Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Staff List
ADMIN
"Must I do all the work?"

MODS
"This should go swimmingly."
"Stop bullying me~"
"Need help? Hold my beer."
"I read the whole combat guide."

Go down
Anton La'croix
Tracker

Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
Species : Human
Faction : Marine
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Crew Role : Captain
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
Haki Level : 5
Hitpoints (HP) : 270
Attack (ATK) : 360
Defense (DEF) : 340
Reflex (RX) : 380
Willpower (WP) : 340
Level : 58
Experience Points : 5807
Income Multiplier : +43%
Berries Berries : 187,640,000
[[bookworm]][[hardboiled]][[berryprinter]]
[[atkt4]][[atkt3]][[deft3]][[rxt3]]
Turf : Minion Island;
View user profile

[Episode] A Brief Vacation Empty [Episode] A Brief Vacation

Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:41 am
Quest:
Quest Name: A Brief Vacation
Quest Category: Episode
Player Participants: Anton La'croix (+1)
Planned Location(s): Loguetown - East Blue

Summary: After running himself ragged trying to get Minion up and running, Anton's have decided that the Rear Admiral needs some time off, whether he likes it or not. Deciding to go back home to visit his parents, Anton may find his time off a lot more work than what he left back on Minion.

"Sir, we'll be docking in just a few moments."

"Thank you."

As the seaman closed the door behind him, Anton turned and looked to the things he was packing. His mind was still replaying the events that led up to this moment...

-----Three Days Ago...-----

"A vacation? I can't go on a vacation! There's still so much to do!"

Celia gave a small sigh. "I know, but it's orders from the top. And quite frankly, I agree with them. You've been running yourself ragged these last few days. When was the last time you slept?"

Anton paused and thought for a moment. "What's today?" Yep, just as she thought. Anton had been working non-stop to try and make Minion functional. Taking over and building up an island was one thing, but they were effectively doing this from scratch. "Exactly. You need a break. Somewhere away from Minion. Look, the rest of us will watch things while you're gone. Trust me, it'll be ok. Or do I need to tell the higher ups why you're disobeying orders?"

Damn. Right in Anton's fears. A low blow, but an effective one.

-----Present Day-----

The crewmen were running back and forth, getting the ship ready for port as Anton stepped on deck. He had foregone his usual coat and attire for something a bit more casual, a simple white shirt and black slacks. He still kept his twin swords with him. If life had taught him ANYTHING, it was something will always come at you. He remembered the last time he was here, dealing with assassins after his head.

He looked out at the town before them. It was a bright, sunny day, people milling about peacefully. It brought a small, nostalgic feeling. Anton had missed this. If he had to go on vacation, this was the perfect place.

He had come home to Loguetown.

Post Word Count: 311
Total Word Count: 311
Anton La'croix
Tracker

View user profile

[Episode] A Brief Vacation Empty Re: [Episode] A Brief Vacation

Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:19 am
As Anton walked through the bustling streets of Loguetown, he felt like he did before he joined the marines. People were passing him by, simply going about their business. It reminded him of a happier time.
Of course, Anton had his own destination to get to. Thinking back, he tried to navigate the streets. "Ok, if I remember, it was a right here, down a couple of blocks, then a left..."

As he rounded the corner, he suddenly collided with someone. Anton let out a yelp as he stumbled back, almost falling over. "Owie!"

Anton blinked and looked down at the person he bumped into. A young woman, though a bit tricky to tell thanks to her bulky blue clothing. Her hair was a mess of white, and she looked very pale, almost blue. To his surprise, she seemed dressed for cold weather, despite it being a sunny day.

Lune Shiver:
[Episode] A Brief Vacation Snowmiser

Anton held out a hand to her. "Are you alright Miss?" The woman looked up at him, blinking for a moment longer than necessary. There was something in her eyes before a big smile replaced that expression. "Yep! A-okey! It takes more than a tumble to hurt me!" She took his hand, allowing him to pull her up. He couldn't help noticed her hand was rather cool. "Are you sure? You seem a little, erm, cold?"

The young woman's expression went sour. "Bleh, more like too hot! I don't know about you, but I'm melting here!" Anton squirmed an eyebrow. Too hot? It was actually quite pleasant. Anton was about to suggest she wear something less warm, but that might no be appropriate. Besides, it looked good on her. "Maybe I can get you a cold drink or something?" At that point, Anton realized he never introduced himself. "Oh! Do forgive me, my name's Anton La'croix. May I ask your name Miss?"

She blinked. "My name?" Then a bright smile spread across her face, like she wanted him to ask that. Suddenly, she leaped back, landing gracefully in the middle of the street. A strange, jaunty tune started to play in the air. Anton couldn't pinpoint where it came from, but others were noticing it too, so that rolled out insanity.

Then, bouncing in place, the woman began to sing.

"I'm Missus white winter, I'm Missus snow!
I'm Missus Icicle, I'm Missus ten below!
Friends call me Lune Shiver. Whatever I touch,
Turns to snow in my clutch!
I'm too much!"

As Lune laughed happily, the little show tune took a stranger turn. Several men, dressed in a similar attire to her, started popping out of nearby alleyways and doorways. And they were joining in!

She's Missus white winter, she's Missus snow."

"That's right!" Lune cheered.

"She's Missus icicle, she's Missus ten below."
"They call me Lune Shiver. Whatever I touch,
Turns to snow in my clutch!"
"She's too much!"

"I never want to know a day,
That's over forty degrees.
I'd rather have it thirty, twenty, ten, five,
And let it freeze!"

"Oh, some like it cold, but I like it REALLY cold!"

"She's Missus white winter, she's Missus snow."
"That's right!"
"She's Missus icicle, she's Missus ten below."
"Friends call me Lune Shiver. Whatever I touch,
Turns to snow in my clutch!
Too much!"

"TOO MUCH!"

As Lune's backup singers disappeared whence they came, the bouncy woman landed in front of Anton, just as the song ended. "Nice to meetcha Anty!"

Anton stood there, dumbfounded. He had so many questions. What just happened? Who were those men? What was going on? Instead, all he could get out was, "That...was every nice song Miss Shiver."

Lune giggled almost bashfully, "Aw shucks, thanks Anty. Um, so about that drink. Do you live around here?" Anton blinked and shook his head. "I used to, but for now I'm just visiting. I'm actually staying at my family's inn." Lune let out a giddy laugh. "Aw, that's  cool! Let's go see them together! What's it called?" "Oh, it's the Golden Seaking. You know of it?"

Lune's expression froze, before she rubbed the back of her head. "Yeah, though I just rembered, there's some things I need to do. Maybe next time. I hope to see you around Anty!" And with that, she headed off down the road, bouncing with each step.

Anton stood there, a little confused. He recognized that she was making excuses for and didn't want to go. But why? Had something happened?

Fear suddenly gripped him. Had something happened to his parents?

"Mother! Father!"

Anton took off down the road at top speed.

Post word count: 764
Total word count: 1,075
Anton La'croix
Tracker

View user profile

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:47 am
Anton had never navigated the streets of Loguetown so fast in his entire life. As he closed in on the familiar site of his family's inn, he could see the building was still standing. Good. It hadn't bee destroyed. But that could just mean everyone inside had been murdered! But there was no sign of law enforcement. But that might mean they just hadn't found the bodies yet!

Gripped with panic Anton burst through the front doors. "Mother! Father!"

A stocky man with red hair and a beard looked up from behind the front desk. His eyes lit up at the sight of him at the door. "Anton! You're here!" he paused, seeing the panic on Anton's face. "Son? What's wrong?"

He was alive. Everything was fine. Anton sagged against the doorframe in utter relief. "I'm fine. Thanks Dad." Philip La'croix blinked and then gave a hearty laugh, walking around the desk to approach his son. "Oh Anton, you always were a nervous lad. Good to see something things never change." He helped him up, patting him on the back, before turning towards the inn and calling out. "Chloe! Anton's here!"

There was the sound of hurried footsteps before a plump woman with graying brown hair in a bun came through the door, eyes lighting up happily. "Anton! Oh it's so good to see you!" She rushed over to hug him, which Anton returned with a smile. "It's good to see you too Mom."

While Anton's mother gushed over how her son had grown and the like, his father collected his things, bringing them up to the room he would be staying in. His mother then ushered him into the inns dining area, before making them tea.

"We've been keeping up with everything that's been going on," his mother said with a big smile. "The battle of Las Camp, you liberating Minion Island, and even protecting a foreign prince! Oh we're so proud of you! If only your brother could be alive to see you now." If Basil had been alive, Anton would never have gotten into the marines in the first place. Though he kept that part quiet. As his father returned, his mother gave him a small smile. "So, tell us Anton. How's your crew? Are they good people? Found...anyone yet?" Any son knew that smile. The smile of a woman who very much wanted to see their son find someone and before long give her grandchildren. Anton flushed in embarrassment. "Mother! N-No, I haven't found anyone. And my crew are some fine people." Though he did leave out his attraction to Yumiko. Unfortunately the woman from Wano thought the most romantic thing someone could do was die in their arms.

Anton shook his head, trying to focus his thoughts. "B-But how are you all doing? How's the inn doing? Seems a bit quiet at the moment." Philip laughed. "Not at all! In fact, the place is packed! We were only able to save a room for you because we reserved it before hand."[/b] Anton blinked in surprise. But, where was everyone? "A large group is staying here. They all came together. Can you imagine?" his mother explained. A large group huh? "This group wouldn't happen to include a woman in blue with white hair, would it?" Anton asked, remembering Lune's reaction to hearing about the inn. Chloe blinked in response. "No, not that I know of."

Before Anton could ask further, a voice spoke up.

"Excuse me. Am I interrupting?"

Post Word Count: 584
Total Word Count: 1,659
Anton La'croix
Tracker

View user profile

Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:20 pm
Mother, father and son all looked towards the doorway. Standing there, looking at them, was a young woman. She was dressed in a simple red dress that came down to her knees, with red hair with blonde highlights that made it almost appear like flame. There was something about her. She gave off a sense of, what was the word? Not warmth. Heat.

Sol Cinder:
[Episode] A Brief Vacation Heatmiser

Chloe La'croix smiled. "Oh, not at all Miss. Please, come in. Have a seat. This is our son, Anton." Ah yes, the tell tale words that often meant 'please come and meet my son, and maybe marry him.' Anton tried to resist the urge to roll his eyes, instead giving the woman a sheepish, apologetic look. Of course, his mother completely missed all of that. She looked over at Anton with an excited smile. "Anton, this is one of our guests. This is Miss-" "If you don't mind," the woman politely interrupted, a small smile appearing on her face, "I would like to handle my own introductions."

And then, there it was. That familiar tune playing in the air, though this time it was a slower tempo. As his parents looked around in confusion, the woman, looking right at Anton, started to sway languidly, and started to sing.

"I'm Missus green summer, I'm Missus sun.
I'm Missus heat blister, I'm Missus hundred and one.
They call me Sol Cinder, whatever I touch,
starts to melt in my touch.
I'm too much."

Anton's eyes moved towards the nearby stairs. As if on cue, and Anton predicted, several men in red attire came down the stairs. Strange how he wasn't surprised by this point.

"She's Missus green summer, she's Missus sun,"
"That's right."
"She's Missus heat blister, she's Missus hundred and one."
"They call me Sol Cinder, whatever I touch,
starts to melt in my clutch."

"She's too much."

"Thank you."

"I never want to know a day that's under sixty degrees.
I'd rather have it eighty, ninety, one hundred degrees!"

"Oh some like it hot, but I like it really hot."
Sol giggled.

"She's Missus green summer, she's Missus sun."
"Sing it!"
"She's Missus heat blister, she's Missus hundred and one."
"They call me Sol Cinder, whatever I touch,
starts to melt in my clutch.
I'm too much."

"TOO MUCH!"

As the music came to an end, Sol sat herself down besides Anton. "It's a pleasure to meet you Anton. Your mother here's told me so much about you." "Really? I can't imagine why," Anton didn't even seem phased by the musical number now, giving his mother a look. Chloe seemed to get the message giving a sheepish smile. Sol nodded and smiled. "Indeed. A Rear Admiral of the marines huh? Well, I wont hold that against you." She leaned in close. A little too close. Anton flushed brightly, quickly jumping to his feet.

"Oh! Well, um, it was very nice to meet you Miss Cinder, but it's been a long trip," he gave a long yawn, "And I really should get some rest. I-I hope to see you around. This really is a lovely inn. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay. If you'll excuse me."

Anton quickly made his exit, heading upstairs to his room. His life in the marines had prepared him for many things, but getting hit on was not one of them.

Post Word Count: 560
Total Word Count: 2,219
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord