Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsToday at 6:42 pmNoah[Tracker] LysanderYesterday at 1:14 amLysander[Bio] "Long Limbed" LysanderFri May 17, 2024 4:12 pmGray[Claims] Devil Fruit ClaimsFri May 17, 2024 4:08 pmGray[World Event] A Fool's ErrandThu May 16, 2024 6:17 amYumiko[Rolls] Start me up!Thu May 16, 2024 12:02 amRNGesusIntro + question about the Skypiea arc.Mon May 13, 2024 10:31 pmZ_209[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSun May 12, 2024 11:16 pmGray[Episode] The Secret & The Recipe Sun May 12, 2024 11:11 pmGray
Go down
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
1 - [Arc] [Part 2] The Grave Robber - Trouble on the Countryside - Page 2 G7UGK6I
[tracker=/t980-castor-o-nox#4771]
Name : Castor O. Nox
Epithet : Sanpaku | The Azure Pheasant | Duke Of Lvneel | Saint Nox
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 175lbs
Species : Three-Eye Tribesman
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Blockbuster
Alliance : -
Crew : Nox Pirates
Ship : The Wailing Calamity
Crew Role : Captain | Navigator | Book Collector | Pride Sin
Devil Fruit : Goro Goro no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 620,000,000
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (To all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf); +0.10 (Blockbuster); +0.20 (To all allies)
Shop Discount : -20%
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 96,000,000
Balance : [bel] 2,470,815,020
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[dreamsneverdie]]
[[bookworm]][[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

1 - [Arc] [Part 2] The Grave Robber - Trouble on the Countryside - Page 2 Empty Re: [Arc] [Part 2] The Grave Robber - Trouble on the Countryside

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:31 am

blur_on

An Oni On Tour

News from the battlefield arrived at the tables of the strategy room with mixed reviews. On one hand, the citizens had been evacuated as planned but on the other, Nox's knights had failed to capture the Oni, with one of them being mortally wounded in the process.

Popping the cork on his gourd, Castor poured himself a generous glass of Sake, as he'd watch the lot of them bicker about their subordinate's failure. Honestly, Nox was impressed, the man had managed to outmaneuver several capable men.

"I think it's more of a testament to the man than incompetence among our people. You, humans, tend to want to place us in this imaginary box of being 'monsters' just because we appear different. However, I bleed just as you do. Albeit, I am superior in many ways." Castor declared, his discourse leaving the old bureaucrats speechless.

"The next Providence is Jewel. It's the final stop before he makes it to the capital. Comments, suggestions, or [ass=Eh? Do you mean inquisitions?]acquisitions[/ass]?" Castor inquired smugly.

"Jewels has one of the largest mercenary parties in all of Lvneel. We can organize to outsource this problem. Take it off our Knights. We've been fighting wars internally and externally even before Lord Nox decided to conquest Lvneel. We all know this." One of the Lord's chime in.

The Lord's comment made many in the room uncomfortable. Especially the older lords who sided with Karl and Stein's regime. "Let's get this straight." Nox started to clear the air. "I didn't seek out Lvneel to be involved with its political affairs.

However, out of respect for my mentors who love this land... I will make it great once more. In the past, this island has been offered to join the great families who helped shape the World Government due to our name alone. For most of history, we've been left in peace.

I'm just restoring that honor."
Castor concluded, pouring himself another drink of Sake.

"I've collected a hefty mountain of chain from the former lord's slush funds. I might as well put some of it to use. Reach out to the Duchess of Jewels and have her take over the pursuit of the Oni. He'll stick out like a sore thumb in a place dubbed the Party City." Castor declared smirking, downing his glass of Sake.

"The mercenaries then my Lord or shall we use the Jewels Knights?" Another ashamed Lord inquired.

"Tell the Duchess that the cost of capturing the Oni, I'm billing any damage that happens in Jewels to her court. That should light a spark beneath her. It won't stick if she pursues to query it among the court but it's a long time before our next meeting. Gashi Gashi... She'll find the most cost-effective way if it's on her doorstep to pay for." Nox concluded, chuckling slightly in between his rationale.

Bells rung throughout the capital at the return of Sir Bearington and his party. However, the somber looks on the Knights' faces told the tale of the information that was about to be conveyed.

Jewel | Sapphire City - Border City

The land of pizzazz and flair, Jewels was certainly for the high rollers. After the Civil War, many of the old lords and madams who had accumulated a small fortune untouchable by Castor's slush fund reform sought refuge in the Providence connected to his form Vice Captain, Dax.

All the architecture in jewels was filled with rare stones correlating to the respective namesake of the town. The offwhite buildings crusted in sapphires were a common design within the city, of course, most of the stones were mock stones for aesthetic purposes but the tourists didn't need to know that.

The cities with Jewels smelt like money and once that was the standard, Berri attracts Berri. A few high rollers from Flevance and Notice occasionally visit for the various nefarious 'economies' that nestle behind the shiny building walls.

"Nox has to be out of his mind. Of course, that wen- I mean, the Queen would approve such a tedious task. Jewels already pay the highest tax rate of all the Providences." The Duchess of Jewels commented, slamming her hand in frustration against the table at the mailed royal decree.

Modernized with the latest in communication tech, The Duchess dialed her Snail Phone to contact the local mercenary party she trusted the most.

"Luccia. Can I trust you to handle something for me?" The Dutchess inquired, overlooking the city from her penthouse suite office space.

Currently being massaged by a cavalcade of beautiful ladies, the female Kuja Assassin, Luccia responded, having the snail phone pressed against her ear. Standing at around eleven feet herself, the woman wasn't small by any means.

"If it's coming from you. It must be urgent. Does this have to do with the nobles Oni problem? If so, it'll cost you extra." Luccia stated smiling broadly, as she'd chew on her bubblegum. Sighing, "I see information doesn't slip your ears. I'll pay whatever if you can bring him in deceased." The Duchess declared.

"[ass=Your lack of proofreading really does hold you back a good amount.]Ohoho. My favorite kind of man is next to a rich one. Gotcha yourself a deal boss lady.[/ass]" Luccia agreed hanging up the transponder phone. Standing up from her position on the lavender lounge chair, the giant of a woman ordered her ladies to get their coats and weapons ready.

Grabbing a large metallic mace, the woman rested her bludgeon weapon on her shoulder, "Alright ladies. It's time to catch us an Oni." Luccia declared, letting out a wicked howl.

Word Count: 2,977

| Tagged: @Doji

Notes: N/A

1 - [Arc] [Part 2] The Grave Robber - Trouble on the Countryside - Page 2 Empty Re: [Arc] [Part 2] The Grave Robber - Trouble on the Countryside

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:01 pm
After hours of mucky and arduous travel Doji finally made his way out of the marshes of Aube, despite his injuries he strode along the road towards Jewel’s border city at a rapid pace. Nightfall had come, and the chirping of crickets chimed from the bountiful province’s lush and verdant grass. The giant oni had been burned, stabbed, shot, and swamped, but he survived; hopefully, Jewel wouldn’t put up similarly fierce resistance.

From the heights of their den at the top of the towering Zénith de Saphir Luccia’s assassins, a group known as Les Dames Terribles, shifted into action; the Kuja woman and her four best killers equipped themselves with before filtering down to the building’s ground floor. The group of muscular and eclectic women cut an imposing silhouette against the bright and sparkling city of Sapphire’s streets.

The group quickly set out on the path leading towards Aube, a number pf provincials had seen the creature traveling this main road, and thus the Duchess had afforded her assassins several “amenities” along the path. Two wagons full of the tools that the women had asked for, and a staged camp for Luccia to oversee her ladies’ work.

It was not long before the blundering troll poked his red hair and horns over a nearby hillside. The huntresses looked out towards the creature excitedly, each eager to prove themselves and revel in the spoils of the bounty they intended to collect. Luccia had instructed each of the women to work in pairs, and then to regroup if their initial plans didn’t yield results.

Luccia giggled, her eyes widening with venomous intent as she laid eyes on the target. “Bisa-sa-sa!” Her bubbled gum blew larger and larger as she exhaled her laughter into it. “Bridgitte, Marcy, why don’t you lead things off for us dearies?” The tall woman leaned over and smiled proudly to her subordinates, in her eyes most any member of Les Dames Terribles was likely more than the monster’s match.

The burly, blonde, and broad-chested Bridgitte cracked her knuckles, she had wrestled bears before; but hadn’t had much practice with “giants” outside her bouts with the towering Luccia. If the incoming creature’s lankiness was anything to go off of she’d have more than a fighting chance.

Marcy was a little lady who loved and studied poisons with a passion. Though her stature was tiny compared to the other tall and muscular women of the group, the dusky-skinned woman’s intelligence and study of virulents made her an indispensable asset. As Bridgitte began stretching and readying herself for their assault the little assassin fetched a large sack of caltrops from one of the wagons.

“Ever taken down something like that?” Bridgitte asked her petit compatriot, sizing Doji up, she was obviously intimidated by the monster’s massive frame.

“I haven’t,” Marcy answered matter of factly, “However, I suspect I’ve come up with something that should do the trick,” A wicked grin stretched across her face.

Bridgitte’s ally was starting to excite her and scare her. “What do you have in mind?”

“Poi-sho-sho-shi!” The poisoner giggled. “Some horse tranquilizer…” She seemed giddy at the simplicity of her solution. “... and a bit of toad venom! Shi-shi-shi!” Marcy snickered menacingly as the two began walking the path down towards their target.

Doji had begun whimsically skipping and scampering along the cobbled road up to Sapphire, the sensation of the firm brick beneath his feet was a welcome reprieve from the uncertain ground of Aube.

The two women approached silently, the cover of night working in their favor as it often did. There’s no way it’ll see us coming. Marcy thought.

And the boy certainly didn’t see the assassins coming, how curious; he was however, quick to feel Bridgitte's heavy footsteps shake the earth as the two drew near.

“[ass=What made him realize the passer-by was a woman?]Hello, ma’am[/ass]!” The boy greeted the woman who had approached him so fearlessly, evidently missing the impact of Marcy’s lighter and more precise footsteps, “Could I ask you, am I headed the right way up to Jewel?”

The assassins did not respond. Marcy readied a syringe, and the hulking woman picked up her smaller ally in a single hand.

“Ma’am?” the oni inquired, confused as to why she was ignoring him.

As the monstrous traveler blabbered the burly Bridgitte hurled little Marcy towards him. The poisoner held her needle like a dagger as she flew toward the creature’s chest.

Doji felt the little woman hurtling through the wind just too late; with a swift motion, Marcy drove her payload into one of the oni’s major arteries. The tranquilizer was delivered. As the beast swatted for her, the pint-sized assassin lept back from his shoulder and scattered her toad-poisoned caltrops all across the cobble and surrounding grass.

“Yugh…” Doji’s vision had already started blurring, “... what did you do to me? Who are you?”

“Poi-shi-shi!” Marcy cackled madly, “Don’t worry about it too much, big fella…” The short mad woman cooed with a creepy sharpness, “...soon you’ll go to sleep, we’ll slit yer throat, and the nightmare will be over.”

The veins in Doji’s forehead and around his eyes bulged in fury as he understood what was going on. Hired killers were here for his head.

“The nightmare? Is that what you think of my life?” He fell to his hands and spoke through gritted teeth as he clung to consciousness.

“Whatever sick ambitions drove you to this land, they were the waking nightmare of your life, and now they’ll be the making of your deathbed!” Marcy spoke back callously, watching her poison take effect, and grinning as the creature attempted to claw its way towards her, slamming its hand down onto a pile of poison-laden caltrops.

“Ya…” Doji inhaled sharply the toad venom shot through his veins like a rush of adrenaline, “...HOO!” The giant oni shot back to its full height, throwing its arms up seemingly involuntarily, “Yo-ka-ka-ka-iii!” the monster cackled uproariously before speaking back to Marcy, “What a cruel little thing you are!”

A storm brewed within the rōnin’s pale and cloudy blue eyes, his fury washing across the field. His hair hung, flowing downwards like a waterfall of blood; from the shadow cast across his face a single evil-eye almost seemed to fixate itself down on the girls.

“To cull my dream like a deformed calf?” The rōnin oni drew his swords with a clumsy and uncontrolled motion. “So what if it is a nightmare?! This life is mine to live!” Now hallucinating the teenager lost all semblance of volume control, and thus his proclamation boomed across the hills leading up to Sapphire.

[ass=Good to see you building on top of this moral conflict!]Echoes of Stein’s poisonous gloating rang throughout Doji’s mind[/ass], Marcy’s toxic delight would bring a smile to that shadowy demon’s cold black heart. Tenebrous images of human-like silhouettes seemed to form before the creature’s vacant eyes; this venom had stimulated the blind oni’s visual centers, a new sensation that was utterly bizarre to him.

Though Bridgitte and Marcy tried their hardest to salvage their scheme the monster had not reacted to the poisoner’s mixture as she had expected. Any normal beast should have fallen into an incubus dream and begun to seize to death; this monstrous prey simply twitched as it rampaged deeper and deeper into its psychosis. There was no way the two assassins could stop Doji on their own.

“Bi-sa-sa! Look at ‘im go!” Luccia cackled in amusement with the modest fruits of her girls’ efforts, “That thing must be out of its fucking mind right now.”

It was true, Doji was out of his fucking mind right now.

The oni's ambitions wound in his mind's eye like the serpentine back of a dragon. Could he be the swordsman that his mother had dreamed of creating? Or was he fated to be no better than a wild beast?

The Kuja leader of the assassins popped another piece of gum into her mouth as she looked down towards the rampaging oni throwing himself about in dizzy circles with his swords. As she thought of her next course of action she blew a bubble until it popped.

“Got it!” The tall and statuesque woman wiped the pink bubble gum from her rosy lips, “Alright, you two. I think most of what you had in mind should still work.”

Luccia and her two undeployed allies huddled a moment before the three excitedly agreed. The amazonian kissed one of her allies on the forehead and patted the other encouragingly on the back. Though she was a young woman the Kuja always had a habit of behaving like a weird old Aunt.

Now it was Shi and Lucrezia’s turn to take their shot at the giant, delusional, and berserk monster. If toxins and fists weren’t enough to get the job done then perhaps it was time to give trapping and firearms their shot.

Shi was the member of the Dames most notable for her accuracy with a pistol. A tall, quiet, and raven-haired woman Shi was the picture of graceful beauty and had only been led to the industry of assassination by a stroke of familial misfortune. She never seemed to take joy in her work, she had seemed excited for this mission though; at least until she’d been paired up with her partner…

… Lucrezia served her role in the group as a trapper, adept in the construction and deployment of hunting and booby traps of all kinds. Her busty, slender, and elongated figure allowed the curly-haired lady to surveil the mayhem that her trickery could wreak upon her prey. The trapper was known as one of the most sadistic members of the company, perhaps second only to Luccia. By all accounts she was a bit annoying.

“Lalala~” Lucrezia sang a little melody to herself as she fetched rope, bear traps, and barrels of ball bearings from the wagons, “How exciting it must be down there! Those two are so lucky! I can’t believe mistress Luccia sent them down first.” The bizarre and buxom belle pouted to herself as she readied her offensive.

Shi looked back at her partner with a confused glare. The Dames as a whole was largely split between two contingencies:
Professional women who were forced into this line of work.
And wanton psychopathic sadists who used their job to express their dark fantasies.

Lucrezia fell into the latter camp. The exasperated Shi followed just behind the skipping and singing Lucrezia, following the madwoman to the fringes of the monster’s area of influence. “Think you can get a clear shot down there, Shi?” The curly-haired lady gestured down to a nearby dip in the hillside.

“I’d reckon so,” The professional lady spoke with an odd grit to her tone.

“Ladidadidaha,” Lucrezia giggled, “Pardon me then mister sheriff!” The woman winked to her companion before prancing into the field like a demonic doe. Here she began laying her bear traps, weaving netting, and soaking the area in oil.

Shi aimed her pistol down at her oblivious colleague before miming a shot, “Bang. All it would take.”

Once Lucrezia finished her trapping she called over to Marcy and Bridgitte who had thus far been able to avoid the brunt of the blind giant’s wrath. “Yoohoo! Hey girls I don’t suppose you’d be willing to let us give it a go would ya?”

The assassins quickly darted back towards their allies. Marcy, a kindred spirit to Lucrezia, was intrigued by what the trapper had in store for the beast, “Damn those are some big bear traps, Lucy.”

“Ladidi! Don’y make me blush Marcy!” The busty and curly-haired damsel looked down fawning at her small companion’s compliment. “They’re sharp too! I wonder if they’ll cleave his leg right off?” A malicious smile washed across Lucrezia’s face.

“Oh, giant boy!” The trapper called down the hillside to the hallucinating Doji, “We’re all up here! Plotting your demise!” She spoke her threatening words with a sing-song voice that made them sound almost friendly, if not for their overt saccharine sting.

While most people found Lucrezia’s voice coarse and grating, within his delusions her tone sounded pleasant and inviting. “Oh! Yo! Let me help!” The adrenaline had equalized within the oni’s veins, for the time being at least; he was now only subject to the euphoric delusional effects of the tranquilizer.

The giant scurried nimbly up to the hill just above clambering his way forwards and keeping his balance by hooking the ground below.

Snaps rang across the field as Lucrezia’s bear traps clamped onto Doji’s swords. The trap assassin’s teeth seemed sharp, her eyes white with rage at the failure of her weapons.

“Ladideeek! What’s wrong with you?!” The ostensibly proper lady feigned at fainting before snapping back into her vitriol, “My pretty little snap jaws were supposed to tear your legs clean off you piece of shit!” Lucrezia rarely used vulgar language, but when enraged there was little she would not resort to.

“Ugh, what’s wrong with me?...” The night that Stein deceived Doji into helping him assassinate Leonidas hung heavy in the giant’s delirious mind, “...what’s wrong with you?!” The brobdingnagian lazily swung one of his swords, more like a mace with the newfound attachment, down towards the crowd of dames.

Shi fired her shot towards the creature as it attacked, Bridgitte and Lucrezia attempted to pull the monster into the net that the trapper had set. Perhaps all would have gone to plan if the creature’s movements weren’t so violent and erratic.

Shi’s bullet shot past Doji’s ear, and through his flowing hair as he stumbled and scrambled up the hillside. Luccia looked down astonishedly towards the mammoth’s trampling beeline, in mere moments he was upon her, wrecking the wagons and campsite in its wake. The Kuja woman didn’t often have to look up to the targets of her assassinations.

“Biya! Where do you think you’re going, tough guy?” Luccia shouted as the monster charged past. The swift assassin leaped into the air, ready to bring her mace down on the oni’s skull, she was just too slow as the creature’s long legs carried it further and further out of her reach.

“I’m gonna get in there n' take the Jewel!” Doji shouted incoherently back over his shoulder.

Lustrous Rubies, Sparkling Emeralds, Glimmering Diamonds, Twinkling Sapphires, visages of these gems swirled in the oni’s mind as he crashed through the city’s gates.

Luccia roared in frustration as she chased after the creature and onto Sapphire's beautiful city streets. “We'll see about that buddy! You're already a dead man!"

Post Word Count: 2,414
Total Word Count: 12,956

Last edited by Gray on Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:37 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Formatting)
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
1 - [Arc] [Part 2] The Grave Robber - Trouble on the Countryside - Page 2 G7UGK6I

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:15 pm

blur_on

An Oni On Tour

Flevance - Cathedral

As Leonidas patrolled the area, he'd make sure that the other knights hadn't fallen asleep on duty, as he knew how brutal consecutive hours running security was like. After shaking awake one of the squires whose drool was contributing to watering the local flora in the forest, the guard jumped to attention at the sight of the Captain Commanders' face.

"S-S-Sir!" The young squire yelped.

"Taking a break I see," Leonidas stated, hovering over the recruitee menacingly.

"N-No... I mean, yes sir." The squire declared, unable to wiggle his way out of the situation. Wiping the drool from his mouth, "I just don't understand... Why are we out here guarding Mistress Jules's remains? Who wants to steal corpses?" The squire inquired with a slight shudder.

"The man pursuing them isn't a normal man. Jules was the olive branch between Flevance and Lvneel. For years, our countries had been at war with each other. What made her unique was her undying 'Will'. That spark brought about a change in both our Kingdoms' psychology.

Stein possesses the ability to 'animate' corpses as soldiers for his purposes. If he gets his hands on Seiryu and Jules's bodies... The results would be... Terrifying to say the least."
Leonidas explained, sending thrills down the rookie's spine.

"Stein. He's the former Lord of Lvneel's Musspell right? I've seen him once or twice at the last conference among the North Blue nations." The squire declared, scratching his arm as a nervous tell.

"Well. Musspell is an old name now but yes. Stein appeared out of nowhere in the care of the former rulers of that land... A family known as the Fiore. Their family was second to the Montblanc's. They used to rule over the old Jotun and Musspell, which was combined to from Aube." Leonidas explained.

"Ha. You seem to know quite a bit about Lvneel my Lord." The squire inquired with a slight squint in his eyes, he'd already known why the Lord was knowledgeable but he wanted to see the Great Knight's famed blush.

Clearing his throat nervously, and with his face redding to that of a cherry tomato's shade, the mighty knight declared, "Ah. W-Well my wife is from Lvneel. I met her years ago... She was a nurse in the medical unit that served under Lord Jules." Leonidas exclaimed, continuing to cough several times in embarrassment.

"A Knight and the enemy nurse falling in love. Sounds like the rumblings of a spicy romance novel in the making." A woman's voice echoed from the distance.

Instantly falling to his knees, the Squire followed immediately after recognizing who garnered such holy reverence.

"My Queen! What brings you so far out of the castle?! Where is your private guard?" Leonidas inquired, simply concerned for the Queen's safety.

"I managed to ditch them for a bit but I'm in your hands temporarily Sir Leonidas. You should tell Shirley she must come by the castle for tea sometime again. The Court Ladies love her so." [dass]The Queen of Flevance announced with a haughty laugh, taking pleasure at the squirming knight's response whenever his wife was mentioned[cmt]I think I've mentioned this before, but it's not a good idea to go making up characters as important as the royalty for turfs that you don't intend on conquering anytime soon, if at all. Doubly so if you haven't consulted me on it. As soon as you start making up royalty for turfs, you're basically canonizing important history and lore.

But, not only did you devise lore for an island that you're not conquering, but you also failed to take into account the lore that already exists for this island. As I mentioned in an earlier comment, at the time of this scene, the king of Flevance (presumably the queen's husband), has been abducted by the Feral Pirates. Her attitude and behaviour do not reflect that whatsoever.[/cmt][/dass].

The Queen quite enjoyed teasing her subjects with things that made them uncomfortable.

"I-I shall Mi Lady. You're too kind." Leonidas responded swiftly and without delay. "I'm sure she'd be delighted to hear the news," Leonidas concluded with a slight grin.

"It must be tough with a newborn at home. Be sure to treat her sometimes- Relationships can only grow through unique encounters." The Queen continued to tease Leonidas.

"Of course! We go on a picnic at the end of every month-" Leonidas announced with a sense of pride and chivalry that made even the Queen swoon a bit before breaking out into laughter.

"Relax Sir Leonidas. I know all too well how fond of your wife you are. I took my jests too far. Please forgive me. I just love to see how you dote on her and the babe." The Queen declared cheerfully.

His face turning pink-red this time, the Knight simply nodded his head to concur, too shame to show her his face. Instantly, the mood around the Queen shifted as she leaned in to whisper to Leonidas's ear.

"I had a premonition dream. Someone of importance will die tonight in our kingdom. I highly doubt it's you but in the event your life's endangered... I came here to tell you to protect your life. I, no, We the people of Flevance need your leadership and wisdom, Sir Leonidas." The Queen pleaded.

The look of shock on Leonidas's face told the story of how accurate the Queen's visions have been in the past. Legend has it the power of foresight had been passed down to the exceptional leaders of her family's seed.

"I shall be as careful as I can my Queen. I appreciate the value you and the Crown place in me." Leonidas declared with a louder tone and a sense of pride.

Present Time | Flevance Castle | Throneroom

The entire court and infantry cry in the capital over the death of the Holy Knight. Sitting on her throne, the Queen fought hard to suppress her emotions.

"Send word to Flevance. Alert them of Lord Leonidas' death! Tell Queen Annabelle and Duke Nox I request that Oni be captured alive and turned over to us... To avenge the injustice that is Sir Leonidas' untimely passing!" The Queen declared with undisputed sovereignty.

Meanwhile, in the Capital of Rose, Sir Bearington returns bearing both the news of Jules's remains and the proclamation of the Queen.

Word Count: 3,896

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:42 pm

Province of Jewel- City of Sapphire

Doji met little opposition upon entering the gates of Sapphire; most of the knights of the province were redirected towards the hunting effort, and thus little protection remained for the Duchess’ cities. It was a clever ploy by the crown to police the lesser noble’s impropriety at the war meeting and her suspected treachery.

Luccia and her assassins were quick to regroup after their opening gambit and begin pursuing the monster into the city. Marcy scrambled up to the front of the group, leading the chase; despite her short legs the little lady was the nimblest of the group.

“Ugh. I was hoping it wouldn’t come to this,” the towering Kuja spoke back to her posse as the women sprinted down the city streets towards the rampaging giant. “Marcy, have you been holding out on us?”

“I certainly wasn’t thinking of it like that,” The short woman shot an irritated glance up at her boss, “Did you want me to just jam him with every expensive poison I had?”

Luccia looked back expectantly before shrugging her shoulders. “Was that toad venom cheap?”

“Poi-shi-shi!” The little lady giggled as she replied, “Some party boy just gave it to me so I don’t know!” Marcy threw her hands into the air and flippantly shrugged her shoulders back at Luccia.

“Yeah, you're big on parties, Mars?” Luccia teased her nerdy compatriot.

“What just cause I’m smart? I’ll have you know that I have a rich and fulfilling personal life,” Marcy broke out into a full sprint towards the giant, the red-haired oni had started rollicking through a gathering of street-food carts, “Listen Lucc, drugs are just another type of poison…” As she charged for Doji the pint-sized assassin drew a fist full of small syringes from the inside of her cloak, “...Plus! What’s the point in doin’ all this if we don’t get a little cut of the high life? You don’t hear me bothering you about all your lady servants eh?”

Luccia looked flustered as her ally went on the offensive.

The sounds and smells of the district spirited Doji away from his darker hallucinations and conjured forth a whimsical dreamscape within his mind: stout toadlike men scurried around, frying and stewing salivating dishes, pigs gorged at the feast that was presented to them, the shadowy figures that plagued the oni’s mind donned masks and seemed to taunt him from within the cornucopia.

I’m gonna eat it all, the yokai thought, his stomach growling like a ravenous jackal.

Commonfolk fled from the rampaging monster as it sniffed out and gobbled up fluffy crêpes, succulent soups, glistening fries, bitter chocolates, and the country’s signature [ass=I like this nod to the Montblancs.]candied chestnuts[/ass]. To the street’s chef, this insatiable incubus was nightmare incarnate, to Marcy the gorging beast presented a perfect opportunity.

Or so it seemed. Marcy lept atop the giant’s back, and as Doji chewed and chowed down his neck tensed, providing just enough muscular resistance to prevent the woman from driving her syringes into the creature’s thick hide, “You thick piece of shit!” The furious nerd snarled down at her prey.

One of Marcy’s needles had snapped, pairing well with her fraying psyche. The thin needle of the nerd’s prized syringe, filled with the castor oil derivative ricin, had shattered against the creature’s neck. As the oblivious giant crawled through the streets shoveling food into his mouth, Marcy snapped needle after needle. Of course, these mini-disposable syringes were too good to be true; that stuporous jackass at the party had conned her!

As Marcy’s last needle snapped so too did she, Am I not good enough? The young lady had staken much of her self-worth on her superior intellect and ability, “How dare you! You impossible fucking thing! You fucking fairytale! I’ll fucking end you right here!” The tiny woman roared as she grabbed Doji’s neck and began strangling him.

Doji stood up and gulped down the last of his food before turning his head back, swatting Marcy off of himself with his left horn. The fall from the giant oni’s full height was a substantial one for the small woman, who in her distress, was unable break her fall. Marcy’s eyes went white as she thudded to the ground unconscious.

“Yeukh. Crazy little witch, there’s plenty of food for both of us,” the hallucinating creature spoke down to Marcy with an illucid and irritated expression. Within the depths of his dreams, Doji perceived Marcy as an acupuncturist sorceress from the depths of his stupor.

“Marcy!” Luccia cried from amongst the fleeing crowds. The assassins narrowly prevented their ally from being trampled to death as the huge blundering boy rampaged through Sapphire, and out towards one of Jewel’ other settlements.

Province of Jewel- City of Ruby: War

The city of Ruby stood proudly, dividing the fringes of Jewel from its center. Though the city’s fortifications were modest, its population consisted of Jewel’s craftiest gold and silver smiths. During the nighttime, the embers of the city’s forges caused it to glint red and orange like the gem of its namesake.

The giant oni had tripped across the countryside for days, losing himself amongst Jewel’s glistening wilds and pleasant townships, and being chased further and further into the province. Luccia and her assassins had been able to distantly tail their roving target, getting lost as often as he did in their attempts to follow after the blind creature.

By the time Doji reached the simple iron gates of Ruby, he looked scraggly and weathered by his psychedelic wanderings. A stout but powerfully built goldsmith was enjoying an evening walk about town, bidding good evening to the smithies finishing the last of their evening’s labor. “Hello Lucas, I see the Duke's coronet is coming along rather nicely! Those spinels are captivating.”

“You’re too kind Bryce. What…” the smith’s thoughts were interrupted, and his eyes widened as he saw the creature looming above, “... the hell is that?!”

Bryce whipped his head back to look at the monster. His eyes bulged out of his head as he and his fellow jewelry smith let out terrified screams.

“Is there war here?”

Just recently there had been, one that had brought tragedy to both men’s homes. The inebriated giant was merely mistaking the sounds of smithing for those of battle and was thus oblivious to the suffering that his question seemed to cause in the two scared men.

“Is that what you are?” Bryce spoke solemnly, choking down his fear. “Some specter of war?”

Though the insolent and intoxicated imp’s first impulse was to deny this insinuation, the idea sat with him, mutating and percolating within the recesses of his turbulent consciousness. Is that what it meant to be a warrior?

“Maybe. But not the one that haunts your lands,” in the distance lightning crackled in the sky.

“Why did you come here, monstrous one?” It was rare that a man was insightful enough to question the creature’s motives; more often assumptions were made, and conflict built upon them.

“I came here looking for my mentor,” he thought back to his mother, who had trained him to this point, “I’ve never met him. I think he’s dead.”

“How can a man you’ve never met be your mentor?” Bryce inquired.

Doji struggled to remain lucid, rubbing his temples in an attempt to sober up more. “He’s…” Amongst his stupor, the oni struggled even to describe his dream. Perhaps it was not even his dream that he was following, “... he’s the reason I came to be.”

Indeed. It was Mishima’s swordsmanship that had been handed down through the generations and tempered by Hanako’s ruthless training that had allowed the blind troll to bud into a swordsman in the first place.

“Your father?”

“Yo-ka!” Doji chuckled, “Doubtful! He’s an ordinary man just like you!” The creature jovially gestured with a pointed finger.

“Oh, and to answer your question…” The giant oni shot a friendly smirk down towards [dass]Pierre and Bryce[cmt]Who's Pierre? Wasn't it Lucas and Bryce? I'm confused.[/cmt][/dass], “…[ass=I see what you did there.]I’m no specter[/ass].” The heavens laughed at the irony of the crossbred-oni’s phrasing, “I’m all flesh and bone! Down to the heart! Yahoo!” The creature thumped its chest braggadociously.

The three laughed amongst themselves like old friends for a couple of minutes before the peculiar creature lurched over to the city’s cemetery, kicked off his shoes, read the tombstone’s inscriptions with his fingers, and left.

A little while later…

Just before Bryce set off to make his way back to his cottage for the evening, he was surprised and elated at the sight of his daughter.

“Bridgitte!” The goldsmith called over to his daughter and her fellow traveling companions, “Come over here! Lucas and I just met the most bizarre person!”

Bridgitte looked to Luccia, Lucrezia, and Shi before the four hesitantly approached the smithy’s porch. All the ladies except Bridgitte were nearly silent during the conversation between father and daughter, making simple introductions, and only replying when spoken to in passing.

“It’s been months sweetheart!” The short man hugged his tall daughter. “I wish you’d told me you were coming back home! I’d have wrangled up some of your mom’s cookbooks and made dinner!”

The two looked solemn at the mention of Bridgitte’s mother. Anne-Josèphe Méricourt had been a valiant opponent to the invaders of Lvneel before she met her end in battle.

“Don’t worry about it, dad,” the assassin held back tears as she spoke, “Seems like you two have been having a fun night.”

Bryce accepted his daughter’s offer not to dwell on the past, “Good god hon you should have seen this thing that just rolled through town.”

Luccia and Bridgitte raised their eyebrows.

“I thought it was gonna kill us,” Lucas muttered with an amused tune.

“Yes, I suppose it was a giant oni,” the goldsmith had heard tales of many tribes of people from his late wife, “Though what a ghastly sight to behold, I took him for a spirit at first.”

An awkward pause passed as the assassins held their composure.

“Nice enough fella I suppose,” Lucas chuckled at his peer’s naivete.

Luccia abruptly broke away from the conversation and began walking towards the far edge of town. Shi and Lucrezia quickly followed, leaving Bridgitte stuck with her confused father.

“I’ll meet up with you later!” Bridgitte called before turning back to her father. However that night Bridgitte would spend the night at her father’s cottage, wishing to keep the lonely aging man company.

The assassins chased after their bounty without hesitation.

“Wanna bet whether or not she’ll catch back up?” Luccia remarked snarkily.

Shi grimaced with a bit of amusement. Her mind was on something else.

“Oh, so cruel Luccia!” The gentlewoman trapper remarked with a bit of elation. “I hope the damn thing hasn’t gotten itself too lost,” Lucrezia was tired of chasing this beast through the lush forests of Jewel.

“I doubt it,” The group chased down the road leading out of town, “Even if this guy is headed for Diamond he’ll have to pass by Emerald, and I doubt he’ll be able to get himself lost out there.”

Indeed the rolling green fields of the province’s center would be difficult for anybody to get lost in. These plains would be an easy landscape to spot a giant along, and with a bit of good fortune, they could serve the assassins well as a staging ground.

Province of Jewel- Edge of the City Emerald

The beautiful expanse of Emerald, a city on the hill, the bastion that overlooked the sprawling fields surrounding Jewel’s capital city of Diamond. Emerald was the second most wealthy of Jewel’s cities, and had the infrastructure to prove it; the city’s towering walls and concrete aqueducts marked it as an impenetrable fortress for would-be invaders.

Doji, stumbling upon the city’s walls, picked up a rock and tossed it high against the wall.

A lone crack against the city’s pristine walls echoed out along the lush grasslands. The stone thudded pitifully to the ground. Doji stood in silence for a moment with an exhausted and frustrated expression on his face.

“Fuck!”

The monster’s exclamation rang out across the rolling fields and up to one of the city’s few active guardsmen patrolling the wall at the time.

[npc=misc]“Hey! You’re that monster! Fuck you buddy!”[/npc] The guard called down with impunity from atop his ivory tower, firing his crossbow down towards the oni.

Doji disgruntledly walked away from the wall as the bolt’s end sank into the ground nearby.

[npc=misc]“That’s right! Walk away!”[/npc] The guard taunted.

The boy shot a nasty expression back towards the man, snarling and furrowing his brow like a fledgling drake.

[npc=misc]“Bahaha! Am I supposed to be scared a’ that?”[/npc]

You would be if you came down from there. Doji thought to himself, dismissing the petty man and walking back towards the brick road he had broken from. He figured he’d get himself to Diamond, then be on to Nilf or the capital. This countryside had proved vexing and resilient in the face of the giants trifling.

The jaws of the bear trap snapped with mechanical swiftness, the interceptor was just fast enough to keep his leg.

“Ladidaha!” Lucrezia giggled gleefully as Doji attempted to pull the teeth of her trap out of his leg. “What a remarkable specimen you are!” The belle smiled cruelly, tenting her finger against a length of string attached to her pièce de résistance.

What a cruel mechanism the curly-haired woman had designed, the small mechanical box sat in the middle of the road, a pull-string running to its operator. Within the box’s recesses had been stashed a length of razor wire, shrapnel, and high explosives ready to detonate and rip a target to shreds.

The red-haired giant would be ripped apart, as though run through a blender, “Goodbye monster! Just like a beast! No matter how much you struggle, the huntress always wins!”

At least he would have been if a traitor hadn’t been amongst the assassin’s midsts. Shi couldn’t stand this bitch. Her shot punctuated Lucrezia’s monologuing perfectly, piercing the cruel dame through her chest.

“Oh god, not you guys again,” Doji spoke through gritted teeth, snapping the trap biting at his leg into pieces.

“Shi! What are you doing?” Luccia shouted at the demure apostate.

“I can’t stand this…” Shi spoke with a deathly calm,  “...all of these wanton psychopaths. These aren’t the people you hire for this sort of professional work Luccia.” The slender woman looked up towards Doji.

“This thing is no more wicked than I.”

Luccia looked astonished at her comrade’s betrayal and sympathy for the enemy.

“Only possessed of different circumstances.”

Luccia swung her morningstar down at her betrayer, missing by inches as the agile woman dashed away.

“Well, while you three settle this, I’m going to be on my way,” Doji spoke nonchalantly as Lucrezia clung to life.The giant began longstriding away as Luccia chased after the fleeing Shi.

Shortly after, in the City of Emerald

Within the agricultural and consumeristic splendor of Emerald needs and wants of the citizenry always seemed within reach, it was always safe here, almost like a little utopia.

If only things were so perfect. The black markets of Emerald were churning with gold, berri, and exotic goods, much of which was supplied by the pirate ally of Jewel’s royalty. That’s what the investigator had come to this country for, Shi sought the woman who had killed her father, the executioner Henrietta Sanson.

It seems the man had departed, called to the country’s capital city according to the letter sat upon his desk. Shi headed for Rose immediately, stealing a fine horse from one of the city’s stables.

Province of Jewel- City of Diamond

“Puru-puru-puru,” Luccia’s transponder, a fashionable and bubblegum-chewing snail, purred. The Kuja woman answered dutifully.

“Hello Duchess, I have no good news. There have been complications.”

“It seems the creature’s capabilities may be less than we anticipated. It wrecked some street vendors in Sapphire, but its rampage has been nothing compared to what it was able to accomplish against the yokels of Aube,” The composed Duchess spoke coldly and with a biting tone to her voice, “It may prove less costly to repair the street than to pay some exorbitant bounty on the thing’s head.”

After all this effort, the injury of her elites, and the treachery of Shi; now her pay was at risk?

“So you would gain no benefit from taking the creature in?” Luccia’s lips curled into a cunning smirk, “No use for a Royal Knight? It could work well as an olive branch to make amends with the queen you’ve spurned.”

“Hmm...” The prideful Duchess pondered from the depths of her chambers. “...and who would I promote amongst these brats?” She thought rather lowly of her knights.

“Perhaps I could help you,” Luccia had a terrible plan.

“What do you mean?” The duchess inquired with a confused, but interested tone.

“If we can bring this thing in…” Luccia smiled wildly, “... And seat me in a place where I can confer privately with the Queen.”

A moment of wicked silence passed between the transponding women.

“Then perhaps we’ll have a vacancy for the crown. Lest that Duke takes it.”

“That terrifying man...” the fearful Duchess was nervous even to speak against the disguised pirate lord, “...perhaps, we can discuss this further once you’ve captured the creature.”

“Very well my liege.”

“Ko-Cha,” Luccia hung up the call and traveled towards Diamond.

After a while she caught back up to Doji, having given up her chase on her elusive turncoat. The monster was at the edge of the lower district that surrounded the towering and prestigious inner sanctum of Diamond.

“Damn lady, you’re pretty persistent. I’m trying to stay lucid and ignore that you and the rest of your… uh, employees, were trying to assassinate me?” The red-haired oni muttered groggily back towards his pursuer.

“Then why not treat me as a warrior and face me?” Luccia challenged the rōnin , beckoning to the blind brobdingnagian with her bludgeon.

“The underhandedness of an assassin…” he recalled his night of shame. “...is a hard stain to wash from one’s honor.”

“You said you’d ignore it!” Luccia cried mockingly.

“Pshh, Shini-hi-hi.” Doji chuckled with a condescending smile, “Alright alright, beneath this Diamond let us dance!”

Luccia dashed towards the giant as he drew his swords.

The two oversized humans rampaged through the lower district, Luccia swung her mace relentlessly, as Doji dodged and parried away from his opponent. Finally, some real damage to the province’s property values. He remembered how he had reacted when Stein had tricked him, Luccia was in much the same state of rage.

“Fight back kid!” Luccia growled at her vexing opponent, swinging her mace once again for his head.

The boy ducked and sighed to himself, “If you insist, I suppose we’ll both keep playing pretend.”

The giant swung the blunt ends of his swords into the Kuja woman’s chest.

Luccia grunted as she stumbled backward, spitting out her bubble gum before speaking back to her opponent. “What do you mean? Is this some kind of game to you?”

“Not quite. More like a play.” Doji waved his mask in front of his face with a serene shit-eating grin sat upon his face. “Neither of us is at our best,” The boy gestured down towards the panting and disheveled Luccia, “What’s the point in keeping this up? As warriors I mean. If you’d like me to drop that pretense…”

He shot a menacing expression toward the Kuja woman.

“...then I can treat you as a common cutthroat.”

The massive warrior spun his body, kicking Luccia through a nearby building.

This damn thing. Who does that bastard think he is? I’m gonna catch you, you son of a bitch. Luccia’s final vindictive thought ran through her mind as she collapsed from exhaustion.

Doji breathed a sigh of relief, he was almost on the verge of collapsing himself. It was his iron will and giant constitution that allowed him to hold out. This would not be the last he’d see of Luccia of Les Dames Terribles.

With his pursuers defeated the oni terrorized and reveled in taunting the people of Diamond. Politely investigating their cemeteries before continuing his rampage. Between Diamond’s illustrious casinos, prestigious jewelry shops, wineries, and merchants of fine goods the blind man’s bleary blundering proved quite profitable as he stuffed item after item into his pouch.

The Duchess’ guards escorted her to the wall of Diamond’s upper district. Here, from atop her perch, the royal looked down on the monster plaguing her city.

“Keep it out of the upper district, no matter what,” She spoke to her lieutenant.

[npc=misc]“Yes ma’am,”[/npc] the man saw to it that the city’s remaining knights stationed themselves at the gates of the upper district’s walls.

Comically, as soon as the Duchess made her way down from the wall, she came upon the giant oni who had blown past the upper district’s guards and busted his way through its gates.

“Ayeeek!” The Duchess screamed, “Guards! Help me!”

“Eh? You have guards up here?” Doji was confused. He had faced almost no resistance in the lower district outside of Luccia. “Why don’t they have guards out there? You folks are rich enough that you’re willing to watch your whole city crumble around you?”

“Don’t you question me you damn mongrel! There are haves and have-nots in this world! The people of our stature are worth preserving! Begone from this place lest you incur further wrath from the crown!” The haughty royal blustered, moving backward to put distance between herself and the brute.

Doji quickly closed the distance, and hoisted the Duchess by her elaborate dress, scruffing her like an angry kitten.

“Hey. Here’s another question… ” The giant spoke nonchalantly, holding the woman in front of his face, demanding her attention. “... what did you do to earn your stature?”

The Duchess stammered before screaming, terrified by the curious creature that held her aloft. Doji dropped her to the ground in disgust, the duchess landing on her ass and collapsing into her fancy dress.

“I’m sure your great grandfather must have done something remarkable,” he remarked condescendingly.

The Duchess stared in horror with white eyes as the oni began heading for her manor.

“N-no…” She whimpered, fearing the property damage the oni would inflict upon her, “... this can’t be happening.” As the sounds of destruction and robbery echoed throughout the streets of Diamond’s upper district the Duchess fainted at the nightmarish fate that had befallen her precious city.

The Road out of Jewel

It was finally time for the giant to make his way onto the next province, having plundered the wealthiest city of Jewel for pearls, gemstones, jewelry, and other fine goods. Doji reveled in his spoils, feeling the finely crafted goods against his fingertips; in truth, the oni could appreciate little of their beauty, but their value wasn’t lost on him.

As he made his way to the crossing the giant heard the huffing and stomping of several horses. None of the mounted knights attacked the creature as it approached.

“Pardon me, do you fellows know the way to Nilf?” Doji asked in earnest.

A couple of the men chuckled.

[npc=misc]“We’ve no intention of letting you cross into Nilf. However, we’ve set a direct path to the Capital for you,”[/npc] a stern and wizened knight spoke bluntly to the monster he was ordered to contain.

“And what if I want to pass through, I was hoping to visit every province in the country.”

The sharp jab of a lance against Doji’s side made clear his situation, [npc=misc]“I’m afraid that we won't let you do that.”[/npc]

As the giant attempted to trample his way through the checkpoint he was met with several more lance strikes, dissuading him from further attempts.

“Jeez, I get it. Alright, so I’m heading to the capital? You all must have a lovely welcoming party planned for me.”

[npc=misc]“Something like that,”[/npc] the stern knight lied through his teeth, [npc=misc]“You’ll be heading down this road,”[/npc] The knight sent Doji off in such a way that he would head directly into Castor’s trap, “It’ll be hard to get lost. Bon voyage!”

Upon embarking the monster was dutifully herded by knights stationed on the outer wall of Rose.

Post Word Count: 4,050
Total Word Count: 17,006

Last edited by Doji on Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:21 am

blur_on

An Oni On Tour

As Sir Bearington delivered the news about Jules' gravesite being desecrated by the Grave Robber, what infuriated him more were the eyewitness's reports of Stein's involvement. One of the squires who hid in the nearby shrubs for his dear life, witness the exchange between the two.

Albeit, he was unable to hear what they said.

Before Bearington could've even urged the Duke to take a stance of peace, Nox blasted out of the throne room in a flicker of lightning. The crackle of the man's movement left the council and the Queen's hearts struck with deep fear.

"Castor..." Annabelle murmured, worried about the brutal acts of violence that were about to occur.

The council was stunned, in a single blink, the man had vanished from before their eyes. Hearing rumors of the man's Devil Fruit abilities and seeing it up close and personal were two different accounts.

Propelling himself in a rocket-like fashion, burning in rage, Castor shot across the sky like a shooting star. [dass]The residuals from his lightning disbursal caused the skies above Rose and then eventually, Jewels to turn pitch black.

The heavens hummed in the form of thunderstorms at the Lord's tenacity to seek the truth. Within minutes, Castor arrived in Diamond, standing on the roof of the Duchess' quarters.[cmt]I've had to mention this several times before: Castor absolutely cannot control the weather with his ability. He can only make use of existing inclement weather (i.e. cloudy days). Stop doing this, please.[/cmt][/dass]

With his [dass]all-hearing radio, the man eavesdropped on the treason that occurred between the Duchess and her underling. Blasting a hole in the roof, Castor now stood before the Duchess with a menacing glare.[cmt]This is also annoying and broken. Isn't Rose a pretty populated region? Being able to pick out sounds like this is out of thin air is just not reasonable. It leaves way too much room for metagaming also.[/cmt][/dass] Resurging in his tangible state, the Duke stabbed his beloved Zaigo into the woman's shoulder.

"Odd thing about my blade Zaigo... To those who are unable to resist its allure with Haki... It drinks their blood. Do tell Miss Duchess. What seat is it you and your servants intend to sit on?" Castor declared menacingly with a wicked grin on his face.

The smile on his face at this stage was an omen for what was to come.

"M-My Lord. Please. It's not you I have a problem with! Your Queen is incompetent! If I was Queen! We could rule the North Blue together! Me and you!" The Duchess shouted, [dass]slightly aroused by the man's display of dominance[cmt]Your insistence on having her be this masochistic woman who has a thing for Castor seems totally counter to the otherwise decent character development that Doji did for her.

Now, I'm not sure whether you already had this masochistic character development done for the Duchess before, but if so, I'm definitely cringing at your decision to have the two most notable female nobles of Lvneel to be obsessed with Castor. If you keep this up, Castor's story is gonna start feeling like a harem manga.[/cmt][/dass].

Ripping the blade from the woman's shoulder, the Duchess [ass=Case in point.]screamed out in ecstasy[/ass]. "Paku Paku Paku... Queen? None of you seem to get it. You are all my playthings. Don't forget your place. Whether it's you or Annabelle who sits on the Throne... Never forget this Miss Fiona.

As the last Fiore member, I spared you from that massacre... You are a double agent to feed me information on Dax's movements. Nothing more. Never forget that."
Nox stated, before disappearing like a spark in the wind.

Collapsing onto the ground from blood loss, the Duchess stared at the hole in her ceiling, clutching at her wound as a badge of honor. "It's me and you against the world... Nox. One day you'll see my worth." Fiona announced before passing out.

Expanding the range of his scope, Castor dashed towards the direction of the ambush point that awaited the invading Oni.

Grader comment:

Word Count: 4,412

Join Revival Dawn on Discord