Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[World Event] A Fool's ErrandThu Jul 25, 2024 8:35 pmVolo Rosso[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:57 amMaxwell[Episode] Corruption of BloodSun Jul 14, 2024 3:51 amYumiko[Episode] Mink-staken IdentityThu Jul 04, 2024 6:28 amYumiko[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSat Jun 29, 2024 9:00 pmGray[Episode] Now, where am I?Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:56 pmGray[Episode] Waking MonstersSat Jun 29, 2024 12:00 pmGray[Abandoned] [Arc] [Tequila Wolf Conquest] The Rotten Lie of Tequila WolfTue Jun 25, 2024 3:23 pmGray[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsSun Jun 23, 2024 5:11 pmGray
Go down
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
[Saga] Project A.E.G.I.S - There's A Witch Among Us G7UGK6I
[tracker=/t980-castor-o-nox#4771]
Name : Castor O. Nox
Epithet : Sanpaku | The Azure Pheasant | Duke Of Lvneel | Saint Nox
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 175lbs
Species : Three-Eye Tribesman
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Blockbuster
Alliance : -
Crew : Nox Pirates
Ship : The Wailing Calamity
Crew Role : Captain | Navigator | Book Collector | Pride Sin
Devil Fruit : Goro Goro no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 620,000,000
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (To all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf); +0.10 (Blockbuster); +0.20 (To all allies)
Shop Discount : -20%
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 96,000,000
Balance : [bel] 2,470,815,020
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[dreamsneverdie]]
[[bookworm]][[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

[Saga] Project A.E.G.I.S - There's A Witch Among Us Empty [Saga] Project A.E.G.I.S - There's A Witch Among Us

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:39 am
Quest Details:

[Saga] Project A.E.G.I.S - There's A Witch Among Us Tumblr_loycn2ekZp1qzj0r9o1_500

Sanpaku (산빠쿠)

As the wind dances,
A witch hides among the waves.
A gleeful mood - derived from haunting days.
O Hark! The pure of mind!
For times of joy evade.
A witch hides among the heathens,
Whispering spells disguised as grace.

Twin Cape - Grandline

The Wailing Calamity’s jolly roger flew gallantly against the early morning breeze. The sounds of shoes shuffling against enemy decks filled the empty space in Castor’s mind.

Newport, a veteran in these affairs, took over command of the planning. Turning the ship starboard, the foot soldiers on both sides aligned and prepped their cannons for the protracted volleys ahead.

The cove's exit was strategically guarded, five vessels spread along its mouth, with the largest flagship in the center upon which the Rear Admiral stood.

However, Clevis had an unspoken advantage. One that kept Castor's eyes plastered onto the Log Pose on his wrist.

The time it takes for the Pose to adapt varies per route and if given enough time, he could research the quickest path to Water 7.

The first cannonball sank two meters from the Wailing Calamity. An opening gesture of the naval pursuer as to say, 'Shall we?'

Continuing to sail, Newport ordered open fire to eastern side of their formation. Ignoring the other vessels, as his plan was to escape. Power meant nothing in a naval battle, the amount of ships and experience on the water did.

Five to one wasn't exactly a bet he was willing to take with this particular ship.

Masterfully, Clevis remained at his position, ordering the two western ships to follow the Calamity at its flank. The vessel was huge and slow, great for taking hits but escaping truly wasn't the Nox Pirate's vessel's greatest strength.

Within no time, the two vessels caught up. Two to the south and the same two from the east, now Newport's north, both opening fire at the ship's rudder and sails in an attempt to sink the vessel.

‘KABOOM’

The noise echoed across the deck as one of the sails on the Calamity’s deck was trashed, ruined from cannonball fire. Two remained.

“Fuck!” Newport exclaimed, scrambling for the Den Den Mushi communicator. “Damage report?! Don’t stop firing! Aim for their hulls!”

However, Newport’s words fell on dead ears. For a lot of these men, this was their first time on the sea. Simple sailing they’d all participated in but due to the time of peace on Lvneel, many of them hadn’t ever experienced a battle at sea.

One on one, on a battlefield, these men would have all the tactical expertise but on the water, much like a child with floaties, there’s only so much that could be done in the first swimming lesson.

A doggie paddle.

Eyes locked onto the Log Post, Castor walked over to the Den Den, and relayed the situation.

“One of the masts has been destroyed.” Castor stated calmly.

“You seem to be pretty relaxed Nox. Get your men into gear!”

“It’s not the main mast, we can still sail. We’ll just lose some speed. At this stage, whatever route the Log Pose latches onto, that’s the direction we’ll have to take it. Just buy us some time and stop yelling in my ears, I'm trying to concentrate.”

“Easier said than done twerp!” Newport barked, hanging up the transponder.

Swerving the ship east, only moments away from the vessels to the North, Newport used the speed of the vessels behind him against them. With a slow switch of course, the two ships were now in firing range of the Calamity's main cannons.

“Fire!” Castor shouted, the Captain’s voice pierced the wall of fear that encapsulated the sea dog’s hearts.

The one command they understood, loading the canons, rapid volleys wetted the enemy vessels, no real aim or skill was needed at this point. They were too close, moving too fast and perfectly positioned in firing range due to Newport’s mastery at the helm. Within seconds, the two vessels were riddled with holes, sinking into Poseidon's abyss.

Sipping his tea, “Oh-ho. They do have a skilled helmsman aboard. Impressive.” Clevis declared.

“Rear Admiral! The two vessels from the Bounty Hunter’s association have been sunk.” one of the marines reported.

“I can see that. Very clearly, deputy.”

“Those men belonged to-”

“Oh-hoho… No need to worry, Nox signed his own fate. I’ve accomplished what needs to be done.”

Puzzled, the deputy couldn’t quite understand the old coot’s logic at all.

Circling around the sunken vessels, Newport began to b-line for the western side of the cove that now was left unmanned. Several scores of rope latched onto the vessel as it passed, a few of the bounty hunters began to scale the side of the ship.

Looking over the side of the deck with a murderous grin, Minerva drew her blade from within her parasol, cutting each grapple one by one.

“Bye bye lovies.” she’d announced, blowing the men kisses.

A group of about sixteen managed to evade the ex-bounty hunter's blade, attempting to open fire with the pistols on their person. The Kabuki Mad Scientist intercepted them, and the Ten Footer released a flume of smoke to cloud the men’s vision.

“The Captain's a bit busy… So I shall be taking up the role of entertaining you a lot today.”

Coughing and wheezing, the blinded men began to open fire on the tin man but the bullets just sunk into his armor.

“How rude… Not even an introduction and we’ve already started a pointless dance. Anyway. The smog you just inhaled should be taking effect in… 3… 2… 1… Showtime.” Duke teased.

One after another, the men’s hands began to shake violently.

“I call it my Nerve Powder Version 2!

Version 1 was a little too unstable but this is a reformed work of art. First, it attacks the nervous system, pretty much getting this gas in your eyes or mouth is quite enough for a point of entry.

Symptoms vary but generally loss of motor skills, diarrhea, internal bleeding, lack of oxygen to the brain etc. Long term effects, erectile dysfunction-”

All of the men shouted in agony at the last symptom.

Picking a large metal beam, “I was just jesting at the last one chaps. However, I truly enjoyed the looks on your face but we must part. Ta-ta.” Duke declared, swinging the beam like a baseball bat, launching each of the men into the sea.

Word Count: 1060
Castor'sTracker

Last edited by Castor O. Nox on Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

[tracker=/t980-castor-o-nox#4771]
Name : Castor O. Nox
Epithet : Sanpaku | The Azure Pheasant | Duke Of Lvneel | Saint Nox
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 175lbs
Species : Three-Eye Tribesman
World Position : Blockbuster
Alliance : -
Crew : Nox Pirates
Ship : The Wailing Calamity
Crew Role : Captain | Navigator | Book Collector | Pride Sin
Devil Fruit : Goro Goro no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 620,000,000
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (To all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf); +0.10 (Blockbuster); +0.20 (To all allies)
Shop Discount : -20%
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 96,000,000
Balance : [bel] 2,470,815,020
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[dreamsneverdie]]
[[bookworm]][[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

[Saga] Project A.E.G.I.S - There's A Witch Among Us Empty Re: [Saga] Project A.E.G.I.S - There's A Witch Among Us

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:28 am
[Saga] Project A.E.G.I.S - There's A Witch Among Us T75uQnE

Sanpaku (산빠쿠)

Clevis sprung into action the moment the Calamity altered its course, with the western ships sunk, he’d maintain his position in the center and order one of the easternmost ships to advance slowly to the west.

Within moments, Newport had caught on to the plan and it involved the Wailing Calamity being a sitting duck for three ships worth of canon fire.

What played out next was a standard exchange of volleys, with the Nox Pirates' ship losing speed; now surrounded in a triangular formation, the vessels began to beat down against the bleached sea king carcass that made up the haunted vessel.

Newport didn’t waste time advancing East, he’d abandon the idea of even waiting on Castor’s command any longer.

Nox was frozen, it wasn’t like his usual calm demeanor. Though he’d been waiting for the Log to set, the minutes felt like hours and he was drenched in sweat as the voices of his men sounded like pitched up vocals funneled through a long tunnel.

The Captain’s hands shook, as his third eye quivered at the sound of turmoil and the scent of blood caused a nauseating surge of bile from his stomach into his mouth.

Minerva looked on in awe, something was different from the Nox she’d meant on Lvneel. Something had triggered a change in Nox during their escape from the island, at least that was her theory but what was actually going on was much more layered.

“Clear a path Nox’!”

Similar screams were echoed from Jazzy and even Red Devil but none of them penetrated. The images of the victims from Lvneel pinned the man’s feet to the haunted vessel, with a silhouette of his father whispering in his ear.

“This is the cost of victory with war. The deaths of your enemies stain much more than clothes or weapons.

Some call it the murderer’s curse. A consequence of the spoils.”
the hallucination murmured into Castor’s ears.

Needless to say, the voices never penetrated Castor’s psychotic fit, the Wailing Calamity was riddled with holes, quickly taking on water but with help from Minerva and Duke, they’d manage to sink the ship blocking their path and escape into the Open Sea.

¼ of the Newly bolstered Nox Pirates died in that exchange.

Clevis reported to the nearby Bases of Castor’s direction and fleeing of the Naval battle.

It’d take Red Devil about three days to minimize the damages with what supplies they’d have aboard the ship.

Nox stayed in the same position on the deck for all that time quivering in fear still.

Eventually the Log Pose had set towards an island, however, it wouldn’t be the dreamt Water 7. On the fourth day, Newport had enough.

Punching Castor in the face, the veteran pirate would begin to pummel the Captain. The strike from Newport’s fist snapped the man back to reality, and for the first time in days, Castor collapsed from exhaustion.

After he’d awaken, he’d find Duke monitoring his vitals. The knights on the vessel were terrified at the fate of the Golden Masked hero of Vana.

As light casted over Castor’s eyes, Duke hovered over the Captain’s bed as he’d sit in his colossal structure.

“You’re awake. It’s been almost a week since The Twin Cape incident. While you were frozen, we’d been attacked by several marine vessels and after you passed out the weather conditions weakened the patches I’ve made to the ship.”

Moving his hands and feet joints, Castor had seemingly been freed from the Frozen Spell that had rendered the Captain motionless earlier.

“I’m not much of a doctor but I know basic biology and I’m quite the chemist so I’ve run a few tests on your blood.

I’ve asked for no one to enter this room because I think you should be the first to know. You’ve been poisoned. Whoever did it wanted to mask it as a psychological issue as well.”

“P-Poisoned. Explain Duke.”

“It’s called Black Widow. It’s a rare poison that is harmless in small amounts but if administered in enough doses it can cause hallucinations, night terrors and paralysis.

From the levels in your blood, it’s been going on for about, I’d say a month now.”

“Intriguing. Someone on the crew has been trying to kill me?”

“Oh-ho-ho. That's a pretty calm response. I guess you are back for now... You are a wanted man.

Someone who not many would want to face head on either. The antidote for Black Widow can be found in an elixir made from a plant called Cocoa Jaba.

It’s pretty common in markets along Paradise.

Unfortunately, until we find that plant, you’ll be suffering from more bouts like these randomly. It’s important to remember that whatever you’re seeing or hearing isn’t real Nox.”

Exhaling a plume of smoke, “However, what’s even more pressing is the issue… There’s a witch among us.”

Scrambling to check the Log Pose, Castor noted that it’d been set. Stumbling out of the room onto the deck, the cheers from the worried soldiers filled the deck at their Captain’s liveliness.

Checking the sky, Castor beckoned for one of his soldiers to bring over his navigation kit to determine their current location among the maps he’d been hoarding on Lvneel and Flevance.

“Namakura.”

Several Hours Later - Namakura

[Saga] Project A.E.G.I.S - There's A Witch Among Us Original

Sitting in the dimly lit room, the family of three positioned themselves around the red pentagram drawn on the floor.

“Come… Hither to us Our Dark Lord. Our people have been plundered by the Long-Armed Devils.

You! King of all Evil… You are the only one we can call on in these times to save us from them.”
the Father of the Family, Babadook shouted.

Shaking convulsing with whitened pupils, the man began the ritual as his daughter watched in disbelief.

“I can’t believe these old crones believe in this ‘magic’ bullshit. The Devil can’t save us.

Only the mafia can… If we can’t pay our dues… It doesn’t matter what supernatural God we pray to, no one is coming to save us.

Besides… I’m a woman of science.”
the only child, Karin theorized internally.

“Take my body Dark Lord! Save us from the path ahead!” Karin’s mother, Lilith, announced.

“Mom! Eew!” Karin barked in response.

“This is ridiculous. I’m going to work.” Karin shouted, lunging from a seated position to blow out all of the candles in the room.

“This isn’t even real blood you made the symbol out of… It’s paint from the smuggler ports. This whole plan is bogus.

How many times do I have to tell you… I’m a woman of science. I don’t believe in God’s in the sky or Devil’s down below. We all live and end up dying in a shitter of a box.

What we do in between is in our hands.”
Karin declared, walking over to a cabinet to tuck a pistol into her waist, as she’d then adjust her work outfit in the mirror, in preparation to weather the stormy conditions on the outside to do her hours in the pub.

“Karin! That’s enough of your blasphemous words! Forgive her Dark Lord!” Lilith shouted as her teenage daughter would look on in disgust.

Sighing, “Look. Maybe in the past this mumbo jumbo worked…

I’ll give you that as a potential hypothesis but this is the age of piracy…

Power rules. Our family’s behind on several payments to the Mafia and the Masters are coming in two days.

Ya’ll can stick around this shitter and pray all you want but no one’s coming to save-”

Before Karin could finish her sentence, a loud roar of thunder clapped and the ceiling of their wooden hut collapsed with a massive bang. In the center of the pentagram, lied the unconscious body of Castor O. Nox.

“Dark Lord!” Lilith and Babadook shouted.

“Eh.” Karin exclaimed in disbelief.

The dilated pupils of Castor’s three eyes coincided with the teachings of the Occult followers' scriptures.

“Praise him!” Babadook exclaimed with vigor.

Babadook and Lilith both shot smug grins at their non-believer daughter in between bowing.

“Eh.” Karin exclaimed once again, completely shook in disbelief with squinted eyes.

Character Log -Namakura :

Word Count: 2319
Castor'sTracker

[tracker=/t131-tracker-gray-starks#504]
Name : Gray
Epithet : "The Conqueror"; "Black Fist"
Height : 10'2" (310 cm)
Weight : 1043 lbs (473 kg)
Species : Cyborg Human
World Position : Lurking Legend (Former Yonkou)
Crew : Black Fist Pirates (Destroyed)
Ship : Sangria's Vane (Destroyed)
Crew Role : Captain (Former)
Devil Fruit : Pressure-Pressure Fruit
Bounty : [ber=r] 5,000,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.20
Shop Discount : -30%
Balance : [bel] 25,000,000,000
[[strollingdeath]][[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[childofdestiny]][[freakofnature]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Saga] Project A.E.G.I.S - There's A Witch Among Us Empty Re: [Saga] Project A.E.G.I.S - There's A Witch Among Us

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:15 pm
Thread archived upon request.

Granting some berries for the wasted effort:
Old balance: [[ico-b-g]] 134,584,688
New balance: [[ico-b-g]] 150,000,000
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord