Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Today at 7:01 amMaxwell[Episode] A unusual meet upWed Apr 24, 2024 1:33 pmRaysha Valentine[Episode] [Transportation] A Grand OpeningMon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 pmSkoll[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSun Apr 21, 2024 11:24 pmGray[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsSun Apr 21, 2024 11:19 pmGray[Episode] The Bloody ChamberSun Apr 21, 2024 12:31 pmNoah[World Event] A Fool's ErrandSun Apr 21, 2024 6:44 amYumiko[Market] [Trade] Trading ForumSat Apr 20, 2024 5:47 pmGray[Episode] Ancient Blood ArisesSat Apr 20, 2024 4:11 pmNaoki
Go down
Maxwell
Maxwell
[Episode] Why No, I Don't Dance But When I Do, It's Almost Criminal - Page 2 Vk6odI4
[tracker=/t139-richard-maxwell#516]
Name : Richard Maxwell
Epithet : Plague Rat
Height : 6'0" / 183 cm
Weight : 160 lbs. / 73 kg
Species : Human
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Supernova
Bounty : [bel=r] 243,000,000
Quality Score : S+
Income Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Shop Discount : -10%
Balance : [bel] 1,217,129,125
[[bookworm]][[firstaidkit]][[berryprinter]]
[[identitytheft]][[identitytheft]][[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Episode] Why No, I Don't Dance But When I Do, It's Almost Criminal - Page 2 Empty Re: [Episode] Why No, I Don't Dance But When I Do, It's Almost Criminal

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:33 am
When the living lightning suddenly reappeared, the running rat yelped from surprise. “GAh!” That translated to a ‘no’ to the playful question, by the way. “I thought y-you...” He paused briefly. “...You know what, never mind, i-it’s not important.” All that smooth confidence had abandoned his voice like a sinking ship by now. Only the quivering cowardice remained. Fear clung to the back of his throat like a clump of tar, as he struggled to swallow nervously. The dramatic declaration had been the last thing he needed to hear right now. So even this crazed blade maniac couldn’t handle the spiders. Lovely. Absolutely fantastic.

This fiasco couldn’t get any worse...

Of course, Lady Luck didn’t take kindly to being challenged like that. Right on cue, two familiar faces appeared in the distance. They were guarding a certain set of doors ‘with their life’, as it were. Richard, however, was too distracted at the moment to spot them. Instead, he quirked a brow at the young fellow’s curious naming conventions. “The... what now?” His question was answered by a chilling voice. “Maxwell!!!” The furious shout rang through the hallway and sent shivers down his spine. His eyes ever so carefully inched towards the source of the sound, only to flinch upon spotting... her.

“Eep.”

With a startled squeak, the rat barely ducked beneath a massive swing from a cutesy umbrella. The spider hot on his heels wasn’t as lucky, however. Far heavier and sturdier than it had any right to be, the umbrella bashed the bot backwards like a baseball bat. The gentleman skidded to a halt inches away from slamming into the young lady blocking her path. In a desperate attempt to buy time, he rummaged his mental drawer for a fitting smile. This was what a smile looked like, right? Right. “Erm, h-hello Minerva. I-I’m flattered you still remember me, b-buuut... W-wouldn’t you rather chase younger men instead? Eh? Eheh...” She glared up at him with all the warmth of a winter storm.

Before the talkative crook could dig himself deeper into the hole, a distraction dropped between him and the young lady. His puzzled stare found an exotic, curved fruit with a yellow peel... and a burning fuse. He didn’t even have time to squeak. [MT] A hefty blast shook the corridor and splattered yellow goop across the walls. It even blasted aside a couple of the menacing machines that had drawn too close. Worse for them, the strange residue got stuck in their joints, bringing their gears to a grinding halt. Once the yellow smoke cleared a little, the gentleman was laying on the floor, limp and lifeless.

The second bounty hunter dropped down from the ceiling. Sauntering over to the downed target, he snorted smugly. “Banana Bombs. Rich in potassium and pain.” Yep, buying that book of 1000 and 1 one-liners was paying off already. [LT] [LT] [UT] However, when he went to pick up the corpse, it twitched... Before the naive hunter could react, he got a faceful of pale goop alongside a painful surprise attack to the unmentionables. [LT - Eye Poke] [LT - Sucker Punch] He recoiled, clutching his crotch. That... actually hurt his pride more than his body.

While the foe recovered, the rat scampered back onto his feet. He took a moment to try and brush his clothes clean, before realizing the futility. These stains were going nowhere without a dry cleaner... He leveled a gleaming glance at the man who was most definitely not a gorilla. “I’m warning you, my friend... You’re not the only one with some nasty tricks up his sleeves...” It would have been mildly more intimidating if his legs hadn’t been shaking like a pair of maracas in a festival. One could almost imagine the sound even. While he postured, an empty injector fell from his hand and chimed against the floor. Blue liquid dripped from the needle, one of his many little secrets. [MT - Painkiller]

Words: 646
Total: 7336

COMBAT TRACKERS:

[Episode] Why No, I Don't Dance But When I Do, It's Almost Criminal - Page 2 G7UGK6I
[tracker=/t980-castor-o-nox#4771]
Name : Castor O. Nox
Epithet : Sanpaku | The Azure Pheasant | Duke Of Lvneel | Saint Nox
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 175lbs
Species : Three-Eye Tribesman
World Position : Blockbuster
Alliance : -
Crew : Nox Pirates
Ship : The Wailing Calamity
Crew Role : Captain | Navigator | Book Collector | Pride Sin
Devil Fruit : Goro Goro no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 620,000,000
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (To all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf); +0.10 (Blockbuster); +0.20 (To all allies)
Shop Discount : -20%
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 96,000,000
Balance : [bel] 2,470,815,020
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[dreamsneverdie]]
[[bookworm]][[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

[Episode] Why No, I Don't Dance But When I Do, It's Almost Criminal - Page 2 Empty Re: [Episode] Why No, I Don't Dance But When I Do, It's Almost Criminal

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:50 am
Castor O. Nox uses [HT]Awakened State on self
Castor O. Nox uses [LT] Summanus's Luna on self
Castor O. Nox uses UT on Minerva

Minerva uses [MT] Umbrella Swing on Castor O. Nox
Minerva uses [LT] Umbrella Strike on Castor O. Nox
Minerva uses [LT] Umbrella Shield on Castor O. Nox
Minerva uses UT on Castor O. Nox

Tracker

Name : Variable
Epithet : Variable
Height : Variable
Weight : Variable
Species : Variable
Faction : Variable
Crew : Variable
Ship : Variable
Crew Role : Variable
Devil Fruit : Variable
Bounty : Variable
Balance : Variable

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:50 am
The member 'Castor O. Nox' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 1

--------------------------------

#2 'Reflex Check' : 9, 12, 19, 1
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
[Episode] Why No, I Don't Dance But When I Do, It's Almost Criminal - Page 2 G7UGK6I

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:49 am

blur_on

Minerva v.s. Nox!

Staggering backwards from the explosive charge, Castor caught the woman in his arms. Acting as a human hammock for the tiny woman’s falling body. As she’d look up and see the Three Eyed Man smiling at her warmly, disgusted by the criminal’s almost normal expression, the woman sprung away, creating some distance between herself and Castor.

Several bits of shrapnel came flying his way, Castor simply allowed the large enough chunks that could’ve caused minor damage slip through his body by parting a path for their trajectory to pass. “Castor O. Nox… Are you teaming up with the Plague Rat, Richard Maxwell now?” Minerva inquired. Daft as always when it comes to affairs of the world, “Richard… Maxwell… Can’t say the name rings a bell.” Castor retorted, genuinely puzzled by the woman’s words.

“I’m just here to score some merchandise for my crewmate. That’s all.” Castor declared shrugging. “Steal. That’s all pirates are good for. You're famous in the North Blue… I’m sure you had enough treasure to secure what you desired! Yet! You opted to work with that scumbag!” Minerva shouted, gesturing over to Richard with a nasty scowl. As if a lightbulb physically appeared over his head, “Oh! Mr. Brown’s real name is Richard! I was saying that name sounded strange.” Castor declared, nodding himself proudly at the realization, patting himself on the shoulder.

Pissed, Minerva launched the first volley in the assault, tired of Castor’s ‘slow’ routine, though he'd actually just hadn’t known who exactly the sleazy salesman really was. Swinging around her weighted umbrella with much ease, the woman left minor craters in the ground from missed strikes against Sanpaku. Counter striking with his sword, Summer Rain was met with the opened parasol’s outer refined metallic forge, rendering Castor unable to land a clean strike. What made it even more interesting was that the parasol once opened, covered Minerva’s entire body, leaving only her feet visible from the opposite angle. [UT - missed]

“If I’m going to break through her defenses, I’ll need a bit more power.” Castor thought to himself. Crackles of electricity surged around the Imp’s body, before long, the Three Eyed Tribesman’s skin began to lose pigmentation, turning himself into a living entity, made out of lighting. A humanoid form was maintained of course, but his cracked Summer Rain was now augmented in electricity, it’d be as if Castor had become lightning himself. [HT] [Awakened State] From his new celestial form, Castor released four electrical spheres that hovered around the field like satellites in space, orbiting around Minerva and Castor, as focal points. [LT] [Summanus’s Luna]

Spinning her opened umbrella above her head, the woman coated her weapon in a purple-black metallic coat, tossing the umbrella like a spinning tot towards Castor’s direction. Attempting to block the strike with his lightning blade, the momentum broke through the blade’s makeshift shield, ripping through Castor’s electrical form, reverting the impacted area to it’s human state, and drawing blood. The Imp’s eyes opened widely, usually in this form, he’d been invincible. Unless…. “Eh. Can you use Haki?” Castor inquired. [LT - Successful]

“Don’t underestimate me kid. I’m not some backwater Blue Rookie. I was once the proud member of a prominent New World Pirate Crew before I became a bounty hunter.” Minerva announced with some disdain. “You? A pirate?  Matter of fact... Gashi Gashi... I could see it.” Castor inquired before breaking out into laughter, regaining his stance, the man converted the damaged area back into an ethereal form. Extending her hand to the heavens, the umbrella circled around before returning into the woman’s expert care.

“This weapon… It was a gift from my captain and crew.” Minerva explained. “See these white gloves I’m wearing… They act as a magnet for that weapons handle. With a small switch inside my gloves I’m able to attract my umbrella even when it’s parted from my care. I’ve killed many pirates before they even got a chance to stare upon my face.” Minerva boasted. Closing the umbrella, and aiming it’s tip towards Castor. A small hole opened at the umbrella’s point, acting as a barrel of sorts. Cocking the umbrella like a gun’s magazine, a small clip emerged from the umbrella’s handle, squeezing the trigger calming, a splurge of bullets rained in Castor’s direction. Controlling his electrical spheres to intercept the bullets, four bullets made it through the defense, striking Castor in the shoulder. [LT - Successful]

Staggering backwards slightly, the Imp quickly sheathed his blade to inspect the wounds. He understood haki, but bullets harming him? As he’d dig his nails into his shoulder, one by one, Castor removed the shells, rubber shells to be precise. Both him and Minerva looked equally shocked, they’d both discovered a weakness in this moment. “Looks like my Stunning Rubber Shells work on your kind, boy.” Minerva gloated. Cocking her weapon once again, she’d fire off another round but this time, Castor instantly transformed into a bolt of lightning, dashing behind the woman’s defense in an instant, and striking behind her kneecap with his sheathed blade. Staggering a bit, Minerva was shocked at the man’s actual speed, shifting her body towards Castor’s new position, and opening her umbrella to act as a shield and a deterrent.

“Quick reflexes. Alright. Let’s see if I can break that little defense of yours.” Castor stated grinning, still nursing the shoulder wounds and damage dealt to his pride as an usual untouchable logia.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Word Count: 900

| Tagged: @Maxwell

Notes:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:28 am
Round 2

Richard uses HT Euthanasia on Gorilla Face Greg.
Richard uses LT Shiv on Gorilla Face Greg.
Richard uses UT on Gorilla Face Greg.

Gorilla Face Greg uses MT Go Bananas on Richard.
Gorilla Face Greg uses LT Peel-ican on Richard.
Gorilla Face Greg uses LT Gorilla Catch on Richard.
Gorilla Face Greg uses UT on Richard.

NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:28 am
The member 'Maxwell' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 9, 17, 5

#2 'Reflex Check' : 7, 6, 15, 5
Maxwell
Maxwell
[Episode] Why No, I Don't Dance But When I Do, It's Almost Criminal - Page 2 Vk6odI4

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:35 am
Richard flinched when the fearsome, young lady dropped his full name, along with the insulting epitaph. Worse yet, the carefree maniac caught on as well. The jig was up, as they said. However, he couldn’t help but get hung up on a certain detail. “Again with that nickname? Really?” Tugging his tie, he muttered bitterly beneath his breath. “Save lives for twenty years and nobody remembers... Release one little plague and they never let you forget it... One of these days I’m filing a complaint...” Little details like where and how were forgotten in favor of simply venting his frustrations. A man could dream, no?

Against all odds, the grumbling found an echo from an unlikely direction. “I understand how you feel.” The bulky hunter spoke solemnly, with a massive hand to his heart. “Everyone keeps calling me Gorilla Face.” The rat slowly shifted his stare between the burly fellow’s face, the banana muck strewn about and finally back onto the hairy visage. “Can’t imagine why...” His perpetual politeness masked the sarcasm a bit too well. The ape-like man snorted in honest agreement. “People are too quick to judge based on appearances and rumors.” His genuine words left behind an awkward silence.

With a heavy heart, the bounty hunter reached into his pockets. It was such a shame... He pulled out two bananas, brandishing them like pistols. In a different life, they could have been... friends. “Now then... Time to go bananas.” [MT] He squeezed his odd weapons. With a distinct sound of a gunshot, the bananas were launched from their peels. They missed their target only barely, splattering against two of the spider robots instead. In an instant, the modified mush turned from yellow to brown and hardened like cement. Both bots were promptly frozen on their tracks. “You’re quick...” Without missing a beat, he tossed the peels as well. The opened in mid flight, resembling a big-beaked bird that tried to swallow the rat’s hands. [LT] Another miss meant two more robots were hit, their numerous eyes blinded by the peels.

The coward was used to dodging for dear life. Ever quick on his feet, he swiftly stepped in between the shots, deftly ducked beneath the peels... Only to get caught by a sudden tackle from the heavy contender. [LT] Mighty arms wrapped around him and squeezed the air out of his lungs with a sound that resembled a rubber duck. [UT] However, something shined in his grasp. A small injector sloshed with ominous, black liquid. As the foe tried to pin him against the wall, he jammed the needle into the man’s neck. [HT - Euthanasia] The poison surged into him with a suppressed hiss. With a violent flourish, he yanked the needle out, drawing a trickle of blood. [LT - Shiv] [UT]

As the pain kicked in, the ape-like man released his grip. Both combatants recoiled back. He wiped a hand against the wet spot against his neck and glared at the red stain on his fingers. “Grhhh... You damned plague rat...” He clutched his chest with wheezing breaths. The poison... It was like a bag of nails inside his chest. Drop by drop, tiny red dots stained the floor at his feet.

Richard slyly stuffed the spent syringe into his pocket. “Okay, now you are just being rude.” His nonchalant comment was met with blank disbelief. “Rude...? You poisoned me...!” However, he refused to be blamed for this one. “And you tried to blow me up, but you don’t see me making hurtful remarks about it.” Pointing fingers would get them nowhere, you know.

Words: 588
Total: 7924

COMBAT TRACKERS:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:46 am
Round 2:

Castor O. Nox uses [HT]Vritra on Minerva
Castor O. Nox uses [LT]Trenta on Minerva

Minerva uses [MT] Umbrella Canon on Castor O. Nox
Minerva uses [LT] Umbrella Strike on Castor O. Nox
Minerva uses [LT] Umbrella Shot on Castor O. Nox

Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:46 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 13, 8, 5

#2 'Reflex Check' : 12, 2, 8, 13
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:42 am

blur_on

Minerva v.s. Nox!

Sheathing his Summer Rain back into it’s holster, Castor began to pace in circles around the woman. Minerva, sitting at the centre, adjusted the position of her opened parasol, as to completely block any openings, as Castor searched for a point and time to attack. Asserting his willpower over Minerva, a red aura began to consume the Hunter’s spirit, causing her to sweat slightly. [Haoshoku Haki - Active] Watching the women's movements as he’d pace, Castor sharpened his instincts to avoid any more surprise Busoshoku infused attacks. [Kenbunshoku Haki - Active] Grinning, the man’s ethereal form transformed into that of a dragon’s head, shooting off almost instantly, as the dragon’s head travelled it’s body manifested, shaking along the battlefield in a reptilian fashion. The lighting based teeth of the dragon bit right through the parasol, leaving massive holes, pushing Minerva sky bound before consuming her within the concentrated blast of electricity. [HT - Vritra]

The woman’s pink Victorian style dress tattered, her body fell from the ceiling level towards the ground with a loud clump on impact. [UT] As soon as the woman’s body touched the concrete slab, Castor reappeared on the floor inches away from her, extending his index finger, a beam of lightning would surge at it’s tip. Firing off the blast, Minerva cried out like a child getting its first flu shot, wailing uncomfortably at the onslaught. [LT - Trenta] Laying on the ground squirming, tears involuntarily began to drip from her eyes in frustration. Forcing her way back to a stance, the woman closed what remained of her umbrella, to fire off a marble sized cannonball which rang out a wicked explosion. Luckily, Castor predicted the incoming projectile, and managed to escape with slight burns, moving seconds after the bomb's detonation. [MT - Grazed Hit]

With Minerva unable to move, Castor’s lightning dragon continued to rampage around the battlefield, crashing into the contains 33, 34, 35, rendering the mechanical spiders who jumped in the dragon’s path, disengaged. Behind door 33 stood the giant who’d been auctioned off earlier, restrained in shackles, the book Castor desired, and around twenty or so barrels filled with Dance Powder.

Dashing into container 33, Castor stood at the foot of the Giant Groz. Releasing several electrical blasts, Castor shattered the Giant’s chains. “You’re free to go now… Rogue Pirate - Groz.” Castor declared. “What’s your angle Sanpaku? Why would a pirate famed for his tyranny free a loser such as myself?” Groz declared, lethargically, tired from his injuries after being subdued. “No real reason. I have some merchandise I need moving… You’re the perfect size to do it. The Dance Powder and more importantly… the Book in the next two rooms. Secure them. I’ll break us out of here once I’m finished with Minerva. My crew’s kind of short of staff at the moment… and my ship is surely big enough to house you… well… on my deck at least.” Castor declared. “What do you say Groz… Do you want to join my crew?” Castor inquired, his third eye expanding widely in excitement.

“Groz was a name given to me by the humans. My true name is Stannis.” Stannis retorted.

“Stannis… huh? I like it. Stannis - The Ship Sinker.” Castor concluded grinning.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Word Count: 535

Notes:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:26 am
Round 3

Richard uses HT Backstab on Gorilla Face Greg.
Richard uses LT Lights Out on Gorilla Face Greg.

Gorilla Face Greg uses HT Bane-na on Richard.

NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:26 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 12, 14, 17

#2 'Reflex Check' : 3, 1
Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:51 pm
While the wounded hunter wheezed venomous words, the rat got distracted by the sudden lightshow. He shielded his eyes with a pained grunt. Had he just seen... a dragon...? He honestly couldn’t tell from all the flashing and explosions. Geh, all these fruit users were quite the monsters if you asked him... Good thing this one was on his side.

In the meantime, Gorilla Face Greg struggled back onto his feet. He could feel the toxin coursing through his veins, but he was a hardy guy. No way would something like this stop him... Bringing his hands together, he went through what seemed like a series of finger exercises. Maybe his hands had gotten stiff in the cold gloom of the hallway? Well, maybe not. “Ultimate Monkey Art... Bane-na.” In a puff of smoke, a positively massive banana appeared in his grasp. He spun around to gather momentum and gave it a good toss. Spinning like a boomerang, it soared towards the rat’s turned back. [HT - Bane-na] [UT]

However, the old crook wasn’t dumb enough to drop his guard in the middle of a brawl. Pretending had always been a big part of his underhanded arsenal. Just as the massive banana boomerang was about to hit, he ducked beneath it. The potassium projectile struck the wall hard enough to sink right through, leaving a sizable dent on solid stone. Capitalizing on the foe’s disbelief, the sneaky rat slipped past his guard with a series of steps that resembled ballroom waltz. A sharp scalpel shined in his grasp briefly before getting buried deep into the gorilla man’s gut. [HT - Backstab] “Would you kindly just stay down?” His polite request was punctuated by a brutal downwards swing right on the poor target’s nogging. [LT - Lights Out] ...And a kick while the man was down. [UT]

With the guard out of the game, for now, Richard quickly slipped over to the open vault. Greed gleamed in his gaze as he peeked inside. He spotted a couple of barrels, a mysterious book, a giant, some more barrels... Quickly his eyes darted back to confirm what he just saw. Yes, the maniac had actually recruited himself a giant just now. Well, his funeral and all... Pushing any grim thoughts aside, the salesman piped up ever so nonchalantly. “I see you have managed to get everything you needed. Good for you, friend. Real glad you got that sorted out, sooo... About my money...” As an optimistic and hopelessly greedy fellow, he hadn’t forgotten their deal. Some might say this was not the best time, but he disagreed. The best time had been five minutes ago, the second best was right now.

Words: 436
Total: 8360

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Maxwell on Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:57 pm
Round 3:

Castor O. Nox uses [MT]Divine Wrath on Minerva
Castor O. Nox uses [LT]Crucifixion on Minerva
Castor O. Nox uses [LT]Decagon on Minerva

Minerva uses [HT] Umbrella Slash on Castor O. Nox

Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:57 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 4, 1, 9, 10

#2 'Reflex Check' : 10, 12
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:21 pm

blur_on

Minerva v.s. Nox!

Lifting himself from out of the cell, Stannis began to salvage the contents of the three containers. Castor would signal towards him to toss the book, while Stannis took off the ripped shirt he was wearing, and fashioned it into a nest for the loot. Scanning the pages of the book, a slight chuckle would come out as Castor flipped through. As questions about Richard’s pay-out came into focus, the Imp would toss the book towards the slender man. “It’s a fake. It’s not worth 500,000,000 but if you can pawn it to the right sucker, you can get half of that.” Castor exclaimed, chuckling. “As for the money I owe you, consider it null since you ditched the old man.” Castor responded shrugging, turning his back away from Richard with an angry expression on his face, only to wink and stick out his tongue once his face was no longer visible. “As a bonus, I’ll split the Dance Powder with you 60/40. It’s not like I need the bulk of it anyway. Sixty for me of course.” Castor declared, fixing his fingers to form an okay sign.

Charging an electrical current around himself, Castor shot off a blast towards the woman who’d been struggling to her feet. The impact of the electrical shockwave sent the woman’s body rolling against the concrete backwards into a nearby stone pillar. [MT][Divine Wrath] Using the pain as a motivator to regain her stance, Minerva dashed towards Castor in a b-line fashion. Shooting several quick charges from his index finger, mimicking that of a loaded pistol, Castor fired off several bolts towards the woman’s arms, legs, and chest cage. However, through willpower, she’d push through the jolts, continuing her advance towards the Blue Captain Rookie. [LT - Grazed Hit - Crucifixion]

“Stubborn.” Castor murmured, raising his hand above his head to summon a series of electrical bolts fashioned in the form of spears. Shooting off the spears like volleys from a professional lawn tennis player, the impact of each spear pinned the woman against the floor, inches before her umbrella would have made contact to Castor. Electrocuting her mercilessly, the spears diminished, leaving her once pinned up right body, to fall to the floor, leaving a loud thump noise upon impact. [LT][Decagon] As the woman fell, she’d swing her weighted umbrella towards Castor’s ankle, leaving it slightly swollen. [UT]

“Minerva. Interesting offense. I’ve never seen someone fight with an umbrella before.” Castor commented.

Standing once more without delay, the woman drew a blade from the parasol, aiming the thin sword at the Imp. Resting an arm behind her back, the woman assumed a common stance most fencers would. “Engarde.” Minerva called to the Imp. Retrieving Summer Rain from her slumber, he’d line up his blade’s front face to touch the woman’s blade.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Word Count: 474

Notes:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:34 am
Round 4

Richard uses MT Blunt Trauma on Gorilla Face Greg.
Richard uses LT 9mm Aspirin on Gorilla Face Greg.
Richard uses Placebo Effect on Gorilla Face Greg.

Gorilla Face Greg uses MT Sneak Attack! on Richard.
Gorilla Face Greg uses LT Gorilla Left on Richard.
Gorilla Face Greg uses LT Gorilla Right on Richard.
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:34 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 12, 5, 5, 7

#2 'Reflex Check' : 13, 14, 2, 17
Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:44 am
The greedy crook stared blankly at the book tossed into his hands. Pawn... this piece of junk...? If the suggestion was supposed to be an elaborate joke, he didn’t find it particularly funny. His stare narrowed. The book was haphazardly tossed over his shoulder. Irritation tugged at the edges of his polite facade, wanting to run freely across his features. “Funny. Real funny, friend.” His friendly tone sounded strained. “But seriously, we had a deal and that old man was not part of it.” He stuck a hand beneath the lapel of his suit and pulled out his trusty pistol. “So, friend, unless you want me to ventilate your suit, I implore you to reconsider.” His words dripped with venom as he leveled the barrel at the young man. Fruit or no fruit, lead was bad for anyone’s complexion. Or so he thought...

Unfortunately, today was just not Richard’s day. While he was distracted by the electric trickster, a distinctly gorilla-shaped shadow snuck up on him. “Sneak attack!” Startled by the sudden bellow, he was left wide open for the tackle that followed it. [MT - Sneak Attack!] The foe pinned him against the cold floor. While his desperate squirming managed to avoid one punch [LT - Gorilla Right], the second one struck him right in the face. [LT - Gorilla Left] Something cracked with a trickle of red. It left his head spinning. Even through the haze of pain, he could feel the thick fingers trying to wrap around his throat. [UT] His messy tie was valiantly buying him time, but the last line of defense wouldn’t last long.

In a moment of desperation, the rat took a deep breath and pointed a dramatic finger behind the attacker. [LT - Placebo Effect]  “Look, a naked banana!” Okay, not a lie he would’ve usually told. That was definitely the concussion talking. No one would possibly- “What?! Where?!” Against all odds, the naive opponent bought the bluff. So, both of them had a concussion then, the doctor concluded. Oh well, it wasn’t his style to look a gift horse in the mouth. Gathering all his strength and fury, which admittedly wasn’t all that much, he managed to shove the distracted opponent off of him. [UT] Before the enemy recovered, he swung his suitcase like a hefty golf club. [MT - Blunt Trauma] With a painful thud, the guard was sent skidding into the hallway wall.

Richard gasped for air and scampered back onto his feet. Gah, how did that guy still have this much strength left... Unwilling to wait and find out, he brandished his gun. Without wasting air for witty one-liners, he leveled the barrel at the defenseless man’s back... And pulled the trigger. Again. And again. And yet again. [LT - 9mm Aspirin] Several gunshots rang out, each one leaving a hole on the target’s suit.

Eventually, grim silence settled upon the scene, broken only by the criminal’s feeble panting. He adjusted his tie and shifted his focus back onto his business... former business partner. “Now, don’t take this personally...” The smoking barrel took aim at the young man. “...But I think I’ll be taking all the Dance Powder, along with your money. Goodbye.” He pulled the trigger and got an empty click. A couple more panicked pulls confirmed that his gun had just been reduced to an inconveniently shaped club. After a brief, yet incredibly awkward pause, he started sweating like a walking waterfall. A weak smile tried to find a place on his face. “Erhm... Eh... Heh... I... was just kidding about the whole ventilation thing, you know that, right? No hard feelings, right?” Riiiight...

Words: 582
Total: 8942

COMBAT TRACKERS:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:38 am
Round 4:

Castor O. Nox uses [MT]Dance of the Lightning Pheasant on Minerva
Castor O. Nox uses [LT]Celestial Barrier on Minerva
Castor O. Nox uses [LT]Trenta on Minerva

Minerva uses [MT] Hidden Sword on Castor O. Nox
Minerva uses [LT] Swarm on Castor O. Nox
Minerva uses [LT] Willow Shoot on Castor O. Nox

Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:38 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 14, 8, 17, 12

#2 'Reflex Check' : 19, 14, 11, 9
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:16 am

blur_on

Minerva v.s. Nox!

Pissed by Castor’s poor negotiation skills, the Imp found himself staring down the face of the sleazy salesman’s barrel. “Heh. Your fault for trusting a snake like The Plague Rat, Sanpaku. You have no idea how many people he’s scammed over the years.” Minerva chimed in. Before Richard could’ve made good on his threat, Castor engaged Minverva once more, the two clashed blades. Castor pursuing raw power and Minerva using the man’s own weight against him to sway from side to side, in this dance that involved their lives as it’s cost. Utilising his foot techniques, Castor electrically charged the face of his Summer Rain, releasing a flurry of attacks that placed Minerva very much on the defensive side of the exchange. If Castor swung eight times in a ten seconds, four out of those strikes landed, ripping open flesh upon contact. [MT - Dance of the Lightning Pheasant]

Heating up the air around himself, Castor caused a monstrous explosion to clap out as loud as lightning, deafening the woman momentarily, and ejecting her from Castor’s striking range about several feet. [LT - Celestial Barrier] Giving chase, the Imp lunged into mid-air, back-flipping to fire off an electrical blast from his leg, which forcefully pinned Minerva into the ground. [LT - Trenta] Landing within enough distance to place the sword against her neck, but also giving Richard enough time once again disburse his enemy and aim his pistol back at him. The timing was too perfect, it’d almost make the pirate captain cackle. Looming behind Richard was Castor’s new giant friend, and with Richard’s pistol coming up short with the threat, the giant attempted to snatch up the slender man into his palm.

“Don’t engage him Stannis. Focus on getting us out of here. I’m going to need you to break a hole in the ceiling. Use the containers as your stepping stones.” Castor instructed. Before the man could even finish his commands, Minerva’s fencing blade sprung sharply into Castor’s right rib cage area. [MT - Successful] Staggering backwards, freeing the advantage on her neck, Minvera gave out two swift jabs, stabbing her blade at Castor’s cheek, and throat, missing her intention to kill but dealing enough damage to open wounds. [LT - Successful] Continuing the flurry, Minerva tossed her blade into Castor’s thigh, pinning him in position. [LT - Successful] Launching herself off the ground, the woman would high-kick the man, hiking up her skirt to reveal long black stockings, and metal tipped spikes on the bottom of her shoes. Connecting to Castor’s mid-section, the Imp cringed in pain, clutching onto his blade to free himself. [UT] Creating an electrical hand, he’d reach into the back of his kimono to reveal Iris, tossing the spear into the woman’s shoulder, the force being strong enough to separate her spikes from his chest. [UT] Freeing the woman’s blade from his thigh, in the distance, about a mile or so away, Castor could hear the murmurs of Juice, and a posse of about four or five, could be more since not all of them were making their presence known.

“Richard! We have about ten minutes until Juice gets here. If he does, we’re both dead men. We can squabble about cuts later.” Castor shouted. “If you think… I’m letting you two leave her alive… You’re mistaken.” Minerva declared, fashioning her gloved hand in a come hither mannerism, attracting back her blade. Pointing her blade first at Castor, and then at Richard, “I’d die before I let either of you scum leave and my family die as a consequence.” Minerva resolved.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Word Count: 582

Notes:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:27 am
Round 5

Richard activates toggle Primum Non Nocere [-20% ATK, +20% RX]
Richard uses AoE Fumigation on Gorilla Face Greg.

Gorilla Face Greg uses MT Vindication on Richard.
Gorilla Face Greg uses LT Mucking About on Richard.
Gorilla Face Greg uses LT Slip Up on Richard.

NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:27 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 3, 4

#2 'Reflex Check' : 8, 14, 11, 17
Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:13 am
Practically feeling the looming, massive shadow, Richard ever so carefully glanced upwards. Oh, right. The giant. A vivid memory flashed through his mind from academy years, when one whimsical teacher mentioned how some cultures still believed that giants ate people. To be fair, the lesson had been about wrongful assumptions, but right now that didn’t ease his fear much. Luckily for him, the lumbering monster’s master had enough sense to call his pet off. With a wavering smile and several hasty nods, he agreed with the assessment. “Q-quite right, n-no need to trouble yourself with little old me. Ahah... hah...” He tugged his shirt collar, desperately trying to make it feel slightly less like a noose.

However, a couple of unexpected reveals paused the rat’s cowering. In his fearful state, he wasn’t quite sure if he had heard correctly earlier. Or rather he hoped he had misheard the girl... Frighteningly familiar epithets aside, the second reveal stole his attention far more efficiently. “T-ten... minutes...?” Inside his greedy, little head, the revelation flipped a switch. Adrenaline rushed through his veins. Fight switched to flight. He didn’t want to spend a second longer here if it meant running into that man. “You do make an excellent point, my friend. Frankly, Mister Juice and I are... not on the best of terms, no.” It didn’t help that he was literally an uninvited guest here.

When the haughty woman made her ultimatum, the crook’s expression and tone darkened. “Well, my fair lady, that can be arranged... From the deepest depths of his pocket, he pulled out a small florence flask. Inside it sloshed liquid as black as ink. He took a step back in preparation. “Remember my little fumigation formula from back in the day? Since then, I’ve made some drastic improv-eeeh?!” In his haste, he backed right into the unconscious gorilla man and promptly tripped. [MT - Vindication] [UT] Arms flailing desperately, he barely managed to keep his teetering balance for a couple of steps longer. [LT - Slip Up] Unfortunately, said steps led directly into a pile of banana muck on the floor. He slipped over in a fashion usually saved for News Coo comic strips and bashed his head against the wall. [LT - Mucking About] [UT]

While the crooked chemist was busy stumbling and seeing stars, the ominous flask slipped from his grasp. [AoE - Fumigation] It chimed once, twice, before coming to a clattering stop further away. A couple of cracks appeared across the surface. The liquid inside bubbled and roiled furiously, desperate to break free. One careless motion, one wayward attack, just one errant twitch might set it off. But... It might be just the distraction the fleeing pirates would soon need...

Words: 438
Total: 9380

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Maxwell on Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:11 am; edited 2 times in total

You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord