Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Rolls] Start me up!Tue May 07, 2024 12:06 amRNGesus[Episode] Mink-staken IdentitySun May 05, 2024 4:03 amYumiko[Tracker] Othello DuvalFri May 03, 2024 4:30 amOthello Duval[World Event] A Fool's ErrandWed May 01, 2024 7:46 pmVolo Rosso[Bio] Othello DuvalWed May 01, 2024 10:48 amGray[Claims] Face ClaimsMon Apr 29, 2024 8:36 amGray[Episode] A unusual meet upSat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 amLavender[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:01 amMaxwell[Episode] [Transportation] A Grand OpeningMon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 pmSkoll
Go down
Yumiko
Yumiko
[tracker=/t1347-yumiko#7408]
Name : Yumiko
Epithet : Kamaitachi
Height : 5'5'' / 165 cm
Weight : 128 lbs. / 58 kg
Species : Human
Faction : Civilian
Devil Fruit : Ita Ita no Mi, Model: Kamaitachi
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 2,278,965,048
[[baneoftheweak]][[dragonheart]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Arc] Mountains and Plains: Part II - North Blue Special - Page 2 Empty Re: [Arc] Mountains and Plains: Part II - North Blue Special

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:12 am
Barbs of disappointment pricked the warrior’s pride, when she failed to provoke the soldier. To coax any manner of violence. Yet... Somehow... She didn’t feel the slightest hint of surprise. Rather, she had been expecting as much, through a feeling she didn’t quite understand.

The emotionally injured samurai still managed to lend an ear. “I know how it feels to be shunned by thy own family...” She admitted reluctantly. Blurry memories of getting driven out of her home bubbled from the depths of her mind. She pushed them back.

“Yes...”

She started.

“Something akin to that...”

She trailed off.

In many ways, fighting was easy. Straight-forward. It was a simple contest of strength, skill and cunning. The victor was always the last one standing.

Talking, though... Words...

Yumiko had never quite known what to do with words. She wielded them like stones, flinging them at her foes with the fervor of a brimstone preacher. Justice this, honor that... Most ignored her. Or ridiculed her. She had grown used to it. Come to expect it, even. So now, when someone was finally trying to listen...

She didn’t know what to say.

Before the pause could grow insurmountable, the samurai sighed. “In truth, I never placed much faith in the old beliefs.” She shook her head. “They were... something I simply inherited from mine father. A way of the warrior. I wished to be like him.”

Yumiko turned her gaze on her blade. “Much like the blade by mine side and the clothes on mine back, his virtues were never mine to begin with... Nay, I was... Merely borrowing them. Hoping to...” She glanced downwards and tugged the baggy, loose cloth of her kimono. “...grow into them.”

“But it never happened.”

Words: 289
Total: 14 195 / 13 500
Rias Keko
Rias Keko
[tracker=/t1683-rias-keko#9293]
Name : Rias Keko
Epithet : Funbags
Height : 5 Feet 7 Inch (1.70m)
Weight : 143 lbs (65kg)
Faction : New Revolutionary Army
Bounty : [ber=r] 4,300,000
Quality Score : B
Balance : [bel] 234,675,000
[[childofdestiny]]
[[mythicalzoan]][[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Arc] Mountains and Plains: Part II - North Blue Special - Page 2 Empty Re: [Arc] Mountains and Plains: Part II - North Blue Special

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:48 am
[plyr=revo]"Hey, you still got time... You are what, eighteen years old? And a strong eighteen-year-old at that."[/plyr]

Without any clue of Yumiko's true age, Rias tried to cheer Yumiko up, followed by a gentle smile. [plyr=revo]"There is time to grow into it all."[/plyr] She eyed Yumiko up and down, at all of her features.

[plyr=revo]"I did not understand the virtues when I was told about them... Then again. I was very young at that time."[/plyr] She smiled, trying to explain her lack of knowledge on the topic. [plyr=revo]"But hey. I turned out just fine... I think?"[/plyr]

Rias let out a gentle chuckle. Rias's situation made her chuckle at herself. The thought of her turning out fine was the biggest lie that one could tell. [plyr=revo]"Nevertheless... Yumiko, I would be happy to hear about the virtues... And..."[/plyr]

She paused. The hand moved towards the scabbard of her blade, gently nudging at it. She was trying to get Yumiko's attention with it.

[plyr=revo]"You once told me that this is a Meitõ. I looked up about them. Famed blades... But you."[/plyr] She squinted her eyes slightly while looking at Yumiko with what one could call a 'suspicion'.

[plyr=revo]"You seem to know more about it all, and this particular blade as well."[/plyr]

With a desire to learn about virtues and the history of the blade she was carrying with her, it was now Yumiko's choice... Would she teach something to her unlikely ally? Or would she not?

Whatever she chose to do, a familiar voice would shout out all across the ship. "Land! Land!" "Hammond! We are criminals now! We say Land ahoy!" "The word 'ahoy!' comes from a foreign language 'hoi' and it has been used by the Seafarers in different shanties for almost a century now." "Oh shut up James."

But Hammond was right... The land slowly but surely had crept up to the horizon. It would still take almost an hour to reach it... But the hour would pass quickly when you have fun conversing.

[334/6541/13 291/13 500]
Yumiko
Yumiko
[tracker=/t1347-yumiko#7408]
Name : Yumiko
Epithet : Kamaitachi
Height : 5'5'' / 165 cm
Weight : 128 lbs. / 58 kg
Faction : Civilian
Devil Fruit : Ita Ita no Mi, Model: Kamaitachi
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 2,278,965,048
[[baneoftheweak]][[dragonheart]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:08 pm
There was no blade quite as sharp as a careless word spoken with good intentions. It cut deeper than anything. And while the wound was bloodless, yes, the pain felt all too real.

Yumiko stopped to give Rias a blank stare. Her right eye twitched a little. Foul-tasting words slowly dripped onto her tongue. She could nearly feel them sizzling. Breathing in, she slowly counted to ten... Held it... And let it hiss out.

Once the worst pressure had escaped, the samurai walked back to the railing. “Thou truly do try mine patience...” She muttered beneath her breath. At moments like these, she wondered if the strange woman was doing it on purpose. ...Then, she decided she didn’t want to know the answer.

Being a fool was no crime.

And...

While the warrior found herself often irritated by the young swordswoman, she couldn’t bring herself to hate her. In many ways, she saw something familiar... A memory from nearly a decade ago. Like a reflection on the surface of the water, distorted by the waves. So different, yet still... Similar. Had she been younger... Would she have understood the stranger better?

Gazing out to the sea, Yumiko gathered her thoughts. “Thy blade is a Supreme Grade Sword, the highest grade there is... ‘Tis a grade reserved for legends.” She explained. “That blade is known as Haru no Soseiji... A mysterious weapon... I know only a tale from long ago...”

As the ship slowly approached the distant island, the Wano woman shared a story of twin blacksmiths and the strange blade they forged. History and myth blended together, being as inseparable as the twins of the tale. She confessed as much. But perhaps it didn’t matter. It was up to the audience to find meaning in the tale, if any.

Sometimes, a story was just a story.

Words: 306
Total: 14 501 / 13 500

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord