Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[World Event] A Fool's ErrandThu Jul 25, 2024 8:35 pmVolo Rosso[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:57 amMaxwell[Episode] Corruption of BloodSun Jul 14, 2024 3:51 amYumiko[Episode] Mink-staken IdentityThu Jul 04, 2024 6:28 amYumiko[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSat Jun 29, 2024 9:00 pmGray[Episode] Now, where am I?Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:56 pmGray[Episode] Waking MonstersSat Jun 29, 2024 12:00 pmGray[Abandoned] [Arc] [Tequila Wolf Conquest] The Rotten Lie of Tequila WolfTue Jun 25, 2024 3:23 pmGray[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsSun Jun 23, 2024 5:11 pmGray
Go down
Goldmonger
Goldmonger
Goldmonger
[tracker=/t1979-dax-morgan#10865]
Name : Dax Morgan
Epithet : Goldmonger
Height : 6'5"
Weight : 250
Species : Human
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Shichibukai (Future)
Crew : Gold | Works
Ship : Cleopatra
Devil Fruit : Goru Goru no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 27,900,000
Quality Score : S
Income Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Shop Discount : -25%
Balance : [bel] 117,500,000
[[hardboiled]][[berryprinter]]
[[ancientzoan]]x2[[logia]][[firstaidkit]]

[Episode] Vikings, Knights, and Pirates, O my! - Page 3 Empty Re: [Episode] Vikings, Knights, and Pirates, O my!

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:20 pm
Dax swaggered through the chaos, going from home to home in search of even the smallest piece of gold. He tore through dressers and mattresses, safes and cupboards, no stone was left unturned in his frantic search to satisfy his greed. Not even the singular coin that had been long since lost in the sofa cushions was safe from the bloodhound like nose the young man had for gold.

During his search, Dax stopped one by one at the suffocating bodies to run their pockets in his pursuit of treasure. This pattern continued, long enough for Castor to begin summoning what appeared to be heavens wrath above them, "Flamboyant fuck." Dax mumbled looking up for a moment before returning to his looting.

He came upon a large house about a minute before Castor's El Thor rained down upon the tiny village, there he picked up on a certain familiar smell, gold. Come upon a trap door underneath a carpet that lead into an cavern that ran underneath the village and mountain, connecting all the way back to the cave Castor had executed the last Fiore son at. Torches lit the walls, the shadows of the stalagmites and stalactites dancing with the flames. Like a Labyrinth, the cave stretched out with several paths to go, several of which most likely lead nowhere, a common trick to deter thieves. But Dax was no normal thief as his nose could not be fooled when it came to his avaricious obsession.

Dax knifed his way down the dimly lit cave, the path twisting and turning like a snake wriggling through the ground. The ground was wet with water and guano, leaving his feet blackened with muck. As he went, the path would gradually widen and then abruptly tighten, leaving Dax no choice but to widen certain areas with his abilities. Eventually, the rocky cave floor gave way to marble tiles and the room opened up into a large temple like area, with an angelic figure carved into the ceiling. Four pillars exited in the corners of the room, each topped with a floating orb that put of a bright white light, illuminating the entire room. At the center sat a pedestal topped with a marble bust of what one could assume was the first Fiore king. Stepping into the room, Dax walked across the floor until an audible click sound emitted from the tile beneath his left foot. Suddenly, a giant axe swung down from the room ceiling, aiming to cleave any intruder in two. Though, Dax was not just any intruder, with a single out stretched golden hand he grabbed the blade and crushed it into pieces with little effort. With a sigh he moved further in until he was upon the pedestal, black mucked feet leaving a noticeable trail on the beautiful white marble. He inspected the bust thoroughly before sending it crashing to the ground with a swipe. In doing say, another trap was set off, the marble tiles in the surrounding area rattled and went tumbling down, revealing a pit fall surrounding the pedestal. The marble tiles plummeted downwards on top of poisoned spikes nestled into the earth at the bottom, decorated with the skeletons of plunderers old.

Dax floated on the air, as if the ground had never left his feet before moving back towards solid ground and finding a hidden pathway in the back of the room by following the smell of the gold. He did this for several meters until he came upon a wide open room, once again decorated like the first, though this one was filled to the brim with treasure and at the center sat a large dirty chest, the wood was petrified in the metal was dull, with no smell of gold at all. Disregarding it completely, Dax true to his moniker began to swim through the mountains of treasure as if it were a refreshing pond on a hot day.

Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
[Episode] Vikings, Knights, and Pirates, O my! - Page 3 G7UGK6I
[tracker=/t980-castor-o-nox#4771]
Name : Castor O. Nox
Epithet : Sanpaku | The Azure Pheasant | Duke Of Lvneel | Saint Nox
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 175lbs
Species : Three-Eye Tribesman
World Position : Blockbuster
Alliance : -
Crew : Nox Pirates
Ship : The Wailing Calamity
Crew Role : Captain | Navigator | Book Collector | Pride Sin
Devil Fruit : Goro Goro no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 620,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (To all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf); +0.10 (Blockbuster); +0.20 (To all allies)
Shop Discount : -20%
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 96,000,000
Balance : [bel] 2,470,815,020
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[dreamsneverdie]]
[[bookworm]][[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

[Episode] Vikings, Knights, and Pirates, O my! - Page 3 Empty Re: [Episode] Vikings, Knights, and Pirates, O my!

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:59 pm

blur_on

The Amulet's Message

Unable to sense Dax’s presence, Castor decided to take this time for himself and dig into the only treasure grove in the world that made sense to him. Shooting consecutive lightning bolts to unearth the goods, Castor began to dig into the assortment of books. At about ten pages in, Castor’s eyes open widely at what he’d just unearthed.

Dates, times, names and locations of every crime the Waldon’s had committed over the last decade, up to about this month. Tossing the first book aside, continuing to scan through the others, Castor’s suspicions had been correct. Each book contained various reports on Waldon’s activities and partners.

The book seemed to follow some kind of coded pattern, as some pages were straight forward in design and other used a thesaurus of buzz words to encrypt their meaning.

“Drugs… Staged Kidnappings and even brokering weapon deals… Sir Waldon… You’ve been a busy man. These might come in handy later.” Castor murmured. Waiting for Dax to reappear, Castor began to remove every single scribe from the chest, hoisting them in scraps of material that formerly belonged to the Fiore’s tents. After about a half-hour, Dax resurfaced with a giant gold wagon that contained the massive mountain size pile of treasure.

Tossing the books onto the wagon, as they’d exited the village, Castor sent a second electrical pillar to wipe out any remains of their civilization. Among the book findings was the Fiore’s history and lores, how they came to be and the role they’d played in the foundation of Lvneel. The Bandits who’d happened to be away for the day would be moved to tears eventually when they returned, their love ones had been eradicated.

Using the tools among Balthazar’s possessions, riding atop one of Dax’s piles of treasure, the man began to use the code from the books to decipher the strange language on the back of the amulet.

“Umm… Let’s see. ‘When the Five Shields huddle, a King shall be born. At his birth site, treasures to topple or build nations will rest. A gift from the Vikings to the Crown.’ Eh… What the hell does that mean?”
Castor murmured, continuing to reason with himself.“Oi Dax! We’ll have to drop this treasure off at our base. If we turn up with this much gold to Waldon’s place, he’ll try to confiscating it and with you, we all know how that’ll end.” Castor shouted.

“A gift from the Vikings to the King huh? Where all the shields... Huddle.” Castor thought to himself, the riddle stuck on his psyche.

Word Count: 429  | Tagged: @Goldmonger

Notes: Onto the Final Plotline

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:49 pm
Lvneel | Kingsroad | Nilf | 2 Days Remaining

The Dame household trotted down the dirt path known as the Kingsroad, stretching across the rolling green hills like a serpent. Their knights and wagons dressed in the emerald green and gold of their house, with a golden ram's head decorating the banners they carried. Inside the most ornate wagon sat little Annibell, leaning her head out the small window of the cabin to admire the countryside, her gorgeous red locks fluttering in the wind. Having been kept inside the walls of the Catherdral since she was a girl, spending most of her days waiting on her vile mother.

"Beautiful, ain't it m'lady." Barney the Terror said, riding alongside them on his bison mount, being to large for a horse to carry.

"It is!" Annibell promptly responded with excitement. She and lord Bearington had a special relationship, having been there since she was born, he is just like her other two brothers. "Have you been to Asgar before?" She asked innocently.

"Once." He replied, "It was when I was knighted." He finished with a groan, recalling a terrible memory from his childhood. Scenes of lord Dame and alcohol induced vomiting flashed before his eyes before sending a shiver down his spine.

"Are you alright?!" Annibell yelled, noticing the face that the Terror was making.

"Ahem.. yes...uhh I'm fine m'lady.." He replied after composing himself. "So, m..-"

"Oh Annieeee..!" Maribell called out from inside the cabin cutting of Barney, "I need you darling! Oh Annibell!" She shouted once more before thanking the girl in by her dress. Maribell poked her head into the windows frame, "That will be all lord Bearington." She snapped shrewdly before slammed the windows cover shut.

"Poor kid." Barney mumbled, snapping the rains on his bison. Sending it trotting lazily towards Note at the head of the pack. He passed by the twins, who were bickering on their horses about anything and everything, "Don't you two ever shut up?" He grunted.

"Why dont ya mind yer own fookin business boyo!" Paris snapped, turning his attention from his brother for just long enough to quip at Barney.

"Yeah! Why don't ya mind yer own fookin business, ya fook!" Sully echoed his brother before they both returned to their argument.

"Idiots.." Barney groaned, snapping the rains on his bison once more. He had been with lord Note since he was a boy. His family was killed in the war when he was six years old, the vassal lord found and adopted him as his own. He was raised with brothers and had been there for as long as they could remember. As children they did nothing but fight constantly and even though it was always the twins verse Barney by himself, the pair had never beat him in anything, ever.

"Ah! Barney ma boy!" Note shouted, noticing the man without turning his attention back. "Ride with me! Bahbahbahbahbah!"

"That was my plan, m'lord." Barney replied.

"Bahbahbahbah! A smartass as always!" The lord bellowed, "Yer me favorite ya know?" Note said, "The twins are idjits and Annie, well shes a girl."

"M'lord, what are you saying?" Barney asked hesitantly.

"Bahhh! Nothing ma boy! Let's enjoy this ride like it's our last! Bahbahbahbah!" The old goat laughed.

Lvneel | Dax's hideout not Castor's | Jotun Hold | 2 Days Remaining

After arriving at the hideout to unload their haul, they were met with a troop of Waldon's knights.

"Lord Bastion, Lord Dax." He said, addressing them individually, bowing to them both. "This message is from our lord." He said handing a letter to Castor, though Dax snatched it out of the messengers hand before the little fuck could take it.

"I'll take that ya fuck." Dax barked, ripped open the wax seal. "Mhm......uhuh.....alright....shit.....oh fuck........bwhahahaha.........wowwww......no way..............hmmmm" He mumbled while reading the letter. "I have no fuckin clue what the fuck it says." He laughed, tossing the letter into the wind carelessly.
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:05 pm

blur_on

Lord's Prey

Lvneel | Vana | Kingsroad

Accompanied by a party of his finest knights, the Ouroboros all star line up featured Vana’s Two Strongest Players. Sir Austin Blitz, a young vibrant Knight known for his appetite for fame (see thread Fools Call It Magic Not Science) and Sir Gryphon Vana, a man who took up the Districts maiden name as his namesake. Inside his carriage, Raphael Bolden and Oliver Bolden converse on the events to come, while on the perimeter of the carriage, Blitz and Gryphon carry on their own conversation.

“Ah. What a waste of a beautiful weekend. I totally forgot about this meeting of dick swingers. Who has the bigger coc-” Blitz declared only to be silenced by Gryphon’s stern glare. “I forgot. You’re the true exemplary example of nobility. Still not fond of profanity, eh, Master?” Blitz stated. “I know you’re Lord Bolden’s star student but watch your tongue at this meeting. Especially around Stein’s men, the last thing we want is a repeat of Alf.” Gryphon said ominously.

“In all my years serving in my knighthood, as short as it maybe, I’ve never seen a man more hungrier for power. I guess that confidence comes when you have a Holy Dragon in your corner.”
Blitz concluded, using hand to gesture a cross for his superstitions.

“You remember Mi Lord. The plan that is?” Sir Oliver inquired, adjusting his glasses as he’d glare at the young Lord attentively.“Yeah Yeah… I get it. As of this meeting, we’ll declare Vana an independent state from Lvneel. Negotiating our own civil rights directly with the World Government. You better reward me for doing good Uncle.” Raphael declared pouting. Smiling lovingly, “Ah yes. Once this meeting has been concluded, we have plenty women who need a firm correction.” Oliver stated continuing to smirk creepily.

Lvneel |Nox Pirate Hide-Out | Jotun Hold | 2 Days Remaining

Finishing offloading the last segment of treasure, Castor fought to snatch the paper from the elements, that Dax had tossed in his direction. “Rude. Wait a minute… Is it possible that you can’t read Dax?” Castor inquired in a snide manner. Scanning the letter, Castor’s confident smirk turned into one of annoyance. Sighing, he’d begin to read the letter aloud:

Waldon's Letter wrote:
Dear Sir Bastion and his companion, Dax,

I have received news of your success in good faith. The scouts who’d I sent as insurance a days travel behind you lot has told me that you wiped out the Fiore, a nice bonus to your original mission.

I have promoted you both to Cardinal Knights and drafted you to my accompanied party for the current Vassal Lord summit.

However, my party has left Jotun and by the time you read this, I assume we’ll be on the outskirts of Asgar via Kingsroad. This garrison, that has been sent to inform you, is now under your command. Meet us in the Capital Asgar for the Vassal Lord meeting. Tardiness will not be handled leniently and bring the amulet from your journey.

Lvneel | Jotun | Kingsroad | 1 Day Away From Meeting

At the head of Waldon’s troop, Bizelle and Raddot conversed about the addition of Castor and Dax to their ranks.

“To wipe out the whole tribe… Without even being ordered to do so… Those two are heartless.”Raddot said.

“Clearly they're more powerful than they were letting on. The bodies we did recover were torched beyond the point of recognition. As long as those fangs stayed aimed at our enemies… Then fresh blood to Jotun is always needed.” Bizelle declared.

Inside his carriage, salivating profusely, a young girl, no older than elven knelt skimpily dressed before Sir Waldon for his amusement. Sitting at this side was Waldon’s most trusted slave, a girl by the age of 15 that Waldon had broken mentally to serve him and only him. Her name was Anna, and she’d accompany Waldon everywhere, scouting for new victims for his stable.

Licking his lips, "Anna. You may begin. Let’s start with stripping what remains of her garment.” Waldon ordered. With blank expression and eyes, “Yes sir.” Anna responded and walked unemotionally towards the new pup with a cold kind of swagger. As per usual, only a single tear would spring from her eye as she’d mouth ‘I’m sorry’ to the new girl before commencing her hazing process.

The screams of the young girl from inside the carriage made the Knights stomachs curl in disgust but Raddot and Bizelle had accepted their masters ways, and emotions on the matter no longer resided in their hearts.

“As long as our Shield remains strong… Whoever sits at the helm, we’ll follow them into the pits of hell regardless of their nature.” Raddot and Bizelle thought a similar motif at this point of time.

All the players converged on the King’s Road and eventually, each of the Five Shields arrived at Asgar’s Gate. Waiting for the families was the Montblanc’s most trusted aid, a Three-Eye Tribesman by the name of Sir Karl Nox. Upon arrival, the massive eight footer would bark, “Welcome to Asgar Mi Lords once again! The meeting will commence at Dawn! I take it you all are tired from your long journey. Lodgings in the Montblanc’s Manor have been provided for each of you! Right this way!” Karl shouted.  

3 Days Before the Meeting | Muspell Hold | Stein’s Private Warehouse

“When my spy contacted me about someone looking for this book… I found it extremely strange. I purposely left it tucked away in Asgar’s Library due to the nature of its contents. My surprise was peaked when my lovelies picked you up. The slaves used to whisper stories of you… Victor Von Newport – Bloody Port.

A man who was apart of the Notorious Pirate Crew- Oh well… I guess those times have passed now. Your new Captain… The one who destroyed my facility camp in Hibiscus Town. Nox was it? I actually know another Nox on this island really well? I wonder if there is any relation?”

Stein declared, veiled behind a mask and dark blinds on an elevated platform from Newport’s position.Held up right by Stein’s shadows, the man’s body was chained to the ceiling and left to hang.

“Damn. You talk as much as that little shit does. Isn’t their any ale around here? You little wench, don’t ya know how to treat a guest?!” Newport barked, annoyed swinging from side to side, trying to break free from his chains. The hooks lodged into the man’s back, kept him strapped up to the ceiling, penetrating his muscles for a deeper anchor.

“You amuse me. I’ve asked you this exact question over and over for the last four days and still, you ignore my question and ask for booze. I’ve cut off four of your fingers, poisoned you… God. I even nailed pegs into your joints… Still. You ignore me? Is your Captain worth that much to you?” Stein inquired.

Smirking, “I’ve met a lot of little shits on these seas. Poverty driven brats turned pirates, scum bag knights who want more power turned marine and ego centric pricks turned revolutionary…

Even with my old Capt’ and Lisa was a tough bitch, I’ve never seen that look so deep in someones eyes. An abyss that has swallowed someone so much so, he can’t even see beyond his yesterday or even navigate towards a brighter tomorrow. Honestly, that shit gets my blood bumping. I can’t tell what he’ll do next.

I wouldn’t say I live by a code of loyalty. It’s all about who can amuse me a little longer. Whether it’s drinking, fornicating, fighting or life goals… I’ll follow whoever gives me the biggest thrill.

My Captain… his name is Castor O. Nox. If I raise him right, the stories you heard about me in my youth… We'll be nothing compared to my old crew.

What is he planning on Lvneel? I dunno. I just like burning shit up. Make my little bits all firm and tingly.

Even if I did know, would I tell you? Hell no.

When he finds out you have me captive, you think Hibiscus Town was bad… I think fires in the capital will spread faster.

Now then, for the last time… Can I have a drink already?!”
Newport shouted before bursting out into laughter.

“I don’t have time with this longer. Leave him hoisted there until tomorrow. After that, transport him to the Castle and lock him up tight. I’m already behind time for my journey to the Capital. Castor O. Nox… If he’s looking for this book, he must be onto my ‘secret’.”
Stein stated.

Word Count: 1,441 | Tagged: @Goldmonger

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:43 am
Lvneel | Kingsroad | Muspell Hold | 2 Days remaining

The swamps of Muspell had long been known by a sour reputation, long before the stain on Lvneel that was Lord Malice Stein. Tales of children disappearing along the muddy banks, legends of monsters lurking in the shadows, myths of creatures with names that had been long since forgotten. These had all run rampant for centuries, such is the way when you know little about nature. Until lord Stein that is, he brought with him the monsters known as the Shadows. Things that did lurk in the darkness, stealing children from more than just muddy banks and doing far worse with them as well. Lord Stein inflicted a new kind of fear when he arrived, one that will soon spread like a sickness if it isnt stopped.

The Kingsroad that twisted through Muspell was by far the most dangerous of them all. Its path wrought with quagmires from the constant downpour this part of the island received. Along with its hot and humid climate, it is the perfect breeding ground for all manner of parasites.

The chains connecting the wagons rattled as the party bumped along the road. A jet black caravan pulled by several misshapen creatures, large twisted fellows in all black, their silent footsteps sinking into the soft marsh road with every movement. Guarded by their smaller brethren, sickly men dressed in black rags who scurried around the wagons like roaches.

"Lord Sssssssssstien.." A shadowed figure whispered from across the interior of the cabin. "Isssss it finally time?" He continued, staying hidden within the darkness.

"Yes." Malice mused in response, his fingers caressing the jewel cemented into the top of cane. "Everything is set and the players are in motion. Soon.." he paused for a more villainous effect, "Soon, it will be mine."

"Yesssssss, shishishishishi." The shadowed figure responded with a malicious laugh.

[I]Lvneel | Kingsroad | Nilf Hold | 1 Day

"Baahhhhhh!" Note groaned, "Me fookin feet hurt!"

"Its cause yer too fookin old fer this da!" Paris shouted out from behind the old goat.

"Yeah, to fookin old!" Sully chimed in as well, echoing his brother as they so often do. "If you just let me take over da, wouldnt have this fookin problem!" The Round finished.

"I'm the one takin over ya fookin eejit!" Paris shouted towards his brother, leaning over in his saddle to be right in his brother's face.

"In yer fookin dreams ya langer!" Sully retorted quickly, leaning over on his saddle as well, slamming his forehead into his brothers. Beginning what could only be described as a battle of the faces.

"Will you go shut those two fookin eejits up.." Note mumbled to Barney.

"With pleasure m'lord." He smirked, snapped the reigns on his bison, slowing it up to match pace with the twins behind them. "You two, with me." He said coldly, pulling his beast of the path and down onto the lower plain with the twins in tow.

"What the fooks this about Bearington?" Sully snapped angrily, always having a distaste for the large man.

"Yeah, the fooks it about?!" Paris echoed his brothers words and tone.

Without a word, Barnet slid out of his saddle and onto the ground, withdrawing his battle axe. "Been awhile since I kicked yer asses." He smirked, "How about?"

"Kicked our..?!" The brothers shouted in unison, dismounting their horses and drawing weapons of their own. Paris notched his arrow and took aim while Sully whipped his giant warhammer around like a small stick. "Bring ya fookin bitch!!"

Back on the Kingsroad, Lord Dame finally had some piece and quiet to think to himself. His one eyed gaze drifted to the blue sky and the puffy white clouds that floated in it. And for a moment twinkle of envy could be seen in the one squinted eye, thinking of how much easier life would be if he was a cloud too. "Where the fook did I go wrong Trix..." Note mumbled to himself with a sigh.

Lvneel | Kingsroad | Jotun Hold | 1 Days Remaining

The duo of Dax and Castor had been left behind by their temporary lord. After dropping off their haul from the Fiore, the pair needs to cover some serious ground to catch up as they are a day behind the Jotun Party.

Dax gripped tightly to the wolf's fur as the animal sprinted along the kings road, the direwolf being faster than any normal horse. "Whooooo!" Dax shouted, "Man, I am so fuckin glad I didnt kill ya, mutt! Whoooo!" He shouted with glee, not a care in the world and co.completely ignoring Castors existence as the wolf tracked down the parties whereabouts, knowing all to well the stench of the Waldons.

Sent from Topic'it App
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:09 pm

blur_on

Lord's Prey

The final moments of their long journey were finally coming to an end but in a lot of ways, this was only the beginning. A day behind the main party, Castor raced atop of his steed trying to clear as much ground as possible. Dax was several meters ahead of him, and the duo had left their garrison behind, miles ago. Travelling in large groups wasn’t really the masquerading knights forte anyway.

Within hours, Asgar came into sight, however, Castor’s horse couldn’t handle the rigorous pace and slowed down a mile or so off from the city. Arrival time by foot and not relying on his Goro Goro No Mi would be night time, and through the wolf would be big enough to carry the Imp and Bastard, Castor opted to walk.

The familiar surroundings on the outskirts of the capital that Castor and Jules often frequented when training sent the pirates mind down memory lane but he’d opted not to reminisce, if he did, regulating his blood lust would prove to be extremely difficult. Every thought of Jules tended to have that effect on him, and it wasn’t that good memories didn’t exist too. Castor’s sin was indeed his Wrath, an anger that couldn’t be quelled by conventional means or thrilled by superficial desires. It was a sickness eating away at his humanity, and Nox purposely refused any cure.

The chamber for the meeting of the Vassal Lords has six doors. One for each shield, with every door bearing the sigil of the corresponding family that headed them. The main entrance, which led to the head of the table’s seating was slotted for the King, the Montblanc Family. Castor and Dax would arrive in the Capital around ten o’ clock. The meeting and the events that transpired next would transpire around nine thirty with the meeting itself starting at seven sharp.

The only person missing at the beginning was Stein of Muspell, which in itself was strange. He’d arrived around the same time as the other Lord’s and was even at the small dinner ceremony prepared for them around six. His absence left an eerie unsteadiness among everyone except for the Montblanc’s and Note – Nilf.

Tapping his foot impatiently, Waldon would lean back towards Bizelle, “Any word on the other two and the amulet?”the Lord inquired.“No sir. Last we heard, about a day away from the Capital.” The head knight commented.“I’ll bring up the matter of the Fiore once I have the amulet back in my possession.”Waldon said smirking maliciously.

Word Count: 425  | Tagged: @Goldmonger

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:31 pm
Maribell

Maribell sat on a leather chair by the window, fanning herself as her gaze drifted from the overlook of the city towards her husband's aged face. Her shrill voice bouncing off the stone castle walls, making it all the more unbearable.

There, the old goat stared back blankly at the homely woman he called his wife as her lips moved at the pace of a thousand war horses. Though whether it be a blessing or a curse, Note had somewhat of a selective hearing. "I have something I must take of.." Note muttered to his wife before he slipped out of the room, leaving his famed blade Grimsever behind.

"Of course you do, m'lord.." she muttered sarcastically under her breath as she glanced around the cold dark room, her luggage piled as high as she was tall and the beautifully ornate blade that her husband had slain so many laid out on the bed. "Oooooooooh Annabell!" She chimed out, her voice like nails on a chalk board to those unfortunate enough to be within in earshot. "I need you Annabell!" She echoed once more before the meek girl came shuffling into the room, her head hung low and doing her best to avoid eye contact with the best in front if her. "There you are dear!" She mused caressing the girls round face, "Mommy is oh so tired, would you be a good girl and fetch me some sustenance before I wither away!" Maribell shouted dramatically, having a frame large enough to sustain a small village for weeks.

"Ye...yes mummy.." Annabell quickly replied before scurry back out of the room.

"Ughh.." Maribell moaned, "Why did my life turn out this way. I was supposed to be a queen!" She shouted, "But nooooo! Daddy wanted me to marry the hero of Lvneel." She went on, "Sure he was attractive and strong, but he was poor and dumb. Nilf and its lords are nothing but fools gold." She said sighing before a shadow in the doorway caught her attention. ".......Hello?"

"Hello, m'lady." An ominous voice replied back from the darkness.

Stein

"Are the preparations under way?" Malice questioned, adjusting his tie in the mirror. His room was dark and elegant, the decor reflecting his affluent position.

"Yesssssss, m'lord." The response came from the darkness behind him.

"Good. I'll leave you too it then." He said with a nod of a approval, sending the dark figure slithering away. The vassal lord flicked on a slim black suit coat adorned with white pinstripes that continued into the slacks and strolled out into the main room towards the door, picking up his top hat on his way out. His feet were fitted with mobster esque wingtip shoes and in his hand was his signature cane. Malice pinched the cane under his arm as he locked the door to his room and made his way down the dreary hallway of Montblanc Manor, the dark walls decorated with portraits of those long since dead.

"Lord Stein!" The words cut the silence like a knife, "A word if you will?" Note of Nilf said, coming up from behind the dapper lord.

"Ah why if it isn't the hero of Lvneel! Lord Dame how are you?" Malice responded with a snake like smile and greeting that seemed just as fabricated. "If I recall correctly it's been ten years since we last met? When the king was ascended to the crown."

"Cut the false pleasantries Malice." Note said bluntly, "You know why I'm here."

"Well yes, you're here for the same reason we all are, it would be treason not to be." He responded in an innocent fashion. "Now if you will excuse me, I must be on my way. It was very nice seeing you lord." The lord said with a smile, tipping his hat and twirling his cane as he turned back around to continue on his way.

"I know about Lord Wardd!" The old goat shouted out, garnering his fellow lords attention as Malice froze in his tracks, eyes wide like a deer in headlights.

"Oh you do?" He mused, "Then you know how silly it seems to confront me unarmed." Malice snapped, his fingers tightening around the jewel of his cane.

"I have no intention of fighting you, Stein." He said, "I'm giving you the option to turn yourself in at the meeting or I will forcibly weed out your entire household!" The old goat shouted, releasing a taste of his kings haki. Filling the hallway with an overwhelming pressure, one strong enough to make even the bravest warrior turn tail and run.

Though he did a good job hiding it, Malice was feeling a fear that he had not felt for a long time. His fingers released the cane and he relaxed his body before turning to face the warrior behind him. "You will spare my family if I turn myself in to the king?"

"Yes." Note said with a nod.

"Hmm.." Malice pondered, "fine, if it will save my family, I will tell the king at the meeting.."

"Everything?" He question, his red eyebrow raised up.

"Yes, Note, everything." Malice said with a genuine smile and a true look of innocence in his eyes.

Content with the words he was given, Note bowed his head, his one eye never breaking it's cold glare that stayed locked onto Stein and turned back, leaving the well dressed gentleman alone in the dark, shadowed hallway.

Once he was out of earshot, Malice's happy, confident bravado melted away, leaving a red face man with a malicious look twinkling in his eyes. "Change of plans." Stein mumbled to himself, tapping the cane on the floor three times before a sickly Shadow rose out of the darkness, its tattered black rags resembling a black smoke as they separated and tore from the black tendrils emerging from the ground. "Tell her its time.." he mumbled to the creature before it sunk back into the bubbling darkness and disappeared.

Annabell

If only her mother wasn't so terrible, Annabell thought to herself as she stood in the kitchen amongst the flurry of servants scurrying about as they were preparing for the vassals meeting. "E..excuse me..." She said meekly, failing to garner the attention of those around her. "Umm... Excuse me..." She mumbled once more, though her efforts were clearly in vain as the servants just continued their duties without giving her the faintest of thoughts.

She huffed to herself and made her way over to the counter where a pile of assorted fruits sat. One by one she grabbed several different ones before moving onto the meats and cheeses that sat further down the counter. She moved down the line like it was a buffet, instinctively grabbing all of her mother's favorites as her thoughts drifted away to a magical place. She dreamt of her prince charming sweeping in and taking her away, leaving behind everyone and everything shes ever known and loved. She dreamed he would be charming and attractive, tall with dark hair and eyes bluer than the sea that trapped her on the rock known as Lvneel.

"Watch yerself, lassie!" A tiny cook shouted as he scurried passed the young girl, bumping into her as he did so, jarring Annabell back to reality.

"I'm sorry!!" She shouted back in embarrassment, doing her best to keep balanced as she stumbled into the counter. With a sigh she gathered herself and turned the out of the room and back towards where her mother waited, though as she rounded the corner, she noticed a dark shadowy figure slipping out of where she was. But before she could study the mysterious figure any further, a booming voice called out from behind, startling her.

"M'lday!" Lord Bearrington shouted with glee, "I seem to have misplaced some trash, have you seen your brothers?" He asked in jest.

"Barney!" Annabell shouted back, matching his excited tone. It had been hours since she had last seen the Terror, having stayed behind with her brothers on the kings road. "Trash..?" She said confused before realizing what he meant, "Oh!" She exclaimed, "No I have not seen my brothers since the journey."

"I see, after we got back the twins ran off with their tails tucked to lick their wounds! Bababababababa!" He boomed out laughing, "if you see those idiots, make sure they are on time tn4 yonight and not to embarrass your father." Barney said with a wave before he turned back and left the same way he came.

Annabell smiled as he walked off and disappeared around the corner. "Oh shoot!" She pouted, "I forgot to ask him about papa...oh well, not like it's the last time I'm gonna see him!" She said in a bubbly tone before making her way back to her mother's room.

The Note Boys

"I fookin hate that guy!" Paris groaned as he slugged down another flaggon of ale.

"Me too!" Sully said, echoing his brother's statement and action. "Ever since we was we lads hes been pickin on us!"

"Aye!" The Slender replied with a nod, "Hes always been da's favorite and he ain't even blood!"

"Not even fookin blood!" The Round agreed raising his horn before throwing back another gulp of ale. "One day, I'll slay em muhself." He boasted drunkenly.

"Not if I slay em first!" Paris barked back, stumbling towards his smaller, more robust brother. "There's nuffin I'd love to see more *hic* than that big dumb oafs fat head riddled with me arrows!" The young man shouted, raising his glass in a toast.

"A-..*hic* and theres nuffin I'd rather see more than his ugly hairy mug crushed under me hammer!" Sully replied, clinking the horns together before the brothers downed their last bit and headed back towards Montblanc Manor, having visited the closest tavern in Asgar to wallow in self pity at their most recent ass kicking.

Note R. Damne

"Where the fook are those boys?!" Note shouted as he placed back and forth in his room. "We are already fooking late for the dinner!"

"I'm sure they are in the way my dear." Maribell huffed as she desperately fanned herself. "The real tragedy is what this heat does to me!" She groaned, wiping the sweat off her brow.

"So help me, woman." The old goat said sharply, his one eye locked onto her. "And wheres the girl?!" He shouted.

"Alright, alright tough guy." Maribell said rolling her eyes, "Drink this and calm down." She said nudging the glass towards her irate husband. "I dont know where that little bitch went and I dont care." She huffed in annoyance.

Note stared at the glass for a moment before he relented, swigging down the liquid placing the glass on the mantle by the door. "Fook em all. Get yer shit and let's go." The old goat grunted as he opened the door and started out.

"Leaving your blade twice in one day? I'm impressed, that's the most I've seen it our entire marriage." She said sarcastically, grabbing her bag and following her husband out, though not before he grabbed Grimsever and strapped her to his waste.

Last edited by Goldmonger on Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:14 pm; edited 6 times in total
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:57 am

blur_on

Lord's Prey

Dinner for the Five Shields

Sitting around the table, Lord Waldon and Lord Bolden exchanged petty banter about the gathering. “Both Note and Stein are missing. The two most punctual men running late… strange times indeed.” Waldon announced at the dinner table, garnering suspicious glares for his comment. “Lord Note is probably occupied with organizing this whole gathering… Unlike you Mi Lord. He doesn’t have much time to be fraternizing with infants.” Lord Blitz declared, giving a healthy chuckle to add more weight to his words.

The Lord’s face became flushed bright red with anger.

“WHAT WAS THAT YOU LITTLE FLAMBOYANT SHIT?!”
Waldon belted out in anger, slamming his stubby fingers, each bearing an assortment of rings on top of the table.

Bizelle and Raddot reached for their weapons as Blitz continued to be greatly amused by the reaction. However, Lord Bolden Senior, who was previously pre-occupied with swooning officials in the court turned his attentions to this dispute to diffuse the situation.

“Blitz. Mind your tongue. Lord Waldon is the leader of Jotun, after all. Whatever activities he engages in behind the scenes are his own business.” Lord Bolden declared in a condescending manner.

“Says the man who dedicates his days to raising that little monster of a Lord.” Waldon barked out in annoyance.

Reaching for his own blade, Bolden had been known to have a bit of a hot head himself in his youth but his senior knight Gryphon, placing his hands on his Master’s shoulder quelled the man’s burning rage.

“I get it. You Jotun Monkey’s are afraid of us. Vana serves the Montblanc’s… not Lvneel. As out of place as my words are… We will not bite our tongue or play equals to anyone from any Shield. The only man among you I respect is Lord Stein. The rest of you have proven to be problematic in the past.”
Blitz chimed in.

“Enough Blitz. You’ve said too much. Hold your tongue.”
Gryphon announced, the aura from the man’s presence sent cold sweats down Blitz’s undershirt.

Standing up from the dinner table, Gryphon would cross his arm diagonally along his chest and bow. “If my junior’s words have offended you… I greatly apologize.” Gryphon stated.

“Humph. Finally one of you gets it! I like you Sir Gryphon. You’ve always been a Knight I had my eye on. How about joining us over in Jotun?! I’ll pay you your weight in Gold and Whores!” Waldon barked.

Shaking his head in disapproval, “I’ll have to humbly decline your offer. I have much work to handle in Vana before I can even think about resigning.” Gryphon said calmly, in a very calculated manner.

“Besides. I’ll bring this up in the meeting later but I’ll be needing at least one of your Knights to help us clean up a serial killer in Vana. He seems to be a crafty man or woman. The rumored Golden Masked Knight who seems to have captured the people’s hearts might be the perfect one for this mission.” Gryphon declared.

“Ah yes. Sir Bastion and his swine… Dax. I’ll send you the masked knight but his squire is too foul mouthed to leave in your care. I have plans to send him after these pirates that have been spotted around the kingdom.”
Waldon responded.

“Oh. I heard of them. The Nox Pirates – Castor O. Nox and ‘Bloody Port’ Newport. Of all the men, I hear they are the most violent of the new pirates taking to the seas.”
Sir Bolden commented.

“You seem to know quite a bit about them.”
Sir Waldon stated.

“Well of course. They have been popping up across the North Blue. My role as Shield to the court is to liaison with other nations in the face of piracy and revolutionary plots alike.”
Sir Bolden responded, continuing to cut his knife into the well-done steak.

“My role is coin. I fund these little trips you tend to want to have the biggest budgets for.” Waldon stated snarling.

“Oh. And I thank you for that. Information isn’t cheap. I’ve heard a quite interesting story recently that cost us quite the penny. Apparently, the man who leads the crew is a Three Eye Tribesman.”
Sir Bolden stated, turning to his attentions to the Master of Ceremonies Karl.

“Is that so?”
Karl stated in a pondering manner.

“Rumors are meant for dinners not meetings. Do tell us Karl? What ever happened to that son of yours? Three Eye Tribesmen are severely discriminated against in the North Blue. For one to magically pop up, with Lvneel having only ten registered Tribesman… I always found it weird about his abrupt disappearance.” Sir Bolden theorized.

Bursting into laughter, Karl responded to the Lord with a cheeky smile.

“Impossible. My son passed away fourteen years ago. Drowned at sea alas.” Karl stated in a somber tone.

“Really. Odd. I’m pretty sure his name was Castor too.” Bolden commented smirking.

“Enough!” the young King Montblanc interrupted. “I’ve listened to you lot bicker long enough. The meeting will commence in five.” The young king declared wiping his mouth clean.

Word Count: 848  | Tagged: @Goldmonger

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:11 pm
As the king settled the petty squabbles between vana and jotun with a simple shout. Lord Stein casually swaggered into the room, tipping his top hat towards the lord Montblanc as he bowed. "My king." He said, before resuming his normal posture and making his way towards his seat. They were organized in the same fashion as their countries, with the king seated at the head of the table. "Is lord Note still not with us? How uncharacteristic of him." Malice mused with a snake like charm as he took his seat and tucked his napkin into his collar.

"Do not fret!" The old goat barked out, "I would not miss tonight for the world lord Stein." He said with an almost arrogant smile, as he pulled out a chair for his swine of a wife.

"Oh I dont doubt that." Malice responded with an arrogant smile of his own

Maribell plopped down and looked across the table, "Hello dear brother." She said to lord Waldon as Note took a seat of his own. "Been sometime since we have seen one another. Doing well I trust?" She asked, not because she cared but because it was expected of her.

Note glanced over at the lords Bolden and nodded before passing over lord Waldon and greeting the king and his wife directly. "My king." He said with a respectful stand and bow before returning to his seated position once more. "I apologize for my tardiness and my children's absence, they all seem to be missing at the moment."

"Do not fret my lord, there is very little a hero such as yourself could do too upset me! jajajajajajaja" The king shouted out in laughter. "Though my wife and I do grow impatient, where is lord Wardd?" He asked with his attention turned towards the empty seat as he stroked his wife's pale soft wrists, running his fingers along the fine gold that adorned them.

"Yes, I wonder where lord is? Hmm." Lord damne said, glaring at Malice with his single green eye.

"One wonders indeed, I saw the man in good health as we arrived." Malice responded smugly, drawing a confused look from the aged hero. "I'll have my boy fetch him." He said, tapping his cane once on the floor before being interrupted.

"I'll send my boy!" Note said cutting off lord Stein. He waved over Barney from the nearby guards table, "Have a look in lord Wardds quarters, eh?" And with nothing but a nod, the terror was off through the small door and out of site.

"How kind of you, my lord" Malice said with a snakelike grin and a second tap of his cane. "Now what ever shall we do while we wait for your boy to return?"

"Oh I can think of a few things, ya fook!" The old goat shouted out before stumbling back to his seat.

"Are you alright, my dear?!" Maribell shouted, bracing her husband as he landed in the wooden chair.

"Bahh!" He shouted, "Get off me woman! I'm fine!" Note shouted ripping his arm away. "I'm just tired from the ride!"

"The Kingsroad does take a certain toll on a man, especially one of your age lord Note." Malice snickered as the elderly man was showing the effects of his age. "I do dread the day when I myself grow old." He said solemnly as he hung his head shaking it, tapping his cane on the floor for a third time.

Suddenly, muffled shouting and footsteps could be heard echoing on the other side of the main door. Each passing second they grew louder and louder, until the slashed and bloodied figure of Lord Edd Wardd burst into the room. The wooden doors flying open as his body rag dolled into the room, painting it crimson as he twisted through the air. As his body thudded to the ground, the vassal lords all shot to their feet in confusion and shock.

"H....hel..p...mm...e.." lord Wardd managed to say as Lord Stein rushed to his side. Lifting his bloodied head and placing his free hand onto the mans bleeding chest.

"Edd!" Malice shouted as he clutched his dying friend, "Edd what happened?!" He shouted once more, tears flowing down his cheeks.

"I....*cough*..*cough.." He struggled to say even that much, "I was... in my..*cough*..." lord Wardd mumbled drifting in and out of consciousness as lord Stein shook him, desperately trying to keep him awake.

"No! Edd stay with me! Edd!" He shouted, "stay awake buddy, don't go to sleep!"

"L...ord...." Edd groaned, coughing blood with every breath, "... lord...da..me.." he struggled to say as he pointed a shaking bloody finger at the old goat. "...k....kill.....k...king..." He managed with his last breathe before his bloodied arm crashed to the floor.

"Noooo!" Malice wailed out on a fit of tears as he clutched the lifeless body of his fellow vassal lord up to his. All the while lord Dame stood frozen, his single eye wide and white, his body was frozen in complete shock at the events that had just transpired in front of him. "You!" Stein shouted, glaring at Note with eyes filled with tears and anger, drawing the entire room's attention towards him.
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:18 pm

blur_on

Lord's Prey

As Lord Stein entered the room, an eerie energy took over the ceremonies. It was mostly the aura that hung over him and of all the Lord’s it made Lord Waldon of Jotun the most uncomfortable. Bolden Senior was extremely weary, fear wouldn’t be the response to the mysterious man’s aura, it’d be a manner of respect.

Nodding at Stein’s arrival, Bolden ceased his questioning of Karl and awaited the final members of this dinner for the elite. The final player arrived, the so-called Hero of Lvneel, the man known as Note. Extending an act of chivalry to his wife, Note would pull out the chair and seat his wife directly across from her brother, Waldon.

Noticing the disgust in the woman’s pleasantries, Waldon, who’d been always nasty to his sister since youth, would smirk, the arrival of his favorite plaything brought him ease. “Ah yes. All is well sister. I see you’ve been getting fatter. Soon you’ll double mama in size! I guess ol’ Note can’t keep his hands off ya! The more kids you push out, the wider that the waist of yers will get!”Waldon shouted distastefully. Turning towards Note who averted his gaze, “Where you hiding my nephews Note?! I haven’t seen those brats in what seems to be a decade!” Waldon exclaimed.

Ignoring the man’s exclamation and continuing with his own dialogue, Waldon’s face blushed cherry red, immensely frustrated that Note had diverted his salutations to talk to Stein, instead of him. The snickers from the Vana party, especially Blitz’s own rattled the man’s nerves. Pissed, the Lord plopped back in his chair, wildly pouring wine into his chalice, turning to spirits to ease his frustrations.

The King had already spoke, chiming in to quarrel now with Lvneel’s darling hero would only add further disdain towards himself. If it was one thing Waldon kept a conscious note about was his social position.

Noticing Stein’s train of thought, Bolden joined in to assist in the man’s queries. “Ah. I saw him too as I pulled in. He seemed a bit tired.” Bolden chimed in on Ward’s condition. Bolden knew full well that no one had seen Ward in person for quite awhile, though his carriage and his party were present.

Within the last few months, tons of missing reports were coming out of Alf. Again, Bolden had more knowledge than he let on but opted to keep to himself.

Then, Stein’s plot set into motion. The outburst of Note cued the entrance of Ward. Battered and injured, Ward told a frightening tale of his attacker, and all intent pointed to Note as the culprit. As the man entered into a state of delirium Bolden began to turn his focus towards Note.

Instantly picking up the train of thought, “Note. You have some explaining to do.” The senior stated. “Maribell! Quell your husbands behavior this instance! Note. Do you know anything about this man’s wounds?” Waldon inquired intensely.  Meanwhile, across the room, Stein begins to comfort in his arms, the body of an already destined to be deceased victim. With that, Lord Ward had passed.

Word Count: 515 | Tagged: @Goldmonger

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:26 pm
"You!" Stein shouted at Note, "You killed him!" He continued, turning to the king, who was just as shocked as the rest of the room. "My king! I had feared to tell you this, as my rumors were unconfirmed at the time.." he paused to wipe the tears from his eyes, smudging Edd's blood across his face. "But myself and the departed Lord Wardd have been investigating Note and his family for quite some time." Malice said sternly, his demeanor changing to that of a prosecution lawyer as he gently laid down the body of his dear friend and rose to his feet. Adjusting his tie with his bloodied hands, lord Stein began his opening statements, "For the passed several years lord Dame has planned a rebellion to usurp the throne for himself! He and his sons abducted lord Wardd and held him hostage until I freed him in secret and absconded him to safety!"

The king was beyond shocked, the hero of lvneel being accused of such treasonous actions?! "What say you, Lord Dame?!" The young Montblanc shouted angrily. However, both his questions and Lord Steins rant were both left unanswered as Note stood frozen, as if he was nothing more than a statue. "I said what say you, Note?!" He shouted once more, this time slamming his fists onto the table, rattling the silverware upon it.

"I...." Note stuttered, his mouth was dry and throat was tight. "I..*cough*...*cough*....*cough*..." He stuttered once more, going into a coughing fit.

"Answer me Note!!" Montblanc shouted out in rage, signalling the guards to surround the once lauded hero of Lvneel.

Maribell sat back in her seat, away from her husband as he keeled over, unable to speak over the coughing. She watched as he struggled to breath as the guards surrounded him weapons drawn and not once did she move to help him. Instead she sat, waving her fan and looking down on the once great hero of Lvneel.

*cough* *cough* *cough* Note struggled on the floor clawing at his throat. His one eyes vision blurred in and out until he saw the dark silhouettes of the guards surrounding him. Though in is his condition, the lack of oxygen to his brain caused his mind to project the enemies of battles long since passed as his body went into emergency mode. In a final effort the old goat rose to his feet and drew the legendary blade Grimsever, her beautiful silver.blade already coated in dried blood as it was pulled from the scabbard. All but damning the former hero as lord Wardds killer. "Rahhhhhh!" Note shouted as he cut through four of the guards in seconds, then another two before they could react. Note made his way to the shouting king, cutting through the guards one by one until none other than lord Stein stepped in the way.

"This is for Edd!" He shouted, drawing a blade from his cane and ramming into lord Note's skull through his one good eye before sending the old goats corpse tumbling to the floor. Then, without a moment's rest, Malice tapped his cane on the floor three times, causing a dozen sickly shadows to emerge from the bubbling darkness. "And while the traitorous Note was busy silencing lord Wardd and before he could attest to these treasonous acts! His wife was busy lacing your wine with poison to solidify their new positions as sole leader of lvneel!" Malice proclaimed before commanding the shadows to drink the cups of celebratory wine that was reserved for the kings toast. Soon after the creatures fell to the ground with seizures before drowning on their own blood and vomit.

"What..?!" Maribell shouted shocked, "But S..Stein my dear!!" She pleaded in a confused tone, it wasnt supposed to be like this she thought as Malice's attendant slit the homely woman's throat before she could say anymore.

"My king, I have already sent my shadows to deal with the rest of his household, please stay here where it is safe." Malice said sternly before leaving the room to oversee the mass genocide of Dame House.

Annibell

"I wish I could fly far away from here.." Annibell sighed as she sat out on the veranda of the castle looking out over the capital city. "I'm so tired of this boring life." She pouted, "I was born for more than this!" She started singing. "I was born for something so much greater!" Her voice carried on the wind, with the animals chiming in like an early nineties Disney movie. "If only i could get out of here!" She continued as she twirled about, dancing in the light of the setting sun as the birds chirped and the chipmunks danced.

Until an ominous wind began to blow throw the garden and across the castle. It sent a chill down her spine and sent the animals scurrying off. Annibell climbed down the side of the castle back into the garden, she could hear the faint signs of what sounded like screams. As she grew closer, a hand maiden busted through the glass doors at full speed, her blouse covered in blood and tears running down her face.

"M'lday!!" She shouted, clutching at Annibells arms, "We need to leave!! Now come on! " she continued dragging Annibell across the garden and down the hill.

"Lisa!" Annibell yelled, "Lisa! What's going on?!" She yelled once more, though her cries continued to fall on deaf ears as the hand maiden drug her through the brushes away from the chaos she was still so ignorant of. "LISA!!" She yelled angrily snatching her hand away from the girl causing her to stop running. "What is going on?!"

"We don't have time for this! We have to keep running! They are killing everyone come on!" Lisa pleaded desperately, her voice cracking in fear.

"What are you saying?? Who is trying to kill everyone?! What are you talking about?" Annibell shouted, her questions had questions for what the hand maiden had told her. The blood, the tears, the running, none of it made sense to her.

"You dont understand we have to keep moving!!" Lisa shouted before turning and running, whether the royal girl wanted to come with her at this point was her choice.

"Wait! Lisa!" She shouted as the girl disappeared into the shrubbery. "Lisa!" She shouted one more time with no response. Seconds later she heard a shrill scream piercing through the fresh night sky as the sun had finally disappeared over the horizon. Annibell wanted to shout out for the girl but fear gripped her vocal cords. She took off in the other direction and ran desperately for her life through the forest surrounding Mongblanc Manor until she couldnt run anymore. There she found a hallowed out tree and stuffed herself inside, praying to every God she had ever read about to spare her life.

As she sat there, hours went by until she heard the echoe of an ominous whistle drifting on the quiet night air. It grew closer and closer until finally she heard a knock on wood she was hidden inside of. "Well, well, well, what do we have here~"

Note Boys

"Ahh fook!" Sully moaned, "Da's gonna be pissed we missed the kings dinner."

"Ahh fook!" Paris agreed, "Ya you are right, he's gonna be pissed." He paused, "You think he sends Barney after us?"

"Ahh fook probably!" Sully muttered as the pair walked down the hallway of Montblanc Manor.

"There you two are!" Barney shouted with labored breath.

"Ah fook!!" The twins shouted out in unison.

"Run! Run you fools!!" The Terror exclaimed as he was swarmed by shadows from behind. "I'll hold them off! Go! Get the fuck out of the capital you idiots!" He screamed, throwing off the sickly creatures one by one as they punctured him with knives repeatedly all over his body. The twins stood wide eyed for a moment before turning back towards the main door and running for their lifes. They turned back with tears in their eyes to see their brother Barney hold off the horde of death that was sent for their heads. The giant of a man known as the Terror gave them one last smile before being engulfed in the darkness and disappearing into shadows beneath them.

"Barney!!" Sully stopped and yelled before Paris was able to grab him.

"We have to keep moving!" The slender shouted to his brother, doing his best to not go back for Barney as well.

"Wahhhhh!" Sully wailed as he stopped fighting his brother and took off into the surrounding forest, disappearing into the night.

Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:15 am

blur_on

Lord's Prey

Asgar was sent into a state of pure chaos. News of the Note’s betrayal of the crown spread like wildfire, as the Note boys and what remained of their escorts hurried to flee the capital. However, their horses were murdered in their stables, and any members of the family's servants in the proximity of the Castle were immediately slain.

“Bizelle. Raddot.” Waldon whispered among the crowd in the room. “Capture those boys. Even if you have to chase them all the way back to Nilf. Especially the girl, she’ll be the last breathing daughter of my sister’s bloodline. If we play our cards right, we can have both Nilf and Jotun.” Waldon whispered with a menacing grin on his face.

“Yes my sire.” Raddot and Bizelle declared, before exiting the room with great haste. “My Lord. I ask that you let the Waldon’s handle the capture of the traitors. They are family by extension… The boys are unredeemable if they knew of these plots against Lord Ward but the girl, she’ll be an essential part in restoring Nilf.” Waldon stated, turning his gaze towards the King.

Still hysteric about the incident that had just transpired, “Sure. I leave it in your care Lord Waldon. Due to these events… The meeting will commence tomorrow. I leave command in Sir Karl’s hands. I’ll be returning to my chambers… I’m not feeling too well.”The young king informed.

As the King’s posse escorted him out of the room, Blitz leaned in to whisper in Bolden Senior’s ear. “Are you fine with leaving this up to that degenerate Mi Lord?” Blitz inquired. “Waldon is a useless pedophile but Raddot and Bizelle are the finest knights Lvneel have to offer. In them, I’ll trust. Blitz. Gryphon. I’ll put you on duty to see the Young Lord Bolden is secure and safe in his room.” Bolden commanded.“I’ll stay here and try to mediate this mess.” Bolden exclaimed sighing.

Meanwhile at the forest on the outskirts of the Capital, Castor had finally caught up to Dax. Dismounted from his gigantic wolf, the gold mongrel was seen talking… with a tree? Alas. It wouldn’t be the oddest scene he’d ever walk into involving Dax but within moments, he’d realize the man’s fascination had merit. With one quick slash of his blade, the Knight would split the tree in half, revealing the cowering redhead princess within it’s keep.  

“Please don’t kill me! I-I’m innocent. I don’t exactly know why the knights are hunting me but please… Help me.”
Annibell shouted frantically.

“Judging by her attire… She’s a noble lady of some sorts.” Castor thought to himself. “I don’t have time for this. Dax. Help the girl escape. I’ll go turn over the amulet to Waldon and demand our reward.” Castor stated. Walking over to the girl, he’d place his forehead against hers gently, releasing a small blast of Haoshoku through her body, rendering the woman unconscious. For a moment, it’d look as if the Imp was about to steal a kiss from the princess but it was all theatrics.

Catching her lifeless body, Castor would toss the woman into Dax’s arms. Breaking away from their position in the clearing, Castor heard two incoming knights, riding their steeds and screaming out a female strangers name. Walking to intercept the two, the two knights drew their blades, cautious of Castor’s allegiance.

“Who are you?! State your name!” one of the Knights barked.

Nudging the knight, the next knight would notice the Jotun crest on his armor, and the golden mask that concealed his face.

“You’re the rumored Masked Knight – Sir Bastion?!”
the second knight shouted in fandom.

“Aye. The one and only. You lot seem jumpy? What’s going on here?” Castor inquired.

“There’s no time to explain Mi Lord. Have you seen a redhead lass around these parts? She’s part of the Note family who betrayed the Crown during today’s proceedings?!” the first knight exclaimed.

“Hmm.. I haven’t. My steed actually died a few miles back. Let me borrow your horse. I have urgent business with Sir Waldon. You lot can share a horse!”
Castor declared, lunging off the ground and knocking off the first knight off his horse, before mounting it himself.

“Wait! Our orders are from the King! Surely nothing can be more urgent! I just finished paying for that!”
the robbed knight shouted, but his cries would fall on mute ears as Castor had dashed off towards the capital. Grinning beneath his mask, “What in the world happened in Asgar?!” Castor murmured to himself.

Word Count: 747 | Tagged: @Goldmonger

Notes: Prelude to the arc

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:18 pm
Stein was more than disgruntled that Waldon managed to weasel himself into hunting down the children before he could volunteer his own men. "A fine idea, my king." The well dressed gentleman said gritting his teeth with a bow, "I myself shall attend to the cleanup of my dear friend and... the traitors." Malice stated, tapping his cane on the stone floor three times before the bodies of Edd, Note and his wife, along with his poisoned shadows all seeped away into the smokey shadows and disappeared into the darkness. "Now if you will all excuse me, I too shall be taking my leave. For I fear there has been far too much excitement for my liking." He said with a respectful bow before exiting the dining hall.

As lord Stein closed the doors behind him, he was greeted by a shadowy figures voice. "Everything went exactly as you said it would."

"Of course." Malice smirked, "But I must say, if you had not provided what you did too Maribell." He paused for a moment, "It would be our bodies on that floor right now~" The man finished with a dastardly chuckle.

"Oh, such a trivial thing." The figure replied modestly, "Think of it as a gift of good faith from my master."

"Oh?" Malice responded, his interest clearly piqued, "Be sure to give him my thanks. But now, if you will excuse me I have children to find and kill before that swine Waldon gets his fat fingers on them." He stated, the tone of hid voice shifting to a boiling anger as he spoke about the lord of Jotun. Tapping his cane three times, the lord summoned sever shadows and instructed them to find and kill anyone that comes in contact with the Note children. "Kill the boys and bring me the girl, failure will not be tolerated."

Outskirts of Montblanc Manor | Dax

"hElP tHe gIrL eScAPe." Dax snickered as he imitated Castor's facial expression and mannerisms while hoisting the red haired heiress onto the back of his direwolf. "Yeah lemme just fuckin do this while you go fuck off. Ya alright." He complained before pulling out a golden flask from his coat pocket, slugging down a good bit before putting it away once more. "Ahhhh!" He yelled, "I fuckin hate that guy." As he lapped the wolf in the hind, sending it trotting off towards the southwest, the direction of Nilf.

"C'mon out, now." Dax called out, turning over his shoulder to see several knights emerging from the bushes.

"That beast you just sent off, looked like it was carrying someone. Possibly a girl.." One said, pointing his spear towards the goldmonger, urging the rest to follow suig.

"And what of it, ya fucks?" He snarked back in response.

"We are searching for a woman, shes wanted in connection to treason against the crown!" The knight proclaimed, inching closer to Dax as he questioned him. "Now why don't you call that mutt of yours back here and we can sort it all out."

"Tch." Dax sucked his teeth, " I really ain't in the fuckin mood for this shit." He groaned, lazily lifting up his right hand and pointing at the advancing knight. "Fuckin die." And with that, the ring on his finger coiled upwards like a liquid snake until it fired off of his fingertip like a bullet. Piercing the knights forehead, "Next." Dax mumbled as he began to flick his finger through the air, controlling the gold as it ripped through the group of knights like paper before returning to its master.

"Guess I'll go see if that little fucks got my gold yet." He mumbled, swaggering back towards Montblanq Manor.

FIN
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:20 pm

blur_on

Lord's Prey

The situation had became very clear as Castor galloped through the capital. Murmurs revealed the plotline of what had transpired at the meeting of the Shields and Castor was just a step too late in being apart of the politics. Stein. The man who seemed to be at the apex of anything shady in Lvneel. First, it was Hibiscus Village with the slaves, then the incident in Asgar with the young marine and now, he’d revealed that a man known as Note, had plotted to kill the King? All of this sounded way too convenient.

Arriving at the Montblanc’s Manor, Castor met Bizelle and Raddot as they were about to leave. “Your late.” Bizelle grunted. “It seems so. Where’s Waldon? I have the amulet he wanted. I also have some bonus news that I hope to be paid extremely well for.” Castor stated. “You’re sounding more and more like a pirate than a Knight Sir Bastion.” Raddot chimed in. Turning his attention towards mounting his horse, “We don’t have time for small banter. Good job on retrieving the amulet. Lord Waldon is currently in the conference room. We can talk about rewards later. Raddot. Let’s go. Time is of the essence.” Bizelle commanded.

Grinning beneath his mask as the two men road off in hot pursuit, Castor resolved to find Lord Waldon immediately. Two things had became apparent through the murmurs picked up via his Logia’s ability to listen to sound waves, one, the girl he’d help escape was indeed the princess all the Knights in Asgar were searching for. Two, the remnants of the Note Family could be useful pawns in his overall plan. As he’d traverse the Castle’s walls, finally, Lord Waldon stood before him.

Sliding into the conference room, everyone present was frantic and on high alert. Circling around in front of Lord Waldon, the man tossed the amulet of the Fiore people before him. As the amulet glided across the table, Lord Waldon’s eyes widened in amusement. Ceasing to file his paperwork, Waldon signaled for Castor to follow him into another room. Agreeing with a simple nod of the head, Castor obliged.

“You did it. I’m impressed. Your timing is terrible however. I expected you lot hours ago.”
Waldon commented, grinning widely as he’d toss around the amulet in his hand. “And the bandits? What of them?” Waldon inquired. “Dead.” Castor stated bluntly. Once again Waldon’s eyes perked with great joy, “Perfect. I knew you were the man for the job Sir Bastion. I didn’t even have to tell you to clean up after yourself. Excellent.” Waldon concluded impressed.

Pocketing the amulet, Waldon would begin to catch Castor up on the events that had transpired at the meeting, the Death of Note and Stein’s role in the interrogation. Stein was definitely playing the Royalty of this nation like a fiddle, the flow of events were too convenient.

“I’ve sent Bizelle and Raddot to retrieve the boys but at this rate… They’ll escape to Nilf. I’m going to lend your service to Vana for a bit moving forward. I’ll keep that impudent side kick of yours in Jotun. His mouth might lead to political strains. Lord Bolden is a stern man with a short temper and his brat of a Grand Son is even worse.” Waldon informed.

“Whatever you command sir.” Castor stated, entering into his usual respectful bow. “Now that we’re familiar with each others work. Do tell. Why is that amulet so important to you?” Castor inquired. “The Fiore people are the true heirs to Jotun. However, a long time ago my family usurped them for ownership of the Shield. This amulet was the key to it all. In every Shield lies a similar amulet, legend says if you collect all five, it’ll lead you to a treasure grove.” Waldon explained.

“However that’s just a myth. All of the Shield heads know what lies at the location. It’s Lvneel’s dirtiest secret yet…” Waldon declared smirking menacingly. “Go on.” Castor declared, on edge at the great reveal that awaited. “If you bring me the Note boys, I’ll let you know. Even Bizelle and Raddot aren’t privy to this information. I-It’s a truth that even repeating it out loud would mean execution for me and for you.” Waldon concluded, diverting his gaze from Castor’s seemingly intense gaze beneath the mask.

Slipping back to the conference room, “Eat your full and drown yourself in Ale. I’ll have your rewards ready by fortnight. If those boys escape, we’ll have a civil war on our hands. We’ll need all the men we can get!” Waldon exclaimed.

Musspell | Stein’s Private Bunker

Hung up by chains, Newport began to vomit up his insides. Catching chunks of the discharge in his mouth, the man fashioned a lock pick between his teeth from among the gunk. Popping his own shoulder out of place, Newport user the lock pick to free himself from his restraints. Among the vomit, a small gourd sealed tightly lied with the Kanji – Flammable and Combustible on it. Picking his ear with his pinky finger, a bad habit of his, Newport pulled out his Den Den Mushi and gave Castor a call.

Finally alone, with Waldon gone and Dax having yet to arrive, the hidden Baby Den Den Mushi within the man’s garments began to shake. Sliding his hand into his armor, he’d remove the snail, answering his partner in crimes call.

“I thought you were dead Bloody Port. Status report, where’s the book I asked you to get?” Castor inquired.

“Just like you said. He tailed me and I got kidnapped.” Newport declared grinning broadly.

“Great. Did you find out where their base is located?” Castor inquired.

Blenching loudly, “Relax. I’ve been locked up for the last five days… I had to wait until they got bored of torturing me.” Newport stated, stretching as he’d attempt to pop his shoulder back into place.

Sighing, “Fine. I’ll leave the information gathering to you as per usual. Contact me when you have something solid and Newport… Nothing too flashy, yeah?” Castor declared.

Searching through his patched navy jacket, the man found a box of matches. Hanging up the line, “Of course. The fun has only just begun. I’ll save the flashy parts for you Castor. I’ll take this small victory.” Newport said lighting the match.

In pursuit of the Note boys, Stein receives an urgent call from his hometown of Musspell. The message was frantic and long but the end resuly was this: his favorite townhouse had been set aflame and Newport has escaped from his care.
News of Notes demise spread like wildfire across the Kingdom, many wept at the heroes tragic end and other drank in celebration.

However, one particular group, the proverbial sleeping bear had been awakened by this incident. For Note was the only man they’d managed to build great bonds with over the years, with their wavering faith in the young king, a new threat looms to return to the seas.

A small messenger boy running across wide expansive fields of the small cove off the coast of Lvneel ran to tell his papa the news.

“Father- Erm. I mean Lord Ragnar… We have news that Sir Note of Nilf… has perished.” The messenger boy informed.

The man who stood at the edge of a steep cliff, turned to the messenger with great dismay.

“Note. He was a good man. Call your brothers Bjorn. Tonight we’ll have a meeting to decide our clans future. With Note dead… All prior arrangements are off the table.” Ragnar stated.

FIN

Word Count: 1263 | Tagged: @Goldmonger

Notes: Prelude to the arc

[tracker=/t600-miku-e-sato#2421]
Name : Miku Etsuko Sato
Epithet : Rowdy Rascal
Height : 5'2"
Weight : 122 lb
World Position : Supernova
Crew : Meddling Kids
Ship : The Scorned Lady
Crew Role : Captain
Bounty : [ber=r] 105,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Shop Discount : 10%
Balance : [bel] 221,877,500
[[baneoftheweak]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[barrelcrazed]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:01 am

GRADING

COMMENTS
Castor O. Nox
+ Enjoy how Nox keeps Goldmonger in line at times, love zaps are cute.
+ Interesting flashbacks showing development, I enjoyed it.
+ Very introspective boss fight against Balthazar Fiore.
+ I demand you teach Dax to read.
+ The introduction of so many characters can be a bit difficult to track, maybe have a plotter with name, role, faction, listed? Especially since you pulled in NPCs from an older episode. Personal opinion.
+ I enjoy the multiple scenes, the way it’s split is concise and the dating and locations are easy to follow.
Dax Morgan (Goldmonger)
+ Dax’s rudeness is a great contrast to Castor’s
+ Consistent Grammar Errors
+ Liked the idea of having Golden Dust inside of Nox to track him.
+ If you could please put your base stats in your combat tracker so we know how much HP you have lost, how high or low you stats have been buffed/debuffed, and please include the combat tracker that shows your killing blows landing on the final post where you're opponent is defeated.
+ Pissing on the corpse was a bit much... Nice touch. Also loved the dummy act afterwards.
+ Loved the brother rivalry personally, too bad about their dad. I also greatly enjoyed the overall setup of an overarching plot. Can’t wait to see the conclusion.
+ I enjoy the multiple scenes, the way it’s split is concise and the dating and locations are easy to follow.

REWARDS

Castor Nox
Difficulty Bonus: +25% (+1)
Quality Bonus: +50% (A)

EXP: 123 [50+ (25%*50)+(50%*50)]*1.40
Berries: 35,525,000 [250k*58 + 25%(250k*58)+50%(250K*58)]*1.40
Bounty: No Bounty Raise/Set. | {Undercover}

Old balance: 79,854,688
Updated balance: 115,379,688

Dax Morgan (Goldmonger)
Difficulty Bonus: +25% (+1)
Quality Bonus: +50% (A)