Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[World Event] A Fool's ErrandThu Jul 25, 2024 8:35 pmVolo Rosso[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:57 amMaxwell[Episode] Corruption of BloodSun Jul 14, 2024 3:51 amYumiko[Episode] Mink-staken IdentityThu Jul 04, 2024 6:28 amYumiko[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSat Jun 29, 2024 9:00 pmGray[Episode] Now, where am I?Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:56 pmGray[Episode] Waking MonstersSat Jun 29, 2024 12:00 pmGray[Abandoned] [Arc] [Tequila Wolf Conquest] The Rotten Lie of Tequila WolfTue Jun 25, 2024 3:23 pmGray[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsSun Jun 23, 2024 5:11 pmGray
Go down
Anonymous

[Episode] Thrill of the Kill Empty [Episode] Thrill of the Kill

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:34 pm
Current Quest:

OOC: (-eh is a cough; -ee is a weeze)

If Brood was going to spend the time traversing the sea to meet another pirate crew, it could be none other than the motherfucking Nox Pirates. He had fought with and bled for their captain, Castor O. Nox and it was through that bond, that shared failure against the one known as "Iron Beast" Rubill Silver, that made Brood understand that he could put his faith into this so-called rival Supernova. Not that the two were even competing over the same prize. That knowledge made it easier for the Sweet-Tooth to be willing to make a pact with him. After-all, the captain of the Primetime Pirates held absolutely no in interest in becoming the King of the Pirates, nor did he have any interest in finding the One Piece.

Besides, the few times he encountered the far shorter man, he didn't have any negative emotions towards him. It wasn't like the man was known for ruthlessly slaughtering children or anything of that nature. So there were no barriers preventing the brooding one from approaching the lightning-bearer in a manner that would indicate friendship. The Dead Air wasn't the vessel that carried him into battle at Las Camp and it even flew a brand new flag that he obtained during his brief stint in Ohara. His entire crew had been replaced with the exception of four key individuals, his beloved oshiri-queen Seraphina Wolfe, the untouchable guttersnipe, Layla Keket, the impregnable pervert Desmond Wilkz and the always unpredictable Jackson Makarov.

He only trusted three of those four cutthroats, but he was well aware that while he was sitting on his ass after his defeat to the prehistoric pussy, Castor was putting in work. If not for his doctor, the sugary human would have retried early. Spending the rest of his days a moping drunk in a bar that lacked the firepower necessary to remove him from the premises. Fate had plans for the burly monster...and it was time for the morose mastodon to answer it's call to action. So long as Castor showcased the same interest that he had in forming an alliance, then things would work out for the pair. He didn't want to have to fight the man, which was enough proof to the dreaded captain that he required a further pursuit of this burgeoning... potential friendship.

The ship drifted towards the coastline slowly, given that Mr. Bach was in no hurry to start the festivities. His eyes were glazed over whilst Desmond told a horrible tale of his recent romantic misadventures and such stories often bored the man with the two scars. His preference was to take action...and in a few moments he would finally be able to cut loose. This was to be a celebration after-all and brood brought some sake that he took from Kano as well as some of the wild animals he slaughtered on one of the many unnamed islands that populated this blue. He knew about the cuisine that was mostly eaten in the North Blue and replicating those dishes down here was outside of his own wheelhouse. Besides that he couldn't even remember who his crew chef was.

As they approached the drop zone, the leader of this gang of privateers gave his orders and he gave them swiftly. The crew started to unload all of the things one would need for a festive evening... which was rather easy for the crew to do since they also followed this method for whenever they decided to raid a town. Brood made his way towards the island with a malignant expression plastered all over his face. Veins found themselves quickly popping out of his forehead and spreading outward like vines off a tree. His usual angered expression showcased the turbulent nature in which the deranged man operated, even now. As he shuffled up to the edge of his ship he created a large candy slug to navigate the rest of the way until he made it.

Now in a safe destination on the island, nestled inside of some gothic inspired courtyard, he crossed his arms and awaited the arrival of the only man not on his crew that he could respect from the North Blue. It was only a matter of time now as his men started to prepare a large bonfire as well as prepare kegs of sake for consumption. Brood didn't look the same as he did before in terms of his outfit. It clearly stood out as being more radical. One quick glance at him and it was almost a certainty that he took himself in an entirely different direction in terms of his fighting style as well. Since his massive axe had already been swung into the tree in which he was leaned up against. The only thing on his mind now was forming this alliance and heading up North.

{ 809 | 809 | 5000 }

Last edited by Brood on Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
[Episode] Thrill of the Kill G7UGK6I
[tracker=/t980-castor-o-nox#4771]
Name : Castor O. Nox
Epithet : Sanpaku | The Azure Pheasant | Duke Of Lvneel | Saint Nox
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 175lbs
Species : Three-Eye Tribesman
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Blockbuster
Alliance : -
Crew : Nox Pirates
Ship : The Wailing Calamity
Crew Role : Captain | Navigator | Book Collector | Pride Sin
Devil Fruit : Goro Goro no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 620,000,000
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (To all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf); +0.10 (Blockbuster); +0.20 (To all allies)
Shop Discount : -20%
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 96,000,000
Balance : [bel] 2,470,815,020
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[dreamsneverdie]]
[[bookworm]][[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

[Episode] Thrill of the Kill Empty Re: [Episode] Thrill of the Kill

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:38 pm

blur_on

A Pirate's Ball

Soaring above the seas and below the sun’s kiss, straying not too far to it’s affection like Icarus from the tales, the rookie had pretty much finished his errands in the West Blue. After suffering a painful defeat to Rubill Silver, he’d taken some time most only Toroa to collect materials for Dr.Abio, extending his vacation from the campaign on Lvneel. The final stages were pretty put in place before his departure, this time was just to clear his head from the twelve month long campaign, and invest in the future. Dax and Newport taking the ship elsewhere to galivant around the West Blue, Castor rode on his electric bird Kwane, to several islands that his heart was drawn towards. No plan like he’d usually iron out to final detail, even villains needed a day off to shoot the proverbial - ‘shit’. The Three Eyed Captain was dressed in his new attire for the West, a purple and red kimono, completed with the full wraps, giving the Imp the look of a oriental prince, almost a foreshadow for his return to the North.

However, the blue skies he’d soared on turned grey, eventually black, as he’d approach the island of choice. See, before leaving Las Camp, when Castor finally awoke from his slumber, the Mink who cared to his wounds informed him that Brood X. Bach had left him a notice.

‘Come to the island that has seen the sights we’ve yet to conqueror.’

Poetic. However, the only island that fit it’s description would be the wandering island Thriller Bark, an old abandoned amusement park. Sinking in height, the elegantly dressed swordsman, and trusted katana Summer Rain at his side, sunk closer and closer towards the ground. Noticing the solo murmurs on his radar, the Castle ahead seemed to be the correct destination, however strangely, he was picking up the whispers of others but they’d be too far away for him to even pay them any mind. Bursting through the castle's rusted courtyard gates, Castor arrived at the entrance of the Castle, in which he'd be surrounded by Brood’s crewmates. Raising his hands in the air grinning, one look at the Three Eye being, and the crew knew exactly who stood before them. At their hind, stood almost a brand new man in the eyes of the shrimp.

“Gashi Gashi Gashi… Look who had a make-over. You look like a brand new man, Mushiba.” Castor taunted playfully, using the man’s epithet for jest. “I guess we both have been taking this loss as a sign for change. I also hope that you can forgive Silver one day, as I intend to have him submit to my crew in the future. As his future Captain, I apologize in his steed.” Castor declared dramatically, what was once a joke on the battlefield became his obsession after his loss. “Sorry I couldn’t bring the boys with me… They’re busy living it up until we head back North. My crew kind of does what they want. It’s our thing. Both Dax and Newport are probably face deep in some backdoor brothel as we speak.” Castor concluded, shaking his head in disapproval.

Word Count:  523|5000  

| Tagged: @Brood

Notes:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:09 pm

Mushiba looked towards the new arrival and his nice dress that seemed to hug his hips and showcase he small feminine frame perfectly. At least, that was the impression that Brood had with anyone who wore a kimono unironically. As the three-eyed man finally stopped his arrogant display of being 'above' the sweet-toothed one, coming down off his flying creature, the captain of the Primetime Pirates allowed himself the chance to look over Castor properly, settling on locking eyes with his one-time comrade. "Sanpaku-eh." It was all that he bothered to say in response to the first statement posed towards himself. Though he had nothing to say about Silvers and the apology of a man that had yet to bring him aboard.

What did pique his interest however, was the announcement that Captain Nox would be making his return towards the North Blue... which was exactly the thing that Brood planned to do. "I am going-ee to the North Blue-eh to take over-eh Notice and Spider-ee Miles. Spider Miles be-ee-cause it is home. Notice because-eh it is a resort island, as-eh you know. They will help fund-eh my return to the Grand-ee Line." He told his plans to his fellow Supernova because he had no worries that the man would try to take those islands for himself. It didn't seem as though the two often crossed paths regardless of their missions. Especially since Castor was more of a Pirate and Brood was most certainly more of a mercenary. A privateer as the officials often called him.

Still, that did not detract from the potential advantages of the pair working together, something that didn't work out so well in their first actual fight alongside one another, but something that certainly made sense given that both were arguably the most ferocious and feared up-and-comers from the North Blue. An announcement that they joined forces would likely even gain the attention of a Yonko, Brood would surmise. But that wasn't exactly the only benefit that such an alliance would provide Xaldin. No, what he wanted more than anything else was recognition from the World Government. If he was considered a viable threat, then he could do a task to prove himself to the Government at large and become a Shichibukai. Letting his mercenary company operate without hassle.

"For what reason do you need to return to the North Blue, however, Sanpaku-san."  He was indeed curious and since the two captains would be having to represent each other in the future, with each decision their crews made reflecting on the other, it was no wonder that Brood needed to figure out what that man was going to be doing. He'd lift himself off the tree and approach the three-eyed wonder, extending his arm to the man so that they could do a manly handshake. Which required the pair to grab one another on the forearm, opposed to the hand itself. It would imply the bond that the pairing would share going forward. "Actually, you do know why I asked you to come here, right? I was thinking it's a good idea to unite the two strongest beasts from the North."

He started to drool out the sides of mouth, given that he was resisting the urge to cough and wheeze.

{ 546 | 1355| 5000 }

Last edited by Brood on Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:20 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : almost lost my post)
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:39 am

blur_on

A Pirate's Ball

Scanning the area, Castor sniffed once or twice for the nearest barrel of wine. His nose realized that aroma from anywhere, it was a popular North Blue brand of Cherry Wine called The Frozen Rose. Flickering instantaneously towards the nearest barrel, Castor took the wooden ladle that was attached to the side of the barrel, removed the cover, and stirred the elixir to be had. As he’d prepped for the drinking, Tooth-Decay started to ramble on about his activities in the North. “Notice and Spider Miles. Spider Miles, I understand but here I was thinking that I was the only crazy bastard in the North wild enough to try taking a World Government affiliated country.”

Seeping the liquor in and out of the ladle, Castor finally took his first sip of wine in almost a month. ‘Ahhh’ - the refreshing exclamation of a man who’d tasted his only true love aside from his lover’s embrace, booze. A flushed expression filled Castor’s face after only one shot, “I’ve been on Lvneel for the last year… I took a break from my campaign to help out at Las Camp but I’m on the cusp of owning that island as my very own turf. What I’m truly gunning for next is Flevance. With those two economies under my control… I’m going to prepare similarly to you for the New World - more so Paradise for now.” Pondering a bit on the man’s words, “Return? I didn’t even know you’d been there before Brood?” Curious, “Do tell, what’s it like on those waters? As for forming an alliance… between us two? Well. That all depends on what your end goal is?” Castor concluded, dipping the ladle into the wine once more, emptying it’s contents into his mouth gingerly, man, was Castor a lightweight when it comes to liquor.

“Truthfully. Newport has been teaching me about the pillars of the World since the incident with Firebear’d’s men. Shichibukai. Yonkou. The Pirate King. All foreign words to me. I only became a pirate out of a necessity to survive. For now, aiming towards becoming a Pirate King seems to be a starry eyed rookie’s fascination but Yonkou… It’s the only of the ranks he mentioned that seemed like - worth it? If I was one of the strongest pirates in the world, I could simply read my book’s everyday without hassle. My influence could also protect the people of my tribe. However, from the look on that old man’s face as he talked about the Emperors, he looked like he’d shit himself… almost like he’d seen a ghost. Anywho, enough of my ramblings Tooth-Decay. What do you say?” Castor concluded, smiling broadly in drunken glee.

Word Count: 444 (967|5000)

Notes:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:16 am

First strike, seemed as though Sanpaku didn't feel as though Brood was worthy of a handshake. He'd go ahead and make note o that transgression. It wasn't enough to cause the malignant maltose maniac to whip himself up into a frenzy, but it was substantial enough of a slight to take note of. It wasn't clear if this individual thought himself superior to Mushiba or not, but what was apparent was that his choice of wine was enough to cause the short feller to stray. Ignorance or indifference, perhaps one of these words best described the situation at present. Regardless, it wasn't until the miniature madman opened his mouth that Brood began to feel any sort of true disappointment. This guy really had to work on his social skills at some point.

Veins showcased themselves prominently within the eyes of the Primetime Captain, with another joining those upon his forehead. He wasn't exactly angry just yet, but the comment made by Captain Nox was agitating to say the least. Clearly Brood didn't give an iota of a fuck about the World Government given the fact that he had attacked Las Camp alongside this very man. The fact that he felt the need to quantify his own craziness in comparison with Brood, as though it were some form of competition, was appalling to the sugar bandit. Yet, he didn't do anything untoward to the three eyed person. He instead listened. Something that a taciturn yet furious individual such as Mr. Bach was rather prone to do. Being observant was second nature to him after-all.

It was strange to Brood that this man had never been to the Grand Line before, but stranger things had happened he supposed. It wasn't his place to pass judgement on other pirates, unless they attempted to fulfill the dream of becoming the so-called "King of Pirates" an unoriginal goal to be sure. The age of endless conflict was all that the sugar-daddy wanted to bring about and he was more than willing to kowtow to the World Government if it meant this great age of death and chaos remained intact. Granted, he couldn't exactly articulate such a goal towards Sanpaku. Instead, he decided to mention the only reason that he'd ever need this man in the first place. Though he was quite certain that once he began to explain himself it'd create a sense of confusion.

Brood found himself returning to the tree, covering his chest with his crossed arms once again. His drooling began to become far more furious now, given that he'd not bother to strain himself in order to not do so. This at least gave him the opportunity to speak to the man without being overwhelmed with a coughing fit. "My goal is to make an obscene amount of money, so that my family..." He'd gesture towards his crewmates "...won't ever go hungry again. To do that I need islands, specific islands. I'm in the business of real estate and I just take a brutal route to get what I want. I want to keep the seas an open market." It was a lofty goal, he wanted to put himself into the direct path of up-and-coming rookies who wished to place themselves distinctly above himself.

A popping noise from his neck occurred as he leaned his head from left to right. "You wish to become a Yonko at some point and that doesn't interest me in the slightest. War interests me. War drives property values. War creates jobs and keeps everyone on their toes. War is unpredictable and that is what I like...instability. Easier for us both to reach our goals if we aren't attempting to kill one another, no? A Yonko with ties to a Shichibukai would keep the world government's hands off your people..." He started to look around the sky, denoting that something was off with it, despite the fact that he couldn't precisely make out what it was. There were small indicators that something was in the distance, but he didn't focus on such occurrences in this...exact moment.

"And I aim to be just that...one of the Warlords of the Sea. Plus, I won't have to charge you whenever I see your... tribe in peril. I'll just swoop on in and help you out." And that was as far as he was willing to go in order to make his pitch for an alliance. There wasn't any logical reasoning for Brood to care beyond this point. Especially given the fact that he had taken a job from a Yonko recently enough to be proof of his willingness to be loyal. He wasn't sure why a lot of the crews were there personally, they didn't work in his field, but that was the main method in which Mushiba operated. First you take the contract, then you execute it with extreme prejudice. Consequences be damned. It was his tried and true methodology.

{ 822 | 2177| 5000 }

Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:17 am

blur_on

A Pirate's Ball

Dropping the ladle, Castor stretched to the sky, extending his tiny arms sky bound. Listening attentively to the six footer’s ambitions, a smile couldn’t help but come to his face. “Family, eh? That’s a beautiful dream.” Wiping his mouth clean from stains of the wine, Castor would sober up a bit as Mushiba began to unveil his ideals about the Pillars of the World, it was the end of the sentence that truly caught the Imp’s attention. “One of the Warlords… I see. I can definitely support that goal. Even if you wanted to become a Yonko, I was committed to taking down two. As someone I’ve bled in battle with… that’s a bond to which I value highly.” Castor concluded, flickering instantaneously once again, this time to stand in front of Brood, very military-like. The handshake he’d first purposely ignored, Castor extended his hand similar like Brood did earlier,

“I had to make sure what exactly you’d summon me here for. If it wasn’t worth the trouble, at least, I would’ve had some wine on your behalf… and disappeared! Gashi Gashi Gashi…” the Imp stated, breaking into laughter. “However. The words you’ve shared with me are those of a man whose Pride aligns with my own beliefs. Mushiba. I agree that we should be allies. Let’s give anyone who had eyes on us something to truly worry about now.” Castor concluded grinning. Even if Brood had ignored his gesture, much like he’d done earlier, it’d be fine, to him he’d just need a verbal confirmation of their union.

In the distance, the noise that Castor couldn’t quite make out came into range of his radar. “Are you expecting company… Mushiba? Like four ships worth.” Castor informed.

Above the two captains, a volley of iron weights, around ten in all descended from out of the mucky black sky, launched from the ships. Whoever or whatever were targeting them, meant to crush them both. Extending his hand to the heavens, a pillar of clapped down, obliterating the weights, while Castor shielded Brood from the lightning strike with his own lightning properties, it’d be as if a veil of bubble of lightning redirected an of the surge into Castor’s body. Taking off the shoulders of his kimono to reveal his crimson armor beneath, “It seems our meeting has been picked up on someone’s radar. From docks… about a fifty men, give or take, coming this way. No one of mention… Except two of them.” Castor concluded, judging by the way these two particular individuals had been barking orders to the corresponding troops.

Word Count: 425 (1392|5000)

Notes:

Last edited by Castor O. Nox on Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:27 pm; edited 3 times in total

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:51 pm

Sanpaku was about to learn that Brood was the living embodiment of being taciturn.

Brood was curious of which of the Yonko had made it onto Castor's supposed hitlist. it wasn't his prerogative to actively clash with and create conflict with the Four Emperors considering that they did make for a good client base, taking the request from the teddy-bear might have resulted in a loss of his ship and crew but the payout was fantastic. That being said, it was going to be an inevitable circumstance once he crossed the threshold from Paradise to the New World. It was good to see that Sanpaku thought this far ahead, however. It showcased his character and allowed for Brood to make sound judgement on the kind of man he was dealing with. There was at least an iota of hesitation, but it wasn't out of fear of fighting. Just fear of fucking up his profit margin.

Brood note the attempt of Sanpaku to shake hands, but reached over himself to grab the haft of his axe, gripping it tightly and ripping the device out of the tree, causing the organic structure to collapse from the wedge formed within it. Brood noted the individuals in the distance himself as well, but the primary difference between these two captains was their willingness to be distracted by idle chatter. Brood walked forward and with his free hand, patted Sanpaku upon his shoulder. "I feel-eh it too, let's make our alliances-ee debut, what do you say-ee?" He took a moment to close his eyes, allowing the fodder's location to be found. "Dibs on the weaker one!" Brood shouted out excitedly as his body seemed to jerk towards the opponent's location, utilizing sugar hooks and cables firing out from him.

Brood's expression didn't seem to change much at all as he went soaring through the sky, as though he was some form of titan killer. He could have just made sugar wings, but he didn't want to do anything too obvious. Besides, the momentum he was getting from zipping through the air in this manner was far more impactful than what he would do otherwise. He was a creative individual when it came to killing people, which he was going to show off here and now. He also made it clear to his allies that they weren't allowed to participate in this slaughter with a single gesture, with an explosion of sugary powder covering the bulk of the sky and spreading outwards. All the while, Mushiba found himself heading towards one of the ships that were approaching, his body slung quickly.

He wasn't even aware there were traditional docks here, and figured they must have been built back when this island was transformed into an amusement park. The observation proved moot regardless, as he'd land upon the hull of one of the approaching vessels, noting the jolly roger and the insignia emblazoned on it. It was apparent that the Flamelight Organization had come for them, but he didn't remember any essential data about the group due to their prominence within the West Blue. Which, he didn't hail from and had only scoured for a miniscule breadth of time. He surmised that they were bounty hunters, however, given their equipment. He'd rear back with his axe and follow through, swinging with hellacious force, cleaving through several members immediately.

"Hi." He scowled for the briefest of moments. Rearing back his disturbingly adorable weapon once more. It was time for the slaughter.

{ 569 | 2746 | 5000 }

Last edited by Brood on Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : div fix)
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:13 pm

blur_on

A Pirate's Ball

“Too much effort - Tooth Decay.” Castor declared sighing that his drinking session was being ruined by mercenaries. Shooting a jolt of electricity into the sky, the already blackened skies of Thriller Bark became even bleaker, roaring on command at the Imp’s displeasure. A concentrated cluster of clouds began to form specifically around the docks, as many of the mercenaries were still disembarking the ship, as other vessels pulled into the harbor. In an instant, a huge pillar of lightning descended from the heavens, encapsulating the ship’s center. The force caused the wooden vehicle to fold inward, sinking the crewmates below to the treacherous blue. A massive suction was formed, drawing in neighboring ships into the abyss with it, as Castor removed his katana and began a slow march towards the coast. The assailants trekking up the hill looked over their shoulder in great fright as the sound of their crewmates wailing sent shivers up the men’s spines.

Walking through the crowd, Castor simply slipped through the gaps in the men’s formation, continuing towards the coast. By the time the men noticed Castor’s presence, their souls were already on the voyage up the River Styx, almost in the cold embrace of eternity. Sheathing his Summer Rain, the man shot off towards the coast like a lightning bolt, landing on the ship of one of the Commander’s in the organization. Gulping in fear, the terrified men were too busy trying to move their ship away from the ship-made whirlpool that they hadn’t even picked up on Castor’s appearance on the ship. Placing his hand on the deck, the Imp began to electrify the ship’s deck, causing it to collapse. Standing on the only remaining piece of the deck, Castor looked upon the falling bodies, all three eyes expanded, grinning in glee. From the upper deck, a sniper took aim, firing a single shot, which Castor deflected with his katana.

Whistling, “That’s pretty impressive. The other guys are scared shitless of you but you’re impressive, Sanpaku.” the stranger commented.

“Was that your way of saying hello, it’s quite rude to shoot from someone’s blind spot?” Castor inquired with a pout.

“I don’t introduce myself to monsters. I just take my shot and click. That’s about it.” the shooter retorted. Before the man would have finished his sentence, Castor disappeared from before his eyes. Seemingly suspended in mid-air, the Imp would spin twice, swirling his katana’s edge through the contents of the man’s neck. His severed head rolling into the filled chasm of bodies below from the collapsed deck. Yawning, “Click!” Castor shouted, towards the descended severed head, hopping off the side of the ship. Casting an electrical flurry, Nox created a bird out of his lightning bolts, flying off towards the next vessel.

Word Count: 460(1852|5000)

Notes:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:18 pm

Noting the bolt of lightning that devastated one of the nearby ships, Brood found himself smirking at the no-nonsense approach that his fellow Captain employed when dealing with these mercenaries. Brood didn't have any hard feelings against Bounty Hunters, especially given the fact that he was a privateer himself. So he didn't see the need to go too wild here and now. He was going to save that for the strongest opponent that he could find in the area. It took him a moment to figure out just who exactly that was. But he did note that said person was closer to Castor. A shame really, but not too big of a deal. Ever since he got his ass completely handed to him by his master, he dedicated himself to a new, more destructive, perspective on life.

"Who is second in command here?." He spoke as the drool cascaded from the corners of his mouth, realizing that whomever was likely second in command was not going to bother being on the same ship wit the over-all leader. The moment he realized that none of these little shitstains where going to engage him in conversation he decided to follow through with his next attack, aiming at one of the ships in the distance and sending a wave of pressurized liquid towards the ship at high speeds, using the liquikd state in which sugar could take so that he could chop the vessel in half. As a result, there were only two ships left. The one he was on, and the one that he didn't bother to pay attention too. His smile grew momentarily as he waited.

From behind those men, a strange sight approached him. It wasn't what he expected at least, but there was an individual who looked less human and more like some of his crewmates. A mink that had an eyepatch covering their left ocular. This individual seemed to be an animal that Brood had never encountered, but one thing was for certain. It wasn't a dog or monkey for it was gray and held a singular horn that came out of it's face. Unbeknownst to Brood, the man that stood opposite of him, armored in gold plate and holding a mighty halberd, was none other than a Rhinoceros Mink. One by the name of Salazar the Frenzy, an accomplished Three-Star bounty hunter who wished to turn in both Brood and Castor in order to become a Four-Star bounty hunter.

The towering man, on account that he stood at ten feet tall, looked down upon Brood and spoke to him with a deep gravely voice, "Brood Xaldin Bach, Captain of the Primetime Pirates, bounty 325 million berries.... Hmph! Always thought you'd be taller." The massive individual scoffed, as if he was doing his best to hurl insults at the candy coated cutthroat in order to try and throw Brood off his game. It was unfortunate that such tactics didn't work on Brood now-a-days. He wasn't a man concerned about the safety of himself or his crew anymore. He'd not hold back once this fight began properly. That much would be made apparent. "We heard that two big shots were meeting up here, good thing our intel never ends up being wrong. How about you turn yourself in quietly. That way, I don't have to risk bringing in your bounty dead."

Of course, Brood decided not to say anything to the oversized idiot standing before him. Merely reaching out with a singular hand and making an obscene gesture similar to a romantic act only used by loving, consenting adults. Such an act of brazen disrespect caused the enemy to flair his nostrils, letting a huff release that showcased a rather visible amount of steam exiting through the nose. With his eyes narrowed he hoisted up his halberd and gave an order to his remaining crewmates, "You know what... scratch that boys, we'll bring him in dead!" His men rallied, knowing how powerful their actual commander was, though some of them were worried about the absolute slaughter happening on the other vessel nearby. If they beat up brood fast enough, they might have had enough time to face the guy that looked like the actual threat.

{ 707 | 3453 | 5000 }
Salazar The Frenzy's Appearance

Last edited by Brood on Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:23 pm

blur_on

Battle At Sea

Soaring above sea level, Castor noticed a disturbance in the currents, it was quite a peculiar sight. Small ripples, almost morphing into average sized whirlpools, began to rise out of the water, spiraling upwards like twisters. From the eye of the twisters, similar weights like what we’re fired ashore earlier began to be spat out from the eye of the twisters. Bobbing from left to right in mid-air, Castor avoided the weights once more.

“Jiro Jiro Jiro…” a laugh sounded from beneath the service, and from below the black water, a scaly beast appeared. “I hope you quite enjoyed my welcoming ceremony from earlier… Sanpaku. My business partner will be taking care of your ally. With a dangerous fruit like yours… Drawing you out into the open water was easier than I expected.” the bull shark fishman talked in a baritone voice.

“A Fishman? This is my first time seeing one face to face. I’m guessing you're not here to celebrate our alliance.” Castor responded smugly.

“In a sense. I’ll be much more celebratory once I have you two lesser species locked in a cell. Especially you Castor, 'certain' underworld brokers would be very happy in seeing your demise.” the fishman alluded. Much like his partner, the Three Star Hunter - Gilligan, The Man Hunter stood as one the generals of the Flame Light Organization. “Our boss is quite interested in seeing if we’ll be able to bring you two down. After all, it’s not often we’re sent to the Blues to deal with Big Names - Jiro-ro-ro.” Gilligan commented, entering into a slight chuckle at the ridiculous nature of their mission. “I have a few of my friends assisting me in combat… I hope you don’t mind.” Gilligan declared, before whistling, using the gaps in his scaly hand to beckon the sea creatures below. Surfacing, about three smaller sea kings with containers strapped to their backs, each carry weights, the cornerstone of Gilligan’s fighting style.

Lunging out of the water, to ride on the head of a bull-cow seaking, “You’ll soon see why I’m known as a Devil Fruit Hunter among my man-killing ways, Tribesman.” Gilligan taunted, smiling before submerging before the water once again. Climbing a few meters in correspondence to the monster's submergance, Castor regretted damaging the two ships earlier, “Luckily…. The other one’s still standing, it just has no deck. I can stay in the air for days if need be… but if I fall into the water. It’s game over.” Castor thought to himself, reaching for his spear Iris. Spinning the throwing spear in hand, a broad smile stretched across the Imp’s face aboard his electrical avifauna, Kwane.

Word Count: 435(2,287|5000)

Notes:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:04 am
Brood uses AOE[Akuma-Tekina Tōnyō-Byō] on Brood.
Brood uses UT on Salazar.

Salazar uses MT on Brood.
Salazar uses LT on Brood.
Salazar uses UT on Brood.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Brood on Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

Name : Variable
Epithet : Variable
Height : Variable
Weight : Variable
Species : Variable
Faction : Variable
Crew : Variable
Ship : Variable
Crew Role : Variable
Devil Fruit : Variable
Bounty : Variable
Balance : Variable

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:04 am
The member 'Brood' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 14

--------------------------------

#2 'Reflex Check' : 9, 6, 8, 12
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:39 am
Brood uses HT[Kashi Ōga] on Brood.
Brood uses LT[Orokana Katō] on Salazar.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Brood on Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:39 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 16, 2

#2 'Reflex Check' : 15, 14, 16, 14
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:22 am
Brood uses MT[Satōkibi no Haritsuke] on Brood.
Brood uses LT[Seki Seki] on Salazar.
Brood uses LT[Jittabagu Namekuji] on Salazar.

Salazar uses HT on Brood.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Brood on Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:00 am; edited 2 times in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:22 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 5, 11, 18, 17

#2 'Reflex Check' : 19, 14, 3, 9
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:29 pm
Brood uses HT[Shotō Sarubo MKII] on Brood.
Brood uses LT[Furēbāpoppu] on Salazar.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Brood on Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:06 am; edited 3 times in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:29 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 12, 11, 17

#2 'Reflex Check' : 17, 17, 8, 18
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:25 am
Brood uses HT[Tōnyō-byō: Dai 4 dankai] on Brood.
Brood uses LT[Kyūban Satsujin] on Salazar.

Salazar uses AOE on Brood.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Brood on Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:06 am; edited 4 times in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:25 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 3, 4, 15

#2 'Reflex Check' : 7, 20, 6
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:19 am
Brood uses LT[Tōnyō-byō: Daiichidankai] on Brood.
Brood uses LT[Furēbāpoppu] on Salazar.
Brood uses LT[Kyūban Satsujin] on Salazar.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Brood on Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:07 am; edited 4 times in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:19 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 10, 18, 4, 18

#2 'Reflex Check' : 18, 1, 17, 5
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:46 am
Brood rests.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Brood on Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:46 am

'Reflex Check' : 2, 3, 8, 19
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:52 am

Before the rest of the mercenaries could whip themselves up in a frenzy, Brood slammed his axe into the deck of the ship, causing chucks of wood and splinters to fly up into the air all the while. With his opposite hand, as he swung his axe with his left hand usually, he stretched it outwards so that his palm was facing the giant Rhinoceros that stood before him.

"Wait." Brood spoke calmly, before continuing to talk. "We are in the same profession-ee... sort of. I don't usually-eh hunt bounties-ee. But I do ee-take on jobs for random employers from time to time. If you have the money-ee," He entered a momentary coughing fight all the while, causing the flow of the conversation to be interrupted. "I ee-can help you capture the lightning-eh boy over there." He seemed rather genuine in his words, oddly enough.

This caused Salazar to pause... since he had never expected to be propositioned in this manner. The Rhinoceros rubbed his chin while Brood spoke. It was clear that the Logia user was the biggest issue here, opposed to this guy with the random food-based Paramecia.

He wasn't too sure that he could trust in the candy-man, but all of the reports did make it clear that the Primetime Pirates styled themselves as Privateers. Which, while not being bounty hunters, still dealt in the same governing principles. Pay a fee and gain a service. It would be a good deal to have the two so-called Supernovas wear each other out before capturing the pair.

Such an opportunity allowed for Salazar to close his eyes in contemplation, blinking for half a second more than he normally would. But by the time his eyes opened he was uplifted.

In that moment Brood had closed the distance between the pair, throwing a kick with so much force that it sent the mighty Rhino up into the air with a fractured jaw. Salazar's eyes showcased his hidden rage. Using the momentum of being uprooted, he flipped his body in full rotation, similar to a backflip. He'd then bring himself down with his impressive weight, slamming his halberd down onto the location in which Brood was just standing.

Brood managed to narrowly dodge the blow, having not expected such finesse from such a larger opponent, rolling backwards and cracking his knuckles as he rested upon a single knee.

"I should have expected you to do something so cowardly, once a Pirate always a Pi-!" Before he could finish speaking Brood would be upon him yet again. Throwing a punch towards the man's face.

The Rhinoceros hadn't expected such an overwhelming display of speed from the sugar bandit, but he allowed himself to eat the punch, showcasing his own endurance granted to him by his secret weapon. With Brood now stuck in place for a brief moment, due to the transfer of momentum from one object to another, the single horned combatant allowed for his fist to swing forward rapidly. The attack delivering a horizontal slam towards Brood's rib cage, shoving him away so that his body smashed against the starboard side of the ship itself.

While he felt as though it was a solid hit, he couldn't seem to explain how the sugary man rose to his feet so quickly. It was no secret that Brood himself wasn't the best when it came to taking damage. He did get smashed by a giant dinosaur after-all.

But one of the secrets to Brood's fighting style, was how wild he went.

Granted, this was a new way in which he chose to use his abilities. He used to be a far more methodical fighter before his training with the frenzied claw. Now that he was completely tied to the method of combat that saw him going all out as quickly as possible, his glass-cannon nature was far more usable than it had been in the past. Though, this was perhaps one of those rare exceptions in which Brood didn't want to immediately end the fight against his pursuer and it was for a good reason...

Brood recognized the badge that was on the big gray bastard the moment that he got up close and personal. This man was apart of the same association as that bastard with the two swords that humiliated him all those years ago. Dimachaerus, The Silver-haired Saviour. Someone that Brood had yet to prove himself against in the world.

This was his chance to finally establish himself as being capable of taking on those who operated in that profession. "Not my fault ee-you're stupid enough to trust-eh a pirate." Brood's comment was harsh, especially since Brood never went by such a moniker before, though his crew wasn't called the Primetime Privateers. So perhaps he did hold a point.

"You son of a bitch... I've had enough of this!!" The man stated with gritted teeth, charging forward attempting to gore Brood, though missing by a fraction of a millimeter, getting stuck into the side of the ship. Immediately the massive mammalian mauler called out to his crew. Losing the stunned looks on their faces, they decided to surround and close in on Brood.

While not having his axe put him at a disadvantage, Brood didn't mind.

".....Eh"

{ 877 | 4330 | 5000 }
Salazar The Frenzy's Appearance

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord