Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Today at 7:01 amMaxwell[Episode] A unusual meet upWed Apr 24, 2024 1:33 pmRaysha Valentine[Episode] [Transportation] A Grand OpeningMon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 pmSkoll[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSun Apr 21, 2024 11:24 pmGray[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsSun Apr 21, 2024 11:19 pmGray[Episode] The Bloody ChamberSun Apr 21, 2024 12:31 pmNoah[World Event] A Fool's ErrandSun Apr 21, 2024 6:44 amYumiko[Market] [Trade] Trading ForumSat Apr 20, 2024 5:47 pmGray[Episode] Ancient Blood ArisesSat Apr 20, 2024 4:11 pmNaoki
Go down
Anonymous

Revolution of Freedom [Flashback] Empty Revolution of Freedom [Flashback]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:26 pm
Wandering through the busy streets of Loguetown, Eva thought of the past year. Having been a slave fighting in death matches for 21 years, he finally tasted freedom for the first time when he escaped his captors and landed himself on Loguetown. That was a year ago. This was the first year of freedom in his life. “How time flies when you’re free”, he thought. Every day felt excruciatingly long before, yet here he was now, already a year into his freedom. He could barely believe a year had really passed. It all felt surreal. Walking by a fruit merchant he picked up an apple and tossed the man a coin. It was difficult to adjust at first, but it didn’t take him long to adjust and learn the basics of the how the free world functioned, including learning what currency is.  Moving through the crowd gathered in the market, he rubbed the apple on the jacket that was tied around his waist. He had managed to live calmly and in peace so far and he was quite content. Raising the apple toward the sun in order to inspect it, he got a glimpse at his own reflection. A broad smile lit his face. Bringing the apple back down, he took a big bite. “Mmm--”, he thought,“--freedom”.

Seeing people rushing to and fro anxiously he pondered the nature of freedom. Were they truly free? He felt pity for them, a single tear almost running down his cheek. That didn’t last long however;

“Ah well”, he sighed and smiled broadly again,“sucks for them” he said, as he resumed eating his delicious freedom-apple. There was nothing he could do for people who did not embrace their right to freedom.

As he was strolling around the market he noticed there was quite a ruckus over at the newspaper stand. Mildly intrigued, he shoved aside the rabble and grabbed a newspaper. Glancing at the pictures he saw the image of a fearsome red-haired man.

“The Conqueror is dead! Gray Starks falls as Justice prevails in the Conqueror’s War! A decisive victory for the Marines! A devastating hit for pirates everywhere!”, the nearby paper boy shouted, “Read all about it in today’s extra issue! Only-…”

“Hmph...”, Eva scoffed, disappointed. “I’ve got to learn how to read and write, it really interferes with my freedom to information, what if this was an interesting story?”, he thought to himself as he walked away, deeper into the market.
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

Name : Variable
Epithet : Variable
Height : Variable
Weight : Variable
Species : Variable
Faction : Variable
Crew : Variable
Ship : Variable
Crew Role : Variable
Devil Fruit : Variable
Bounty : Variable
Balance : Variable

Revolution of Freedom [Flashback] Empty Re: Revolution of Freedom [Flashback]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:54 pm

Aryeh Yedidiyah

The soft and blurry trail of the smoking cigar was no unusual sight (or smell) in this crime-infested city, like many others. After drawing one last puff from the already over-smoked burning roll of tobacco, he dropped the butt onto the stoney street and then grinded it under his heel, snuffing out its dying light. His ears perked up as he heard the usual desperate sales cries of the newspaper boy with an enthusiastic sales pitch. “The Conqueror is dead! Gray Starks falls as Justice prevails in the Conqueror’s War! A decisive victory for the Marines! A devastating hit for pirates everywhere!” The young man had to grit his teeth and shake his head, as he noticed deathly glares falling upon the oblivious boy.

Having realized that the relatively harmless glares might soon turn into a bloody lynching, he hurriedly walked up to the boy, before grabbing him by the ear and practically dragging him to an abandoned alleyway, lest someone else decided to do so with less peaceful intentions. The boy kicked and complained as he was dragged by his ear, but the young man’s grip on it did not falter. Once they were a safe distance away from most prying eyes, the young man slicked his dreadlocked hair back behind his ears in relief.

”Are you fucking stupid? Or are you a damn foreigner? This is Loguetown, you moron.” The boy was intimidated by the young man’s firm voice, and his iron vice over his shoulders did not help put him at ease. Without pause, the young man continued. ”The town is crawling with pirates. You can’t go announcing the marines’ victory so cheerfully when just about everyone listening to you hates their fucking guts. You should try telling them about Starks’ final words instead. The talk of One Piece will sell your papers far better, and more importantly, your head will remain above your shoulders, where it belongs.” Gray Starks, The Conqueror, had died at the Battle of Marineford alongside his entire crew after a long campaign of decisive victories. But, his death had not been entirely in vain for pirates around the world, as his final words had confirmed the existence of One Piece, and also its location.

The boy, having realized his folly, scratched the back of his head and replied in agreement. ”I kept telling my pa that this was a bad idea, but he wouldn’t let me badmouth the Marines. But, you’re right. All those people have been giving me the stink-eye because of my cheering.” The young man sighed, grateful for the boy’s quick acceptance of his advice. He had seen too many children die during these past years, and he was in no mood to suffer watching another perish. It was a grim day for him and his comrades, who aimed to perform the most drastic feat the world had ever seen: overthrow the World Government.

The young man, whose face had never been caught for a wanted poster, was, in fact, the protégé of the leader of the New Revolutionary Army. The Conqueror’s war had distracted many high-ranking Marines and World Government agents for the past few months, allowing the New Revolutionary Army to achieve some swift and easy victories. These victories had allowed them to become far more prominent and dangerous to the World Government, threatening its very existence through their persistent rebellions in many World Government-affiliated kingdoms.

The location of their home base on Baltigo was still a mystery to anyone not allied with the New Revolutionary Army, and it was also their greatest asset for assembling officers and devising plans. His visit to Loguetown had been of some import to the NRA, as he planned to single-handedly free the many slaves that were forced to work in the tobacco fields on one of the Polestar islands close to Loguetown.

Having educated the newspaper boy in sales-pitching and diplomacy, he then shooed him off playfully and made his way towards the opposite exit of the alley, aiming towards the docks to hire himself a ferry.

STATS TRACKER:
0 TECHNIQUE USED | 0 PASSIVES USED:
NPC TRACKER (1 IMP-CH, 0 MISC):

Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:04 am
As he was taking the last bite out of his apple, Eva reached his destination. He had planned for this ever since he arrived in Loguetown. After asking around for a couple of weeks he had concluded that this was the best place for what he had in mind. “It’s finally time.”, he thought as he entered the large Tattoo Parlor in front of him.

The store was dimly lit and the walls were littered with pictures of various tattoo designs. There were several glass displays as well, showcasing many different piercings and accessories. Eva had been here once before, when he had asked them to make him some custom earrings, using parts of a chain that he had not been able to remove during his escape. He had wanted to get the piercings and tattoo done in one go, but it turned out he barely had enough Beli to pay for the earrings. So he had started saving Beli again, to pay for his tattoo.

He had chosen this place due to the reputation of taking any job without asking too many questions, as well as having one of the best tattoo artists in the island. Reminiscing about the last time he was here, Eva made his way to the counter. “Hey old man! Where’s Uta? I want a tattoo!”. The 35-year-old “old-man” grimaced slightly as he replied. He left early this morning, got a big job tattooing some poor blokes over at one of the islands. If you want a tattoo we can have someone else do it now or you could come tomorrow, Uta should be back by evening.” Clearly annoyed, Eva exclaimed “Gaaah! Damn it! I want the tattoo done today and I want Uta to do it, which island did he go to?” “I’m not sure that-” “Don’t wooorry, I’ll just kindly go over there and ask him to do my tattoo if he happens to have some spare time. If not then I’ll come again tomorrow, no biggie!”, Eva interrupted the shopkeeper with a clearly fake smile. “You’ll help me out won’t you?”, he finished, exuding an aura of intimidation.

Gulping, the “old-man” told Eva the name of the island, as well as where on it Uta would most likely be. He even wrote it down on a small piece of paper for him. After pocketing the paper, he thanked the shopkeeper and headed out. “Thanks a lot, really appreciate it!”, Eva smiled sincerely, “Pleasure doing business with you!”. “C-c-come again…” the shopkeeper said quietly, just as the door was closing.

Cheerily, Eva made his way to the docks, humming slightly. He had a new goal for the day, get on that island, find Uta near the tobacco fields and finally get his tattoo.

The docks were filled with ships and people frantically running around. Some were re-supplying their ships before they headed out to the Grand Line. Others were upgrading or repairing their ships since they had gotten in naval battles on the way here. It seemed like everyone was in a panic, trying to get as much as possible done as soon as possible. It definitely was busier than usual. Pondering why the docks were in such a frenzy, Eva shrugged and started looking for the right ship. He soon realized however that it was going to be harder than he had anticipated since he was unable to read the signs, but more so since he had actually forgotten the name of the island. Just as he was about to panic and go back to the tattoo parlor, he remembered the piece of paper the shopkeeper gave him and calmed down. Though he was unable to read it on his own, he could ask people how to get to that island.

After a couple minutes of asking around, he was gradually getting angrier and angrier. Most people told him they didn’t know or straight up ignored him. It would have been fine, if he didn’t feel like those who said they didn’t know were lying, as their reactions clearly indicated so. Not able to think of another solution, however, he continued asking around, each time in a slightly more aggressive manner.
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:33 pm
Aryeh Yedidiyah

The sounds of seagulls were almost drowned out by the shouts of sailors loading their ships, merchants selling their wares, and captains providing their orders. The noisiest of the bunch were, without a doubt, the many pirates that were docking at the extensive port of Loguetown. As he walked the thoroughfare that ran parallel to the piers in search of a ferry, he noticed a ruffian, who seemed about his age, aggressively interrogating strangers around him. Many chose to ignore the man, while others simply mumbled and scurried away in fright. The man continued to question the traffic, despite the rejections. It was not long before he became the object of that man’s attention.

When the man showed him a piece of paper with a name written on it, he instantly recognized it. It was the name of the islet that was his destination. Within a moment, he shifted through his thoughts and imagination, pondering what business this man could have on the island, and more importantly, whether that business would interfere with his own. From what he planned to accomplish on that day, it would be highly unlikely that this stranger’s task would remain uninterrupted for long. Against his better judgment, he took a chance and decided to conversate with the ruffian, responding to his question. ”That’s Kyte Isle. I’m actually headed there myself. I can lead the way if you’re willing to split the boat fare?” He’d spent too many of his assigned funds on his journey to Loguetown, and his childhood lessons had never failed to teach him the value of even a single coin. He hoped that the ruffian would, due to their lack of difference in age, warm up to him quickly enough and agree with his suggestion, especially considering his previous bad luck with extracting information. This would not only allow him to save some money, but also assist him in perfecting his plan, assuming the stranger’s destination affected his plan in any way.

Kyte Isle was a privately owned islet, belonging to Bailey Johnson, a greatly successful businessman who mostly dealt in tobacco, and according to the young man’s sources, also in some illegal substances. The nature of these substances was still a mystery to him, but one he intended to solve. However, his primary objective remained concrete: to free any and all slaves on the plantation. It was not often that tobacco farms were built and grown on islets as relatively small as Kyte Isle, but it was still large enough of a landmass to label its owner as “filthy rich”.
STATS TRACKER:
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:34 pm
After asking almost a dozen more people about the island without getting an answer, Eva was starting to get disheartened. He was however far from giving up. At that moment he noticed a young man, around the same age as him, walking about. From the way he walked, the young man seemed determined and knowledgeable, so Eva hastily rushed toward him, intending to ask him before losing sight of him due to the crowd.

“Hey man, could you help me out here? I’m looking for a way to this island here”, Eva asked, showing the man the piece of paper with the name of the target isle. Thankfully the man didn’t ignore him or mumble and walk away. Instead, he answered clearly and even proposed to lead the way, splitting the boat fair. This immediately dispelled his frustration and significantly toned down his aggression. Even if he had to spend some of the money he had saved for the tattoo, he was certain he could “convince” Uta to work using just the Beli left and some good manners.

Happy to have finally found a way to the island, and ultimately to his tattoo, Eva grinned broadly. “That’d be great! Thank you. I can’t understand why people wouldn’t answer me until now… Anyway, the name’s Eva, pleased to meet ya!” As he introduced himself, Eva extended his right hand toward the young man and moved his left hand behind his head, all the while maintaining the wide grin on his face.

After the greeting was over and assuming nothing out of the ordinary occurred, Eva would follow the man, cheerily making small talk, walking casually with both hands behind his head. At some point before reaching the boat, he would inquire as to the reason the young man had decided to visit Kyte Isle. However, if he noticed the man to be unwilling or uncomfortable with answering, he would quickly ask a different question, inquiring as to the price of the boat fair and duration of the trip to the isle.
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:21 pm

Aryeh Yedidiyah

The tone of the relatively unfriendly ruffian had apparently shifted entirely when met with cooperation, revealing an unexpected chummy personality. When the stranger introduced himself as “Eva”, the young man had to apply all his self-control to keep himself from giggling at the feminine name. However, he soon recalled far more exotic names that he had encountered during his travels, and quickly regained his manners. He had masked his slip-up well enough to go unnoticed, and the moment he was offered a handshake by Eva, he gladly accepted it with a composed stature that contrasted against his jolly new acquaintance. ”Call me Yedi.” He then shrugged towards the traffic that had passed them by and added, ”Don’t mind the ignorant people here. They’re all too self-indulgent to give two shits about someone else.”

It was a bit unfair of him to profile every citizen and criminal that walked around them into the selfish category, but he had met far too many folks that fit this bill as opposed to the ones that didn’t. Nevertheless, Eva seemed to clash against the people around them, seemingly not fitting in, which was one thing that the two new companions had in common.

When Eva began to converse with Yedi, he listened attentively while walking forward at a brisk pace along the wooden platform adjoined to the docks. He was searching for a small sailboat that could sail them to their destination without charging a fortune. When Eva questioned his motives for visiting Kyte Isle, he immediately responded with a practiced reply. ”I have a friend that works at the plantation there. I’ve been meaning to visit him for quite some time, but I just now managed to get around to it.” Convincing lies were always brewed with a hint of truth mixed in. Yedi did indeed have a friend that worked at the plantation, and he did technically mean to visit him, but the rest of his intentions he would keep to himself.

As they walked through the crowded platform, shuffling through a freshly unloading ship, Yedi returns the inquiry to Eva regarding his reason for his visit. If and once he answered, Yedi then comments on the ferry situation. ”Normally, you’d be able to find a fisherman sailing out to fishing lanes who’d be willing to give you a ride to a nearby island for a small fee. But, Kyte Isle is privately owned, and so are the waters around it. Fishermen can’t be seen in that territory without being required to pay a hefty tax.” It was a frustrating situation for the competitive profession, surely, but it was commonplace for any private island owners to monetize resource-gathering from their turf. It was no different than citizens of a kingdom paying taxes for operating their businesses within that kingdom, or foreign traders paying a tariff. However, private owners often practiced the shady tactics of overcharging such businesses, despite it being detrimental to their income in the long run. Though it was no surprise to Yedi that greedy pieces of filth like Bailey looked for an immediate turnover as opposed to long term stability.

While Yedi fussed over the bad business decisions of people he’d never met, his attention was drawn suddenly by a small sail boat being readied by an elderly man, who wore dirty linen clothes. He was accompanied by a stubby middle-aged man, with a twirled mustache, and a fancy merchant’s outfit that screamed “rich fat man”. The man stood with a stiff and uptight manner, eyeing his company critically, while two men in thick leather armor stood to his either side. The men were, without a doubt, guards assigned to protect him. Although he sensed this to be troublesome traveling company, Yedi decided to try his luck with this boat. He pointed it out to Eva, who he hoped had not gone missing through hustle and bustle of the docks. ”Let’s see if we can’t tag along with that ferry there. I don’t like the look of that pompous bastard, but we may not get another chance till tomorrow morning.”

Having said that, he approached the merchant that stood against a pole, while his head scanned the two aloof guards. ”Good evening sir! My friend here and I were wondering if you were by chance heading to Kyte Isle?” The fat man gave him a dismissive look before the old man interrupted. ”We are. I have room for you two if you wanna jump on. You’ll have to split the boat fare with Mister Johnson here though.”

Mister Johnson…. Yedi’s eyes instantly shot up at the mention of this name. Could he possibly be Bailey Johnson? It was unlikely, though, since it made little sense for the owner of an island to be paying his way on a shabby sailboat, rather than his very own prize sloop. Perhaps he was a relative? This was one more reason for Yedi to get on this boat. However, if it were only that easy. ”Hold it there, old man! I never said I’d share this boat with another passenger, let alone two goons who are clearly pirates or criminals of the lowest order.” The old man laughed mockingly, dispelling any festering anger Yedi may have had after that demeaning insult. ”If you don’t want to be sharing space with criminals, your lordship, you’ve been spending your time in the wrong town.” His tone was as condescending as it could be without soliciting a violent response from Johnson’s security detail.

The old man then turned towards Eva and Yedi, and smiled warmly. ”I’m Jake. You two can come along if you’re willing to part with 5000 berries each.” The merchant seemed outraged at this and demanded satisfaction. ”You rat! You’re charging me 15000 berries while you’re only charging them 5000? I should have you arrested for discrimination!” The old man laughed again as if pointing out the obvious. ”I’m sorry your lordship, but I assumed that you were paying for your two companions here too, which is why I charged you the total sum of three passengers.”

Realizing his folly, especially after his own guards snickered behind his back, he grumpily but silently boarded the boat and seated himself inside the tiny one-man cabin of the boat, while his guards stood by the entrance into the cabin. Jake invited the two youngsters aboard, which Yedi quickly accepted, awaiting Eva’s boarding.

STATS TRACKER:

Last edited by NPC on Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:53 pm
When the two men had stopped shaking hands and after Yedi criticised the surrounding people, Eva gave a surprisingly sombre reply. “Is that so? Well, no reason to hold it against them, it’s not like I give two shits about them anyway... Though I do pity them. After all, they’re not truly free...”

Only a second passed before he regained his light-heartedness and continued, making small talk as the two men walked along the crowded platform. “It’s quite a busy day today huh? I wonder what all the commotion is about… Maybe it has something to do with what that paper-boy was shouting. Nah, can’t be, that didn’t sound that interesting. Maybe there’s a festival today? I think there was one around the time I first came here, a year ago. Boy was it busy that day… But still not as much as today. It’s weird, isn’t it? Quite weird. Hmm. I wonder why it’s so busy… Maybe…” He continued rambling on, not actually giving Yedi any time to reply.

He paused however when he posed the question as to why Yedi wanted to visit Kyte Isle. Receiving the reply, he continued speaking “Visiting a friend huh? That’s nice. He works the plantation there? That’s interesting, I’m also looking for someone that should be somewhere around the tobacco fields, I guess I can follow you after we reach the island.” As they were passing by an unloading ship, he replied to Yedi's inquiry, explaining his reason to visit. “I’m actually going to get a tattoo! I went to the shop today, but the guy I wanted had gone off to this island to tattoo some people. I didn’t want to wait until tomorrow, so I decided to go find him. According to what the old guy at the shop told me, he should be in the tobacco fields. Oh. I already mentioned that, didn’t I? Oh well. So, how do we get there again?”

The two men shuffled along the busy, loud platform as Yedi explained the logistics of getting to Kyte Isle.  The whole thing sounded annoying to Eva since he would be quite frustrated if he was forced to waste more berries than necessary. “Well, it should be fine if we’re not seen then.” he thought to himself.

After a short while, Yedi appeared to have found a suitable means of transportation and the two men promptly approached the sailboat and its owner, making note of a possibly troublesome travel-buddy. Eva listened in as Yedi discussed with the old man, not wanting to interfere with his more experienced companion. It wasn't long until the "travel-buddy" interrupted them, insulting the two men and proving Yedi’s description of "pompous bastard" to be true. This caused a small smile to form on Eva's lips that immediately evolved into a chuckle, following the old ship owner's rebuttal of the insult. “Hahaha, what a funny man!” he commented, not even slightly affected by the insult.

When Eva was taking out the 5000 berries to pay for the trip, the merchant decided to complain once more, leading to him once again being silenced by the old ship-owner, who had introduced himself as Jake. This time Eva actually laughed out loud but tried to contain himself by changing the laughter into a cough midway, so as to not cause any trouble for Yedi or Jake. “Pfffhahahagaha*cough* *cough*”

After the merchant, his guards and Yedi had boarded, Eva slightly adjusted his hat, tightened the jacket around his waist and hopped aboard.
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:47 am

Aryeh Yedidiyah

Having realized the curiously chatty nature of his new found companion, Yedi had to watch himself more cautiously than ever. His natural tendency to warm up to energetic and enthusiastic people had loosened his tongue many times in the past, rarely to his benefit. In this case, his drive towards his mission had him too focused to lose his reins over his words.

Once they were aboard the cramped boat, Jake skillfully steered the boat away from the pier after declaring his departure to the foreman at the docks in a rambunctious sailor voice. The unfurled sails quickly caught the wind, fluttering proudly as the boat speedily began its crossing. Jake made no small talk as he sat behind the two guards of the shelter hungry merchant, focusing on steering the boat with furrowed brows. Yedi had seated himself on the bench at the front end of the boat, opposite from the other passengers. There was only enough room for one more on the bench, leaving Eva little choice for seating arrangements.

Wherever Eva stood or sat, Yedi initiated a conversation, continuing the topic of Eva’s mention. ”You were saying something about tattoos before. What made you decide to get a tattoo? And what kind of tattoo are you planning on getting?” It was not often he met people who were as passionate about tattoos as Eva seemed. And his earlier comment suggested to him that he was the rebellious type, wanting to get tattoos as his way of displaying freedom and independence. It resonated with his younger self, but Yedi had long since grown out of unruly needs such as tattoos and flashy accessories.

The tattoos he had had his torso covered in were entirely faded after his chest and back suffered countless burnings he suffered during his time as a mistreated prisoner of war. This was many years before he reached adulthood, and he had far outgrown any of his former captors in terms of raw power. And yet, he had yet to avenge himself upon them. He shifted the bandages that covered his unclothed torso by practically forming a shirt, and listened attentively to any responses from Eva.

After a short while of exchanged dialogue, the stuffy merchant exited his shelter to the open air outside, breathing deep. He circumvented the cabin and approached Yedi and Eva with an entitled air about him. ”You two. What business do you have on Kyte Isle?” Yedi immediately retorted before Eva had the chance to reply more or less amicably. ”And what business is that of yours? The man seemed almost offended at Yedi’s response, his head turning towards his guards, who were too aloof to care. ”Kyte Isle belongs to my family. So, what you plan to do on our property is literally my business.”

Yedi couldn’t decide if the fat man was simply trying to have a conversation due to the encroaching loneliness, and simply did not understand the concept of treating someone of a lower status with a sense of equality… or if the man was, in fact, suspicious of Yedi’s not-so-innocent intentions. However, considering the merchant’s display of airheadedness earlier, Yedi could not imagine him being so perceptive. And so, he decided to stow away his repulsion and wore a mild smile instead. ”Oh! I see! I apologize then for my rudeness. I was heading to Kyte Isle to visit a friend of mine that works at the plantation.” The man’s eyes instantly sparkled. ”The plantation, you say? You do know that all the laborers at the plantation are slaves, right? Slaves aren’t allowed visitors.” The man’s moronic bluntness astounded Yedi to the point where he was at a loss for words. The man had just openly admitted to being involved in slavery, an act which was a crime for anyone who wasn’t a noble. While Kyte Isle may not have been directly affiliated with the World Government, it was called the “World” Government for a reason. Its rules applied just about everywhere, a sad fact that Yedi and his comrades had to battle with every day.

STATS TRACKER:
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:48 pm
Stepping aboard, Eva promptly walked to the front of the boat and took his seat next to Yedi. As Jake took off and began nimbly navigating the waters, Yedi asked Eva what tattoo he was aiming to get and the reason behind it.

"Well, I was thinking of getting some kind of tree tattoo to cover the whole of my back! You see, I was a slave up till a year ago, so my back is literally riddled with scars. Check it out. So, I thought I could get such a tattoo, as a symbol of my freedom. Maybe get a bit artistic and describe it as a freedom born from the seeds of captivity, strong enough to reach the heavens. I haven't thought that far ahead. I'm still not very good with words haha" Eva blurted out nonchalantly, the smile not leaving his face even for a moment. "I really can't believe it's been a year already! Does time really go by so fast when you're free? I could have never imagined! It's also really shocking to see so many people be slaves to themselves. It's incomprehensible to me how they deny themselves freedom"

As Eva was rambling on, not really allowing Yedi to get a word in edgewise, the merchant exited the cabin and approached the two men. Noticing him, Eva sat back and let Yedi talk to the man. They had only shared a couple of lines when Eva burst out laughing, nearly falling off the bench. "Ahahahaha! You really got told there Yedi! It is literally his business! Hahaha...haaa. Go on then, tell the man what business you've got in his business! Bwahaha! By the way I'm just here to get a tattoo from Uta, I was told that he's currently on your family's island. "

Surprised by the sudden outburst from the young man, the merchant made to say something, only to be interrupted by Yedi, who politely explained his reason for visiting. The horizontally endowed man seemed to be even more surprised by Yedi's words for some reason. That reason was quickly revealed, as the man explained, with what seemed to be a not-so-subtle sense of pride, that the plantation workers were all slaves. This, of course, caught the attention of Eva immediately. His reaction however, was nothing sort of unexpected. "Slaves eh? That sucks. Are you sure you can't make an exception and let my buddy here visit his friend? I'm sure a man of your caliber and prestige could make it happen. This is literally your business after all. Oh and another thing, I was just wondering, is slavery legal? If not you should be careful, you might get in trouble if someone overhears you, you know."

His voice remained calm and the smile on his face stayed wide. Nothing had changed from his usual cheery attitude. No malice or desire for revenge was discernible, as it did not exist. He did not bear a grudge against his own past slavers or, by extension, to this man. His only desire was freedom. Regardless of all this, beyond a shadow of a doubt, he had just threatened the merchant. The spoken threat was minor and could even be disregarded, dismissed as a misunderstanding or empty words. The true threat, however, was not verbal. It was unambiguous and direct. Eva's piercing gaze penetrated the merchant's feeble defenses, causing him to tremble, barely clinging onto consciousness. Eva's one desire was freedom. He had not known before but now he did. Freedom for himself was not enough. He would aim to free the world, helping those that have been forcibly denied it as best he could. There was no anger or hate, only pure desire for freedom and determination. Eva had made his decision at this point. He would fuck shit up.

But, it was not yet time. He needed to get on the island after all. Composing himself, he loosened his gaze and laughed lightly, attempting to diffuse any perceived tension. Though the merchant had been shaken and overwhelmed with a sense of dread, Eva hoped he would not really comprehend what had happened, and chalk it up to sea-sickness or perhaps food poisoning. He didn't really understand what he had done either.

Sitting back he would await the merchant's reply or reaction before making his next move, hoping the subtle verbal threat would suffice for him to allow them to meet Yedi's friend.
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:04 pm

Aryeh Yedidiyah

As a cool breeze swept behind the boat, filling its sails with enthusiastic and fluttering energy, a tingling sensation traveled down Yedi’s spine. That shiver was certainly not a result of the breeze, which was relatively warm. His gaze focused on the ignorant merchant that was now the recipient of another one of Eva’s ramblings. However, Yedi couldn’t help but suspect there was a hint of a threat in his comments. Considering his earlier claims of spending his life in slavery and wanting freedom above all else, it wouldn’t be a surprise if Yedi’s suspicion was on the mark. But, the thing that drew his attention was the cold sweat breaking out on the birdbrained slaver’s forehead. It was most definitely a result of Eva’s glare, that seemed to pierce right through him. The youngster has a pretty intimidating killing instinct… Or so he thought to himself. He’d make a useful addition to the NRA; if only he didn’t have such a loose tongue.

To Yedi’s surprise, Eva’s earlier flattery upon the merchant seemed to take a delayed positive effect. The man suddenly started laughing awkwardly but apologetically. ”Ah yes, my family does have a license to operate our business in this waters! But, enough about that. I’d be happy to let your friend visit his mate, no matter his status.” A sarcastic grin almost showed itself on Yedi’s lips as he mockingly watched the gutless merchant change his tune. However, at least the merchant wasn’t as stupid as he thought, picking a fight with someone who could so obviously kick his ass. Nonetheless, Yedi maintained his manners and responded with a respectful nod and a verbal expression of gratitude.

Yedi turned to Eva as the man nervously walked away from them back to his secured isolation. ”So, you were born into slavery? Mind if I ask you how you gained your freedom?” Yedi had known far too many former slaves who had joined the ranks of the NRA out of a need for revenge, and a hope to save others from the fate that they suffered. However, what only the NRA’s commanders were privy to, was the fact that Yedi himself had once been a slave. His freedom had been gained through blood and battered bones.

Whatever Eva would respond with, Yedi would listen to attentively, while attempting to keep any of his reflections on Eva’s reply to a minimum. Unlike Eva, he was ashamed of his past status as a slave. The shame he felt also stirred up emotions of guilt in him, as he had often asked himself the question: ”If I’m ashamed of my past as a slave, and wish to hide it from others, could it be that I look down on slaves I meet as if they were inferior.” He had yet to find the answer to his question, but his position with the New Revolutionary Army, and the many friends who he had made that were former slaves, made him believe otherwise. And now that Eva’s past had come to light, he hoped to include Eva among those friends also. But first, there was a job to be done.

The hours had gone by too quickly for them to even notice. Kyte Isle had been in sight for some time now, and they were nearing its port, which was no larger than two short piers with a fancy sloop docked at one, and a bunch of smaller boats docked at the other. The sloop was docked too close to land for its size, suggesting some sort of damage. This became more evident as they rowed closer. The words “Kyte’s Sail” were written on the hull of the ship in large golden engravings. But, the prideful letters were diminished by the splintered and battered appearance of the starboard planks.

”Oh no! That’s Bailey’s ship. Something must’ve gone wrong.” Mister Johnson came running towards the end of the boat that was closest to the pier, which was incidentally where Yedi and Eva were seated. The merchant’s commentary revealed one thing for certain: he was not Bailey.

STATS TRACKER:
0 TECHNIQUES USED | 0 PASSIVES USED:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord