Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsYesterday at 10:41 pmSkoll[Market] [Trade] Trading ForumYesterday at 10:35 pmSkoll[Crew] Skoll's Rescue & RaidingYesterday at 10:24 pmSkoll[Bio] Aya "Pikasso" RuizWed Apr 17, 2024 1:28 pmGray[World Event] A Fool's ErrandTue Apr 16, 2024 2:00 pmAnne La Tene[Episode] Ancient Blood ArisesTue Apr 16, 2024 1:25 pmLavender[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsMon Apr 15, 2024 8:30 amGray[Saga] [Black Drum Island Conquest] The Bottom Line Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:40 pmNoah[Crew] The Vintage HordeSun Apr 14, 2024 3:04 pmOrion Montgomery
Go down
Yumiko
Yumiko
[tracker=/t1347-yumiko#7408]
Name : Yumiko
Epithet : Kamaitachi
Height : 5'5'' / 165 cm
Weight : 128 lbs. / 58 kg
Species : Human
Faction : Civilian
Devil Fruit : Ita Ita no Mi, Model: Kamaitachi
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 2,278,965,048
[[baneoftheweak]][[dragonheart]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Episode] Under Control - Page 3 Empty Re: [Episode] Under Control

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:51 am
Frustration boiled beneath Yumiko’s skin, seeping out as an annoyed snarl. “I already told thee, I received a message that there are pirates among our midst. When I reached the mansion, I was attacked by traitors wearing our uniform.” If his intentions were to find out the truth, then why did he refuse to listen? Was he one of them too?

...Nay. Not Sir Ayugai. He was better than that...

...Was he not?

While the punk was arrested, cuffs snapping around her wrists, the samurai clutched her sword’s handle tighter. “...She speaks the truth.” The interjection was quick and direct, like the slash of a blade. “I cut down the men guarding the entrance.” Truth, much like steel, was often cold and harsh.

Yumiko’s piercing glare focused on the cuffs dangling from the bear’s claws. Her hair bristled at the mere idea of being robbed of her freedom. “And if thou seek to shackle me, when I cannot tell friend from foe...” Frustration, hesitation, fear... As she spoke, all distractions drained from her mind. “Then I have no choice but to cut thee down as well.” Only the icy resolve remained.

The swordswoman took a deep breath and assumed her stance. “Sir Ayugai, I recognize thy resolve. Thus, I shall waste no more time with talk, nor shall I hold anything back. Now...” With a dramatic flourish, she brandished the sharp blade and pointed it at the foe.

“Defend thyself!”

Without wasting a moment, the samurai closed the distance in a single leap. Before she even landed, her first slash was already aimed at the paw holding the cuffs. Maintaining pressure with another quick poke, she tried to cut the cuffs apart, or at least knock them away so he wouldn’t use them against her.

Whispering winds wrapped around the warrior. She rushed the bear with a wild flurry of slashes, reminiscent of a frantic dance. Sharp eyes could spot sharp, shimmering shapes following in her sword’s wake. If the bear got caught in the assault, he would find that the phantom blades were all too real. Fueled by her supernatural power, their numerous cuts added up quickly.

Meanwhile, the cuffed punk rolled deftly away from the fight. Even the narrow hallway didn’t really slow her down. She ducked and weaved, until she was out of the way. “Yeah, she’s all yours, Boss Bear...” She grumbled, while leaning sulkily against the wall. There was a sword fight happening and she didn’t get to take part in it? Laaame.

Words: 415
Thread Total: 3395
COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Yumiko on Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:51 am
The member 'Yumiko' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Reflex Check' : 12, 13, 17, 20
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
[tracker=/t544-anton-la-croix#2124]
Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
Faction : Marine
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Crew Role : Captain
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 1,472,069,543
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[bookworm]][[childofdestiny]]
[[berryprinter]][[punchoutguru]]

Turf : [turf="/t299-turf-details-minion-island#1113"]Minion Island[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:54 pm
"And here are the former Big Top pirates, some of the new recruits under the program," Anton explained to the two inspectors behind him, gesturing to the small collection of pirates before him. After leaving the main headquarters, Anton had figured actually introducing the inspectors to some of the new recruits might help improve their disposition towards the program. He just had to make sure he introduced them to the right ones. The misfits would certainly rub them the wrong way. He had hoped to find the Centurians, but no such luck. Fortunately, he managed to come across Barnaby, along with Lane, Stromboli, and the mime girl he came to learn was called Miss Monochrome. "Ladies and gentlemen, these are Inspectors Closou and Darlington. They're here to oversee the program."

Barnaby gave the two inspectors a cordial smile, giving them a bow. "A pleasure to meet you." Closou gave the former pirate captain an incredulous look. A group of circus performers? These were the sort of people the Rear Admiral thought would be good marines? "From what I hear, you were the captain of the Big Top Pirates, correct? It must be hard, having to lose all of that power and being brought down to a mere seaman." Anton's eyes narrowed. He knew what the inspector was doing. Attempting to rile the former pirate up. Get him to act up.

Instead, the older man shrugged. "Not at all, really. The Rear Admiral has given me, and my crew, a whole new lease on life. And we cannot thank him enough for it." The other three nodded in agreement. Anton couldn't help but smile. Before the Davy Back Brawl, the Big Top Pirates had been effectively enslaved. Anton had given them their freedom back. He was sure he had mentioned that in his initial report, so he couldn't help but get some smug satisfaction in knowing that the inspector had either forgotten or missed that part. Closou, for his part, gave the former captain an incredulous look, "I see. Well, don't forget that you're in the marines now. We have rules and order here. You can't simply do whatever you like here." "I'm very much aware of that," Barnaby's smile never left his face. It seemed he was getting the same idea and wasn't going to give the inspector any satisfaction.

"Oi! Boss!"

Anton visibly flinched when he heard the voice. Of all of his new recruits, he had personally hoped that he wouldn't be here. All eyes turned as Greed, followed by Crash and Six Pestols approached them. Anton gave a small sigh. "Greed, we've been over this. Please refer to me as 'sir' or 'Rear Admiral'," he looked back to the inspectors, "This is Greed Nay, former captain of the Misfit Pirates." Closou gave a look of disdain for the Misfit pirate, "Hmm, now this is the typical riff raff I would expect from this sort of thing." Anton tried to hide the growing panic within him.

Please don't start a fight. Please don't start a fight!

"Yeah yeah, fuck you too," Greed replied, almost as if waving the inspector off as he looked back to Anton, "Remind me again, the Iron Urchins didn't join us, right?" Anton was stunned for a moment. The fact that Greed, nor the Misfits threw a punch was now convincing him that god actually existed. It took him a second to process what Green had said. "Erm, yes. The Iron Urchins turned down my offer, and are now in holding cells awaiting transport."

Greed nodded. "Yeah, thought this fucker was lyin'." Crash then shoved forward a man in a marine uniform. However, Anton soon quickly noticed the metal arm, along with the obvious cybernetics over his left eye. There was no denying that was one of the Iron Urchins. But then, what was he doing here?

Then Anton remembered something. What was it that Ryoichi said, about there being more pirates than what they brought? Suddenly that statement made a whole lot of sense. He recalled a number of the Iron Urchins had managed to escape capture before. And now, one of them was here, on the island, disguised as a marine.

Anton's expression darkened. Another issue that popped up today. Something he simply did. not. need. He stepped towards the undercover pirate. "Where are the rest of you?" He knew full well that there couldn't be just one of them.

Post Word Count: 739
Total Word Count: 3,776
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai
[tracker=/t1576-ryoichi-ayugai#8716]
Name : Ryoichi Ayugai
Epithet : The Boxing Bear
Height : 6 feet 1 inch (1.85m)
Weight : 198 lbs (95kg)
Faction : Marines
Crew : Blue Fist Academy
Ship : SSS Rocky
Marine Rank : Rear Admiral
Crew Role : Grandmaster
Devil Fruit : Kuma-Kuma no Mi (Bear-Bear Fruit) Model: Polar Bear
Quality Score : A
Income Bonus : +0.15 (Rear Admiral); 0.20 (to all allies)
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 50,000,000
Balance : [bel] 485,600,807
[[baneoftheweak]][[dreamsneverdie]][[childofdestiny]][[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:19 am
"I am not your enemy, Yumiko."

But those seemed to be the famous last words before the seeming hell volume two broke loose at the end of the corridor. Yumiko, while initially seeming to be hesitant, did decide to raise her sword against Ryoichi, with a catchphrase he had heard before from her.

And to defend he did try to do. But there came Ryoichi's immediate downfall. He should have known that no matter what Yumiko does, she takes everything seriously... But he had hoped that she would not be that serious against a person she considers to be a friend. The first sign of no bullshittery was that of cutting the handcuffs.

The price had to be paid for his underestimating behavior, and the wind that surrounded Yumiko cut right into his flesh like the phantom blades they were, covering his white fur in dark red color on those cut spots. Lacking an immediate answer to Yumiko's attempts, he tried to throw a swift and precise jab that of befitting a champion at her to create some space between them.

Gritting his teeth to fight through the pain, he looked at Yumiko. Ryoichi was far from defeated. "I just want to talk to you, away from others." It's quite possible that at this point, his words did not reach her, if the poke of a sword was to indicate anything, piercing well into the left side of the rib, but not cutting too deep thankfully... But the pain certainly felt real, almost a tickle like in his ribs.

"I said stop."

In order to avoid any more senseless shedding of blood, Ryoichi tried to take a swift step closer to Yumiko. With his right fist drawn back, the left fist covering the left side of the face, he spread the distance between the legs enough to create enough of momentum to shoot forward a swift and powerful right straight punch, powerful enough that one should try and avoid it.

Upon a successful landing, it would be powerful enough to send Yumiko flying backward... Otherwise, there would simply be a whiff of wind leaving the spot where the punch should have landed. But Ryoichi was prepared in case of a failed punch. He would immediately try and grab a hold of Yumiko and lift her up, charging forward as he tries to bash through the wall of the building, possibly ending up outside together with her after the fall from the second floor, landing right in the snow.

[418/2577/5000]

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Ryoichi Ayugai on Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:43 am; edited 4 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:19 am
The member 'Ryoichi Ayugai' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Reflex Check' : 6, 11, 11
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:02 am
A lesser foe would’ve fallen, or at least folded, in the face of the samurai’s Tempest Dance. Yet the bear refused to retreat. His quick jab caught her right in the ribs. Coughing and gasping for air, she was forced to stop her assault.

Yumiko’s eyes widened. Acting on pure reflex, she yanked her head aside. The sheer pressure from the narrowly dodged punch rustled her hair like a violent gale. Close. Much too close. One one hit from that and... No, she refused to consider defeat.

Before the swordswoman could catch her breath, the boxer barreled into her. She was sent skidding backwards, utterly unable to stop the bull rush. The whole hallway shook from the impact. As she was forced through the wall, only a single, broken thought survived the crash. How... was a man of his size... this quick...?

Fortunately, the piles of snow outside provided something of a soft landing. A puff of white swallowed the fighters.

As the cold powder was blown away by the wind, the swordswoman went through a rapid transformation. Her lean frame grew a little taller and bigger. White fur burst from her skin, assimilating and painting even her hair. Animalistic features twisted her visage. Looking like a humanoid weasel, she could’ve been mistaken for a mink.

A mink with claws like scythes.

Without wasting a moment, the samurai crossed her claws and slashed at point-blank. The attack left a fading, X-shaped rush of wind in its wake. Maintaining the momentum, she brought her legs up in a pair of kicks, which were accompanied by more of the slicing winds. Though her earlier dance had gotten interrupted, the tempest continued to rage around her body.

Finally, an explosive gust of wind erupted from the mythical weasel. If the bear got hit, she would flip free from his grasp. It was her best attempt at regaining some breathing room. She couldn’t afford to stay within arm’s reach.

---

Meanwhile, back inside, some of the soldiers were gathering in front of the windows to witness the fight. First, there were the usual whispers of ‘isn’t that’ and ‘resisting arrest’. Then, once the initial shock wore off, one Marine leaned closer to his buddy. “...4000 Berries on the bear.” There was a pause. A glance. “You’re on.” And an agreement.

---

Even further up in the building, the Rear Admiral was interrogating one of the true suspects. Or trying at least. The cybernetic troublemaker wasn’t very chatty. A cybernetic eye stared at the sharp-dressed man with the sort of cold indifference only steel could achieve. “Sic semper tyrannis.” A metallic voice declared defiantly, before falling silent again.

The Iron Urchins had a plan after all... And they were going to stick to it. Even back in the day, before their defection, they had been known for their fierce loyalty to their captain. Just as fierce as a certain samurai’s dedication. After all, her file did have a record of her being stationed in the crew for a while.

Words: 502
Thread Total: 3897
COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Yumiko on Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:02 am

'Reflex Check' : 18, 16, 18, 11
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:38 am
Anton's eyes narrowed at the pirate's response. He figured that would be the case. His brief time around the Iron Urchins had shown them to be a highly loyal and close knit group. But now he had no doubt there were more of them here on the island. And judging by the uniform he was wearing, they were sneaking around in disguise. With these pieces of information, there wasn't hard to figure out what they were planning.

They were here to free their crewmates, down in the holding cells.

He looked to Greed and the Misfits. "Greed, take this one into custody. Cuff him and hold him somewhere." Greed nodded. "You got it bo-sir." Anton turned to Barnaby. "Barnaby, I need you to find Celia and fill her in on the situation. The Iron Urchins have infiltrated the island. They'll be wearing our uniforms, so keep an eye out for anyone who has cybernetics. Understood?" Barnaby saluted, "Yes sir!" He quickly turned to make his leave. Anton looked around at the rest of the gathered group. "The rest of you, spread out and search for anyone unusual in marine garb. Do not attempt to apprehend them alone."

As the reformed pirates nodded and scattered, Anton turned back towards the mansion, the two inspectors following behind him. "Well now," Inspector Closou spoke up, "It seems we'll get to see these new 'marines' of yours in action Rear Admiral." Anton shot a glare back at the inspector. "Inspector, with all due respect, now is NOT the time. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to make sure a certain, important prisoner is where they should be."

-----@^@-----

Sol let out a sigh of relief, now that she was nice and warm inside the main headquarters. The multiple layers of extra clothing had been shedded almost instantly, leaving her in her standard red dress. It felt so good to be able to move freely again. Lune, meanwhile, would have preferred to remain outside, but with the whole inspection going on, she figured it would be better of the two of them kept out of the way. Anton had enough on his plate as it was. "You think everything will be ok?" Lune asked. She had to admit, she was a little worried. If the inspection failed and the program was rejected, then that would make them, and the others all wanted men and women. And right now they were sitting in the middle of a marine base.

Sol gave her sister a reassuring smile. "It will be fine. Anton's delt with much worse, remember? And if things go sideways, I know he's got some sort of backup plan," she paused, remembering how nervous Anton had been these last few days, "I hope..."

The sisters paused when they heard something. Was that the sound of...fighting? No! There was to be no fighting today! Not when the inspectors could see it! The two rushed towards the sound. It seemed to be coming from close by. Hopefully they could put a stop to it soon. However, as the two came to the door and looked in, they saw just WHO was fighting.

"Oh..." "No..."

Word Count: 527
Total Word Count: 4,303
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai
[[baneoftheweak]][[dreamsneverdie]][[childofdestiny]][[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:32 pm
"Ugh."

Ryoichi groaned a bit as he crash-landed down into the fluffy snow, easing the pain a bit. The fall leads Ryoichi to roll to the side but regains his standing quite fast, first on his knees and then back up on his feet.

"That... Ought to stop this madness." Ryoichi mumbled to himself as he gathered himself, stretching his arms out, leaning and bending his back backward to let a couple of cracks echo from his body. What Ryoichi had hoped was nothing but wishful thinking.

Instead of a fight ending, it had only just started as he now had to face what from the shadow looked like an odd slender and yet giant furry creature, but in reality, was a white, roughly his human height sized human weasel hybrid, over which Ryoichi easily towered while in his hybrid form himself.

But the size was not an issue for weasels, they were still predatory creatures, despite their size compared to most meat-eating predators. Ryoichi did not have the time to keep 'admiring' what was in front of him. Yumiko who was now the weasel-human hybrid of a creature sent a crossed claw slash at him from point-blank range.

"Why won't you li...- Agh!"

The blood covered the snow below Ryoichi after the slash. He really had hoped his latest attacks had put some sense into her... But he was wrong. If he did not do anything, he would suffer a defeat... Or worse... Maybe death?

"Yumiko.. I am sorry... I cannot lose here... I am sorry..."

With the arms closing in to his body, the fists pointing up, covering the half of his face and the back hunched forward a bit, Ryoichi begun to weave on the spot, slowly picking up the speed as he then dashed forward while keeping up the same weaving motion.

He sent out a swift forward jab into Yumiko who seemed to eat it like a sponge... With the consistency of a tree at that. The jab did not keep her down. Instead, she got back up and followed with kicks of her own, accompanied by the same slicing winds. While Ryoichi may have had answers to the current physical attacks, the wind kept him on his toes by slicing and dicing into his body, leaving trails of blood around on the snowy fields.

But the weaving bear did not let it bother him, not yet... He had a job to finish and followed her with a swift left hook which seemed to attack Yumiko who still had the consistency of wood. "Tsk... Haki?"

As with the previous attempt to stop her, she did not stay down, and kept on playing with the wind she could create, sending gusts of it at Ryoichi.

It may have looked like this was the end. The snow blew all around where Ryoichi was just standing a moment ago... But just like the weasel, the bear did not go down just yet as he dashed out from the snow storm-covered area, trying to land a quick right straight punch into Yumiko's stomach to drop her down on her knees if possible.

"I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY AND YOU AREN'T MINE EITHER!"

[533/3110/5000]

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Ryoichi Ayugai on Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:45 am; edited 3 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:32 pm

'Reflex Check' : 18, 15, 18
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:01 pm
When the boxer rushed forward, the warrior’s eyes widened. Fast...! Too fast to dodge...! With no other option, she braced herself for the inevitable. She couldn’t fall here... Nay, she refused to fall here. Her focus flared. From the depths of her soul, willpower poured forth to answer the subconscious call.

The fist struck true. Instead of finding soft flesh, however, it struck something harder. An invisible armor dampened the blow. It wasn’t quite hard enough to be compared to stone, much less steel. Rather, it was tough yet flexible. Like a willowy tree, the weasel woman bent beneath the impact... But she didn’t fall.

There was that word again, skirting around her understanding...

Haki....

What did it mean...?

Yumiko took a beating, skidding backwards with each hit, but stubbornly stayed on her feet. She clung to consciousness. The last straight caught her right in the stomach. Sliding backwards, she coughed and gasped for air. She couldn’t handle much more of this.

The shout was met with a hollow sigh. “Verily so, more’s the pity...” The samurai leveled her cold gaze at the foe. No matter how she tried, how she squinted, she just couldn’t see an enemy. Not even a terrible beast. All she saw was a comrade standing against her.

Yumiko took the chance to catch her breath. “‘Tis truly tragic. I... do not think I can ever bring myself to hate thee...” She steadied her stance. “Nevertheless, I cannot surrender. Not here, not now.” Surely a fellow warrior could understand her resolve. Or did he not see her as a warrior at all?

Pushing the doubts aside, the weasel woman continued. “If I am right, then thou are serving the enemy, even if only unknowingly. And if I am wrong... Then I have done something unforgivable.” Her gaze drifted onto two familiar shadows spying their fight. More reinforcements for him, she silently supposed. She couldn’t fight two sorcerers in her current state.

Had to finish this fight here and now.

The swordswoman crossed her claws. “Right or wrong, either way ‘tis mine decision to make. Mine alone to see through.” She focused on her target. Her entire body tensed, muscles coiling like springs.

“Farewell, Sir Ayugai.”

To an untrained eye, it seemed like the swordswoman simply vanished. A chill wind blew across the area. She dashed a short distance in a single heartbeat. Upon passing the bear, she delivered a single slash with the full intent to execute him on the spot.

However... At the very last instant, the samurai’s resolve wavered. Though she slashed at him, she couldn’t bear to follow through. Not fully. Instead of going for the throat, her blade slipped lower, aiming across his chest. Shimmering phantoms followed the motion, aiming to slash him in the exact same spot twice more. Each one was shallower than the last.

In a blink of an untrained eye, the warrior seemed to reappear behind the boxer. “Weasel War Dance...” Slowly, she relaxed her stance, as her voice trailed in the wind. “Final Mercy.” But the haunting question remained... Was it enough?

---

Meanwhile, at the holding cells, a valiant lock finally clicked open... And a beast was set free... The towering shadow marched through the gloomy cellblock, until she found the armory of confiscated weapons. While the door was sturdy, the old bricks didn’t stand a chance against muscles like steel.

As the muscular woman rummaged through the confiscated items, her right hand man kept watch. “We gotta go, go, go...” He ticked nervously beneath his breath. The suggestion, however, was shot down. “No.” He cast a hasty glance back at his captain. “No...? What do you mean, mean, mean, ‘no’?” A kind of a pointless question. He could already guess...

Frau Eiserne collected her armor piece by piece. “Means no.” Metal clicked against metal. “Means unfinished business.” She pulled on spiked gauntlets and flexed her fingers. “I find bug man...” Her voice took a metallic ring, as she hid her features behind a thick helmet. “I crush bug man.” Eyes like embers lit up.

The Iron Maiden was reborn.

Words: 683
Thread Total: 4580
COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Yumiko on Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed more math.)
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:01 pm

'Reflex Check' : 5, 13, 5
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:28 pm
Anton quickly made his way towards the main building of the Marine's HQ, the two inspectors following in tow. Everything was starting to spiral out of control very quickly. Of all the days for this to happen too! Why couldn't this madness have waited until the very next day or something? It was taking Anton everything he had to try and keep the stress and anxiety bottled up, to keep it from showing on his face.

That, of course, cracked as he pushed through the gates into the main courtyard outside of the building. His eyes immediately snapped to see the one sight he did NOT want to see. Two of his top men fighting, out in the snow. Yumiko and Ryoichi, both in their hybrid forms, battling it out. Blood had already been splattered onto the snow around them. This was EXACTLY the kind of display Anton had wanted to avoid. But it seems fate had decided today was the day it was going to make Anton's life an absolute living hell.

His face twisted into an angry snarl as he started to move towards the fight. "Oh that's it! This has gone on far en-"

And then, suddenly, a wall exploded.

Anton spun around around, facing the massive dusk cloud. "Oh, what the hell is it no-YIPE!" Anton quickly dove to the side as suddenly a large chunk of debris suddenly shot out of the cloud, crashing into the wall behind him. The two inspectors scrambled for safety, suddenly finding themselves in a very, VERY dangerous place.

As the dust settled, a large, iron clad figure stepped out of hole in the wall, her eyes locked on the Rear Admiral. "Well...that was easy," rang a familiar voice from behind the helm. Anton let out a frustrated groan. "Of course. Of course YOU got out. Because not enough can go wrong today."

Frau Eiserne stepped forward, cracking her knuckles through the spiked gauntlets she wore. "We have score to settle bug man." Anton glanced over at the fight going on between his two subordinates before turning his harsh gaze back towards the Iron Maiden. "You know what? Fine. After today I have a lot of stress and frustration to let out. And it looks like you just volunteered." He rose to his feet, drawing his sword and slipping into a stance.

He was sick of everything going wrong today. Time to start trying to set things right again.

Post Word Count: 409
Total Word Count: 4,712
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:51 am
"What do you mean you cannot... Surrender? It is just routine questioning... Yumiko.." He was perfectly aware of how stubborn his comrade can be, it was not the first time when she had fixated on something... But to him, this felt odd... Nay, he felt this fight, it felt stupid at this point.

"Serving the enemy? What are you talking about? Blood has been needlessly spilled Yumiko. I cannot get to the bottom of this if you don't stop right now!" he could not help but respond to Yumiko who kept explaining her stance. One by one he began to put the puzzle pieces in the right spot, forming the finished picture.

There are more pirates than meets the eye, or as the strange talking penguin said... Could that really be it? He knew of the program Anton had launched... But are there real traitors among them? Did Yumiko get a whiff of it and start her own case... Perhaps she was mistaken? Ryoichi froze on the spot for a moment as the theories ran through his head, all until he could hear the last farewell.

"Huh?"

As he saw the claws of Yumiko crossed, he himself 'balled' up a bit as he brought the forearms close to his chest, hunching his back, the fists pointing up and covering half of his face, the elbows covering his stomach, he had entered the complete defensive stance. To aid his defense against the incoming Yumiko who seemed to have disappeared from the spot, his arms were covered in a black substance, using Bushoshoku Haki.

He could not see Yumiko or the attack... But he could feel the clash of claws against his haki-coated arms, even trying to push him back a bit. The wind gust lead the snow around him to be blown away, some even in his face... Quite possibly that was the reason he could not see her... Or she simply was that fast?

But not all was perfect defense on Ryoichi's part, the initial strike was strong, very strong, so strong in fact that it felt as if his Haki got broken through, which lead to a couple of other slices landing on his arms. Gritting his teeth through the pain, all he could do was try and endure, possibly building up his Haki once more.

As all good things, or bad in this case, come to an end... And so did Yumiko's assault. Her hopes were unfortunately met by disappointment. It was not enough for her to cut Ryoichi down... The final mercy as she called it was in fact too merciful.

A hand with claws pointing forward flew out of the gust of snow with Ryoichi following, aiming at the leg of Yumiko and trying to cut just enough to inflict damage and drop her down on her knee as Ryoichi's claws simply were not long enough. Upon a successful cut, Ryoichi would try and go for a swift K.O by trying to land a quick jab in between Yumiko's eyes to finally end this madness... Mayhaps this can be called Ryoichi's own version of Final mercy?

[520/3630/5000]

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Ryoichi Ayugai on Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:58 am; edited 3 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:51 am

'Reflex Check' : 6, 13, 15
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:47 am
Snow danced in the wind. The frigid air scratched at the warrior’s throat with each labored gasp. Her limbs felt like lead. She truly disliked this technique... It placed such a burden on her body, physically and mentally. Worse yet, her opponent was still standing... She could feel it like a chill creeping down her spine... With a sharp inhale, she caught her breath. Claws at ready, she spun around to face the foe.

...Too slow.

Yumiko’s eyes widened, struggling to follow the swift movement going low. She was still astonished at how someone so big could also be so swift. Was this the fabled footwork of boxing she had heard about...? The claw caught her painfully in the shins, painting a red streak across her white fur. Her legs buckled.

It felt like time slowed down to a crawl. The samurai could merely watch, feeling like an outsider in her own body, as the final hit approached. Still, a small smile found its way onto her lips. A quiet mutter drowned beneath the winds. “Ah... So be it...” The punch landed with dizzying force. It sent the weasel woman skidding backwards across the snow. She hit the wall hard enough to drop the icicles. Ding, ding, ding... The imaginary bell rang thrice.

K.O.

As the mythical monster’s consciousness faded, so did the howling blizzard. Only the soft snowfall remained. Her figure slowly shrank to its usual size. The fur receded back into the pale skin, revealing numerous wounds and bruises. Down and out, she no longer had any say in her fate.

All the commotion had drawn more curious eyes to peek through the windows. Somewhere, money exchanged hands, accompanied by grumbling about bad luck. Loss often tasted bitter. However, a new brawl was about to begin. And new bets were made.

Words: 304
Thread Total: 4884
COMBAT TRACKERS:
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:10 pm
It was, and is still, a common belief that everything big and heavily armored would always be on the slow side. However, Anton had enough experience out in the world to know that this was a complete and utter lie. And right now, there was no clearer example of this than Frau Eiserne, as the large armored woman suddenly charged towards Anton with a frightening burst of speed, throwing an iron covered fist right at him. Fortunately, speed was Anton's forte, as the man quickly leaped to the side, his form shifting into the human, grasshopper hybrid everyone was familiar with by now. He swung out with a leg, aiming to kick the pirate captain, only for her to bring an arm up to block it.

And I just HAD to leave my swords back in my office!

Frau swung a fist to counter attack, only for Anton to roll over the incoming attack, managing to kick her square in the face. The large pirate grunted, her head jerking back as she stepped back, before swinging both fists at Anton in a heavy hammer blow. Anton braced himself for the impact, being thrown backwards but managing to land on his feet. Frau cracked her neck from beneath her helmet, "Not bad," her voice echoed out, "But I felt bees sting harder!" She charged forward, bringing her fist down, only for it to crash into the snow as Anton lept out of the way. However, Frau wasn't going to stop, quickly turning in place to pursue the Rear Admiral.

"Then perhaps you'd prefer something that hits harder?"

Frau managed to quickly stop herself, jumping back just in time to avoid the massive form crashing down in front of her. A large mass of rippling muscle, topped of by the small head of an old man. Anton blinked in surprise. "Cisero?" Frau seemed equally surprised, before suddenly turning around, quickly jumping to avoid Greed, who came flying out of nowhere, guitar in hand like it was a battle axe. "Greed?" As she backed up, she quickly stopped and brought a leg up, to avoid a trio of throwing knives that hit the ground where she had been standing, curtesy of Barnaby. "Barnaby?"

Anton looked around, the three former pirate captains all here, surrounding Frau. "What are you three doing here?" Greed looked back at him, giving a cocky smile. "What's it look like we're doin'? We're helping out our capt'in of course."

Frau stood tall, looking around in surprise, a low growl coming from beneath her helmet. "You fools," she growled, "Why you help him? You could all run! All be free again! Why help this pathetic bug man?"

Barnaby stepped forward. "My dear, this 'pathetic bug man' as you call him, gave me and my crew their lives back. He could have thrown us all in chains and be done with it, but instead gave us a second chance at a life we all thought lost. I could never repay him for that. But this is a good start." "Indeed," Cisero added, "My men and I never chose this pirate life. We were soldiers first and foremost, discarded by a corrupt kingdom. Anton, he's given us a chance to help people again. Just as we originally wanted." Greed looked at everyone before giving a small shrug. "Honestly, I just like the guy."

Anton took a step towards Frau. "Frau, I understand why you hate the marines. I read the reports regarding your crew, and to be honest, I don't entirely believe them. I know something bad happened to you all, and I'm sorry for that. But we don't have to fight. We don't have to make things worse than they already are. Please, stand down Frau Eiserne."

Frau was quiet for a moment, looking around at the four men surrounding him, trying to process everything. She trembled as he fists clenched tightly. "Fools...Damn, idiotic FOOLS!"

Post Word Count: 654
Total Word Count: 5,366
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:03 pm
Money was exchanging hands among the spectators. Some cheered... Some kicked an imaginary can. The loss for the was bitter... But for Ryoichi, the win was the bitter part of it all. Where did it all go wrong that it had to come to this?

Ryoichi who had shifted back into his human form rushed over to Yumiko. It was unfortunate, but as his hands moved towards her, some blood dripped onto her, staining her. Many things rushed through his head as he looked at his unconscious comrade of his.

'What have I done?' 'Why did it come to this?' 'Could I have avoided it?' I need to get help for her.' Fortunately for Yumiko and Ryoichi both, the last option was the dominant one... But close were the other thoughts to overclouding the right choice. Grief is a powerful weapon... But not today.

Ryoichi picked Yumiko up to carry her in both of his arms, moving her off the snow and back inside. He kicked the door open with his foot and moved immediately towards the hospital wing of their settlement.

The door into the hospital wing was open and for a good reason. The remaining injured kept coming, being carried to their beds using the stretchers. Fortunately, for a big settlement, the hospital was also big, and there were beds for every one of Yumiko's victims... As well as Yumiko herself.

For her own safety, and possibly for others, Ryoichi took her to the furthest available bed, placing her down gently, and afterward drag a bed closer to hers and sit down on it as well... Awaiting for a medic, or even doctor Black himself to come and tend to their wounds.

"Several questions will be asked... And a lot of thoughts exchanged." Ryoichi mumbled, as he was waiting for help. He knew what had happened... What the order was... But why was the order given out in the first place? Is it all really tied to what that mysterious Penguin said?

[334/3964/5000]
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:51 pm
While the two titans tussled, the armored woman’s right hand cowered behind the ruined wall. His misshapen eyes flickered weakly and his voice wavered. No, no, no... It’s all going wrong, wrong, wrong... Get in, get out. Free the friends in between. That had been the plan. Only the most important friend was refusing rescue.

All around the complex, the infiltrators and the freed prisoners were getting caught. Jack felt their pocket snails going silent one after another. They were all prepared to sacrifice themselves for their commanding officer, but now... He peeked from his cover, counting the arriving reinforcements. But now it was all spiraling out of control.

With a click and a whirr, the cybernetic man got his ass into gear. Quite literally. He bounced over the wall and landed beside his commander. “Kommadantin, we should retreat, retreat, retreat...” His plea only got a mutter in response. “Jack...” Redoubling his efforts, he grabbed the armored warrior. “Kommandantin, please. We-” Only to be abruptly cut off.

“Jack, listen!”

The fearsome woman kept her steely stare on the numerous foes. Her tone carried grim finality. “My final order. You are Kommandant now. Go.” Suddenly, she grabbed the man by the arm, spun around and flung him like a hammer. “GO!” He went screaming over the heads of the foes. Some of the Marines at the back shouted that he was getting away.

However, following the fleeing cyborg would’ve been a costly mistake... The armored warrior crossed her arms. “Armament...” Dark coloration crept across her entire frame. “...Eiserne Jungfrau! She looked like a fabled black knight right from the pages of a storybook. A labored gasp rattled her helmet and she staggered slightly, but stubbornly stayed on her feet. “Come, little men... YOU FACE ME! At that very moment, the gathered captains found themselves on the path of a living wrecking ball.

---

Meanwhile, inside the base, the infirmary was getting fuller by the moment. Ryoichi’s sudden appearance drew many gazes... And the figure in his arms sparked hushed whispers. Some were clearly relieved that the rampage was over. Others seemed more than a little miffed that the dangerous woman was brought in here. To be fair, getting slashed was a good reason to hold a grudge.

Words: 375
Thread Total: 5259
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:20 pm
As Frau charged towards them, body coated completely black from haki, Anton, Barnaby and Greed dove to the side, as Cisero braced himself with a grin. A dark coating covered his own arms and torso as he readed to take her attack head on. The two giant warriors collided into eachother, Cisero being pushed back, but managing to stay on his feet as the two of them grappled against eachother.

Barnaby quickly drew some knives, hurling them towards Frau's feet. The former kommadant gave a grunt as the knives hit, bouncing off of her reinforced armor. At the same time, Greed came at them from the side, swinging his guitar at her head. Sheer grit kept Frau from staggering, pulling an arm back to swing at Greed, who nimbly dodged out of the way. Heaving in fury, she then swung the fist forward, catching the bulked up Cicero in the stomach. The old pirate captain grunted from the blow, managing to stand his ground and taking the opportunity to grab a hold of her.

Frau snarled from behind her helmet. These three idiots were getting in her way. After all, at the end of the day, it was the Rear Admiral she wanted to beat into the floor. To her, the man was a walking embodiment of the trechery she and her crew had endured. She knew that behind that kind smile and gentle words, he was just another heartless marine, willing to do anything for power.

Yet, as she tried to spot him, she saw no sign of him. The Rear Admiral had disappeared. She gave a hiss of disgust. "You all fight for him, yet he flee first chance he get!" Cisero gave a small chuckle. "Flee? Oh my dear woman, you should probably look up."

Frau blinked and then slowly looked up. It was hard to see, but she could see him there. Anton hadn't run away from the fight. No, the marine had instead jumped straight upwards, going up high into the sky above them. And now, the Rear Admiral was coming down towards her. Anton shot down like an incoming meteor, his body coating itself in Armament Haki. The pirate captains had merely provided a distraction to give him a running start!

Frau growled in anger, shoving Cisero back as she looked up, ready to take him head on. The old pirate's body shrank back down to his own, shrivelled form, as he and the other two captains jumped clear. The former kommadant of the Iron Urchin pirates let out a yell of defiance as she swung a punch at Anton.

Everything then seemed to slow down. At least, it did for the two fighting. For everyone else, it all happened so fast.

Anton crashed into Frau feet first, the impact sending her crashing into the ground. A split second later, there was a brief flash, as Frau almost felt a second impact, cracking the heavy armor she was. Then, just a second later, the third and final impact hit. The sonic boom that followed Anton down cratered the ground around them, the force of the blow smashing the haki-infused armor.

Frau couldn't believe it. He was just a scrawny little bug man. A pitiful noble wannabe who his behind his men. How could someone like that hold such strength? Fortunately, he didn't have time to dwell on her shock and surprise, before she drifted into unconsciousness.

Anton stood atop of the fallen pirate captain, panting heavily. Honestly, that attack had worked better than he had expected. While her second in command had most likely gotten away, at the very least he prevented Frau from escaping. He looked at the three captains who were standing by, watching them. "Someone, take her back to her cell, would you?"

As Barnaby and Greed moved to pick up the unconscious Frau, the two inspectors, who had wisely stayed back during all of this, now approached. "Well, I must say that was a fine display," Closou spoke up, "I do say, the marines could use more men like you. Not this pirate riff-raff you're so intent on helping. I dare say this whole affair could have been avoided were it not for their presence here." Greed, Barnaby and Cisero shot the inspector a very dirty look. After all of that, this pointy nosed bastard was still going to run his mouth.

"Actually, I must disagree with you." Everyone paused, before looking over at Inspector Darling. The man had been completely silent up to this point. "From what I've seen, these former pirates have proven quite dependable. A little rough around the edges, yes, but they've been shown to be willing to follow orders, and even to assist you in combat without being prompted. I'm not sure how you managed to win such loyalty out of them Mr. La'croix, but I must say I'm impressed." Closou blinked in surprise before giving a small snort, "Dependable indeed. When they're not too busy fighting eachother."

Anton's eyes narrowed. He knew who Closou was referring to. However, Darling interjected before he could say anything. "I think you'll find, my friend, that those two we saw fighting earlier were in fact Marines. Isn't that right Mr. La'croix?" "What!?" Anton gave a grim nod, "Petty Officers Yumiko and Ryoichi sir." He hated having to rat them out like this, but he couldn't let everything he had built up to this point be put into jeopardy. Darling nodded. "Ah yes. The woman from Wano. I do recall seeing reports about that woman from previous commanders. Indeed, it is a bit of an embarrassment when former pirates prove more capable than our marines. Rest assured, Mr La'croix, that this will all be featured in our report."

Closou still looked uncertain, but let out a frustrated sigh. "If that is the case, then I cannot refute Darling's words. The man does have a keen eye for this sort of thing. I still don't trust this program of yours, but it's hard to argue with results. I just hope our trust won't be misplaced Mr La'croix. It will be a great disappointment."

Anton nodded. "Thank you sir. Both of you." Had he actually managed to pull it off? Despite everything that happened today, he had managed to save the program? Right now, exhaustion was keeping him from bouncing up and down with joy. Exhaustion, and one other matter in mind that he needed to take care of.

He needed to have a talk with Ryoichi and Yumiko, once they recovered.

Post Word Count: 1,091
Total Word Count: 6,457
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:58 pm
With the head hanging forward and the eyes open, Ryoichi was sitting down. The open eyes were fixated on the fist that had struck the last blow. The bystanders could notice that there was something off. Ryoichi did not seem like Ryoichi himself. He had lived through many fights... But none had ended with his fist shaking.

"I never... Meant to..."

Ryoichi's low mumble to self was interrupted by an approaching medic. "Things have gotten under control. We can take care of you now." 'accompanying' the medic was the cart full of medical equipment. Out of the two, medics had a keen interest to tend to Ryoichi first... Which Ryoichi 'politely refused'

"What are you doing? Tend to her first. She might have broken bones... Nose... Possible concussion."

"B...But... Petty Officer Ayugai. You... You are bleeding all over... And she... She"

"She what?" Ryoichi glanced over at the medic who then took a step back to go to the nearest available marine officer to whisper something to him. Moments later, a familiar sound entered Ryoichi's ears, that of sea stone cuffs clinging.

"What do you think you are doing, Lieutenant?"

"For the safety of us all around here, we have to cuff her before we can tend to her."

"She does not need to be cuffed. I am here."

"I ask you to stand down, Petty Officer Ayugai. That's an order. Petty Officer Yumiko is to be cuffed."

At this point, a lot had happened... And with each passing moment, the agitation kept creeping up to Ryoichi. "And I said she does not need to be cuffed. This entire ordeal started with someone giving orders to capture her."

But the Lieutenant would not have it. He decided to carry out the act of 'justice' and did not stop with even Ryoichi standing in between. "Last warning. I will have to arrest you for being a suspected accomplice."

"And I said... I am enough." Agitated Ryoichi stood up from the bench and stared into the eyes of the Lieutenant. In the brief moment of staring, the emotions within Ryoichi got the better of him, and it felt as if a burst of emotions left Ryoichi, sending waves across the base... Some would recognize this mass burst of emotions full of willpower to protect... And most, especially in the very medbay they were in, would collapse at the sight of it.

This ordeal lead those capable to call in the head of the medbay, which was none other than the good Doctor Black. "What happened here?" the doctor asked around from those who had either regained consciousness or had not collapsed.

"H...He... He" the few fingers pointed in direction of Ryoichi and Yumiko. The 'culprits' of the incident were found, and the doctor made his way toward them. "Was it you?"

Ryoichi who had retaken the seat was looking at Yumiko. "I don't know what you are talking about... But please, tend to her and then just patch me up... This big misunderstanding needs to be... Solved."

Compared to the medics and Lieutenant who did not know better, the Doctor could make his own conclusion of the situation, and nodded to Ryoichi's request, taking as much time as he needed on both Yumiko, and Ryoichi.

[543/4507/5000]
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:48 am
Skilled hands got to work. Wounds were disinfected, bones braced and bodies bandaged. Every fight had its ugly costs. Yumiko’s total came to dozens of bruises, several cracked ribs and a broken nose. ...Oh, and definitely a concussion too. Paying the painful bill would take weeks, perhaps even months. Honestly, compared to the injuries and property damage caused, she had gotten off easy. Things could have gone worse. Much worse.

While the doctor and his assistant medics worked, the murmured protests died down to uneasy silence. Those still conscious were reluctant to stay in the same room. Many of them left quietly. Probably better that they didn’t stick around, anyhow. The patients needed time to rest.

Slowly, the passing minutes stretched into an hour...

And another...

Third...

Finally, at the dawn of the fourth hour, the fallen samurai stirred. Remaining uncuffed had done wonders for her recovery. Her eyes fluttered open weakly. The room around was a blur of murky silhouettes. “Where... am I...?” The words scratched at her dry throat. She couldn’t breathe too well. “What... happened...?” She struggled to push herself up, only to wince at the pain shooting through her ribs. Her head felt like a wildly ringing church bell. The whole world was swaying.

Stubbornly, the wounded warrior gritted her teeth and forced herself to sit up on the bed. She squinted at her surroundings. Finally, the silhouettes started taking actual shape. There was Ryoichi, Doctor Black, the green-haired punk pirate woman... “Sup.” She recoiled from the casual greeting. “...And why is she here?!” The yelp was suffocated by a strained cough. Struggling to catch her breath. Everything ached.

Circe strutted lazily closer. She took a familiar blade from her hip and dropped it in the samurai’s lap. “Brought your sword.” Her attitude was pretty apathetic for someone who had just handed a supposedly dangerous maniac a sharp weapon.

The gesture was enough to leave said maniac almost speechless. “I... Uh... Thank you... She clutched the sheathed blade closer to her chest. Even the pain and puzzlement couldn’t hide her obvious relief. Somehow... It was a little easier to breathe now.

However, the gratitude was immediately waved aside. “Eh, don’t mention it. You dropped it when Boss Bear knocked you flat on your ass.” The punk shrugged and turned to leave. “A pretty lame way to lose your blade, you know, but whatever...” With her usual, overflowing energy, she ambled over to a free chair and plopped down. If she was going to get interrogated, like the bear guy had wanted, this place was way cozier than the cells.

Yumiko’s eyes widened. Reminiscent of a snapping rubber band, her mind caught up to the grim reality. Earlier events replayed vividly in her memories. She recalled the report of there being pirates on the island... Then, her comrades had turned on her, even Ryoichi, supposedly on the Rear Admiral’s orders... There had been a bloody fight... And she had lost. Her trembling grip on the sword tightened. What should she do...?

What could she do?

Meanwhile, the most important man on the island was receiving a report shortly. One of the medical staff informed him that ‘the suspect’ had regained consciousness. The little tattletale also told him that unlike the protocol demanded, she had not been cuffed with seastone, because Petty Officer Ayugai had expressly forbidden it.

Words: 560
Thread Total: 5819
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:04 pm
Anton was tired. Very tired.

Today had been a complete disaster. Everything Anton had been trying to build up these last few days almost went up in smoke, and it was only by some miracle that they had come through on the other side intact. Granted, by this point in his career, Anton almost EXPECTED something to go wrong with everything he did, but it was still physically and emotionally draining by the end of the day.

After the whole incident with Frau, Anton had returned to his office, going over the paperwork. He made sure the two inspectors were safely escorted back to their ship and on their way back to headquarters with their report, while the former captain of the Iron Urchins was returned to her cell. They hadn't managed to find any other infiltrators, with a thorough search of the island turning up empty. It was safe to assume by this point that they had decided to withdraw, which was perfectly fine by Anton. Enough had happened today and he just wanted it to be over.

However, there was still one last thing he needed to take care of. He needed to fill in Yumiko and Ryoichi on what had happened. No doubt there would be a lot of questions about it, and hopefully these last couple of hours gave everyone enough time to calm down. Still, it was a conversation he was dreading. Everything had just gone so wrong so fast.

Celia was in his office with him, going over the paperwork and reports, when there was a knock at the door. "Enter." The door slowly opened before a seaman poked his head in. "Sir? Um, you wanted us to inform you when she woke up." Anton gave a small nod, already knowing who 'she' was. "Good. Have her and Ryoichi report to my office." The seaman nodded. "Um, just to let you know sir, she, um, she won't be cuffed. Petty Officer Ryoichi prohibited us from doing so."

Anton quietly looked at the seaman in the doorway. "Is she being violent in any way?" "Um, no sir. She's been relatively passive." "Then there's no need for the cuffs. Thank you." Truth be told, he only wanted the restraints if she was going to get violent, and even then it caused his stomach to turn thinking that he had to resort to that. The seamen nodded, retreated back behind the door as it closed.

Anton sat back in his seat, letting out a tired sigh. This was not going to be fun, he just knew it.

Post Word Count: 430
Total Word Count: 6,887
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun May 07, 2023 2:39 pm
Compared to Yumiko, Ryoichi's 'patching up' took only at most twenty minutes. This left the man plenty of time to do some investigation of his own while Yumiko was recovering. Lucky for the man, he did not have to leave the medbay, after all, most of the informants got sent to the same place where he and Yumiko were.

"Apprehend Yumiko at all cost."

"Arrest Yumiko, don't let any collateral damage to happen."

"Rear Admiral sir... Ordered us to arrest Yumiko."

"Yumiko said there were pirates here, and then we were ordered to arrest her."

The story kept repeating, it was all the same, just sentences were formed with different words used. And it all lead to one conclusion. "Rear Admiral ordered Yumiko to be arrested and not let any collateral damage to happen." Ryoichi mumbled to himself as he tried to conclude the situation.

"But... Why?" was the question in Ryoichi's mind that only the Rear Admiral himself could answer. Then there was also that nagging voice in the back of his head... What the penguin said. There was more of someone... Was it the pirates... One of the injured marines who Ryoichi questioned did mention Yumiko saying there were pirates... But Ryoichi knew that!

The Rear Admiral's new redemption program had caused quite a mess in Ryoichi's eyes, and even more so for Yumiko. It did not take long until Ryoichi's thoughts on what the strange penguin has said had been put to rest as the message and news were delivered to him by none other than Celia.

The message was to report to the Rear Admiral, he and Yumiko both... But the news confirmed there really had been more pirates, infiltrating ones trying to free their comrades. Truly a pain in the backside that one. Ryoichi could not help but let out a heavy sigh. "Let him know we'll come once Yumiko is feeling better, thank you."

Celia nodded and left the busy medbay. Ryoichi however returned to sit down on the chair right next to Yumiko's bed, waiting for her regain consciousness, which thankfully happened in a couple of hours. The man was not that good at expressing it, but he grabbed her hand and looked into her eyes. "I am glad you woke up so fast."

With his head bowing deeply down as he was 'facing' Yumiko, he apologized to her. "I have put you through pain, it is unforgivable to hurt my comrade like this. I apologize. I am sorry I did not listen to you or try to understand you better. We would not be here like this if I had done so."

He let Yumiko speak what ever she wanted to say before he explained to her that he had gotten the hang of the bigger picture of the very situation. "I know now what happened... And I promise you Anton will hear a piece of my mind on this very matter. We are expected to his office."

Once Yumiko was ready to move, so would Ryoichi. Without cuffing her or anything, he trusted her to follow him to their boss's office peacefully. It was time to put a matter to rest.

[530/5037/5000]
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon May 08, 2023 12:09 pm
Yumiko was still trying to process the painful reality, when Ryoichi suddenly snagged her hand. She blinked at his relief. What a peculiar fighter... To worry over his foe like this... However, her expression soured when he tried to offer his apologies. ‘...it is unforgivable to hurt my comrade...’ His words sliced deep, leaving a scar on her mind. No, this was all backwards. He had won, yet here he was, hanging his head in shame.

When given a chance, the samurai spoke her mind. “Please raise thy head, Sir Ayugai.” She mustered all the strength she could. This was not something she could say with a wavering voice. “A warrior does not apologize for his victories.” She leveled her most serious stare at him. “The fault is all mine. Thou were right, I was wrong. ‘Tis disgraceful to dwell on what could have been.” Mincing words had never been the brutally blunt woman’s style.

As the explanation was given, the wounded woman got on her feet. “So... be it.” She grunted through gritted teeth, as a jolt of pain shot through her chest. Something was broken and the painkillers were wearing off. No matter... A warrior did not give in to pain. She marched out of the medical bay with grim determination.

Soon, there was a knock on the door of the most important office in the building. Three slow, harsh taps... And silence. Only when the permission was granted, the door opened.

Yumiko loomed at the doorway, looking like death warmed over. Hideous shades of black and blue painted her pale skin. Bandages bound her chest tightly. A tiny cast held her nose together. Despite the injuries, her stare was sharp. “Rear Admiral.” All warmth and familiarity was gone from her gaze. “Thou wished to see this one.” Her tone tended to be frigidly formal at the best of times, but right now it was cold as ice.

Reminiscent of a stalking beast, the swordswoman slowly stepped over the threshold. “Because this one attacked enlisted Marines with the intent to kill.” It was spoken with chilling calmness. No hesitation. No remorse. Briefly, her hand hovered over the sword on her waist, as if considering something sinister...

Stopping before the desk, the samurai straightened her back and stood at attention. Another agonizing jolt shot through her ribs and her expression twitched with pain, but she stubbornly hardened herself. Questions swirled like a cloud of locusts inside her mind, eating away at her. Yet, she only chose to voice one, before falling deathly silent.

“Why?”

Words: 425
Thread Total: 6244
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord