Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Rolls] Start me up!Tue May 07, 2024 12:06 amRNGesus[Episode] Mink-staken IdentitySun May 05, 2024 4:03 amYumiko[Tracker] Othello DuvalFri May 03, 2024 4:30 amOthello Duval[World Event] A Fool's ErrandWed May 01, 2024 7:46 pmVolo Rosso[Bio] Othello DuvalWed May 01, 2024 10:48 amGray[Claims] Face ClaimsMon Apr 29, 2024 8:36 amGray[Episode] A unusual meet upSat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 amLavender[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:01 amMaxwell[Episode] [Transportation] A Grand OpeningMon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 pmSkoll
Go down
Rias Keko
Rias Keko
[tracker=/t1683-rias-keko#9293]
Name : Rias Keko
Epithet : Funbags
Height : 5 Feet 7 Inch (1.70m)
Weight : 143 lbs (65kg)
Species : Human
Faction : New Revolutionary Army
Bounty : [ber=r] 4,300,000
Quality Score : B
Balance : [bel] 234,675,000
[[childofdestiny]]
[[mythicalzoan]][[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Arc] Mountains and Plains: Part II - North Blue Special Empty [Arc] Mountains and Plains: Part II - North Blue Special

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:32 pm
Part I - Spider Miles Challenge:

A slap landed on the radio snail and a loud tune began to play from the bottom level deck which echoed all around the ship, even on the windy top deck. Moments later, an enthusiastic tone began to speak, not out of the radio, but actually next to the radio snail itself, sounding like a man with skills in voicing on the radio... OR... Semi successful Ship show.

"Tonight! I eat a cabbage... The Sticks does a skid in a supercharged ship... And James commits arson."

"Hang on... Why am I the one committing the crime here?" "If you have not noticed, James, we are all committing a crime as we speak." James stepped away from the wheel and moved towards the open hatch that led down to stairs and got into a discussion with Jeremy who had done his typical show introduction.

"Forget your crime, where was my section, Jeremy?" "We are quite short on time, and well... You are short." Richard seemed to be baffled by not getting his part when he clearly should have, but Jeremy's explanation did not make things any better.

"Never mind that lads. We need to talk about the elephant in the room." "Is it the new Docia Sondero the affordable Caravel of the year?" Jeremy asked James mockingly when he was trying to address the elephant in the room.

"The Docia what?" "The Docia... You know..." "The affordable one you yapped the whole last year?" Jeremy and Richard explained the confused James, but he shrugged it off shortly after. "Anyway, have you noticed something missing here?" At this point James sat down with the legs hanging off the hatch, casually talking with the trio.

"I think I know what you mean." Richard added, followed by Jeremy, "Yes, this certainly has to be discussed" It began to be more apparent... The trio did share the same brain.

"Now, as you all have noticed, the modern ships, Caravels, Galleons, Tankers, even Ice Breakers are being given the crew-operated anchor releases instead of the quick release hand leaver and that is a big problem... Because! You can't do a hand anchor turn." Jeremy opened the discussion.

Richard followed with what he felt needed to be added, "And that is a huge problem because the hand anchor turns are an essential part of male development. BECAUSE we all know this! Hand anchor leaver is connected directly to a girl's sexual appetite."

After a short pause, James added. "It is..."

"I mean it really is if you are 17 years old." "Yeah because in the animal kingdom, the peacock has its feathers... The young 17-year-old boy has his hand anchor leaver. They do the same job!" "Exactly!" Richard and Jeremy continued the discussion.

Meanwhile...

Rias who happened to be on the top deck looked at the group, unable to comprehend what they were doing, what they were discussing... [plyr=revo]"They are... The three geniuses, right?"[/plyr] she looked at Yumiko questioningly, hoping she would give some insight to the matter.

[501/501/7251/13 500]

Last edited by Rias Keko on Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yumiko
Yumiko
[tracker=/t1347-yumiko#7408]
Name : Yumiko
Epithet : Kamaitachi
Height : 5'5'' / 165 cm
Weight : 128 lbs. / 58 kg
Faction : Civilian
Devil Fruit : Ita Ita no Mi, Model: Kamaitachi
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 2,278,965,048
[[baneoftheweak]][[dragonheart]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Arc] Mountains and Plains: Part II - North Blue Special Empty Re: [Arc] Mountains and Plains: Part II - North Blue Special

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:02 pm
Rebirth was the favorite subject of many mystics. Some believed it was the fate of all living beings. Others argued it took supernatural powers to achieve. The rest were quick to dismiss the idea as impossible all together. Well, mysticism aside, there was a much easier approach. Sometimes... All you needed for rebirth was a good night’s rest, a hot shower and some breakfast.

A wistful song drifted through the lower deck of the mail ship. The words went something like... But violent winds are upon us and I can't sleep... Internal temperatures rising and all the voices... Hm.” ...Something, something. The singer still couldn’t quite remember the lyrics.

Yumiko chewed on a piece of salty jerky, until it surrendered. Then she washed it down with fresh water. Even simple rations tasted heavenly after days of rotten scraps. Her long hair still dripped water from the shower. With all the blood and grime washed away, she felt and looked like a whole new person. She was borrowing simple civilian clothes she had found in the cabin. The striped shirt and torn shorts made her look like a deckhand.

After the humble breakfast, the Wano woman climbed up onto the deck. She was greeted by sunshine and salty winds. ...As well as a peculiar conversation. She tried to listen in, while basking in the breeze and drying her hair. Sadly, all of it went way over her head.

When the Revolutionary voiced her question, the former Marine didn’t hesitate to nod in response. “Verily so.” Her eyes shone with utmost seriousness. “I have never met them before, but all new recruits hear tales of their exploits. They are all legends in their own right.” Naturally, she had no idea that all those tales had been embellished along the way, much like all propaganda.

Nevertheless, the swordswoman was humbled to be in the presence of living legends. “After witnessing their tactics, ‘tis no wonder they outmaneuvered the hunters yesterday.” Her gaze narrowed and she glanced away. “I... am ashamed to admit that I cannot even begin to grasp the brilliance of the strategies they are discussing...” To her, it was like listening to a game of shogi being narrated by poets. Truly, these three operated on a different level.

The embers of curiosity from yesterday’s sudden meeting flared again. Yumiko cast a questioning glance at her unlikely ally. “If I may ask, why are thou helping them? And where are thou headed?” She had always been told that all Revolutionaries were merely violent terrorists without any goals, but... Ever since meeting Sir Price all those years ago, she had found herself doubting the truth of that claim...

---

Meanwhile on the open ocean, a familiar figure had run into a roadblock. Or a seablock, as it were. A mighty Marine battleship was aiming its hefty cannons at a comparatively tiny sailboat. On said boat sat a muscular knight dressed in impeccably white armor. His features were completely hidden by a bulky helmet with a black visor. Judging by his relaxed stance, he regarded the obstacle with nothing but mild curiosity.

A heavily scarred veteran with a Captain’s cap peered over the handrail at the vessel below. He held up a small snail that helpfully amplified his voice. [plyr=navy]“Does this boat belong to you, sir?”[/plyr] The polite question was met with silence. [plyr=navy]“Can I ask where you’re going to?”[/plyr] The only answer was an impassive stare. [plyr=navy]“Can I ask where you’re coming from?”[/plyr] The intensity of the silent gaze remained the same.

Despite all the obvious advantages of the mighty battleship over the tiny boat, the Captain experienced a strange sense of unease. Every sailor worth their salt knew to beware and respect an oncoming storm. Right now, he felt like he was looking at one... Or rather, one was looking at him.

Falling quiet, the Captain measured the small vessel with his gaze. The briefing had mentioned five targets. None of the descriptions matched this stranger. Such a tiny boat couldn’t possibly carry five people either. Between the collected facts and the ominous sensation lingering in the pit of his stomach, he eventually doffed his cap. [plyr=navy]“...Right then. Have a nice day, sir.”[/plyr]

The Stick, in his usual manner, said nothing. He simply took one look at the horizon, peering somewhere far away. Then, he grabbed an oar and started to row with fierce determination. A splash of salty water soaked the onlookers. Few minutes later, the little sailboat disappeared into the distance far faster than it had any right to go.

Words: 759
Total: 8087 / 13 500
Rias Keko
Rias Keko
[[childofdestiny]]

[Arc] Mountains and Plains: Part II - North Blue Special Empty Re: [Arc] Mountains and Plains: Part II - North Blue Special

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:52 am
Yumiko's question did not shock Rias at all. It was a fair question, especially given the situation. Rias grabbed the closest barrel and carried it closer to Yumiko so she could sit down on it, to tell what had led her to this. But Rias could feel the situation was fickle. Next to her was sitting a marine, a former one at that, who is the final nail that led Rias to the path she is on right now. Thanks to the fickle situation, she felt she needs to tell the whole story.

[plyr=revo]"I don't know how it is where you come from, but back on Karate Island where I come from, my father was really strict. He is to this day the master of a small karate dojo. As it always is, the parents are the biggest influencers of a young child's life. So were they to mine on most parts."[/plyr]

Rias takes a soft breath before continuing. [plyr=revo]"All my life, it felt like my father tried to make me believe the world is just black and white. He did not even let me train in his dojo, because I am a girl. I was always supposed to help my mother with house chores. I did that, but I also snuck out a lot."[/plyr]

[plyr=revo]"I secretly learned what my father was teaching his students, I even drew the moves so I could practice them on my own. Eventually, I met a special person who traded her knowledge of swords and how to use them for my karate knowledge. She had seen the world, she made me understand that the world is not only black and white. It's a beautiful, and yet a mean and nasty place she said."[/plyr]

Rias paused for a bit and took a glance at the sea. [plyr=revo]"When I was older I found out my father was trying to protect me by holding me on the island... And yet he knew I was secretly spectating and training everything he did and never stopped me. I never understood why..."[/plyr]

She paused once more and turned the sight back at Yumiko. [plyr=revo]"I made a choice to leave the island and see the world for what it truly is. Deep down I had hope that the comment my dear friend had made about it being mean and nasty was false. She was right on a lot of parts... But not on all of them."[/plyr]

[plyr=revo]"There's an old saying that a bit of tar in the honey pot ruins the whole pot of honey. I find it to be quite true, don't you think? I have seen good, a lot of good from people of different cultures, but the bad apples... It changes the picture. And it has not just been pirates... Or marines as unfortunate as it is, but common people of streets, thugs, gangs."[/plyr]

[plyr=revo]"It hurt me, deeply, to see people do all of this. I asked myself why... Why would they do this? And I got my answer... It struck me. Greed. All of those pirates or marines or common street thugs did what they did because they wanted to. Some did it out of necessity, desperation, but greed seemed to play the biggest role."[/plyr]

Rias paused once more and looked down on the ground. She had been going on and on about her story already, but she felt like she was reaching the end of it, at least, the parts she felt needed to be told.

[plyr=revo]"I had heard of stories of an organization that seems to have only one goal in mind and no greed in play... Help the common man and woman. The New Revolutionary Army. Our incident was the factor that pushed me to it, fortunately, or unfortunately."[/plyr]

[plyr=revo]"I have been let know that these three have always been model citizens and model servers of the World Government, be it through the service or through entertainment... Although it seems very strange. Anyway, the Revolutionaries got the whiff of the ordeal they were in and elected to help. These men still are able to offer the service to better the lives of everyone as they always have, just like I hope to always be of help. That's why we are going to the nearest base."[/plyr]

Rias stopped her monologue, looking back at the trio who were still casually conversing amongst themselves. While Rias was speaking, it was clear the trio's tones lowered, as if they were eavesdropping, but it is hard to prove did they... It did not really matter, had it been a secret conversation, she would not be sitting in the open.

[770/1271/8021/13 500]
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:18 am
Every act had a story behind it. Naturally, the vagabond was curious to hear the one that had led to... Well, all of this. Their last encounter had been brief and violent, but also under completely different circumstances. It felt strange to see the supposedly innocent civilian carrying out the will of the Revolutionaries.

Falling dead silent, the warrior simply focused on the story. An imaginary brush painted pictures on a mental scroll. Many new facts were associated with scrawled caricatures. Karate island, martial artist father, family dojo... It was a somewhat familiar background. Such things existed in Wano as well.

The wanderer suppressed the urge to scoff at the seed of hope in the tale. In her eyes, the world was far more than merely ‘mean and nasty’. It was a pot of tar with a bit of honey. Far more wicked people than good ones. Quietly, she wondered why anyone would even bother trying to change it anymore. It felt pointless.

As the story wrapped up, the weasel woman lowered her head and closed her eyes in contemplation. Folding her arms, she nodded firmly. “Thy father is wise.” She sincerely meant the nice sentiment. Now, a wise person would’ve left it at that.

Yumiko was not a wise person.

So, after a brief pause, the self-proclaimed samurai continued. “The battlefield is no place for women. They are far too weak to be warriors.” Barely had the words left her lips, when a flashback hit her. She recalled the shameful scene all too vividly. A cabbage seller of all foes had humbled her back on that weird, backwards island. “...Some exceptions aside.” She was reluctant to even consider that gorilla a woman.

Yumiko walked over to the railing and leaned against it idly. “I have met other Revolutionaries, even before our encounter on the island of Notice.” Another colorful recollection splashed against the canvas of her mind. She was mildly curious what had happened to the duo, Van Talling and Doctor Yes, who had helped Rias escape. Perhaps they were stirring up trouble somewhere.

Snapping back to reality, the samurai hesitated. “They are... peculiar. It was the kindest word she could use in the situation. “But not all of them are heartless crooks. Some are noble and strong.” Such as Sir Price... It had been a long time ago. If they were to meet again, would he even remember her? Would he care? Probably not...

The well-meaning swordswoman cast a glance at her unlikely ally. “I strongly advise thee to leave this life behind, lest thou lose it all. Having a rare blade will not make thee strong enough to fight men.” While she couldn’t say she liked the shameless woman -only tolerated her at best-, she still didn’t wish to see anyone suffer. After all, this Revolutionary wasn’t evil... Only misguided. And terribly out of her depth in this world of monsters.

Words: 484
Total: 8571 / 13 500
Rias Keko
Rias Keko
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:28 pm
Rias blinked. She had heard such talk before. From her father, but she also had heard Yumiko say something of sorts during their very first encounter back on Notice. Such misogyny! And from someone who herself is a girl no less.

Rias looked down and closed her eyes. Despite it all sounding like an attempt to insult, Yumiko was right, and Rias admitted it. [plyr=revo]"You are right. Evolution has not been kind to us in that regard. A lot of us are born to support those who are stronger, generally men. We have exceptions, as you said."[/plyr]

What seemed to be a saddened admittance of defeat in the argument turned into a grin instead as Rias approached Yumiko. If Yumiko let Rias, she would close the personal space gap to an absolute zero. The showing cleavage approached and then touched against Yumiko's own chest, or if there was any even.

[plyr=revo]"My my, missy, seems like the evolution has given me something else to use as an advantage."[/plyr] A seductive smirk appeared, and Rias's seductive eyes gazed into Yumiko's soul. She was clearly far from defeated and did not let Yumiko downplay her.

[plyr=revo]"I have been downplayed plenty already in my life. I will not let something like being a woman chain me down. In weakness, there is strength to be found. I have my strength. I am able to fight! But I am also more able than that... I know what I am and how I look. And that can be my biggest strength if played right. You know of kunoichi and their antics! They would never let being a woman be their weakness! They execute their mission!"[/plyr]

While Rias was performing her seduction technique on Yumiko, Richard and Jeremy looked at the scene unfold with their mouths wide open. "Magnificent," Jeremy told Richard. Meanwhile, James was not affected by the scenery of seduction and instead tried to continue his story.

"I could actually remember my very first attempt at seduction with hand anchor turn when I was 17. I was going out to pick up this girl called Mary from outside the tavern by the docks. I had my Sloop and I was ready! I had it all planned. I would have been going towards the dock and then ripping the hand lever and flying around to the dock parked perfectly, and the rest would have been a formality... Obviously... So when I pulled the lever, the rope just snapped."

The ship talk almost immediately broke the curse Richard and Jeremy had been put into, having them turn their gaze back to James immediately, and then genuinely cringe at the sad end of the story, it was clear it was a sad day for their mate.

"I think why it snapped is because I had been practicing the turn the night before." "Oh of course only you would practice your hand leaver turn, it has to come naturally," James added to the story to which Richard commented. It seemed like the 'program' was back on!

[506/1777/8527/13 500]
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:25 am
Falling silent, the samurai stared at her unlikely ally. After a mere moment of listening, she changed her mind. This woman wasn’t misguided. “...Verily, thou are utterly shameless.” The comment was as blunt and flat as a whack from a paper fan. “‘Tis no crime, but... It should be.” She muttered bitterly.

Yumiko couldn’t even begin to fathom in what backwards country being the subject of lust counted as an advantage. However, she was certain Wano was no such country. “Do not presume to bring the noble kunoichi into this! There is far more to their ancient art than just... Just... Padding thy chest! It takes years of training to learn even a single ninjutsu.” She would know... After all, she had once aspired to be one. They were strong despite being women, not because of it.

The proud warrior folded her arms and scoffed. “I would sooner commit seppuku with a spoon than resort to such embarrassing and underhanded tactics...” She wasn’t sure how much longer she could tolerate this woman.

In body and mind, the two swordswomen were polar opposites. Yumiko had cast aside her feminine weaknesses a long time ago. Her lean, boyish figure stood as a testament of her efforts to hone her body into a weapon. It most certainly wasn’t a tool for fooling lecherous men.

(Un)fortunately for everyone involved, a distraction soon demanded immediate attention. A voice echoed loudly from a distance. [plyr=navy]“Unidentified mail vessel, please drop your anchor and prepare for a crew inspection.”[/plyr] A huge Navy gunship was calmly sailing closer. Its numerous cannons were already trained on the tiny target. Escape was not an option.

However, brilliant tacticians were never without a plan. ...One should hope, at least. After a quick huddle and exchange of hushed whispers, the team announced their scheme. They were going to disguise themselves and slip through this inspection.

After dropping the anchor, the guys raced below the deck and began rummaging through the cargo. Random items went flying. Clothes, accessories, even someone’s questionable underwear... Naturally, there was narration provided as well.

“Think of the great spies and infiltrators of fiction. Think of your Bames Nond, or even Sora the Hero. What they all have in common is the brilliant simplicity of their disguises. They hide in plain sight and walk among the people unnoticed.”

James finished his costume first. “I have... Taken a page out of their books... Like so.” He had grabbed a spare mailman uniform from the locker. Brush bristles as a mustache alongside a little bit of dirt and dust gave him a diligent worker’s look.

Jeremy was quick to interject. “I, meanwhile, beg to differ. The most important part of any disguise is having an air of authority. You can’t have anyone questioning your story. That’s why I have chosen to be the ship’s captain, complete with a nice hat.” True enough, he had managed to squeeze himself into a captain’s getup. And to be fair, the hat was indeed rather nice.

Still, the older man defended his approach. “No one will ever suspect the humble postman. It’s the most fitting disguise for the occasion, the most sensible choice-” He didn’t get to finish the thought.

Jeremy rolled his eyes at his colleague. “It’s the most boring costume you could’ve picked. I will dazzle them with my brilliance.” His posturing only invited criticism. “Or baffle them with your bollocks. There’s no way they won’t recognize your utterly exposed face. For heaven’s sake, at least wear glasses or something.”

Suddenly, a nearby jute sack piped up with a familiar voice. “While you guys bickered, I, on the other hand, chose the unexpected approach.” Richard’s head popped out, alongside with a couple of loose letters. “They’ll be looking for out of place guys, but not for out of place mails.” He gave his friends an expectant grin.

The expectation was met with, what else, snark. “...The sack suits you, because you look and sound like an utter cock.” For once, two of the three could agree on something. “If they do decide to check the sacks, you’re completely buggered. See, you can’t even move like that.” The comment elicited a defensive shrug. “Well, yes, not moving is the whole point, because...” And the bickering continued...

Oh, but wait... What disguises did the gals pick?

Words: 720
Total: 9291 / 13 500

Last edited by Yumiko on Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Rias Keko
Rias Keko
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:52 pm
[plyr=revo]"Tititititi~ That would be a painfully dull way to go."[/plyr] Rias could not help but giggle a bit at the thought of someone committing suicide using the spoon of all possible tools. Rias decided not to pursue the former matter, and good that she didn't. They had some uninvited guests.

[plyr=revo]"That's not good."[/plyr]

She took a glance at the trio who had already hatched a plan. Yes, indeed. They are using a stolen ship, so what better to do than dress accordingly? Disguises. The trio were busy finding theirs, and Rias only had moments to figure out hers. It seemed however that Yumiko already had it covered.

[plyr=revo]"Well, of course, you have no problems, you already look apart."[/plyr]

Rias specifically pointed at Yumiko looking exactly like a normal deckhand would look, a simple working person. Meanwhile, Rias failed to look like part of the ship crew in her black robes. So she herself also rushed downstairs once the anchor had been lowered.

Mumbling something under her breath Rias tried to find something that would fit her. The height was not the problem... The rest of the proportions of her body certainly were.

[plyr=revo]"Oh no..."[/plyr]

"If I may be so bold to suggest. We lack the kitchen staff. It's a small ship but even the crew here needs to eat." James arrived with the solution to the problem.

"Careful James, this might land you a shot in the plums," Jeremy added as a warning to James, but it seemed like Rias was ready to do what she had to... Disguise herself as the kitchen worker. [plyr=revo]"That sounds like a great idea! All I need now is an apron."[/plyr]

"There is probably one in the Kitchen, if you'll excuse me now, I'll settle in as the sack of mail." Richard moved to become an out-of-place sack of mail, and James went to be the postman doing... Postman things, like sorting mail, meanwhile Jeremy went up on the main deck towards the wheel and leaned on it, waving at the approaching marine ship.

Rias however entered the small kitchen corner they had, removed her katana from the waist, and placed it in the small closet from which she also took the long apron. She placed the apron on herself, her hair in the knot, and moved towards the cutting table where she immediately began to slice the first vegetable she found, the onion, which kept trying to make her cry her eyes out...

Everything was ready. The question now was, will they succeed fooling the pesky marines?

[424/2201/8951/13 500]
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:57 am
While the fugitives busied themselves with deception, the samurai cast a judging stare their way. She folded her arms and scoffed. “Hmph, disgraceful.” Turning her back on them, she firmly ignored the dubious display. “I shall have no part in such dishonorable tactics. I am not even wanted in the first place.” Thus, this was none of her concern.

However, the retort from Rias actually gave Yumiko pause. “...What? N-no, this is not a disguise. I am...” She hesitantly glanced at her outfit. “...merely borrowing someone else’s garb.” Right. It was the only spare clothing available in her size. The fact that it made her look like a deckhand was purely coincidental. Her intention was not to deceive anyone. If anyone asked her identity, she would not lie. So she silently swore.

Waiting around was gnawing on the honorable warrior’s nerves. The Navy vessel was taking its time drifting closer. To keep herself busy, she grabbed a nearby deck brush and started scrubbing the deck. It gave her something else to think about. She certainly wasn’t doing it to blend in, absolutely not.

Soon, the gunship dropped its anchor beside the smaller vessel. A catwalk was extended and a squad of armed Marines marched across. They formed ranks on both sides of the catwalk with practiced precision.

Finally, the Captain of the Marine crew stepped onto the deck. He was a wizened, old man, whose back had been pushed down by years of experience. His magnificent mustache and many wrinkles kind of made him resemble a walrus. He carried a pen in one hand and a clipboard in the other. Straightening up, he bellowed a simple command. [plyr=navy]“‘’Teeeen-HUT!”[/plyr] All the underlings clicked their heels together, stood at attention and saluted.

Even Yumiko immediately snapped to attention. She didn’t even realize she was doing it. Her body moved on its own, unable to resist the reflexes that had been drilled into her. She held the cleaning utensil at her shoulder, just like the soldiers held their guns.

Pretend-captain Clarkson was quick to welcome the guests. “Welcome to the sho-er, aboard, gentlemen. Sorry to disappoint you, but we haven’t seen any fugitives around these parts.” Despite the small stumble, he knew how to sound confident at least.

The mustachioed man answered with a noncommittal grunt. [plyr=navy]“Hrm.”[/plyr] He took his clipboard, flipped open a fresh page and jotted down something. Glancing up from his papers, he voiced a gruff question. [plyr=navy]“Mind if I question some of the crew?”[/plyr] ...Honestly, he sounded a little like a walrus too.

Meanwhile, a small speck appeared in the distance, accompanied by wildly splashing water. It was getting closer kind of quickly. ...Make that very quickly. And it looked an awful lot like... A tiny sailboat suddenly zoomed past the Marines and the mail ship. It did a messy turn, skidding along sideways across the water, like a speedy land vehicle would slide on its wheels.

As the speedy boat came around to another pass, a silhouette leapt high into the sky. The blinding sun masked its flight. It touched the deck as softly as a falling feather. Approaching the saluting samurai from behind, the shadow stalked silently closer...

[plyr=navy]“At ease!”[/plyr]

Yumiko relaxed her stance in unison with the soldiers. Without thinking about it, she spun the brush around and returned to scrubbing. She avoided a hatch, some rolled up ropes and a pair of armor-clad legs... Wait.

An unsettling chill ran down the warrior’s spine. Gritting her teeth, she calmed her nerves and summoned a hushed whisper. “So, we meet again, brave hunter...” She stared up at the armored hunter. Her blade was below the deck... All she had was the broom... Yet she couldn’t even move, frozen in mid-scrub. “Have thou sided with the Navy...?” She couldn’t fathom when or how he had caught up... But this truly was the worst possible time for him to appear.

In response, the Stick said absolutely nothing. He regarded the deck brush pointed at him with a quiet stare. Glancing around, he found a stray mop and grabbed it. After feeling its heft and giving it a tentative swing... He too started cleaning the deck. In fact, he was doing such a fantastic job blending in that none of the Marines noticed there was now a second deckhand. It was the art of hiding in plain sight.

Utterly stunned and a little insulted, the samurai gaped at the peculiar behavior. She struggled to keep whispering instead of yelling at the strange man. “Wha-hey-do not change the subject...!” Was... Was this man mocking her? Because she felt mocked.

Words: 768
Total: 10 059 / 13 500

Last edited by Yumiko on Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Rias Keko
Rias Keko
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:32 pm
"Absolutely fine with that." Jeremy motioned with his hand to the Captain, allowing him to carry on with the questioning without any interference. It was now up to the rest of the 'crew'... Will they be able to lie through their teeth to the captain of the Marines?

One by one, the Captain went to each individual he could see on the ship to ask the very same questions from them. [plyr=navy]"State your name and occupation on this ship..." "Where are you from?" "How long have you worked on this ship?"[/plyr]

First off was James. "Oh me? Fillmore... Norrington Fillmore from East Blue Orange Town. I have been in the service of postal services for several years, on this ship for a few months. At your service. I am in charge of handling the post that needs to be handed out, and reloading the News Coo for birds. The system is actually rather fascinating. Each and every single letter has a unique stamp on it, even if it all goes on the same island. Truly shows the ingenuity of our postal service."

Following James was Rias... The Chef. She stopped the rapid cutting of the carrots to look in the eyes of the Navy Captain... Nay... Stare into her soul with the knife unintentionally pointing at him. [plyr=revo]"You can call me Chef Monroe... What do you call a female chef? Chefinna? Some men would call them the accidents of nature. Sexist pigs... I wish I could just lay them down on the cutting table and just SLICE THEIR MEMBERS OFF!"[/plyr]

The Captain gulped a bit before trying to get back to the topic. [plyr=navy]"Your... Where are you from and how long have you been working here?"[/plyr]

[plyr=revo]"You would love to know, don't you? Fine! I am from West Blue Toroa, and if I ever see you sniffing around there I swear you will talk like a chicken later on. I have been a chef for five years and with this damned ship a bit over a month."[/plyr] Rias stopped the conversation and returned to rapidly cut the carrots.

The Navy Captain seemed to make it out alive from the bottom of the deck, returning upstairs to question the captain of the ship. "Ah, Cap'n Geoff Kruch is my name from North Blue Notice." Jeremy saluted the fellow Captain, followed by an adjustment of the dark sunglasses and a stroke of the black mustache. "I believe we've already met before my friend." Jeremy slapped the wheel of the ship. "Call me mad but I've been a captain for ten years. And not once in my life have I gotten caught by a storm. Where I go, the good weather follows."

The Captain of the Navy kept tabs on everything the people he had questioned had said... Lastly, it was the apparent deck hand that needed to be questioned, and her companion, who seemed to wear shining armor... And a mop.

[plyr=navy]"State your name and occupation on this ship..." "Where are you from?" "How long have you worked on this ship?"[/plyr]

[509/2710/9460/13 500]
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:18 pm
As the Marine Captain went around questioning the crew, he took every answer without much of a response. He simply jotted down a couple of notes on the clipboard he carried around. Only the knife-happy chef managed to unnerve him. ...Which was fair, considering the gruesome topic. That too got a couple of lines written about it.

Returning to the deck, the inspector approached the last two enigmas. He rattled off the questions with practiced cadence. His focus was on the armored stranger. Awkwardly silent seconds ticked away... But no response ever came.

As always, the Stick merely stared without showing any strong emotion one way or the other. ...Well, maybe there was a hint of mild annoyance. Hard to say, really, with the concealing helmet and all.

Thinking fast, Jeremy took it as his cue to step in and speak on the silent man’s behalf. “Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground. All we know is, he’s called the Stick.” Mentally, he patted himself on the back for such a timely intervention. It manifested as a smug grin that seemed to irritate his taller comrade.

[plyr=navy]“...Hrm.”[/plyr]

Seemingly accepting the odd answer, despite it not actually answering two thirds of the questions, the inspector moved onto the long-haired woman. Once again, hopefully for the last time today, he asked the same questions. If he was growing weary of them, he didn’t show it at least.

Yumiko, for her part, held onto her silent promise. “Kamaitachi no Yumiko. This one is a vagabond.” She refused to lie, even if it might bring detriment to the crew. Their success was none of her concern after all. “From the country of Wano.” She puffed her chest proudly and spoke nothing but the truth. “‘Tis mine first day.” Granted, the truth may have been a matter of perspective. Still, she answered the exact questions.

The Marine Captain stopped to consider the answers briefly. [plyr=navy]“Hrm... Quite far from home...”[/plyr] He squinted at the woman, who in turn squinted right back. [plyr=navy]“You wouldn’t happen to be the samurai who serves Rear Admiral La’croix?”[/plyr] Clearly he had done his homework.

Without missing a beat, the former samurai nodded. “Yes, I used to serve Sir Anton of La’croix. However, I resigned recently.” Her heart thundered. Had there been an arrest warrant on her? She had committed unforgivable crimes after all...

Against all expectations, the walrus-like man simply nodded and jotted down a couple more notes. [plyr=navy]“Well, thank you for your time.”[/plyr] He commented, turning to leave. Silent relief washed over the disguised crew.

Just before stepping back onto the walkway, however, the mustachioed inspector stopped. He tapped the clipboard thoughtfully with his pen. [plyr=navy]“Just... One last question, Captain Kruch...”[/plyr] Glancing over his shoulder, he leveled a calm look at the disguised captain. [plyr=navy]“How did you know we were looking for fugitives?”[/plyr] It felt like time had stopped. Even the wind seemed to fall silent...

Jeremy could offer no answer...

The Marine Captain brushed his walrus mustache idly. His tone remained solemn and serious. [plyr=navy]“You see, that information isn’t public yet. Not even to News Coo. Either you had to receive the Navy briefing... Or you had to be involved with the Revolutionaries. That’s the only way you could know.”[/plyr] Allowing the realization a moment to sink in, he made a small pointing motion with his hand. In unison, the soldiers leveled their guns at the suspects.

[plyr=navy]“You’re under arrest, sir.”[/plyr]

Words: 582
Total: 10 641 / 13 500
Rias Keko
Rias Keko
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:32 pm
A shocking revelation. The marine officer was fooling the trio and the duo of women! The event was so shocking that a bag of letters came alive and began to speak, sounding like Richard. "Oh great job you big oaf!"

Rias's sight shifted towards the doorway which led out of the kitchen towards the staircase which would take her out onto the main deck. For all she knew, the Marines may as well storm through into the kitchen. She prepared herself by grabbing her blade from the closet she put them into.

While others were preparing for the incoming combat, or surrender, James could not let go of his fascination for most random and boring things imaginable. The fascination was so bad, it was as if he shifted back into his presenter mode, talking into an imaginary Den Den Camera.

"In my hands, dear viewers, are the very first long-distance communication devices, the letters. Now you might ask me, 'James, what's so fascinating about those?' you are right to ask that."

"James we are not on air right now!"

James elected to ignore the talking bag and then showcased two envelopes, both white bearing a simple stamp and a postmark.

"Continuing our theme of spies and infiltrators and other thrills that come with those occupations, we often have to ask what makes a great spy. Is it the ability to mask yourself, or perhaps the ability to look and act very posh? Gather information? Order a Martini exactly right? All fine and dandy. But what's the point of all this effort and gathering the information if you cannot relay it all to your entrusted employers or fellow spies?"

Without any hint of smugness, rather genuine interest to share it with his 'viewers', James ripped open two envelopes.

"In come these. Both of these are rather unassuming letters. But there's a catch. One of them is one of the greatest inventions in secret information spreading. These days you have your Den Den Mushi's and White Den Den Mushi's that disrupt. Back then and even to this day, we have these letters."

There was a small pause while James removed each letter from their envelopes.

"For reasons our Producers have told us I cannot reveal how to recognize the spy letters or the envelope they come in, but that's not really the point, is it? Each spy letter was usually cryptic with real meaning behind other empty words. But now comes the best part."

James grabbed a lighter from his pocket which was put there by whoever was the postal officer on the ship.

"The greatest threat of a spy is if their message somehow gets discovered, so erasing all evidence was key. These letters are written in special ink onto a very special paper, so when you light it up."

With a flick on the grindstone, the sparks flew, lighting up the lighter fluid-doused small piece of rope. James used the flame to set the letter on fire. The fire spread quickly, turning dark blue in the second it caught fire, burning faster than any other paper would. James let go of the letter, and it turned into dust immediately.

"And thus, all the evidence is gone. Compared to, let's say, a normal letter like this other one containing granny's secret recipe." James would then light up the second letter, which had a normal yellow-orange flame spreading slowly. "You really have time to stop the man from burning and get at least half the letter with this normal boring paper."

James stuck the hand out of the nearest window to toss the burning letter out... Little did he know, the wind had other plans. It picked the letter up and swirled it around and up in the air, in the meanwhile, boosting its abilities so much that at this point, it was like a fireball flying towards the sails of the Marine ship, lighting them up on fire...

James the Arsonist was born... All thanks to his fascination with letters.

[669/3379/10 129/13 500]
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:19 pm
Some say that letters can change the world. Granted, people who made the claim probably weren’t thinking about lighting something on fire with them. The drifting fireball kissed the sun-dried sail. Such a forbidden romance made the sparks fly. Slowly, gently, the hungry flames started painting the white canvas black.

Unfortunately, the approaching disaster eluded all the Marines supposed to be keeping watch. Even the recruits who stayed behind to secure the ship were blissfully blind to the flickering light growing above their heads. Now, to be fair, they were quite enthralled by the thriller unfolding on the smaller vessel’s deck. It wasn’t every day you got to see the arrest of three living legends.

By the silent orders of the Marine Captain, the boarding party spread out. There were two soldiers against each suspect, including the talking sack. Guns aimed, they stalked closer with calm, slow steps. Along the way, they barked the standard set of orders. “Get on your knees! Keep your hands where we can see them! No sudden movements!” Simple enough.

However, at least two souls refused to follow the orders. First, there was Yumiko. She held her head high, staring down the approaching gunmen. “I have committed no crimes against thee, yet thou treat me like a criminal.” The irony was not lost on her. Perhaps this was simply karma finally catching up to her.

In return, the Marine Captain lowered his gaze. A tinge of regret lingered in his calm voice. [plyr=navy]“I’m sorry, miss. Aiding the NRA is considered a crime. If you don’t resist, no one has to get hurt.”[/plyr] He didn’t enjoy this part of the job. Never had, never would.

The warrior closed her eyes. With a deep breath, she steeled her focus. “Mine blade is a tool of justice. Not drawn in anger. Not wielded selfishly.” Her eyes flashed open. A chill wind swept across the deck. “But... This is not mine blade. She assumed her stance, holding the improvised weapon at ready like a kendo sword.

Stunned, the Marines shared a puzzled look. After a brief, awkward pause, one of them piped up. “Right... Because that’s clearly a deck brush.” Another one just had to make sure they were all on the same page. “You’re challenging us... Armed with a brush?”

Yumiko stood her ground. “I would challenge thee unarmed.” Grim winds whispered inside her head. She had already assaulted several soldiers simply trying to follow their duty... What was two, or a dozen more?

Meanwhile, the second uncooperative soul seemingly grew indifferent to the exchange. Without saying a word, the Stick walked past the soldiers, heading for the stairs leading below the deck. One of the foes tried to stop him, by blocking the path and shoving the barrel right into his visor. “Hold it! I said, get on-” A single smack from the weirdly sturdy mop sent the poor fool flying into the water.

Only the ensuing splash snapped the gawking Marines back into reality. The tension snapped. “...Look out, he’s got a mop!” All the available gunmen leveled their weapons at the suspect. A volley of shots pinged off the armor, ricocheting in random directions. People yelped and jumped back.

Slowly, the Stick turned his silent gaze onto the startled foes. Exactly three seconds ticked by. He lifted his mop with malicious intent. All Hell broke loose.

Words: 561
Total: 11 202 / 13 500

Last edited by Yumiko on Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Rias Keko
Rias Keko
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:47 pm
And just like that, all hell broke loose. Absolutely none of the ship's 'original' crew showed the desire to surrender themselves to the boarding marines. Slowly but surely the marines began to cover the ground on a relatively small ship.

The impostor of the crew, the Stick, has already entered the action... On the side of the people, he was clearly hunting. Yumiko, their latest addition to the escort crew did the same, going as far as even refusing to go with the Marines voluntarily.

"Guys! It's time to break out the formation!" "What?! Now?! We don't even have our mustaches! Not to mention the sunglasses! And James is still boring the audience." A discussion broke out between James and Richard in the middle of the battlefield, with the latter finally popping out of the mailbag he hid in.

Meanwhile. James found another item to bother his apparent 'viewers' about.

"Ah yes, the secret pen. Often mistaken for an ordinary pen. It is in fact a spy pen. Oh... Wait... Hang on." James looked at the pen and began to bend it a little bit with both of his thumbs. "JAMES! This is not a spy ship, it's a mail boat!"

"The real spy pen isn't so, bendy." "Well did it occur that it might not be a spy pen?" James did not give up on trying to prove that maybe, just maybe, it was an actual spy pen... Perhaps he should have stopped right there, right now.

"Hands up!" one of the boarding marines pointed his rifle at both James and Richard. While Richard saw no other way out but to put his hands up and surrender at gunpoint, James's curiosity over a been unleashed hell.

Like a slingshot, one-half of the pen flew off after James had snapped it in half, "Cock!" and flew right into the eye of the marine, piercing it. Following the incident, the marine unleashed a loud scream of pain which could be heard all around the ship even through all the action.

"James! Look at what you did to that marine!" "Never mind the sodding marine! Look at that!" James showed the broken pen to Richard. It was clear he was oblivious to what had happened to the marine, until moments later when he had set his sight at him.

With a shaking hand, the marine pointed his gun at the two. That face could say a thousand words. He was ready to open fire. Luckily enough for the duo, a strike by a hand in a chopping motion disarmed the marine, saving Richard and James. Rias had arrived just in time.

Meanwhile.

Jeremy was running for his life downstairs onto the lower decks. "Hammond! Go raise that bloody anchor! We need to get moving!" "Wha-? And where are you going?" Richard questioned the running Jeremy. "To get a weapon!"

The assignment was clear. Clean the ship of marines and get moving. Richard left the bottom deck for the main deck, followed by James, and behind them was Rias who was trying her best to fend off anyone who tried to land their hand on the duo. If there was anyone left who could steer that ship away from the danger it was Richard and James, since Jeremy was otherwise occupied.

[548/3927/10 677/13 500]
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:07 am
At a glance, it was easy enough to mistake the chaos for a battle between two distinct sides. White and blue uniforms surrounded a group of misfits. More of their kind poured from the ship like angry ants. The smaller side was terribly outnumbered and outgunned. However, that estimate was gravely wrong...

For there was a third faction.

Fists, blades, bullets... All clashed uselessly against the white armor. The Stick was on no one’s side, because no one was on his side. Thus, he simply bulldozed through anyone brave or foolish enough to stand in his way. He met every opponent head on, marching through a hail of pain to smack them with his mop. Foes went flying with each strike. His fighting style was repetitive, methodical... And terrifyingly effective.

In stark contrast, Yumiko was darting and leaping around wildly. She delivered swift, sweeping strikes. It resembled a frantic dance, where guns and swords provided the song. She felt her mind slipping away. A strange sensation fluttered in her chest. She couldn’t quite place it... Only knowing that it wasn’t unpleasant...

Between the two cleaners, the deck was getting swept clean of unwelcome guests. As they hesitated, the weasel woman took the moment to assess the situation. She could no longer claim this wasn’t her battle... Thus she felt a sense of worry for her new comrades.

However, the samurai soon found her worries entirely unfounded. She stopped to witness the three mastermind expertly defending themselves from a series of clumsy threats. Not only that, but her sharp ears caught them brewing their next plan already. After the initial shock wore off, she could only nod in silent respect. She should have expected as much from the greatest tactical minds of the Navy. With the Revolutionary assisting them, they clearly had everything under control.

With her mind at ease, the warrior rushed back into the fray. She spotted the armored foe heading for the red-headed karateka. Taking a deep breath, she stowed the tool like she was sheathing a blade. In a blink, she seemed to vanish.

A chill wind blew across the deck...

One heartbeat later, Yumiko reappeared right in front of the bounty hunter. She brought her weapon up in a violent drawing slash. The foe mirrored the motion, with a downwards swing. It sounded like a clash between lead pipes. The tools bent and groaned, but refused to break. It was as if an unseen force was holding them together.

The swordswoman gritted her teeth. Her muscles were screaming underneath the weight, but she stood her ground through sheer stubbornness. “I am sorry, brave hunter... But the beast thou failed to slay blocks thy path...” She wasn’t sure why, but she felt no fear. There was only the odd flutter persisting in her chest...

As the two fighters were locked in a clash, a massive shadow appeared beside them. The Marine Captain had been biding his time. Now he found the perfect opening. Revealing his hand, he took the form of a humanoid walrus. He loomed over the foes like a tower of muscle and blubber. Rearing his head back, he brought his mighty tusks down like a guillotine.

In that instant, something clicked. Adrenaline spiked. It felt like time slowed down to a crawl. The samurai felt a connection to her silent opponent in a way she couldn’t describe. Her eyes widened. There was something on their weapons, a sheen of darkness that normal eyes couldn’t see. Likewise, she could feel a distinct intention emanating from beneath that mask. She knew what the man wanted to do.

Acting on pure instinct, the warrior pulled her weapon back. The bounty hunter did the same. She steadied her stance, turning her attention onto the incoming tusks. Again, her armored opponent mirrored the motion. “Thou are in our way!” She declared. Her opponent stayed silent. Moving as one, they delivered a devastating team strike.

The violent retaliation shattered the tusks and launched the walrus man backwards. He crashed right through the battleship’s main mast. Broken chunks rained down, followed by a now blazing sail. Finally, the enemies realized their ship was burning. Medics were called. Water buckets were brought out.

With the enemy ranks in disarray, Yumiko broke off from the Stick. “Rias! Please cover mine back!” She started spinning the makeshift staff above her head, whipping up a whirlwind around her. “I shall clear the area...” Like any storm, she needed a moment to gather her power.

Words: 749
Total: 11 951 / 13 500
Rias Keko
Rias Keko
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:59 am
Rias put her Karate to the test. In this tight place such as the lower deck, swinging a sharp sword around was not the wisest of the decisions. It was not until she had made it on top of the main deck that she finally felt comfortable to lay her hand onto the handle of her blade(s) and be ready to draw it at a moment's notice.

Meanwhile...

Jeremy was still busy running around frantically trying to find a weapon to use in the lower deck with one of the marines kept chasing him.

"Stop right there and put your damn hands up or I shoot you in the back!" the marine gave the order. It was clear he had had it with the chase, but Jeremy had other ideas.

Shortly after the warning, the marine opened fire. Luckily for Jeremy, he had just entered the kitchen which only minutes ago was Rias's domain, leading the bullet to barely miss the target on Jeremy's back. "You blithering idiot!"

The marine of course chased after Jeremy into the kitchen where he had a meeting with a cabbage in his face. Jeremy had found his weapon and immediately shoved it in the face of the chasing marine, knocking him down... And what was left of the smashed cabbage, Jeremy immediately took a bite from it.

"THE MIGHTY CABBAGE!!"

Back on top of the deck, the group consisting of Rias, Richard, and James split. James's task was simple, he had to make his way towards the wheel. Richard's task was a more difficult one, but given that he was the youngest of the trio, it was a fitting one. With the task to go and raise the anchor, Richard got to it.

While Richard and James made their way toward their positions, Rias was busy trying to fend off those who tried to reach both of them... But her plate was about to fill with another task.

Her sight shifted towards Yumiko who was fending off enemies as well. What she had requested Rias to do was a simple task... The problem however was that she had to cover the back of three... But who covered Rias's?

Nevertheless, she gave her best to do so, even resulting in unsheathing her blade from the scabbard and splitting what seemed to be one blade into two instead. [plyr=revo]"Is that anchor coming up already?!"[/plyr] Rias shouted as she reached the blades out to each of her sides, trying to use the blunt edge of them as much as she could to fend off the marines to cover everyone she was tasked to cover.

"It's not the easiest task! The anchor is bloody heavy!" "Well cut the sodding cord off then!" "Great idea! We cannot stop the boat then!" "We'll worry about the bloody anchor later!" James and Richard picked each other in the middle of the raging battle. Despite that, Richard did agree with James's idea.

Richard was in luck as he managed to grab a small knife from one of the unconscious marines' utility belts and start 'sawing' through the thick rope... It did really feel like Richard was using a butter knife to cut through it though since the progress was minuscule.

"Hammond you shortass! Out of the way!" From downstairs the mad genius emerged holding onto a rifle that was primed and ready to be used by Jeremy. The aim was set, and the target was clear...

BANG! SNAP!

The anchor rope snapped with Richard barely getting out of the way. "Clarkson you sodding idiot you almost shot Richard!" "I told him to move his tiny ass!" While James and Jeremy were at each other's 'throats', the ship slowly began to move away from the marine ship... It really was now or never for the 'invaders'.

[633/4560/11 310/13 500]
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:59 pm
With the help from the karateka, the samurai was free to gather her strength uninterrupted. In her corner of her eye, she saw the woman split her peculiar blade in two. It sparked an unsettling sense of familiarity. Flashes of old tales invaded her mind. Wasn’t that...? Shaking her head vehemently, she promptly banished the thought.

Not here, not now.

But...

If they survived to see tomorrow, then she would have some serious questions...

As the vortex grew, the eye of the storm became Yumiko’s own little world. The sounds of the brawl no longer reached her sharp ears. Rather, she listened to the currents dancing around her. There was a faint, yet distinct melody to it. The wind sang to her.

After listening for a moment, the warrior hummed a handful of notes as well. They rode the winds. Her focus sharpened. All of a sudden, other sounds flooded her ears once again. Each gunshot was like a drum, every slash like a flute, each scream a note. For a brief moment, she could hear music everywhere.

Suddenly, the whirlwind erupted into a howling tornado. It tore through the enemy ranks, scattering them into the sea. Engulfed by wisps of watery mist, the warrior’s silhouette dashed, jumped and twirled across the deck. Each motion swept more and more of the foes into the water.

Soon, only the armored bounty hunter stood firm. The visored gaze focused on the incoming blur. As he crossed his arms, they seemed to take a sheen of black. Savvy fighters knew it was no mere trick of light. The incoming attack clashed against the block. With hardly any effort, he bounced the assailant away.

Despite getting knocked back, Yumiko landed deftly on her feet. Her figure was wreathed in whistling winds. “Thou blocked... I see...” She set the weapon at rest by her hip and offered the opponent a deep bow. “At last, thou have acknowledged me as a worthy opponent. Thou have mine thanks.” As she straightened her back, she took the same ready stance from earlier. One hand on the weapon, leaning forward, ready to strike.

In a blink, the swordswoman vanished. She closed the distance, delivering a blindingly fast slash. Though the foe blocked again, it carried enough power to send him skidding backwards. Relentless in her assault, she fired four crescent blasts of wind. Each one drove the foe further back, until he was standing on the gangway between the two ships.

“But I fear our true clash must wait for a little longer. Forgive me.”

As the bang and the snap echoed through the air, the small ship started slipping away. The Stick looked down, as the planks trembled underneath his feet. With a crack and a splash, gravity stole the win.

Yumiko lowered her improvised weapon and walked over to the railing. She looked down at the bubbles rising from the depths. “Until we meet again, brave hunter.” No, this was not the end. She could feel it. The fearsome man was not done yet.

Fortunate winds picked up and the small ship sailed away. Leaving the blazing battleship behind, they soon disappeared into the distance. Once again, the tactical geniuses had secured a narrow victory. In their wake, they left young soldiers sharing hushed whispers about the utterly unpredictable tactics.

Once the Marines had put out the fires and fished up their men, they gathered to lick their wounds. The heavily injured Captain ordered a retreat, while they called for the back-up. As the anchor rose from the sea, so did something else along with it...

From the depths appeared the armored man, sitting on the hooked hunk of metal. Arms folded, he stared unflinchingly at the horizon. His attention shifted onto his little fishing boat. With a loud clang that startled a cabin boy, he kicked off and landed onto his vessel. The oars started twirling and the pursuit continued.

Words: 654
Total: 12 605 / 13 500
Rias Keko
Rias Keko
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:51 pm
The group lives to see another day. Thanks to the amazing geniuses that were the Top Sail trio and Yumiko's powers to dispose of the marines off of the ship with the wind, the ship was back sailing, slowly creating distance between them and the blazing marine vessel.

Rias graciously slid the blade back into its holster... And then immediately dropped down onto the deck and onto her back. A sigh of relief left her lips. [plyr=revo]"I cannot believe it. We managed to get away from them. YAY!"[/plyr] Rias cheered in the middle of the sigh. With action after action, she really hasn't had a break in the past twenty-four hours.

While Rias chose to take a breather, the trio cheered hopped around the wheel, and discussed amongst themselves. "My genius... It truly generates a force field." "All you did was shoot at the anchor rope." "And fought a marine, knocked him out with the cabbage, and also gave instructions on how to get away." "Hang on, are we forgetting the fact that it was I who set their ship on fire?" "Did you plan for it?" "....No."

James simply could not maintain a straight blank face and burst out laughing, and so did the rest of the trio. All the shenanigans and happy little accidents had secured their victory. "Seriously though. We are on the open sea and no course set." Richard was the first to stop the 'uncontrollable' laughter to set the tone... Where were they going?

Rias turned her head to look at the trio who at this point all were curious about where they were headed exactly. So she came to a conclusion. [plyr=revo]"Just a moment boys."[/plyr] She recollected herself from the ground and approached the trio. While doing so, her hand gently slipped under her robes.

James viewed Rias with confusion, Richard's eyebrow raised and Jeremy's jaw dropped. Rias however did nothing else but pull out a small map and a piece of paper containing coordinates. [plyr=revo]"These are the coordinates where we have to reach. I trust you'll be able to take us there?"[/plyr]

Rias reached the hand out for the closest one of the trio to grab... Which happened to be the captain's sense of direction himself, James... Luckily for the whole group, Richard's short nimble arms grabbed the map and coordinates letter before James managed to do that.

Shortly, the course would be set and the group would be on their way to their destination. It was prime time to kick back and relax a bit since the destination was hours away. Rias moved away from the trio and found herself leaning against the railing next to Yumiko. [plyr=revo]"I cannot thank you enough for not giving us up right there and then. What you did was frankly brave and amazing. You stayed yourself, Yumiko."[/plyr]

She meant it genuinely when she said that. A bit of a sweet smile even appeared on Rias's face when she praised Yumiko and thanked her... But she was not done... As a bombshell was about to be dropped.

[plyr=revo]"You still have a chance to be of big help to people. Perhaps you should join us, the New Revolutionary Army?"[/plyr]

[531/5091/11 841/13 500]
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:19 am
Gazing out to the sea, the weasel wondered. Pondered. The horizon seemed so vast, so full of wonders, yet always out of reach. No matter how far one traveled, it never got any closer. A mere mirage in the distance. Her life was the same way. She had sailed so far from home... Witnessed many strange things...

And what did she have to show for it?

A tarnished reputation and blood on her hands.

All her life, the samurai had pursued a greater purpose. A noble cause, shining like the sun in the horizon. She had chased a prey that she couldn’t quite catch. Now, she had to wonder... Was that prey ever even real? Or was it merely the sun’s reflection dancing on the waves?

Yumiko snapped out of her thoughts, when Rias leaned next to her. She shuddered at the praise. Receiving gratitude for turning against her former comrades... It felt revolting. But she kept to the thought to herself and said nothing.

The warrior’s gaze slowly drifted downwards, focusing on the sparkling water. “Helping people...” She latched onto the thought. “Does that include bombing an embassy?” The idea twisted her stomach. Her hands tensed into trembling fists. “Is destroying a bridge and killing ninety-seven people thy idea of help?” She left the muttered questions hanging in the air like a guillotine blade.

After a brief pause, just a couple of ticks, the tension faded away. Yumiko turned to her unlikely ally and bowed her head. “Mine apologies. ‘Tis unfair to judge a warrior by the deeds of their comrades.” She especially had no right to judge. Not after her mistakes.

Leaning against the railing again, the samurai cast her gaze far away again. Her mind followed suit. “Once, long ago, I sided with thy army, not by choice, but by necessity... It was...” Memories of a messy uprising flashed through her mind. “...Bloody.” She scattered them to the wind. Her shoulders sagged with a heavy sigh.

“To this day, I am not sure if I made the right choice...”

Words: 342
Total: 12 947 / 13 500
Rias Keko
Rias Keko
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:32 pm
Words can cut deeper than any blade. She heard Yumiko, loud and clear. The New Revolutionary Army was not a saint... No one in this world was.

She opened her palms, looking down at them. Vivid pictures rushed through her head... Times that caused her hands to become 'bloody' for the first time in her life... Pictures, which she tried to forget this entire day.

[plyr=revo]"I had cut people before."[/plyr] Her eyes shifted off from her palms, and back onto the sea. [plyr=revo]"But they had always seemed to be harmless. Just a few slight cuts here and there."[/plyr] She closed her palms, very gently slamming the balled fist onto the railing.

[plyr=revo]"I took someone's life today..."[/plyr]

The voice full of regret could be easily heard even by the trio who were busy steering the ship in the right direction.

Her eyes, full of regret, closed. An attempt to erase those pictures of fallen marines was put up... But it was of no use. [plyr=revo]"When I heard what they had shouted... Burn down the dock... Smoke them out."[/plyr] She gently motioned with her hand to her side, indicating toward the trio. [plyr=revo]"A few lives here or there... Be they civilians or not."[/plyr]

She felt her hands shaking a bit as she squeezed the fists in the ball harder. [plyr=revo]"I just snapped."[/plyr] A solid pause was left in the air by her, to gather some thoughts. For her, it seemed to take strength to admit all of this.

[plyr=revo]"Will it ever become easier?"[/plyr]

[251/5342/12 092/13 500]
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:49 am
Falling silent, the warrior simply listened. Her gaze remained in the waves, sinking deep into the murky depths. Beneath the frigid surface roiled remorse. Her cold eyes reflected the hesitation. She didn’t feel ready to answer the question.

Didn’t want to, either...

It had been years since the hunter’s first kill, yet now the familiar sensation felt all agonizingly fresh again. While the past several days felt like a blur, certain details moments out like the spines of a cactus. Simply recalling them stung.

Eventually, the samurai replied. “I do not wish for it to become easier. Nay, every day, I pray that it remains difficult.” She raised her head from the depths, directing it into the faraway horizon. “The more one distances themselves from humanity, the easier it becomes to hurt others. To spill blood.” She cast a glance at her ally.

“To take lives.”

The thought was left to linger.

It overstayed its welcome in the awkward silence.

Brushing the thought aside, the swordswoman took a deep, calming breath. She searched for the words. “Once it becomes easy, thou have strayed from the path of humans. Once thou start to enjoy it...” Her voice wavered. “Thou become something less than a beast.”

Yumiko returned her eyes to the ocean. She stared at the distorted reflection on the glimmering surface. It stared back. “Only monsters feel no remorse over blood spilled.” Even now, she feared that one day she would only find the visage of the weasel.

Words: 248
Total: 13 195 / 13 500
Rias Keko
Rias Keko
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:36 pm
[plyr=revo]"I see."[/plyr]

Understanding the answer, she had set her sight back on the waving sea. [plyr=revo]"I do not wish to become a monster. But I want to keep helping. I am a wanted woman now..."[/plyr]

She paused. She was unsure what she was about to say now was the right thing, but she had to get it off her chest.

[plyr=revo]"Being a revolutionary seems to be the only way to go."[/plyr]

She rubbed her hands together a bit as if she tried to rub something off her skin. Perhaps it was the 'blood' she had gotten onto them? It was the thought she had to deal with for the rest of her upcoming life

[plyr=revo]"To take someone's life... I am unsure whether you believe me or not. It is not my priority..."[/plyr]

She turned to look at Yumiko, trying to look into her eyes, but whether she chose to do the same was completely up to her.

[plyr=revo]"It will never be my top priority."[/plyr]

Shifting the sight away from Yumiko, back on the horizon. A sigh escaped her lips. It was hard to put all those thoughts to rest... But to keep moving on with life, she had to... Even though she'll bear those thoughts somewhere deep down.

Perhaps a way to figure out how to solve her problems was right in front of her.

[plyr=revo]"Yumiko. Could you please tell me about it? The incident where you helped us out?"[/plyr]

[240/5582/12 332/13 500]
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:12 am
Heavy silence followed the pause. Guilt jabbed its needle between the samurai’s ribs. She clutched the cloth of her garb over her heart. Yet again, that awful day came back to haunt her. So readily she had condemned the woman to a lawless life.

And for what?

Justice?

Yumiko’s eyes narrowed. She grit her teeth in growing frustration. All her life, she had followed what she believed to be justice. To be right. Only now she was starting to see the real effects of her zeal. How many lives had she ruined while pretending to save them?

In stark contrast to the revolutionary’s openness, the samurai averted her gaze. Shame burned in her chest. “It matters not what I believe...” She shook her head. “We all have to choose our own paths. Sometimes we just...” Hesitation halted her voice. “...choose poorly.” She muttered bitterly.

Upon hearing the difficult question, the swordswoman hesitated. She aimed her gaze far beyond the horizon, to a time and a place that were mere memories now. “T’was years ago... In East Blue on the island of Durban...”

Yumiko’s voice drifted in the sea breeze. She regaled a grim tale of a tyrant, a swordsman and a hunter. Filtered through archaic dialect, the story took some fantastical tones. There was mystery, drama and just a touch of accidental comedy. The last bit clashed against her cold and distant tone. Regardless, she shared the story as she remembered it.

For a more outrageous claim, the storyteller claimed to have met Sir Price, the beloved Smiling Pauper of the revolutionaries, face to face. Her tale painted the man as a hero with a smile that was difficult to trust. She shared how it was him who had pulled the strings, alongside the man she had considered her Captain back then.

If the listener found the story intriguing, it would fly by. And if not, well, that would be her problem. Either way, it wrapped up decently soon.

“Thus, after defeating the foul tyrant, we left the island and I continued my pursuit for true justice...”

Yumiko paused to mull over the story. It had been the first time she had openly defied a ruler. As she had mentioned during the retelling, she still considered it a black stain upon her record. “Yet here I am, no closer to that goal as I was all those years ago...” She mused quietly.

“The dream is dead... ‘Tis time to wake up.”

Words: 411
Total: 13 606 / 13 500
Rias Keko
Rias Keko
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:37 pm
In Rias's eyes, she saw an excellent storyteller. The words were laid out perfectly, able to keep Rias attentive throughout the entire story.

[plyr=revo]"I cannot say I had heard of the incident."[/plyr] Rias admitted after she had completely listened to everything Yumiko had to say, even the story.

[plyr=revo]"How... How did it make you feel?"[/plyr] She turned her sight away from Yumiko, setting the gaze back at the sea for a moment. [plyr=revo]"Good? Horrible?"[/plyr]

Returning her gaze at Yumiko once more, she kept questioning her. She thought she understood Yumiko... But she wanted her to admit it.

[plyr=revo]"Perhaps... You think you are some kind of a monster?"[/plyr]

Rias turned herself around so she would lean against the railing with her back. The head leaned back, setting her sight now up in the sky. [plyr=revo]"Betrayal?"[/plyr]

[plyr=revo]"I cannot blame you if you can't answer me."[/plyr] She lowered her head, looking across the deck at the other side of the ocean. [plyr=revo]"Was I put in that situation, I feel I could not answer you either."[/plyr]

She leans off the railing, resting her hand on the hilt of the blade. Clearly, she showed no sign of drawing it that Yumiko could tell. [plyr=revo]"Dreams are what you make them to be. They are confusing. Never determined."[/plyr] Rias gathered her thoughts for a moment with a sigh leaving her lips.

[plyr=revo]"Think about it all for a bit, Yumiko. I am very new to this all, but in the short time I've been around..."[/plyr] She lowered her hand, off the hilt. The fingers balled up into a fist, squeezing them. [plyr=revo]"I will not let the unfairness spread further because a good person decided to stand there and watch."[/plyr]

[281/5863/12 613/13 500]
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:39 am
Yumiko couldn’t blame Rias for not having heard of the old incident. “Few have... ‘Tis not a glorious tale.” Some stories were meant to be buried and forgotten beneath the sands of time. Occasionally, she even questioned her own recollection of the events.

Nothing could have prepared the samurai for the gut-punch of a question that followed. Her eyes widened. She could practically feel the pain twisting in her stomach. It knocked the wind out of her, in a verbal sense anyway. No words came out.

Thus, the swordswoman merely listened. Her eyes narrowed at the piercing guesses. None of them were wrong. Nay, in a way, every single one was correct. Eventually, a single word slipped past her gritted teeth.

“...Fun...”

The weasel woman inhaled sharply. She steeled her focus. “That fight against the corrupt king... It was... fun. She confessed grimly. “Not because of a greater purpose... Not even for the people...” Hanging her head in shame, she struggled to stop her voice from wavering. “I... forgot all those things... And lost myself in the battle.”

Yumiko stepped back from the railing. “That... is the difference between thee and I...” Placing a hand on her weapon, she cast a peculiar look at the Revolutionary. “Thou are a good person...” All of a sudden, she drew her blade in a violent motion. A flying slash passed far too close. It cleaved a fading scar against the surface of the ocean.

“I am not.”

Breathing out slowly, the samurai sheathed her blade. It clicked against the sheath softly. “Protect those who cannot protect themselves...” She muttered, repeating her mantra. Her hand lingered on the hilt. “It sounds so simple, yet... I have lost more battles than I care to count, trying to uphold mine bushido.” Regred lingered in her tone.

Words: 300
Total: 13 906 / 13 500
Rias Keko
Rias Keko
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:58 pm
Rias's eyes widened. The blade passed by too close for her taste. Close enough for Rias to lose her cool and react to it by moving slightly away. The cool was so lost that she even assumed a slight karate stance, ready to counter, but not resulting to any of it.

She eased up once Yumiko had once again sheeted her blade. Rias was not looking for any more trouble than she was already in... And probably, neither was Yumiko. Although as it stood right now, Rias felt she would easily be overpowered by Yumiko... The situation had to be dreaded carefully.

It seemed that the initial situation had once more escalated peacefully, moving back into the talking terms. Yumiko's muttering did not get drowned by the sound of waves crashing into the ship.

She kept her distance a bit, by a rough meter, trying to lock her eyes and stare into them. [plyr=revo]"In the eyes of the world... I am far from good now. In fact..."[/plyr] She paused a moment, hoping the reality would be different. [plyr=revo]"My parents are probably ashamed of what I have become."[/plyr]

It took a lot from her to say that. All her life she thought she had disappointed her family by secretly learning the art of self-defense... But it was the opposite... She knew they had been proud before... But what about now? Using it to assist the revolutionary... To take a life...

A sigh and a gentle shake of head cleared her mind. [plyr=revo]"Only those who know what I am doing, think I am doing good."[/plyr] She took a couple of steps back to give Yumiko some space to breathe, breaking the close-up eye contact.

[plyr=revo]"I have heard of Bushido. Both my mentor and my father told me about it."[/plyr] Rias stroked her chin, slowly nodding as she tried to remember about it. [plyr=revo]"The... Uh... Seven virtues of a Samurai, am I correct?"[/plyr] She was not letting a chance to learn more about Yumiko slip away... But she did also feel a clear intrigue on the topic.

[344/6207/12 957/13 500]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord