Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsToday at 6:42 pmNoah[Tracker] LysanderYesterday at 1:14 amLysander[Bio] "Long Limbed" LysanderFri May 17, 2024 4:12 pmGray[Claims] Devil Fruit ClaimsFri May 17, 2024 4:08 pmGray[World Event] A Fool's ErrandThu May 16, 2024 6:17 amYumiko[Rolls] Start me up!Thu May 16, 2024 12:02 amRNGesusIntro + question about the Skypiea arc.Mon May 13, 2024 10:31 pmZ_209[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSun May 12, 2024 11:16 pmGray[Episode] The Secret & The Recipe Sun May 12, 2024 11:11 pmGray
Go down
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

1 - [Arc] [St. Poplar Conquest] [Part 1] An Elder's Role: The World's Worst Recruit  - Page 2 Empty Re: [Arc] [St. Poplar Conquest] [Part 1] An Elder's Role: The World's Worst Recruit

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:29 pm
The member 'Castor O. Nox' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 13, 11, 9, 16

--------------------------------

#2 'Reflex Check' : 7, 20, 12, 2

#3 'Reflex Check' : 15, 1, 15, 11, 7, 8
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
1 - [Arc] [St. Poplar Conquest] [Part 1] An Elder's Role: The World's Worst Recruit  - Page 2 G7UGK6I
[tracker=/t980-castor-o-nox#4771]
Name : Castor O. Nox
Epithet : Sanpaku | The Azure Pheasant | Duke Of Lvneel | Saint Nox
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 175lbs
Species : Three-Eye Tribesman
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Blockbuster
Alliance : -
Crew : Nox Pirates
Ship : The Wailing Calamity
Crew Role : Captain | Navigator | Book Collector | Pride Sin
Devil Fruit : Goro Goro no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 620,000,000
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (To all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf); +0.10 (Blockbuster); +0.20 (To all allies)
Shop Discount : -20%
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 96,000,000
Balance : [bel] 2,470,815,020
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[dreamsneverdie]]
[[bookworm]][[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

1 - [Arc] [St. Poplar Conquest] [Part 1] An Elder's Role: The World's Worst Recruit  - Page 2 Empty Re: [Arc] [St. Poplar Conquest] [Part 1] An Elder's Role: The World's Worst Recruit

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:03 pm
Round 6:

Castor O. Nox uses [MT] Divine Wrath on Ensign Sabal
Castor O. Nox uses [LT] Luna Kiss on Ensign Sabal
Castor O. Nox uses [LT] Inazuma  on Ensign Sabal
Castor O. Nox uses UT on Ensign Sabal

Newport uses MT on Ensign Sabal
Jazzy uses MT[Heal] on Castor
Newport uses UT on Ensign Sabal
Jazzy uses UT on Ensign Sabal

Sabal uses AOE on Castor, Newport & Jazzy
Sabal uses UT on Castor,Jazzy, Newport

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Castor O. Nox on Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:03 pm
The member 'Castor O. Nox' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 18, 16, 12, 16

#2 'Reflex Check' : 15, 11, 13, 6

#3 'Reflex Check' : 10, 20, 2, 4
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
1 - [Arc] [St. Poplar Conquest] [Part 1] An Elder's Role: The World's Worst Recruit  - Page 2 G7UGK6I

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:39 pm
1 - [Arc] [St. Poplar Conquest] [Part 1] An Elder's Role: The World's Worst Recruit  - Page 2 B4bcd52f67720f0edc7c598a08b1e863

Sanpaku (산빠쿠)

March 13th, 1829
11:59 Outskirts of St.Poplar Capital
Abandoned Mine Shafts

Thirty minutes out from the arrival of the reinforcements, Castor had already defeated and subdued Ensign Sabal in a few minutes. Frying his body at several points with his high voltage electricity, the undercover marine's disguise disappeared in a cloud of smoke while Sabal swarmed around in the mud screaming in agony.

"Jazzy's abilities faded. I guess broke the conditions by removing my headband earlier." Nox thought to himself as he'd press his wooden sandals into the back of Ensign's shoulder, ceasing his movements.

The pirate was now dressed in his regular kimono wear, his hair which was suppressed by the supernatural properties of Jazzy's make-shift wig, now elongated once again to the nape of his waist. His third eye was slightly disfigured over the left-most eye, unlike traditional members whose own were in the center of the skull.

Squatting to his knees, the horror flick pirate would grip Sabal's skull, lifting him off the ground. After several discharges of electricity, Sabal was rendered unconscious with severe brain damage.

Sending a jolt through Fulton's body, Nox reawoke the pirate and gave him orders to flee the mountain. Instructing him to take a few of the marine recruits as collateral damage, just in case they needed hostages.

Tossing Sabal aside, an intense headache began to pulsate through the man's cranium. A pressure akin to that of a stroke, Nox fell to his knees panting rapidly, clutching his chest as he began flailing for air.

The Witch's Spell had taken effect. Black veins became visible around the man's eyes as well as purplish discolored lips. The man's chest began to burn intensely as if he was suffering from intense acid reflux.

Just like that, thirty minutes had passed. Unaware of the time, too engrossed in pain, Castor O. Nox was found passed out next to the gravely wounded Ensign Sabal.

Lunar Woods | Town Maria

Tossing and turning in her sleep, Minerva relived the hours before Jazzy's betrayal. The coldness in her eyes - something about the woman's pained expression haunted her.

Lunging into an upright position on the bed, Minerva panted frantically covered in sweat. The unknown Mink approached from his position at his desk in the corner, carrying a coconut shell that had been fashioned into a bowl. Pouring a bit of water from his reserve pouches on the shelf, he'd offer the woman a drink.

Gripping her blackened discolored lips along the shell, the woman gulped down the water ravenously. Regaining a bit of her composure, Minerva attempted to stand from underneath the sheets but was forced back into a vertical position by the Mink.

"No way-teia. You're lucky whoever attacked you missed your major organs. Just an inch closer, all of your innards would've been punctured... and I'd be digging a hole out back." The Red Panda Mink explained.

"You need to rest. Not to mention that horrid posion that was surrounding your wounds. You'll be on bed rest for at least the next three days tops." The Mink continued.

"I-I-I need to warn my Captain. About Jazzy... And Juice." Minerva mumbled with what little energy she had.

"Your Captain-teia? Are you a sea fearer?" The Mink inquired.

Breaking away from the Mink's hold, Minerva stumbled across the room, reaching for her parasol, and dashed towards the Cabin's door.

"Wait-" the Mink shouted, frantically rushing to intercept the woman's charge. When Minerva opened the door, the only thing she saw before her feet were branches.

Sighing loudly, "We're almost several hundred feet in the air. This is the largest tree in this forest. That's why I set up my doctor's office here. Minks aren't exactly beloved on this seas-teia." The Red Panda Mink explained.

Passing out once again, The Mink dashed into action catching the woman before she fell through the doorway.

"See. I told you to rest. Atropa belladonna - The Witches Shade. It's one of the most deadly plant-based poisons-teia." The Mink declared. "Seems they diluted it in fingernail polish... A strange choice indeed. With the right dosage... It could kill the average person within days." The Mink concluded.

Nearby, Town Maria | Burning Underground Market

Juice returns from a night of gallivanting to find his storefront in flames. Trying to quell the flames, the Broker Supervisor Stella smoked on a fag to ease her nerves. The veins pulsating in Juice's head already sent off a plethora of nonverbal cues to Stella but before the man could've offloaded his anger on her, Stella rose her hand interjection.

"You left your crewmates here to guard your post and they all were defeated. We only hired you because of your claimed ties to Thunder Ogre. Lady Marvel isn't impressed. Especially after that shit show on Toroa. The circuit is talking Juice. You're losing your touch-" Stella's rant was interrupted by the man outing her cigarette with his bare hands.

Wrapping his hand around the woman's throat and lifting her off the ground, Juice adjusted his sunglasses, unbuttoning the top button of his Hawaiian shirt.

" Enough. Who did this?" Juice inquired.

"H-He goes by the name of Red Devil. That's his broker name!" Stella shouted.

Throwing the woman to the ground, Juice adjusted his sunglasses once more, leaving the burning warehouse to his rear.
"Red Devil huh? That punk from Spider Miles. When I find that prick... I'll punch his scrap-metal ass all over St.Poplar." Juice declared with a menacing tone.

G-43 Base | Jail House
March 14th, 3:00 AM - The Witching Hour

An injured Newport covered in whip marks, lipstick stains, and bruises hung from the prison wall.

Standing in front of his cell, pistol cocked, a familiar face made her presence known.

Tilting his head upwards to make eye contact with his assassin, Newport scowled at the sight before him.

"What are you doing here Miss Courtier?" Newport inquired annoyingly.

"I've come to collect my pound of flesh. Fortunately, you're the one I'll enjoy killing the most." Jazzy declared smirking mischievously, dressed in a black outfit. Gloves, skirt, hunting hat, and power suit jacket in an array of black shades.

"Bwahaha... You can fool anyone else but me. Those aren't the eyes of a killer. They are the eyes of a scared puppy dying to cry out for help-" Newport belted out in response to the woman's chilling remarks, only to be filled with lead.

Three shots from her pistol alerted the guards and left the Vice Captain in critical condition. The bullets were laced with the Witches Touch as well. As Jazzy escaped, the sounds of the woman's humming could've been heard through the barracks.

Play This Song As You Read The Post:

@Roji

Word Count:  8,536

Castor'sTracker

[tracker=/t2320-roji-superior#14003]
Name : Rowan Roji
Epithet : Roji of the Morning Dew | Saint Rowan
Height : 6'2" | 188 cm
Weight : 235 lbs. | 106 kg
Species : Human
World Position : Supernova
Crew Role : Vice Captain | Envy Sin
Bounty : [ber=r] 237,000,000
Quality Score : B
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf)
Shop Discount : -10%
Balance : [ber] 698,067,971
[[hardboiled]]
[[improviseadaptovercome]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:50 am
Roji uses Pine Pressure (HT) on himself
Roji uses Timber Drop on Disgruntled Baker - Hit
Roji uses UT on Disgruntled Baker - Hit - Critical

Disgruntled Baker uses LT on Roji - Miss
Disgruntled Baker uses UT on Roji - Hit

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Roji on Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:50 am
The member 'Roji' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 19, 20

#2 'Reflex Check' : 1, 2, 2, 6
Rowan Roji
Rowan Roji
[[hardboiled]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:02 am
Roji uses Maple Crash (HT) on Disgruntled Baker - Hit
Roji uses Leaf Punch (LT) on Disgruntled Baker - Hit
Roji uses UT on Disgruntled Baker - Hit

Disgruntled Baker uses LT on Roji - Hit
Disgruntled Baker uses LT on Roji - Hit
Disgruntled Baker uses UT on Roji - Miss

Disgruntled Baker is knocked out

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Roji on Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:56 am; edited 3 times in total
RNGesus
RNGesus
RNGesus

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:02 am
The member 'Roji' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 17, 10, 6

#2 'Reflex Check' : 19, 11, 3, 4
Rowan Roji
Rowan Roji
[[hardboiled]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:56 pm
The bakery was in shambles. Tito had tried to keep the damage to a minimum, but with a meathead like Bo present things rarely went according to plan. “Granite Body” Bo was a former marine and current turncoat. Tito did not know what exactly spurred Bo to abandon his ideals and join up with “Loaded” Larry, the captain of the Crazed Keg Pirates. But based on the lack of care Bo now showed for his surroundings Tito knew he was too far gone to rehabilitate.

The game plan of the Crazed Keg Pirates was a simple, yet classic racket. Every couple of months they travel from island to island, scaring local businesses into paying them protection money and pushing back against already established gangs. The main distinction between the pirate crew and the common gang is the complete lack of intelligence and finesse that the crew exhibits. Captain Larry embraces the crew’s reputation and does not attempt to hide his presence for too long after making landfall, announcing his arrival with the explosions of the large barrels the crew keeps on board.

Wanting to know more about why the crew’s behavior was so different, Tito shouted over the brawling. “Bo! What is Loaded’s plan!? Why switch to hitting the bank!? Wh-”

Bo cracked Tito in the jaw with a vicious left hook, the granite-bodied man’s mouth formed a sly smile before he answered the Ensign’s barrage of questions. "Wouldn’t you like to know?”

The simple (and not helpful whatsoever) answer caused Tito to lose his composure just a little bit. An emotionally-charged battle cry was unleashed by the Ensign before he retaliated with a punch of his own. Knowing that he would be angered by his teasing, Bo moved just out of the way, causing Tito’s fist to go right through another portion of the bakeries wall. Adding to the damage.

Snap!

“That’s exactly what I’m talking about!” The old baker shook his fist in the air and tried to get the attention of the two fighters inside what was once his building.

Roji, frustrated from the lack of progress, waved his hand in front of the old codger's face. “Excuse me, Sir. As I have told you I am working with the marine over there.”

The old man looked back over at Roji and took a few deep breaths to calm himself down. “I don’t give a damn who you’re working for! If it doesn’t help restore my bakery I don’t care!”
The bipolar man’s face was now red with anger. Sweat formed and fell down his face at a rapid pace. Roji did not know what to do, usually, he never had to pay or negotiate for anything. He certainly could not afford to compensate the old man for the damages. Suddenly, Roji had an epiphany. Looking at the uniform Tito was wearing gave Roji an idea of who could easily afford to pay for the repairs. “I tell you what After we arrest that fellow over there. We’ll write up a report and the local marine base will foot the bill for you. How’s that sound?

The short, grumpy old man’s eyes lit up. “You really mean that son?” Tears began to form in his eyes as he heard the good news. “Maybe you youngin’s aren’t so-”

Springing to action, Roji pushed the old man out of his seat. Causing both of them to hit the ground. A couple of feet from them was Tito, who, from what Roji could gather, was just thrown by Bo.

Getting a good look at both of them now, Roji could see that they had done quite a number on each other. The two were covered from head to toe in cuts and bruises. Crawling over to Tito, Roji looked down at him. “Are you okay bro? You don’t look too good.”

Tito laughed weakly, coughing up a little blood at the same time. “Feels like I just said that to you. I’ll be fine, but I don’t think I can fight anymore.”

Roji’s heart started to pound faster upon hearing the admission of defeat from his ally. Mustering up the little courage he had, the Envy Sin smiled confidently. “Have no worries, Tito. I’ll beat this guy for you!”

Roji got to his feet and turned towards Bo, who had not moved a muscle since throwing Tito. Roji locked eyes with the pirate and slowly walked over, clenching his fists until his knuckles turned white. Getting into range Roji jumped forward and took out one of his tonfas, aiming for the outlaw's head.

But Roji’s attack didn’t land.

Despite Tito’s declaration that he had lost the encounter, Bo was also no longer able to fight with his injuries. Right as Roji had started his attack, Bo had gone unconscious himself, causing his body to fall backward.

A wave of relief washed over Roji after realizing that the fighting was now over and done with. Running back over to the old timer Roji feared for the worst due to the current lack of sound inside the bakery. His worries were quickly resolved when he realized that the old chef had simply fallen asleep. Now the only one awake on the battlefield, Roji took the transponder snail from Tito’s coat. “Guinness? Tell the guys to head on down to the bakery a little ways away from the produce market. We got one of the Crazed Keg guys down here.”

“Kaccha~”

Placing the snail back where he found it Roji moved towards an untouched corner of the bakery. With his back to the wall, Roji sat down and thought about where his actions were taking him. He didn’t have much of a choice but to go visit G-43. Normally, Roji was not too worried about being discovered by the authorities. As far as he knew, he still had no bounty and was not publicly known to be associated with the Nox Pirates. But for some reason, Roji had a feeling that the marine base would soon know exactly who he is.

But that was a problem for Roji in the future. For now, he only had to sit and wait for the backup to arrive.

Word Count:

@Castor O. Nox

Last edited by Roji on Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:18 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Word Count Correction)
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:10 am
1 - [Arc] [St. Poplar Conquest] [Part 1] An Elder's Role: The World's Worst Recruit  - Page 2 B4bcd52f67720f0edc7c598a08b1e863

Sanpaku (산빠쿠)

St.Poplar Captial Sewers

"Shoo Shoo. Bugger off." Duke declared, scaring off the children and elderly that huddled around the giant tin suit for warmth from the chilly sewers. A small mechanical soldier waddled at his rear, pulling a wheelbarrow filled with barrels of Super Kola.

Unscrewing the back of the tin suit, Duke would empty the barrels of Kola into the hallow canisters containing residuals of trademark soda fuel. Using a pump mechanism, Duke would transfer the fluids from one into another, recharging his tin suit.

The sewer dwellers watched from a distance in awe at the speed to which the man tinkered away at his suit. Hoping into the docking compart, Duke returned to his actual flesh, and after a few more system checks, as the light of the harmful outside world faded, the narcissistic scientist returned to his more chipper personality traits.

"Ahhh~~~ Heaven." Duke declared blissfully. At this stage, the entire sewer community watched on. About thirty to forty vagrants gathered in awe at the seemingly magical powers on display.

The bravest of the group, a young thirteen-year-old with a bratty attitude and a heart of gold approach Red Devil. "Hey. Mister. That suit of yours. It's the closest we've gotten to warmth in years. You seem to be nifty with your hands. Could you build us something to keep us warm in the Winter?" The child inquired.

"Ohoho. Perhaps I could my lad. What's in it for me? Besides, isn't it easier to just be homeless above the surface? Saint Poplar seems like a huge enough island." Duke commented.

Folding his fist in frustration, the kid bit on his bottom lip becoming overwhelmed by emotions.

"We're not living down here by choice! Up there were fugitives! The marines or the nobles... It doesn't matter... We're all suffering from our parent's mistakes!" The boy shouted.

"Mistakes? Fugitives? Sounds like quite a tale." Duke responded, kind of interested in the lad's tale. Reaching into his backpack of supplies which was previously sealed by a magnetic lock, Duke would tinker away at his newest creations for the task Castor had instructed him with.

"Everyone who lives here in the sewers... All of us have family members who used to be connected to the nobility of the former Monarchy.

Once the marines took over, all of our lands were ceased and our family members locked away in that huge ass base they erected!"
The kid explained.

Ceasing his screwing of the bolt in the invention, Duke turned his tin suit head in the direction of the kid for the first time in the conversation. "And? Nobility is a waste of time. Trust me. Been there. Done that. Just a bunch of pricks running around thinking they're more important than they are." Duke retorted.

Kicking the muck beneath his shoes, "Waste of time?! Our ancestors guarded this land for decades! One corrupt King shouldn't be grounds for those idiots in the World Government to decide to invade upon our birthright!" The kid shouted.

Emerging from among the pack, a woman draped in white garb separated herself from the group to rest her hand on the youth's cap. The action calmed him down instantly, "That's enough Mally. An outsider won't understand our struggles." Lady Serpina declared.

Fighting to hold back the tears in his eyes, "Lady Serpina..." The child murmured like an infant who had been accustomed to being coddled in a mother's embrace.

"Stranger. I'd take kindly if you wouldn't pollute the minds of our youth with such negative mindstates." Serpina declared, hugging the child closely.

"Pollute? I think you all have misunderstood my actions. I'm simply working in the most convenient place for my 'work' to come to fruition. I've grown fond of sewers, the perfect place to test out dangerous toxins but I digress. I'm simply offering a rebuttal to the youth as I work.

Whether his or your ego is bruised by a bit of controversial discourse... is your problem.

If you want back your Kingdom and your lands, then take it. Those without power have no right to dream unless their willing to risk it all to obtain it."
Duke concluded.

"We will. The first step will happen in a few moons. Just wait on it." Serpina commented ominously, having plots of her own in place.

"Oh my. Do pray tell?" Duke inquired, steam escaping from the pipe of his suit's head.

Commotion from the streets above disrupted the trio's political debate. Hundreds flooded the concrete roads to witness the spectacle at hand. Being escorted by a party led by the pissed-off Commodore Jimmy, at its center, the notorious Castor O. Nox was being dragged along the ground like a sack of wheat.

Unconscious and chained, the three-eyed pirate was gawked upon by many, and feared by many more. Few had seen an actual three-eyed being before, mostly in story books. A flurry of rotten vegetables was tossed at the slumbering brutes person, the citizens of St.Poplar celebrating at the capture.

However, every marine in the posse couldn't even crack a smile at the time. Their beloved Ensign was in critical condition and many of their newest recruits were either missing or dead.

Within less than twenty-four hours of spotting the Wailing Calamity in their harbor, the G-43 marine base reported the capture of Castor O. Nox of the Nox Pirates on March 14th, 4:30 am. However, the hundreds of actual members of the crew aside from Newport and Castor were not accounted for.

Meanwhile, on Pucci and San Faldo, news of the Pirate Captain's capture spread like wildfire hours later. However, spread amongst the city after disembarking the Sea Train a day earlier, the Nox Pirates integrated themselves into the populace as regular members of society.

The Queen of the Spring festival contestants has been chosen. In less than four days, a new winner shall be crowned, and this year's prize is a political game changer. The winner will garner the right to be the official Mayor of St.Poplar and answer to the World Government and the Marines.

Part One Closes. Fin.

@Roji

Word Count:  9,545

Castor'sTracker

Join Revival Dawn on Discord