Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Today at 7:01 amMaxwell[Episode] A unusual meet upWed Apr 24, 2024 1:33 pmRaysha Valentine[Episode] [Transportation] A Grand OpeningMon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 pmSkoll[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSun Apr 21, 2024 11:24 pmGray[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsSun Apr 21, 2024 11:19 pmGray[Episode] The Bloody ChamberSun Apr 21, 2024 12:31 pmNoah[World Event] A Fool's ErrandSun Apr 21, 2024 6:44 amYumiko[Market] [Trade] Trading ForumSat Apr 20, 2024 5:47 pmGray[Episode] Ancient Blood ArisesSat Apr 20, 2024 4:11 pmNaoki
Go down
Yumiko
Yumiko
[tracker=/t1347-yumiko#7408]
Name : Yumiko
Epithet : Kamaitachi
Height : 5'5'' / 165 cm
Weight : 128 lbs. / 58 kg
Species : Human
Faction : Civilian
Devil Fruit : Ita Ita no Mi, Model: Kamaitachi
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 2,278,965,048
[[baneoftheweak]][[dragonheart]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Saga] [Part 1] Enter the Red Cap Pirates! - Page 2 Empty Re: [Saga] [Part 1] Enter the Red Cap Pirates!

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:13 am
‘Mustardseed’ flinched when ‘Oberon’ forbade her from saluting. Ah, she forgot! She was not Yumiko right now. Nay, she was supposed to be a pirate, cruel and crude. With a hasty nod she tried to correct herself. “Erm, aye aye mas-captain. Yarr.” Even her acting came off as stiff and unnatural.

She truly despised lying...

Fortunately, the surrounding foes seemed to buy the excuse. Murmuring in understanding, they gave the weird woman some space. There were all sorts of sad oddballs in the world. What was one more?

The swordwoman’s shoulders heaved and head drooped with a solemn sigh. She cast a quizzical towards Sir An-uh... Puck. “Y-yes... I... understand...” Giving back only a weak whisper, she looked around hesitantly. Her hand instinctively reached for her waist... only to find nothing there.

Right... Mustardseed didn’t wield a katana...

Splitting off from the group, the anxious wreck slipped into the crowd. Strange, new sensations assaulted her sharp senses. Scents, sounds, sights... Wait, something smelled familiar. She sniffed the air tentatively. Yes, there was no mistaking the sting of this intoxicating, dizzying scent.

‘Mustardseed’ followed her nose, while keeping an eye on her surroundings. Her keen gaze sought out potential escape routes, but everything looked too risky. It felt like traversing through the den of wild beasts. Honestly, she would’ve preferred beasts to this... Predators were open with their intentions. Pirates would sometimes pretend to be friendly before trying to kill you.

Lost in thought, the swordswoman accidentally bumped into someone. Or something. Her skull rang with a metallic clang as she staggered back. “Ow...” Holding her head, she paused and looked up at the towering shadow before her.

Standing taller than most men, an armored warrior blocked her path. Thick steel plates covered the massive torso and powerful limbs. The bulky helmet’s red visor gleamed in the light, hiding the stranger’s identity.

The Marine gawked at the figure. “Y-you are...” She quickly caught herself and bowed her head. “My apologies. I wasn’t looking where I was going. Please excuse mine rude blunder.” She hurriedly stepped past the mountain of metal and vanished into the crowd.

Meanwhile, a short man in similar armor glanced after the fleeing stranger. His helmet, however, was simply an upturned bucket with eyeholes. “What’s wrong, Commander? Someone you know?” His question was met with a deep rumble echoing against cold metal.

“Is of nothing. We go.”

With a slow, rhythmic march of heavy footsteps, the armored stranger headed towards the pavilion. A squadron of imposing and equally fortified men followed along. Their chests all shared the same insignia: a sea urchin with a knight helmet.

The wounded woman tried to calm her hammering heart. Close, much too close. From that point onward, she stalked between the stalls, shying away from everyone. Her nose still twitched, as a familiar scent called to her. It promised courage and safety... With just a sip.

Little did the weasel realize that her nose was leading her towards an incredibly popular location. As she got closer, she found herself walking past people holding frothing mugs. After all, what kind of pirate would say no to grabbing a drink?

Words: 526
Total: 3630
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai
[tracker=/t1576-ryoichi-ayugai#8716]
Name : Ryoichi Ayugai
Epithet : The Boxing Bear
Height : 6 feet 1 inch (1.85m)
Weight : 198 lbs (95kg)
Faction : Marines
Crew : Blue Fist Academy
Ship : SSS Rocky
Marine Rank : Rear Admiral
Crew Role : Grandmaster
Devil Fruit : Kuma-Kuma no Mi (Bear-Bear Fruit) Model: Polar Bear
Quality Score : A
Income Bonus : +0.15 (Rear Admiral); 0.20 (to all allies)
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 50,000,000
Balance : [bel] 485,600,807
[[baneoftheweak]][[dreamsneverdie]][[childofdestiny]][[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

[Saga] [Part 1] Enter the Red Cap Pirates! - Page 2 Empty Re: [Saga] [Part 1] Enter the Red Cap Pirates!

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:05 pm
"Sure sure, go ahead, have to fun everyone. But soon gather to the hall where Puck is." he waved his hand dismissively, freeing others from following him around. He, of course, had other plans for himself. It was the carnival after all. The land of food stalls was awaiting him, and his nose was leading him to the main 'street' that had different stalls, all the way to the main arena.

Foods, drinks, carnival games, you name it. All set in neat rows, for people to come and enjoy. Who knew pirates were up to these kinds of things... But that did not bother Ryoichi one bit. He began to stroll through the 'street' and eye each stall up and down. While walking and eyeing the stalls, he couldn't help but sniffle his nose at all the scent of sweet and savory, with some scent of alcohol mixed in it.

This all was enough for Ryoichi to get his mouth salivating, and eventually, he did a hard stop at one of the stalls. His eyes widened as he was eyeing the goods. Oh what to choose, what to choose. But then one should ask themselves, why choose when you can have one of each that you desire? And that's what Ryoichi had decided to do. "I'll have one of these... And then one of this. Oh, also one of these, that looks weirdly delicious... And, hmm... What is this?"

The choice contained battered chicken, a sausage on a stick, a bowl of takoyaki, and, lastly, a mysterious gree and blue, almost cotton-looking type of food item, if it was a food item. The sweet young lady who was the stall owner then explained to the clueless weird flamboyant-looking man. "It's called cotton candy. Fluffy, sweet.". For a moment, Ryoichi had a slight disgust on his face as he had heard the word 'sweet'. The man is not a fan of them, except when it's granny made, then there's no escape from it.

"Eh, what the heck, one of those too.". The order was set, and the hand reached out. The payment was due. When usually, Ryoichi moved his hand into the pocket to grab the wallet, he now, however, stood there, hands combing all over his clothes... He has no pockets! And hence, no money... A tragedy. "Can't I go without pa..-" "GIVE ME MY BERRIES OR GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!". The sweet look shifted into that of a demon within seconds.

Ryoichi waved his hands in front of him and began apologizing. "Sorry sorry! Please hold onto these for me and I shall go get some berries quickly.". Without wanting to cause any more trouble as it is, he moved away from the stall. His best bet to get some money now was to find one of the crew members... But where had they all gone to?

Only one name popped to his head whose location he knew. Anton, aka Puck. He was in the big ceremony hall, and that's where Ryoichi was now heading to. It took some struggling but he got into the main hall and through the thick crowd. Luckily, finding Anton was not hard... He was wearing a red cap. Upon approaching, he saw a couple of other pirates having a conversation with him, some of it sounding that of threatening even.

"We have a problem here lads? the flamboyant 'Oberon' was looking downwards at the red mohawk carrying man. This was no time nor place for trouble, but if there was trouble here where fists began to fly, he wanted to be in it!

[601/4084/20000]
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
[tracker=/t544-anton-la-croix#2124]
Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
Faction : Marine
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Crew Role : Captain
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 1,472,069,543
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[bookworm]][[childofdestiny]]
[[berryprinter]][[punchoutguru]]

Turf : [turf="/t299-turf-details-minion-island#1113"]Minion Island[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:05 pm
Before the group could head out, Anton was a little surprised to see none other than his 'captain' walking up to them. It seemed he had misinterpreted their conversation and was looking to intervene. At least he wasn't coming off as threatening. "Nothing to worry about captain," Anton replied, before turning to Greed. "Greed, this is my captain, Oberon," then back to Ryoichi, "Captain, this is Greed Nay. Captain of the Misfit Pirates."

Greed stared at 'Oberon' for a moment before looking back at 'Puck'. "When ya said "dress me like a pixie", was THIS what you were talkin' about?" Anton gave a small sigh, "'fraid so." "Aw hell no!" Greed yelled out, much to the laughter of his crewmates, "No way I hell am I losin' to you lot!" "Oh, I dunno," said one of the Misfits, a woman with pink hair, "Seems awfully buff for a fairy."

Anton smiled, hoping that was enough to defuse any tensions. He looked back to Ryoichi. "We were just about go get some drinks. Come join us captain." He was a little surprised Ryoichi was already done with the food.

-----@^@-----

The beer tent was absolutely packed. Anton was a little surprised just how many people were here. "Good lord. At this rate, everyone will be too plastered for the games," he murmured.

Greed gave a shrug. "Eh, just makes things easier for us. Now, if you'll allow me," he took a step towards the crowd, took a deep breath, and then...

"OI YA FUCKS! MOVE IT! WE'RE TRYIN' TO GET A FUCKIN' DRINK 'ERE!"

The sheer pipes on that man could give Anton's own screams a run for their money. Many of the clustered people jumped back to avoid being deafening. The crowd began to part for the group as Greed had a smug look on his face. "Right this way mates," he chuckled as he swaggered towards the bar. Anton gave Ryoichi a shrug and followed.

Post Word Count: 325
Total Word Count: 4,694

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:29 am
Booze brought people together. That’s why the beer tent was the place to be right now. A colorful crowd filled every corner. Ale flowed like golden rivers from the mugs to mouths. A chorus of jolly laughter accompanied every good quip and funny tale.

Despite staring for several minutes now, ‘Mustardseed’ refused to believe her eyes. No, this was not right... They... were acting like regular people. But she knew their real nature. Behind every smile was a cold-blooded criminal.

The wounded woman gritted her teeth. Her hands balled up into fists. Because of their twisted, cruel behavior, honest civilians suffered. Somewhere a young child lost a parent over a couple of coins. Elsewhere, an elderly person was too afraid to sleep at night. So why...? How could these wretches be this carefree?

However, the toxic thinking was suddenly cut short. The weasel woman flinched. A crude shout pierced her skull like a harpoon. Collapsing onto her knees, she clutched her ears. Someone noticed her blight and knelt beside her. He asked something, but the words couldn’t reach her ringing mind.

Hastily, ‘Mustardseed’ scampered back onto her feet. Excusing herself, she slipped through the parting crowd like a fish escaping into a wave. She had to stay moving. Her plan was short and simple... First she had to get a sip of liquid courage, then she would continue charting this island.

Unfortunately, the overly-honest warrior was not ready for the sight that awaited her. Reaching the edge of the crowd, she spotted some familiar faces. A painful shock shot through her mind when she saw them being friendly with a pirate. “Master...? Sir Ayugai...? No... This cannot be...” She muttered softly beneath her breath. It was just for the sake of the mission, she tried to assure herself.

Yet the painful shock still lingered...

Reminiscent of a predator stalking through a thick forest, the weasel woman hid in the crowd. She didn’t want to be spotted by her allies like this. Not here. Slowly she slipped closer to the counter. Just one drink... Then she would go... One drink would be enough...

Words: 351
Total: 3981
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai
[[baneoftheweak]][[dreamsneverdie]][[childofdestiny]][[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:00 pm
"Losin', huh?" Ryoichi asked with similar slang, in fact, his voice even contained a slight mocking of the accent that Greed had, but, he probably did not hear it as he was too busy laughing. He shrugged to himself and turned his head to ask what he came to this tent for in the first place. "Hey Puck, got some ber...-"

Even his question got interrupted by the laughing misfits and then the suggestion by 'Puck' who had told him to come for the beer. He couldn't even say no until Puck was already moving the beer tent way with the Misfits. But Ryoichi the 'Oberon' did not stop with his question. Oh no, he was dead set on filling his heart and stomach with all the unhealthy goodies from the stalls.

"Puck, Ber...- Watch it! This was just washed!" his question once more got interrupted, this time by a drunk who was carrying a pitcher full of beer. It was a close call. Upon impact, the flamboyant and nice set of clothes would have been ruined, and perhaps even, some teeth would have flown around the tent. Thankfully, the drunkard can consider himself lucky, as Ryoichi had managed to dodge the man just in time. "Now where was I..."

And off from the sight, the group was. All it took for Ryoichi was one drunkard and he had lost Puck and the Misfits. But finding Misfits was an easy task. Their colorful hairstyles were a dead giveaway. So he simply had to tiptoe himself up a bit to see a bit over the crowd, as much as he could, since he was not the tallest of the crowd either. But upon search, he managed to pinpoint some colorful bunch, but he also could pinpoint someone he knew well.

After struggling through the crowd, he stood next to the person. "Mustardseed, found your way to here I see. Excellent. Puck is nearby aswell. Wish to join with him?" he smiled as he gently patted on Mustardseeds shoulder who he had found after his brief tiptoe overlook. It was about time 'his' crew was gathering up.

[355/4439/20000]
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:31 pm
The crowd hadn't remained parted for long, before it closed in on the small group. Surrounded by drunks and folks just having fun, Anton quickly lost sight of Ryoichi in the crowd. The man had been trying to ask Anton about something, but could never seem to get it out. Anton looked around, trying to spot the 'captain' in the crowd. No such luck, and the large mushroom cap Anton was wearing didn't help. He gave a shrug. "Well, whatever it was, it can't be too impor-GAH!"

Turning around, he almost ran smack into him. He was a tall, lean figure, dressed as a clown. Though instead of bright colors, he was completely black and white. Long, oily black hair fell over his thin, white face. A pair of beady eyes stared at Anton, his face frozen in a painted smile.

Loko "Black Star" Pierrot:

"Erm, hello there," Anton spoke up as the clown silently stared at him. The clown's smile widened, he pulled out a small horn, gave it a 'honk', and then walked past Anton, disappearing into the crowd. Anton could only watch as he vanished.

"Eh, one of the Big Tops," came the voice of Greed, placing a hand on Anton's shoulder, "They're all a wierd bunch, but that one. He just gives me the creeps." Anton could only give me small nod, before the Misfit captain gave him a slap on the back. "Eh, don't worry about 'im! We've got some booze to drink! Come on!"

Pulling his eyes away from where the clown used to be, Anton followed Greed to the bar. The pirate captain leaned over the bar with a cocky grin. "Four beers mate! One fer me, three fer my friend 'ere!" Anton's eyes snapped to Greed. "What are you trying to pull? Getting me drunk before the games start?" Greed laughed, "Ah, ya got me! OK, just one each. But mushroom boy here's payin'!" "Hey!"

Post Word Count: 319
Total Word Count: 5,013
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:11 am
‘Mustardseed’s’ hesitation was promptly shattered by a voice coming from far too close. Upon feeling a hand on her shoulder, she jumped. Literally. “Eep!” Like a startled stoat, she bounced high enough to hit her head on the tent’s support beam. Luckily, she was too light to bring anything down with her.

Twirling around to face the stranger, the wide-eyed woman reached for a weapon she didn’t have. ...Before finally realizing the stranger was in fact Ryo-erm ‘Oberon’. She still struggled to recognize him in his... costume... Further questions sparked panic in her mind. When? How? She didn’t even smell his approach. Usually his, uh, natural musk was strong enough to overpower other scents.

Maybe it was the lack of hair gel.

By now, several awkwardly silent seconds had passed. Finally the words registered in the pretend pirate’s mind. “O-oh, C-captain... I uh... No, I should not... I was just about to...” Her voice wavered, as she desperately tried to do the impossible. She was trying to lie. To come up with an excuse not to go. And she was failing miserably.

With slow, hesitant steps, the jumpy woman started backing away. “I must go... scout and-” Unfortunately, she bumped right into someone. A huge, muscular arm wrapped around her shoulders. “Oi, you ain’t going anywhere...” A massive, bald man with a ripped vest and bushy beard leaned closer. Much... too... close. His big grin was missing several teeth and his breath stank of cheap ale.

“...without a drink.”

The tension popped like a soap bubble. Radiating jolly, drunken friendliness, the big man tried to pull the Fairy King along as well. “You too, buddy. My treat.” His path led directly to the bar counter, with or without Oberon. He slammed a hefty palm against the countertop, making the other people’s pints clatter. “Oi, three beers for me and my new friends~!”

While the bartender worked his magic, the big, drunken oaf turned to the gaunt mohawk menace. “Oi, boss! Look, look! I made new friends!” He sounded so very proud of himself. His excitement made him seem like an overgrown puppy.

‘Mustardseed’, meanwhile, didn’t quite see it that way. Trapped. With no way out. She tried and failed to regain her personal space. Her desperate eyes darted around, a soundless cry for help. When wriggling proved fruitless, her hand twitched... scratched against the countertop... Slowly her nails grew longer and longer, beginning to resemble scythe blades...

Words: 408
Total: 4389
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:13 pm
Ryoichi the Oberon could not help but blink at the overall reaction of Yumiko. One could say that he was surprised at that kind of reaction, though his reaction was not like Yumiko's was. It was more composed. But one would be lying if it did not inject some worry in Ryoichi. Her reaction was unlike any other he has seen her have. It felt more scared. "Mustardseed, is everything okay?"

But everything wasn't okay. It would take a blind person not to notice it now that she was trying to find excuses to escape from him. "Is there something in my face?" he asked jokingly, trying to ease up the situation for Yumiko, maybe it'll help. He would try to do similar antics, hoping to have some sort of results. "By the way, do you have any berries on you? I am really really starving and the stall outside won't give me anything until I pay them."

But it did not seem to help out much, since Yumiko was still backing away, until a sudden stop by a rather bulky man. By normal human standard, Ryoichi could be considered a fairly tall person, but that one was towering over him. He couldn't help but look up at him and his mean mug. By instinct, he moved his hand to try and pull Yumiko closer to him to save her from any trouble that could fall on her, or any that she would pull...

But to his surprise, the mean mug turned out to be a 'loveable' giant, immediately pulling Yumiko and Ryoichi both to his side and dragging them to the bar where they would be served cold beers. Truly a nice treat. The 'lovable' giant of a man had found new friends, and he decided not to be silent about it either, trying to attract the attention of his captain and his crew, while of course, attracting the attention of many others in a meanwhile.

"I am not getting my berries to get that food, am I not?" he asked from himself audibly while his stomach was growling, lifting one of the jugs given to him to take a sip of cold beer from it. "Mustardseed.... I am hungry...", the attempt to cheer and distract kept up, especially as he heard the scratching on the countertop, and noticed from the corner of his eyes the claws growing. This was no time to have trouble!

[406/4845/20000]
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:41 pm
A loud, jovial voice caused Anton to look over. One of Greed's friends had turned up, and under his arms were Ryoichi and...Yumiko? The young Wano woman looked like a caged animal right now. This woman would be more than happy to charge a whole army, but here she was completely out of her element.

A comment from Oberon shifted Anton's attention back to their 'captain'. Beri? Was that what he was trying to ask him about? Anton made sure his men were well paid after all. He gave Ryoichi a look from underneath his mushroom cap. "You know Titania handles the finances right? Ask her about money instead of mooching off of the rest of us." The others chuckled at the comment, as Anton was essentially telling the undercover marine to bug Celia with that sort of thing.

His attention went back to Yumiko. He recognized that look of panic.  He often had it himself. His eyes glanced downward, noticing her nails starting to lengthen and sharpen. Not good. Not good at all. Like a cornered animal, Mustardseed was about to freak out!

Suddenly, a voice rang out over the PA system, which Anton noticed was a series of Den Den Mushis placed around. "Attention guests. Will the Iron Urchan, Centurian, Big Top, Red Cap, Riptide, and Misfit Pirates please make your way to the pavilion. The opening ceramony will begin in fifteen minutes."

Oh thank the lord. Saved by the bell!

The big jolly giant sagged. "Aw, we didn't even get our drinks!" "Eh, don't worry about it," Greed said, getting up and putting him on the back. "There'll be booze at the feast. And ya wont have to pay for it either." The big guy's face lit up. "Yer right boss!" he looked to Ryoichi and Yumiko with a grin. "See ya there!" "Yeah. See ya at the feast Puck," Greed gave a small wave as he and his group headed off.

Anton gave a brief sigh of relief as he made his way over to his crewmates. "That was too close." He patted Ryoichi on the shoulder. "Well, good news cap. Looks like you won't need to pay to stuff you're face." He then approached Yumiko, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Hang in there. You're doing well. We'll all be there with you at the feast, so don't fret."

He took a step back. "Well guys, let's not keep our hosts waiting."

Post Word Count: 408
Total Word Count: 5,421
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:29 am
Nothing was okay. Everything about this was wrong. Instead of arresting these wicked criminals, the warrior was forced to play pretend among them. This was a farce. An insult to everything she believed. It gnawed at her dwindling sanity.

The boxer’s words barely registered in the swordwoman’s mind. She glanced at him. Or past him rather. Her hollow gaze wandered on the enemies all around them. And they were enemies. Nothing more, nothing less. One wrong move and every last one of them would’ve turned against her comrades. That’s all it would take...

Just one... wrong... move...

Fortunately for everyone involved, the announcement pierced through even the thickest panic. ‘Mustardseed’ snapped into full attention and directed her gaze towards the closest loudsnail. Being conditioned to focus fully on instructions came in handy.

‘Mustardseed’ stiffened like a statue, when she felt another hand on her shoulder. Her wide-eyed stare found a mushroom-, oh wait, her disguised comrade. She glanced between ‘Puck’ and ‘Oberon’ warily. Finally, her head drooped and gaze fell to the floor. “I am sorry... for being this weak...” She mumbled remorsefully. Shame burned hot in her heart.

As the wounded woman regained her grip, her sharp claws retracted. Swordsteel shifted back into regular fingers. A close call indeed. Any further and someone might have noticed... Or worse, started asking awkward questions.

With a deep breath and great reluctance, the warrior stepped closer to her allies. She was ready to follow wherever her captain or... erm... her ‘captain’ would lead her. To the pavilion, most likely. In all honesty, she didn’t want to go. It was the reason why she had excused herself earlier.

But this time she had no choice.

As the group headed for the pavilion, ‘Mustardseed’ voiced a quiet question. “How... do thou do it...?” It was meant for both of them, yet at the same time, to no one in particular. Her words drifted in a breeze that seemed to come from nowhere. “How do thou stay so calm among these violent beasts?” Her eyes narrowed, scrutinizing, trying to understand.

“Why do thou fit in so well?”

The overly honest woman still couldn’t wash a particular image from her mind. She had seen her master being friendly with a frightening pirate. Likewise, the comrade closest to her rank didn’t seem the slightest bit worried. They were all swimming with the sharks, yet neither showed any signs of fear.

What manner of masterful mental technique did they employ...?

Could she learn such secrets too...?

Words: 418
Total: 4807

Last edited by Yumiko on Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:41 am
Ryoichi's hand reached over to Yumiko's shoulder and patted her there. "Do not worry about it. You are stronger than you think, trust me, we've seen it all with our eyes. Sometimes it takes a bit of push to bring it out. I'll teach you something small later that could help you today and tomorrow and later in life." an attempt to relax Yumiko, perhaps even ease some of her doubts. Will it work however is Yumiko's choice, if she plans to listen to it, or simply listen and let it run into the void within her.

As they were approaching the pavilion, Ryoichi walked in front as he was, after all, 'Oberon' the captain of the crew. While walking, he, of course, kept his ears and eyes open, listening to what Yumiko and the rest of the group were walking, until he came to a hard stop after hearing a sequence of questions.

The questions rang in his head. Quite the right questions had been asked, ones that did make Ryoichi wonder. Why does he stay so calm? How come does he fit in with the pirates. It's not something a marine should be doing... Of course, everything has a reason to it, and Ryoichi was a man of commitment. His head managed to generate an answer that reflected him for what he was.

"Because it's my duty." a silent yet hardened and proud response, full of pride, exited Ryoichi's lips to travel into his 'pirate' group's ears. "You are right, I should not be fitting in here, neither should I be able to stay calm in this situation... One wrong step and we are doomed... But it's my duty, after all... Our duty.". He then proceeded to walk again towards the pavilion, his eyes were set down on the ground as he did so.

"Not everyone is inherently bad, be it marine, pirate, or even revolutionary. Perhaps that's why I manage to stay so calm here. It's not all so bad."

[333/5178/2000]
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:56 am
Anton nodded in agreement with Ryoichi's answer. Indeed, not all pirates were bad, just as not all marines were good. He knew Yumiko had a tendency to see things as black and white, to fail to notice, or even straight up ignore, the nuances of the world.

"You saw them yourself Yumiko. They're people, just as we are." He glanced at the shaken woman, "A good question to ask yourself is, "why did these people become pirates I the first place?" Sometimes the answer isn't as you might think."

Indeed, Anton had encountered pirates in the past who weren't simply hardened, destructive criminals. He thought back to his time on a remote island, working with a pirate captain and fighting to survive. He thought of his encounter with a pair of surprising twins.

He quietly wondered how they were doing.

-----@^@-----

Inside the pavilion, the lights were dim as the gathered pirates were quietly moving to their respective seating areas. Celia and Melanie were already there, spotting the three and waving them over. Nearby, Anton spotted Doc Black at another table. Possibly a separate spot for the medical team.

As everyone took a seat and things quieted down, that same voice spoke up over the loud snails. "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to first ever Davy Back Brawl! And to ring in the start of the festivities, please welcome your host. The incorrigible, the insatiable, ALCIBIADES MEDICI!"

A spotlight shone down onto the central stage. A rather handsome red haired man stood tall, clad in a white overcoat and a black bowler hat. He twirled a cane as he let out a laugh.

Alcibiades MEDICI:

"Welcome, one and all, to Battle Island!" The man yelled out to the crowded pirates around him, "You would not believe how much this place cost, but I'm sparing no expense for all my wonderful guests!" There was a murmur of agreement amongst the guests. "But I'm sure you're all eager for the games. But let's go over a couple of things first. You all know the rules of a Davy Back Fight. Well, this is going to be a little different. There are two types of competitions.

First is the free for all. Six pirates enter, one from each team. One pirate wins, and the winner gets to claim one of the five losers.

The second are team events. Again, one pirate from each crew. Those six are then split into two teams of three. Each member of the winning team gets claim to a member of the losing team.

And that's about it. The specifics of each game will be explained as they come up!"

Alcibiades smirked and twirled his cane. "Now, without further ado, let's introduce our players! Pay close attention folks, because you may just be going home with them!"

"These dedicated warriors will give any army a run for their money. Skilled and honorable, they are the Centurian Pirates, lead by Cicero "Primarch" Caesar!"

A spotlight shone down on the group. They looked like ancient warriors, with brass armor and the like. Their captain however was someone Anton hadn't expected. A thin old man with a bear, clad in a large toga. Cicero rose to his feet, giving a laugh and flexing his arms.

Cicero "Primarch" Caesar:

"Marines they once were, but now these iron clad soldiers roam the sea. Meet the Iron Urchins, led by the lovely Iron Maiden, Kommandantin Frau Eiserne!"

The spotlight shone on the steel clad pirates. The large figure in armor that Yumiko may recognize rose to their feet. Slowly, they removed their helmet, revealing a strong, feminine face with a steely gaze.

Kommadantin Frau "Iron Maiden" Eiserne:

"These rowdy musicians will blow your eardrums, AND your ships! Welcome the Misfit Pirates, led by Greed "Anarchy" Nay!"

As the spotlight shone down on them, Greed laughed and lept onto the table. "Let's blow the lid off these fuckers mates!"

"Next up, it's their ocean, we're just sailing on it. Rising up from the depths, it's the Riptide Pirates, led by Jebediah "Iron Maw" Straights!"

The spotlight lit up a crew of, much to Anton's surprise, fishmen and mermaids. Their leader, a large, muscular shark fishman with what appeared to be iron teeth rose to his feet. He let out a roar, mimicked by his crew.

Jebediah "Iron Maw" Straights:

"And now, be prepared for the greatest show on the high seas. They are the Big Top Pirates, led by Jacques "Ringmaster" Barnaby!"

The crew was like something out of a circus. Clowns, acrobats and the like. An older gentleman with grey hair, dressed in a showman's finery rose to his feet, a knife flicking through his fingers. "Let's give them a show they won't ever forget, shall we my friends?"

Jacques "Ringmaster" Barnaby:

"And finally, they may seem harmless, but they're no fairytale! They are the Red Cap Pirates, led by the Wylde Noble, Oberon!"

The spotlight shone down on them. Now it was Ryoichi's turn. Whatever he did to show himself off, Alcibiades smiled and twirled his cane.

"And now that we all know eachother and are friends..." He snapped his fingers and the lights came on. The doors around the room swung open, letting in servers carrying hot, steaming trays of food. "Let's eat, drink and be merry folks! Enjoy the show, for tomorrow the games begin!" Alcibiades threw his head back and laughed.

Post Word Count: 882
Total Word Count: 6,303

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:29 pm
ROUND 1
Yumiko uses:
Busoshoku Haki - ATK
[Toggle] Hunter Form
[HT] Final Mercy on Inner Demons
[LT] Storm Chaser on Inner Demons
[UT] on Demons

Inner Demons use:
[MT] on Yumiko
[LT] on Yumiko
[LT] on Yumiko
[UT] on Yumiko

---

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Yumiko on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:14 am; edited 2 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:29 pm
The member 'Yumiko' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 1, 18, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'Reflex Check' : 17, 4, 1, 19
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:33 am
Uncertainty clung to the Marine’s mind like a veil of fog. At first, she thought she understood. Duty. Of course. The man was so dedicated to his duty that he was willing to abandon even the sense of his true self. Truly admirable.

However, when Ryoichi spoke the unspeakable, Yumiko’s expression darkened. Her mouth twisted into a deep, thoughtful frown, while her eyes stared into the distance. ‘Not... inherently... bad...?’ Complicated thoughts swirled around her head like indecipherable symbols. Anton’s addition didn’t help, not one bit. ‘People... just as... we are...?’ These claims were strange, nay, outright impossible.

Stewing in doubts, the worried weasel took a seat alongside her allies. She found herself inadvertently bracing for each introduction, expecting worse and worse monsters each time. One in particular slashed deep into her soul. “Lady Eiserne...” A solemn whisper of careless familiarity slipped from her lips.

Shaking the doubs away proved fruitless. Even as the festivities officially began and the feast was brought in, the confused woman was no closer to any sort of resolution. Her teachings clashed violently against what she was seeing. And what had Master meant by his question...? Why did people become pirates? Was it not their hunger for riches, glory and simple bloodshed?

As the torn warrior pondered, shadows rose from the corners of his mind. Grinning and giggling, they drew closer to her soul. Wicked whispers filled her head. Idiot... Failure... Coward... They taunted her. Yet in the same breath, they promised a way out. She just had to cleanse this filthy place...

Tear it all down and scatter it into the wind!

Without a word, ‘Mustardseed’ rose from her seat and stepped away from her comrades. Her foggy eyes scanned her surroundings, until stopping on a stone pillar. She brushed her hand gently against the cold surface. Sturdy, solid... Yes, this would do.

-WHAM!-

A couple of seconds later, a hefty thud accompanied by a nasty cracking sound shook the scene. Soon the quiet woman returned to her seat. A crimson stain on her forehead slowly trickled onto her features. The foggy uncertainty was gone from her gaze, replaced by steely resolve.

But this wasn’t enough... It had merely silenced them...

Naturally, the oddball offered no explanation to her allies. Rather, she grabbed the closest pint of ale and downed it in one gulp. Her shoulders heaved with a deep sigh. No, this still wasn’t enough... They knew how to swim... So she grabbed another equally large pint. Down the hatch it went, with a motion she had practiced more than was healthy.

Several minutes and half a dozen drinks later, the weasel woman finally felt like she had washed away her doubts. A pink blush painted her features. The stench of ale lingered in her breath. Her head was spinning... Strange warmth filled her chest... It felt... nice.

Yes, this was enough.

...Well, maybe one more.

The unsteady mess glanced at her allies. Briefly she wondered when all of them had gotten an identical twin. “Hey... hey... Passh... passh me one more...” She slurred, gesturing at the full pints. Her arm flopped weakly towards their direction. So close... Yet so far.

Words: 528
Total: 5335
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:28 am
Round 1

Ryoichi Ayugai uses:

Kenbunshoku Haki - RX
Busoshoku Haki - ATK
[LT] Weaving on Himself
[LT] Champions Jab on Feast
[LT] Left Hook Feast
[UT] on Feast

The Feast uses:

[MT] on Ryoichi Ayugai
[LT] on Ryoichi Ayugai
[LT] on Ryoichi Ayugai
[UT] on Ryoichi Ayugai

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Ryoichi Ayugai on Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:28 am
The member 'Ryoichi Ayugai' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 13, 1, 11

#2 'Reflex Check' : 9, 10, 20, 20
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:00 am
Round 2

Ryoichi Ayugai uses:

[HT] Champions Right Straight on The Feast
[LT] Right Straight on The Feast
[UT] on The Feast

The Feast uses:

[MT] on Ryoichi Ayugai
[LT] on Ryoichi Ayugai
[LT] on Ryoichi Ayugai
[UT] on Ryoichi Ayugai

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Ryoichi Ayugai on Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:00 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 3, 6, 6

#2 'Reflex Check' : 9, 6, 13, 8
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:38 am
Round 3

Ryoichi Ayugai uses:

[MT] Left Uppercut on The Feast
[LT] Champions Jab on The Feast
[LT] Left Hook on The Feast
[UT] on The Feast

The Feast uses:

[HT] on Ryoichi Ayugai
[UT] on Ryoichi Ayugai

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Ryoichi Ayugai on Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:53 am; edited 2 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:38 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 3, 20, 17, 9

#2 'Reflex Check' : 3, 12
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:13 am
Round 4

Ryoichi Ayugai uses:

[MT] Improved weaving on Himself
[LT] Right Straight on The Feast
[LT] Rotating Jab on The Feast
[UT] on The Feast

The Feast uses:

[MT] on Ryoichi Ayugai
[LT] on Ryoichi Ayugai
[LT] on Ryoichi Ayugai
[UT] on Ryoichi Ayugai

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Ryoichi Ayugai on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:32 am; edited 2 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:13 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 8, 6, 16

#2 'Reflex Check' : 5, 5, 18, 9
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:34 am
Round 5

Ryoichi Ayugai uses:

[HT] Champions Right Straight on The Feast
[LT] Champions Jab on The Feast
[UT] on The Feast

The Feast uses:

[MT] on Ryoichi Ayugai
[LT] on Ryoichi Ayugai
[LT] on Ryoichi Ayugai
[UT] on Ryoichi Ayugai

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Ryoichi Ayugai on Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:34 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 7, 5, 19

#2 'Reflex Check' : 5, 10, 20, 4
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord