Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[World Event] A Fool's ErrandYesterday at 8:35 pmVolo Rosso[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:57 amMaxwell[Episode] Corruption of BloodSun Jul 14, 2024 3:51 amYumiko[Episode] Mink-staken IdentityThu Jul 04, 2024 6:28 amYumiko[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSat Jun 29, 2024 9:00 pmGray[Episode] Now, where am I?Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:56 pmGray[Episode] Waking MonstersSat Jun 29, 2024 12:00 pmGray[Abandoned] [Arc] [Tequila Wolf Conquest] The Rotten Lie of Tequila WolfTue Jun 25, 2024 3:23 pmGray[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsSun Jun 23, 2024 5:11 pmGray
Go down
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato
In the Dead of Night [Arc Part 2] - Page 2 Rowdy_10
[tracker=/t600-miku-e-sato#2421]
Name : Miku Etsuko Sato
Epithet : Rowdy Rascal
Height : 5'2"
Weight : 122 lb
Species : Human
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Supernova
Crew : Meddling Kids
Ship : The Scorned Lady
Crew Role : Captain
Bounty : [ber=r] 105,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Shop Discount : 10%
Balance : [bel] 221,877,500
[[baneoftheweak]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[barrelcrazed]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

In the Dead of Night [Arc Part 2] - Page 2 Empty Re: In the Dead of Night [Arc Part 2]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:14 pm

[ seize life with your own hands ]

Miku blinked in surprise at how quickly and casually Anton had accepted her suggestion. It was also during this surprise that Anton had quickly moved behind her and grabbed her with all four of his arms.

A high pitched yelp actually escaped Mikus lips before she could stop herself. A part of her was worried that he was in fact trying to arrest her, another part was yelling that a man was forcefully embracing her, and a small more quiet part of her was surprised at how gently he was handling her.

Of course all these thoughts were vocalized as "Wha- No, let g-, Oh we're in the air now! This isn't ok- I think I'm gonna be- Hey, watch those hands!" And many other objections, accusations, and exclamations of surprise mixed together. The woman wasn't sure if she was angry, scared, or relieved herself. Maybe it was a mix of all three.

Eventually Miku quieted down and got used to the motion of Anton's leaps. If any emotion radiated off of the Rascal it was most likely petulance at being carried like this. Her arms were crossed and a pout firmly set itself on her lips as they leaped from branch to branch.

Anton La'croix
[tracker=/t544-anton-la-croix#2124]
Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
Faction : Marine
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
Quality Score : S
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 1,472,069,543
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[bookworm]][[childofdestiny]]
[[berryprinter]][[punchoutguru]]

Turf : [turf="/t299-turf-details-minion-island#1113"]Minion Island[/turf]

In the Dead of Night [Arc Part 2] - Page 2 Empty Re: In the Dead of Night [Arc Part 2]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:25 am
Anton tried to ignore her objects as he carried her up into the trees. Hey, it was her idea for them to get up here, and out of sight. And that was what Anton was going to do. She was in no condition to climb, so Anton would carry her. Simply enough. As he jumped through the trees, he kept his eyes out for anywhere that would be a good, sturdy place for them to sleep. Fortunately, in this dense forest, there was no shortage of places, but at the same time Anton wanted to put some distance between them and where they had fought.

Finally, he managed to find such a place. Landing carefully amongst the branches, Anton gently set Miku down, making sure she had a good, sturdy place to sit herself. "There, this should about do it." Anton said, moving to a spot of his own. The upside about being an insect zoan, you seemed to have a pretty good sense of balance and grip. After all, insects climbed on things all the time.

He looked down through the branches at the forest floor below. They were pretty well hidden. Nobody would be able to notice them in the dark. now with the fighting over, and the adrenaline thinning out of his blood, fatigue was finally starting to settle on the marine. He gave a small yawn as he slowly shifted back into his human form. "We should be able to get some rest for now. And tomorrow...we put a stop to this and get the hell off of this island. Though how they were going to do that, Anton wasn't so sure.
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:51 pm

Miku’s attitude didn’t improve much during the trip but it did allow her mind to wander, most of those thoughts revolving around the bastard who was currently carrying her. ‘Why was he so trusting? Why hasn’t he tried anything yet? What’s his deal? Why join the dirty corrupt Marines?’ These thoughts along with others swirled in her mind and she couldn’t quell the curiosity that was brimming inside of herself. Even if she asked her questions would he even give her proper answers or simply ignore her. Relationships between Pirates and Marines were easily comparable to water and oil for good reason.

The Rascal was pulled from her thoughts when Anton had stopped leaping after his last landing, she was naturally prepared for another leap but it never came. Instead she was gently, not that she cared, released and put down onto the rather sturdy branch they now occupied. Miku simply nodded in response to Anton’s statement and took a couple of pointed steps away from him, patting herself down and straightening out her clothes despite them being not actually crumpled or anything. She looked back at Anton narrowed her eyes and took a deep breath before releasing it and forcing out what was owed. “Thank you… for the help… Anton.” Miku decided to use his name instead of any one of the multitude of nicknames she had given him thus far. Though she immediately turned away and decided to find a nice spot to declare her own.

The yawn that Anton released was contagious and she couldn’t resist releasing her own. Miku decided to go up against the main trunk of the tree and settle herself right against her, so she could sleep in an upright position in case something happened. As the bluenette got as comfortable as she could while sitting back against the tree she watched Anton morph back into his purely human form. It wasn’t as disgusting as she once may have described it, though that may just be her not being as disgusted by him as a person. Eventually she decided to at least ask one of her questions and see if it could lead to a proper conversation between the two.

“Hey Anton,” Miku said with a slight moment of hesitation as she waited for him to give her his attention. “Why did you become a Marine? Don’t you know how corrupt they are?” The question was genuine and Miku had really only come across the corrupt kind in her life so far, so meeting Anton was definitely a shock. He seemed like what people often described the Marines were supposed to be, but why couldn’t someone like him have been around on Centaurea where people needed him the most? The old bitter feelings of resentment were swirling in her again but for once they weren’t directed at Anton simply for the uniform he wore.

Anton La'croix
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:24 pm
As Anton settled himself into the branches, trying to get himself comfortable for the night, a question from Miku caught his attention. He looked over at the young pirate as she asked why he joined the marines. Sure, he had heard people question why he was in the marines, but that was more because they looked down on him, and those questions had faded after time. This one was really from pure curiosity.

Anton was quiet for a moment, before looking skywards. "It was my brother," Anton replied, "He joined the marines some time ago. Went up in the ranks, pretty much became a hero." He gave a small, sad smile. "We'd always hear about his exploits, battling pirates, protecting innocents, that sort of thing. Mom and Dad, they were so proud of him. Heck, the whole town was proud of him." He remembered those times. Those were good times. When everything seemed so simple.

And then came a sad sigh. "and then...he died. He was killed by pirates. We were devastated when we found out. I mean, who wouldn't be, learning you lost family like that." He was quiet for a moment, before a look of annoyance came across his face. "Well, my parents had grown to like the fame of having a hero in the family, and so got the idea that, well, why not send the other son into the marines. I wasn't the most forceful person back then, and before I know it, I was press ganged into the marines." And he would leave it at that. She didn't need to hear about the hell that was his training, or all the crazy crap he had to go through.

"Sometimes I'm surprised I'm still here. I mean, you think the marines would get rid of a screw up like me. But, well, it hasn't been all bad. At least I'm actually able to help people now, to be able to bring some sense of justice to this crazy world." He glanced over at Miku, who was listening. "Ok, now your turn. What made you go into piracy?"
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:15 pm

The Rascal listened intently as Anton actually answered her question, she had half expected him to ignore her. It was a surprisingly happy tale of family glory and upholding the greater good, something that seemed to fit the man before her quite well. Until he revealed the end of his brother's tale, at the end of pirates. A common story for most Marines who don't manage to retire, or so she had heard. She made no comments about his tale and simply absorbed the information. It was certainly thought provoking, hearing how Anton was practically peer pressured into becoming a Marine. Wasn't family supposed to protect you from such things?

When Anton called himself a screw up Miku actually chuckled a bit. "I don't think you're doing too bad of a job, Anton." Miku said with a teasing tone. "I mean, sure you can't catch me but I'm an unfair comparison to other pirates." There was a small teasing smile on Miku's face as she looked to see Anton's reaction. His ending statement about bring a sense of justice back to a chaotic world really struck a chord with the Rascal and she grew a bit more somber.

"Funny enough, I didn't want to be a pirate at first. Not that most kids probably ever do, I think." Miku started off when the question was tossed back at her. "Why a pirate? To be honest, I was practically labeled one just for standing up for people. Where I'm from, the Marine's aren't dressed as nicely as you." Miku said looking up at Anton's once pristine uniform that she could tell he at least took care of when he wasn't fighting for his life. "Back home, Marines and Pirates were no different. There was no real law, no real governing body, just survival of the fittest. Marines would bully taxes out of people for their protection despite most people having only a single berry to their name. Pirates stole anything that wasn't bolted down with little to no resistance from the Marines. So no real difference." Miku said all this with a distant look on her face as she began to remember her years of surviving along with other kids on the streets of Centaurea.

"So, one day, I find out about a dirty deal between a local 'doctor' and a few of the local Marines. The doctor would take any young troublemakers out of the hands of the Marines in exchange for berries. The Marines made some quick cash and the doc got some fresh subjects. I tried tackling it alone but back then I wasn't as strong as I was now and I was barely able to hold my own against most thugs. However I happened to run into a pirate who was investigating the same rumor I had confirmed, you probably know him by his wanted poster, Magic Man Nathaniel." A fond smile finally appeared on Miku's lips as she remembered meeting the surprisingly kind man. At least, he was kind to her and her little brothers and sisters.

"Together we managed to shut that operation down, and he took all the responsibility despite my involvement. At that point, I had grown tired of my own home and decided to sneak aboard some ships to travel. I couldn't afford to pay passage as I was just an urchin and no one would believe a girl as short as I am would be of any help aboard a ship." Miku looked at Anton with a small pout as if she just accidentally confessed to a crime before smirking mischievously.

"Anyway, I randomly traveled and kept running into scumbags who took advantage of others who were in similar situations as I was. So I would teach them a lesson by beating them within an inch of their lives or until they got the point, including corrupt Marines. Eventually I started getting called the "Rowdy Rascal" because of my tendency to start trouble and... my... stature..." Miku admitted begrudgingly before continuing.

"It was at that point that I was being branded a pirate just for delivering my own brand of justice and helping people. At that point, I couldn't exactly walk up to the Marines and explain my situation, now could I?" Miku asked Anton before immediately continuing her story. "Anyway, I decided to embrace the label and became Miku E. Sato the Rowdy Rascal of the South Blue." Miku threw her fist into the air as if she was punching something neither of them could see above her. With her blue eyes staring into the night sky through the canopy of trees she spoke a random thought that occasionally drifted into her mind on late nights. "Though, I wonder, if I had met someone like you before that, would I be wearing that uniform too?"

It was at this point that Miku realized that she had spoken for quite a while, "Wow, I really went off on a bit there didn't I? Sorry, Anton, hopefully I didn't bore ya to sleep."

Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:30 pm
Anton listened quietly as Miku went through her whole story. The marine's smile slowly faded as everything fell into place. Marine corruption was something Anton was not unaware of, but at the same time, something he hadn't had much experience in. Most of the people he worked with were honest folk. And all it took was a few to ruin it for everyone. Hell, Miku's activities would be more considered vigilantism rather than piracy, and now here she was, with a huge bounty on her head, and wanted by the authorities. He couldn't help but feel like she might have been right. If she had encountered an honest marine like himself, perhaps they would be comrades right now.

When she apologized for talking to much, Anton shook his head. "No, it's fine. I'm...sorry to hear you went through all of that. I just want you to know, we're not all like that. There are many of us that want to help people." he paused, looking at the smaller pirate. "Just like, well, guess there are pirates out there that aren't just blood thirsty plunderers." Granted, there were plenty of them, but there were some good people among them too.

Anton sat back in the branches, looking up at the sky through the leaves. This whole thing, it had turned out much more different than he ever expected it would be. Here he was, hiding up in a tree, with a pirate, while they were fighting for their lives. The world really is a weird place, wasn't it?
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:01 pm

Miku wasn’t sure what to expect after baring so much of her past to Anton, a part of her was mortified that she had spoken so much. Her eyes shone with a rare vulnerability but she refused to make eye contact with the Marine. So when she heard Anton apologize for what she had gone through it hit her rather hard. No one had really listened to her full story since she had set out on her adventure since meeting Nathaniel. Let alone someone who believed her despite how it may sound to anyone other than herself. It actually caused a weight that she hadn’t felt on her shoulder before lightening, as if she had simply gotten used to carrying it.

Her blue eyes actually began watering a bit before she quickly brushed her eyes and made sure to tip her hat down as if she was preparing for sleep. “Yeah, well, I guess we’ll never know now.” Miku said in a wistful tone as she folded her arms and began to settle in for the night. “Hey, Anton.” Miku said as she began to feel the aches and exertion of the day start dragging her to sleep. “You’re alright… for a Marine.” She said sleepily as her head dipped and she began to fall into a much needed slumber.

Dreams of a life that could have been filled her head, her adoptive mother never succumbing to her illness thanks to the medicine supplied from a kind marine. That same marine protecting them from the horrible thugs that ruled Centaurea, all while promising to save as many as he could. Miku growing up and joining the ranks of the Marines to protect her home and her friends. A different version of the Rowdy Rascal that could have been.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord