Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[World Event] A Fool's ErrandThu Jul 25, 2024 8:35 pmVolo Rosso[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:57 amMaxwell[Episode] Corruption of BloodSun Jul 14, 2024 3:51 amYumiko[Episode] Mink-staken IdentityThu Jul 04, 2024 6:28 amYumiko[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSat Jun 29, 2024 9:00 pmGray[Episode] Now, where am I?Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:56 pmGray[Episode] Waking MonstersSat Jun 29, 2024 12:00 pmGray[Abandoned] [Arc] [Tequila Wolf Conquest] The Rotten Lie of Tequila WolfTue Jun 25, 2024 3:23 pmGray[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsSun Jun 23, 2024 5:11 pmGray
Go down
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai
[tracker=/t1576-ryoichi-ayugai#8716]
Name : Ryoichi Ayugai
Epithet : The Boxing Bear
Height : 6 feet 1 inch (1.85m)
Weight : 198 lbs (95kg)
Species : Human
Faction : Marines
Crew : Blue Fist Academy
Ship : SSS Rocky
Marine Rank : Rear Admiral
Crew Role : Grandmaster
Devil Fruit : Kuma-Kuma no Mi (Bear-Bear Fruit) Model: Polar Bear
Quality Score : A
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.15 (Rear Admiral); 0.20 (to all allies)
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 50,000,000
Balance : [bel] 485,600,807
[[baneoftheweak]][[dreamsneverdie]][[childofdestiny]][[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]
[[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Episode] Punch Drunk!  - Page 2 Empty Re: [Episode] Punch Drunk!

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:37 pm
As the pair were heading towards the entrance of the arena, they had to stop for a brief moment as the 'defender' was announced, that being Cortez himself. Needless to say, Cortez's entrance was awaited, and the crowd's cheers were a good indication of it.

"That's... Quite a song."

The song that was chosen for the entrance of Cortez contained quite some hint of violence in its tone. Was that what was awaiting Ryoichi? Lots of violence? Pain? Of course, that was what was awaiting Ryoichi. If one is not ready to get punched in this sport, they should not do it!

"South blue savior? In what way?" Ryoichi questioned his second, only to not get the answer since it was their time to enter the arena. It was the time to hype up! Ryoichi slammed his fists together as he was hopping on the spot, hearing the song starting to play, and the announcement start.

"Heh... Classic, have not heard this in ages... Wait... I am not self-proclaimed... That's what was given to me..."

But before he could fully explain, he was gently nudged forward, out from the dark hall and into the spotlight of thousands of people to witness the man walk towards the arena.

As he was walking, he could not help but look to his left, and to his right, and then up towards the lights, and then back forward, feeling some of the cold sweat form around his neck on top of the warmed-up body. "This is... So much more people than at any of my bouts..."

The walk towards the arena did not amass as many cheers as that of Cortez's, but what it did was amass people who actually sang to the classic rock song that was playing. Cortez did not have this kind of ability, perhaps people found it to be too violent? Or not classic enough?

"We really are not that welcome here huh?

As the man climbed the stairs and crawled from under the ropes, he stood in his corner, with his second next to him on his right. That was when the final announcement was made by none other than the host himself. And what an announcement it was.

If Ryoichi did good, he could have a chance to become even bigger a champion... However, if he lost, they would lose money, a lot of money. "Well yeah, I cannot lose already because of your investment... The token for claiming is a nice bonus."

As the announcement had ended, he walked in the middle of the ring together with his second to hear the rules be announced to the fighters, and also into the microphone for everyone in the arena to be heard.

"Okay, let us have a clean fight. The match can last up to twelve rounds. The winning conditions are as you already know, KO, TKO. Unless I see some funny business, DQ occurs. If you last twelve rounds, we will hear UD, SD, or MD. No rabbit punches, no kidney punches. No punches below the belt. Have a good fight! Touch gloves!"

All the technical terms were said out, each and every one of them Ryoichi understood, and most likely so did Cortez. These terms should be familiar to every boxing enthusiast. Ryoichi reached his blue gloves out for them to be touched by his opponent. It was up to the man to decide if he would do that. Whatever the man decided to do, Ryoichi would return to his corner for the robes to be removed and the mouth guard to be put into his mouth.

[601/7028/5000]
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
[Episode] Punch Drunk!  - Page 2 G7UGK6I
[tracker=/t980-castor-o-nox#4771]
Name : Castor O. Nox
Epithet : Sanpaku | The Azure Pheasant | Duke Of Lvneel | Saint Nox
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 175lbs
Species : Three-Eye Tribesman
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Blockbuster
Alliance : -
Crew : Nox Pirates
Ship : The Wailing Calamity
Crew Role : Captain | Navigator | Book Collector | Pride Sin
Devil Fruit : Goro Goro no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 620,000,000
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (To all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf); +0.10 (Blockbuster); +0.20 (To all allies)
Shop Discount : -20%
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 96,000,000
Balance : [bel] 2,470,815,020
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[dreamsneverdie]]
[[bookworm]][[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:15 pm
[Episode] Punch Drunk!  - Page 2 B4bcd52f67720f0edc7c598a08b1e863

Sanpaku (산빠쿠)

"Don't worry about the money. Just focus on the fight." Nox would reassure, assembling his setup in the Blue Corner. As Ryoichi and Cortez approached each other at the center of the ring, the referee would begin to explain the rules of the bout.

Ryoichi would extend his gloves for a friendly exchange and Cortez would comply before leaning in close to whisper in his ear. "You're out of your league, cabron. I'll show you what a real champion punches like." Cortez murmured loud enough for only Ryoichi to hear.

As the Boxing Bear returned to his corner, Castor removed his robe, slid onto a wooden stool, and began to massage the kinks out of the man's muscles. "Alright. Listen to me kid. He's the one who promised he'd knock you out in four rounds... Get that outta ya head. We're playing the long route. The moment he makes a mistake or throws a punch too short - you hit em' where it hurts." Castor declared, doubling down on his role as Ryoichi's coach.

Removing his mouth guard from its container, the disguised pirate captain put the mouth guard in place, wiping the sweat from Ryoichi's brow and removing the stool from the corner.

"It's showtime. Your training made you ready. Go handle your business." Nox concluded, slapping the white wool towel playfully against his back.

The referee called both boxers to the center of the ring once more.

The bell rung. Round One Commenced and Cortez came out the gates swinging. Utilizing his long arms, the man fired off a sequence of swift jabs, keeping his right first tucked to his chest to slug at the sign of any openings. His fancy footwork sent the crowd into an uproar and would be sure enough to keep Ryoichi on his toes.

XXX Announcer Betty Rue commented on Cortez's firey start.

"He's coming in hot Lenny. What's your take on the challenger from the North - Ryoichi Ayugai?!" The woman inquired in the peppiest tone possible.

"I requested the footage from the Notice Branch but they didn't have any snail footage of his time in the North but I'm told he slugs with a heart of gold. Maybe we can get an upset tonight Betty." Lenny, the announcer now standing in as commentator for the final bout on the card chimed in.

"I think he has no chance in hell." The Third Commentator, the Voice of the South, Former XXX New World Competitor turned commentator, Luis Armstrong commented. "Cortez left his professional career with 40-3 record. Those losses on his record are all against guys who went on to be a champ or are at the top of the XXX Divison. This rookie is in over his head." Luis pridefully declared.

"We'll see. Miracles do happen." Lenny chimed in. "There's something about this kid. A rawness to him. Reminds of a Young Sugar Baye Leopard." Lenny boastfully proclaimed.

"That's mighty high praise." Betty responded with a shocked expression. Betty knew exactly where and what she had to say with the cameras on to keep her sheep-like fan club excited.

Lenny and Luis loved to argue and usually always took opposing sides on commentary. It was just good for business and gets more first viewers to buy into more than just the fight itself.

@Ryoichi Ayugai

Word Count: 6,801

Castor'sTracker

[[baneoftheweak]][[dreamsneverdie]][[childofdestiny]][[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:28 pm
DING!

One gonk had landed on the metal bell. The bell indicated that the match had begun. Ryoichi moved off from his corner of the square-shaped ring, immediately as the bell rang and Bastion gave a slap on his back with the towel.

As much as Cortez went into the fight with the killer's intent, as much did Ryoichi. He dashed off from his corner, tipping on his toes, not letting his heel fall down on the ground. He went in swinging, having the same idea as Cortez had.

The match, as they always do, began in a very high spirit due to both fighters being in shape to fight, neither of them was tired or injured. While Cortez kept his dominant non-jabbing hand close to his chest, Ryoichi kept it more traditional. He kept the non-used hand balled into a fist, close to his cheek instead, to protect his face. He knew he was not to underestimate getting hooked into the face. He could not afford to be cocky.

The first set of jabs was easily dodged by Ryoichi with simple weaves. He followed then with a simple counter of two jabs, followed by a swift right straight, performing a simple, yet fast and well-executed one-two-three. Ryoichi could not afford to slug that heavily, especially since right now, the man had to keep up with the footwork until he manages to lead Cortez to the point where he could start pummeling him.

As it looked right now, the beginning of the match-up could make both fighters look like equals! But the fight was long from over, in fact, it has barely even lasted at this point, not even a minute was in yet. There were still many rounds to go. The fight ain't over until one lays down on the ground, or the fight is stopped... Taking it to the very end, was not an option.

[317/7345/5000]
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
[Episode] Punch Drunk!  - Page 2 G7UGK6I
[tracker=/t980-castor-o-nox#4771]
Name : Castor O. Nox
Epithet : Sanpaku | The Azure Pheasant | Duke Of Lvneel | Saint Nox
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 175lbs
Species : Three-Eye Tribesman
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Blockbuster
Alliance : -
Crew : Nox Pirates
Ship : The Wailing Calamity
Crew Role : Captain | Navigator | Book Collector | Pride Sin
Devil Fruit : Goro Goro no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 620,000,000
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (To all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf); +0.10 (Blockbuster); +0.20 (To all allies)
Shop Discount : -20%
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 96,000,000
Balance : [bel] 2,470,815,020
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[dreamsneverdie]]
[[bookworm]][[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:34 am
[Episode] Punch Drunk!  - Page 2 B4bcd52f67720f0edc7c598a08b1e863

Sanpaku (산빠쿠)

Cortez was impressed with the youngster's steps, so much so, that he couldn't help but smile menacingly as he'd quickly evade the man's attempt and a one-two combination. After all, out-boxing and evading blows as a technical fighter were the Mexican Warrior's bread and butter.

However, this time it was personal. Ryoichi reminded him of his old self. The younger him who didn't care about a flawless record or looking pretty for the post interviews, the slug-fest lover who used to watch matches in his hometown of Baterilla.

Cortez increased the intensity of his jabs, he'd begin pummeling the man from a distance, using his long arms and height advantage in his favor. In between strikes, he'd dash in close to hug Ryoichi, pushing against the ropes.

"I wonder how your momma felt pushing out a failure such as yourself. Maybe if she had a real man like myself... You wouldn't be such a waste, cabron." Cortez whispered, the referee fighting for his life to separate the former champion from the challenger.

"Look at those beautiful lefts from the Southpaw Cortez! As the fight goes on, it shows the challenger Ryoichi is the way in over his head." Luis commented.

"I wouldn't say so, Luis. They are about even so far - we have about thirty seconds left in the round and the former champions already leaning on mind games." Lenny responded.

"Boys will be boys. Isn't that how the saying goes? I agree with Lenny. The kid has a sharp one-two. Not the cleanest I've ever seen but it is quality." Betty, the boxing enthusiast concurred.

End of Round 1.

As the Boxers returned to the corner, Cortez would slap Ryoichi on his behind.

"I'll see you in Round 2, Chica." Cortez declared condescendingly, trying to continually aggravate the challenger.

Meanwhile, in the sky box, Kazuma continues to pester Red Devil about his business partner and Ryoichi's boxing trainers identity. "Something about that trainer... I just can't put my finger on it." Kazuma started to Duke.

"Most of my customers who take out a line of credit with me deposit a portion of the berri. According to our records, he put down a 100% deposit in treasure." Kazuma examined, flicking through the papers.

"Zuzu. My man. This isn't like you. You've never been invested in your guests' private lives in the past. What is it about my client that's different?" Duke inquired.

Shrugging and discarding the papers, he'd shrug, "Just one of those feelings. When people bet larger volumes of money like this on a sure loss. I need to know. Especially since I know you sold Mr.Cortez some... Enhancers. Never pegged you as one who played the fence." Kazuma chimed in, one eye opened, peering at Duke in a spunky manner.

"The only true fools in life are those who believe they aren't one." Red Devil announced ominously.

@Ryoichi Ayugai

Word Count: 7,280

Castor'sTracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:20 pm
Round 1:

Ryoichi:

[HT] Champions Weaving on himself
[LT] Champions jabs on Cortez
[UT] on Cortez

Cortez:

[MT] on Ryoichi
[LT] on Ryoichi
[LT] on Ryoichi
[UT] on Ryoichi

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Ryoichi Ayugai on Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:20 pm
The member 'Ryoichi Ayugai' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 19, 19

--------------------------------

#2 'Reflex Check' : 8, 18, 15, 13
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:39 pm
Round 2:

Ryoichi:

[HT] Champions Right Straight on Cortez
[LT] Left hook on Cortez
[UT] on Cortez

Cortez:

[MT] on Ryoichi
[LT] on Ryoichi
[LT] on Ryoichi
[UT] on Ryoichi

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Ryoichi Ayugai on Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:39 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 6, 6, 8

#2 'Reflex Check' : 15, 9, 18, 3
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:57 pm
Round 3:

Ryoichi:

[HT] Bear claws on Cortez
[UT] on Cortez

Cortez:

[HT] on Ryoichi
[LT] on Ryoichi
[UT] on Ryoichi

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Ryoichi Ayugai on Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:57 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 3, 2, 7

#2 'Reflex Check' : 13, 8, 19
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:09 pm
Round 4:

Ryoichi:

[HT] Bear Bite on Cortez
[LT] Left hook on Cortez
[UT] on Cortez

Cortez:

[MT] on Ryoichi
[LT] on Ryoichi
[LT] on Ryoichi
[UT] on Ryoichi

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Ryoichi Ayugai on Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:09 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 5, 6, 20

#2 'Reflex Check' : 18, 1, 8, 15
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:22 pm
Round 5:

Ryoichi:

[MT] Left uppercut on Cortez
[LT] Right Straight on Cortez
[UT] on Cortez

Cortez:

[MT] on Ryoichi
[LT] on Ryoichi
[LT] on Ryoichi
[UT] on Ryoichi

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Ryoichi Ayugai on Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:22 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 15, 16, 16, 16

#2 'Reflex Check' : 1, 9, 2, 6
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:37 pm
Round 6:

Ryoichi:

[MT] Right hook on Cortez
[LT] Left hook on Cortez
[LT] Rotating jab on Cortez
[UT] on Cortez

Cortez:

[AoE] on Ryoichi
[UT] on Ryoichi

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Ryoichi Ayugai on Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:37 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 15, 6, 9, 11

#2 'Reflex Check' : 4, 17
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:55 pm
Round 7:

Ryoichi:

[LT] Finger slice on Cortez
[UT] on Cortez

Cortez:

[MT] on Ryoichi
[LT] on Ryoichi
[LT] on Ryoichi
[UT] on Ryoichi

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Ryoichi Ayugai on Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:55 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 13, 7, 7, 2

#2 'Reflex Check' : 20, 17, 3, 17
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:28 pm
Round 8:

Ryoichi:

[LT] Left hook on Cortez
[LT] Rotating jab on Cortez
[LT] Shadow Jabs on Cortez
[UT] on Cortez

Cortez:

[MT] on Ryoichi
[LT] on Ryoichi
[LT] on Ryoichi
[UT] on Ryoichi

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Ryoichi Ayugai on Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:28 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 17, 6, 10, 18

#2 'Reflex Check' : 16, 7, 6, 10
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:39 pm
Round 9:

Ryoichi:

[LT] Finger slice on Cortez
[UT] on Cortez

Cortez:

[HT] on Ryoichi
[LT] on Ryoichi
[UT] on Ryoichi

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Ryoichi Ayugai on Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:39 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 1, 11, 11, 9

#2 'Reflex Check' : 20, 20, 16
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:00 pm
Round 10:

Ryoichi is knocked out and recovers 10% HP

Cortez recovers 10% HP

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:12 pm
Round 11:

Cortez recovers 10% HP

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Ryoichi Ayugai
Ryoichi Ayugai

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:15 pm
Round 12:

Cortez recovers 10% HP

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord