Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[World Event] A Fool's ErrandToday at 10:27 pmMoreau[Claims] Devil Fruit ClaimsToday at 8:51 pmRagnar[Advertisement] [Advertisement] Fate/Shards: AU Fate/stay night RPWed Mar 13, 2024 6:51 pmGuest[Arc] Dreams of Kings and Castles: Part III- Invocation Under StarlightThu Mar 07, 2024 4:24 amDoji[Episode] The Bloody ChamberMon Mar 04, 2024 5:22 pmNoah[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSun Mar 03, 2024 7:52 pmDoji[Tracker] Molly TohvThu Feb 29, 2024 10:47 pmMolly Tohv[Episode] Mink-staken IdentityWed Feb 28, 2024 8:51 amYumiko[Claims] Face ClaimsTue Feb 27, 2024 11:15 amGray

[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways

+5
Castor O. Nox
Maxwell
Anton La'croix
NPC
Dadmin
9 posters
Go down
Acacia
Acacia
Kurotane (Black Seed)
[tracker=/t897-grimm-aldous-acacia#4096]
Name : Acacia
Epithet : "Black Seed" ("Kurotane")
Height : 8'5" / 257 cm
Weight : 351 lbs / 159 kg
Species : Human
Faction : New Revolutionary Army
Devil Fruit : Mochi Mochi no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 250,000,000
Balance : [ber] 582,800,000
[[childofdestiny]]
[[improviseadaptovercome]]

[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways - Page 2 Empty Re: [World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:54 am
GROUP DECLARATION:

The tireless waves of the ocean had washed a covey of dunces ashore. Crimson eyes peered down with unreserved judgment at the fools climbing up the precarious face of the cliff. Acacia was not above letting his first impressions of someone dictate how he treated them. And his first impressions thus far of his new crewmates were less than stellar - even though he had yet to meet them.

Watching the bickering clowns was like watching a group of two-year-olds trying to build an artistically respectable sand castle together. A gentler person might have doted on the gaggle, but Acacia was never known for his patience with children or buffoons. Speaking of children, there seemed to be two or three in the approaching circus.

"Why does the New Revolutionary Army let children into their ranks? Don't we judge the Marines for recruiting child soldiers?" Acacia remarked casually to the Revolutionary General, his gaze still fixed upon his crew-to-be.

Garland adjusted his rectangular-frame glasses with a deadpan expression and responded. His voice was always smooth and clear, like an experienced teacher's. "Tyranny doesn't discriminate by age. We judge the Navy for conscripting child soldiers. Only their circumstances forced these young ones to join the NRA. We just offered shelter and a helping hand."

The fair-haired general paused until Acacia's eyes met his. "They choose to fight because they believe in our mission. Maybe it's time to ask yourself why you fight."

Acacia lowered his head humbly, mumbling more to himself than his superior. "I ask myself that question every day."

Three years ago... (So what if I said I'm not a timekeeper? Leave me alone.)

The spiky-haired marine commodore stomped his foot at attention and saluted his senior officer with a respectful "Yes, sir!" before exiting the office.

A blonde rear admiral stood outside leaning against the wall with her arms folded and her golden eyes closed. A glib smile curved her small mouth. "Since when did you turn into a sycophant, Aka-chan. Being a yes-man isn't like you."

The two marines started down the wooden corridor. The square windows looked out at hundreds of incomplete constructions. Marineford had yet to recover fully from the final battle of the Conqueror's War. As eager as Acacia was to fight evil bastards, he was thankful that he was stationed elsewhere during that cataclysmic battle.

"I don't have a choice but to kiss ass if I'm gonna keep up with you. Seriously, are you sure you aren't seducing the admiralty to get promoted?" Briar knew he didn't mean it, but still, she didn't spare this opportunity to loop her arm around his neck and grind her knuckles into his head.

"Ow, ow, ow! Careful, all that seducing will have gone to waste if someone sees you bullying a fellow officer." Briar released him from the chokehold, but not before nearly pinching his ear off.

"I outrank you. Being able to bully my subordinates is just one of those perks that come with my rank. Besides, I bet some of the perverts here would pay money to watch me bully you."

Acacia giggled and soothed his red-as-a-beet earlobe. The pair turned to a corridor and descended a winding staircase leading to the base's exit.

"At the rate that you're climbing ranks, I really won't be able to catch up, y'know?" Acacia's playful smile had faded.

Briar stopped and turned to her junior officer, mesmerising him—as she often did—with her deep hazel eyes. "There is a simple answer for why you can't keep up. You don't have a purpose, Aka-chan. The only reason why you want to become an admiral is because I want to. That's not enough. I really hope that you find your own reason to fight one day."

Presently...

Bonbon X had arrived - the term "circus" was truly fitting for this bunch. A flamboyant fishman, a furry beast, a monstrous thing (what the hell even is he?)... three brats, a pair of twins, a princess, and a prince... This oughta be fun.

"Ehhhh, so these two are the newbies. How boring. No thank you," said the chestnut-haired little urchin. He sat royally atop the broad shoulder of the skull-masked creature.

"Now, now, Cherry-kun. Please do not be unkind to our new friends." The purple-skinned creature's mellow voice contradicted every bit of his terrifying appearance. He cautiously offloaded the little brat onto the rocky ground as if he were an expensive toy being returned to its box upon a parent's command.

Cherry snappily added to his earlier rejection while pointing at the shorter of the two strangers. "That man's hair looks like a plate full of potato fries."

His finger then aimed at Acacia. "And I don't like the look on his face. He looks like a serial killer. Or a terrorist. Or both."

Angry veins threatened to pop on Acacia's forehead as his fists clenched. Garland placed a calming hand on the ill-tempered revolutionary's shoulder before he retorted. "That's enough, Cherry. This terrorist serial killer is going to be your first mate, you know?"

Judging by their shocked expressions, this information was news for the Bonbon X. "Are you kidding me?! You can't just throw in some random guy into our crew and expect us to lick his boots! I would accept Becker as our first mate before this loser. I, for one, w--"

A blood-curdling roar of some beast in the distance interrupted Cherry's complaint. The sounds of cannon fire had submersed the other side of the island for the past hour or so.

"The battle seems to be heating up. We don't have much time to waste. Hurry up and make your introductions so that we can get started on our mission," Garland urged.

With a deep inhale, Acacia stepped in front of Bonbon X and bowed like a transfer student introducing himself to his new classmates. "My name is Acacia. Please take care of me." His words were terse and emotionless as if he were reciting a memorised greeting. The tone only provoked Cherry into mocking him with a "hmph".

Garland waited for everyone to introduce themselves before continuing. "Ronx, Becker, it doesn't look like you left anyone to watch the ship. I was informed that you had a prisoner on board not long ago." The general allowed them to justify their decision (or forgetfulness) before shrugging.

"Doesn't matter now. Alright, Bonbon X, here's our mission. Price was very confident that the Reverie's location change was a ruse, and that it is, in fact, still being held at Mariejois. But, he insisted that there is a Cipher Pol VIP at this base that might help us understand why the NRA was blamed for the incident at Lumina bridge." He paused, moving the orange scarf around his neck to a more comfortable position.

"The navy will be distracted by the pirate assault. We will be using that to sneak in (though I might be expecting too much here). Once we're closer to the base, we'll split up into smaller groups and search for the VIP. We don't know who exactly we're looking for, so you may need to use some of your brilliant deductive skills - or your advanced interrogation skills; I leave that to your discretion." Garland tucked a few beige locks behind his ear and spun around on one foot, starting the trek towards the Las Camp base. Acacia followed without any questions or complaints.

tags: @Baltroy @Howai @Zenitsu
notes: I'm a mochine.

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
[tracker=/t544-anton-la-croix#2124]
Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
Faction : Marine
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Crew Role : Captain
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 1,472,069,543
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[bookworm]][[childofdestiny]]
[[berryprinter]][[punchoutguru]]

Turf : [turf="/t299-turf-details-minion-island#1113"]Minion Island[/turf]

[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways - Page 2 Empty Re: [World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:53 am
Everything had exploded into absolutely chaos. Granted, this was a battle, no, more like a war, between one of the most powerful pirate crews on the open seas. But still, it was nothing Anton had ever faced before. The cannons were firing on both sides, pirates were now swarming the docks and engaging the marines head on, and to top it all off, Anton had gotten separated from Celia during the chaos. Normally, Anton would be screaming his head off in a blind panic, but this level of fear seemed to go beyond that. His mind was geared straight onto survival.

To make things a little bit more complicated, Anton was currently in his hybrid form, swinging at any pirate that got close. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, but when one is fighting a bunch of Mink pirates, especially in this sort of chaos, a zoan devil fruit user had the unfortunate tendency to be confused with the enemy. The end result was Anton having to deliver a few kicks to his fellow marines, who got too close and mistook him for one of the pirates. Needless to say, this extra level of thread was NOT helping Anton's psych at all. But the strange thing was, Anton wasn't screaming during all this. Oh, his eyes were bugging out of his head, and he looked like he was close to having a heart attack, but he was completely silent as he fought his way through the crowd. He wasn't heading in any direction. He was just trying to get out of this madness alive.

He wasn't even sure how long the fighting had been going on for. It seemed to stretch out for an eternity, yet very little time had passed at all. When he wasn't screaming and flailing around like a madman, Anton actually proved to be a small force to be reckoned with. Pirates were starting to give him a little bit of breathing room, and the marines were at least able to take a little bit to realize Anton was on their side. This brief little reprise allowed Anton to at least look around, try to put his thoughts together, and try to figure out what to do next.

“Let’s get Rowdy!”

Anton's eyes turned over to see a young woman in blue charging towards the marines. For a brief moment, there was a flash of recognition. He hadn't met her before, but he had seen her. On a wanted poster. What was her name? Anton couldn't take the time to remember. All he knew was that she was a pirate, a dangerous one. At least now, Anton had someone to focus on.

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!" Anton shouted out, kicking off of the ground and shooting towards the charging young woman. He was a marine. He was here to fight pirates. And as much as he hated the job, he was going to do it.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:56 pm
Group Declaration:

Issen Hachiyo, in his short career as a marine, was woefully under prepared for the magnitude of the catastrophe at hand. He swung down Deviant against another cutlass in the sea of steel and flesh. It wasn't the first time that his attack had come out haphazardly and with reckless abandon. The attach rang like a bell in a tower, instantly lost with so many other sounds etched into Issen's perfect memory.

Every pistol fired, blood spilled and war cry let loose shot through his ears and stayed between them forever. Never before had Issen's senses come under such ungodly assault. They each pulled him away from the enemy's sword.

The assault on his ears was nothing compared to the maelstrom erupting in the plaza. The scene was so far removed from the Gentle Justice of Issen's daydreams, yet there was so little Issen could do about it. He was helpless. A rock under the pressure of a river gushing in the from the ocean. He couldn't stand it. Issen desperately needed breath.

"Brilliant Daydream Charge!"

In a panic, Issen thrust himself against the river's flow of enemies. The sword struck the backs and arms of a dozen or so enemies in a flash. Crippled or incapacitated, the rush of enemies flushed out of the clearing. A bit quieter, a bit softer, a bit less suffocating, Issen felt himself breathe again for a moment. But, it was only a moment.

Marine and pirate alike spilled into the gaps, and again Issen was thrust into an unforgiving fray of fighting.

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:22 am
Group Declaration:

occulte à la carte
Sea winds were favorable, but not to the defenders of Justice for this hour. Marine ships were overrun as pirates swarmed them by way of cannonfire and, when the size differences were lopsided enough, simply smashing through them, staining the ocean with blood and bits of broken plank. The marines’ upper brass might record the event as a valiant defense against a behemothic enemy. Laurel only saw an unmitigated slaughter.

Making landfall took significantly less time than expected, and as such, much of the true chaos was expedited as well. Instead of landing directly in the Las Camp harbor—or rather, because the Xu Fu was too big for it, and Laurel had no appetite to compete with other ships for space—they were docked some ninety meters away, where everything could still be closely monitored, and those less capable of combat could still provide support through the ship’s cannons.

The plan was simple. Laurel’s crew was to scout, and skirmish, and infiltrate. Find chinks in the armored fortress to take advantage of, and keep the marines too distracted to find out about it. If they could find anything of value and take it with them, they could have it. Laurel had to give the Feral Pirates credit where it was due; they had done their research, and assigned them a task worthy of their skills.

It was also around that same time the Xu Fu took note that one individual, presumably more hired muscle, was barreling through the ranks of pirate and marine alike like a stampeding bull, but too far away to catch any details.

That was also why she urged her crew to remain vigilant and to refrain from drawing too much attention to themselves. Those out for Blood for the Blood God and Skulls for the Skull Throne would get their wish in spades. Managing all of this was Whisper. Not only was she the only other crew member in the Xu Fu with any prior experience as a captain, but she and her henchmen had braved the New World in the past, and they were more than capable of handling the chaos in Laurel’s absence, especially the Twin Pups, who looked excited at the prospect of firing the cannons after Whiskeyjack had taught them the proper use and maintenance. Sado, meanwhile, had special permission to invoke Darling’s name if she made any attempt to sabotage the operation. Sleepy was still Sleepy.

Laurel would summon Mazin, the last crewmate accounted for, and take him with her to the mainland, effortlessly dodging stray bullets as they flew through the air with the help of their respective Devil Fruits. It hardly took a minute before they reached the harbor proper, where they swooped down on unsuspecting marines like hawks catching their prey, knocking them out before they could even make a sound.

Over in the short distance, Laurel noticed a well-dressed man who paid only cursory attention to the carnage that unfolded, instead looking over the wounded it left in its wake. Whether he was a medic or a looter—or both—she could not say or judge. Whatever the answer, discretion was the better part of valor, and he appeared to be a man who knew this well. She nodded in understanding, turning back to Mazin, and to her duties.

“According to the map visual Panther Lily shared with us, there are quite a number of flanking towers here,” Laurel said, craning her neck with a hand over her eyes. “It’s impressive, really. Almost like a castle. And any castle worth its salt is sure to have wards, and with them, corridors that will expedite travel for those inside. It’s just a matter of—”

“BWAH! I-It's her! The Hundred-Faced Supernova!”

Laurel looked to her right to a group of three Marines, their rifles pointed at her and Mazin, aim unsteady, brows sweating. Past them stood an open doorway peering inside to what appeared to be a mess hall, but likely went deeper.

“Well, that was easy,” Laurel said.

“Calm yourselves, ensigns!” one of them barked, hiding his worry underneath a sneer. Laurel glanced at the insignia emblazoned on his uniform’s shoulders; he was a lieutenant, and judging by his youthful age and proud defiance, the promotion was recent. Few things were more insufferable than authority drunk on power. “If you actually did your research you’d know these ones don’t like violence.”

“But sir, then why are they here?”

“Shut up! Just follow my orders and we can take the old biddy down, and shorty here with her!”

The ensigns suddenly grew deathly pale. One was about ready to faint. The lieutenant’s words were not just a violation of common decency, but also of common sense. When he stopped giving his subordinates confused looks and turned around, he realized, too late, the severity of his faux pas.

“Hammer time,” Laurel stated, and a brightly-colored, giant toy hammer crashed down on the lieutenant like a judge’s gavel, embedding his face into the ground, knocking him out cold. Mazin had disappeared, or so it seemed; in fact, he was now inside the hammer, swapping between light and heavy weights on his captain’s verbal commands, holes poked through the hollow inside of the hammer so he could breathe. The ensigns dropped their rifles as they looked on with terror, eyes popping out and jaws agape.

“Get in line, boys,” she continued, smiling prettily as she repeatedly tapped the hammer’s shaft over her palm. “It seems your disciplinary training could use some refinement.”

“WE DIDN’T EVEN SAY ANYTHING—!!!”

The only thing Mazin would hear were the screams of the marines as they were both swatted away—or maybe more accurately, catapulted away—with an accompanying “ahh hoo hoo hooey” and “aaauuugh” from one marine or another that only rapidly grew more distant.

“Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for any signs of a vault or treasury,” Laurel said shortly after as the pair walked into the hall the three marines had came out of. “Even if they’ve already thought to move their valuables someplace else, we can still catch up with them and make off with a good heist.”

Laurel took a better look at the hallway. As to be expected, there was indeed a corridor leading further inside, probably leading to other sections of the base. She could sense other presences, too—some exceptionally strong—but for now, she chose to ignore them.
[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways - Page 2 Tg4Ok47

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Emi Roromiya
Emi Roromiya
[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways - Page 2 CHwDBFC
[tracker=/t1015-emi-roromiya#4973]
Name : Emi Roromiya
Epithet : Smiling Slayer
Height : 5'5"
Weight : 130 lbs
Faction : Pirate
World Position : N/A
Crew : Meddling Kids
Ship : The Scorned Lady
Crew Role : Navigator/ First Mate
Devil Fruit : N/A
Bounty : [ber=r] 31,600,000
Balance : [ber] 22,050,000

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:23 pm
@Miku E. Sato , @Anton La'croix
I had fun writing this
Prove yourself and RISE RISE

"Aaaaaaaannnnddd done~!" The sound of Emi's voice as she completed her map would be drowned out by the sound of cannon fire. She didn't seem to mind that no one had heard her exclamation. She looked it over one last time very intently as she made sure that everything was absolutely correct. If they had to leave without herself and the captain, they would need to be able to reach home without any difficulties. As the navigator for the small group, if she couldn't achieve this very task then they might as well find them someone better to be their navigator.

Once her investigation was complete, she would deliver the map to Kon with a hop in her step and the same ol' grin on her face. She made sure to give him very specific instructions when it came to navigating them out of this mass of chaos. She knew they would be fine but she also knew that they wouldn't have to leave without the two of them. This was only in the most extreme case that they didn't make it back in time but Emi knew that they would. Sometimes she seemed more like a cheerleader than the swordswoman that she was well-known as among the crew. This didn't seem to bother her.

The green-haired girl made her way to stand next to Miku as she looked out over the chaos that was the harbor. The closer they got to the docks and land the more excited she got. She had been itching for a good fight especially since they had been completely dominated back in the South Blue. This was a place where she could start to prove herself and get some training in against some people who were more her size. She didn't even mind that they had gotten the smackdown by a yonkou but instead saw it as a way to improve. It proved that she wasn't much more than a gnat to the big guns. She wanted to be called the best swordswoman in the world and she had a lot to work up to.

Emi didn't even hesitate when Miku yelled out for them to get going and she happily followed her captain to the side of the ship. Once she got to the side, she launched herself much like her captain had but instead of simply landing, she did a flip in the air before landing on the pier. "I'll give you 6 points for style, Cap'n. You could have done a more stylish landing. Gotta do something that'll make'em remember you." She sounded like she was scolding her captain but it was all in pure fun, which could easily be depicted by the smile on her face. Well, besides the fact that she almost always smiled but that was beside the point.

"Awww. What? Cap'n that's no fair! You got a head start!" Although she whined about Miku getting a point upon her in their now little competition to see who could beat the most marines, she was plenty excited about their little game. It would be interesting to see who could beat the most marines out of the two of them. Emi looked around trying to find a marine that she could square up against and get her points evened up with the captain of the Meddling Kids. She reached for her two blades and removed them from their sheaths adding a dramatic little spin to the motion. She didn't hesitate to follow Miku as she ran off the dock and onto the proper land where the real fight would begin.

The young swordswoman found a target upon reaching the land and that ever prominent grin grew wider. She almost beelined for the poor marine and as he watched her movement he seemed to still be confident in his abilities. The look on his face made her only want to beat him up more as it was the look of someone looking down on a girl. She felt as if it was always silly when people did that. As she got closer, she sent a kick to the simple marine's shin and as he yelped out in pain she sent a slash down his front. Now he had three things to cry about.

"We're even now cap'n!" Emi hollered at her captain with a sly grin on her face. She was going to try to keep up with her captain as best as she could considering she knew all too well that Miku was stronger than her. She hadn't missed when she had yelled out to get rowdy but she didn't comment towards it because it didn't sound silly to her. However, it would seem that another marine didn't miss her yell either and would come to crash their party. "Whoa! Didn't you know its rude to yell at a girl? Also, it's rude to interrupt a conversation! And it's rude to ruin our competition!" As she yelled these words, she made her way back to her captain with hast holding her katanas in a menacing manner or rather as menacing as she could be considering her grin.

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Make'em remember you, RISE

coded by heroin of gs and adox

Last edited by Emi Roromiya on Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:09 pm

OOC: (-eh is a cough; -ee is a weeze)

The thunderous uproar from the iron clunker's colorful cast of carnival freaks brought about an uneasy feeling for any fodder whom hadn't encountered the sheer madness that the crew was known to incite. Rightly so, for there were nightmares aboard the vessel that many up-and-coming individuals could never fathom. Not truly. These marines...these....bastions of justice. They proved to be of little importance to the man known as Brood X. Bach.

These...individuals were little more than a footnote, to be exterminated at the behest of their betters. Yet, few of them were noteworthy to the man whose gaze reached to the shoreline. He could point out several, stronger, individuals. Ones that would likely cause his compatriots a hint of trouble. Brood thought to himself for a moment, contemplating the sweet carnage that would unfold before his very eyes. Ruin would befall all sides of this conflict. As it should be. As he grew stronger, his sugar powers began to overcome the more simple aspects of his body. Such as his exquisite aroma.

All that mattered to the vile captain now was the end. That sweet release found only from freeing these poor souls from their mortal coil. He would have a taste of their pain and misery before this day was over. He would make sure of that. He could barely contain the smile that was etched across his face now. That scars underneath his eyes were practically convulsing with utter bliss. To rend and tear flesh on such a scale...it would prove to be the highlight of his evening. He'd make his enemies as shredded as his vocal cords.

With his eyes trained on the figures before him, the male spoke calmly and softly for a moment, perhaps too softly for anyone to hear properly. "G-ee-umball...."  He waited for his men to act, yet they never did. A vein would appear on his forehead, showcasing the fullness of his rage. His voice straining due to his being a literal man of sugar. "GUMB-EH-BALL!!!!"  He exclaimed with an booming, bestial, bellow. A war-like cry that whipped up his crew-mates into a blood curdling frenzy. Madness suck in, and immediately those carnival-like pirates acted.

It only took a few moments before everything was ready, as their behemoth of a clunker lazily drifted towards Las Camp. A singular canon was moved from a locked pair of double doors and placed directly on the bow of the ship, moved into place of where the bowsprit of normal ships would traditionally be located. Aiming the canon towards the island, the men cheered and jeered, clinking their flagons together as they readied themselves for the carnage that would soon ensue.

Brood would reach outwards and extend his hand to the crew in quite the flashy manner, where two scullery maids would approach him in haste and hand him a long, robust, and solid cane-like staff in both the shape and color of a candy cane. Gripping the object in his hand, he'd place a solitary foot on the butt of the cannon. raising himself up while looking towards Wren briefly. "Iiit is time, little monst-eh-ster. You make your name here-eh. Finally, they will kn-ee-ow."  He sounded rather...excited? Despite his coughing between his pauses.

To any whom knew of his preference towards the smallest member of his crew, it was clear that little monster referred to the Tontatta. She was his to become his second in command. They had lost so many members due to their travels in the so-called Paradise that it would be heart-wrenching for a weaker man. But this was a good way to recruit more pirates into the crew. To strengthen where there was weakness. With so few of his commanders left, he had to push forward. Regardless. He felt his voice straining due to his generating a great deal of sugar in preparation for this...slaughter.

He'd swing his hands behind his back casually, grasping the wrist of his hand which held his staff. Moving towards the tip of the vibrantly designed cannon, he would wait a moment as the crew lit the fuse, counting down aloud as they continued their uproar. The moment they would exclaim zero, the male would step off the tip of the cannon and right onto a massive white, spherical projectile that would launch itself at great force and speed towards the island. Yet, he seemed to attach to it perfectly.

The reason for this was simple. That projectile was none other than a literal condensed orb of hardened sugar. A "Gumball" as he called it. Since it was made of sugar but was proportionally as dense as a cannonball, it was as devastating as an actual shot from a cannon. Though he was able to ride atop of it due to the small spikes he created at the bottom of his shoes using his sugary powers. Allowing the man to ling to the projectile as it flew through the air. Blowing his hair back.

He stood at attention the entire time. Surveying the area s it grew closer to his face and upon approaching the key destination he would bend his knees and shove downwards with all of the force he could muster, sending himself high into the air while changing the trajectory of the sugary cannonball. Causing it smash into a crowd of marine soldiers below and scattering their bodies like a pile of ants hit by a basketball. He'd soar further, before landing nearby another supernova.

He didn't notice the man at first, given that the pair was far enough away from each other that they didn't have to immediately interact. Brood would have several more veins showcase on his forehead for a moment as small orbs of whiteness formed on his body. Immediately and without rhyme or reason, they would fire out of his pores towards the marines nearby, piercing into them easily like actual bullets from a pistol. It was some sort of generic attack for Brood. One he utilized often.

The veins on his forehead extrapolated one more as he coughed, much like a certain star-wars cybernetic general, blinking as his strained voice spoke out. ""Wren....get your a-ee-ss into grear!!"  He turned to see some generic non-jacket having garbage rush him for a brief moment. Pathetic. He turned to face the saber-wielding grunt and pressed off the ground with the tips of his toes, slamming the toe-portion of his boot into the male's jaw at great speeds. Sending him flying.

"....."  He heard...something. Something large. Turning back to see the distance between both himself and the Lightning boy, he could see something off in the distance...Was that a...dinosaur? He thought to himself hard for a moment. "Zoan...."  He'd peer over towards Wren and spoke to her candidly. "Keep the mar-ee-ines out of this-eh..."  In a flash he was gone, standing atop the nearest building to get a better look at the dinosaur fuck. Screaming out towards the man as sugar poured out of his mouth like a faucet.

The reason for this, was so that he could speak normally as he reabsorbed any of the lost sugar that was now spilling out of his mouth like a water-fall. "Oi! Bring your big ass over here, Iron Beast!!"  He called out with pure malice in every ounce of the venom that seeped from his lips. He reached up with his free hand, unzipping his coat and tossing it to the wind, showing off his dark purple body suit and the musculature that made up his body. He was ready to fight. With his hand behind his back, staff pointed upwards behind him. He prepared himself.

Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:17 am

Don't cause a scene~!

“Do you even know where to go, midget?” grumbled Becker as the crew trekked up a sandy hill.

He had one hand rested on the hilt of his sword and the other clasped tightly around the back of Ronx’s collar. The commander’s moment of unexpected leadership had been quickly abridged when he had attempted to pull his cart out of the water and tow it with them, an act not a single Bonbon was going to allow.

“I’ll get you a new one!” Freya had snapped as he and his brother had tried to wrestle their vexingly agile captain away from the dock, where the poor, weathered cart was bubbling mournfully as it sank beneath the water.

“It was shabby and it was only supposed to last us that one trip anyway!” barked Friday, tugging his mantle roughly.

“Nooo! I like that one!” howled Ronx in dismay.

He struggled against the twins, his fingers flayed as they reached desperately and fruitlessly for the sinking cart. The shabby vehicle that had loyally served the revolutionary through countless ordeals let out a final grief-stricken whine, before its life finally expired.

Crushed, Ronx let out a howl of anguish and with the object of their nuisance defeated, the twins abruptly released him. Ronx fell prostrate to the ground, his face buried in his arms as he wailed, wept and wallowed.

The scene was tragic. It was heart-rendering. Oh, how cruel this mission was already coming to be! To think the crew would already be suffering from a casualty when the day was still so young. Ronx might have continued to mourn the entire crisis at Las Camp away if Becker hadn’t sighed and delivered a well-practiced, brain-rattling blow to the blonde’s head.

Presently, the fanciful fishman and arguably de facto leader of the group hauled the moping muppet-head unsympathetically along their path, his package having yet to cease his soulful sobbing. Ahead, Oliver was marching doggedly on and with overflowing purpose. Becker’s earlier question had been promptly ignored, a surprise in itself, given that the “midget” rarely ever failed to rise to a prevocational jab at her height.

Meanwhile, Cherry had quickly gotten quite fed up with the walk and had complained incessantly until Fable scooped him onto his shoulder. The twins bantered back and forth with one another, staying close to the little chef’s side in an almost protective manner, but this certainly didn’t stop them from making a few flirtatious comments.

It seemed the only member of the Bonbon X who wasn’t causing a scene and actually seeming to be participating in the covert part of the mission was Rozene, who took up the rear as usual.

“I don’t see why we need two more members when the NRA only just sent Freya and Friday,” grumbling Cherry. Without needing to walk anymore, he was now bored and had taken up his gripe again.

“I can’t wait to see what dunces they send,” chortled Freya crassly. “That’s why they sent us and the midget, anyway.”

“You wanna know what the Bonbon X’s reputation was when we left?” asked Friday, grinning mischievously. “You’re basically the cute, fluffy and entirely harmless mascots of the NRA!”

The twins dissolved into a fit of childish giggles, before Antoinette rammed the base of her parasol into their heads.

“I’ll send you both straight back to the Hatch if the two of you can’t behave,” she snapped, clearly still in a foul mood from their early mode of transport.

“You think you could make us?” growled Freya as two sets of identical glares turned on her simultaneously.

“All of you, be quiet,” snarled Becker. “We’re here.”

The group lapsed into temporary silence (minus Ronx’s ongoing lamentations) as they filed into a haphazardly drawn line in front of the three figures awaiting at the top of the hill. Their eyes only swept briefly over Garland, their interest completely focused upon the new faces soon to become their crewmates. Cherry was the first to speak up and there was no agreement from the rest, but given their unusual silence, he seemed to speak for the crew.

Fable politely spoke up in the strangers’ defence, but no one else seemed willing to offer the same courtesy. Antoinette glared, the twins glanced boredly off to the horizon and Rozene’s fangs were bared slightly in a distrustful and unwelcoming half-smile. Despite the crew’s tendency to bicker among themselves, this was their true nature: sceptical, wary and united before those they hadn’t yet recognised to be part of their own.

As Garland reprimanded the boy, Becker, having noticed the crew’s immediate shift in mood from sporadic squabbles to silent suspicion, exhaled in exasperation and promptly flung Ronx onto the line between the two distinct group. Cherry pouted and seemed ready to retort, but decided against it in favour of kicking Ronx in the stomach.

“Get up and greet the newbies, Captain,” he snarled dryly. “And our First-Mate.”

The revolutionary’s sniffling stopped for a moment, before a long whimper wormed out. However, when he stumbled to his feet, his expression was now completely clear of his losses and a beaming smile was plastered on his face.

He turned his gaze curiously to the other group, his smile further brightening to see Garland. He might have rushed to the older man for an affectionate hug if Acacia’s abrupt introduction hadn’t drawn his attention away.

“I see, so you’re the new first-mate,” commented Ronx, grinning. “You’re going to become the person I trust most! Nice to meet you, my name is Ronx! And nice to meet you too, Mr. Sparrow!" He glanced affectionately across to the young blonde who had a brown sparrow perched atop his head, before turning to the rest of his crew. "Everyone, let’s get along!”

There was unanimous grumbling from the crew, but when Becker took a step forward and gruffly introduced himself, they were quieted into restless mumbles. One by one, starting with Fable and ending with Rozene, the crew gave their strained introductions. When Garland untimely questioned them on the meagre defences left on the Wonderland Hatch, the crew exchanged uneasy glances.

“Well...I’m sure the ship will be fine without us,” said Becker gruffly, his shifty gaze clearly hoping to shut the line of questioning down without being pushed further.

Buried far within the deepest level of the floating prison called the Wonderland Hatch, a roar filled with rage echoed. “Ronx! Stop playing around and let me out, you bastard!!”

The iron door holding Bonbon X’s first prisoner, Commander Kyor of the marines, rattled dangerously as the captive’s heavy fists pounded into it. With the sentries occupied elsewhere, the marine was making decent work against the cell and within a matter of minutes, the door flew off its hinges and dropped to the floor with a resounding boom.

From the cloud of dust that swooped up, a short, ragged figure stepped out, heaving like a bull. A crimson glare flashed from the gloom and when the dust fell away, a head of wild black curls turned from one side to the other, swiftly surveying the area. He stood frozen in place for a moment, as though uncertain of whether he could trust the silence.

Cautiously, the marine took a step forward and before long, he was racing along the corridors, in search of escape and ultimate freedom. He turned one corner and came to a screeching halt, but was too late. In front of him was a short, stout elderly man who was balancing a wooden tray with tea and sweets for two on his rounded belly.

He flailed his arms with a scream as Kyor came crashing into him, the tray flying up into the air with its contents. There was a great din as the two bodies tumbled gracelessly to the ground, cups of boiling water and plate of dangos careening after them.

“Oh no!” cried the elderly man, scrambling to collect the broken fragments of the teacups. He had an expression of somber and grief, as though the items of loss had been of immense value. “All that wasted tea...” He then glanced up with surprise to see the prisoner. “Now, now, what are you doing out of your cell? You should know better than to be wandering around!”

He quickly clambered to his feet, pulling Kyor along with him. He now had an expression of a scolding professor.

“Who are you?” spluttered Kyor, feeling helpless against the elder’s surprisingly iron grip.

“Here, if you want to stretch your limbs, come to the common room,” the elder said, ignoring the question and dragging the prisoner, proceeded to then plop him down onto a pile of cushions. “What should we do now?”

“I’m getting out of here!” shouted Kyor, leaping to his feet.

Unfazed, the elder grabbed him by the collar and fell to a seated position with his legs crossed. Kyor exclaimed as he fell with him and found himself kneeling with his face planted against the floor in front of the elder. He peered up at the elder’s face as he stared expressionlessly back.

This old man looks familiar... the thought flashed across Kyor’s mind, but then the elder broke out into a radiant smile and released his hold on him.

“Would you like to see me juggle?” he asked unexpectedly, smacking his stomach like a drum. “I’m actually pretty good!”

“Wait!” said Kyor, an expression of recognition slowly filling his face. “You’re the NRA’s Dragon of the West! Don Mushi!

“So…” asked the NRA general, tilting his head as his face formed into a look of questioning. “Yes to seeing me juggle?”

Kyor’s sighed and his shoulders slumped as he resigned himself to defeat.

cait at btn

TRACKERS:
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:13 am
((I'll be joining Miku's group))

Laguna, after having gotten in to the island a bit, was able to enjoy some time to herself, even in this tense situation. True to the weirdness of people of this world, Laguna tended to not notice when even the worst of times were upon the area, ever blissful in her selfish pursuit of her own sense of self expression and peace. Of course, she was going to get wrapped up in something knowing her tremendous luck.

Of course, she would eventually find herself something, or rather, someone, in the midst of a battle. A battle that was kicking off while Laguna was busy fuming like a brat over her living situation. She didn't want to be this avatar of a legend, the next in the line to be a fearsome person, she wanted to be her own person, she wanted to do her art, she wanted to write. SHe wanted to be, just, Laguna Kara Marie... But, she was bound, at least for the time being, to secrecy, duty, and honor to become the next Kraken. Feh. Fie. Foo. And FUM on that! She bellowed to herself while already being distracted from the fight that was taking place.

She wasn't some grand pirate, she wasn't some decorated militant, she wasn't some rebellious upstart on the set to be throwing over a government. SHe was just Laguna, and here she was, getting wrapped up in to a war by means of crossfire and people striking out at her for being on the street and in the open. Whoever it was that attacked her would be met with her dipping to the left, looking to draw that weapon of hers amidst the chaos and strike the single entity coming her way down with a pivot about on the heel of one foot and the ball of the other, bringing the blunt wooden end of her spear brush down on to the back of the neck of her would be attacker.

After that was settled, it would be then that she noticed the fighting, yes, she had gone this far in to a potential war zone, being an introverted "i'm fourteen years old and that's deep" thinking kind of person over the existential crisis she was having with her psyche, if there even was any to have at this point!

"Ah veemo and glub...Why the hell do I always get wrapped up in these kinds of things?" She balked out loud while readying herself. She had to get back to her ship, but it seemed she would have to fight her way to it!
Maxwell
Maxwell
[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways - Page 2 Vk6odI4
[tracker=/t139-richard-maxwell#516]
Name : Richard Maxwell
Epithet : Plague Rat
Height : 6'0" / 183 cm
Weight : 160 lbs. / 73 kg
World Position : Supernova
Bounty : [bel=r] 243,000,000
Quality Score : S+
Income Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Shop Discount : -10%
Balance : [bel] 1,217,129,125
[[bookworm]][[firstaidkit]][[berryprinter]]
[[identitytheft]][[identitytheft]][[improviseadaptovercome]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:25 am
Chaos breaking out had never been a question of if... Only when. Cannon fire hammered the pirate ships relentlessly. By comparison, the old merchant ship with its meager cannons seemed tiny in comparison. Comically so. Each barrage punched a couple more holes through the hull. The beaten vessel was drinking deep of each wave. In response, the grizzled captain bellowed out commands. Half of the crew would stay to keep the ship afloat. His command to give ‘em hell was met with roaring agreement. The other half would join him on rowboats and take the battle to land. Immediately the most eager cutthroats rushed to the boats, cramming as many able bodied fighters in each one as humanly possible. And then a couple extra just to tempt fate.

Meanwhile, Richard wasted no hopping aboard the lifeboat the captain chose. He faced his rowdy crew with an encouraging smile. “No worries, my friends. I’m here to keep everyone alive.” ...Not to mention it was much better to be a small moving target than a big sinking one. For once, Lady Luck smiled on the cowardly crook. ...Or maybe she just had something worse in store. Either way, the feeble boat defied the odds and made it to the shore in one piece.

The harbor was quickly turning into a messy battlefield. Bullets whizzed through the air. Explosions rocked the ground. And some maniacs rushed into the fray with blades drawn. It was no wonder that one of the mercenaries already got shot. Unfortunate, but not exactly unexpected. Luckily for the poor fellow, Richard was quick on his feet. The young, scraggly-haired man had barely hit the ground and cried out when the medic was already by his side. First things first, was he conscious and breathing? Well, judging by the screaming, yes. Yes, he was.

Richard ripped the bloodstained clothing aside. “Stay with me, my friend. What is your name?” While the youngster wheezed something resembling Rene, the doctor quickly checked the wound he was so desperately clutching. Two holes in the gut. A poor place for bullets, but it could’ve been far worse. One hand applied pressure, while the other lifted four fingers. “How many fingers am I holding up?” Between the tears, the boy squinted and grunted something close enough to the correct number. The final question came with similar swiftness. “Where do you keep your wallet?” Rene stopped sobbing and stared at the doctor. “...What?” The doctor stared back. “What?” He hurried to wave aside any suspicion with professional calmness. “This is all important, see? Trust me.” Because if you can’t trust your doctor, then who can you trust?

Soon a scream pierced the air. ...And another followed. The doctor set the bloodied bullets aside and quickly wiped his scalpel. Not the most hygienic operating room, but it would have to do. After a quick round of stitching and bandaging -and an encouraging pat on the shoulder of course- the wounded fighter was pulled back onto his feet. He charged right back into the fray with the power of painkillers. Richard, meanwhile, pocketed the new wallet he had... come across... and skulked the other way. His entire plan was to stay out of sight and out of trouble.

And it seemed great minds do indeed think alike...

While creeping past the carnage, the cowardly criminal spotted a whole bunch of Marines soaring across the air. His quizzical stare drifted towards one of the many mighty structures and found an open door. More importantly, a figure in a distinctly non-marine state of dress slipped inside. He scurried closer -stepping over an unconscious marine sprawled on the ground- and carefully peered through through the doorway. His ears twitched, so sure they caught the words ‘treasury’ and ‘valuables’. A look to the right, a glance to the left... And inside he went.

Soon, a particularly nervous presence tailed behind the Hundred-Faced Supernova and her ally. One more pair of footsteps, light and quiet, tried to blend in with the other noises. Whenever the two leading the way stopped, so did the steps. And when they moved, so did their shadow. Always one corner, one open door or one conveniently placed barrel behind... Richard leaned against the aforementioned barrel, clutching the suitcase against his chest. Okay, in hindsight this was a terrible hiding spot, but he had panicked. Was his heartbeat too loud? It felt too loud. Some part of him dreaded the tension so much that he wondered if he should simply reveal himself now and deal with the aftermath. But what would he even tell them? Oh, don’t mind me. I’m just trying to stay alive. Ehhh... Maybe not.

GROUP DECLARATION:
COMBAT TRACKERS:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:37 am

THAT'S RIGHT

I'M TALKING TO YOU.

BLACKBELL A. WREN

Group Declaration:

Wren’s body swung from side to side as though she were moving to a jaunty tune and she hummed a melody that certainly didn’t bear any rhythm, but was perky enough to make up for its lack of reason. A perfect theme song for the bell-sized psycho-pirate.

She giggled as her captain addressed her with her affectionate nickname and she tugged on his earlobe to draw his attention to her outfit. As he glanced at her briefly, she grabbed her red nose and honked it, before dissolving into another fit of chiming laughter.

“Cap’n, let’s kill a lot, okay?” she asked, tilting her head sweetly.

Her voice was like the sound of gentle wind chimes and her laughter was an almost refreshing harmony to the horde of pirates aboard the Big Time. It was a special delight when the words she spoke resonated so well with their crew’s motif.

“I want to have thiiis much fun!” she said brightly.

She spread her arms out wide, as though she were reaching for a giant hug; it was a motion she must have thought couldn’t be contradicted by her size. A few nearby Prime Pirates chuckled at her charming demeanour and she turned her sparkling eyes on them, grinning widely.

As her captain moved to step atop the giant cannon the grunts had heaved onto the ship’s bow, Wren scrambled onto her feet excitedly, balancing on Brood’s shoulder with the delicate grace of an acrobat. She gripped Brood’s cartilage, feeling giddy with anticipation as she wrapped her arms over his ear and inhaled the perfume of tooth decaying candy; a scent she had come to associate with death and destruction.

Her heart pounded as the fuse was lit and her wings buzzed heedlessly to life, as though to represent the sheer elation she was feeling.

“3!”

“2!!”

“1!!!”

“...ZERO!!!”

“Wheeeeee~~~!”

Wren let out a high-pitched scream of delight as the gumball launched across the remaining band of sea between the Big Time and the coast of Las Camp. Tears from wind-lash streamed down her face and her rosy cheeks bellowed open like a parachute as she shrieked and whooped as though she were aboard a roller-coaster. However, the ride was over all too soon and Wren was left immobilised in a daze for several moments as stars danced circles in her eyes.

She had lost her afro in the process, but she still had her red nose and given the exhilaration of the ride, she was willing to leave the afro without complaints. It wasn’t until Brood’s voice snapped at her, did she manage to shake herself out of her reverie and she donned an expression of hardened determination.

“Aye, aye, cap’in!” she declared, flexing her fists with a hmph!

Narrowing her eyes, she dug her hand into her pouch and pulled out a capsule of pink, effervescent liquid. Swirling the contents thoughtfully, she then proceeded to gulp it down. She swallowed with effort before letting out a roaring and repulsive belch. A giant stream of scorching magma-like liquid defying her thimble size flew from her mouth as pink electricity sizzled through it like a current.

She aimed the chemical concoction, decimating the two suits advancing upon them from Brood’s left. The smell of burning flesh filled the air as the officers of justice were felled, their cries of anguish sending a bone-chilling shiver of satisfaction through Wren’s body. When the last of the potion’s effects were consumed, Wren fell into a rack of coughs.

“Bleh, that was yucky!” she complained, pulling a face. “I’m going to mark that experiment as a failure.”

The same couldn’t have been said for the unfortunate grunts who were now writhing in agony. Their moans filled the air and Wren pouted with annoyance.

“Stop complaining!” she demanded imperiously, before flinging her hair back.

Her short, silver bob cut fluttered in the breeze for a moment before one half transformed into an overflow of thick locks. They cascaded down Brood’s shoulder, wriggling like a den of newborn snakes before they reared their heads simultaneously. Steeled fangs moulded from her hair glinted menacingly and the two marines froze in fear, before their screams echoed across the battlefield.

Puffing her chest, Wren crossed her arms as she observed her work with pride. Her hair slowly retracted back into her scalp, but the bloodstained ends stayed, dripping crimson liquid down her left shoulder.

Then, the ground shook, followed by a teeth-chattering, bestial roar. As the ground rocked, Wren’s footing on her captain’s shoulder became unsteady and she slipped off with a surprised squeak.

Her wings animated with a silent whirl as she tumbled in the air and she managed to straighten herself before hitting the ground. Fluttering back up to hover next to Brood, she squinted into the distance and lifted a hand to block the sun in her eyes. Catching sight of the dinosaur, she let out an amazed gasp before rendering a wave of excited slaps onto Brood.

“Can you beat that thing?” she asked eagerly, her hazel eyes shining with admiration. “Of course you can, Cap’n Brood! I’ll handle the marines properly, so bring me something to play with later!”

With the promise sealed in nothing but her shared trust in him, she darted away in the opposite direction Brood disappeared into. Now, alone, she turned to the hoard of marines steadily increasing in her captain’s wake. The marines seemed to stop for a moment, unsure of how to deal with the Supernova’s sudden replacement with a tontatta barely the size of his thumb.

Giggling, she surveyed the area before catching sight of a dark-skinned man laden so heavily in gold, his actual clothes were almost imperceptible. Beside him was a short boy wrapped in traditional garb, bearing a chilling grin and what appeared to be a third eye.

Her eyes widened with interest as she observed the dynamic between the duo and her wings quickened with her enthusiasm. For a moment, she forgot entirely about her deal with the captain and she started towards them, eager to impose an introduction upon them, when a marine let out a warcry, swinging a saber at her.

Shrieking in surprise, the blade clipped her wings and the machinery let out a feeble complaint before whirling to a stop. She dropped out of the air and screaming with frustration, Wren sank her nails into her arm, injecting a stream of concocted hormones into her body.

Within a second, she was a giant spanning a height of 10 metres and her anger was quickly replaced with a cheeky, yet strangely intimidating grin. Letting out a roar in hopes of competing with the dinosaur, she then turned her gleeful gaze down to the ant-sized marines scattered around her. Grinning impishly, she tapped her heels casually, letting out a tinkling laugh as the marines all found themselves fallen on their rumps.

Knowing the marines’ attention was now conveniently drawn away from Brood’s fight, she chose to ignore them and turned her gaze back to the two individuals who had caught her interest earlier. Relieved they had yet to leave her sight, she slowly sauntered to them. Upon closer proximity, she crouched down before them and examined them with unnerving familiarity.

“Hey, you guys don’t look like marines,” she commented cheerfully. “And you look interesting! How about being friends with me?”

TRACKERS:
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

Name : Variable
Epithet : Variable
Height : Variable
Weight : Variable
Species : Variable
Faction : Variable
Crew : Variable
Ship : Variable
Crew Role : Variable
Devil Fruit : Variable
Bounty : Variable
Balance : Variable

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:27 am

THE IRON BEAST

Like the flames of a dragon, each breath leaving the Iron Beast scorched the victims of his rampage. The Ryu Ryu no Mi user clawed, chomped, and bellowed until enemies and allies alike learned to give him a wide berth.

The Navy's sanctioned guard dog showed no mercy to those who were brave enough (though some would call it foolishness) to step under the canopy of his monstrous form. A desperate yowl burst from a future dead man (and boy was that grim future close). The Iron Beast twisted his dino-foot left and right as if he were dousing a cigarette, crushing every bone in some poor soul's body.

His pincers for jaws lifted a stray mink separated from her pack charging across the battlefield. The goat mink did not scream like the ceratosaurus' previous victim. The Feral Pirates were not known to be pushovers.

"Electro rancher!" The goat mink screeched, sparks shooting out from her bloody mocha fur.

A pained growl escaped the Iron Beast, and his jaw slacked. The Feral Pirate did not miss this chance to retreat from his clutches, her hoof-like hand gripping at the gaping gash on her stomach.

"Oh no... This ain't good," complained a marine lieutenant with a fearful glance towards the electrified dinosaur.

Rubill Silver (for those who had not been fortunate enough to get to know him yet) was a poor loser. Any opponents who freed themselves from his clutches had one-upped him. He was not the kind of man who took being one-upped in stride. His carnivorous irises flared and flickered. One could almost smell the red-haired Shichibukai's rage before it erupted.

Rubill stomped one foot forward and drummed his sabre-like blood-soaked claws on the ground. He roared once again. The spine-chilling warcry would put the fear of their gods in most anyone. Blinded by his mania, he no longer saw his victims as living creatures. Each man, woman, child, and furry was now a blob of meat for him to chew through. [ AoE Stat Morph - Song of a Wraith ]

With their retreat from the vicinity of the fuming dinosaur, the marines foreshadowed a tantrum that would likely not filter allies from enemies. Their withdrawal was wise, for Rubill next started to smash the stony street with his thick and heavy green tail. He heard a faint, hoarse voice call him out in the distance even through his mindless fury. Another fly to swat.

He speared the tip of his scaly tail into the rubble of his making, skewering a massive rock which he then whipped at his sweet taunter. This throw was followed by several others, aimed at various pieces of meat still bold enough to surround him. [ UTs aimed at Brood and Castor. ]

It was feeding time for the Iron Beast, and boy, he could eat a bear and more.

RUBILL SILVER ROLLS:

OOC NOTE:
COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by NPC on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:27 am
The member 'NPC' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Reflex Check' : 8, 20, 2
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:45 pm
Bearing a Bear's Ways
World Event
Tanaka Howai
A cute girl, who has a propensity for pickpocketing

GROUP DECLARATION:

"Let me help you up!" Still kneeling in the sand, Howai glanced up to see Oliver's smiling face. A helpful hand was stretched out to her, which immediately brought a smile to her own face.
With a touch of relief, she graciously accepted the offer and allowed Oliver to pull her lightly onto her feet. Behind her, the other voices grew louder and as she turned, she saw the twins drag Alice away from the cart.
Her captain was the only person on the crew she had established a bond with, so it was not easy for her to watch him suffer; she just couldn't understand what was so special about the little boat.

I should ask Oliver later the green-haired woman thought, looking back at her possibly new friend.

"Do not pay attention to him. He sometimes behaves more childishly than he should." Oliver said as if she had read her mind and without further notice, she went ahead.

Howai was still indecisive. Should she follow Oliver or go to Alice? Actually she didn't know how to comfort her captain. When she looked back at him a second time, Becker gave him a blow. Apparently no one fell sorry for him and one by one they made their way to the meeting place, so Howai quickly caught up with Oliver to chat a bit with her...

However, before she got the chance the twins had already joined them. "Hey new girl, you are looking cute. How about we accompany you, instead of this midget?" With an arrogant glance, they looked down at the Titanean. "Do you want some strong men to protect you?"

The chef felt a little flattered but more furious about the derogatory remark about Oliver. "Why do you call her that? I'm pretty small, too!" She snapped at the twins.

Turning away from them she headed over to Oliver at the head of the squad and walked to the meeting point.
When they finally reached the top of the mountain Howai had a great view and could nearly see the whole island as well as the huge pirate fleet in the far. Besides that, she faced 3 men who demanded her attention more; a smart-looking guy with white-blond hair, a grim-faced far too tall man with a hedgehog hairstyle and a boy wrapped in a yellow kimono.
As always, Cherry had something to complain about, thankfully Fable and Garland shut him down before he got too annoying. Howai just listened to them casually and inspected the general. She had already heard from Oliver that Garland Bach was higher in rank than her captain, but he didn't look that strong.

"... be your first mate, you know?” The sentence made her stop immediately. Caught by surprise she uttered the words "What, who?" not expecting herself to say this out loud.

Oliver leaned over and whispered in her ear
"The big guy with the spikey hair."
"Why he?" Howai spoke under breath trying not to interrupt the others. Both girls thoughtfully glanced at a little stone in front of their feet.
"I don't know, but I guess we have to accept it" Oliver replied after a few seconds and kicked the pebble away.
"Did you ever hear of him before?"
"Not more than you. I just know his name"

In the meantime, Antoinette approached from behind and snapped "Stop the whispering and introduce yourself"

Howai looked around and noticed how all eyes rested on her.
"Uh I .. well .. am Tanaka Howai. I'm the newest to the crew and ... responsible for the food." She spoke hesitantly. Meanwhile, the girl looked at the ground and put her hand on the neck.
"Oliver, Sniper." the titanean said curtly.

After everyone introduced themselves, Garland explained the mission to the Bourbon.
The general gave a brief explanation on what the mission will be about, following that he headed off to the base without leaving room for questions.
Howai still had some reservations, as no one knew exactly what to expect. But when she realized that even Oliver followed Garland without restraint, she kept her concerns to herself and followed the troop.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:10 am

- RISE -
"Together, we’re gonna rise with the morning light."

At long last it was his time to shine, his chance to make a name for himself for something other than being in Laurel or Sinbad’s shadow. Or at least that was what he had told himself; Then some daring soul decided to provoke both him and Laurel at once, and Mazin became all too willing to give up his chance to be in the spotlight in the name of sweet, vengeful justice—if only momentarily.

The irony of that sentiment only dawned on him as he and Laurel made their way through the mess hall, although he was also just realizing as well that his chance to cut an imposing figure nearby hundreds of Marines probably had just come and gone. Still, maybe if he was lucky they’d change his nickname to “The Hammer.” He quite liked the sound of that. Not that “Water Walking” Mazin was bad, of course. Had a good ring to it. A sense of mystique. Just wasn’t quite...menacing.

Besides, it wasn’t like he could simply let his captain go off on her own deep into a warzone, right? Even if this did just seem to be her equivalent to bringing along an extra pair of hands to carry things while she went shopping.

Corridor after corridor they walked. Distant screams and gunfire echoed in the air, but aside from the occasional patrol to dispatch or a quake from stray cannonfire, it all might as well have come from another world. It wasn’t until they passed a strange device that Mazin displayed any level of concern, albeit only in the form of morbid curiosity. It stood outside one of office as tall as a man, an iron cabinet with a hinged front left hanging wide open to display numerous spikes that covered its interior, which prompted Mazin to almost poke one to see if it was real, as if the device was more decoration than anything that might one day be moved and see actual, doubtlessly painful use. Just before he actually could, however, he noticed Laurel taking a left down a forked path ahead and he quickly followed after her, only to a couple seconds later poke his head back down the hallway once more, where for if but a moment he was sure he’d seen something...although that was surely just his imagination.

Eventually, finally, Mazin spotted something he was looking for within an office spaced slightly differently than the others. He looked in to find a portrait hanging within a slight depression in the wall, and—ignoring the stern gaze of one of the 99th Marine Branch's former commanders—removed the painting from its place to reveal a button embedded into the wall, "Aha! Found it!"

Seconds later, mechanical sounds and deep rumble of moving stone reverberated out into the hall. With footsteps lighter than an even the softest pillow, Mazin made his way back through the door. "Miss Laurel, check this out! I think this passage in here leads further into the base!"

He looked around the hall wearing a particularly cheeky grin, and how could he not? Where else would a secret path lead, if not elsewhere in the base, than to secret rooms and safe deposits? If nothing else, there would now be a few new places for an unnoticed rat or two to come to hole in.

His tone soon changed, however. Unsure of exactly why, the boy looked over to a barrel nearby...

"Erm, cap'n...?"

JUNIER of GS+ Adox

GROUP DECLARATION:
OOC Note:
COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Mazin on Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways - Page 2 G7UGK6I
[tracker=/t980-castor-o-nox#4771]
Name : Castor O. Nox
Epithet : Sanpaku | The Azure Pheasant | Duke Of Lvneel | Saint Nox
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 175lbs
Species : Three-Eye Tribesman
World Position : Blockbuster
Alliance : -
Crew : Nox Pirates
Ship : The Wailing Calamity
Crew Role : Captain | Navigator | Book Collector | Pride Sin
Devil Fruit : Goro Goro no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 620,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (To all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf); +0.10 (Blockbuster); +0.20 (To all allies)
Shop Discount : -20%
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 96,000,000
Balance : [bel] 2,470,815,020
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[dreamsneverdie]]
[[bookworm]][[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:03 pm

blur_on

Firebear'd's Quest

Group Declaration:

The smell of gunpowder and blood filled the air, as dockside Las Camp harbor was packed with personages of every faction. Marines and pirates searching for the others life as their trinkets, whereas survival in the end would be the real reward.

As Dax intercepted the marine's initial gunfire, Castor allowed any stray shots to soar through his person, turning the point of contact to a tiny burrow to which the shells could traverse through, hitting a few marines to his rear.

Honest to Dax's nature, the gold monger raided each corpse, adding true meaning to the words spoils of war. The Greed Sin relished in the idea of amassing any kind of fortune in this exchange, small or large.

Then, two developments on the battlefield startled the Three Eye Tribesman.

First, the appearance of a giant Silver Haired Giant. However, whether by magic or science, the woman had miraculously manifested herself before them, towering over Dax and Castor like a newly erected tower. Their own personal shadows cowered in the face of hers, as she'd adjusted her height to give obeisance.

The woman's words puzzled Castor momentarily, to ask for friendship in the heart of conflict wasn't too strange, but her oddly cheerful tone was contradictory to her intimidating height, without hesitation, Castor's face went blank, without care or thought.

Lifting his head up towards the bob cut amazon, "Weird."Castor declared, nodding in approval at his own assessment of the woman, with every single muscle in his face went lax. Waiting a bit for the woman's response, he'd break out into laughter.

Gashi Gashi Gashi

"But weirds okay! Plus I like your haircut, so sure. We can be friends, Snowflake." Castor responded to the woman's request.

The second anomaly set Castor's blood afire. A mighty roar rattled the very paved concrete dockside that the pirates and marines alike stood atop.The aura infused in the war cry definitely caught the attention of Castor. He hadn't felt a pressure so intense since his first encounters with wild animals on Minion Island. The hairs on the back of his neck stood at attention at the beast's non-verbal declaration.

His eyes shifting from one giant to another, Castor noticed the behemoth sized reptile that loomed in the distance. As every stomp forward from his mighty claws dug into the surface effortlessly, the dinosaur's motion came to a halt temporarily. Thrashing his beam sized tail against the concrete, stone fragments the size of horse driven carriages were uprooted for the incoming barrage.

Impaling his tail into the loose slabs, one by one, the reptile catapulted each chunk sky borne, flinging his tail as the catalyst. The first few projectiles crushed neighboring forces, others fell into the harbor, but one in particular came beaming towards Snowflake, Dax and himself.

Lunging into mid-air, darting over the woman's shoulder, Castor flew towards the fragment. Readying Summer Rain's frame, Nox cut the slab into two with one swing, reinforcing it's sharpness by coating the katana in Busoshoku haki. Dodging two more volleys flying towards his person, Castor sharpened his senses, avoiding each by disbursing his being into an elemental state.

The lightning rushed over the each incoming object, progressing the pirate captain's aerial advance. The distance between himself and the dinosaur was now about twenty-five meters, and that was close enough for Castor to have some fun of his own.

Discharging lightning bolts in the form of large spores, similar to that of Dandelions during dispersal, each spore sparkled like surges from live electrical wire.Encompassing the surrounding area, any foe who came into contact with the seed like specs would experience rapid convulsions, similar to the pulsation that occurs with CPR machines but more violent.

Producing enough to cover a warship, Castor motioned the spores towards the dinosaur’s direction in attempts to encapsulate and shock him. Each surge fluttered elegantly like a kaleidoscope of limenitis arthemis. (MT)[Enlil Curse]

Once the electrical seeds had gotten within in range, Castor would snap his fingers as the catalyst to release a lightning bolt that’d run adjacently to the swarm. Once the bolt had electrified a segment of the swarm, the convergence would morph that section into forming the visage of two wolves, which yearned to snap into behemoth’s tail, in attempts to subdue its tantrum. (LT)[ 10 Million Volt – Raiju)

Continuing the onslaught, Castor would transform his right hand into a lightning bolt, taking aim at the beast’s chest cage. As the massive electrical burst surged through the battlefield’s crowd, the lives of marines and pirates alike were sapped from one touch of the lightning bolt. (LT)[Orko’s Whim]

Finally, Castor flew above the dinosaur’s head, attempting to slash summer rain along his skull. (UT)[ Towards Silver] Whether the monster would be able to respond to Castor’s barrage in time would be a sight to see but the pressure to make contact was imminent now that his position was revealed.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Word Count: 821 | Tagged: @Goldmonger@Wren @Brood

Notes: Intro.

Last edited by Castor O. Nox on Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:52 pm; edited 4 times in total

Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:03 pm
The member 'Castor O. Nox' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Reflex Check' : 9, 18, 9, 8
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:38 pm

Perhaps it’s impossible for a sparrow to live on in the open ocean; after all, they do tend to thrive inland, away from the hustle and bustle of the vast roiling waters.

However, the viability of a sparrow living upon this hostile landscape was the farthest thing from his mind as he gasped for air to fill his burning lungs. His eyes were drawn towards the beach by the crimson glint of his companion’s eyes, seemingly glaring down at a less than appealing sight. Shifting past the large daifukus,

“How did he even carry those up?...”

Zenitsu gazed down on the motley crew filled with all sorts of members. A wailing seemed to waft up the mountainside, the sounds originating from a blonde haired man reaching for a sinking cart.

“Is that Captain Ronx? He sorta looks like me…”

Yet, the sight unfolding in front of him left him quite bewildered; while most of the crews he traveled with in the past deferred to their captain’s authority, it seemed as if this group didn’t really care. No one really was lifting a finger to help the poor man with his sinking little boat, but that quickly left his mind with the appearance of the others…

“Is that ...what is that..a skull? With horns? Wearing a suit? That person has blue skin...a fishman?...and there is a girl who is dressed in a way that can only be akin to a princess? What is up with this crew? Is that a mink? Those fangs and claws….Can I fit in here?”

His companion’s words interrupted his thoughts, bringing him back to the present. “Don’t we judge the Marines for recruiting child soldiers?” Zenitsu could not help but watch in awe; there weren’t many who could talk to a Revolutionary General as great as Garland with such a carefree tone. Their conversation slowly tuned out as he focused back onto the imposing figure of the mink amongst those teeming about on the beach below them. His sparrow chirped excitedly, as if acknowledging the power emanating from his menacing figure.

“I ask myself that question every day.” It seemed that whatever they had been talking about had come to a close; both Garland and his new crewmate quieted down as the motley crew reached the top of the hill. Zenitsu quickly heaved himself up off the ground and faced the now silent crew, a stark contrast from the talking hubbub seen when they first landed.

After a few moments of silence, a small figure piped up. “Ehh, so these two are the newbies. How boring. No thank you.” Zenitsu could feel his insides clenching; first impressions are always important, and this wasn’t the one he wanted to make. “That man’s hair looks like a plate full of potato fries.”

“Oh no...am I gonna be the potato fry guy?”

His sparrow chirped gleefully, as if in agreement with what was just said.

A roar in the distance silenced whatever bickering was being had in front of him; his crewmate introduced himself coldly as Acacia, and then it was his turn. With a small, nervous grin, he spoke.

“Hello, my name is Zenitsu! I’ve traveled around here and there, and hopefully I can provide this crew some help in whatever you guys need. This is just my sparrow; he follows wherever I travel.”

As Garland began to outline the plan to the crew, Zenitsu couldn't help but feel a rush of anxiety. Hopefully, he'd be able to prove his worth in the upcoming adventures.
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato
[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways - Page 2 Rowdy_10
[tracker=/t600-miku-e-sato#2421]
Name : Miku Etsuko Sato
Epithet : Rowdy Rascal
Height : 5'2"
Weight : 122 lb
World Position : Supernova
Crew : Meddling Kids
Ship : The Scorned Lady
Bounty : [ber=r] 105,000,000
Shop Discount : 10%
Balance : [bel] 221,877,500
[[baneoftheweak]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[barrelcrazed]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:38 pm

[ seize life with your own hands ]

Group Declaration/Boss Difficulty +0:

The Rascal bowled right into the small group of Marines that were headed her way. Her arms tucked and shoulders hunched, the small woman began swinging recklessly in the middle of the crowd of men. The sounds of bones breaking, pained yelps, angry retorts, and promised vengeance all flew through the air as Miku simply weaved between her opponents. Rolling between legs, ducking under swords, buckling legs, and knocking out teeth. Miku was in her element as the brawl came to a quick conclusion with all the Marines at her feet. Some holding broken appendages, others grasping shattered jaws, and a few completely still from their internal injuries being too much.

It was during the seconds of silence that an angry cry drew her attention, as Miku turned her head towards the source of the yell her eyes widened in shock. A man-bug creature was flying right at her, luckily she managed to move out of the way as the creature hadn’t done more than charge towards her. “What the hell is that thing, Emi?!” Miku shouted in confusion as she looked at the creature, it had obvious human traits such as it’s face, humanoid body, and even it’s Marine outfit. So obviously it was an enemy, that much was clear as she studied her new opponent. “Are you some kind of Mink person? I heard of your kind and seen a few around here,” at this comment a Mink from one of the warring factions was sent flying over head and into the back of some unsuspecting fighter. “But I haven’t fought one before.” As she said this she grinned and narrowed her eyes, her blood beginning to boil.

“Guess it’s time to see if those crazy rumors are true!” With this said Miku rushed at the bug-man, quickly closing the small distance between them and beginning with a barrage of punches at him. (LT)[Bum Rush] After this the short woman winds back her right arm to deliver a powerful haymaker to the bug-man’s face only to quickly jab at his gut with her left arm. (LT)[Phantom Right] The Rascal however continues the punch that was primed with her right arm and goes straight for the bug-man’s temple before jumping back to create some space between her and the bug-man. (MT)[Ring Your Bell] “Gah, what are your abs made from?! Steel!?!” Miku cries out as she feels the impact of punching what felt like steel in her wrists and knuckles, luckily the padding of her Knuckles allowed her to do such things easily enough but it was still a surprise.

“Hey Emi! Get your skinny butt over here and help me squash this bug!” The young captain yells as she is suddenly attacked from behind with from an ambitious marine. “Gah, you bastard!” Miku quickly disposes of the man with a quick uppercut that knocks several teeth from the man’s mouth followed by a spray of blood. "Don't you know it's rude to creep up on a lady like that?!" Miku yells at the rapidly bleeding out man while she kicked him repeatedly.

Miku E. Sato's Rolls:
COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Miku E. Sato on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:11 pm; edited 3 times in total

NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:38 pm
The member 'Miku E. Sato' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Reflex Check' : 14, 17, 12
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
[tracker=/t544-anton-la-croix#2124]
Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
Faction : Marine
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 1,472,069,543
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[bookworm]][[childofdestiny]]
[[berryprinter]][[punchoutguru]]

Turf : [turf="/t299-turf-details-minion-island#1113"]Minion Island[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:11 pm
Group Declaration:

Anton stood before the young pirate, his sword drawn, and quite frankly, scared out of his mind. He didn't want to be in this war to begin with, and now here he was, facing off against a rather strong pirate, if her smacking around the other marines were any indication. And to top it all off, she wasn't alone either.

Something she said though did cause him to pause. Was she mistaking him for a Mink as well? Seriously, this was not the best place for a zoan. People just kept mistaking him for the enemy. "Erm, actually I'm a-GAH! He couldn't even finish his sentence as the young woman suddenly attacked him with a barrage of punches. Even with his exoskeleton, the punches were still quite painful. Throughout the flurry was a blow to his stomach, causing him to double over, before taking a painful smack to the side of the head.

Everything was blurred for a moment. He barely heard what the woman said. Really, not even a minute into the fight, and he was being turned into someone's punching bag. It was really, really frustrating. As the pirate called back to her crew, and was suddenly attacked from behind by a marine, Anton took the opportunity to try and counterattack. Quickly regaining his senses, Anton braced himself, digging his boots into the ground for added traction (Fast Hopping, active). Anton quickly kicked himself off of the ground, shooting towards the distracted pirate. Twisting on his foot, he lashed out with a leg, the attack stopping short, but releasing a burst of air that would punch right into the pirate's midsection (LT - Snap Kick). Anton would quickly close the remaining gap, aiming a second kick right to the side of her head. (UT at Miku).

There was still the case of the pirates that were accompanying her. Anton couldn't forget about them. The worst thing about being in a combat situation like this was the potential to get jumped from multiple sides. Bouncing away from his prime target, Anton raised his sword, letting out a shriek, swinging his blade and firing out a long blade of compressed air, heading straight for green haired pirate, and the fishgirl pirate that seemed to be with them. (MT - Sonic Cutter - split between Emi and Toga). He was still surging on adrenaline, and the momentum he had built wouldn't let him stop. He effectively chased his attack, shooting straight at the two pirates, launching himself to kick at the green haired woman, and then bounce to kick the fishgirl as well. (UT at Emi, UT at Toga)

Anton quickly bounced back to put some distance between himself and the others, trying to keep all three of them in his sight. He was treating this fight like any other fight in the marines. As a matter of survival.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:24 pm; edited 7 times in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:11 pm
The member 'Anton La'croix' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Reflex Check' : 15, 16, 16, 9, 10
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:45 pm

occulte à la carte
At first, passing through the corridors inside the base was a little more peaceful, albeit not by much. Whenever it seemed that a group of marines would be passing by, Laurel and Mazin would rather hide than draw attention to themselves in a fight. Laurel would transform a leaf into a barrel for Mazin to hide in, while she transformed into her own wanted poster hanging on the wall above it.

This usually worked; those more familiar with the layout were suspicious, but too rushed for time and the invading pirates to investigate. Others saw through the disguise, or commented on Laurel’s youth like the earlier lieutenant had, and were answered with a giant fist popping out of the poster, knocking them out as their heads hit the wall. The latter had a leaf lying on their unconscious bodies that had been transformed into a miniature card emblazoned with the Apollo’s Pompokolin insignia, and on the other side, a message that simply said, “Forever Seventeen.”

After a few instances of this, having passed through Las Camp’s torture chambers and into a conspicuous office, Laurel decided to take a smoke break. Putting aside the numerous earlier affronts, Laurel couldn’t quite share Mazin’s curiosity. Novelty died with experience. More importantly, she needed to think of a way to address another problem that had been haunting her—figuratively and literally—since they had come into this building. Two, actually, but this spook was much more immediate. The other, much more foreboding, they would hopefully not have to meet.

Her stream of thoughts would be broken after a couple minutes of rummaging bore fruit, and Mazin, the young and proud harvester of the labor shared the good news. Laurel gave the navigator a clap on the back. “Excellent work, Mazin! We must be getting close.”

The two peered down the new corridor, where darkness invited them to go further in. Laurel could sense that past this point, no other Marine reinforcements would harry the pirates, and not even Den Den Mushi alarms or surveillance were planted in the halls. The only telltale signs that they were even still on the same island, the same Marine base, would be the sounds of battle above them.

And the only thing that kept it all being too good to be true was the sensation that the pirates were getting closer to that same presence she was hoping to avoid. At the same time, Laurel could spot out of the corner of her eye that Mazin had caught sight of something. At first, she was tempted to do the same, but decided against it, instead, suddenly grousing, “By the way, I’m not actually old yet, am I?” After a pause, and hearing the lad call out to her in concern, she leaned down to him and with a cold, menacing stare, repeated, “Am I?”

Then her face softened as she raised a finger to her lips for silence. Her message—or response—was clear: I know. Wait.

Then she rose up, putting on an irritated air, saying, “Actually, never mind that. Have you checked the desk for anything useful?” There was no point apart from appearances in asking; she had posed an empty question pointed at an empty desk, itself existing solely for appearances, and both Laurel and Mazin knew this. Even so, the Supernova bent down and opened a drawer, placing a handful of leaves inscribed the kanji for “gold,” and immediately they transformed into collection of brilliant bars of that very making.

“Oh? It seems we missed a spot,” Laurel said, lifting up the gold bar with mock bewilderment and a slight bit of effort. “Looks like someone was keeping a sliver of fortune for themselves. Greed and corruption at the highest echelons of power! What a world.” She placed the bars at the face of the desk, one at a time—thunk, thunk, thunk. By the time Laurel finished unloading, twenty gold bars sat on the desk.

“Heavens, but I forgot how heavy a bullion can be,” Laurel said, wiping sweat off her forehead and sitting next to the bars, “but it’s quite an investment - you could probably buy a little villa with this much. Whiskeyjack would be hopping mad if he saw all this gold just sitting in a desk. Still, if this is merely a taste, it might be difficult for just us two to carry the rest of the lucre away.”

Laurel didn’t have to turn around and look back. She simply waited for their shadow to react.

[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways - Page 2 Tg4Ok47

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Laurel O’Halloran on Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acacia
Acacia
Kurotane (Black Seed)
[tracker=/t897-grimm-aldous-acacia#4096]
Name : Acacia
Epithet : "Black Seed" ("Kurotane")
Height : 8'5" / 257 cm
Weight : 351 lbs / 159 kg
Faction : New Revolutionary Army
Devil Fruit : Mochi Mochi no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 250,000,000
Balance : [ber] 582,800,000
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:42 pm
Earlier...

"What do you call your sparrow, Zenitsu-san?" The gentle monster inquired after introducing himself proudly as "Victor Grace Fable".

A "gentle monster" may be an oxymoron, but it was apt for the skeleton-headed creature. In those deep bores of the antlered skull were a pair of kind eyes that could make your heart melt into a gleeful puddle.

If ones' eyes were indeed windows to their souls, Fable of the Bonbon X must've had the purest soul of them all. But, to those who'd fail to peer deep into those dark sockets, his eyes would only be akin to crimson circles glowing like a hellish demon's.

As prone to quick judgment as Acacia was, he did not fail to look straight into Fable's eyes; if only to show a lack of fear or revulsion. That brave venture into the void dispelled Acacia's irritation and mellowed him from seething mad to mildly grumpy.

Every one of the Bonbon X's crew members introduced themselves with little more enthusiasm than Cherry the cheerful. Every one of them but two. Fable wasn't the only one who was kind to the newkamas.  

"You're going to become the person I trust most!" The princely captain of his new crew spoke the strangest words, nearly dropping the dark-haired revolutionary's jaw.

Who the hell talks that way? What kind of an idiot blindly promises to trust a stranger so fully? Questions he'd never ask out loud, and yet surely would discover the answers to eventually.

If Fable had the kindest eyes, his ditz of a captain had the most playful. When Acacia had first regarded his future captain's image on a wanted poster, he would've bet money that Ronx was some pampered brat too full of himself to give anyone else the light of day. He would've lost that bet.

This introduction suggested Ronx was too trusting a fool to be arrogant. He'd hoped the "band of misfits" label for the crew was an exaggeration, but he now realised it might, in fact, have been an understatement. His duty as first-mate would be far more cumbersome than he'd imagined.

Presently...

One after another, the NRA infiltrators slid through a gaping hole in a wall. Garland's chemical weaponry was always a wonder to see in action. The blond general had sprayed some acid on the wall to make a quiet entrance. The pervasive smell of melted concrete would linger in their olfactories for too long.

The crew and the general huddled together in a basement storage room of Building C of the Las Camp Navy Base. It's better to be lucky than clever. And as luck would have it, they'd found the dirty laundry of the entire marine base—literally.

Acacia pointed at a black stamp that was present on likely every other box in the room. The symbol had three folded arrows forming a triangle, with a shirt in its centre.

"These are marine uniforms marked for recycling. It might not be a bad idea to put these on to blend in," suggested Acacia, popping open a crate. Garland did not question why Acacia possessed this trivial information, for he was one of a handful of revolutionaries who knew the reason.

The general scrutinised the box's contents before turning to the crew with a wide grin. "Looks like you candies get to play dress-up today. I imagine there are costumes of all shapes and sizes here. Dig in!" The crew sighed unanimously.

Acacia wasted no time in changing into a navy blue and white striped suit behind one of the shelves. With a practised spin, he donned a stained white coat with the character of "justice" written upon the back. The trained manner in which he buttoned his cuffs and adjusted his tie might even have seemed suspicious to the paranoid members of the crew.

"I can't wear this trash! And it took me forever to sew these clothes; I can't just leave them here!" Argued the blue-skinned fishman, clutching at an ensign's uniform.

"That trash looks better than what you're wearing now," sniped the princess in her gown (Antoinette), her words marred by the slightest hint of insincerity. "At the risk of agreeing with him, I have to admit, these garments are distasteful. They still stink of sweat." She rubbed her gloved fingers as if she were wiping dirt off of them.

The spiky-haired fake-marine interjected. "It's probably best if Baker is--" "Becker," an annoyed voice corrected him. Acacia cleared his throat before resuming, "--if Becker isn't disguised as a marine. A fishman prisoner would raise fewer questions than a fishman marine."

Garland affirmed the comment with a nod and turned to the mink and the elephant in the room—Skull-face. "Rozene. Fable. You two will pose as prisoners too. Rozene would make a convincing captive considering the guests the Navy is hosting. As for Fable, it would be easier to pass him off as a mink ally."

Fable did not complain, and Rozene only let slip a low, ambiguous grunt.

Once the crew was ready, and the three prisoners were cuffed—courtesy of Freya (where'd he get those cuffs from?)—Garland clapped his hands twice to draw everyone's attention.

"Listen up everyone." Garland still wore his orange robe. "Leave your clothes here. We'll have them returned to the Wonderland Hatch one way or another," he promised.

"We're splitting up into three groups. Ronx, Acacia, Becker, and Cherry - you'll start by investigating Vice Admiral Gordon's office. It would be unlike the Demon-in-glasses to leave loose threads, but just in case the battle preparations got the better of him, you should search for any documents relating to Cipher Pol. Continue to other officers' rooms if you don't find anything there. I'm told there is a covert CP8 office here too. See if you can find it."

Cherry pouted while playing with the neckerchief on his chore-boy outfit.

Garland gestured at the green-haired chef and the blond sparrow. "Howai, Zenitsu, you'll be taking Rozene with you to the holding cells. I trust you to find your way there." His turquoise gaze targeted the purple-eyed shorty. "Oliver, you're going with them too. Your mission is to free any prisoners and then cause a distraction in this building. Your job may be the most dangerous. Once you attract the attention of any marines still stationed here, you may have to fight to escape."

He turned to the remaining members of the crew. "In the meantime, the rest of you—Antoinette, Fable, Freya, Friday—will be coming with me to Building A. My face is too recognisable, so I'll be your prisoner also."

Garland reached into the loose folds of his sleeves and pulled out transponder snails one after another, presenting each team member with one of their own. "Use these only when you have new information or when you've completed your missions. If you're forced to use them under circumstances where you're compromised, the warning phrase is 'Rusukaina'. I'll follow up with both teams once my team has completed the initial phase of our mission."

The revolutionary general snapped his fingers. "Let's get going. If you run into any Cipher Pol agents, contact me once you're sure no one's listening. Do not engage them unless you're in immediate danger or I give you instructions to do so. We need information first, then a fight."

Acacia lazily approached his new captain with his patented scowl. "Lead the way, Ronx."

tags: @Baltroy @Howai @Zenitsu
notes: Please let me know if you guys have any questions or concerns regarding this post. There should be some basic guides here for you to build plots for the following posts - everyone has instructions on what to do. But, if you need any clarification or suggestions, feel free to ask me!

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:13 pm

OOC: (-eh is a cough; -ee is a weeze)

Looking on at the massive lizard, the snow haired ogre found himself surprised to see nothing more than a shrill and oppressive wailing coming out of the creature standing before him. His eyes seemed blank, as if he was unimpressed by the display of this creature. He'd peer over the battlefield, not paying it any attention once he realized that it's attempt to appear threatening where largely pathetic to say the least. Brood noticed the Lightning lad come into the fray. It was....something to say the least. He had heard of this Sanpoku guy, but never met him prior to this particular day.

Brood lacked the time for sight-seeing however, his arrogance often made him look down on individuals far stronger than he happened to be. It was his blessing as well as his curse. Unfortunately for the male, he wasn't being as observant as he perhaps should have been. Not bothering to use his Haki so that no marines got any sneak attacks on him. Often he forgot that Haki was a think, using it more reflexively than actively. To that end, he didn't notice the massive earthen construct hurdling for him at a breakneck speed...and by the time he turned his attention towards the man the massive struck broke on him.

The large rock seemed to have shattered against the male's body...but lacked the force to send him flying backwards. Though it had enough force to send his head back with whiplash. When the smoke cleared from the impact. Brood stood there looking down at the dinosaur individual with a look of visceral hatred in his eyes. Each vein redder than they had been in days. A stream of blood rolled down his forehead and onto his cheek, dripping down onto the tiles of the rooftop in which he stood upon. He'd roll his neck to one side before swinging it back towards another. A vein appeared on his forehead as he moved his hands from behind his back.

He'd raise his hand upwards briefly for moment. "Marutōsu no fukkatsu..." [AOE - Stat Morph] He'd slam his cane on the roof of the building...and for a brief moment a large sugary-glass skull surrounded by fire and smoke erects from the roof of the building. Seemingly cackling inaudibly as a loud 'zwooom' sound fills the surrounding area. In an instance it seemed as though many of the fodder that had gotten in his way were put under an suffocating amount of pressure. To the point in which they hesitated to continue brawling. Merely....more hesitant...more...threatened.

He peered over towards the towering second-in-command of his crew, feeling a sense of pride fill him as he lurched out an arm towards the dinosaur creature and the marines that surrounded him. It was time to clear up a large swath of the battlefield so that....he could have a clear shot at the creature. He didn't think that his powers would affect the Dinosaur. He didn't think he could intimidate someone that outclassed him. But it didn't hurt to try. He immediately thrusts his cane back up into the air, causing the cloud to swirl rapidly before globs of heated sugary dust spray outwards over the battlefield, hitting any and everyone that he deemed a target. [UT aimed at Rubill] ".....Eh"  

COMBAT TRACKERS:

NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:13 pm
The member 'Brood' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Reflex Check' : 17
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord