Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Episode] Mink-staken IdentityYesterday at 11:38 pmPikasso[World Event] A Fool's ErrandYesterday at 10:27 pmMoreau[Claims] Devil Fruit ClaimsYesterday at 8:51 pmRagnar[Advertisement] [Advertisement] Fate/Shards: AU Fate/stay night RPWed Mar 13, 2024 6:51 pmGuest[Arc] Dreams of Kings and Castles: Part III- Invocation Under StarlightThu Mar 07, 2024 4:24 amDoji[Episode] The Bloody ChamberMon Mar 04, 2024 5:22 pmNoah[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSun Mar 03, 2024 7:52 pmDoji[Tracker] Molly TohvThu Feb 29, 2024 10:47 pmMolly Tohv[Claims] Face ClaimsTue Feb 27, 2024 11:15 amGray
Go down
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
[tracker=/t544-anton-la-croix#2124]
Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
Species : Human
Faction : Marine
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Crew Role : Captain
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 1,472,069,543
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[bookworm]][[childofdestiny]]
[[berryprinter]][[punchoutguru]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]
Turf : [turf="/t299-turf-details-minion-island#1113"]Minion Island[/turf]

[Episode] Under Control - Page 4 Empty Re: [Episode] Under Control

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon May 08, 2023 1:58 pm
Anton and Celia were waiting quietly in his office, just waiting for the approaching footsteps before the door opened, revealing the two marines he had called for.

Already he could see the harshness in Yumiko's gaze. He was used to the woman's overl formality, but now there was a sense of coldness to it as well. Not that he could blame her. This whole day had been an absolute nightmare for everyone today. And now, the temperature in the room was colder than what it was outside.

As Yumiko asked her question, anyone else would have flinched under that razor sharp stare. But Anton was just tired. This whole day had exhausted him. He let out a sigh. "Because I know you by now, Yumiko." Slowly, he stood up from his seat, his gaze not leaving Yumiko's for a second. "You act before you think. You're quick to draw your blade and even quicker to use it. So when my messanger came back and told me you took off before he could finish explaining the situation to you, I knew what was going to happen. And I could NOT allow that to happen. Not today."

He turned to look out the window behind him. "That was why I sent the others after you. To try and bring you to me before you could do anything and so I could keep an eye on you, give you the full situation." He let out another sigh. "I had HOPED you would simply stop and come in quietly, not lash out like a cornered animal and start attacking everyone in sight."

Celia remained silent throughout this whole exchange, watching all three of them.

Anton slowly turned to look back at the pair of them. "By some miracle the situation didn't completely collapse upon itself. The inspectors have just left, with a recommendation that my program be allowed to move forward. A small relief in this case. But now we have this underlying issue to deal with. We simply CANNOT allow anything like this to happen again."

Post Word Count: 343
Total Word Count: 7,230
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai
[tracker=/t1576-ryoichi-ayugai#8716]
Name : Ryoichi Ayugai
Epithet : The Boxing Bear
Height : 6 feet 1 inch (1.85m)
Weight : 198 lbs (95kg)
Faction : Marines
Crew : Blue Fist Academy
Ship : SSS Rocky
Marine Rank : Rear Admiral
Crew Role : Grandmaster
Devil Fruit : Kuma-Kuma no Mi (Bear-Bear Fruit) Model: Polar Bear
Quality Score : A
Income Bonus : +0.15 (Rear Admiral); 0.20 (to all allies)
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 50,000,000
Balance : [bel] 485,600,807
[[baneoftheweak]][[dreamsneverdie]][[childofdestiny]][[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue May 09, 2023 3:45 pm
Before Yumiko could get a word out, Ryoichi could not help but step up. As the man who had stopped the situation from escalating further, he felt like he had the right to say.

"You claim to know Yumiko... And yet you let the pirates in."

Ryoichi approaches Anton's desk while speaking.

"I did an investigation of my own. You set men out with orders to arrest or apprehend Yumiko, depending on who you asked. What was Yumiko supposed to take from this very clear order? Her guard was already up ever since of this damned program you pushed through!"

With each passing word, the tone of Ryoichi starts rising.

"This was a nail in the coffin! The nail that made her act out, defend herself! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?! Next, I learned that there had indeed been an invasion of pirates trying to save their own! For all we know, she had every right to be on guard!

The hands clench into the fist as his eyes widen and a rather angry frown appears on his face, staring at Anton.

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS WHOLE PROGRAM SHOWCASES TO THE WORLD?! THE WORLD WE ARE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT, THE PEOPLE WE ARE SUPPOSED TO SERVE! HOW CAN THE WORLD TRUST US IF WE GIVE AMNESTY TO PIRATES IF THEY JOIN OUR RANKS?! FOR ALL WE KNOW IT'S AS GOOD AS US JUST LETTING THEM WALK FREE! NO SENTENCE?!"

Ryoichi leaned a bit forward as he rests both of his fists on the table, his eyes still focused on Anton. His tone seemed to calm somewhat.

"I believe in second chances... But I also believe criminals deserve to carry out a sentence. And this... This is not one of them! This program is none better than that of Shichibukai system! I am not a man of politics but even I know that the world is splitting! The New Revolutionary Army is gathering support! We are simply pushing people to them now, HUH?!"

Ryoichi leans away from the table. His hand moves towards the emblem that is on his sailor's uniform as it is then ripped off and placed down on the table.

"This is not the Marines I signed up for. Consider this as my application for retirement at the ripe age of 22."

Ryoichi turns and readies himself to leave, but his walking speed is slow enough for anyone to stop him... The question is... Will he let them?

[410/5447/5000]
Yumiko
Yumiko
[tracker=/t1347-yumiko#7408]
Name : Yumiko
Epithet : Kamaitachi
Height : 5'5'' / 165 cm
Weight : 128 lbs. / 58 kg
Faction : Civilian
Devil Fruit : Ita Ita no Mi, Model: Kamaitachi
Balance : [bel] 2,278,965,048
[[baneoftheweak]][[dragonheart]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed May 10, 2023 11:56 am
Each sentence sliced like a blade through the samurai’s soul. The questions in her mind died one by one. New ones tried to take their place, only to be cut down all the same. Her pride was left in shreds. A whole new kind of anger began to boil and bubble inside her, slowly burning through the icy exterior...

However, before the swordswoman could even begin to retort, a roar of righteous rage shook the room. She could only stand in wide-eyed silence, as the boxer tore into the Rear Admiral. It was a veritable pummeling of a verbal kind. Blow after blow, the Petty Officer let all the built up frustrations flow.

By the end of the barrage, the warrior woman was left speechless. She couldn’t even begin to think what to say... So she said nothing. It was not her battlefield, not yet. Sir Ayugai could fight his own battles. He deserved to make his own decisions and have his own closure.

---

While things were getting heated in the office, the hallway outside was eerily quiet. A lonely figure leaned against the wall right by the door. Circe had quietly followed the two troublemakers all the way here for reasons only she knew. Now, she lazily picked at her scythe-shaped guitar, playing a soundless song. Neither the instrument nor the musician seemed to have any energy.

Soon, a hushed question demanded the guitarist’s attention. “Oi, what’re you doin’ here?” ...Well, as hushed as the pale mohawk man managed with his weaponized voice. He strutted over and gave his former underling a skeptical look. “What, you think it might get messy?” He nodded towards the door, which was practically shaking from all the shouting.

Circe didn’t even glance up from her instrument. “Just hanging out...” She mumbled with her usual enthusiasm. It convinced no one, least of all the one man who knew her the best. The insistent question was deflected with a shrug. “Don’t know... Don’t really care... Why are you here...?” She finally peeked at her former captain, trying to get a read on him.

Greed plopped himself on the opposite site of the door. Idly, he leaned back and put his hands behind his head. “...Eh, just hangin’ out.” He conceded, before falling silent as well. Not his stage, not his concert... But if things did get messy, he would be right in that mosh pit.

Words: 400
Thread Total: 6644
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat May 13, 2023 12:08 am
Anton remained deathly quiet as Ryoichi spoke, listening as the man soon went on his tirade about what was happening, all before finally tearing off his insignia and announcing his retirement. No, his resignation. As he turned to leave, it was Celia who spoke up. "Ryoichi, this is just too much! Yes, Anton made some mistakes, but it's not like he's going into this without thinking. He's been trying non stop to-"

She was suddenly cut off when Anton raised a hand, a simple gesture for silence. His expression was grave, but there was no denying the anger burning behind his eyes. Anton had been through a lot these last few days. He had spent several days arguing with the admiralty to give this program a try. This last day had been unbelievably stressful for him. And now, Ryoichi's self righteous, and ignorant, moral lecturing was proving to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

"You think I'm simply letting them walk free? Just giving them a slap on the wrist and calling it a day?" his voice was quiet, but there was now a clear, very sharp edge to his tone, "It just goes to show you haven't been listening to a damn thing I've said. These pirates, no, the conscripts, are under MY command. MY responsibility! They mess up, and they lose the privilage I'm extending to them, and their failure falls back onto me. Just like how any failure by you, Yumiko, and any other marine on this island, falls back onto ME!"

Anton walked around the desk, approaching Ryoichi's retreating back. The Rear Admiral's anger was rising with every step. "You speak of second chances, but in this world, for pirates there ARE no second chances! Even people who so much as harbor them are punished severely. Hell, even a child can find themselves marked for death, simply by being born to the wrong parents! A whole island, and the innocents on it, can be purged in an instant, because an Admiral deemed someone there a big enough threat. Tell me, is that the marines you signed up for!?" Anton's slammed a fist into the wall by the door. "You want to know why so many people look upon us in disdain? Why so many are going to the Revolutionary Army? TAKE ONE GOOD LONG FUCKING LOOK AT MARY GEOISE! I'm so sorry for having to burst that little bubble of ignorance you and Yumiko seem to be enjoying, but the truth is the system if very much broken!"

Anton took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. His sharp gaze never wavering. "And whether I like it or not, and believe me I DON'T, I'm stuck in this system. I don't get the choice to retire or quit like you all have. So all I can do is try to fix the system from within. Bring some compassion back to the marines. Give these people a chance to right the wrongs they committed, and do some damn good for the world instead, instead of simply tossing them to rot away in a cell for the rest of their days, or send them to the gallows."

His eyes narrowed as he stared at Ryoichi. "So, what are you going to do? Simply walk away because you don't like what you see? Or are you going to stay, prove your words are more than just empty posturing, and try to do some good for the world?"

-----@^@-----

Meanwhile, out in the hallway, Greed and Circe would find themselves not the only ones arriving at the door. Both former pirates would look over to see Lune and Sol approach, the twins stopping when they saw the two pirates. "What are you two doin' 'ere?" Greed asked in a hushed tone. "We heard Anty was all stressed out after everything," Lune whispered back, "So we thought we'd cheer him up!"

Sol rose an eyebrow at her sister. "Um, Lune? Why are you whispering?" Lune looked to Sol, "Just seems like a good time to whisper." At that moment, all four pirates jumped slightly at the sound of Anton's fist hitting the wall on the other side, followed by shouting. "Ok, whispering sounds good. Whispering is very good right now." "Told you."

Post Word Count: 713
Total Word Count: 7,943
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai
[tracker=/t1576-ryoichi-ayugai#8716]
Name : Ryoichi Ayugai
Epithet : The Boxing Bear
Height : 6 feet 1 inch (1.85m)
Weight : 198 lbs (95kg)
Faction : Marines
Crew : Blue Fist Academy
Ship : SSS Rocky
Marine Rank : Rear Admiral
Crew Role : Grandmaster
Devil Fruit : Kuma-Kuma no Mi (Bear-Bear Fruit) Model: Polar Bear
Quality Score : A
Income Bonus : +0.15 (Rear Admiral); 0.20 (to all allies)
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 50,000,000
Balance : [bel] 485,600,807
[[baneoftheweak]][[dreamsneverdie]][[childofdestiny]][[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun May 21, 2023 6:47 am
It is true what they say. An angry mind is a narrow mind. One does and says stupid things... But was it all stupid in reality what he said? Perhaps to bystanders, it was, but Ryoichi felt he was making a point, but he also knew that Anton was making a point of his own. He turned his head to gaze into Anton's eyes just as he was gazing into Ryoichi's.

"You are right. What awaits them could have been worse than what they got. You are right, we have worse problems in our own system, that being the exact ones you mentioned, I have never denied that, my lashing out at you is a testament to the fact that I am ready to fight the system when I see it needs to be fought against."

Ryoichi then turned to face Anton once more.

"Ignorance is a two-way street. What you see as ignorance might not be seen by others, and vice versa. We all have a sob story about why we do something, some of why we became a pirate or criminals. It's unfortunate at times, cruel, even sad. And yet that does not give us a right to be the bully."

Ryoichi's hand moves towards the door handle while he remains to face Anton.

"I respect what you try to do, and perhaps you'll be successful. It makes me glad that we have people in the system who believe... Unfortunately, you have to be ready that not all see it that way. I believe they should not be given the uniform. Perhaps for some of them, the Impel Down truly is not the place, but uniform and lowest rank of our system is not the answer either, not until they have proven themselves to be competent and willing for change. Community service, perhaps. The world is frail, we should not try and fracture it further."

Ryoichi opens the door, but before he gets ready to leave, he extends his hand to offer Anton the final handshake.

"Maybe I know why you do this, or rather, for whom. Unfortunately, this is the saga where you'll have to do all of this on your own. As good of a bunch they are, I'm afraid for the peace of it all, you will not see me amongst the ranks of the Guardian Knights. Good luck, old friend."

Whether Anton accepts the handshake or not, Ryoichi would still leave the room. Was he to say something, he would still stop for a moment to hear him out, but he would not answer anything.

Out in the hallway, no matter who stood in his way or next to the walls, he would simply silently walk past them. As much as Ryoichi is concerned, he is either retired, resigned, or on a long vacation, and his only destination right now is to get onto the nearest ready ship that is ready to leave... Back home.

[491/5938/5000]
Yumiko
Yumiko
[tracker=/t1347-yumiko#7408]
Name : Yumiko
Epithet : Kamaitachi
Height : 5'5'' / 165 cm
Weight : 128 lbs. / 58 kg
Faction : Civilian
Devil Fruit : Ita Ita no Mi, Model: Kamaitachi
Balance : [bel] 2,278,965,048
[[baneoftheweak]][[dragonheart]][[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun May 21, 2023 9:27 am
Stopping to listen proved absolutely essential. It gave the wounded warrior a much needed chance to gather her thoughts. To gain some context. And the context was utterly haunting. The words were left echoing inside her skull. Everything she had come to know, or thought she had known, about Marines and her Master was twisted into something unrecognizable. A cornered animal... Failure... Ignorance... The system... Broken... Each harsh revelation struck like a hammer against an already fragile mind.

Until something shattered.

Truth had such a bitter taste to it. As the realization sank in, the Wano woman’s proud posture deflated. Her shoulders slumped and head drooped. Tension left her frame, leaving behind only an exhausted husk. She had thought -or hoped, perhaps- that the Rear Admiral would be different from her previous captains. Someone who would finally see justice the same way she did. How naive. In the end, he too saw her as an ignorant pawn. Merely a cornered animal lashing out...

While Ryoichi walked out, Yumiko kept quiet. She made no move to stop him. Didn’t even offer a final farewell. Instead, she waited for the heavy silence to settle upon them once again. A warrior did not question another warrior’s decisions. They had already clashed in that regard and she had lost. She had nothing more to say.

Once the silence returned, the swordswoman slid her weapon out of its sheath with chilling calmness. “‘Tis unforgivable to hurt a comrade...” She echoed the sentiment of a now former crewmate, while looking at her reflection on the bloodied blade. “I have done many unforgivable things today...” Sheathing the weapon again, she bowed her head as low as her injuries allowed. “For what little ‘tis worth, I do sincerely apologize. It never was my intention to harm thy vassals. The crime is mine alone.” As always, her honesty was absolute. Now, there was only one loose end left: ensuring that this never happened again.

For the first time ever, Yumiko raised her head without waiting for permission or dismissal. She carefully removed the small emblem marking her as a Petty Officer. Bloodstains sullied the brass. She pinched the long sleeve of her kimono and started polishing it. The motions were slow and meticulous, clearly practiced countless times. Once the metal was spotless, she placed it on the desk. It gleamed gently under the light.

For a brief moment, the samurai simply stared at the tiny trinket. Then, soft words drifted across the room. “More than the crew, I pledged loyalty to a great man... A noble leader who truly believed in the system of justice. A righteous warrior who swore to protect those who cannot protect themselves.” She lifted her attention from the emblem. “I... do not see him anymore...” Her gaze was hollow, like she was looking at a total stranger.

Without another word, the swordswoman marched out of the room. By now, the hallway outside of the office was crowded. She ignored their stares, as she walked past. Their words, whether kind or cruel, didn’t reach her anymore. Stepping through the ruined entrance, she spread her arms and breathed in the brisk winter air. The rising winds rustled her hair and tugged at her clothes. With a frigid flurry, a whirlwind whisked her to the skies. Where she would end up, well, even she wasn’t quite sure. It no longer mattered.

The next chapter of her story would be written on a brand new page.

Words: 564
Thread Total: 7222
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:09 pm
Anton listened quietly as both Ryoichi and Yumiko spoke. He could see Ryoichi was coming from. He had heard some of these same arguments when he initially proposed the program to begin with. He understood them. But he knew keeping things the way they were now...it simply couldn't work. Things had to change. And Anton hoped he could help things change for the better. He could understand the man's desire to leave, that he no longer felt a place here. Anton knew there would come a time when the man would leave his ranks, but it still hurt to see it happening now.

And as for Yumiko...her words hurt. Yes, Anton had changed. He had hoped he had changed for the better. The worst part, was that her words weren't spoken out of malice or vindictiveness. It was what she truly believed. That just made it hurt all the more. Anton's expression softened, the anger and frustration he had earlier melting away. Now, there was only sadness and understanding. "I understand completely," he replied somberly, looking over the pair of them. "I...I wish you both the very best..." That was all he could do, wasn't it?

As the two of them quietly left, Anton stood there for a moment, quietly in thought. Then, he turned around, walking back to his desk, taking a seat and pulling out a piece of paper. Grabbing a pen, his hand shot across the paper, quickly writing something down.

It was at that point that the gathered former pirates outside took the chance to peek in. They had stepped back and not said anything when Ryoichi and Yumiko had left. To say they were a little concerned about their new captain was an understatement. After a brief moment, Greed finally spoke up. "Erm, you ok bo-erm, sir?" Anton was quiet for a moment, still writing something down. Once finished, he pulled an envelope out, folded up the paper and slipped it in, sealing it closed. Anton finally looked up at the people before him. "Circe." The apathetic pirate blinked and nodded. "Yeah?" Anton held out the envelope towards her, "Take this down to the mail room. See to it this is sent off to Marine Headquarters immediately." Circe looked down at the envelope and then nodded. "Sure."

As she turned to leave, Anton looked to the others. "I...appreciate your concern. But it's all the same to you all, I'd rather have some time alone." Lune took a step forward. "But-" "Please..." The expression on his face said it all. He was tired. Very tired. They paused for a brief moment, before giving a small nod, turning and quietly filtering out of the room.

The only one who hadn't left was Celia. Anton glanced over at her. "That means you too Celia." Celia didn't budge. "Anton...was that?" Anton gave a small nod. "He's a good man. He deserves it. I hope that he accepts it, instead of just resigning. Do you have any objections?" Celia shook her head. "No. Just surprised."

Everything was quiet for a moment, before Anton sighed and sat back in his seat, closing his eyes. "Celia...am I doing the right thing? With all this I mean?" Celia was quiet for a moment, before walking over to Anton's side. "I'll admit, I wasn't sure about it at first. I was honestly surprised. But, I guess I can understand now, spending some time with them. They're rough around the edges, sure, but they're not all bad people. Besides, I know you. You wouldn't jump into something blindly like this. Hell, you memorized all the laws and protocols, specifically to find loopholes to get out of work, remember?" Anton gave a small chuckle. "Yeah...I remember." His smile faded. "It just...hurts...you know?"

Celia nodded. "I know. But hang in there. Doing what you feel is right can be a painful thing at times. But, well, you've gotten so much stronger since we first met. I'm proud of you Anton."

"Thank you..."

[End]

Post Word Count: 665
Total Word Count: 8,608
Gray
Gray
The Conqueror / Black Fist
[tracker=/t131-tracker-gray-starks#504]
Name : Gray
Epithet : "The Conqueror"; "Black Fist"
Height : 10'2" (310 cm)
Weight : 1043 lbs (473 kg)
Species : Cyborg Human
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Lurking Legend (Former Yonkou)
Crew : Black Fist Pirates (Destroyed)
Ship : Sangria's Vane (Destroyed)
Crew Role : Captain (Former)
Devil Fruit : Pressure-Pressure Fruit
Bounty : [ber=r] 5,000,000,000
Income Bonus : +0.20
Shop Discount : -30%
Balance : [bel] 25,000,000,000
[[strollingdeath]][[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[childofdestiny]][[freakofnature]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:49 am

GRADING

Quality Score (Re)assessment: No

REWARDS

Anton La'croix:
Yumiko:
Ryoichi Ayugai:

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum