Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Bio] Kaito TsukiyamaYesterday at 4:12 pmGray[World Event] A Fool's ErrandWed Mar 27, 2024 11:35 amHyde Garland[Rolls] Start me up!Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:08 amRNGesus[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:24 pmGoldmonger[Saga] The Dark Parade - The Diagnosis [Part I] Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:25 pmRowan Roji[Tracker] Tafari LeonidasMon Mar 25, 2024 7:45 pmTafari[Arc] Dreams of Kings and Castles: Part III- Invocation Under StarlightMon Mar 25, 2024 4:56 pmSkoll[Bio] Tafari Leonidas Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:33 pmGray[Bio] Asakura DojiMon Mar 25, 2024 3:31 pmGray

[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways

+5
Castor O. Nox
Maxwell
Anton La'croix
NPC
Dadmin
9 posters
Go down
Anonymous

[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways - Page 3 Empty Re: [World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:15 pm
It didn't roll for the UT, I must have messed up the input. So I'll just do that now and delete this once Rubill makes his reply.
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

Name : Variable
Epithet : Variable
Height : Variable
Weight : Variable
Species : Variable
Faction : Variable
Crew : Variable
Ship : Variable
Crew Role : Variable
Devil Fruit : Variable
Bounty : Variable
Balance : Variable

[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways - Page 3 Empty Re: [World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:15 pm
The member 'Brood' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Reflex Check' : 5
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:12 pm
Group Declaration:

Issen Hachiyo had created breathing room with his last technique. In that space, he’d made out the form of a harbor in his eyeline. The problem with this fight was that every aspect of it was so unbearably overwhelming. There was no reprieve. What he needed was focus. Dancing through the riffraff of allies and opponents, he found it, a clearing made by the high speed combat of two notable figures. The Screaming Mantis was trading blows with a pirate actually capable of standing on their own two feet against the attacks.

If the pirate was truly that strong, Issen wouldn’t be able to take the full brunt of this fight, but he would be able to make some sort of dent. If not, then what was he doing here? “Eyes Toward the Heavens!” [LT Stat Morph against Miku E. Sato] Issen felt the steam rush to his skull, heating up the cyborg machinery. In an instant, the pirate’s movements were clear to him. “Officer La’Croix!, the pirate has a rhythm to his movements!” The weakness was clear to Issen, but if he couldn’t expose it to his superior, then entering the fray would be a fruitless endeavor.

The lieutenant commander muttered the details to Anton, “Watch how he dodges, here!” Issen drew his sword, Deviant, and swung against the target, missing. The speed of the pirate would be astounding, but not unpredictable. [UT against Miku E. Sato] “And using what I’ve gleaned… Regicidal Cloud Felling! [MT Flat against Miku E. Sato] A puff of steam would deliver Issen directly behind his foe, preceding a totally savage horizontal slice that would cut nothing but the air where Miku E. Sato had once been.

“What?!”

Even in this territory, even having learned all he could about this target, Issen’s attack had drawn nothing. No success rang out against his sword. The reprieve, the harbor sought, seemed more like an illusion in the fog, than a safe haven. Issen felt the same anxiety, fear and doubt creep over him. The panic would come next. The misjudgments sprouted forth in his mind. His eyes went wild and unthinking, his data and rationality totally useless.

“Don’t worry! Don’t worry! Don’t worry!” Issen seemed to be reassuring himself just as m uch as any allies around him. “I’ve got this under control… Ballistic Alpha Shoot! [LT Flat against Emi Roromiya] Heated steam flung from Issen. The technique was performed before Issen even realized where it was headed. Even if it didn’t hit the other pirate that La’Croix had attacked, it wouldn’t stop Issen from charging forth. His Gentle Justice was nothing but an afterthought in the midst of this information overload.

Deviant slashed wildly against the two pirates, with Issen taking little care for the safety of others. [UT against Emi Roromiya & UT against Laguna] His lack of diligence paid no returns, and again his sword failed to touch his enemies.

“There’s nothing gentle about this war…” he began muttering loudly, “if you’re all so eager for catastrophe then let’s face it together!”

Attack Listing:

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Issen Hachiyo on Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:12 pm
The member 'Issen Hachiyo' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Reflex Check' : 5, 12, 10, 5, 2, 3
Maxwell
Maxwell
[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways - Page 3 Vk6odI4
[tracker=/t139-richard-maxwell#516]
Name : Richard Maxwell
Epithet : Plague Rat
Height : 6'0" / 183 cm
Weight : 160 lbs. / 73 kg
Species : Human
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Supernova
Bounty : [bel=r] 243,000,000
Quality Score : S+
Income Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Shop Discount : -10%
Balance : [bel] 1,217,129,125
[[bookworm]][[firstaidkit]][[berryprinter]]
[[identitytheft]][[identitytheft]][[improviseadaptovercome]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:45 am
Savvy sailors knew that leaving out food scraps was how you got rats. Turns out gold scraps weren’t much different. The rats they enticed just tended to be quite a bit bigger. With each unmistakably heavy thunk of precious metal, the eavesdropper’s ears twitched. He held his breath, counting along. Each time the number grew, his heart fluttered in ways he couldn’t put to words. Following them had been the correct choice all along. Instead of running into death and bloodshed, they had struck gold! Ah, this simply seemed too good to be true...

However, hesitation kept the crook in hiding. He had seen first hand what this menacing woman did to those who got in her way. Or just chose their words poorly. A fleeting image of a giant fist flashed through his mind. It didn’t take a doctor to know being on the receiving end of that was bad for one’s health. Worse yet, one of the cards he had snatched along the way sealed his suspicions... He wasn’t dealing with just any ‘Laurel’ and ‘Mazin’ here... Trying to cheat this woman seemed like a terrible idea, really. His common sense was screaming at him, begging him to reconsider. Unfortunately, the desperate pleading was quickly muffled by the creeping greed, overruled by sweet whispers.

Meanwhile, his self-preservation instinct was conveniently on a coffee break.

Soon the spying shadow shifted. In a single step, he sprung out from hiding like a lanky jack-in-the-box. One hand hoisted a suitcase much too big for his bony frame, while the other adjusted the blue tie out of idle habit. A low, husky voice drifted across the room. “Perhaps I can assist with that.” He snuck closer with calm, careful steps, as if walking across a minefield. The stench of cheap cigarettes clung to his frame even when he had discarded the previous one a good while ago. Sharp eyes might have noticed oddly familiar symbols gleaming where his pupils should have been, but maybe that was just a trick of the light.

Wearing a disarming smile, the sharp-dressed man tipped his hat. “Robin Nico, a traveling treasure hunter and archeologist.” He lied through his sharp teeth. Giving a different name to everyone he met was a bad habit. One of many. “Friends call me Rob. A pleasure to meet you.” Both the strikingly tall woman and her diminutive assistant were offered a friendly handshake. He gave them ample time to introduce themselves if they so wished. While he had their names already, it would’ve been rude to deny them the chance. It costs nothing to be polite, you know.

At the first chance given, the crafty crook would continue spinning his lies. “I happened to be passing by when I accidentally overheard your conundrum.” Yes, he was going to pretend he didn’t just pop out from behind a barrel. If they didn’t bring it up, neither would he. “And it just wouldn’t sit right with me to abandon a young lady with such a heavy burden, see?” The word choice received careful emphasis. A touch of flattery rarely hurt. And he knew exactly where to sprinkle it. “I would be happy to lend a hand in carrying and protecting these for a... modest compensation. Shall we say... One third?” He glanced at the gold bars, counting quickly. “...Plus anything that can’t be split easily.” The suggestion was voiced nonchalantly, hiding the venom within it. “I believe that would be rather fair seeing as there are three of us.” He could only hope they weren’t as talented in quick math as they were in surprise attacks.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:00 am
Group:
Preface:

Laguna was in the middle of a war, and she was already trying to address it by making her way out of a combat scenario and back to her adoptive father's ship. Over in the far distance, the man would be waiting on his ship, abstaining from the fight, refusing to do a thing to tarnish his half of a millennia legacy. Laguna had turned about and brought her paint brush staff in to the back of one nameless marine that charged her, followed by twirling it around in to the chin of another, and just working her way around to keep them at bay while the panic showed on her face, she didn't belong here, but here she was! Time to beat the crap out of everything and run for it the first chance she gets!

Of course, other people were fighting the marines, some stronger looking ones than those faceless background characters that can die off at anytime, no, these were people with backstories and worth to the plot of whatever their stories were. However, they fought marines of the same type, people with noticeable faces, people who were fighting with their hardes,t people who were attacking her? "Hey!" SHe shouted in surprise as the first attack came her way. Followed up by something that sent her reeling backwards, letting out a squeal of pain as she reeled backwards, clinging to body where struck, she would right herself and be ready for the next attack that was coming her way. When Issen launched an attack at her, she was more than able to dodge.

Twirling that paintbrush around, a circle of ink would be formed in the air with her twirling, showing that the brush was capable of painting in the air, and doing so much more! Right after those two marines had gotten in close enough, she flushed that brush flat against her shoulder blade, the brush tip thickening with a mucous like ink that she cast off at the person who landed two heavy blows against her, this being Anton, "Caustic Glaze!" Of course, she blew through the brush, spreading ink in to that mass, the ink actually coming from her, but she was trying to hide the fact that she was able to spit and produce ink (despite being an octopus fishman) (-50% rx debuff).

After which she would twirl that brush around,s ending off a dark black wave of ink, similar to that compressed air slash she had suffered earlier, at Issen, following up with a second brush stroke that would make an X across Issen's body if it landed. "Shallow flowing Hatch and crosshatch!" She would look to use her unique powers to throw a couple of inky blots from her staff at the two marines while trying to form up with those other two pirates.

When she got near the other two, she would grasp her staff, pointing the brush tip out at the marines. "Okay, why am I being dragged in to this and why am I being attacked out of nowhere? I don't even know you guys."

COmbat Tracker:
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:00 am
The member 'Laguna Marie' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Reflex Check' : 2, 7, 11, 12, 3
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:42 am

Don't cause a scene~!

While Becker had thankfully managed to dodge a bullet with "fashion disaster" written across it, Antoinette meandered spiritless through the shelves. Peeved, she grabbed hold of a random crate and ripped it open with her bare hands before peering disinterestedly into it.

To her delight, Antoinette had discovered a long pleated white skirt and the dark cloud cast over her features immediately lifted. The towering woman could reluctantly give up lace and ribbons, but pants were not a topic up for discussion. To finish off her attire, she pulled around her shoulders a white coat that swept the floors with its length and golden fringes capped the shoulders.

“I must say, I should never have doubted my class to pull off marine clothing, even if it is appalling,” said Antoinette, admiring her reflection in a small handheld mirror from an outstretched arm.

“You do look lovely,” agreed Ronx and the crew turned to find their captain had changed without their noticing.

It was easy for one’s gaze to slip over the coffee stains splattered across his chest and the patches sewn clumsily over his elbows when the golden badges and white suit was so flattering to his “princely” features. A coat hugged his shoulders, barely concealing the revolutionary’s mantle, an heirloom closely guarded by generations before him.

The image of a respectable marine commander was only ruined when he turned his sparkling eyes down to the badges, which one could discern were actually rusted bronze trinkets as opposed to celebrated tokens. In fact, his entire outfit left a much shabbier impression upon closer inspection. Despite his apparent thick-headedness, Ronx’s ability to mesmerise was perhaps his greatest and most favourable weapon in the art of disguise.

“Oh, these are quite lovely too…” he gushed, brushing his gloved thumb over one of the trinket’s surface. “Can I keep these after the mission?”

“Listen up everyone.”

His attention was immediately stolen away by the general and he made a presentation of focus, until his eyes drifted languidly to the sparrow. A fire of interest sprung alight in the commander’s eyes and he shuffled forward in a demonstration of what he must have thought could be considered sneaky.

“Hey, are you a swordsman too?” asked Ronx, coming up from behind the young man and resting his chin on his shoulder.

Grinning, he lifted his face away and danced around to face his fellow revolutionary--no, crewmate. He brushed his eyes over Zenitsu’s frame, his wide smile unwavering. His gaze rose up to eye the sparrow nested in his hair and he rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

“If Acacia is going to be our first-mate, what about you?” he asked in a voice hushed enough to keep from disrupting Garland’s orders. “Oh! Maybe you can use your sparrow to be a look-out! Hm...but Oliver will get mad if someone other than herself uses the crow’s nest...” He paused before breaking out into about radiant smile.

“Regardless, I have a feeling you’ll fit in very well with us! Our cook is new too. Right, Howai?” He turned and beckoned the teal-haired girl over. Oliver, who had been standing next to her, glanced over too. “Both of you come introduce yourselves properly!”

It wasn’t until Garland handed him a transponder snail, did Ronx remember to pay attention. Perhaps he should have been more concerned with the details, as his first response upon receiving the important item was to tickle it mercilessly until it was quivering tremendously.

“Stop bullying the Den Den Mushi, idiot!” hissed Becker and Ronx’s fingers immediately froze obediently.

Subdued for the moment, Ronx simmered in silence until Garland’s click rippled the calm surface of his mind. As his first-mate sauntered to his side, Ronx turned to face him and Becker’s scowled deepened distrustfully.

“Ugh, why do I have the boring group?” grumbled Cherry, ill-mannerly. “Here’s an idea: Alice and I will go search Gordon’s office like the old coot asked while first-mate and Becker go distract him.”

“That sounds awfully dangerous,” mused Ronx anxiously, sincerely considering the idea.

“Also sounds like a joke that’s not going to happen, growled Becker, glaring at Cherry sharply, who remained undaunted. “Also, shut up. I’m not so pleased with this arrangement either. Shouldn’t you be in the group of children? He jabbed a finger at Howai, Oliver and Zenitsu’s group.

“Shouldn’t you be in the group of butt-heads? retorted Cherry hotly.

“I want to be in the group with candy,” said Ronx wistfully, sniffing the air. “Does anyone smell candy?”

“Don’t be ridiculous,” grumbled Becker. “Can we just get going?”

“Fine…” moaned Ronx, dragging his feet to the door.

Once outside, Ronx strode purposefully through the empty hallway. Scampering after him, Cherry tucked his arms behind his head as he walked and gleefully tugged on the chains attached to Becker’s cuffs. To add further insult to injury, he twirled Becker’s katana in his hand like a marching baton.

The fishman bared his teeth in a threatening snarl, but unlike his younger peer, he was diligent enough to hold his tongue. Ronx led them through a series of corridors, breezing past a group of starry, wide eyed recruits with daring and bold confidence.

It was a wonder how, but the smiling simpleton left such a wildly different impression to the reserved prince from his bounty poster, that the revolutionary had yet to discover the issues associated with a failed disguise. Their ease in passing the lingering marines of the navy base was astonishing for a moment, until both Becker and Cherry realised their path was completely aimless.

“Alice, where are we going?” asked Cherry coldly.

“Where?” repeated Ronx and turned to audaciously read a map displayed on an emergency floor plan.

“We’re supposed to find the Vice Admiral Gordon’s office,” hissed Becker under his breath, glancing up and down the corridor.

“Oh! I understand!” said Ronx, lifting his eyes up and turned abruptly away from the map. “Let’s go then!”

Sighing in both relief and resignation, they followed his lead again. As a young marine approached them in the hall, Becker immediately ducked his head and Cherry stopped playing around with his sword. Ronx donned his friendly, hallway-passing smile and the group seemed to move by inconspicuously like all the previous times, until he reached out a hand to stop the marine.

“Excuse me, but where can I find Vice Admiral Gordon’s office?” he inquired politely.

Shit, that idiot! the thought immediately flashed simultaneously through his companions’ heads.

“Vice Admiral Gordon?” gasped the marine, clearly taken aback by the undercover revolutionary’s familiar tone. “Uh...just head up two levels and it’ll be the first on your left.”

“Thank you kindly!” said Ronx delightfully. “Guys, I found it!”

“A-Ah very good work, captain,” said Cherry in a perfectly angelic fake smile.

He quickly followed after Ronx and Becker slouched as though to make himself smaller to sneak under the marine’s eyes, his starstruck gaze still following after their “captain’s” retreating form.

cait at btn

TRACKERS:
Goldmonger
Goldmonger
Goldmonger
[tracker=/t1979-dax-morgan#10865]
Name : Dax Morgan
Epithet : Goldmonger
Height : 6'5"
Weight : 250
World Position : Shichibukai (Future)
Crew : Gold | Works
Ship : Cleopatra
Devil Fruit : Goru Goru no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 27,900,000
Quality Score : S
Shop Discount : -25%
Balance : [bel] 117,500,000
[[hardboiled]][[berryprinter]]
[[ancientzoan]]x2[[logia]][[firstaidkit]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:29 pm
No gold was too little for Dax, going so far as too rip out the golden fillings from the corpses teeth. One by one he defiled the dead marines and pirates alike, there were few greater opportunities than war for someone like himself.

Chaos ensued around the goldmonger as he whistled a happy tune, moving from body to body. In the distance a dinosaur roared for blood and opposite that was a giant silver haired woman crushing marines underfoot. He glanced up from his looting to assess the current situation, "Nothing with that little fuck's ever easy." He said sighing, his previous excitement having tapered off dramatically at this point as he watched his shrimp captain jumping headfirst into the fray, namely going after the roaring lizard beast along with a mysterious white haired stranger.

Choosing greed over violence, Dax moved away from the action and made his was inland, away from the dinosaur and giant. He encountered a few small groups of marines, but they proved to be little more than nuisances to the golden man.

After a few minutes, Dax took refugee behind a large rock grouping. There emptied out his pockets onto the ground to measure the take so far, the gold making an audible ding as it clinked against the rocky floor. Three gold watches, twenty threw dollars worth of beli, fifteen gold wedding bands, three gold teeth, and a gold friendship bracelet. "Not bad~" he whistled, using his powers to manipulate the into a liquid state before adding it to the gold already on his person. Dax leaned back onto the rocks and closed his eyes, taking in the symphony of war all around him playing all around him. Pirates, marines, and rebels, all dancing to the tune of murder. For a moment he felt himself drifting off to another place, a place of peace and harmony.

Sent from Topic'it App
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:52 am

THAT'S RIGHT

I'M TALKING TO YOU.

BLACKBELL A. WREN

“Weird.”

Wren’s grin widened at a word from the three-eyed man.

“You’re not so bad yourself!” she said cheerfully and without missing a beat, she synchronised her own melodic chime of laughter with his.

She clearly took his comment for flattery and there was little doubt as to why. Her life was a constant storm of “weird” and “abnormal”; it was almost entirely what the Prime Pirates stood for, if turning the world upside down with violence and lust didn’t seem to pull first by a tremendous landslide.

Her growing appreciation for the three-eye was further reconciled at his ready acceptance to her offering of friendship, which was only eclipsed by the moniker he endowed upon her. The thrilling resemblance of “snowflake” evoked a similar impression to her captain’s endearing “little monster” and was enough to make her blush with excitement.

She was about to reply, when the dinosaur’s roar rang piercingly, cutting the air and into her sensitive eardrums. She flinched for only a second, but by the time she regained focus, the three-eyed man had disappeared, much to her utter dismay.

“Aw...but I wanted to talk for longer…” she sighed dejectedly.

Yet, her attention was easily replaced as she turned her wide hazel eyes to the remaining individual who had accompanied the three-eye. Immediately, her demeanour lit up and in hopes he would provide her a relishing replacement, she bounced forward in lazy pursuit of the looter’s “frolicking”.

“Hey!” she called out cheerfully. “What are you doing?”

She scampered after him, completely disregarding the trail of meddling marines she left in her wake. Every now and then, she’d feel a prick or a shock, but she paid the damages no consideration. It didn’t matter that her ankles were now entirely shredded with cuts.

Wren adventured enough in dangerous jungles and ravines alike, enough to encounter her fair share of scrapes and little scars. She swatted the pesky marines aside like flies, but her annoyance was ever growing as the dark-skinned goldman refused to commit his attention to her.

“Hey!”
she exclaimed impatiently.

As the goldman stooped behind a heavy boulder to assess his winnings, Wren leapt into the air as though to jump over him, but as she descended, her body shrank and she dropped before him as a tall, lithe human. She had cut her height tremendously in her new transformation and she now swaggered the goldman on matching eye level. Pressing her fists haughtily against her hips, Wren pursed her lips.

“I’m trying to talk to you!” she snapped contemptuously. “Fine, you can’t ignore me if I do this!”

Raising her right hand still taloned from her most recent metamorphosis, she curled her fingers before plunging them straight for the goldman’s chest.

TRACKERS:
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:18 pm
Bearing a Bear's Ways
World Event
Tanaka Howai
A cute girl, who has a propensity for pickpocketing

When they arrived at a storage room, Howai opened the first box she saw full of curiosity. While the others still discussed the content of these boxes in the middle of the room, she was already disappointed to find out it was neither filled with gold nor other valuable items.

"These are just marine clothes!" The little woman sighed, disappointed she dropped the lid of the box on the ground into place and went back to her group.

"What did you expect?" Oliver whispered, listening conscientiously to the general's order, but you could tell by her face she was not pleased to change clothes.

"I don't know exactly. Something valuable, at least." The kleptomaniac said trying to play down her greed. While everyone got into a matching uniform rather quick, Oliver and Howai were just struggling to find even a single fitting piece of clothing. Eventually, they got their hands on a kid's size and the little woman put it on dejectedly.

When she looked up peering through the shelves, Howai could see Acacia's huge back. A wound, intimidating in size, diagonally crossing his back deceived in the next moment under the new uniform. Howai got curious about his scar but knew she wouldn't dare to ask him about it.

Everyone got changed and shortly the briefing followed. Antoinette gave her a disapproving look (you might say a pants-hating look) but why she couldn't say and before she could figure it out, the revolutionary was beckoned over by the captain.

"Both of you come introduce yourselves properly!!" The captain said looking not just at Howai, but Oliver as well.

The little chef hesitated and so the sniper started. "My name is Oliver Lee Rhode. I heard the thing about the crow's nest. Our captain is right. It's my place, so forget about that!" said the titanean harsh.

"And my name is Tanaka Howai. I'm the new cook of the crew you will probably find me in the kitchen. There is enough space, so feel free to visit me!" the green-haired girl said with a smile. Leaning slightly forward she grabbed her hands behind her back.

In the meantime, Garland divided the crew into groups and Howai was happy to continue being in a team with Oliver. She couldn't say much about the new boy and Rozene is a class of his own. On one hand, she was happy to have him by her side with his powerful appearance. On the other hand, she feared him a little. These fangs looked like they could easily bite through one of her arms.

After receiving a Den Den Mushi,... apparently transponders snails were called that way,... Howai quickly got her hands on it inspecting it from top to bottom. Due to her lack of experience, she roughly knew how to handle them.

She hesitated but then turned back to Zenitsu and spoke with one hand behind her head "Sooo ... well ... can you lead us?" she said and you could feel her uncertainty.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:52 pm

occulte à la carte
Smiles held a variety of meanings depending on who wore them, and where. A smile of serenity, in a garden, or one’s home, was entirely innocent, and indeed, almost enviable in these times of strife. Worn in the midst of tragedy or slaughter, however, it spoke of an unhinged menace. Long, long ago, there once lived a pirate, a Shichibukai, who ruled the underworld and the island of Dressrosa as a Joker with a menacing sneer. Laurel, likewise, was an individual who never seemed to stop smiling. She had different ways of smiling, too; even many of her non-smiles have a mocking quality to them, and only the most unexpected or most profound could break through her masquerade, which had become almost pathological.

If Mazin were to look up at his captain now, he would see her smiling, as always. But it was the smile of a viper that had found her prey and was poised to strike.

Her mark was smiling, too, as he crept out into the light, odor of cigarette clashing with hers of fresh tobacco, and his smile was the sort that if none of them could sense the other, one might check over their shoulder that a knife wasn’t aimed at their backs, his mind seeming to operate similar to hers. Laurel, for her part, did turn, at least to regard the man.

And in that instant her smile faded, but didn’t waver, returning to its usual cattish state, once she recognized him. It was more than the fact that he had been the doctor/looter from earlier—she had heard the reputation, seen the wanted poster. Up close, she could see how the epithet came about. Stories told of a man ruled by greed, but still very, very much with his wits about him; following fortune like a pestilence, ready and willing and able to use anything, and anyone, in the name of profit and survival.

One wouldn’t think much, seeing on the surface just a meek, if charming, slickster. Yet truth often proved stranger than fiction, and at least one rumor was true—you could see money in his eyes. Even if he was not honest in his words, he was forthright in his goals.

When introductions were exchanges Laurel made a point to answer first, stepping out ahead before her subordinate - though usually the lad was a shrinking violet anyway - scanning the stranger head to toe, but remembering to respond to his greetings and salutations with a cordial smile and nod, hand reaching out to grasp his daintily. “Well met, Rob. Laurel O’Halloran, of the Apollo’s Pompokolin, at your service. And this is my assistant, Mazin.” Well, it was pointless, even counterproductive, to conceal your identity when you not only knew that they knew, but you chose to advertise as a warning, just to see if they’d continue to follow. And follow “Robin Nico” had, irrespective of his skittish mien.

That was why she knew that she would be wise to err on the side of caution when dealing with this man. After all, she too was in the business of robbing people blind. Gold would be a suitable carrot to lead him on, for now, so long as he didn’t trample over her trying to reach it.

“Indeed, it’s most convenient for you to arrive. By all means—they’re yours,” she continued, handing the ingots to Rob. She was unworried about them losing their form unless the rat tried to scurry off with them later. One could argue that was the idea. “I’m sure this is just pocket change compared to whatever they’ve tucked away up ahead. The Reverie was supposed to take place here and today, you know. That’s what the whole scuffle outside is about. Not that I actually believed any Nobles would show up if they knew this would happen, and I am most certain they did.

“Honestly, if you can’t trust the news, who can you trust? Pirates? Pah! What a world.” As she handed her last counterfeit to the con man, she gave a cheeky and knowing, unapologetic grin. Flattery certainly elevated her mood. “But—”

The words drifted, and eyes shifted up and to her right. Her tail wrapped around her and over her mouth like a feathered fan. His proposed share—barring the “innocuous” slip—was innocent enough. But that wasn’t what stopped her. She could sense another presence in the distance, the same from earlier, prowling about around them. Theirs was a chaotic energy, entirely different from the three thieves more quiet auras, leaving carnage in its wake. And they were searching for something. Or someone.

Pretending that her distraction was instead for dividing the loot, Laurel looked back to Rob innocently. “Yes, one third, plus the bullions, is a perfectly fair split. But even if there’s nothing at all, we’ll be sure you’re well compensated for your time, my good man. Mazin, dear, would you be so kind as to lead the way? You’ve already done a fine job making a breakthrough in our progress.”
[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways - Page 3 Tg4Ok47

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Emi Roromiya
Emi Roromiya
[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways - Page 3 CHwDBFC
[tracker=/t1015-emi-roromiya#4973]
Name : Emi Roromiya
Epithet : Smiling Slayer
Height : 5'5"
Weight : 130 lbs
World Position : N/A
Crew : Meddling Kids
Ship : The Scorned Lady
Crew Role : Navigator/ First Mate
Devil Fruit : N/A
Bounty : [ber=r] 31,600,000
Balance : [ber] 22,050,000

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:15 pm
@Miku E. Sato , @Anton La'croix , @Laguna Marie, @Issen Hachiyo
Sorry about the wait guys
Prove yourself and RISE RISE
Emi had been so preoccupied on the fact that the voice she heard call out had interupted their competion that she hadn't even taken their appearance into account. She turned her full attention on the approaching marine and her face twisted in concern. From the look on her face, it wasn't hard to determine that she was trying to figure out what exactly the thing approaching them was. She heard Miku ask if they were a mink and the green haired girl simply shook her head. She wasn't sure if there was such a think as an insect mink or at least that's what she thought he was once he was upon them. It seemed that the Marine tried to explain what exactly he was but the captain didn't allow for him to finish his answer. "Actually, Cap'n, I don't think there are insect minks. Although I don't know much past what I could get a hold of on my island. Besides all the navigating books were waaaay more interesting..." She trailed off as she realized she had went off on a tangent.

The swordswoman found herself being distracted by other nameless and faceless marines who decided to join the fight. It was bad enough one that seemed plenty strong and possibly possessed a devil fruit was attacking them. They also had to defend themselves against the ever-present low ranking lackeys as well. As she slashed her way through the lowbies that tried their own against her skills, the navigator heard her captain call out to her and she resisted the urge to salute the bluenette. "Aye Aye Cap'n!" She knew she didn't have to necessarily call the woman by her title every time but she quite enjoyed it. She made quick work of the marines that she had been fighting off and made a beeline for her captain's side.

Before she could manage to make it to her side, however, the bug man rushed towards Miku and returned the favor she had already paid to him. This was all, of course, at the same time that some no-name marine attacked Miku from behind as well. This did nothing but managed to infuriate the girl who was usually all smiles even if it didn't touch her face the steam was there. "Here I thought only pirates could fight dirty! Aren't Marines supposed to have honor? What a jerk you are!" Emi called out these words at the bug man who had inserted himself into their happy pirate bubble and ruined their competition. This guy was just unbelievably rude!

It would seem that it was now her turn to officially enter the match against the marine that her captain had already started to fight. It was in the form of him firing out a long blade of compressed air at her and she would soon realize that she wasn't the only one to be hit by that attack. Her attention turned to fish-woman as she let out a 'hey' at being attacked by the bug man as she was pulled into their conflict as well. The green-haired female didn't have much time to reel from the first attack before she was being kicked by the bug man. This didn't seem to make the smile falter from her lips even though both attacks hurt like hell. She kept her usual grin firmly planted on her face as she took her stance once more holding both her blades out. It seemed to only have made her more determined than ever to help her captain and this new pirate that was dragged into their fight.

Emi thought, if only quickly, about what she could do next and use against their opponent as another one made themselves known. He preoccupied his time with her captain and seemingly his own failures to move on par with her. She took this as her chance to get some kind of retaliation directed towards the bug man who had just walloped her good. She resheathed her blades and stood there for a second holding onto the hilts of both of her blades almost as if she was powering up or something. She didn't hesitate to remove both of her blades from their sheaths quickly with an attack similar to the one that had just been used on her that sent out an airwave from both of her blades towards the bug marine. [HT - Rip Current against Anton] "I can do that too!" She would say this as she stuck her tongue out at him then ran towards the marine and threw out a kick placing the toe of her boot to be the center of it but her foot didn't end up connecting with the marine. [UT against Anton]

Before she knew it, the other marine that had inserted himself into their fight was directing his attention at her and the fishwomen that had been dragged into their fight. It seemed that he grew tired of only being able to land one attack on her captain. He started out strong against the green-haired swordswoman it would seem and she reeled back after his attack hit her. However, she was lucky much like the fishwoman and managed to dodge against his second rather hasty attack against her. She didn't miss a beat as she dodged his attack and started to dance around the new marine that had arrived slashing at him randomly with both of her blades that she happily removed from their sheaths moments before. She finished this dance by raising both of her swords high above her hand and slammed them down against Issen, however, her calculations were quite a bit off and she entirely whiffed it. [LT - Dance of Waves - Against Issen] Much like when she attacked the bug marine, her attack didn't just end there as she sent another kick at the newcomer marine placing the toe of her boot at the center of it and just like before the kick didn't quite connect with the second marine. [UT Against Issen] She wasn't the only one that sent an attack out at the newcomer, however, as the fishwoman defended herself from him as well. It would seem that both the marine and the pirate at her side had something to say but the words that fell from the marine would more like a loud mumble than anything. She shrugged off his words but looked to the fishwoman whose weapon of choice was some kind of giant paintbrush.

"I dunno. They don't seem to be very smart. It's like they are saying all pirates look the same. And that's just plain rude. Although, mister bug man over there is on a very long line of being very rude! Keep your guard up against him especially! He's a big ol' jerk!" As she responded to the other girl's question, she stuck her tongue out at him once again.
Make'em remember you, RISE

coded by heroin of gs and adox

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Emi Roromiya on Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:47 pm; edited 3 times in total

Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:15 pm
The member 'Emi Roromiya' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Reflex Check' : 18, 1, 1, 1
Miku E. Sato
Miku E. Sato
[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways - Page 3 Rowdy_10
[tracker=/t600-miku-e-sato#2421]
Name : Miku Etsuko Sato
Epithet : Rowdy Rascal
Height : 5'2"
Weight : 122 lb
Crew : Meddling Kids
Ship : The Scorned Lady
Crew Role : Captain
Bounty : [ber=r] 105,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Shop Discount : 10%
Balance : [bel] 221,877,500
[[baneoftheweak]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[barrelcrazed]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:54 pm

[ seize life with your own hands ]

Group Declaration/Boss Difficulty +0:

As Emi began to chastise the bastard that had so rudely attacked Miku from behind a new voice had drawn the Rascal’s attention. However before the bluenette could give even respond to the girl in question a sudden blur from the ‘not’ bug-mink’s direction appeared in her peripheral vision. This was immediately followed up with a very fast and painful force suddenly striking at Miku’s chest, causing her cough out some blood in surprise only to immediately be struck with a follow up punch to her face. During this rush a voice could be heard directing the ‘not’ bug-mink but it was difficult to make it out too well as her head was slightly ringing from the impact.

Luckily the bastard had quickly moved away from her preventing her from paying him back immediately. Miku was pissed off at getting caught off guard like that but her eyes settled on the origin of the voice that had been aiding the ‘not’ bug-mink. A voice that she now distinctly remembered calling HER a HE. Several times. This anger that was only simmering on the surface was now boiling as the man literally appeared behind her and attempted to strike at her exposed back.

The Rascal quickly dodged to the side and began to rush inside his guard, crouching low as she reeled back her right arm. As soon as she was mere inches from the marine, who had just taken several shots and swings at her navigator, Miku sprung up throwing all of her weight into a single uppercut aimed at the steam bastard’s chin. [HT “Glass Chin” on Issen] Yeah, he’ll be Steam Bastard from now on. This attack was quickly followed up with a quick kick allowing Miku to springboard off of Steam Bastard and towards her navigator. [UT on Issen]

“That asshole called me a man!” The captain whined to her friend loudly, though the whine sounded strangely like a growl at the same time. As she was complaining to Emi, Miku bent down to pick up the bastard who had snuck up behind her and looked over at ‘not’ bug-mink.

“Think fast!” Miku yelled as she held the unconscious marine in front of her by the collar before suddenly punching him as hard as she could in the abdomen to send him flying towards ‘not’ Bug-Mink. [LT Slugger on Anton]  Miku immediately ran behind her makeshift projectile to deliver a quick follow up punch and keep the pressure on the ‘not’ Bug-Mink. [UT on Anton}

Miku E. Sato's Rolls:
COMBAT TRACKERS:

NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:54 pm
The member 'Miku E. Sato' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Reflex Check' : 6, 15, 4, 7
Maxwell
Maxwell
[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways - Page 3 Vk6odI4
[tracker=/t139-richard-maxwell#516]
Name : Richard Maxwell
Epithet : Plague Rat
Height : 6'0" / 183 cm
Weight : 160 lbs. / 73 kg
Bounty : [bel=r] 243,000,000
Quality Score : S+
Shop Discount : -10%
Balance : [bel] 1,217,129,125
[[bookworm]][[firstaidkit]][[berryprinter]]
[[identitytheft]][[identitytheft]][[improviseadaptovercome]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:02 am
Ignorance was bliss, as the wise knew. Happily the rat waltzed into the viper’s coils, enticed by the golden cheese right under his sharp nose. Its beautiful luster mesmerized him, made him all too eager to forget the dangerous island around him. Likewise, he hadn’t the faintest idea of the real danger lurking nearby. Haki, any application of it really, had never been his strong suit. For obvious reasons. Well, maybe it was better that he didn’t know... Desperate rats did tend to bite after all...

Richard wore his smile like well-fitted mask. No cracks where his intentions could peek through. ...Eyes aside at least. But they too would twist back into being dark swirls within venom green pools. “A pleasure to meet you, Ms. Laurel, Mr. Mazin.” He briefly considered lacing his words with another layer of flattery, but decided against it. Too much of a good thing, you know... Not to mention that he was already being offered exactly what he wanted. “I’m glad we could reach an agreement.” Ah, if only all deals could be so effortless. He hurried to set down his suitcase.

With three quick clicks, the locks of the suitcase were released. As the gentleman popped it open, curious eyes wouldn’t find anything immediately incriminating. He always made sure of that. On the top, there were only two sets of clothes side by side. Together they covered his more suspicious belongings nicely. One set was brown, with just a single piece of white and another of blue. Exactly like what he currently wore. Why change a working formula? However, the second set was all white, a pristine lab coat if one was savvy enough to recognize one. A box of disposables gloves peeked from beneath a corner, set there for quick access.

While Laurel handed over the ingots, Richard arranged them in tidy rows. Quick and meticulous were the few good words that honestly described him. As he listened to her sweet words, one line in particular made her ear twitch. “Tucked away, you say...?” He repeated the words and his smile grew sharper. “My, we are in luck then. It would be a shame to let all that treasure be... lost to time, no?” So far, he found himself liking the way this lady approached things. Clearly she understood what was important in this war...

...Money. The answer would be money.

Once all the bullions were secured, the rat snapped his suitcase shut. Despite the added weight, he hoisted it with little effort. Well, savvy sailors knew that in this world appearances could be deceiving. Power and body didn’t always go hand in hand. Perhaps that was the case with the lanky man as well. ...Or more likely he was just used to dragging excessive amounts of loot around. It was his favorite form of exercise.

As the captain commanded her assistant to take the lead, the so-called treasure hunter was quick to agree. “I’ll be right behind you.” ...Ready to sink the metaphorical knife in their backs. Only a metaphorical one, mind you. Distractions worked the best when they were alive, see? He was going to follow them wherever they headed, sure, but he would also be keeping a certain distance. Not that he could really find a reason to worry anymore. In fact, he was struggling to keep the cheerful smile on his face from twisting into a greedy grin. Others could shed their blood over politics, ideals and other such nonsense, while he collected riches from both sides.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

[tracker=/t544-anton-la-croix#2124]
Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
Faction : Marine
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Crew Role : Captain
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 1,472,069,543
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[bookworm]][[childofdestiny]]
[[berryprinter]][[punchoutguru]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]
Turf : [turf="/t299-turf-details-minion-island#1113"]Minion Island[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:37 am
Anton's heart was going a hundred miles a minute. Here he was, battling three pirates by himself, in the middle of a warzone. His body was still aching from the blows he had suffered earlier, but he was hanging in there. He would keep fighting, even if it meant crushing defeat, mainly because he had no choice in the matter.

And then, help came out of the blue. A familiar face, jumping into the fray to fight the pirates alongside him. The cyborg, Lissen. Anton's eyes widened. He hadn't seen him since that Davy Back Royal back on Thriller Bark. "Issen!?" he yelped out in surprise, "What are you doin-YIPE!" Anton had to leap to the side, to avoid getting hit by ink being shot at him by the fishgirl. He should have expected a counter attack, though her yelling out why she was getting attacked caused him to pause. "Wait, you mean you're not a pi-GAH!" This time, the attack did hit. A blast of compressed air, launched out by the green haired pirate girl. Damn, she hit hard. He bounced back along the ground, only managing to land back on his feet, before suddenly being smacked by...a flying marine? He was sure he got hit by another hit as well, but his attention was more drawn to the flying marine launched at him. The pair of them crashed to the ground in a tangled heap. Anton was a little dazed from the combined blows, and he was starting to hurt.

"S-Sorry sir," the marine stammered, as Anton slowly pushed the battered man off of him. Seriously, were they throwing marines now? Now Anton was pushing any uncertainty out of his mind. These were pirates, and they needed to be stopped.

Anton let out a shriek as he dove towards the closest pirate, the tomboyish leader, as he launched a flying kick at her, intent on knocking her back. [UT at Miku] Without missing a beat, he leaped into the air, flipping over the green haired pirate, intent on delivering another kick to where he had knocked her captain. [UT at Emi] Regardless whether the previous attacks hit or not, Anton was running on reflex now. Bouncing around, he launched a third kick at the fishgirl, pushing her towards the other two [UT at Toga].

Anton let out one last scream as he launched himself skyward, his legs vibrating as he aimed to land himself down hard between all three pirates. As the marine came down hard, the ground beneath him splintered and cracked, sending a small shockwave to hopefully hit the three of them. [B Flat at everyone!]

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Rolls:
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:37 am
The member 'Anton La'croix' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Reflex Check' : 11, 13, 15, 6
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:01 pm

THE IRON BEAST

Drool leaked from between the ancient creature's stained fangs when he finally noticed the tasty morsel almost twice his size towering over the congested intersection. His rage had blinded him to the white-haired fairy's presence until now, but a brief moment of clarity allowed her to occupy Silver's vision.

With a low, disturbing growl, he began to shrink into a smaller form. His skin turned pink, and his spear-like chompers blunted into tighter, yellowed rows. His tail withdrew as a final measure returning him to his human form. The only traces of his beastliness remaining were his rabid carmine eyeslits. [Toggle: Maniac]

Before he could approach the target of his attention, a swarm of fizzling sparkles skirted around him. With a little bit of intuition and a healthy amount of luck, his leap forward saved him from the full brunt of the jolt spawned by the electric dandelions. [Enlil's Curse: Grazing Hit]

In his desperation (though he wouldn't have called it that) to escape, Silver failed to anticipate a follow-up strike chasing after the dandelions. The Feral Pirates had expectedly brought lightning with them on a clear day, but the insect attacking him wasn't hairy enough to be one of them. His spine convulsed when he felt the electricity conducted through his unarmoured skin, and a tingling, burning feeling nearly overpowered him. [10 Million Volt - Raiju: Hit]

The mad red-haired dog staggered only for a second. His footing had slipped, and his fist was pressed against the road with his back bent forward. He huffed with an unsteady glare circling his assailant. The unexpected shocks had wholly erased the giantess' existence from his thoughts.

His calves tensed and then bloated with a rip. The bottom half of his dark jeans shredded explosively as the skin below his knees mutated to a scaly black. [MT Stat Morph: Low Rider on Self]

His arms sinewed, and his chest tightened with painful cracks. He scrunched his white, silky shirt and tore it off with a violent tug. Patches of the shirt sailed down to the ground like autumn leaves, unveiling a torso ridden with pale scars from cuts and bruises. Liquid crystals of sweat streamed down his exposed frame in erratic paths. His thighs pumped abnormally, and the subtle bump hidden behind his bottoms bulged to an uncomfortable degree. [LT Stat Morph: Primal Groin on Self]

When the dark white-hair atop the collapsing rooftop mumbled some illegible words, Silver chose to ignore him—until the bristles on his back stood like a cat's. Like a fly evading an annoyed slap, he retreated out of reach of the strange smell wafting from the massive ornamented floating skull. [Marutōsu no fukkatsu: Miss]

A bloodthirsty shout flew through the noisy battlefield. Its volume could compete even with the loudest of the three-eyed pirate's lightning bolts. With tingly sparks cracking along his flesh, Silver declared his threat. "Motherfucking peons, always getting in my way... I'm gonna rip your arms off and rape your asses with them!" His glower focused on the three-eyed shorty zooming towards him. "Volunteering to die first, are ya?"

A soft buzz preceded an ear-splitting boom. The Iron Beast had sprung up two-buildings high, leaving a shallow crater of pestled flagstones and mangled corpses in his wake. [Orko's Whim: Miss] [Castor's UT: Miss]  

With a psychopathic grin, he swiped his claws down at the dark-haired midget, sending three flashy slashes his way. "Razor brush!" [LT Stat Morph: Razor Brush on Castor] If the slashes were to hit their mark, they would not tear flesh. They would only leave the target shaky and uncoordinated for a time.

On his way down to the ground, the dinosaur-man's thick tail grew back, darker and wrinklier than ever. The tip of his tail thrust at the two notable threats like a cobra lunging at its prey. Invisible bullets flew through the air, aiming to pierce his opponents in whatever meagre ways they could. [UTs on Castor and Brood]

Silver evaded the bombastic spray of crystals originating from the dark clown with a brilliant mid-flight spin comparable to a trapeze artist's. [Brood's UT: Miss]

After an acrobatic landing, he spread his legs wide and kept his body low in preparation for an impending counterattack. A monstrous smirk stretched his mouth as he spat venomous words. "I hope you'll make this at least a little enjoyable for me, small fries! It'll barely count as 'rape' if you don't put up a struggle."

DICE ROLLS:

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by NPC on Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:01 pm
The member 'NPC' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Reflex Check' : 17, 13, 1
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
[World Event] Bearing a Bear's Ways - Page 3 G7UGK6I
[tracker=/t980-castor-o-nox#4771]
Name : Castor O. Nox
Epithet : Sanpaku | The Azure Pheasant | Duke Of Lvneel | Saint Nox
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 175lbs
Species : Three-Eye Tribesman
World Position : Blockbuster
Alliance : -
Crew : Nox Pirates
Ship : The Wailing Calamity
Crew Role : Captain | Navigator | Book Collector | Pride Sin
Devil Fruit : Goro Goro no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 620,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (To all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf); +0.10 (Blockbuster); +0.20 (To all allies)
Shop Discount : -20%
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 96,000,000
Balance : [bel] 2,470,815,020
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[dreamsneverdie]]
[[bookworm]][[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:14 pm

blur_on

Jurassic Dock I

Hovering over the dinosaur, Castor landed into a pack of marines who were mesmerized by the carnage all around them. With four swift slashes, the man severed the soldier's jugular veins with Summer Rain’s figure, eliminating any potential interference to his current predicament.

Watching on from a safe place, Castor observed as the spewing skull ripped through the fodder below the building which the looming pirate poised upon. The bleeding Candy Man caught the fellow Supernova’s eye, turning this into a competition of sorts in Castor’s mind, to see who could body the scaly behemoth in record time.

Silver’s body convulsed and contorted, changing size and shape as he’d turn his attention from Snowflake to the Supernova. The sound of the electricity pulsating through the red head’s body, made Castor grin in amusement. However, his smirk faded as the man’s mighty voice rattled through the battlefield.

Instantly squeezing his nostril close with his vacant hand, “I can smell your stench from over here. When’s the last time you brushed those teeth of yours Scales?” Castor shouted in response to man’s opening statement. Making a pondering face, “Rotten Eggs… No. Rotten Flesh. Hmm… I just can’t pin my finger on that stank.” Castor exclaimed dramatically with a blank expression.

The surrounding marines and pirates who heard Castor’s comments tried their hardest to hold in their laughter, but the man’s nonchalant mood and dramatized actions penetrated the serious nature of the battlefield, relieving momentarily the nervous energy in the air.

What made the men laugh wasn’t the truth in the man’s taunts or the accuracy of his comedic flare but how terrible the taunts were in contrast to his silly blank facial expression.

"Kill me? You could try. Rape. Eh? What’s that?”
Castor responded to the man’s statement shrugging. Exactly at the end of his rebuttal, the Red Head had closed the distance between them in seconds, extending his claws to cleave through Castor’s chest.

Attempting to lunge away, Nox’s step was too late. Silver’s razor sharp nails didn’t slice into his flesh but the momentum from the purposely close strike, sent a shockwave through Castor’s body. [Silver’s Debuff Hits -25% Defense to Castor]

This feeling was all too familiar to him, it was fear. The hand wielding his katana began to shook. Silver’s display of power left his muscles with less strength than usual. As the remainder of the dinosaur’s body touchdown, the man’s assault continued as his tail began to elongate once more. The prehistoric animal’s tail flickered towards him in a whip like manner, however his rampage was met with no contact. [UT missed due to Logia intangibility]

Creating a hole in his head, the dinosaur’s tail borrowed through the hollow space created by the Logia’s ability. As Silver mouthed off about him and the Candy Man having to put up a better fight, he hadn’t yet realize that his tail hadn’t made an impact. Reforming his face with a surge of lightning, the Dinosaur’s menacing smirk was met with one of Castor’s own. “Ah. That hurt.” Castor stated in a dry sarcastic manner, continuing to smirk broadly.

“Forgive me for my ignorance in World Affairs but who are you? Why is someone of your caliber working for the marines? Seems boring.” Castor rattled on. The pressure emanating from the Prehistoric Behemoth was that of a man who’d murdered hundreds, if not, thousands of people. Refusing to be crushed by the man’s aura, Castor released his Conqueror’s Haki, rejecting the beast’s presence with his own. [Haoshoku Haki Debuff to Silver by 10% Reflex]

Bodies began to drop like flies from Castor’s Haki. The imp reaffirmed his grip on Summer Rain and launched his counterattack. “He’s nimble… so just to be sure, I need to keep up a pace of my own.” Castor thought to himself, zigzagging around the perimeter of the beast’s position.

Ceasing the motion at the man’s right flank, Castor fired off a gigantic lightning bolt from the hand carrying his Meito. As the blade thrust towards Silver, the cluster of electricity surrounding the blade began to form into the visage of a lightning bird. If the massive forty-five million volt charged attack succeeded, the blade would wedge into the man’s right foot, potentially ceasing movement momentarily. [MT - 45 Million Volt Hino]

Reaching for his second mounted weapon, Iris, in quick succession, Castor attempts to lunge his blackened spear head towards Silver’s right eye. [LT – Impale] Retracting the hand carrying his Nodachi, Nox coats the blade in a fresh electrical discharge, sheathing the Meito into its holster temporarily, as he floats suspended in mid-air.

Hovering several meters away from Silver, the man swiftly removed the blade from its sheath, using a sword drawing technique to quicken the speed of his draw. As the blade extended, an electrified pillar of air surged towards the Behemoth in attempts to make contact along his ribcage. [LT – Luna’s Kiss (Equipment Technique)]

The impact of the Wind Blade, whether it connected or not sent scraps of pebbles flying rapidly around the battlefield. These shards, along with the plume of dust that accompanied it, hindered those in the area’s eyesight, fragments wedging generally in very uncomfortable places. [UT – Silver ] Landing once again, Castor used his Sixth Sense to anticipate any incoming movements from within the dust.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Word Count:  | Tagged: @Goldmonger @Wren @Brood

Notes: Intro.

Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:14 pm
The member 'Castor O. Nox' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Reflex Check' : 16, 16, 10, 14
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:48 am

OOC: (-eh is a cough; -ee is a weeze)

In an instance his face bled softly for a brief moment. His eyes turned and looked down upon his cheek now stained with crimson. Eyes narrowing for a moment, he began to move his fingers in a strange way, creating a large object that seemed to have ears, a trunk, tusks and a massive frame. In a moment the large creature[ZŌ NO KATŌ | MT - Stat Morph] moved forward towards the Dinosaur male with a stampede, stopping just short of the Dinosaur, the elephant scrunched up its trunk before sending it forward. Allowing a plume of powdered sugar to fly out towards the beast.[NEOTĒMU SHINSEIJI | LT - Stat Morph] This large creature being nothing more than a candy skull elephant.

The look on Brood's face showcased a lack of emotion. Something that seemed to showcase itself often as of late. After the powder would be expelled the creature would try to use the substance to its advantage by stamping forward while attempting to slam it's trunk, now shiny and reflective like a mirror[KISHIRITŌRUMIRĀ | LT - Flat], against the dinosaur. It was an attempt to smack the utter shit out of the Dinosaur so that he would take the fight more seriously, opposed to fuck around as though he were some untouchable force. Brood wasn't the kind of pirate to suffer fools....and if this man was going to learn. Today was going to be the one that taught it to him.

Brood focused for a moment, unable to determine if his opponent was actually moving as fast as he thought or not. Either way, he couldn't just sit there and do nothing. To that end, when the elephant reared it's trunk back again, Brood said nothing to the rape comments or gestures that were made by the adolescent pirate. He was a Shichibukai, after-all, so it was only fair that the man-ling was no pushover in this conflict. Brood had become far more serious and dejected, eyes straining as he attempted to take this fight as seriously as he could. But given his track record in the past, him being serious or otherwise rarely if ever mattered in fights.

Brood himself leveled his own finger towards the beast, trying to shoot him with a little finger bullet[SUGAR BULLET | UT - Flat], so that he could at the very least scratch the male, if even just a little bit with his sugary bullet. What mattered here and now was landing the hits. He hated faster opponents with a passion, if he could somehow bring this fight back down to a reasonable speed, then it would work out for him. But dealing with both Zippity-Doo-Da and Dinodung here was already a pain in the ass. It was a race to see whom could put lizard boy flat on his ass first...and Brood was more than willing to make it happen. It was just a matter of time.

And yet, something dark was pressing down in the back of Brood's mind. Something that he wanted to give himself to. Something that was telling him how sweet it would be if he were too...annihilate everyone here. Death didn't matter in the long run, not so long as he achieved a sizable body count worthy of taking out most everyone around him. Whatever attacks Castor was doing...he didn't seem to register them. A smile, although brief as it may be, crept across his delicious face, and Brood knew almost instantly what was about to happen next. The masochism rose inside of him. Perhaps it was time to use....that.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:48 am
The member 'Brood' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Reflex Check' : 16, 5, 14
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord