprise. She hadn't expected him to move so fast. Looking up, she saw that Anton had morphed into some sort of bug hybrid, the marine's green exoskeleton shining in the fire light. [Iron Exoskeleton - LT active] Jolene let out a small squeal. "A bug? Disgusting!" she brought the trunk up, intent on bringing it down hard onto Anton's head. The blow hit, slamming Anton into the ground. Thankfully his hardened exoskeleton provided some protection, but the blow still hurt. [Jolene's LT - hit]

Anton blinked, quickly recovering, just in time to see Jolene bringing the trunk up to try and pound him into the floor. With a yelp, Anton rolled to the side, the massive tree slamming into the ground. [Jolene's LT - miss] As he rolled, Anton quickly sprang back to his feet, his sword at the ready. He lunged at Jolene, thrusting out his blade as a burst of sharp, compressed air struck her right in the midsection, drawing blood from the large woman. [Great Spear - MT - hit] Jolene let out a shocked yell as she stumbled back, dropping the tree as she looked at the bloody spot on her dress. An ugly snarl spread across her face. "You filthy bug! Hold still!" she yelled out, charging at him and swinging a fist. Anton quickly dodged to the side, before swinging his leg out to kick her in the face. [Jolene's UT - miss] [Anton's UT - hit]

Jolene stumbled, rubbing her cheek, as Anton lept back to give some space between them. Hopefully this would provide Miku some time to get back onto her feet.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:37 am
Miku uses HT Glass Chin on Jolene. Roll 1A.
Miku uses LT Dirty Straight on Jolene. Roll 1B.
Miku uses UT Punch on Jolene. Roll 1C.

Jolene uses LT on Miku. Roll 2A.
Jolene uses UT on Miku. Roll 2C.

edit made to use another LT as Phantom Right was already used, I forgot to change it to another LT.

Last edited by Miku E. Sato on Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total

NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:37 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 10, 17, 5

#2 'Reflex Check' : 4, 10, 18
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:45 am

‘Gah, that hit rang my bell more than I thought.’ Miku thought to herself as she felt the pain and aches in her body refusing to go away. The coppery taste of blood wouldn’t leave her tongue no matter how many times she tried to rinse it away with her own saliva. The shambling form that was the Rowdy Rascal slowly returned to the fight in time to witness Anton land a solid hit on the burly woman. “Good shit, marine boy.” Miku said under her breath, not really caring that she was complimenting a dirty marine.

Miku took a deep breath and began to force her body to ignore all the pain, it was after this that she saw an opening created by Anton’s last second trip. ‘This is my chance!’ Miku thought as she dashed inside of Jolene’s guard as she just finished stumbling from Anton’s last kick.

“Going up!” Miku yelled as she threw all her weight and momentum into a nasty uppercut right into Jolene’s chin. [HT - Glass Chin] The Rascal immediately followed up with a straight while mid-air and finished with a quick kick to create some distance between herself and the surely pissed off woman. [LT - Dirty Straight][UT - kick] Though at the last second Jolene managed to back hand Miku’s retreating form with a light hit, nothing the Rascal couldn’t shrug off. [Jolene’s UT]

"Tch, not bad but I'm better!" Miku taunted as she landed on her feet with only a slight dip as one of her legs, the one that was clipped by Jolene, buckled for a second. "Don't let up on her bug  boy! We got this in the bag!" Miku yelled in a rallying cry as she couldn't help but enjoy the adrenaline pumping through her system. This is what made her feel ALIVE!

[spoiler=COMBAT TRACKERS]
Miku’s STATS:
PLAYER RATIOS:
USED 3 TECHNIQUES | 0 TOGGLES | 0 HAKI:
3 TECHNIQUES ACTIVE | 0 TOGGLES | 1 HAKI ACTIVE:
0 TECHNIQUES COOLING DOWN | 0 HAKI COOLING DOWN:
Jolene STATS:
Jolene RATIOS:
Jolene TECHNIQUES USED:

Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:14 am
Anton La'croix uses
B-Flat - AoE at Jolene
UT at Jolene

Jolene uses
MT at Anton
LT at Anton
LT at Anton
UT at Anton
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:14 am
The member 'Anton La'croix' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 20, 18

#2 'Reflex Check' : 1, 14, 9, 3
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:22 am
It was good to see that Miku was back up and ready to keep on fighting. And, to make things better, she was actually landing some pretty painful blows on Jolene. Now Anton was sure he wasn't seeing things. Something had certainly slowled Jolene down, as the large woman could barely land a hit on Miku, only managing to catch her leg barely.

And, of course, Anton wasn't simply going to sit back and let her do all the fighting. "Over here!" Anton yelled out, catching Jolene's attention as he lept into the air, flying straight towards her. Jolene's eyes widened, reaching to grab the massive tree trunk and swung it at him, intent on swatting him out of the air before the 'disgusting bug' could touch her.

Anton's legs connected with the tree mid swing. And then, there's was a loud burst as the tree seemed to explode into splinters. A small shockwave sent Jolene stumbled back, knocking her to the ground. Her whole body was trembling, and it wasn't because of the adrenaline. She was having a hard time moving. [Jolen's MT - miss] [B-Flat - AoE - hit (crit)

Anton landed on the ground, blinking in surprise. That...had actually worked? Out of all the times he tried to use that technique, it actually worked! He couldn't help but feel a little bit pleased with himself.

Unfortunately, he didn't get time to celebrate this little success when Jolene, in a fit of rage, launched her large body at him, slamming right into him and tackling him to the ground. It wasn't so much the pain from the blow, but more the surprise. [Jolene's LT - hit] Jolene was wild with rage, bringing her arms up to deliver a hammer blow onto Anton's head. Anton let out a yelp, and suddenly kicked himself out from under her, sliding a good distance back to avoid the blow, before springing back to his feet. [Jolene's LT - miss]

Without waiting for a second to give her a chance to recover, Anton launched himself at Jolene, swinging out a leg and kicking her right in the face, causing the large woman to stumble back from the blow. [Anton's UT - hit] Her nose starting to bleed, and growling with frustration, Jolene swung a fist at Anton, only for the marine to nimbly jump back to avoid the blow. [Jolene's UT - miss]

Things were certainly going downhill for Jolene fast. Her movements were sluggish and almost disoriented.

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:47 pm
Miku uses HT Rascal Cannon on Jolene. Roll 1A.
Miku uses UT Punch on Jolene. Roll 1B.
Miku uses Busoshoku Haki.
Toggles Reckless Abandon on.

Jolene uses HT on Miku. Roll 2A.
Jolene uses LT on Miku. Roll 2C.
Jolene uses UT on Miku. Roll 2D.

NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:47 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 20, 7

#2 'Reflex Check' : 2, 15, 16, 5
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:18 pm

Anton was holding his own against the woman very well, not that it surprised Miku too much. The man, bug man, had gone toe to toe against Emi and herself while barely losing. Something she was loathe to admit but the scarring on her shoulder said otherwise. The Rascal covered her eyes when Anton managed to shatter the tree that had been used to send her flying not just moments ago.

The woman couldn’t help but smirk in amusement when Anton landed and seemed proud of himself for that. It was impressive after all, but there wasn’t time to be a spectator forever. He had bought her enough time to recover and use her leg fully again. The pain was still there but it didn’t cause her to buckle so that was good enough. Though as Miku was about to charge back in the now trunkless woman charged and actually tackled Anton to the ground. ‘Shit, that’s never a good place to be.’ Miku thought as she knew most fights ended soon after gaining the height advantage over someone pinned on the ground.

Miku began to run back in when she saw Anton use his powerful legs to actually launch himself out. A golden opportunity presented itself when the bug marine landed another hit right on Jolene's face causing her to actually stumble but stay focused on Anton. Miku adopted a sprinters pose and began channeling her Haki into her arms. Her skin began to darken and harden as well as the muscles underneath it. Miku then dashed full speed with no chance to evade right at Jolene. It was all or nothing, do or die time. [Toggle - Reckless Abandon][Bushoshoku Haki] The Rascal actually let out a yell as she charged straight at Jolene who turned in her frenzy right on time to allow Miku to slam her fist right into her stomach at full speed.

The Rascal hadn’t stopped moving as she was actually trying to punch through the larger woman and kept taking steps and moving her arm forward causing her fist to dig deeper into Jolene’s abdomen. The larger woman’s face contorted in pain as all the air in her lungs was forced out and a strangled cry of pain along with blood and spittle escaped her mouth. It was only a fraction of a second later that she was sent flying back from Miku whose fist was actually smoking from the power of the impact. Jolene went crashing through several trees just as Miku had but unlike the Rascal, Jolene didn’t get back up. [HT (Crit) - Rascal Cannon]

The bluenette took a few deep breaths to calm her nerves as she was feeling the drain of putting all her strength into that one punch. Miku then put both her hands on her knees and bent over slightly as if she was going to barf only to release a roaring laugh. “PFFT, BWAH, HA, HA HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!!” Tears were streaming down her eyes as she couldn’t stop laughing. “Bwah, did, pfft, did you, HA, see her go FLYING?” Miku said as she tried to calm down, wiping her eyes and turning to Anton. “Aaah, hah, that’s was so satisfying. Paybacks a bitch and her name is Miku.” A single thumb was raised as Miku pointed to herself with a satisfied smirk on her face.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:23 am
Anton was aware of how strong Miku could be. After all, they had fought back during the battle of Las Camp, and the girl certainly had a painful right hook to her. But seeing her delivering a crushing blow to Jolene, watching her sending the large woman flying, crashing through several trees. Well, that was just something else entirely. Hell, Anton felt like that hurt, and he wasn't the one being hit by the blow. He stared at the hole amongst the trees where Jolene had flown. He didn't see her getting back up or anything. It looked like she was down for the count. Thinking back on the fight, he really couldn't help but feel bad for her. She didn't seem to have much of a chance with them, outside of that initial strike.

His was pulled from his thoughts by Miku's laughter. The girl looked like she was about to fall over as she laughed at Jolene's predicament. Still, the fight seemed to be over, and they had gotten out of the ambush alright. Anton couldn't help but smile. "Yeah...that was actually easier than I thought it would be," Anton replied, giving a small shrug. "I know I'll probably get in trouble for saying this, but we actually make a pretty good team." Good thing there were no other marines around. He did not need anymore trouble than he was already in.

Anton took the time to take a look around their campsite. The fire had been extinguished in the fighting, now blanketing the place in darkness. The marine let out a small sigh. "And I'm getting the impression others might have heard that little fight. I don't know about you, but I am not looking forward to getting ambushed in the middle of the night again. We should probably get moving before anyone else turns up for a fight."
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:04 pm

After a couple more uncontrollable bursts of giggling Miku managed to regain most of her composure, the adrenaline high still running through her system. Anton's smile was a first for Miku and it didn't look condescending or arrogant as it did on most Marines. It was genuine for once.

"Yeah, we do, I guess."
Miku agreed with only slight hesitation. "She wasn't nearly as tough as fighting you was, so of course it was easy." Miku said in a roundabout way of complimenting him back. At this point she had turned away and refused to give him anymore positive feedback. Not that her face had soured at all, she still had a content smile on her lips.

Anton's point about them attracting attention wasn't wrong, the sound of trees being shattered and thrown about would have easily echoed, especially at night. "As much as I'd love to pretend I'm up for another bout, I'm pretty banged up." Miku admitted with apprehension as she wrapped an arm around her tender ribs.

It was at that moment that Miku realized that she was in much worse condition than Anton was and if he decided to arrest her she wouldn't be able to resist very much. Splitting up would also be dangerous as she was hurt and there could be more people on the way here. These thoughts quickly sobered her adrenaline high and caused her smile to fade away. With a slow turn she gave Anton an apprehensive look as she tried to ignore her worrying thoughts.

"Maybe we could find a nice tall tree to sleep in? You're be surprised how many people never look up. Or a cave if we're lucky, that way any fire we made wouldn't be seen and we'd be protected from the weather." Miku suggested hoping to keep Anton focused on their mutual survival and not notice how weakened she was.

Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:03 pm
Anton blinked at Miku's suggestion. Hiding up in the trees? He looked up at the canopy above them. Well, the forest was pretty dense, and apart from the places that had been torn down by the fighting between the three of them, most of the forest was still intact. Indeed, they could find somewhere secure for them to spend the night in. And who would be looking up in the trees? The forest was dark enough as it was, and one would expect people to be hiding on ground level.

"Sounds good to me," Anton said. If for some reason they fell out, they were tough enough to whether any fall. But as he looked over at Miku, he realized something. The woman had been badly hurt during their fight, despite her confidence. Something told him she might not be in the best shape to be climbing up trees. That...could be a bit problematic. Fortunately, Anton had an idea. He sheathed his sword. "Here," he said, suddenly leaping up and over Miku, landing directly behind her. Four arms wrapped around Miku's body, trying to get a good hold of her, without causing any harm to her. "Hold on."

Using his strong legs, Anton shot straight up into the air, shooting through the branches of the trees. Who needed to climb when you can jump? Holding onto Miku, he looked around for a good place for them to hide out.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord