Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[World Event] A Fool's ErrandYesterday at 9:23 amHyde Garland[Episode] A unusual meet upYesterday at 12:14 amLavender[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:01 amMaxwell[Episode] [Transportation] A Grand OpeningMon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 pmSkoll[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSun Apr 21, 2024 11:24 pmGray[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsSun Apr 21, 2024 11:19 pmGray[Episode] The Bloody ChamberSun Apr 21, 2024 12:31 pmNoah[Market] [Trade] Trading ForumSat Apr 20, 2024 5:47 pmGray[Episode] Ancient Blood ArisesSat Apr 20, 2024 4:11 pmNaoki

[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways

+5
Castor O. Nox
Maxwell
Anton La'croix
NPC
Dadmin
9 posters
Go down
Dadmin
Dadmin
Admin
The Admin
Name : The Administrator
Epithet : The Admin
Species : Artificial Intelligence
Faction : Administration
Crew : Administrators
Ship : The Administering
Crew Role : Administrator
Devil Fruit : Admin-Admin Fruit
Bounty :
Income Bonus :
Shop Discount :
Balance :

[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways Empty [World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:25 pm

[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways Coolte13

POSTING RULES

We are now entering completely new territory with this event, and so, there may be some things you’ll have to bear with. One of them might be abrupt changes through the event when it comes to the posting order. Details of how the posting order will work are explained below.

If you haven't yet signed up for the event, please do that first in the sign-up thread.

First Round
The first round of posts will be free - as in, anyone can post without worrying about whose turn it is. It is highly recommended, however, that you discuss with any of your crew/group mates OOCly how you plan to enter the event. The details of the settings for each faction will be provided in the NPC post that follows this one.

NPC Impies
The NPC account (managed by the administrators) will be controlling all of the major Impies (important NPC characters, including) on top of controlling the pace of the plot. There may be quite a bit of exposition, but worry not, the players will still have control of what they want to do. The Impies might attempt to give you orders/missions, but it is up to you to obey or defy them.

Do keep in mind that whatever you do, it could have a major impact on the overall plot. Try not to bite off more than you can chew! (e.g. If you directly challenge a level 100 Impie without any sort of backup and end up arrested or dead, only you can be blamed.)

RP groups
Once the first round of posts is complete, each player can form their own “RP group” in the thread. Each group only has to wait for their group mates to finish posting before repeating the post order. This means that groups might start to become out of sync time-wise, however, the NPC will keep this under control and maybe slow down a group if necessary. When you form or change a group, please also include an OOC spoiler note in your post to keep the staff informed.

You are welcome to freely switch between groups or merge with other groups, so long as both parties are informed accordingly OOCly.

If you are not part of any groups, it is recommended that you wait for at least 4-5 players to post before posting yourself.

Time limit
When it is your turn to post, if you don’t post within 3 days (72 hours), your turn will be considered as “missed”. It will then be the following character’s turn to post. Once you miss 4 turns, you will start losing 20% of the total rewards for each post you miss after.

Do your best to make your mark on the world (if that is your wish), and most of all, have fun with it!

Important Note!
It is highly recommended that you read every post in this thread (and DEFINITELY the NPC posts for each faction). This way, you can remain aware of your surroundings in case a character outside of your group is trying to interact with you.

Also, before you post for the first time, please check out the following threads and skim through them:
Feral Pirates Crew Page
Important NPCs Page
News Coo articles related to this event

NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

Name : Variable
Epithet : Variable
Height : Variable
Weight : Variable
Species : Variable
Faction : Variable
Crew : Variable
Ship : Variable
Crew Role : Variable
Devil Fruit : Variable
Bounty : Variable
Balance : Variable

[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways Empty Re: [World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:18 pm

Pirates

"Puru puru puru puru puru~ Puru puru pur-kaccha~"

"Yeah?"

"How’s it looking?"

"Hard to say for sure, but the marines might have spared some measures. We only counted ten warships and a few smaller ships."

"And what about us? How many mercs?"

"You worried about us, captain?"

"Don’t be cheeky, Bagh. Tell me."

"We’ve managed to hire at least twenty pirate crews—some big, some small. They should be enough of a distraction to let us focus on the cream of the crop. Cubb called just a few minutes ago and confirmed that Redhand is there along with the Demon-in-glasses. Those two make a dangerous pair. Thankfully, Sky God isn’t here."

"That means we-gara will have to deal with him at Mariejois."

"That’s assuming the Duke’s theory is right and Las Camp is, in fact, a distraction."

"I understand your doubts, Bagh. But, you-gara would be wise not to make them known. Your feelings about the Duke don't represent the crew’s."

"Sorry, captain."

"Never mind that. Among the mercs, have you-gara got anyone actually useful?"

"Aye. The Primetime pirates—a bunch that are well known around the North Blue—look promising if a bit unhinged. There are a few other notorious troublemakers. They should be plenty."

"So be it."

"You-gara be careful… captain."

"Kaccha…"

The panther-mink looked on from the cat-shaped figurehead. His amber pupils narrowed under the merciless sun. In the far distance was Las Camp, the most distinguished navy base in all of West Blue. The silhouettes of ten warships stood vigil around the island's sole harbour through the tormented sprays of the sea. Countless ships followed the Laguz. Their combined mass waded through the waters like a famished titan. Death had come.

Marines

"Vice Admiral Warp! Vice Admiral Gordon! The enemy fleet has been spotted! There are at least twenty ships being led by the Laguz... maybe more!"

"Oh, is that so? That’s really too bad." The elderly uniformed officer yawned and stretched, peeling himself from a makeshift wicker chair. "It’s almost time for my afternoon nap. Can’t they come back later?"

The scout struggled to keep a straight face. Another officer - much younger than the elder - noted the expression. "See what you’ve done? You interrupted the old man’s sleepy time. How are you going to make it up to him now?" The young soldier hesitated and stumbled over his own words. "B-but, Vice Admiral Gor-Gordon. I-I.." The mischief-making officer laughed deviously and patted his subordinate with sympathy. He pushed up his glasses to seat them more comfortably on his sunburnt nose.

"Don’t worry about it. Relay the following orders to each of the rear admirals: Protect your stations at all costs until phase two. The 118th should be the only one to falter. We'll draw them towards downtown plaza for phase two. Make sure you tell Steps that he retreat before the 118th takes too many casualties. The plan means little if we can't box them in tight."

Warp, the elder vice admiral, bellowed and roared like a randy stag. His laugh bludgeoned the subordinates around him. "That brat’s never had to be taught a lesson in restraint. I’d be more worried that he'll sleep through the entire battle. Wahahahaha!" The younger vice admiral nodded in agreement with a defeated smile and dismissed the nervous messenger.

Below the platform on which they waited, stood two notorious pirates—Demon Blade and Iron Beast. The red-haired young man was locked inside a mobile cage. He frowned like a devil child. "Those fucking bastards. Using me like I’m some beast."

"You do call yourself the Iron Beast. We’re just helping you live up to your name." Gordon retorted.

The red-headed delinquent scoffed and spit in the vice admiral's general direction, mumbling to himself while making his toasted bottom comfortable on the hot, metal floor of the cage.

Revolutionaries

"And how’re those troublemakers handling it?"

"One moment they make me wish you’d sent me alone. The next moment I can’t seem to get by without them. I really don’t know how quiet they’ll be, Djinn-san."

"Bear with it, Garland. We need to find out why they framed us for the massacre at Lumina Bridge. And you know better than to doubt Price’s instincts. If he says you’ll find some answers there, I believe him."

"Then why didn’t he come to babysit these guys himself?!"

"Oh? It’s rare to hear the Black Mage complain."

"I can hear you smirking, Djinn-san."

"Ahem. Don’t assume things. Besides, it’s not like I didn’t send you backup babysitters. Have they caught up yet?"

"They're sitting right beside me. The others don’t know they're joining us."

"Better get to it."

"I’ll keep you updated, Djinn-san."

"I’d expect nothing less. Kaccha."

"Alright then, let’s have you meet the Bonbon X candies, shall we?"

0 TECHNIQUES USED | 0 PASSIVES USED:
NPC TRACKER (5 IMPIES):

OOC NOTES FOR EVERYONE:
Anonymous

[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways Empty Re: [World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:35 pm

The large clunker of a machine known as the Big Time slowly went forth among the fleet, it was a monstrously sized ship with so many canons aboard it that they were visible from any of the other ships within this twenty-ship armada. The Big Time's unique look was complimented by the sheer size of their single sail which had a demented looking clown face upon the front of it. It was the signal that the Primetime Pirates had arrived, those merciless privateers who did whatever they wanted for money and did whatever they wanted in general. The main deck was covered from front to back with suit wearing individuals who had pirate flags covering their mouths, as these were the countless pirate grunts of the team. Each one having their faces painted in clown make-up of some kind whilst also wearing designer suits so magnificent that one could assume they costed a pretty penny. The colors of these suits ranged from obnoxious pink and green colors to suitable browns and blues. These mafioso looking individuals were in their battle attires, ready to showcase to the world that the Primetime Pirates were more than just 'this years hot commodity'. There was only one goal in mind today, catching the attention of the World Government so that they officially recognized the Prime Pirates for what and who they were. Individuals of a great deal of importance. This was shown evidently when two large wooden doors found themselves swinging open with a great deal of force. Their hinges nearly coming off as several individuals emerged from the meeting-hall on the upper most portion of the ship. Leading the group of well dressed pirates was none other than the madman himself, Brood Xaldin Bach. They psychopaths had finally arrived and with them would come a waft of death, mutilation and insanity. For the Primetime Pirates were bred for this, the were the scum of the North Blue.

Without any hesitation he made his way forward, a slow and prodding pace that allowed the metal heels of his snake-skinned boots to clack against the metallic coating aboard the hull of the ship. The man wearing a large black trench-coat that covered his mouth with several buckles. He'd allow his waltz to get him towards the front of the ship itself, where he'd raise himself upwards onto the very edge of it, elevated by the barrier known as the railing. He'd reach down and rip off his trench-coat, revealing his bare chest and the endless muscular frame that he had gained over his long hard life. The numerous scars covering every inch of his torso and back being both pronounced and for all to bare witness too. He'd let his now revealed mouth hang open as his tongue would run circles around his lips. The moisture mixing with the salt of the sea breeze and allowing a chill to wash over the male's figure. He'd smile as he'd peer out at the Marine base, his own excitement causing numerous blood veins and vessels to react in a manner that showcased he was fully awake. He'd cross his arms for a moment as he peered out into the vast expanse. He needed no plan of attack, but he was very clear to most members of his crew that they were to stay on board until the fighting had reached the midway point. He wanted to minimize the causalities of his primary members on his own end, since the grunts would be extremely expendable here and now. His objectives were threefold. First he wanted to make sure he captured as many slaves from this place as possible. Needing them to replenish the deaths his crew would suffer. Second he needed to impress the Marines, they wouldn't just invite any random person to be a Shichibukai member. With that being said, he wasn't exactly sure if his actions today would be in his best interest. But he had to risk it, after-all, he want to be seen as a threat.

He would uncross his arms, eye's fixated ahead still as he spoke to the members of his crew whose names were worth remembering. He wasn't the kind of person who cared about weaklings with no true potential. "Were were contracted here to execute a job on the behalf of one of the Yonko, specifically the one who hails from the mink tribe. This is a good thing for us since it means we were on this man's radar despite only being a Supernova. I want you all to be at your best for what is too come. This isn't going to be like all the other times we've fought as a unit. Death is in the air here, thick and heavy. It's...invigorating. Wren, you're with me, I trust the rest of you can do whatever you wish at your own discretion." He stated clearly and without any hindrance to his cremates. "WE ARE HERE TO CAUSE DAMAGE! WE ARE HERE TO KILL! I WANT AT LEAST A HUNDRED OF THEM CRUCIFIED BEFORE THE SUN SETS!!" He projected his voice, since he was addressing his entire crew now."FOR WE BRING DEATH!!" He'd outstretch bot of his hands, fingers spread apart, and he'd lift those hands upwards in the air. He'd lean his head backwards and would take in a deep breath. His eyes becoming bloodshot almost immediately as he let out a scream the likes of which could have made him appear to be some sort of ravenous animal. Like a mixture between a crocodile and a hyena. "WE BRIIIIIING WAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" His roar was fierce and it caused a chain reaction upon his ship. Causing his grunts to cheer excessively and scream as loud as they could. Beating their rifles and swords against the ship like tribal warriors. The man allowed his aura of mayhem to be revealed in all of it's glorious splendor. He'd start to beat his chest like a madman, it was time for some cannibalism.

Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
[tracker=/t544-anton-la-croix#2124]
Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
Species : Human
Faction : Marine
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Crew Role : Captain
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 1,472,069,543
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[bookworm]][[childofdestiny]]
[[berryprinter]][[punchoutguru]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]
Turf : [turf="/t299-turf-details-minion-island#1113"]Minion Island[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:22 pm
Why am I here? Why am I here? WhyamIhere? WhyamIhereWhyamIhereWhyamIhere!?

Honestly, it was amazing Anton wasn't vibrating across the floor, with how much he was trembling. I mean, the crew of a Yonkou was coming this way, and Anton was one of the unfortunate marines pressed into assisting in fighting them. There were even two Vice Admirals, several Rear Admirals, and two Shichibukai here! How was he going to be of any use at all? It was only some small comfort that the Yonkou himself was not appearing, and it was just one of his higher ups. But still, it was not a pleasant situation to be in.

"Anton."

Anton let out a loud, piercing shriek, all that built up tension being let out in an instant. The marine leaped off of the ground, spinning around to see the smaller form of Celia standing behind him. Other marines around stopped to look at the source of the cry, calming when they realized it was only Anton and NOT a result of the pirates attacking. Anton was panting heavily, trying to calm himself down. "Don't sneak up on me like that!" he almost yelled, barely able to keep his voice down.

Celia however remained calm. "Sorry, but I'm hearing that the enemy's been spotted. We really should report to our posts and await further orders." Anton let out a low groan. He was afraid of this. People had always said that the calm before the battle was worse than the actual battle. Anton had been in enough battles to know that was not true at all! He looked pitifully at Celia. "There's...no way out of this for us, is there?"

He half expected Celia to yell at him, to tell him to just do his job. This time, however, she gave him a small, comforting smile. "Anton, I know you're scared. I am too. But we can do this. I've seen what you can do. And we have the Shichibukai and the Vice Admirals assisting us. I'm sure we can do this." A small, sad smile appeared on Anton's face. "Thanks...that really helps."

"Plus if you run now, you'll have the Admiralty angry at you."

"WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL!?"
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:22 pm
After he's encounter with Wren and Sassy all was well. Until he had gotten notice of one of the Yonko's requiring he's services. the Beast without a Crew. Was being requested to the Sea. To assit. This was perfect, this was perfect to get himself a high bounty and get extremely noticed by the entire world Government. He had set sailed about three days after the meeting of Wren. To the West Blue from the North Blue. He's ship was fast, but weak. So speed was it's main function. Within Three days he had reached the West Blue. All by himself. stirring the Ship himself. Once headed further towards the West Blue. He joined the twenty some others Pirate Warships. Heading to invade the Camp. He didn't like the idea of them going all the way inside. They might be Twenty Warship with Hundreds of men in each ship. Along with the Prime time Pirates. But they wouldn't stand a chance once they were inside enemy Territory. That's what he's thoughts were atleast. Oh maybe he will be able to spot Wren and Help her with the War. it would be ideal. As the only two people from the Prime time Pirates that Makaze knew was Wren and Sassy Pants.
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:39 am

occulte à la carte
There were times when Laurel cursed her close relationships with the Minks. This day, out on this sea, was such an occasion, where the Xu Fu floated alongside a host of other ships, its sake fuel mingling with the smell of primed gunpowder and the salty air of the West Blue. All manner of pirates banded together to the rallying cry of Ursus Berengar, and this included her own crewmates, at least a third of which were Minks like the Yonkou.

A vote was held by the Pompoko Pirates to decide whether to help their kin, if only as a formality; Laurel already knew what pirates of hers did not wish to join for the glory and spoils felt a keen obligation to aid the mighty Firebear’d. Laurel herself felt split on the issue, and so stayed neutral for the vote, though she did grouse that they would be “turning Las Camp into a blasted zoo.” She had never spoken to the old bear, much less felt any sort of affinity to him outside the philosophy his Feral Pirates held. Nor did she believe her aid would bring her particularly close to Firebear’d’s good graces.

And yet she, too, felt a bizarre compulsion to throw her lot in with the Feral Pirates to cause trouble, even harm, to the World Government. The glory and spoils were tempting, but not enough to sway her. As she strummed her tail thoughtfully, looking out to the sea from the Xu Fu’s bridge, she had to ruminate where her urge came from. . . . Surely, it was Mordecai’s influence. Her old mentor had a proverb for every circumstance, but many were about a simple ideal.

“When I think of the people who’ll use their freedom to help others instead,” Mordecai drunkenly raved one morning, days after he and Laurel escaped from their lives as slaves in Mariejois, “I tell meself, ‘Cai, my boy, that’s what freedom is really about.’ People who can do whatever they want, and choose freely to help others! That’s the kind’ve bloke a pirate should be!”

Still, the old cat’s decision to hold to that philosophy was what got him killed, and Firebear’d was no Mordecai. The thought of him owing the Pompoko Pirates a favor in the future, the idea that she, an ant, could convince a giant to not tread on her in the future should they ever meet again after—to make the Mink feel obliged to a human—ridiculous. Perhaps the bear would be more reasonable than Laurel gave him credit for, but she was not about to entrust her crew’s shoes to him to find out.

Laurel simply took a long draw from her kiseru, and exhaled just as slowly, tail tapping silently, musing. Freedom, eh?

Her thoughts might have had to wait, however. The Den Den Den picked up a sudden audio feed that took little time to echo across the ships and into her own ears, the blood-curdling shrieks of blood-thirsty beasts. She glanced to the Surveillance Den Den Mushi responsible for overseeing the side it came from, and it picked up a visual of a massive, war-battered, mechanical frigate. The Prime Time Pirates. A sight Laurel recognized, if only through its infamy.

A girl suddenly materialized, floating, from thin air behind the pirate captain. Out of her jet-black hair sprouted a pair of ivory-white horns, and she carried a fanged grin twice as demonic. She snickered, cackled, and jigged through the bridge, chanting in a sing-song voice, “They’re doomed! You’re doomed! Everybody’s doom-doomed!”

Without looking back at the Klabautermann, Laurel simply said, “Quiet, Darling,” with the same indifference of rearing a barking pup. She had to look to the other Surveillance Den Den Mushi to assess her colleagues. One ship was barely more than an old merchant vessel, likely in the possession of a new up-and-coming band of pirates; it was almost nostalgic to see it, reminding her of her own debut. Another had blood-red sails that made it stand out from the crowd, a figurehead carved of redwood, a woman holding out a telescope, its hull a mix of more redwood and black elm. A fourth vessel took on a far eerier visage than even the Big Time; a massive warship comprised of bleached bones that the Supernova surmised belonged to Sea Kings or equally massive creatures yet undiscovered. It could only be . . .

“Well, now.” Another draw from her kiseru, another exhalation, this time through her nose. “It seems we are far from the only big names seeking out the cheese in a mousetrap. Should we call the Laguz pre-emptively, just to stand out? Or is that too much a pain in the urse?” The only answer Laurel received was a unanimous groan that filled the bridge.

“Gonna get shot to pieces by some friendly fire,” Darling kept singing, hanging upside-down in front of Laurel. “Gonna catch a full moon when it’s raining cats and dogs. I betcha they like meat—tender, tasty human meat. . . .”

Laurel answered by blowing smoke into Darling’s face. It was enough to send the spirit coughing profanities at the captain before floating off to bother someone else. There was little to do until they came close enough to Las Camp, and Laurel wasn’t as eager to start the carnage as those souls on the Big Time. They could only wait for the orders to come from the Laguz while sticking to formation.

Still, they could be patient. This was not a job to be done hastily.
[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways Tg4Ok47

STATS TRACKER:
0 TECHNIQUES USED | 0 ACTIVE USED | 1 PASSIVE USED:
0 TECHNIQUES COOLING DOWN:
Maxwell
Maxwell
[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways Vk6odI4
[tracker=/t139-richard-maxwell#516]
Name : Richard Maxwell
Epithet : Plague Rat
Height : 6'0" / 183 cm
Weight : 160 lbs. / 73 kg
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Supernova
Bounty : [bel=r] 243,000,000
Quality Score : S+
Income Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Shop Discount : -10%
Balance : [bel] 1,217,129,125
[[bookworm]][[firstaidkit]][[berryprinter]]
[[identitytheft]][[identitytheft]][[improviseadaptovercome]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:46 am
Among the fearsome and wild vessels an old, unassuming merchant ship floated over the waves. Well, perhaps former merchant ship was more appropriate. The people commandeering it were more interested in stealing goods than dealing them. Mercenaries, both grizzled veterans and bright-eyed novices, occupied every corner of the ship. The former shared tales with the latter. Some were polishing their weapons, others were catching up on sleep. There was certain nervous energy in the air. Careful excitement. Felt like static crackling in every conversation.

However, there were still peaceful holes to hide in here.

Beneath the deck, in a nice and quiet corner room, long candles painted lanky shadows across the walls with their wavering light. Tiny burners offered a hint of blue with their flames. Colorful tinctures bubbled in flasks of various sizes. Red, yellow, green, blue and black... Like a particularly shifty rainbow. Deft fingers danced over a fine wooden desk, mahogany for those who cared or just liked saying the word. Glass chimed as the liquids were collected in tiny vials and needles. Between the soft sounds one could hear a jazzy tune hummed gently, ever so slightly off-tune. Not a musician, this man.

Soon a mighty bellow commanded all hands on deck. It informed the whole ship that the destination was approaching. People were ordered to grab their weapons, prepare for combat and pray to whatever deity they thought might give a shit about them. The last part was met with raspy laughter. What kind of deity cared about pirates anyway? Besides, nobody here planned on dying today. They had brought a decent doctor with them. Though the veterans of the crew often whispered the fellow seemed familiar somehow...

Naturally the orders applied to said doctor as well. The equipment was collected with methodical motions. Burners were turned off. Flasks were emptied and rinsed. Ingredients were gathered into pouches. A huge suitcase swallowed everything like a gaping maw. Each item. had its own spot and a tiny strap to hold it in place. Lastly, a neatly folded white lab coat covered everything, the last line of protection against bumps and prying eyes. The suitcase snapped shut.

The door opened opened with a dry yawn. A gentleman in a chocolate brown suit strutted along the narrow corridor. Going at a leisurely pace, he gave room to those in greater hurry. Along the way, the chef lamented how he was missing few exceedingly rare herbs along with some rations. The navigator, meanwhile, wondered out loud how he could have misplaced the sea charts for the nearest islands. Both were assured by their friends that the items still had to be here somewhere. Couldn’t have gone far in the middle of the sea.

Richard stepped onto the deck. A flame flickered, lighting an unhealthy vice. Smoke danced in thin wisps. He tugged the brim of his hat further down, shielding his eyes from the sun. His stride took him to the side railing, where the view was wonderful. Numerous ships had gathered together for a singular purpose. One in particular caught his eye with its furry crew. Fascinating folk those Minks... Rumors whispered that each one was a born fighter. Far more ferocious than an average human. In other words, a perfect shield to hide behind, see?

The doctor took a drag and let his attention wander. It was part of his job to keep track of his allies after all. There were plenty of interesting sights here. And scents, apparently. Was that... sake? Whoever owned that ship had interesting tastes and deep pockets, he surmised. Definitely one to keep healthy, should it come to that. The bloodcurdling war cry piercing the winds was met with a tired sigh. Ah, the candy man was here as well. Lovely. Well... He didn’t have the luxury of picking his allies, see? And there were benefits to keeping a mad dog alive... Slowly a sly smile crept across his features. Today would be a profitable day.

[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways G7UGK6I
[tracker=/t980-castor-o-nox#4771]
Name : Castor O. Nox
Epithet : Sanpaku | The Azure Pheasant | Duke Of Lvneel | Saint Nox
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 175lbs
Species : Three-Eye Tribesman
World Position : Blockbuster
Alliance : -
Crew : Nox Pirates
Ship : The Wailing Calamity
Crew Role : Captain | Navigator | Book Collector | Pride Sin
Devil Fruit : Goro Goro no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 620,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (To all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf); +0.10 (Blockbuster); +0.20 (To all allies)
Shop Discount : -20%
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 96,000,000
Balance : [bel] 2,470,815,020
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[dreamsneverdie]]
[[bookworm]][[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:51 am

blur_on

Firebear'd's Quest

Among the ten warships that sat miles off the coast of Las Camp, Jyestha sails caught tailwind in pursuit towards today's mission. Whistling, Castor sat on the upper deck, taking in the lukewarm sun rays, majority of its intensity dulled by a looming overcast. Running around the ship, members of his newly formed sea crew, scurried to make sure the lady was on course to her destined date. As the cogs of the explosive collars around their necks jingled, it instilled a level of focus in every seaman that couldn't be broken easily. Each worker locked in a trance, knowing from their previous vetting that any mistake would lead to the River Styx.

Commanding the sailing for the day, the helmsman's eye began to twitch. Steering the vessel en route steadily, Newport became annoyed by the man's peculiar whistling pattern, tossing his barret at the Captain.

"I knew from the time I met you... I should have cut your throat while you slept. Of all things... You bring me around Firebear'd's men with a bunch of amateurs."Newport declared in disgust, howling at his Captain, as the barret phased through his body.  

His primary eyes closed, with his third eye remaining open, Castor began to gawk at Newport, sipping on some freshly acquired cherry rice wine, using a wooden ladle as his drinking cup.

"You're the one that said... 'If we're going to be sailing a ship this big from one sea to another, we'll need more crew.' I heard your cries... and I got your men. You gotta see the silver lining sometimes Vic."Castor retorted, grinning in delight as the first mouthful of wine caused his lips to buckle inward from its sourness.

"With a name like yours, we could have gotten tons of able-bodied men to join our cause. I know you're picky in recruiting members but slaves. Did we really have to raid that trader? West Blue slave dealers are big on revenge... Men in your position don't need unnecessary foes. Besides.Why didn't you take off their collars? If those things detonate during the exchange, we'll be screwed. Not the good kind, from the ass up."Newport responded, keeping the ship steadfast on course at the hind of the fleet, his right and left hands at ten and two on the steering wheel.

"Motivation. I can't secure loyalty in rag tag groups.I simply took them from one vessel... and brought them aboard mine to do the same thing. When this is all over, whoever survives will get their freedom. I'm not a missionary... I'm not their savior. I'm an act of misfortune. Whether they steer the odds in their favour or die a dog's death... That's up to how much they want to live."Castor concluded, finishing the ladle full of wine, he'd dip it back into the stone vessel. Fiddling between his fingers was the detonator for the collars; he'd stolen from the now deceased slavers.

Via his logia's ability, Castor picked up on conversations from surrounding vessels abreast to his own. Among the murmurs, words of the base coming into view registered on his internal radio's frequency, "Vic. How long until our canons come within range?"Castor inquired."Not long. I plan on using the other ships as shields if need be."Newport responded."And you call me the bad guy, Mr.Bloody Port." Castor said smugly.

Beckoning to one of the workers scrubbing the deck, "Go to Dax's room and tell him it's time." Castor commanded. The immediate look of nervousness on the man's face drew curiosity to Castor's own.

"Problem?" Castor inquired.

Pausing, his eyes shifted around in his sockets rapidly, the man finally broke his silence.

"Well... Sir. When you we're sleeping earlier, he took a bunch of the ladies back to his chamber and said if anyone disturbs him... he'll kill us on the spot. He also said... And I'm quoting here sir... 'Tell the imp I'm busy if he asks.' "the slave informed, paraphrasing as he'd refuse to repeat the dreadhead's expletives.

Sighing, "I swear. I've never seen one man care so much about shooting his load. Look. Tell Dax he has ten minutes to finish up, if he's not here in fifteen, i'm cutting his share of the treasure. Just say exactly what I tell you. That'll light a fire under his ass." Castor commanded.

Screams from a nearby vessel sent chills down the spine of all who heard it. It was gnarly, the kind of noise only the most bloody thirsty of men could howl. Coming from the ship, north east of his goddess's position. Grinning, Castor would continue to sip his rice wine, whistling in between, amused at it's soothing melody. It was a lullaby of sorts, which sailors would hum or whistle to themselves for comfort from the sea's mercy.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Word Count: 797 | Tagged: @Goldmonger

Notes: Intro.

Last edited by Castor O. Nox on Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:45 am; edited 2 times in total

[tracker=/t600-miku-e-sato#2421]
Name : Miku Etsuko Sato
Epithet : Rowdy Rascal
Height : 5'2"
Weight : 122 lb
Crew : Meddling Kids
Ship : The Scorned Lady
Bounty : [ber=r] 105,000,000
Shop Discount : 10%
Balance : [bel] 221,877,500
[[baneoftheweak]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[barrelcrazed]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:55 pm

[ seize life with your own hands ]

"Those are some pretty big ships, Cap’n.” Said Nick, the ship’s Bosman, with a worried smile on his face. The blonde gangly teen was looking appreciatively at all the ships that were sailing alongside the Scorned Lady. Each one having more cannons, scars, sails, crew, and even more character than the Scorned Lady did. Hell, their jolly rogers had better work done on them than the Meddling Kids’ own. Nick wasn’t the only crew member nervous with the situation they found themselves in but none were willing to voice it. It was obvious enough.

“They are, and one day we’ll be able to get one too. Not that I plan on getting rid of the Scorned Lady anytime soon, she’ll always have a place with us.” Miku was standing towards the bow of the Scorned Lady, leaning on the railing and observing the impressive gathering of pirates. This was it, their first big move on the world stage. It was nerve wracking and even Miku was visibly shaking, though if it was with fear or excitement the crew couldn’t decide. The woman was surprised to be here, sailing besides such big names such as the Primetime pirates and Apollo’s Pompokolin’s.

The air was heavy aboard the Scorned Lady and the pressure only increased as they drew closer to their destination, Las Camp. This mounting pressure was a stark reminder of how her little crew even got wind of this gathering. A job offer by the Yonkou Firebear’d himself, not that the title meant much to her before meeting that other bastard. The bastard in question being former Yonkou, Gray Starks. The Meddling Kids had the ‘honor’ of meeting the bastard in the South Blue, and ended that meeting under his foot with their faces in the sand. It was a grim lesson that they really were just a bunch of fleas to those with real power. Despite this, he apparently believed Miku and her crew had shown some promise because he decided to impart some wisdom on the young captain. Part of that wisdom being this chance to make her crew known on the world stage, an opportunity Miku was not willing to pass up on.

“Gather the crew real quick, I think it’s time for a last minute speech.” The Rascal said to Nick who promptly did as asked. After waiting a few minutes her entire crew, of only ten, were gathered on the deck. Miku pushed off the railing and walked back towards her waiting nakama, seeing and feeling the tension among them. “You all know I’m not one for speeches but I’d be damned if this isn’t the time for one.” This was followed by a couple of chuckles. “You all may recognize some of the ships we are sailing beside by now. That’s right people, we are playing with the big kids now.” A moment of silence was allowed to let that sink in, “These crews are some of the most feared, blood-thirsty, chaotic, deadly, and experienced pirates out there. They are everything that makes Marines cry at night and quake in their boots. That is who we sail with. That is not us.” A frown appeared on Miku’s face as she admitted this. “But that is WHY we are here now! We will prove that we are just as deadly, just as cutthroat, just as worthy of calling ourselves pirates!” Miku’s voice was raised as she tried to instill some courage into her crew. “Now I want all of you to cast away any doubts, fears, or reservations you may still have after joining this crew. You all chose this life and now it’s time we show the world we are no longer the forgotten and lost children, the castaways. No, we are the Meddling Kids and we will show those bastards what happens when they ignore the cries of those in need! We are the personification of the lost and forgotten! They will feel our wrath!!” A cry came from the entire crew with that and they all raised their fists into the air.

With the speech done and the crew fired up, hopefully, Miku pulled her first mate and Navigator aside to talk about their roles. “Okay, I know we’re all itching to cause trouble but we have to be a little smarter than usual here. Lot’s at stake out here, these aren’t our waters.” Miku paused to let the two mull her words over before continuing. “Now, I want you to stay on the ship just in case things go sideways, Kon. Now before you say anything, as my First Mate the safety of the crew and the Scorned Lady are yours if I’m not around. I’ll be on the ground for whatever happens and if things go wrong, I want you here to lead our boys home. Got that?” A stern look was aimed at Kon before the attention shift over to Emi.

“I want you on the ground with me, though I’d like if you routed a path home for Kon to follow before we leave. Just in case.” The silence after allowed for Emi’s response before continuing. “If this all goes bottoms up I want this ship ready to sail back to the South Blue at the drop of a hat. Your call when the crew leaves, Kon. With or without us. I trust you to know what decision will be right at the time.” Miku takes a deep breath before wrapping up her orders. “This is it, any questions before we force our names into the history books?” A mischievous smirk followed the question as the Rascal looked at her two nakama.

@'Emi Roromiya'

Trackers:

Goldmonger
Goldmonger
[tracker=/t1979-dax-morgan#10865]
Name : Dax Morgan
Epithet : Goldmonger
Height : 6'5"
Weight : 250
World Position : Shichibukai (Future)
Crew : Gold | Works
Ship : Cleopatra
Devil Fruit : Goru Goru no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 27,900,000
Shop Discount : -25%
Balance : [bel] 117,500,000
[[hardboiled]][[berryprinter]]
[[ancientzoan]]x2[[logia]][[firstaidkit]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:46 pm
Covered in just about every bodily fluid, Dax and several of the freshly recruited female slaves were entangled in a mass of sticky flesh, writhing about like snakes sliding across each other slowly. Moans and screams echoed from the cabin, gathering a few ears from passerby's, most slaves who have longed for the touched of a woman for some time. Though, true to his avaricious nature, Dax did not share anything, especially his women.

Suddenly a knock came at the cabin door, followed by the slow creaking of it as it was opened cautiously by the delivery slave. "S…Sir…." He muttered, cracking the door even more, the light growing in the room at the same pace as the door opening.

Revealing Dax entangled with several women on top of a giant pile of gold, "I guess you weren't around when I said anyody that fuckin bothers me dies.." Dax snarled, his golden fangs twinkling in the light.

"L-..Lord Castor Requests your pr-…presence s-…sir….." The slave stuttered, bracing himself for the worst.

"That little fuck requests my presence?!" Dax laughed, "Bwhahahahahahaha! Tell em to go fuck emself!" He boomed joyously, "Now get the fuck out before I kill ya." Dax finished, shewing the man away before turning back towards his women.

"Lord…Lord Castor says your treasure will be halved if you don’t come…!" He shouted, bowing in respect with his eyes clinched shut out of fear. The atmosphere in the room changed, seemingly growing darker, heavier by the second. Bloodlust radiated out of the cabin, the women quickly removed themselves from the goldmonger's sides and the delivery slave was frozen in fear as beads of sweat ran down his face and onto the wooden floorboards. Suddenly, the pressure felt like it was crushing him, he could feel himself almost gasping for breath and a rush of fear like a predator with its fangs at his neck. Until it was gone, like it had never existed, followed by a light tap onto his shoulder. Raising himself up, the slaves eyes met with Dax's smiling face, renewing a false sense of comfort until a hand swiftly palmed his head and lifted him into the air.

"You can tell that little fuckin imp that all the treasure is mine.." He barked angrily as the slave desperately clawed at the his golden clad hand as he gasped for air. The slave could feel the pressure on his skull, the metal fingertips digging into his flesh and cracking his bone. "On second thought…" Dax mumbled, "I'll tell that little fuck myself." He snarled as liquid gold rushed off his hand and into the slaves nose, mouth, and eyes, before hardening and expanding inside of the slaves skull, his body dinging as it was tossed aside onto the floor, the metal on metal crying out. Dax stormed through the corridors of the vast ship before stomping up the steps to the upper deck. "Where the fuck is he?!" Dax shouted as he did so, "WHERE IS THAT LITTLE FUCKING IMP?!!" His voice now louder and more aggressive, the bloodlust oozing off of him. As he broke through the deck doors, the light from the sun greeted his unadjusted eyes, and as they refocused, Castor's tiny form came into focus. The goldmonger moved swiftly towards him and easily yanked the tiny man up by his kimono's collar, "WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TAKING MY GOLD?!?!" He raged, his right arm cocked back with golden claws bared, ready to tear into his captain. Though, before he could finish, his gaze averted to the dozens of ships that sat in the bay surrounding Las Camp. "The fuck you sail us into cap'n?" He paused for a moment to take in the sight before responding, "Looks like a fuck on of fun~!" He smile maliciously, lowering his tiny captain back to the deck floor.

Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:31 am

Don't cause a scene~!

“I cannot believe I agreed to that,” grumbled Antoinette, leaping off the creaking cart as it approached land. With her tall figure, she managed to cross the last stretch of water gracefully without any expense to her billowing skirt, but the passengers she abandoned yelped with fright as the floating cart rocked precariously. “Oh, stop your wailing!” she snapped before a word of complaint could leave the lips of her crewmates. “Oliver, you know this is all your fault. Why did you have to answer the call from that damned Djinn?”

“That’s Djinn-san to you, witch!” barked the smaller girl, always ready with a fiery retort at any ill mention to her idol.

“Don’t get started again, you hags,” grumbled Cherry bad-mannerly, reaching for the edge of the dock. He tried to scramble unceremoniously off the fleshy mountain piled on top of the cart, failed and caused another wave of panic to resonate across the remaining crew. “And I’m not taking sides, but if Oliver hadn’t been hanging off every word from the geezer leader and insisted on being ”discreet”, we wouldn’t all be piled on top of Alice’s cart.”

“I’ll tear that shrimp to shreds when all this is over,” promised Becker in agreement from the water at the head of the cart, blowing angry bubbles on the surface of the water as he dragged the cart closer to the dock. “Cherry, stop moving or I’ll sink the bloody cart.”

“Careful, everyone!” muttered Fable nervously, who had been forced to swim alongside the cart with Rozene the warrior mink on account of his sheer size and weight. Despite that, he had refused to discard a single item of clothing and he paid the price for his stubborn decision. He had struggled to stay afloat as he paddled clumsily from the Wonderland Hatch, which was anchored far off in the distance where it would remain unspotted if it weren’t looked for. “We have a devil fruit user onboard and Becker really can’t afford to save her if she falls off.”

Credible to his unspoken role as the crew mediator, the comment proved to silence the Bonbons. At least until they were all assembled on the dock.

Still grumbling under his breath, Becker pulled himself out of the water and Fable flopped down next to him, panting heavily as his soaken clothes dripped and pooled under his body. Following close behind, who had made the swim much easier than the musician, was the crew’s mink member.

He was a large warrior mink and as he pulled himself out of the water, his ragged claws scraped against the wooden dock. Once he stood to his full height, towering at the same eye level as the crew’s other giant, Fable, he shook out his fur and a torrent of water rained down on the rest of the crew. This elicited a unanimous growl from the tower of Bonbon X members, but a deeper and more beastly growl silenced any complaints.

He grabbed his tail and wrung out the rest of the excess water lingering in his fur. He hadn't said anything when the news of the mink pirates had circulated the crew discussions and the crew in turn had respected his silence. While his history wasn't known in its entirety, the members had suspected he had shaky ties with the mink tribe.

In contrast to the waterlogged giants, Becker was in perfect fashion form and the water simply slipped effortlessly off his clothes. To his credit, the bombastically dressed fishman had put in an attempt at the whole “discreet” plan. But when Antoinette had made her ostentatious arrival to the upper deck that morning in her enormously poofy dress, daring bertha neckline and heaving parasol, Becker had stormed furiously and red-faced back to his cabin.

When he returned, he had on a pair of pink leather pants, ripped sporadically with a golden chain wrapped twice through the belt hoops. Above it, he wore a mesh singlet paired with a fabulous white trench coat festooned with sequins and an explosive array of rainbow feathers lining the sleeves and hood.

Thick, golden chains adorned his neck and more delicate chains wound several times around both his forearms, attached to heavily jewelled rings on his thumb and middle finger. Perched daringly on his head, he sported a feather headdress with golden plaits twisted around the crown.

He had swept his azure eyes across the crew when he had made his second appearance, daring them to question him. But they had all deftly avoided his eyes, with the exception of Antoinette who had smirked knowingly. Because as ridiculous as they declared him to be out loud, they secretly admitted he looked great (what’s Becker’s thoughts doing in the narration?!).

“I dare you to say that about Djinn-san again!” shouted Oliver, her violet eyes sparking.

“Why are you so obsessed with him anyway?” countered Freya. He stood back-to-back with his twin, Friday, who appeared disinterested in the current skirmish.

“It’s not like he’d be interested in a runt like you, anyway,” added Friday boredly, affirming that he was ready to backup his brother despite his own divestment.

Oliver reeled back, an expression of sheer horror spreading across her face as though the twins had dealt a physical blow. She spluttered incoherently, but failed to deliver one of the fluent retorts she was so renowned for.

“Now, now,” a voice with strained cheerfulness sounded from the cart.

Heads turned to the young captain of the rowdy bunch, who had been buried at the very bottom of the passengers and had suffered the full consequences to his back. He now quite literally understood the true responsibilities of a captain in carrying the weight of a crew on his shoulders. Sweeping his eyes across the group, he then clambered unsteadily off his beloved cart—currently deprived of his beloved treasures—feeling his bones complain noisily in the process.

“We’re here now, so we might as well do what we were ordered to,” he declared boldly, throwing his chin forward.

His crew stared dumbfoundedly at him, disbelieving.

“What?” he asked, with a hint of indignity.

They turned abruptly to Becker, expecting him to understand the sudden roundabout in their “respectful” captain’s behaviour. The crew, especially Oliver and Antoinette, weren't in a habit of turning to the moody fishman, but desperate times apparently called for desperate measures. The fishman—currently in the process of swiping drops of water off his blue-scaled skin—paused and shrugged.

“You heard him,” he said and continued to rid himself of the last potentially damaging droplets.

More silence ensued; mouths gaped; eyes bulged. Whatever was going to happen to Bonbon X now?

TRACKERS:

cait at btn

Last edited by Baltroy on Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:37 am

THAT'S RIGHT

I'M TALKING TO YOU.

BLACKBELL A. WREN

Trailing behind the group of fancy-dressed maniacs was what some might have considered to be an unexpected sight, but was no less a lunatic than those she mingled with. Whizzing through the air above the heads of the pirates who had made their dramatic entrance from the meeting-hall was a thumb-sized tontatta girl with mechanical wings, her silver tail flicking restlessly as she circled the group.

She wore an expression of boredom, partially because she could only be idle before the still of the storm broke and mostly because she had woken up with no abrupt changes to her original body. Her only solace was the white Primetime suit she donned, including a bright red tie, white dress shirt with strawberry red stripes, white waistcoat and grey trousers both laden with silver-threaded embroidery depicting mystical fires and fleeing wildlife. But there was still something missing and she now whirled artlessly through the air with her arms crossed as she contemplated the dilemma.

“Psst!” The tontatta froze mid air, her mechanical wings fluttering noiselessly.

“Psst!” the voice came again and she swept her hazel eyes across the grunts, until laying rest to a pot-bellied man with hair and flies covering every inch of his exposed skin. He beckoned her eagerly and she immediately complied, hopeful of something interesting. “Here, Miss Fluffy, I thought you’d appreciate this.”

He held up his heavily calloused palms and Wren peered inside his cupped hands. Her eyes lit up with excitement and when she returned to the parade of notable Primetime crew members, her face was shining brightly without a trace of her former apathy. She now fashioned two new items, one a massive red clown nose which she wriggled happily and the other a rainbow afro twice the size of her head. In her excitement, she had completely missed the first half of her captain’s rally, but her attention was pulled back when she heard her name called.

“Aye, aye, captain!” she exclaimed, tumbling through the air until she landed delicately on her captain’s bare shoulder, where she found herself a comfortable throne.

With her much happier mood, she readily joined in the uproar that followed the closing of the dark-skinned man’s speech, clapping and laughing gleefully. She threw were arms into the air, calling for war and blood in such an innocent manner that it was almost difficult to register the gravity of her cheers. And yet, she was arguably one of the most enthusiastic for the first instance where blood would be drawn, indifferent to the prospect of lost lives. As contradicting as outer appearances were, Wren was at heart a Primetime pirate.

TRACKERS:

Acacia
Acacia
Kurotane (Black Seed)
[tracker=/t897-grimm-aldous-acacia#4096]
Name : Acacia
Epithet : "Black Seed" ("Kurotane")
Height : 8'5" / 257 cm
Weight : 351 lbs / 159 kg
Faction : New Revolutionary Army
Devil Fruit : Mochi Mochi no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 250,000,000
Balance : [ber] 582,800,000
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:36 am

An ominous whisper of the wind ruffled through the black spikes for hair as he stood on the precarious edge of the lonesome ridge. Philosophical minds might have called these whistles chimes of fate. Not him. For him, the chilly relief from the searing heat was little more than an encouragement to his lethargy.

An undefined time ago... (Do I look like a timekeeper?)

”Are you sure you won’t change your mind later?” The furrowed rosewood glare still managed to betray a kind gesture behind it.

”I’m sure, Djinn-san. I’m not fit to lead.” The young soldier bowed politely—mocked by a snortle. ”You know your humility somehow always manages to sound shallow.” The source of the mockery was a man not much older than its target, his sable dreadlocks caressing his bare shoulders.

”You want the truth, Yedi-ya? I just don’t wanna be responsible for anyone.” The younger one sighed, knowing his words would do little to justify his self-indulgent reasons. ”Keep quiet, ignorant fool. You not taking any responsibility is only evidence that you are useless to this cause. Even that bumbling band of misfits are more dutiful than you.”

The patient Commander-in-Chief of the NRA interjected with a smile. ”Now, now. Don’t be so harsh, Yedidiyah. Just earlier you were mentioning how efficient Acacia was on your last expedition.” The disciplinarian pouted like a pufferfish. ”Don’t use my own words against me, Djinn-san! I’m trying to make a point.” A half-victorious smirk sat on the spiky-haired loafer, immediately rebuked with a sharp knuckle-rap on the back of his head. ”Don’t sneer like you’ve gotten away with it.” Acacia only mumbled illegibly and rubbed the sore spot.

”Speaking of the band of misfits, I might have an idea.” The young one knew not who they spoke of, but a ”band of misfits” and ”an idea” put together certainly didn’t sound very reassuring. It was as he feared.

”Since you refuse to lead a crew yourself, I should assign you to Ronx.” He recognized the name vaguely, though unsure of the origin. Acacia languidly inquired after the crew’s name—still frowning—to which Yedi-ya replied on the seated man’s behalf. ”Bonbon X. Though Djinn-san refuses to call them that. A futile struggle if you ask me. But, he’s not wrong. Your ability might even be popular with their buffoon captain.” Bonbon X sounded like the last place he wanted to be - no matter how suitable his devil fruit was. But if it meant avoiding having to lead subordinates of his own, it was a tolerable compromise. He did not protest.

”In fact, I’ve sent Garland to guide them on a mission in the West Blue. He was complaining too, so you can help him out. It’s decided then. You’ll be first mate to Ronx and his crew.”

He was about to relent when he heard those final debilitating words. ”Wait what--First mate?! NO! That’s not what I--” And that was that.

An equally undefined time later… (No, I’m still not a timekeeper)

Acacia was red as a beet while he strained—burdened by five elephant-sized daifukus hanging low—climbing up the smooth face of the cliff bare-handed and bare-footed. More often than not, the unsteady rocky protrusions would snap off under the load, only delaying his rise to the summit. He could only hope that the stripped rocks did not impede the shorty climbing after him.

His teeth chattered violently, nearly giving up on the string of mochi which held onto one of the fat sacks of delicious sweets (though he’d never admit it) he’d created to inflict himself this torturous exercise. After another hour of said torture, the climb was over. A tall and thin frame stood on the edge, awaiting the two climbers impatiently. He swept back his thick and wavy, creamy blonde hair behind one ear. Looking down on the new arrivals with a sly smile, he spoke to a droopy transponder snail—which seemed to be struggling to stay awake. ”--They're sitting right beside me.” He ached too much to follow the conversation, his scarlet eyes hazy when they looked out at the sea.

He forced himself to stand and, with a wayward glance, caught a stray group of clowns landing onto the island, noisy as can be. With that fox-like grin still wreathed on his lips, the Black Mage spoke. ”Alright then, let’s have you two meet the Bonbon X candies, shall we?”

If only I’d known then how mochi trouble I was in for.

Tags: @Baltroy @Howai @Zenitsu
Notes:

TRACKERS:
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:14 pm
Bearing a Bear's Ways
World Event
Tanaka Howai
A cute girl, who has a propensity for pickpocketing

The waves were calm and steady. At level two of the Wonderland Hatch, Howai examined the huge “Games room”. On the left hand side she saw a long table. On top of it different delicious looking dishes. In front of it she could see one of the twins. Is that Freya? Howai still could not tell the twins and kept mistaking names.

What she did notice, however, was that she had to prepare more food. Without addressing Freya (or was it Friday?), she went to the large kitchen. There was just a little girl, looting the fruit stocks. With her back turned to Howai she rummaged in the box.

The voice of the new cook interrupted the constant noise of Digging.
With a loud "AAAHHH" Oliver fell head over heels in the box. Howai hurried to help her out. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." The two women faced each other and none of them getting out a single word. You could see how embarrassing the situation was for both of them.

The ringing of a transponder snail broke the lingering silence in the kitchen. Without hesitating, or speaking she took up the snail. When she heard the voice on the other end, Oliver's face blushed slightly.

Few minutes passed until she came back. „We have to go. Hurry!“ said Oliver without going into any detail. Oliver grabbed the whole crew and without a second thought, they were all cramped into a way too small-sized boat.

~~~ Sometime later somewhere on the ocean ~~~

Due to her small size, Howai was nearly on the top of the literal pile of humans. At first, she thought it was the better choice, so she wouldn‘t be buried, but at that moment she realized that it wasn't better up there. She was afraid that she would fall into the water. Of course, Becker was nearby, but she was the only one in the crew, who couldn‘t swim.
Cherry didn't make it better with his tries to reach the top. With every attempt, a little water splashed into the cart and Howai's heartbeat became faster. „Please stop, Cherry“ she muttered.
While the others quarreled with each other (like they always do in such situations... not that being pilled is a common situation….), she lay motionless and covered her eyes.

A single remark from the captain silenced everyone until they reached the beach of the island. Just arriving, Howai jumped off the cart, right into the sand and sank on her knees. „Finally it‘s over.“ Howai beamed with joy.

But something wasn‘t right. Kneeling there she didn't get rid of the feeling that someone was watching them...

Tracker:

Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:25 pm
Cobalt yawned as she sat cross legged next to the mobile cage that housed what could only be described as a beast over a human being, or at least that's what she preferred to consider him. They had an altercation during a meeting with the navy which had resulted in a rampage, who knew such a sucker could get upset over being turned down. He was of course complaining about the cage in the most obnoxious way possible, perhaps he needed a bit of a taunting to lighten his spirits... or dampen them. "Bullhead, would you like me to sing for you?" She asked knowing he would likely get upset about the nick name, but it was very very fitting for his hot head. This was getting boring and this guy was going to annoy her to no end, if only someone else had shown up to keep her company she wouldn't have minded, but this was just going to make her angry. "Well too bad, cause I'm not going to sing for the likes of you, I'm going to go get something to eat." She taunted as she got up regardless of if he even responded to her in the first place, and thus she would wander off to go raid some food from somewhere, maybe there was some leftovers in the marines mess hall.

She had wandered around for a quite a bit until she found herself a desirable meal, a whole bucket full of barbecued ribs all for her. Sadly however all the wandering had resulted in her getting lost on her way back to taunt the wild animal again, instead she had ended up on the complete opposite side of the island with barbecue stained fingers. Eventually she would have garnered the attention of a marine who had taken the opportunity to tell her she ended up on the wrong side of the island. "HUH! DO YOU THINK I'M LOST!?" She yelled at him angrily, but it was true she did get lost only she was lying through her teeth as if her reputation was on the line, the glare from her unpatched eye was the stuff of nightmares, the kind of visage that earned her the title of demon blade. This also scared the poor scamp away which only got an exasperated sigh out of the Shichibukai, maybe she was being too harsh on the poor lad, she really wasn't as scary as her glare implied, or was she. Oh well it didn't matter, maybe it was a good thing she ended up far away from that caged beast, it was probably bad for her health to be around him. Things were also a bit too quite on this side of the island as well with most of the attention being directed towards the fleet of pirate ships making their approach, perhaps being here might deter any rear assaults, ha look at her being strategic even if it was just an excuse to avoid the wild animal.

STATS TRACKER:
0 TECHNIQUES | 0 PASSIVES | 0 ACTIVES:
DAMAGE TRACKER:
TECHNIQUE COOLDOWNS:
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:39 am
     With the sunset stretching through the leaves, he sat, back up against his favorite tree. Baterilla had been his home for as long as he had known; he knew most of the merchants, and life was quite easy to get by within this tropical town. Yet, this wasn’t the life that he envisioned for himself -- he may get scared easily, but the wanderlust still burned with him. A hefty sigh leaving his body, Zenitsu made sure his family heirloom was well strapped to his waist. A stretch of the arms and a brown sparrow fluttering to rest right atop his head, he slowly walked back towards town, mind filled with the wandering thoughts of where his voyage would lead him….

How? How did it come to this?” His thoughts were interrupted by the shadow of the legendary man standing before him. Djinn. Though being midday, he could not help but feel a chill run straight through his body. The aura exuding from him demanded attention, and even his brown sparrow was unusually quiet, almost as if he was standing at attention. Zenitsu had just been minding his own business, traveling from island to island through whatever mode of travel was available to him. It had been relaxing, watching the starry night skies pass night after night. As Djinn began to speak, however, it quickly became clear that his relaxed nights of travel were quickly going to be a thing of the past…

Breathing heavily, Zenitsu wiped the sweat off his brow, gazing up at the massive man climbing above him. “Does he really need all of those daifukus? Can he make bearing all that weight?” His wandering mind crashed back into reality when a rock careened straight into his face. His brown sparrow chirped while flying nearby; it almost seemed as if it was a mocking call, laughing at Zenitsu’s misfortune. With one last heave, he flung himself over the final edge, falling face first into the ground’s hard embrace.

As he flipped himself over, wiping sweat from his brow, he heard the Black Mage reply “--They’re sitting beside me.” Zenitsu’s appreciation for Garland’s lie quickly turned to a stream of anxious thoughts.
“Alright then, let’s have you two meet the Bonbon X Candies, shall we?”

Can a sparrow live on the high seas?

TRACKERS:
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:15 am
Creak, creak. Creak, groan. Creak, swish. The sounds of a rather gammy boat lazily listing through the waves could be heard as fog rolled in with the ship, using something on the ship to produce the fog so that it could travel shrouded without its crew being seen. What could be seen was the main mast and the main sail that bore the jolly roger of the Millennium Pirate, The Dreaded Captain League, a man that was rumored to have been the captain of his crew for five hundred years, a storied and hallowed history that was designed to instill fear in to the minds of those that heard the story, a crew that never sinks, a crew that never ends, a ship that always sails the ocean. All of it utter crock.

Sitting on the bow of the ship, with a set of ink brushes and little wells of colored ink, a girl sat with her legs crossed on the deck of the Demi-Millennium, drawing a series of cartoonish things while she would hold her hand up and let ink drip from her fingers to refill the wells so she could continue to draw without bothering the quarter master. In the background, the low hum of men working to sea shanties could be heard, the girl, however, minded her own business despite the tri-corn hat that rested upon her head.

What stood out about this girl? It wasn't that she was the smallest on the crew, smaller by several feet. It wasn't that she was blessed with the power of a devil and able to produce ink at will. It was that, despite being on a crew of fish men and merfolk, she was human. Well, relatively speaking. The dark rings around her eyes and hair made out of tentacles made her stick out as clearly not fully human. Laguna Kara Marie, the next in line to become the Dreaded Captain League. HOw'd that work? Well, all good stories trickle in the details as you read, if you wanted all the answers and got them in the first page, that would defeat the purpose of a good story, no? For now, just know that this girl was destined to become Captain League, but deep down, she didn't want it.

It was time to restock the ship's storage, so, docking in at Las Camp, a marine town, might not have been the best choice, though the higher ups in the World Government knew the truth behind the five hundred year old legend, others might not. In fact, it was such a trouble trying to dock at the island, they had to find a spot devoid of marine ships to try and approach so that they could start to resupply. Marie, wanting to get out in to the field after being cooped up on that boat for so long, would utilize the fog brought in by the boat as it washed in to the landing spot, far from marine crews, to cover her escape. Grabbing that giant paint brush the size of a spear, she would get off the boat and make a break for it in to the town for some time to relax, and to work on her art.

"Glub, that kid is going to be the death of me, and likely by my old man's glubbing hand. Glub." Mumbled a man who watched Laguna run from the ship at the helm, the current Captain League. So much was happening already, and so much more would happen, no matter what, Laguna would see to it she at least got one person to know the truth of this legend, and that she wanted to get off of this forsaken crew.
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:58 pm
It was a brand new day and a brand new week for Akihiko and his crew of misfits. They had arrived at Las Camp ahead of schedule and as such, they were allowed a bit of free time before well, you already know. So here they were, sitting at one of the many restaurants that tended to the marines when Akihiko's Den Den Mushi starting ringing. Sighing as he slowly reached into his pocket to pull out the den den mushi. It had transformed into one of his many superiors appearance as he spoke. "Akihiko present, sir."

The instructions that came from the den den mushi had instructed him to get to the meeting point. Steps were one of the few reasons Akihiko and his crew weren't always in trouble as well, the man(Steps) tended to keep a lookout for the young commodore. This also meant that Akihiko had to keep up his appearance whenever he was in one of the headquarters. Responding with a soft chuckle and a warm smile, Akihiko looked at his crew. "As you command." While still smiling, the male known as Akihiko Mori slowly stood up and then went to pay for his and his crew's meal. "Thanks for the food."

With those words, he pointed his middle finger and pointer finger toward the ceiling and then made a circular motion for the crew to wrap up and head out. Instantly his whole crew had gone quiet, finished their meals, pushed in their chairs and left. With a smile at the waitress and a wink, Akihiko walked toward the door. Awaiting at the door was Jackson and Martha. Jackson holding Akihiko's black and gold coat while Martha simply waited for her commander. Smiling at his two friends, Akihiko grabbed his coat and then put it on. As he had put the coat on it slightly flapped with the movement until settling nicely. "It's about to begin," Akihiko spoke to his two officers. "Make sure the crew is ready."

The two officers; Jackson and Martha nodded their heads and then went outside to join their crew while Akihiko followed after them. As the whole of the 45th Shock Battalion had emerged from the restaurant, Akihiko spoke. "Alright, boys and girls. Our duty is simple. Protect the citizens and stay alive. If you find yourself outnumbered, retreat. Fight dirty, fight hard, and most of all...don't let any pirate escape. You have your orders, now...let's get to it." Akihiko smiled after he said that small little speech and walked toward one of the many docks. As the group got closer and closer, they could see more marines stationed around. Then Akihiko noticed the 118th Battalion, this is where Steps would be. So it meant they had arrived.

Moving his hand, he signaled for his crew to get into position as he got into position.
Emi Roromiya
Emi Roromiya
[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways CHwDBFC
[tracker=/t1015-emi-roromiya#4973]
Name : Emi Roromiya
Epithet : Smiling Slayer
Height : 5'5"
Weight : 130 lbs
World Position : N/A
Crew Role : Navigator/ First Mate
Devil Fruit : N/A
Bounty : [ber=r] 31,600,000
Balance : [ber] 22,050,000

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:28 am
@Miku E. Sato
posting templates are fun
Prove yourself and RISE RISE

While the air was heavy aboard the Scorned Lady, the air around a certain green hair girl was completely different. She wasn't the type of person who let many things get to her. So instead of a look of worry, she wore a smile upon her face as she looked out at the sea that surrounded them. The excitement that she felt from the different flags that she laid her eyes on was hard for her to hold back. She was vaguely aware that each and everyone one of them was much stronger than herself but that didn't make her any less excited to be in their presence.

She would only be broken from the focus she had on the other ships by Nick as he gathered the crew for their captain. Emi tore her eyes away from the sites she was taking in so she could join the rest of, her newly joined, crew to listen to the captain speak. It was obvious that they were some rather small fish in leagues with fish bigger than themselves. That fact still seemed to not bother the swordswomen in the slightest. If those around her thought this odd would surely one day get used to the fact that she was quite the optimist or rather easily excitable.

If she hadn't already been pumped for the kind of situation that they had found themselves in then Miku's speech would have encouraged her. She didn't hesitate to join the crew as they roared out at the end of her speech with a big grin upon her face. It was odder to see her without a smile on her face than without one. This would be something that the crew and all its members would soon learn of her. She had only just recently joined their crew during their last adventure with an ex yonkou. It had been pretty interesting and exciting.

The green-haired girl joined her captain and the first mate upon the former's request. She merely nodded her head when she told the two of them that they had to be a little smarter here than normal. There was definitely a great lot at risk here as they joined all these big hitters and their attack on this island. She looked at her captain as if encouraging her to continue on with her thoughts so that they could truly understand was on her mind. Her mind only wondered a bit as she addressed her first mate as she thought about the fights that were to come for them.

However, as her attention shifted back to Emi she returned her full attention back to the captain. The words that came from Miku's mouth only seemed to please the swordswoman as she was told she would be on the ground with her. Before they could get to the ground, she had been asked to chart a map to help lead Kon and the rest of the crew home if they fell upon trouble. "Aye aye, cap'n. I can definitely whip something up for monkey boy." She was more than willing to do anything that could help Kon in the case that they needed to escape.

Emi would shake her head no with a smile as the bluenette asked if they had any before they continued onward. She had no objections and had no questions that she could think of off the top of her head. Instead, she excused herself so she could work on the task that she had been given by her captain. She found a place that was somewhat quiet and started her work on the map for Kon. She wanted it to be perfect but then again she wanted all of her charting to be perfect no matter what it was for.

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Make'em remember you, RISE

coded by heroin of gs and adox

Last edited by Emi Roromiya on Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:43 am

- RISE -
"Together, we’re gonna rise with the morning light."

From above, the two forces looked like little more than lines of ants. The pirate armada a massive swath that was made of numerous shapes and sizes. The ten or so warships that stood in opposition with a number of smaller ships probably half its size.  It was but a matter of time before both sides maneuvered into firing range, and no matter how one looked at it, the position of those Marines was not an enviable one. They were an obstacle that their opponents sought to pass, nothing more. A vanguard thrown to the wolves, one whose sole purpose was to desperately attempt to defang as many as they could before they fell.

Even the small navigator of the Xu Fu was tempted to focus on the base behind them, but the boy was a good little sailor.  Given there wasn’t exactly much charting to be had outside of already prepared escape contingencies, the boy made not a single complaint when told to scope out the enemy ahead from up high, and did exactly as told while keeping himself aloft by holding onto a large sailcloth. The task was one some might have called it pointless, paranoid, but Mazin understood well that one didn't underestimate enemies left with nowhere else to go. The last thing anyone wanted was to have their ship torn to pieces by desperate enemies, especially when sailing ahead of a singular, bloodthirsty mass.

Eventually he descended back down, however, returning to the Xu Fu's deck to a jarring reality as warcries, distant speeches, and barked orders given by unfamiliar voices gave way to those known and maybe perhaps ever so slightly endeared.

As he landed on deck a rather strange trio caught his eye, only to then give him a warm wave in unison as he bundled his sailcloth under his arm. Two girls made up part of the trio, a pair of sisters even younger than him. Beside them was a tall redhead named Whisper, who stood on deck barefoot, as always.

The eldest sister was the first to speak, "Shorty! Welcome back!"

Sensing what was to come, Whisper cut in defusively. "Get a good look at things from up there?"

“Yeah, thanks." Mazin replied, shooting the first girl a cold stare. "And stop calling me short, Estelle, you're just as tall as me! Besides, shouldn't the two of you be inside?"

"Ew, no way! Have you seen some of these ships?! They're so cool! Theres this one ship that I bet you'd totally like the flag of, given your hair n' all, and even one with some clowns."

Mazin blinked. "You mean the Primetime Pirates?" He paused for a moment, thoughtful. Impish, even. "You know, I heard they eat people..."

"Well, they are clowns," Whisper added in casually, "Of course they eat people."

"Yeah, duh! Even I know that, Mazin," Estelle said. Behind her, the younger twin nodded.

Mazin stared at them all, blank-faced. Then Whisper placed a hand on his back, "That said, me and the girls here were actually just making some plans here for when this is all over...I'm sure the Captain and you have your own plans to get ready, yeah?" In turn Mazin nodded dully, giving the other two girls a quick goodbye and his own wave in parting.

With all too much of a reminder of just what he had to fight for, something he suspected was in part Whisper's design while parading them around on deck, he made his way back inside.  He would never admit it aloud, but the pair of girls reminded him of himself before he ran into Sinbad. Although this time he wouldn't be the one stuck staying behind.  

For the first time in a long time, he had something to prove. For once, he was more excited than scared, even if it was this one time that he should be.

JUNIER of GS+ Adox

OOC & TRACKERS:

Last edited by Mazin on Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:04 am

"Oh boy. D'is 'bout te be a bit of a doozy 'ere boyos. (Oh god, this is going to be a problem.)" With an accent nearly twice as thick as her thicc, the woman with ginger hair and crocodile-like teeth found herself astonished by the big fucking picture. See, it donned on her a bit late. She had been playing cards with the boys and didn't hear the alert going off that there were pirates nearby. Why in teh fuck are d'eze lads in last camp? (Why are there pirates here in Las Camp??) The woman thought to herself as she rose up from the lawn chair that was somehow supporting her massive arse.

She'd move herself over to the nearest lookout tower, raising her hand upwards and peering out over the great blue. She was flabbergasted and completely taken unawares. If these bastards wanted a tussle in the sheets, they were going to get more than they bothered for. That much she was sure of. Luckily, the woman never took off her weapons of war. She was ready to throw down with any and every single one of the bastards. It didn't matter to her whom wanted the sauce, she would give it to them kindly.

She'd stroke a beard that never existed. Spitting out of her mouth towards the ground before raising up her wrists and checking the amount of fluid left in her canisters. Thank the gods that she somehow still had the brainpower to think to keep the damn things full. Unfortunately for these pirates, she was a bit of a pit master. And if they wanted to be hogs offering themselves up to be roasted, then she'd happily oblige.

Moving over towards the balcony of the lookout tower she'd leap off the edge and land with a thud. Good thing the fall wasn't so bad, she would dust off her tight leather suit and would place her hands on her hips. Eyes narrowed as she made her way across the base to meet up with individuals whom might have been more of her speed. She was a heavy practitioner of bombastic justice. That was to say, she liked to leave her victims barely recognizable. It was a form of excessive justice that was far more...entertaining. Far more...intimate. To that end, she loved the way it felt to beat the shit out of a pirate. Today would be no different.

Arrogance was her vice typically, but it seemed as though today of all days...that was no longer the case. Strangely enough, she found herself completely and utterly caught off guard by how many people were here freaking out. She'd approach one of the higher-ups, speaking to them with an attitude as she crossed her muscled arms underneath her weighty breasts.

"I dun' quite comprehen' how'n ere'one is freakin' oot. Buncha p*ss*es if'n I say so mi'self. (Is there something special about the enemy? Why is everyone behaving so cowardly?)" She seemed completely put off by what she was told, until her comrade explained the situation to her fully. She listened intently, but was only able to make out a few words. 'Blah blah blah, Yonko Crew, blah blah blah, Supernovas, Blah, Trouble, Blah, I'm a p*ss*e.' She got the gist and scratched at her chin for a moment before she placed a hand on her comrades shoulder. "JOOSTACE WILL'N BE DISPENSED!! (We got this, mate.)" With excitement behind her voice she would turn from the comrade and sprint off to join the main gathering horde of Marines. It was time to show just what a commodore was capable of.

NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

Name : Variable
Epithet : Variable
Height : Variable
Weight : Variable
Species : Variable
Faction : Variable
Crew : Variable
Ship : Variable
Crew Role : Variable
Devil Fruit : Variable
Bounty : Variable
Balance : Variable

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:57 pm

PIRATES

A year or so ago at Prodence Kingdom...

A harmony of laughs and childish squeaks littered the Gardens of Memory. A complete history of Prodence kingdom could nearly be told by simply walking among the trimmed hedges of kings and queens, knights and rivals, and heroes who were never named.

Ursus Berengar grunted and roared as playfully as a fifteen-feet-tall bear mink could. He lay flat on the grass, his large belly acting as a makeshift trampoline for no less than ten tiny humans. The children took turns crawling up along his soft, furry arms, racing up his chest before launching themselves off of the big, fat bear.

"That's enough children, Uncle Garr must be tired now." A delicate but firm voice demanded the attention of the happy little tykes. The demand was met with a chorus of "aww"s. The bear mink embraced the lot of them and rubbed his fluffy head and braided beard against them, drawling out an affectionate "Garrrchuuuuuu~!". The contradiction between his menacing voice and friendly tone incited the disciplinarian of the children to giggle.

"Fuhuhuhuhu~ Alright~ It's time for bed. Geoffrey, please take the children back to their parents." The troop of noble offsprings lined up with pouts and lingering raspberries behind the dark, suited gentleman who would escort them.

Queen Elizabella stepped forward slowly, the gold accents of her frilled gown grazing on the freshly mowed grass. She stood in silence beside Berengar with a clear view of the ocean.

The bear yawned loudly, prompting the queen to pin down her frock lest it turn inside out from the gust raised by the exhale. "You're thinking about leaving soon, aren't you?"

The yonkou sighed. A subtle smile exposed his canines as he spoke. "You-gara can't keep a wild bear trapped in a stone castle, Bella. The ocean is our home, as this kingdom is yours. If I never left, I would run out of stories to tell those brats. After all, it's a pirate's life for me."

Presently, near Las Camp's sole harbour...

Volleys from hundreds of cannons rained iron and death upon the hulking warships flying the Navy Seagull. Just as many munitions of destruction streaked across the distance to bring vengeance upon the pirate armada.

"Wut da heck argh we-teia dooin', Commandurr-roo?! Dose whoresheeps argh gonnu rip uz do shreds-aroo!" The wallaby mink's words might have sounded concerned, but the bloodthirsty crescent grin on her snout spoke louder.

The panther mink shooed her away. "If you-gara hadn't slept through the meeting, Roo, you would know what the plan is! Hell, I'm impressed that Boomer didn't spill the beans prematurely to you. We're lucky that Kita's with him, or I would've bet on him butchering this job."

Roo flourished her hot-pink mane and flared her burgundy tailcoat with sass few minks could match.

The panther mink walked to a sickly den den mushi and placed a one-way call meant to reach all ships allied in this assault. "This is Panther Lily. The plan is simple. When you-gara see the signal, punch through to the harbour and clear the way up to the central base. Here a--"

Roo interfered with a snappy suggestion. "Maaaybeee ju-teia shood tell dem (und me) wut da seegnul iz-aroo."

"SHUT YOUR MUZZLE, ROO! I TOLD YOU, YOU-GARA SLEPT THROUGH THE PLAN! EVERYONE ELSE KNOWS WHAT THE ZOU-DAMNED SIGNAL IS!!!"

A united "Ehhhhh! The commander's mad agaaaaain!" sounded on the deck of the Laguz. Roo was entirely unfazed by the lashing out she'd fallen victim to, as she'd already busied herself with cleaning her flintlocks.

The commander cleared his throat and continued as if he hadn't just blown a gasket on the mic. "As I was saying, invade the harbour landing once you see the signal." He unrolled a sheet full of names of the allied crews and provided directions on the flanks he expected them to take once they'd landed.

Of all the hullabaloo made about "the plan", the only signal the Feral Pirates had promised was "a festival of fireworks"; whether this signal was unmistakable or not remained to be seen.

The wait was not long. A chain of explosions was triggered upon the keels of a good number of the marine warships, damning them to a watery grave with little hope for rescue.

A feline smirk settled on the commander of the Feral Pirates.

NAVY

The Iron Beast rattled his steel cage violently, the sea stone links of his cuffs whipping against the bars. "I'm gonna shove my fuckin' tail up your rear, you blue cunt! Where are you going?! You scared that I might rip your demon ass? Yeahhhhh, walk away like the stubby little bitch that you are!"

Vice Admiral Bart Gordon casually leaned against the cage. "I hope you can see that Demon Blade already left. If not, I've got a spare pair of glasses you can borrow - though I'm not sure they'd fit on that big head of yours."

Vice Admiral Byron D. Warp laughed above; his cackle as dangerously loud as ever.

The detained shichibukai punched the metal bars, his knuckles unfazed despite the sturdy build of his temporary prison. "Whatever. Just let me out when the fighting starts. I refuse to sit here and wallow in boredom. I'll wreck their entire crew alone if you want."

Warp retorted with a tone sharper than the Iron Beast's claws. "You're a smart boy, even if you try hard not to look like one. I'm sure you know well enough that there are some real monsters on that crew besides Firebear'd himself. Monsters who'd love to use dinosaur bones for toothpicks."

The string of explosions at the harbour silenced the humour bred at the expense of the dinosaur-man. Rubill laughed maniacally. His hands squeezed two bars demanding to be unchained. With a heavy sigh, Gordon liberated the Iron Beast.

The shichibukai stepped forward near the edge of the platform beaming like a crow at a feast of corpses. Half the island stretched between them and the harbour, but that was no long walk for a bloody dinosaur.

The redhead's flesh morphed and thickened, his skin turning orange and scaly. Claws grew out of his nails, and his flat teeth turned into fangs that would put even a carnivorous mink to shame.

His height in the form of a dinosaur was smaller than one might expect, for he barely reached twice as high as the Demon-in-glasses (who himself was not particularly tall). But, his body from his nostrils to the end of his tail outstretched even the average longboat, and his steps were heavy enough to shake the earth ominously.

The ceratosaurus stretched his long neck and twisted it with grace, his wavy red hair flailing like a horse's mane. He drew a deep breath and roared. The dreadful trumpet of war likely reached the farthest ends of the island and perhaps even the approaching fleet.

"Try not to get yourself killed. And remember, there might still be some civilians left. I don't expect you to rescue them, but I demand that you keep them clear of your shenanigans. Understood?" There was no whimsy in Gordon's voice; his order was absolute.

The shichibukai merely huffed and glared at the incoming fleet. Its silhouette was obscured by the blaze wrought by the harbour bombing. His pupils narrowed before he broke into a mad dash, charging towards the first line of defence.

The younger vice admiral turned to another marine officer to relay more orders. "Contact all battalions close to the docks. Any civilians that we haven't already evacuated should be our top priority. And find a way to contact Demon Blade. Have her sent to the middle guard with the 86th."

A few minutes ago in a quiet corner at the harbour...

A kangaroo mink and a snow leopard mink whispered bloody murder at each other, arguing over some nonsense or another.

"Gaaaroorooroooroo! Ah don't think yew-gara underthand, Kita-ko," complained Boomer, slapping his thick tail on the flagstone pavement.

"To be honest with you, Boomer-san, I don't understand you-gara most of the time anyway-nya."

The kangaroo mink hopped anxiously, punching the air a few times as if satisfying a tic. "Yew-gara gotth a mean threak. What I'm thaying ith that yew-gara gotth to pretthh that thwitch to trigger the boomer-bonth."

Kita sighed and tightened the bandana around his forehead. "You're no fun-neko. What's the point of having a lisp if your friends can't tease you about it-meow?"

The kangaroo whined and hurried his partner. "Jutht pretthh the thwitch already. Bagh-than thaid he doethn't want me to pretthh it mythelf."

Kita giggled like a school kitty. "Did you already forget how you-gara almost blew up Gorrey last time-mew? Uncle Bagh would have to listen to our angry chef's rants again if he-gara let you blow stuff up so soon after the accident-kita."

Boomer shrugged. Deciding against teasing the easy target some more, Kita pressed the switch that would sink the harbour's defence.

After the cacophony of blasts quietened, a young man's voice addressed the two furry terrorists. "You... shouldn't... have... done... thaaaat..."

A young uniformed officer stood in a balcony overlooking the narrow street where the two minks conspired. Each word he spoke came out so lazily that one might forget how the sentence even started. He pulled the ends of his woolly hood closer together as if he were trying to hide his face. His big blue eyes were listless, his stare completely uninterested.

Only an awkward moment later did the minks hear an impish snore betraying the reason behind the marine's silence. "Rear Admiral Steps! Please wake up! The infiltrators already escaped!"

The Black Sheep of the Navy jerked back into consciousness with a girly squeal. "Nooo... my popcorn...!"

"There is no popcorn, sir! You were dreaming, sir!"

Rear Admiral Luther B. Steps whined and pouted, though he was too lazy to do both at the same time. He leaned over the balcony a bit... a bit more... and then some more until he fell off of it. The boy-officer fell into a cloud of cotton. He laid on his side and curled up into a ball as the cloud floated closer to the impending chaos.

PLAYERS PLEASE READ:

Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways G7UGK6I
[tracker=/t980-castor-o-nox#4771]
Name : Castor O. Nox
Epithet : Sanpaku | The Azure Pheasant | Duke Of Lvneel | Saint Nox
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 175lbs
Species : Three-Eye Tribesman
World Position : Blockbuster
Alliance : -
Crew : Nox Pirates
Ship : The Wailing Calamity
Crew Role : Captain | Navigator | Book Collector | Pride Sin
Devil Fruit : Goro Goro no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 620,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (To all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf); +0.10 (Blockbuster); +0.20 (To all allies)
Shop Discount : -20%
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 96,000,000
Balance : [bel] 2,470,815,020
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[dreamsneverdie]]
[[bookworm]][[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:34 am

blur_on

Firebear'd's Quest

Group Declaration:

Hoisted off the ground, the Captain made his body as limp as possible, making it difficult for Dax to lift him up without excess effort. The cook swung him from side to side effortlessly like a human sized plush pillow. Putting on his most innocent of faces, from the outside looking in, it'd seem as if the Captain was a child being bullied, like in any standard cliche high school scene from a slice of life manga strip. The happy-go-lucky mood wasn't quite synching up to the environment aboard their vessel. Slaves operating a ship out of fear and neither did it match the scene around them, with an impending Marine Fleet waiting to rip them to shreds.

Maintaining a steady pace, not yet utilising the rigged ship's full sail, Newport secured his position at the back of the fleet. Looming several hundred meters ahead, however, was the Marine's Fleet which stretched across the perimeter of the harbour. Newport wasn't particularly fond of the idea that this exchange would become a naval battle, because judging from most of the pirates in the fleet, they were all rag tag members of a group assembled for this whimsical siege. How many of these Captains had actually successfully carried out volleys? Handled a ship that was taking on water and in times of peril, applied the appropriate repairs to secure the safety of their crew?

As the helmsman panicked internally, the level of the danger Castor had placed them in excited Dax, causing him to rest the Navigator down, as he'd scope out the situation.

'Purururu Purururu Clank!'

A one way call came through, changing the faces of all the on ship Den Den Mushi to that of a Panther's face. As the transponders relayed the message, the Firebear'd crewmate explained the plan moving forward and the importance of this 'signal'.

Gashi Gashi Gashi

"Sounds super reliable." Castor declared sarcastically.

As soon as the call finished, about two minutes after, silenced filled the waters. A few of the pirate vessels stopped their ships, and others continued sailing onwards in belief of Panther's signal. Anticipating the incoming momentum, Castor began to bark orders around the ship.

"Look-out! Talk to me about what you're seeing out there! Everyone to your stations prepare to fully cast all the sails at my command!"
Almost like clockwork, as several vessels in the Pirate Fleet hastened their pace, the Wailing Calamity sailed forward to the center of the fleet. Several loud explosions blasted from beneath the water and almost like magic, the perimeter of ships that once blocked the harbour's entrance, sunk below surface level. "Cast the sails! Go! Go!" Castor shouted.

Shuffling around the Full Rigged vessel like ants, the ship that was only sailing using its main mast, had now opened up the remainder of its sails. Quickening the massive behemoth's pace, the goddess of Misfortune from which the craft bore as its namesake had cursed the marine forces in this moment. Sailing towards the front and gaining speed, the Nox Pirates blasted through the scraps of sinking warships and castaway marines, using it's Sea King carcass fixtures as battering rams to clear the path for smaller vessels behind them.

Once in the harbour, Newport gave the command to open fire towards the forces on the land. The canons rattled off their volleys towards the already assembled marine forces, causing dismay in the men's formation. Opening his Three Eyes widely at the thrill of the moment, Castor began to whistle his ominous tune once more.

"Newport. Don't sail too far into the harbour. Anchor at about fifty meters away from the port's entrance. I'll take Goldie with me to shore. Remember our objective for being here. I want Firebear'd to owe me a favor. It might come in handy eventually in Paradise."Castor declared ominously. Wrapping his hand around Dax's shirt collar, the Logia User lunged off the side of the ship, transforming his legs into lightning and shooting across the sky.

On land, the marines prepped their weapons to intercept any incoming ships that were preparing to dock. Crash landing in the centre of the front line's formation, an electrical field spanned outward suddenly. The formation shaken slightly, each man lunged backwards in attempts of identifying the unidentified phenomenon that was occurring at the heart of their ranks. As Castor's body began to regain form, he tossed Dax onto the ground, reaching towards his back to remove his Nodachi - Summer Rain.

Dressed in his traditional kimono wear and having his hair pinned up in one, the pirate captain rested his blade's dull side on his shoulder, tapping his sandals against the concrete floor to adjust to it's texture. The fresh sea air gushed along the dock, as the sound of frantic breathing and murmurs overloaded his electro radio's field. Chatter from marine transponder's revealed them relaying their situation to Las Camp HQ, confirming Castor O. Nox's arrival.

Gashi Gashi Gashi Gashi

"Good Evening!"
Castor exclaimed chuckling, as he'd grin menacingly.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Word Count: 823 | Tagged: @Goldmonger< @Wren @Brood/b>

Notes: Intro.

Last edited by Castor O. Nox on Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

[tracker=/t1979-dax-morgan#10865]
Name : Dax Morgan
Epithet : Goldmonger
Height : 6'5"
Weight : 250
World Position : Shichibukai (Future)
Crew : Gold | Works
Ship : Cleopatra
Devil Fruit : Goru Goru no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 27,900,000
Shop Discount : -25%
Balance : [bel] 117,500,000
[[hardboiled]][[berryprinter]]
[[ancientzoan]]x2[[logia]][[firstaidkit]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:43 pm
As Dax slowly placed the impish captain back onto the wooden deck, while his whole body turned towards the battleship filled sea and the allure of the impending battle. His gold laced bits knocked between his knees as they gently swayed in the salty sea breeze, with a smile Dax shouted to his captain. "Aight ya short fuck!" fists planted firmly on his hips, displaying himself bare to the world, "Who we killin first~!" He hummed with an almost musical tone. Though before his question could be answered, he was interrupted by the puru puru of the den den mushi. As the panther mink continued, the bloodlust inside of the goldmonger began to swell, the thought of killing and the overpowering smell of gold in the air had begun to cloud his better judgment as well. Once he finished and Castor shouted his orders, desperately trying to seem like a bigger man than he was to the slaves he ordered around, while Dax quickly returned to his quarters and gathered his things. Slipping into his pants and coat, as well as collecting his bag o' gold before returning back to the deck.

There he was greeted with the sound of cannon fire echoing and the smell of gunpower in the air. The crew scurried around like mice dancing to Newport's tune as he commanded the ship with a veterans skill, pulling knots and loosing sails like their lives depended on it, which it very well may, given their current captors. Dax moved up next Castor and glanced over at him for a moment, noticing that his third eye was open and he was whistling a particularly ominous tune before turning his attention back towards land, erupting in a malicious golden fanged smile before echoing the same tune with whistling of his own. The pair stood on the ships edge, side by side as they overlooked what would soon become their battlefield, a place that held glory for some and nothing but a graveyard for others. The duo continued their tune in perfect harmony with one another, much to Newport's surprise as he looked on for just a moment, thinking that for just this instance the pair looked like friends.

The Goldmonger continued to whistle as Castor spoke his orders to Newport and before he could retaliate at the distaste of the nickname the imp had taken to calling him, he was soaring through the air, being carried like a giant package by the little man. As they landed, Dax hit the ground on both feet and immediately dispersed a field of gold dust around the immediate vicinity. He glanced over at his captain, who had already drawn his blade, "Ain't this excitin?" he said snickering as the gold dust around drifted in the air around them, twinkling as the light reflected off the flakes.

As the duo did cool superhero landings, the marines had gathered their wits and moved to surround the pair, guns drawn on them. "Don’t back down men! Fire!!" The leading officer yelled, pulling the trigger on his rifle before the others, before they quickly did the same. As the bullets whistled through the air, they were intercepted in the clouds of golden dust that encompassed the two pirates. Without a seconds hesitation, Dax quickly coated the bullets in gold and quickly returned each one to its gunner with such force it pierced their hearts.

"Well fuck, that was easy." He snickered as the immediate threat had been dispatched, collecting the gold back from the corpses and running their pockets, taking several wallets and a watch that were promptly stuffed into his duffle bag.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Goldmonger on Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato
[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways Rowdy_10
[tracker=/t600-miku-e-sato#2421]
Name : Miku Etsuko Sato
Epithet : Rowdy Rascal
Height : 5'2"
Weight : 122 lb
Bounty : [ber=r] 105,000,000
Shop Discount : 10%
Balance : [bel] 221,877,500
[[baneoftheweak]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[barrelcrazed]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:48 am

[ seize life with your own hands ]

Group Declaration/Boss Difficulty +0:

The Rascal found herself standing at the bow of the Scorned Lady again. The marines were firing volley after volley of cannon fire at the gathered armada of Pirates. The cacophony was deafening and Miku stared at the stars blinking in and out in the distance. None of the cannonballs were even near her Scorned Lady, apparently aiming for some of the larger and deadlier ships. Made sense and she knew it was one of the few benefits of having an underwhelming vessel.

Blood was beginning to pump faster through Miku’s veins as she waited for some kind of signal to commence the raid on Las Camp. The fortifications made by the Marines were easily seen from here and she wondered how she ever thought the Marines on her home island were a threat. It felt as if she was going mad as she realized how insane her life had gotten, each crack of thunder causing her to pulse to increase. A wicked grin appeared on her face as she slowly started strapping on her Pirate Knuckles, rolling up her sleeves to reveal her vambraces, and began realizing how excited she was.

In the distance a chain of explosions lit across the decks of the Marine warships that had been forming the main line of defense from invaders. The ships quickly began to sink as the explosions seemed to signal all the other Pirate Crews to advance. “Let’s join the party boys!” Miku yelled at the top of her lungs as she leaned forward on the railing. This was it, it was time to show the world how Rowdy this Rascal could really get!

Soon the Scorned Lady found herself pulling into the now Pirate infested harbor of Las Camp. The sound of fighting, cannon fire, yells, and overall chaos only fueled Miku’s excitement. “Emi, let’s get going!” The captain yelled to her swordswoman as she began to run towards the side of the ship to hop down onto the deck. “You’re in charge Kon, keep our boys safe!” Were Miku’s final words as she leaped over the deck’s railing and landed on the harbor of Las Camp. Of course she landed next to one of the Marines who had been left to defend the harbor from troublemakers, like herself. The Marine was rather young looking with a rifle in his hand; he had apparently been waiting for the Meddling Kids to storm off the Scorned Lady, not expecting her to sail right over him to land just behind him.

“Two for flinching!” Miku shouted as she saw the look of surprise on the young Marines face. She followed up this statement with a quick jab in his gut and an uppercut which sent the poor sap into the waters below. The Rascal had held her punches as she didn’t want to tire out too early and figured her crew could deal with the waterlogged chump if he decides to take another crack at the Meddling Kids.

“Emi! That’s one down for me!” Miku yelled this as she saw another group of Marine’s on the way to intercept them. “Let’s make this a fun lil competition!” There were several fights breaking out and Miku momentarily wondered how many of them knew what was really going on. The approaching Marines quickly forced her to dismiss the thought. Her crew was brought on to cause trouble and make noise, that was something she could do.

The Rascal stood before the marines, her untucked navy blue dress shirt fluttering in the wind, her blue eyes glaring at the approaching Marines from under the shadow cast by her cap. Her wicked grin grew again as she slammed her fists together, showing of the skull and crossbones emblazoned on the back of her vambraces and Knuckles. “Let’s get Rowdy!” Miku shouted as she charged the small group. ‘Gah, that sounded so much cooler in my head.’ The Rascal thought to herself as she ran off the dock and onto land proper to meet the Marines head on.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

@'Emi Roromiya'

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord